Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hummer H3

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I really see you driving one of these and it'll directly compete with a Liberty gasser.

Steve, Host
  • ayrowayrow Member Posts: 99
    Interestingly enough, Consumer Reports has a short quip in their new issue about the H3. They say they will have a "full report" in December but note a couple of things right off the bat:

- The average gas mileage they have been consitently getting is only 14mpg - not much better than the H2. What a long way from the 20 promised by GM.(!)
    - Visibilty, as has been mentioned here, is horrible due to the spare tire and small windows.
    - While it excells at off-roading, they recommend thinking twice about the H3 as a daily driver.

While others on this forum have stated what a wonderful truck the H3 is, I have heard more complaints about the above from various posters on this forum that fall in line with what Consumer Reports has to say.

Add to that the strange problems that dealerships are unable to fix for whatever reason, I think that I will wait a year or two before I consider an H3.

And to reinforce a point I made in an earlier post; now that gas prices have risen sharply, even if this thing were getting 20mpg (which it isn't) , there is nothing impressive about 20mpg in the long run and it is nothing to brag about in the relative scheme of things.

Basically GM is slumping the H3 into the same care-about-nothing-have-more-money-than-sense attitude catagory as the H2.

It's just not practical,.....yet.
    There are much better options available as we speak.
  • humbleaghumbleag Member Posts: 9
    Thank you for the Consumer Reports information. I'm glad they had time to do a short blurb on it. Perhaps after they finish up with the vacuum cleaners and electric razors they can do a more thorough slam job on the H3. I know that I'll be anxious to see what the experts on everything from baby food to diapers have to say about my truck.

As for gas mileage, I've not gotten less than 16 on any tank yet, and on my last tank I got just over 18. That was highway driving at 70-75 with an automatic. The GM "claim" of 20mpg is for a manual on the EPA city cycle, which just isn't realistic, but you certainly can't blame GM for that.

Visibility isn't that bad, although it did take a week or so to get used to using the side mirrors. In a world where minivans need to have back-up sensors so that soccer moms can avoid backing into other cars in the parking lot, it seems to make sense to me that everyone should get used to using the side mirrors.

No problems at all with mine, and out of about 30,000 units sold so far, even if every one of the 606 posts on this forum were complaints (which they are not!), that still wouldn't even be statistically significant. Consumer Reports sells magazines because they find faults, even if they aren't there.

As for being practical, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I find mine to be extremely practical for getting me where I want to go. I also think that it looks cool and I like the attention it gets. For me, there are no better options available....period.
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    I really see you driving one of these and it'll directly compete with a Liberty gasser.

hmmm...the name does have a nice ring to it. :-)

But I think I like this other Dodge product coming out soon.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_geneva/caliber/pages/1.htm
  • kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    You guy's should take this over to the Dodge Fourm :confuse:

Regards,
    Ken
  • aabb1231aabb1231 Member Posts: 2
    gas city12.5 miles per gallon
    highway15.5
    rear end problem10\4 2weeks for parts maybe sooner if your lucky
    drivers window leaking
    awful shimmy front end
    loaner car given will call with update
    brakes lock up''they say thats normal''
    stabila track doesn't work?
  • aabb1231aabb1231 Member Posts: 2
    there replacing my h3 rear end no avilability on parts,well buy 1stan wait
    humbleag,

"No problems at all...."

Well, after reading the last few posts and doing more research, I have to be honest when I tell you that you seem to be the exception.
    Your H3 must have been built special parts or something to be getting such great gas mileage and have no problems at all.

At least two weeks for parts??? Must have run out of them for some reason or something...

I rest my case.
  • dwpcdwpc Member Posts: 159
    Consumer Reports fails to recognize that 4x4 buyers are consumers too. If they did, they'd be celebrating GM's introduction of the H3 as a highly capable true 4x4 with fully modern safety features, comfort, and not unreasonable fuel economy at a mid-level price (about the same as Jeep Rubicon). Finally; an American alternative to the respected but ancient Wrangler platform and its cranky 4x4 system that lacks AWD capability for in town and has no ABS. And to Land Rovers, Touaregs, Land Cruisers, etc. that are offroad capable only for those rare few willing to take a luxury megadollar rig into the boonies.
    "Well, after reading the last few posts and doing more research, I have to be honest when I tell you that you seem to be the exception."

Huh? Over 30,000 trucks sold and the last few posts (2 that I can think of) with some problems make me the exception? I'm glad you can be honest, but even more tickled that you can construct such an illogical argument. More research where? Consumer reports again? Perhaps Parenting magazine has done a thorough investigation of the H3? Maybe you should do some reading on other forums to get more data on the H3, I think you'll find that with very few exceptions (albeit vocal ones), the trucks have been trouble free.

"Your H3 must have been built special parts or something to be getting such great gas mileage and have no problems at all. "

Not that I'm sensitive, but that makes it sound a bit like you are calling me a liar. I'm not sure what you think my motivation might be, but I will restate that I have had no problems with my H3, and my gas milage has been right in line with official EPA estimates. Oh my gosh, I just figured it out. You are an H3 owner like me that wants the truck to stay fairly rare, so if you bash it people won't want to buy it. Good thinking. But now I'll have to establish another id to help you do that.

"I rest my case."

Good. My momma always told me when you can't make a valid argument, just keep your mouth shut. Good night, Forrest.
    "3. Air conditioning problem. The AC is on as soon as the fan is turned on (AC on, meaning compressor is on). You don’t need to push the AC knob for the AC to be on. The only time the AC goes off is when the temperature knob is rotated to the maximum heat. As soon as you rotate it CCW one notch, the AC comes on (Compressor is on) "

I don't know if this will help or not, but some aware H3 owners have pointed out that the AC compressor is always on when the air is in recirculation mode. This occurs even if the AC button (snowflake) is not on. They have confirmed with GM that this is a design feature, possibly put in because of the small windows to avoid fogging. I live in Houston so my AC is always on anyway.
  • walcwalc Member Posts: 11
    Add me to the problem free team. :)
    Two months and 1700 miles and I love my H3.
    "gas city12.5 miles per gallon
    highway15.5"

You should have asked for special parts like I did to get better mileage. (See previous posts if you don't get the joke). Seriously, I just filled up again, and got 18mpg, mostly highway driving but a bit of sitting and idling with the AC on. I do have a fairly light foot and typically get pretty close to what EPA estimates are.

"rear end problem10\4 2weeks for parts maybe sooner if your lucky"

This has been documented as a somewhat rare problem due to a supplier's error, but I'm sure it has been a pain for anyone who has gone through it. Delay in parts is due to efforts to correct supplier issues for both production and repairs. Be thankful they are doing it right.

"drivers window leaking"

roll it up.

"awful shimmy front end"

My wife has the same issue, but I don't really see a problem with it. Sorry, that was non-H3 related. What did you hit?

"loaner car given will call with update"

Is that a bad thing? I guess it depends upon what the loaner is. Most I've been hearing from get Cadillacs or similar, maybe they gave you a jeep?

"stabila track doesn't work?"

What does that mean? What type of symptom or display indicates a problem with the StabiliTrak system? You indicate a problem with brakes locking up and the ST uses the brakes, is the problem related?

I'm not slamming you, dude, please don't be offended. Just having a bit of fun.

I've got 2400 miles and still no problems. Oh, the tire pressure monitor did tell me I had a low tire this morning (after cold front blew through). Sure enough, one of my tires was a bit low. Is that something I should blame GM for?

I'm not under the misguided belief that this truck is perfect, I don't believe any can be. But, it is very cool and I'm loving it a lot. Good luck to all who get the pleasure of owning one.
  • dedomandedoman Member Posts: 24
    Im going to have to agree with you on this one..... I have had the H3 for about 3 months now... perfect!!!! (knock on wood), not one problem has come up.... as far as mileage...18 last time I checked! and that was highway, most of the time, with about 1/4 of a tank city... absolutely no complaints so far.. and were really enjoy the peace of mind that comes with onstar, side airbags and all wheel drive. some people probably wish they would have made a better decision.... and purchased the H3!!
    good night
  • rx8docrx8doc Member Posts: 7
    0ver 4000 miles, no problems. 16 overall MPG. Oil change Jiffy Lube no problems.
    Amount of times per day I am stopped by people wanting to look at the H3 about 3. Loving it.
    Ray
  • superiorbluesuperiorblue Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up my H3 last Wednesday and I love it. I filled up because I wasn't sure how far the gas gauge went down before the low fuel warning comes on. I ended up putting 20 gallons in and had traveled 346 miles. Comes out to 17.3 mpg for my first tank. I'm happy! Sure beats my traded in Avalanche. I do notice a little gas pedal vibration from time to time but it's under warranty for 4 years. If something serious should come out of it, I'll take her in to get checked. :)
  • sillyducksillyduck Member Posts: 3
    I have been lurking a long time and reading the last bunch of posts, I have to ask a question....

16mpg, 17.3mpg, or if you're lucky, 18mpg.....since when is this acceptable???
    I mean, if you're comparing gas mileage to a Checy Avalanche, a Suburban, or maybe a school bus, these figures might seem favorable. But I am concerned that all of you are living in a fantasy world when you consider these numbers to be acceptable or worse yet, "economical" *cough!*.

Wait until the gas prices hit $4/gallon and it costs $80 to fill up a truck that gets under 350 miles to a tank, then reality will set in, I suppose.

I'm sorry, but people that think 18mpg is "good" or "economical" and feel comfortable bragging about what great gas mileage they get need a good smack upside the head and a good dose of reality.

I don't mean to be a troll or be negative in nature, but this country and the people that live here are in for a world of hurt if you think a vehicle that gets under 20mpg is something to brag about.

People will learn the hard way, soon, unfortunately, since gas is certainly not going to get any more affordable. I suppose the rich do not care. However, wasn't the H3 designed to be "affordable"??? Something the average person could buy into?

I love the Hummer H3, it is a nice looking vehicle. But honestly folks, but we can do a lot better.

Wait until the gas prices hit $4.00/gallon. You guys won't be able to give these things away....

People will figure it out eventually.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    I suggest you troll somewhere like the Hyundai elantra forum, the Honda Civic forum or forums that get 30 to 40mpg. What people do with their money and how thet spend it is their "OWN" business. Try your "SOAPBOX" somewhere else. This is the United states of America. Do you also post in the Caddy Escalade forums?
    If you are on a Crusade why not start your own website!!!!!!
    It's not the price but availability. As long as there aren't shortages, people are going to drive what they like and need. My minivan only gets a bit over 20 mpg combined, but it works for us. Last week's $50 fill up wasn't fun, but we couldn't have brought home our new (energy efficient) washer in a Civic and it would have cost $35 to have it delivered (plus the truck probably only gets 8 mpg....).

Steve, Host
    Fact is, the Cadilac Escalade does nothing in their promotion to to say (or brag) about the gas mileage. It is a vehicle designed for the wealthy that can care less about things like gas mileage. It also has a huge V8 - It has an excuse for its poor gas mileage and it makes up for it in horsepower.

The H3 has a five cyl engine. It is arguably underpowered and gets worse gas mileage than its competitors with larger engines (check out the Nissan Pathfinder or Xterra if you don't believe me). If the H3 had a V8 (or even a V6 for that matter ) then perhaps the gas mileage would be a little easier to deal with.

"This is the United states of America."

Really? What a moronic and short-sighted thing to add. So this forum and the H3 are strictly limited to the US?? I wasn't aware. Thanks for educating me.
    Good thing the whole world doesn't think like you do, since according to that statement, everyone in the USA could care less about fuel economy. since we are the rebelious "Land of the Free and careless".

Give me a break....
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Maybe if you could be lucky enough to afford one you would change your tune. :P :shades:
    "I have been lurking a long time and reading the last bunch of posts, I have to ask a question.... "

Since it seems that my posts may have been amonng those that brought you out of lurking (sorry to everyone else)), I feel like I must reply.

"I'm sorry, but people that think 18mpg is "good" or "economical" and feel comfortable bragging about what great gas mileage they get need a good smack upside the head and a good dose of reality. "

First of all, I don't really read anyone's post as "bragging" about gas mileage. We were merely responding to posts indicating that the H3 wasn't capable of reaching EPA estimates, which I believe we have proven incorrect. I've already received my smack in the head today anyway, so I don't think another one is deserved.

Second, I really don't care that I am spending more money to drive the truck I wish to drive. It is my money and I can spend it how I'd like to. I don't understand how that could refelect negatively on my country. I am not rich, although I do make a comfortable living. I am not doing without to put gas in my H3, and I don't think that will change even if the price exceeds $4/gallon.

I average about 4 gallons of gas per day. If gas goes up another dollar as you suggest, that is $4 per day extra out of my pocket. A real bargin to be driving something cool that I enjoy. Even if I have to stop supersizing my value meals, I still think the H3 is the truck for me.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as are all on this forum I suppose, but thinking that everyone will come around to your point of view because of higher gas prices puts you as the one in a fantasy world.
  • superiorbluesuperiorblue Member Posts: 5
    I must agree with humbleag!
    Why should anyone care what we drive? Why would you be lurking in an H3 forum if you have no interest in them? :confuse:
    "I must agree with humbleag!
    Why should anyone care what we drive? Why would you be lurking in an H3 forum if you have no interest in them?"

Lol. I never said I wasn't interested. Quite the contrary. My argument was not about bashing the H3 (which is how most of you will take it). With the exception of the engine, it seems to be a great vehicle.

My point was that one of the selling points of the H3 (and how GM chose to promote it) was that of a economical and affordable SUV.

Gas prices, the higher they go, negate this.

My point was that this selling strategy is much like saying McDonnalds is nutritious or smoking won't harm you. It is a false impression that Americans (and the world) were led to believe at one time, but changes in basic thinking and overall comon sense redefined this. People, especially in this country, have a misrepresentation of what economical really is. Go to Europe where gas easily cost twice as much and you will see what I mean.

But, as was mentioned before, This Is America, and we can spend our money as we chose because we are "Free!."

While this may be true, unfortunately that doesn't make us any smarter.
    "The Hummer H3, a far better vehicle than any of us were expecting" could be Truck of the Year, but apparently it's not the year of the Hummer.

It's Never Too Early to Predict (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • hddavehddave Member Posts: 1
    Believe it or not I am having my H3 bought back by GM. I have had it in the shop for about 65 days they have replaced the rear transaxle twice, the sub woofer, the catalytic converter, taken the tranny out to work on the balance shaft chain and now the icing on the cake they are replacing the engine yes that's right the engine.
    The rattling noise I was told is part of the balance shaft chain not being tight enough but all of these are that way some are just worse than others. Don't let them tell you that the truck is all you can get I had a Cadillac CSX or whatever it's called and now I have had a rental h3 for the last 52 days. I don't wish the buy back procedure on anyone they don't communicate and you never know when it's going to be over.
    The H3 rental has been fine and I have put it thru it's paces and I can't find anything it won't go thru or go over.
    Call me stupid but I still want another H3. They have one of the best warranties in the business and I have looked at everything I could think of and nothing is as cool looking and get so much attention.
  • idstormidstorm Member Posts: 1
    The H3 is the first new vehicle I have purchased... As soon as I saw it online, I knew this would be my first purchase. I was surely happy with it once I did get it... but then at around 1100 miles, the rear axle assembly had to be replaced. A few problems with dealer service have been rectified, but now there are other problems. Now and again on dry surfaces, when I press the accelerator, the stabilatrack icon flashes on, and the vehicle decelerates... I love my H3, but I think it is possessed!
  • mark82mark82 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at trying to get a GMID cert............. can you help????
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    do a search of this board and you will get all the info you need.
  • yellowh3yellowh3 Member Posts: 3
    Well, well, thanks so much for telling others how to live their lives, you very compassionate environment lover you!!! A hybrid will save the planet??? Wow. As far as gas prices, can you spell OPEC, developing countrys' demand and lack of pollution laws in those countries (may have something to do with your ozone layer too, don't you think). Hummers don't cause price hikes. That's way too simplistic my friend. Do your part and stop telling others what to do. You must be a very frustrated person.
  • yellowh3yellowh3 Member Posts: 3
    The whole world doesn't think like you do???? If the rest of the world had a whiff of a chance to, they would, they would buy SUVs anyday, but their governments LOVE to tax them to death $7-9/gallon in Europe now, we have family there. My friends overseas who have some money all bought SUVs, Land Rovers, Jeeps, Jeeps are very well liked in Europe. European SUVs actually get less mpg when you compare apples to apples, go look at any Land Rover SUV mileage, that's one of the reasons I didn't buy the ROVER or the X5, both get less mpg with smaller engines. Pathfinder and Xterra do not get any better mpg than my H3. I have checked and friends who have it say the same. They are trading in their imports for H3s. H3 never bragged about gas mileage. We brag about it, it's the best we got for now. If anyone builds a capable 4*4 comparable to H3 with better gas mileage without looking like a Kia or Subaru, I'll buy it. So we do care about stuff......you give me a break, I am an immigrant, love the USA, millions are risking their life and limb to get here.....this is the Land of the FREE. Let us drive what we like. You are free to drive your Honda Insight, hope you're not caught in a hurricane, flood, snow, or hope you don't have to rescue anyone from flood. Hummers are part of the red cross HOPE team. When their vehicles cannot go somewhere, they actually call us, Hummer owners. Red Cross trains Hummer owners on rescue and be part of their team, very fulfilling, don't recall seeing any fuel effiecient imports there. Thanks.
    "The whole world doesn't think like you do???? If the rest of the world had a whiff of a chance to, they would, they would buy SUVs anyday, but their governments LOVE to tax them to death $7-9/gallon in Europe now, we have family there. My friends overseas who have some money all bought SUVs, Land Rovers, Jeeps, Jeeps are very well liked in Europe. European SUVs actually get less mpg when you compare apples to apples, go look at any Land Rover SUV mileage, that's one of the reasons I didn't buy the ROVER or the X5, both get less mpg with smaller engines. Pathfinder and Xterra do not get any better mpg than my H3. I have checked and friends who have it say the same. They are trading in their imports for H3s. H3 never bragged about gas mileage. We brag about it, it's the best we got for now. If anyone builds a capable 4*4 comparable to H3 with better gas mileage without looking like a Kia or Subaru, I'll buy it. So we do care about stuff......you give me a break, I am an immigrant, love the USA, millions are risking their life and limb to get here.....this is the Land of the FREE. Let us drive what we like. You are free to drive your Honda Insight, hope you're not caught in a hurricane, flood, snow, or hope you don't have to rescue anyone from flood. Hummers are part of the red cross HOPE team. When their vehicles cannot go somewhere, they actually call us, Hummer owners. Red Cross trains Hummer owners on rescue and be part of their team, very fulfilling, don't recall seeing any fuel effiecient imports there. Thanks."

*sigh*......

whatever......
  • jimc3jimc3 Member Posts: 1
    I am really interested in the H3 Hummer, drove one this weekend and loved it. I have tried to research the H3 which led me to this forum and noticed info on a GMID certificate, where can I obtain one? I want all of the goodies and can't
    quite afford them, but the GMID certificate would make my dream come true.
    Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Use the Search This Discussion box to the lower right underneath the messages and search for GMID. I think the first thread about it with contact info was around post 200.

Have fun shopping!

Steve, Host
  • borchone1borchone1 Member Posts: 14
    I also drove a H3 this last week and fell in love. Awesome. I have a Jeep Rubicon and a Bravada. Will be trading in the Bravada as soon as i can talk my wife into the H3. Dealer had 80 of them in stock. I will wait a few weeks to see if rebates come out, or if dealer is willing to do better on my trade. Right now, dealer is sticking close to sticker and wholesale on my Bravada. Was looking at a Envoy, ( there is also alot of them on the dealers lot) but there just isn't anything on the market to compare with the looks of a H3. It is just TOUGH looking and I was very impressed with the drive. Dealer says parts are now avail. if I have a problem. Anyone finding dealers willing to deal? I'm in Minnesota.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Hey all,

I need some help w/ pricing. Looking to get a new H3 w/ luxury package and automatic transmission. What are dealers asking for in regards to the H3 in general? MSRP, a little off sticker, invoice, invoice +....??? What is a good starting point to negotiate? Finally, has anyone had any positive buying experiences in Florida? Any help would sincerely be appreciated.
    Check out the True Market Value while waiting for responses in here.

Try an Advanced Search here for "out the door" pricing too (the link is in the left sidebar).

Steve, Host
    Seems H3 demand is high enough in many areas that dealers can hold their price line. Always happens with the intro of a hot model. As their inventories build, they'll probably loosen up. A couple weeks ago someone posted about dealers charging over MSRP on H3s. The only issue is production since H3 is supposedly to be built in limited numbers (50K/yr?), and that could keep demand ahead of inventories. There's also the issue of guessing how to equip them before there's any history. I think some dealers regret loading up on luxury units without the offroad pkg.

Here in SoCA, they are dealing. I paid about 10% under sticker. You could also look into the GMID program that gets you a discounted price if you can link up with a GM employee.

BTW, we just took a 2000 mile trip including a lot of trail use and the H3 was superb on the road and on the rocks.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    dwpc,

Thanks for the response. I have been looking at dealer inventories at all 8 Hummer dealerships in Florida. It seems like the average number of H3's on the lot are around 50!! Can you believe that? I know you folks over in SoCal get some awesome deals, at least when I was purchasing my other car and lurking othre Forums, the buyers in SoCal were getting some great deals. I got a couple of quotes back. Here is some of the quotes received thus far:
    H3 w/ Luxury Package & Automatic- OTD 33,493.35
    H3 w/ Luxury PAckage, Auto, Chrome Tubes & Appearance Package, Cargo Cover, XM and Trailer Hitch- OTD 37,307.33
    One dealer said he would take 1000.00 off MSRP any H3 I choose.
    Glad to hear about the positive experience w/ your H on the trip. ;)
    Glad to hear you like your H3. Do you have stick or Auto? How"s the gas mileage? How many miles have you on it so far and any problems? Thanks
    Dick
    Forgot to mention today I got more serious and test drove the H3, Jeep Commander and Enovy. H3 won hands down. Commander came in second. Enovy just came in. All price around $30-35,000. All 18-20 mpg. H3 priced out right at sticker with no discount. Dealer has 80 + on his lot and knows he has a sweet tough item and doesn't have to give it away. Commander has a $1500 rebate and a $500 vets rebate. Envoy has tons of rebates and dealer still has 4 2004 NEW on his lot and lots of NEW 05s. Seems like the Envoy just doesn't sell well even with employee discounts. I've been a Jeep man since 1985 and have a 04 Rubicon that will be with me until death do us part, but think I'll soon be parking a H3 next to it in the garage if my wife will part with her Bravada.
  • rogerv1rogerv1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody have any information on the Hummer 3 for 2007? I am interested in seeing if they are going to upgrade the motor at all. I really want a hummer 3, but I would like to see them upgrade the motor to over 300 H.P.
  • rogerv1rogerv1 Member Posts: 2
    IF GM doesn't plan to update the motor in 2007, does anybody have information on increasing the horse power for the H3. :D
    About 2500 miles so far. Automatic. Mileage has been mid-teens, but thats mostly in-town traffic or at 70+. We do little "optimal mileage" driving, i.e., 55-65 mph freeway miles. No problems at all. No rattles or squeeks, either, even after a lot of trail use.
    Fairly good gossip says 2007 should have about 20 more hp than 2006. Will still be much less than 300.

Why do you want so much hp? I'm perfectly happy with mine as is. If I wanted something to do stoplight racing I wouldn't have gotten the H3. Seems to be a good balance between speed, low end power, and economy.

Plenty of other car-based SUV's with more hp, and the hemi Grand Cherokee is pretty nice, but the H3 is hands down the coolest choice.

Good luck.
  • 2fastdre2fastdre Member Posts: 59
    Yep - motortrend website future section shows GM testing an upgraded 3.7L I-5 Vortec that will become the new base engine! They are guessing that the 3.7L will be good enough for 245 hp. GM is also considering a performance (Alpha) version for the H3. It's anybody's guess about the Alpha engine, but there are rumors about the I-6 Vortec, a turbo 3.5L I-5 Vortec, or (my hope) a TurboDiesel engines.

I am also waiting for more power in H3. It's not for racing at stop lights. It's for towing a 4000 lb boat trailer in the Rocky Mountains. I need at least 250 hp / 270 ft-lbs to keep up with the slow traffic up mountain passes.

2FastDre.

2FastDre.
  • grc4grc4 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Everyone:

I just purchase a new H3 on Saturday and I'm having a blast. I got 600 miles on it already and want to change the Oil at a 1,000 miles. Has anyone used Mobil One 5W-30 in your engine? Is it worth it or just a sales pitch? I called Hummer today and they would not recommend the Oil. He said as long as it met GM 6094M Standard (which it does), it is ok for the engine. Input anyone?

Roger
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Congratulations! You may be interested in this discussion: Engine Oil - A slippery subject Part 2

tidester, host
    But not until 2008.

Hummer and Chevy to Add Engine Choices, Including Diesel (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • heavydheavyd Member Posts: 6
    I live in Southern California and looking to buy a H3 soon with Luxury package/automatic and several accessories. Has anyone purchased 1 recently in Socal and can recommend any dealer/saleman? And what pricing should I expect? I plan to soup up H3 with lots of accessories so is it a good idea to buy them straight from the dealer or better to get them aftermarket?

Thanks!