Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

Comments

• tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Either the tire shop didn't take out the TPM sensors from your stock wheels and installed them in your 22" wheels, or they did and just didn't reprogram them.
  • notablokenotabloke Member Posts: 1
    First let me say that this is our most favorite vehicle we have ever owned and we will buy another one!
    Having said that, here is the history of the vehicle...
    Previous owner purchased it in late 2003 after vehicle was used by pro golf tournament. The vehicle was in the dealership service shop for 2 weeks during the first year. The radio (wouldn't come on until a button was pushed or the radio was turned off) seemed to be a recurring problem as did the key fob memory recall feature (it's memory would fail).

We purchased the vehicle after 1 year at 17500 miles. We now have 35900 on it.

We have had it in the service shop to have the radio replaced 3 times for the radio mentioned above and now the auto volume button won't stay on (our service guy advised us this is a known problem by GM but no fix as of yet);
    the key fob memory problem (also a known problem by GM with the fix being reprogramming) continued to be an issue until the vehicle suddenly began to vibrate and wanted to stall out as soon as I had to come to a stop at a light. A service light was mindlessly blinking at me as well. I managed to keep the vehicle running by giving it gas but once I drove into my driveway it died. The service advisor called and told us the computer "brain" that runs the vehicle was faulty. Once that was replaced our key fob memory problem never reared its ugly little head again; we have had several steering components lubed and or replaced and it is in the shop again for this issue; we have had the center console replaced; we had all the plugs holding in the ceiling fall out and those replaced; we have an odd thumping and surging coming from the heater system which they thought had been resolved but it's in the shop again; the sunroof rattles horribly and has been worked to a mild irritant; as well as some other issues I can't remember right now. We dropped it off last night (3rd time in 2 weeks) to have some of the issues mentioned resolved, expecting to receive a phone call sometime today that it was ready to pick up or would be ready tomorrow, but instead we got a phone call stating the service technician had backed it into the service garage wall and damaged the tail light as well as the rear end paint. They would send it out to the body shop to have that repaired and order a taillight as well as work the other issues and hopefully get that back to us later this week. Don't get me wrong, this dealership has been top notch from purchase to wrecking my "Nali" and when we do purchase another one we will go back to them.

My questions:
    has anyone else had an experience like this?
    Has anyone else had the service shop cause damage to their vehicle?
    What does that do to the resale value?
    Do we now have the upper hand with the dealership to trade this trouble maker in?
    What is the dealer required to do when they damage our vehicle? Simply fix it? I'd think they'd want to keep us happy...
    When can we claim the vehicle is a lemon in Colorado? What constitutes a "lemon"?
    We appreciate any thoughts and advice you might have!
    Thanks
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    1-Yes
    2-Yes, after body shop completed repairs, could not tell where it was hit.
    3-Depending on how it was repaired, how it looks, there should be no problem on resale.
    4-Don't think you will have the upper hand on the dealership because of the problems you are encountering unless you purchased from this dealer which it seems you didn't
    5-The dealer is obligated to fix whatever it is that they damaged. Unless there was poor workmanship what more would you expect if you had gotten into an accident on your own? Your insurance company would have your vehicle repaired to your satisfaction, nothing more.
    6-You need to check the lemon law as it pertains to Colorado as each state is different. I highly doubt it would qualify based on the mileage and the type of problems. To qualify for the lemon law most states require that the vehicle be repaired three times for the same problem with no resolution and/or 30 days (working days) in the dealer for repairs in a year.

I've purchased several Denalis through the same dealership working with the GSM. No problems with the service or sales department.

By the time you read this you will probably be out of warranty at 36k miles. If these problems had occured earlier, you could have requested a buyback through the BBB. Of course, GM would not rollover and buyback your vehicle. They have been known to give 5/100 Majorguard extended warranties valued at about $2500 to keep some owners "happy".
  • mairemaire Member Posts: 1
    DID YOU REPLACE TRANS AND DIFF BEARINGS? DID YOU GET HELP FROM GM ZONE? I HAVE 55000 MILES AND HEAR SAME PROBLEM YOU HAVE HAD
  • cdrob1cdrob1 Member Posts: 1
    I think I had a similar problem at about 31.5K miles... My service order states "whine/growling sound when braking and or turning" They had to replace the power steering pump on mine. I remember that I didn't automatically relate it to a steering thing, but that fixed it. I also had a clunking problem when turning (after I was out of warranty) and some power steering fluid leaking. It turned out to be the steering gear and they replaced it... through GM Customer Care warranty, after a bit of complaining and holding firm.

I hope this helps.
  • bgarvbgarv Member Posts: 3
    I had a similar problem as mentioned in my previous post. The Torque Converter did not fix the problem and after an extensive process of elimination (swapping part from on Tahoe to another) they found the cause :) . The noise was coming from the transfer case. A retaining clip had broken off inside the transfer case and was causing a rattling, resonating, moan, growl or vibration through the whole drive shaft. It does sound a lot like a heat shied rattle. This noise occurred since the truck was new so I am not sure if it was a design flaw or a faulty part but they finally did find in after alot of analysis.
  • nicoleandalnicoleandal Member Posts: 1
    We recently purchased a 2006 Yukon Denali. We absolutely love the truck, but the one thing we questioned before the purchase and are watching is the front seats. A co-worker has the same truck and the leather on his seats are cracked and torn, just from normal wear. You can actually see the netting underneath the leather. We do notice that the leather on our seats is worked, the way leather gets, be it a seat or a coat. Our other car has a heavy leather seat, so the creasing is not as noticeable and you know it will never tear. Has anyone experienced this problem with the leather tearing? Is there something that can be purchased to protect the seats against this happening?
  • ffultonffulton Member Posts: 1
    I have an 01 Denali with 123k on it now, have had it since new. It's been a phenominal ride. Sure, like any new model, it's had it's fair share of problems, all of which were addressed and fixed by my selling dealer; Capital Cadillac of MD. I have since moved to Tampa Florida burbs' and have traveled to N.VA quite a bit in the past few months. On my last trip, I thought I hit something in the road so I immediately pulled off to check for a flat. None found & air pressure was fine. My truck was all over the road for the remainder of the trip. Once home, I had the alignment checked & off a minor degree, this helped, yet there was a slip in the steering wheel just off center as if the steering wheel was loose. I was advised that my gearbox was adjustable so we gave it a shot. No help.. So I replaced the Gearbox, the Pitman arm and the Idler arm. The control arms were replaced at 110k. It drives considerably better yet still follows the road. I had the alignment re-checked post repair & again minor adjustments were done. Tires are factory Michelin Cross-Terrain with approx 43k on them now, yet still have fair tread and have been cross rotated. I'm not sure whether to replace tires or begin looking into replacing the struts. Any good advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • scrtcellscrtcell Member Posts: 1
    how do you get to the diagnostic mode on the nav unit i have an 04 denali and i have had my instrument cluster replaced 3 times and the same problem reading speed then reading zero and then sporadic and now my tachometer reads zero occasionally i have recently contacted GM and they have yet to give me an answer except it will cost me 440.00 dollars.
  • shaveshave Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased an 02 denali with 66k on it. It has that low idle at 500 or so. I was wondering if you could briefly walk me through the throttle body fix. Thanks for your time.
  • boga228boga228 Member Posts: 50
    thier is no filter on Denali's, only 5.3 motor
  • slawter21slawter21 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem as many others with the peeling center console. Dealer wanted $216. for the small piece at the top with the storage unit and lighter in it. I thought that cost was ridiculous. Somewhere in this forum I noticed a link to some kind of repair kit on ebay. When I tried to check on it it was no longer there. Does any one know what this kit is and where I can purchase it.
  • psdenalipsdenali Member Posts: 6
    Replying to: psdenali (Dec 20, 2005 12:24 am)
    FINAL SAGA ON MY 2003 YUKON DENALI WITH 23,000 MILES.
    The whining noise turned out to be the replacement power steering pump which the dealer has now refused to replace. I had the resv fluid checked to find DIRTY BLACK unchanged fluid in a supposedly new replacement pump. Obviously the mechanic did a quickie pump change without flushing the system and the contaminated fluid scored the new bearing vanes in the pump. I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!
    On their- refusal (as said to me by my advisor) to repair my vehicle- The dealership has breached the manufacturers warranty contract with me and hence I have now forwarded my RO history to my California Lemon Law Attorney (with a previous proven track record) to sue GM and buy back this Lemon.
    I believe the dealership JESSUP AUTO PLAZA. to be the primary reason to why my vehicle is a lemon. They have Service advisors that provide customers lip service they can't back up and mechanics that are incompetent,only interested in slamming a job as fast as they can to move onto the next one to do the same.. doubling their commissions blowing off any quality of the service. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AMERICAN MADE VEHICLE UNTIL THEY CHANGE THEIR MENTALITY AND CAN MATCH THE QUALITY AND RELIABILITY OF FOREIGN MADE VEHICLES THAT ARE BACKED UP WITH GREAT WARRANTIES AND SERVICE THAT PUTS THE CUSTOMER FIRST. THATS CALLED SERVICING THE CUSTOMER.... Good Luck!!!!
    With all the GMC dealers around, why continue to return to a dealership that provides the type of service you describe? Any GMC dealer can service your Denali under factory warranty. Some will even correct the other dealers error ;)
  • fundadfundad Member Posts: 27
    2002 Denali XL with steering wheel radio controls. Lights are out on one side. How do you get the cover off the back of the steering wheel to replace the bulbs?
    TIA.
    King Craig
  • lounlondalounlonda Member Posts: 2
    I BOUGHT MY DENALI BRAND NEW I HAVE ABOUT 60K MILES. FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS I HAVE BEGUN TO NOTICE THAT EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT IT STALLS. IT IS LIKE I WILL TAKE OFF AND WHILE IM PRESSEING THE GAS IT WILL NOT RESPOND, ABOUT 3-5 SECONDS WILL PAST AND THEN I CAN RESUME DRIVING. WHILE ITS IN THE STATE WHERE ITS NOT RESPONDING TO THE ACCELERATION, IM NOTICING A CLUNKING NOISE FROM UNDER THE HOOD ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE.
  • lounlondalounlonda Member Posts: 2
    MY AIRRIDE SUSPENSION DOESN'T WORK AT ALL WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I hope someone can help but I'd advise that you turn off your CAPS LOCK. People tend to ignore messages typed in ALL CAPS.

tidester, host
    The following works only if you have the pre-'07 factory touchscreen nav--press and release the "Nav Rpt" button, then immediately (i.e., don't wait more than a second or two) press and hold the "Config" button until the diag screen appears (typically takes around 10 seconds). Once the diag screen appears, press any of the softkeys at your own risk... ;)

$440??? Is that just to repair the cluster, or to replace it? In either case, you'd be better off ordering an Escalade Platinum instrument cluster from a GM/Delphi-authorized odometer repair facility (SOT Electronics is one place that comes to mind); it looks much better than the Denali cluster, plus it won't cost you anywhere near $400--depending on where you're located, you're probably looking at around $300 shipped. I assume that if they're telling you that it'll cost $440, your vehicle is probably out of factory warranty?
  • doglesdogles Member Posts: 1
    I took my 2003 Yukon to the dealer for a check engine light. They determined that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. Upon replacement, the dionogistic code showed contaminated fuel, apparently metal from the fuel pump had gotten into the gas. Of course, it was a full tank. I have an extended warranty but it won't cover the lost gas. My question is. How could the fuel pump be broken and the truck still run. I'm thinking that they broke the pump removing it and should replace the gas. Any thoughts?
  • wcbtkwcbtk Member Posts: 2
    I have a 04 DXL and have the same problem with the surge coming from the heating system. The surge is occurring only on the front passenger side. I took it to the dealer 2X and they said that it was acting normal. The problem still exists but only when the heat is on. No surge when the AC is used. Has anyone been able to determine what is causing this surge to occur??

The rear heater starting blowing cold all the time. I took it back to the dealer and the dealer said there was a bulliten and it was covered under warranty. So that is fixed.

My latest problem is the speedometer. I hit the gas and it went to 120mph. When at idle it sits around 70mph. I took it to the dealer and they have ordered a new cluster guage. Should have that in within 2-3 days.
  • coachman99coachman99 Member Posts: 5
    We just got the 06 Denali in December, only 6K miles on it now. Going to SD the 15th may. Seats begining to show wear on Driver getting in and out. Seem very thin. Will let you know more later. Otherwise has been a beautiful vehicle on the trips.
    Chas
    Unfortunately this is nothing new on the '01-'06 GM fullsize SUVs w/ leather seating surfaces...I have the same issue on my '04 DXL. I think the issue is that the only parts of the front seats that are leather are where you plop your butt and the lower/mid-back area. Unless the leather in these areas of your seat are also showing signs of wear, you'll find that the part of the seat that typically shows the most wear are the sides of the seat where your thighs rest. Assuming your local dealer doesn't give you the "We won't replace it 'cuz it's normal" schtick, I'd wait until your factory warranty is about to expire before having the seat covers replaced...unless of course they're already worn out to the point that they have to be replaced now...since odds are that the replacement covers will eventually do the same thing.
  • nelsoranelsora Member Posts: 3
    My question is I have this leak in the front end, so far its been very small, but I placed some cardboard under the front and its coming from the center axle hub towards the driver side wheel. For the life of me I can't see it anywhere. it feels like gearlube not oil. and now that the days are getting warmer I see its happening alot more, but still can't physically see it. Any clues ?
  • slfslf Member Posts: 1
    My fog lights stay on after I turn off the engine and exit. I have punched every button I can find. Sorry to barge in, but I liked your attitude and I need a quick answer. Short of an immediate answer, is there a place on line to read an owners manual?
  • neo6neo6 Member Posts: 24
    I have a 06 Denali XL with less than 2K miles. About two weeks after I took delivery, it started a high pitch hum that occurs either stationary or moving. The volume of the sound increases with more RPM. It is not from the audio as it happens with either A/C or radio shut off. Took it back to the dealer and of course - "technician cannot duplicate the problem". Any ideas? Amazing how the customer service level at GM goes to zero after you walk off the floor with a $55K vehicle..
  • jimwreyjimwrey Member Posts: 3
    Yes, $440 is just to repair. I have heard of them being replaced 2 to 3 times ... I would give up after one.

:lemon:
  • dmyer3dmyer3 Member Posts: 17
    coachman,
    I had the same problem with my '04 avalanche. dealer replace it under warranty.
  • jimwreyjimwrey Member Posts: 3
    I am guessing your is under warranty.

I was told they needed the truck for 10 days and it would cost $440. The next answer floored me. They said they had done this 3 or more times for two of their customers!!!!! :sick:

The next thing that happens with the cluster is it will surge and then drop off to zero or 5 to 10 mph all of the time.
  • goodawggoodawg Member Posts: 1
    I have two 2005 Denalis. Mine is driven the most, and has about 34,000 miles on the car. In the year and a half that I have owned it, I have replaced 4 headlights (since last summer), a brake light (recent) and the day after the brake light was fixed, I was stopped by a fellow driver who told me now the tail light was out. The bulbs seem to be blown with more frequency lately. GMC says they can't find any problem with the wiring. The GMC replacement bulbs they put in were weaker then the Sylvania Silver stars that we had been replacing the original bulbs with. We had been replacing them ourselves because we are too busy to leave the car at the dealer all day for a bulb replacement. This just doesn't seem normal, even though different bulbs were used than GM. Thanks in advance . . .
    Seems their quality is somewhat suspect. Went though 3 sets on my foglights on a '00 Silverado and 1 set on my '02 Denali before putting the stock ones back in.

Odd thing the headlights on the Denali still work after two years with the Silverstars as well as the headlights on my '05 Titan. However, the ones on my '00 Maxima went out at the same time within 3 months. I've emailed and had them replaced by Sylvania but they kept blowing with them having no clue why.
  • dustntimedustntime Member Posts: 1
    Saw your post. I have a 2005 Denali and am now hearing a resonance/rattle at the second and third gear shift points. Dealer says it is the heat shield. The sound only occurs at the shift points.

Was your problem at the rear transfer case?
    Thanks.
  • kevinlrileykevinlriley Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Yukon Denali with under 10K miles. It has now been in the dealer's shop for 1 out of the 10 months we have owned it. Original problems were a whistling/light horn sound while accelerating between 30-50 mph and vehicle stalling several times. Tech claimed the stalling was fixed by reprogramming computer and the whistling sound could not be duplicated. We just took the vehicle back and they have had it for over 3 weeks now. They found Document ID#1580607 which states the noise is a normal noise characteristic caused by an airflow disturbance as air contacts the unused IAC passage. Nice way for GM to cover itself--normal noise on a $50K vehicle? This is only on vehicles with an electronic throttle body. GM Rep claimed there was nothing that could be done and GM would probably never come up with a fix for this (it has existed since 2001 on GM vehicles). The other more severe problem is stalling. Picked the vehicle up today and pulled out of the parking lot and the vehicle stalled twice within 3 miles. Took the vehicle back to the dealership, had the Service Rep ride and the vehicle stalled before we got out of the parking lot. Left it there for the tech to examine and for the GM rep to view. Has anyone had this same problem? If so, what can be done to fix? Has anyone gone to arbitration or heard of GM buying back vehicles, i.e. LEMONS?? GM has deep pockets and I do not want to have to take this to court, but vehicle is dangerous and the entire situation is frustrating. :lemon: ">
  • spencer11spencer11 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 02 Denali that came with heated power mirrors. I want to upgrade to the mirror with the LED signal in the mirror? The dealer said if it did not come factory I can't upgrade?? They say the Denali needs a computer to control the LED signal??? They would not install on my vehicle! Has anyone upgraded to LED Mirrors??? Do you need a computer to control the LEDs????
  • waitingonyukonwaitingonyukon Member Posts: 28
    Did you ever find an answer to this? I have one side out also on my 2001.
  • caliboycaliboy Member Posts: 1
    I am having problems shifting my truck out of park. It seems the problems arise after it sits for a while after I have been at work all day or first thing in the morning. Please advise..Anyone?? :confuse:
  • bogeybwbogeybw Member Posts: 1
    i have an 02 denali like alot of people im have a problem with the service ride control light i have replaced the sensors and the shocks at a great cost the light still will not shut ff any ideas other than the dealership
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    I just purchased a 2006 Yukon Denali XL with the 20" Chrome wheels. For the first time, I just cleaned the wheels and applied Turtle Wax Chrome Polish on the wheels. Once I let it dry, I cleaned them off only to find some streaks on two of the wheels. I tried everything to get it off but nothing worked.

I read in the manual and while it didn't specifically mention chrome wheels, it did say it was alright to use Chrome polish on chrome.

I also read that these factory-installed wheels are Chrome Aluminum. Does this make a difference? Is it that the wheel itself is aluminum with a chrome finish? Why did this happen?
  • naligirlnaligirl Member Posts: 9
    GM is buying back my vehicle. In fact, my 07 Denali is on the way to the dealer from the factory. If they agree to buy back your vehichle, they will charge you usage and difference in MSRP of new vehicle and MSRP of current vehicle. They will also allow you to buy any GM product. It doesn't have to be the same type of car you have now. The wait has been long though. They can't start the buy back paperwork until there is an order number. Due to constraints on nav and camera, I've waited a long time to see my new one built (and an order number issued). Now, even if the car is on the lot next week, it could be weeks more before GM gets the paperwork done for the deal. I will say though, they have been wonderful to me. They have made getting out of my troubled car very pleasant and have stood up professionally and in my interest. I commend them.
  • kevinlrileykevinlriley Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your feedback. We have met with the area rep for GM and he has stated there is nothing he can do at this time because GM recognizes the whistling noise as a normal sound. What was wrong with your vehicle? What did you do to get the good reaction from GM?
  • naligirlnaligirl Member Posts: 9
    In my case, the problems ran the gambit (electronics, water pump, stability system, etc). I was literally in there all the time. One day I ran into the dealer VP (who I've come to know well through the problems) and the GM Rep. I was introduced and then told him my story. He then went out to the service department and had my vehicle history printed out (substantial pile of paper). From there, he turned it over the his GM counterpart on the service side. Service actually handles this type of situation. A couple of weeks later, I received a call from the GM Service Rep who had by then reviewed my paperwork. He quickly came to his own conclusion about what I've named the "demon vechicle". We talked about what I wanted to do and worked together to get to this point. I have been very impressed with them in this situation and can't imagine owning anything other than a GM. I had three Yukons before my current and never had a single problem with them. This vehicle is very unique in my experience.
  • coachman99coachman99 Member Posts: 5
    Drove it to Rapid city,SD and experienced Whining noise near the city. Had a travel trailer in tow, so went on to the camp ground and parked it. Went to dealer and told them it was trash, they took down the front Differential and sure neough it was trash. Four days later with rental car supplied to us, We had a new front end and no problems on way back home. Love the car and the NAV computer.
    coachman :)
  • kids123kids123 Member Posts: 1
    I have been to arbitration with GM over a Yukon XL. Our truck was at the dealers for repair more than 40 TIMES in our first year of owning it. We had MANY ISSUES (I can go into this at another time, if you want all the gory details)...Are you ready for this? We LOST. Why? Because "IT DID NOT LEAVE US STRANDED". In other words, we were always "ABLE TO RESTART" the vehicle....AUGH!!! They did offer an extended warranty at the suggestion of the arbitrator, but we'd purchased one already...so they reimbursed us for just that amount. We should have taken the lost then and gotten something else. We are now on our 5th TRANSMISSION which is why I got on this site...to see it was only the 2000's or if the newer ones have TRANNY problems too.

My advice...DOCUMENT EVERYTHING...contact a lemon-law lawyer for advice! FORGET ARBITRATION!!! I wish you the best...I TOTALLY understand your frustration. The ONLY reason we got this vehicle is so we can tow a couple times a year (jet skiis) on vacation. This truck has broken down on 3 of our 5 vacations!!!
  • as3692as3692 Member Posts: 1
    I have 2002 Denali XL I currently have 46000 miles, I've had transmission problems for over a year. I have always taken the truck back to the dealership for service. Last August the dealership installed a carrier assembly (complete) Front Differential and said that would take care of the "Transmission Slipping/Roaring Noise" that I had taken it in for mult. times Most of the time they could not duplicate the noise or the JERK. My truck doesn't JERK often, so I can't duplicate for the dealership. The mileage at that service was 36740. I taking it back to the dealership today. I was hoping to keep this truck for a long time, great ride and very comfortable. I bought the extended warranty because of a noise I heard right before the 36000 mark, which has paid for itself with the Differential replacement. Which never fixed the truck. Any advice???
    Probably a totally off-the-wall guess on my part, but maybe it might be a torque converter (or some component that affects it) issue?
  • jjvalenjjvalen Member Posts: 3
    i replaced the fuelpump on my 2000 yukon slt was whining so loud, it stopped the noise for about 4 months and it started back, a few months later was walking out to my yukon admiring a 2006 avalanche next to it in the parking lot and low an behold the brand new avalanche was making the same high pitched hum go figure. i thought well maybe they are supposed to do that. lol
  • jjvalenjjvalen Member Posts: 3
    i have been trying to find out which sensor i need. on my 2000 yukon sl, it is stalling out a little, not all the time and died at a stop sign on me, and once while backing out of my drive way and someone said it needs an oxygen sensor, i have looked at them online, i just need to know which one goes where, by the engine or fueltank or converter, some have 1 tail, then 2,3,and finally 4. it looks so simple to put on and they are not expensive, just need to find out which one i need. :confuse:
  • fishdaddy5fishdaddy5 Member Posts: 2
    I just had both of mine replaced; they went out at 59,000 miles within 8 hours of each other. These bulbs burn hot and have a short life, but not as short as you are experiencing...there is definitely a problem with your vehicles lights.
  • fishdaddy5fishdaddy5 Member Posts: 2
    I have been the owner of a 2003 & 2005 Yukon XL Denali and have had many problems with them both, some identical others just workmanship. The intent of this post is to caution all who own or consider owning.

Both vehicles had the transmission and front transaxel replaced at 24k and 30k miles. It took over a week each time. 2003 vehicle had problems with the sun roof leaking which damaged all the electrical components in the dash includeing the XM radio and 6 disc changer. Took months to get it repaired properly. Both vehicles wear considerably in the dash area - the coatings on the doors of drink holder lid, dash compartments and center console all scratch easily and peel off. The white lettering comes off the steering wheel and radio buttons within 50K miles of use. The DVD-R they sold me with the car was 2 years outdated and they wouldn't offer me a free upgrade; very disappointing.

2003 Vehicle had the back seat radio control station replaced at 44K miles and cost $360. It had the transmission replaced a second time at 63,000 miles. The drivers seat motor failed and had to be replaced. I got tired of being in the shop and having an intimate relationship with service so finally traded it for a 2005 thinking that I had a lemon and sacrificed $15K plus my $7500 down payment to get in a new one.

I get the 2005 and quickly has passenger side rear wheel bearing go bad at 3000 miles - never had that happen ever. The the transmission goes at 24k miles in for a week. They fixed it then 3 weeks later I lost 2nd gear and back in the shop for a week. Have problems with stabilization system about 14K and have it in the shop 2 days. At 28K miles I have problems with tire air systems not showing air in the tires or two low. Go to Nitrogen fill...now I can't keep air/nitro in the tires at all. AC just went bad at 55k miles and been in the shop more than 4 times finally they are replacing the vent relay that moves cold and hot air on the drivers side.

Do not buy a Yukon XL Denali; GMC does not care about their customers time nor are they considerate about the value of the customers purchase. I owned 3 Chevy Suburban's before the GMC's and never had a significant problem in over 140,000 miles on each one; batteries, brakes, tires and alternator.
  • jacyndaearljacyndaearl Member Posts: 7
    Can someone tell me what the stuff they fixed the paint on their console with? The ebay link has expired. Thanks.