Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• gorphilgorphil Member Posts: 27
    Both roof molding on my 2008 Allure are loose at each end where they meet the windshield and rear window. These are the moldings that fill in the cavern where the roof and side panels are welded together.

My dealers service department said they could glue them down; however, there must be a more professional way to correct this assembly defect.

GM Canada was of no help.

Is there anyone out there that has a solution?
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    I'm pretty sure they are held on with two sided tape from the factory. Seems like glueing them on would be a good way tofix.
  • gorphilgorphil Member Posts: 27
    Recently, I noticed the instrument panel is mounted too high (about 1/8 inch) on the drivers side relative to the door trim. I noticed the same defect on two or three other cars I examined. The right side is perfect.

Perhaps 62vetteefp would know if this can be easily corrected? A service bulletin number would be great.

Thanks
    Gordon, Toronto
    Dropping the IP would be sure hell and no one would attempt it. 1/8" is actually not that bad. BUT, someone may try and lift the door trim slightly if you really wanted to do that. Is the door on the outside OK or is it slightly dropped from the fender in the front. Not sure if an adjustment there would do it also.
  • peterismepeterisme Member Posts: 68

后视镜贴的钻钻和我最- 最爱的HELLOKI- TTY西西^_^

C计划图片(已完- 成)

5月28日车车已经从&#289- 00;房出来了,正在安装玻&#29- 827;和内饰

下面是我最喜欢的- 引擎盖,实物真的是超&#32423- ;漂亮的喜欢死了呢,好&#2148- 7;爱,我想在高速上如果&#243- 20;引擎盖修车的话可能&#202- 50;引起交通事故吧.嘿嘿^_^

5月30日手机拍&#30340- ;我家欧欧,明天就去&#19978- ;身份了明天还要改轮&#27586- ;和换扁平轮胎大号的

下面是操控台的钻- 钻细节以及后视镜上的- 贴钻

新赔付的大灯之前- 的有点松了

D计划图片(已完成&#6530- 2;月4日图片更新)

我和哥哥的车车合- 照

车尾的细节限量的- HELLOKITTY- 车标,做工很细致是正- 版货,颜色也很闪,另- 外candy是我的英文名车子&#3- 0340;拉花还在寻找中......

下面是轮胎和轮毂- ,米齐林的扁胎胎,换- 的比原车大的轮毂了,- 所以胎要换成扁的咯,- 真闪真好看

我最爱的HELLOK- ITTY

杯架,太阳能摇摇- 乐,日本限定草莓熊的- KITTY,帽子可以- 拿下来,超可爱~

• hitman1970hitman1970 Member Posts: 33
    Check out this five minute clip from GM Performance Division on the 2008 Buick LaCrosse Super.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBx4h1rDjwo
    http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2010-buick-lacrosse-304363.php

New Epsilon II chassis version on the way. Product to begin in early 2009. Looks promising.
    http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19618

Things to come inside the next generation LaCrosse/Regal. Sweet. :)
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/26/in-the-autoblog-garage-2008-buick-lacrosse-su- per/

With all these things on our mind, we found the LaCrosse Super to be a vastly different vehicle from the base LaCrosse, and were pleasantly surprised at what the Super brought to the road. The performance gurus took a pillow-soft platform and made it stiff and compliant by using much stiffer Bilsteing monotube struts. Steering was also tweaked, and the brakes were up-sized. The result is a Buick that can not only hit 60 in 5.7 seconds, but can also hit a turn at speed without feeling like it's going to tip. The Super is one of those vehicles that makes you think you're not going as fast as you are, so we had to really watch the speedometer while accelerating and cruising on the freeway. The LaCrosse Super's steering is also far more weighted and precise than what we're used to in a Buick, and coupled with four pinned-down wheels, this sedan was both more fun to drive and more luxurious than the V8-powered Impala SS we drove a year ago.

The engineers that put the Super in the LaCrosse deserve a small round of applause for what they did here, as it represents a great deal of fun and amenities for a relative bargain. GM intends to only make as many LaCrosse Supers as people will want, and 10% of overall sales tends to be the magic number. Even though the base LaCrosse can be had with an improved 3.6L V6, our V8-powered Super with a $33,750 price tag is the only LaCrosse that we'd consider. For shoppers looking at a Mercury Sable, Toyota Avalon, or Chrysler 300C, the LaCrosse Super is definitely worth a passing glance.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Member Posts: 872
    I've run across a used 2005 LaCrosse CXS with @ 37k miles on it, that I'm considering to replace my 2000 Impala. Since the CXS has the 3.6l engine (and not the 3.8 that I'm very familiar with), I just wondered if anyone had any anecdotal info (good or bad) on the 3.6l engine to pass along - reliability, fuel economy, etc. I also realize 2005 was the first year of the LaCrosse, so if there are any year one bugs to look out for that'd be worth knowing too (though my 2000 Impala was also a first-year design, and it's been relatively trouble free).

This particular car was built in March of 2005, if that matters.
  • lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87
    I purchased my '05 LaCrosse CXS slightly used in July 05. Problems: rainwater leak on passenger side, soaked the footwell; after three trips to the dealer, finally resolved; bad seam in the body frame bar was the cause; power sun roof stopped working; dealer replaced motor; cruise control was not working at all; I pulled the fuse and replaced (the same fuse) and problem corrected; Conclusion: after all this stuff was fixed/repaired, I am thoroughly satisfied with the vehicle. The "stabilitrak" system is impressive; it has kicked in a few times in the snow/rain. Very roomy driver and passenger areas and rides very comfortably on long trips. Final assembly was done in Oshawa, Ontario (if that helps). The OnStar is a nice perk; my wife drives on long trips solo; nice to know that help is just a button away; the phone works in locations cell phones do not have reception.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Member Posts: 872
    Do you keep track of your gas mileage, and if so can you give me an idea of what your best/worst tank-full has been in terms of MPG?
    I have a 2006 LaCrosse CXS. I love this car. I have averaged just under 21 MPG combined for the 16,600 miles I have put on the car so far. I have had zero problems with this vehicle. I have only two complaints. I find the paint to be a bit soft. Also, I wish I had an aux input for the audio system as I have finally gotten into the 21st century with respect to music with a Zune/MP3 player this year. I love the XM radio. I have the Harmon Kadon sound system with a six disc changer. No issues with my sunroof. Fog lights are nice and bright. Seats are comfortable on long road trips. Seat heaters rock on cold mornings.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    It is unfortunate - but the lack of an AUX input or failing that, an old-fashioned cassett deck is the sole reason that I will not even consider an '08 LaCrosse. Have had a 5G IPod for several years, and as a salesman it is a big help during long drives.
    Yeah it is a shame on the Aux input. I finally bought the Zune and some Bose QC2 headphones to keep my sanity as my job is now requiring lots of airline travel for business.

I have high expections for the Epsilon II LaCrosse coming out in 2009/2010. I am expecting to replace this car with another Buick if it continues to meet my expectations.
    The reason the LaCrosse has no aux is it was out before the boom in iPod type radios. The radio used in GM cars back in '05 did not have an aux input while the new GM family radio brought out in '06 or so did.

So, unfrotunately we will probably not see the aux (new radio does not fit in old LaCrosse hole and adding aux woudl be cost prohibitive) until next year with the new Eps II LaCrosse.
    That is ok with me. I am pretty disciplined about holding onto my vehicles for a set amount of time before trade in (six years). EP II LaCrosse will probably have been through one Mid Cycle Enhancement before I make my next purchase. I have been very happy with XM between the 80s/Big Tracks/ Lucy channels.
    Love the XM. In fact I have no real desire to buy an ipod due to having XM in my house and cars. I am able to play music off my palm pilot but rarely seem to do that since I seem to be in positions where I listen to XM.
  • tod124tod124 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my 2006 LaCrosse CX for about a year now and love it. I bought it used in October of 2006 w/only around 13k on it. I recently had an oil change on it, but the check oil light has been coming on. I checked the oil several times and the level was fine and the oil quality appeared to be good. Anybody know anything about this? I don't think it has that oil life indicator like the CXS does...but not sure.
    Does have oil life indicator.
  • tod124tod124 Member Posts: 2
    I finally found the info in the manual. If you don't have the oil life indicator dealio on your dash/console, you have to perform the reset manually. Turn the ignition to run (but don't start) and pump the gas pedal I believe 5 times (don't quote me on this exact amount), then start it up. This should reset the oil life indicator...nice feature!
  • rhinncrhinnc Member Posts: 66
    Thanks for pointing this out. My 99 Silverado has a similar system, but you press the gas pedal 3 times.

The way that the oil system works is interesting. Sensors and the Computer determine when the oil needs changing based on speed, engine RPM's and other criteria. Really is a neat feature.

However it does take some getting used to for some of us old geezers who were raised on the premise of changing oil every 3000 miles.

The wifes LaCrosse only has 9000 miles on it. I had the oil changed at 5000 miles even though the Oil Monitor (she has the Driver Information Display) was only at 57% remaining.

With 4000 miles on the vehicle since the last change (and monitor reset) it stands at 61% oil life. Her driving consists of 10% city driving and 90% open road.
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    I ordered a 2008 Buick LaCrosse Super in July (with the Red Jewel Tintcoat color) and took delivery in August. So far, I'm very happy with the car's performance. I made three 0-60 runs on a seldom used frontage road and measured 5.5, 5.7, and 5.8 seconds with my stopwatch. So the car is very quick! However, I did notice some torque-steer while mashing the gas pedal during the runs, but wasn't overly concerned. The seats are very comfortable and the interior looks nice too. BTW, we're gonna have to race some day. Just kidding!
  • smokeyjoesmokeyjoe Member Posts: 13
    I disagree with 62vette.....the ipod and other MP3 players were quite popular by the early 2000s. Car manufacturers were quite slow in getting with the program, but by the time of the Lacrosse's debut, a number of competitors were rolling out their new midsized sedans with mp3 capability (Passat, Camry, most of the upscale imports). I e-mailed Buick in 2006 telling them they were really missing the boat, and cost themselves a sale (to me) by not having any aux option.

At the Indianapolis auto show last week, I noted to the Buick rep that, again, with me being in the market for a new car, I cannot consider Buick's Lacrosse since there is still no ipod option....and this leaves them one of the ONLY cars in this class without one in 2008. Accord, Camry, Passat, Impreza, Impala, Altima, etc., etc., etc. ALL have this as an option. If they want to get the Buick image past the "old person" stigma, then this is the first thing that needs to change. :mad:
    Like I said, LaCrosse was designed with the old radio. Will need to wait until the new LaCrosse next year to ge the new chassis radio with mpe hook up.
  • mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    I like what I see of the new Super. However, that's a lot of power (and weight) up front. Just wondering if there have been reports of excessive torque steer or other handling issues on the car.
    Look for Impala and Grand Prix articles with the V8. I think you will find it is there but not bad.
    During an oil change and tire rotation at 19600 miles recently my dealership service department noticed that my Tie-Rod Ends were wearing excessively. They ordered the parts and did the replacement and alignment under warranty.

Overall I was completely satisfied with service experience I got at Jimmy Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Athens, AL. I know most post here about problems, but I thought it would be good to post a good news story on service. This is the type of stuff that will probably keep me driving Buicks for a long time to come.
    Overall I was completely satisfied with service experience I got at Jimmy Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Athens, AL. I know most post here about problems, but I thought it would be good to post a good news story on service. This is the type of stuff that will probably keep me driving Buicks for a long time to come.

Very true, few take the time to go on the net and say good things. One good thing is that Lexus and Buick tied at 145 problems per hundred vehicles at 3 years reliability according to JD Power. Tied for first place!!
    That is the China LaCrosse that has been around for 5 years or so. The Shangai-GM guys designed their own body and interior based on the US LaCrosse.

For 2009 the LaCrosse will be one vehicle for everyone with minor differences. ?Same interior, same exterior.
  • lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87
    I have a screw loose and it is rattling somewhere behind the mid-console dashboard vents. Maybe it is not a screw but something is rattling. I am handy with tools would like to pull the dashboard off but I need a hint on how to start. Do I just pull at one of the corners or are there hidden fasteners which need to be dealt with first.
    Thank you.
    Hi,

I am not an automotive expert, but I know where several knowledgeable people post on the web. Recommend you try link titleand see if anyone there knows how to disassemble your w-body dash.

v/r
  • kairnskairns Member Posts: 8
    My 2005 Allure CX has developed a high pitch whinning sound coming from the engine bay. The whinning can only be heard upon pressing the accelerator (driving or in park so I eliminate the possibilty of transmission). The noise appears to be coming from under the generator in or around the power steering unit. My car has 80,000K (50,000 M). Could this simply be the drive belt or possibly the power steering pump?

Has anyone else had this problem?
  • creed1creed1 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in buying a 2008 or a 2009 (when they come out) Buick Lacrosse CXL with Leather and Driver Package and Chrome wheels and I was wondering about the CXL's 6 speaker CD player radio that comes with the model. Does is sound really nice or would I be better to get the upgraded 9 speaker radio? Thanks
  • gerrycgerryc Member Posts: 9
    if sound quality is of primary importance to you, consider seriously moving up to the LaCrosse CXS model as it's 3.6l engine,transmission and twin mufflers are so much quieter than the CX/CXL models. At least take both models out for an extended test drive and bring a selection of your favourite CDs with you to assess the sound differences.

I have a 6 speaker sound system on my CXS and it continues to offer symphony hall quality sound 3 years after buying it. My prior Buick Regal had the Series 3800 engine that is in the CXL and its throaty sound signature, while an interesting attribute when accelerating, was too much for the sound system in that one.
  • rwisemrwisem Member Posts: 96
    I can't comment on the sound level of the CX or CXL, but my CXS IS one of the quietest cars I've ever driven.

I had an '05 company CSX that I liked so much I ordered an '06 CXS for my personal car. The '05 had the top 9 speaker sound system. I took a chance and only got the standard 6 speaker system in the '06. I can say that my radio sounds every bit as good as the uplevel model.
    The "base" system in the Lacrosse is actually the midlevel system at GM. It may even be called "concert sound II" ? Cannot recall what we called it. The optionial system is the Concert sound III, though it may not be called that either.
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    I am ready to replace the transmission fluid in my wife's 2005 LaCrosse CXL with 19,000 miles. She had a premature transmission failure on her 1998 Regal LS at 100,000 miles, so I know that the transmission is the weak link in the drivetrain. The owners manual calls out Dextron-III approved for H - specification. When I went to my auto parts store today, it appears that there is another Dextron introduced after 2005. Any suggestions as to which one I should use? I intend to upgrade to synthetic even though GM does not install it as original equipment.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    Is there anyway to connect an iPod nano to a new 2008 LaCrosse?
  • creed1creed1 Member Posts: 2
    Will the 2009 Buick Lacrosse offer Bluetooth Technology? Also when will the new 2009 Buick Lacrosses be out at the dealerships?
    It's not cheap, but it's supposed to work. I'm thinking of getting one for my 2008 LaCrosse:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TF894LL/A?fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessorie- - - s/car_audio&mco=MTU3MjU

I still don't understand (and neither does my car salesman) why Buick decided not to provide a plug-in port for iPods (like Chevy does with their radios).
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    I don't know. The reviews are pretty bad. I'd reconsider this option.
    still don't understand (and neither does my car salesman) why Buick decided not to provide a plug-in port for iPods (like Chevy does with their radios).

Buick uses the older radio platform that did not have the input port. Simple as that. The new platform does not easily fit into the old space and GM did not want to spend the money to make it fit midway thru the LaCrosse lifecycle. If LaCrosse would have come out a year later it would of had the new radio.
    Buick uses the older radio platform that did not have the input port. Simple as that. The new platform does not easily fit into the old space and GM did not want to spend the money to make it fit midway thru the LaCrosse lifecycle. If LaCrosse would have come out a year later it would of had the new radio.

I'll have to yell at my Buick salesman for not knowing what you just said. I can't believe that Buick wouldn't spend the extra money to include the newer platform radios (with auxiliary MP3 audio inputs) in a luxury car like the LaCrosse. After all, aren't they (along with Cadillac) supposed to be GM's premium motorcar division?
  • rwisemrwisem Member Posts: 96
    Before driving across country in my 2006 Lacrosse, I want to replace the engine air filter. I can easily unsnap the two latches, but the housing is still connected. How do I get access?
    I can't believe that Buick wouldn't spend the extra money to include the newer platform radios (with auxiliary MP3 audio inputs) in a luxury car like the LaCrosse.

How can they? Every year many new features are introduced on new models. No manufacturer can keep making yearly changes on their carryover models. It would cost them billions to do it. They tool up a vehicle at $XXXXXXX and then they would have to spend money every year to retool it over and over. No one does that unless there is a real issue with quality or a real game changer. LaCrosse came out in '05 and it will be replaced in '09. The audio inputs came out in GM about '07 in large volume. Very hard to think they would spend the money and engineering resources for one or two years.
    It would cost them billions to do it.

LOL. Billions? Maybe millions. BTW, you don't have to defend GM on my account. I'm a very long time GM buyer, and I see how they skimp to save a few bucks here and there. I'm sure they've even substituted cheaper materials on your 'Vette just to save a few pennies. It makes the pencil pushers and bean counters very happy.
    Billions? Maybe millions.

Sorry, I was referring to the entire industry if they tried to update every vehicle every year to have the latest whatever.
  • neshapopneshapop Member Posts: 22
    Mine too, MY2005 CX with 37M or 57K. It would sound like that with the same symptoms, strangely I started to get low oil message from my DIC. The level was below minimum after 3000 miles and oil life was 55%?

Took it to the dealer while the car is still under the warranty, does not look good to me. Service advisor blamed me for following Oil Life System instead 3000 miles schedule!?! So GM got it wrong with OLS, according to their Good Wrench web page oil should be OK for 4000-7000 miles. Mine is below level after 3K.
This discussion has been closed.