Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DTS

Comments

• dispencer2dispencer2 Member Posts: 299
    I'll keep my 2003 until Cadillac puts something out that is not just a rehash of the old 2000-2005 Deville. I'm sure that the 2006 and 2007 (and 2008)'s are great but they still look the same from the side. The car is only worth about $10k anyway since domestic cars have a terrible depreciation so I'm not losing much for keeping it another couple of years. It now has 55,000 miles and the warranty isn't up till October of 2008. I got 31 on the road coming back from Albuquerque the other day and always get 28-30 on the highway. Everything works and has worked since I bought it as a $27k program car in January of 2004. It is very comfortable on trips and I have other cars and trucks to drive locally that don't compare for road travel. I'll just hang loose. Hopefully in 2009 or 2010 Cadillac will put out something that looks like the Sixteen. My next car sale will be to dump my 2006 Impala as soon as I can get a Program 2008 Sebring Convertible. That will be my town car.
  • bremertongbremertong Member Posts: 436
    Your logic sounds very sound to me. My 2004 Deville was out of warranty in July of this year, went in to service in August of 2003. I always liked the appearance of my 1998 Goldfiremist Deville. When the 2006 DTS was available new
    I valued it as used on a few web sites and bought a new car at a used price with all of the warranty remaining, color is Light Cashmere as close as you can get to Goldfiremist of the 98 Deville. It also has a sun/moonroof and in dash CD changer. The two cars are really nice and look that way parked next to each other in the garage. Of course getting them out on the road is even nicer. My Towncar has 22,300 miles as of today, had it out for some fun and and errands, Average fuel economy was 25.5 MPG, about 60% highway and 40% city. The new DTS got average of 23 MPG on a similar trip a few days ago. I have owned both a Plymouth Acclaim and a 1997 LHS in the past so I have a little knowledge of the Chrysler line of autos.
  • rpgorman1rpgorman1 Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested in Leasing an '07 DTS Luxury II with no options. I'm buying American after many years of BMW's, Toyota's and Honda. Any thought's of what to consider for this Cadillac and anyone have recent experience on how much the Dealers' are discounting this model.
    What factors are causing you to lease an American car after leasing Japanese and German cars? I just bought a new 2006 DTS and while satisfied am not thrilled after three weeks.
    The car is getting about 10% lower fuel efficiency than my 2004 Deville. My dealership offers no really reasonable explanations for this difference. This is my third Cadillac
    and one of the other weak points is Cadillac customer service line. My ignition stalled out on several occasions
    and when the issue was not immediately resolved they didn't offer much help except to say well keep trying (LOL). I expect the issue will be resolved only after the vehicle has to be jump started and or towed to the dealership. I think the main difference between American and foreign car names is initial build quality and customer service follow up. I have been on balance satisfied with my three Cadillacs,
    if I were in your place I would check in to the types of issues I have raised in my response. I have never owned a foreign car but your post comes at a time when I am less than thrilled with my new purchase. Please feel free to ask questions if you need further follow up information in reaching your decision. The Edmunds web site has a great amount of information on all the cars mentioned, I would strongly urge you to read through it as well as other car web sites. Best wishes and keep us posted.
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    One problem I had with my 98 Aurora (small northstar engine) was when the fuel pressure regulator failed. The car would be hard to start after it was warmed up driving somewhere and had been parked for a short time (less than 30 minutes but more than 15 minutes). The ignition (spark plugs) were not the problem, the car seemed flooded. This was a first generation northstar, so there may be some differences on your second generation northstar, but if there is a fuel pressure regulator that is leaking, it might explain the hard starting and the fuel consumption too.
    When I went to fuel up my new car the first time I could not find the fuel release door, finally realized that this feature has been eliminated. When I called Cadillac to ask about this, the answer was that if I used the valet lock out switch in the glove compartment the fuel door would be locked (LOL), no such luck in that the door opened in either position, valet on or off. So much for Cadillac personal knowing their own product. I would like the security of knowing that if I drive into a large city and leave the car no prankster can get into my fuel line. To make the matter even more frustrating,Cadillac tells me that they do not sell a a locking gas cap that is approved for use with this car. They also said that if I used an after market product and it caused problems with the engine message system there would be a charge to clear the computer system in the car. I went in to a local auto supply store and bought a locking gas cap that according to the store computer was approved for a 2006 DTS. I would very much appreciate what other owners feel about this issue. Is the locking door not necessary? If concerned have you bought an after market locking cap? Have you had any problems with message lights coming on the dash board? What other information should I have on this issue. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    I can tell you that my 2007 SRX also does not have a locking door for the fuel. I am not really concerned about this where I live. As long as your locking gas cap seals the gas tank, there won't be any messages. The messages come when the car's computer system detects that the fuel cap is not sealed. This is tested continually as part of the emissions control system to make sure everything is operating properly.
    Glad you like your 2006. I haven't totally made up my mind to keep my '03 but it is used very little, looks brand new, have required nothing serious and rides and drives like it did when I got it. I may break down and look at an '06 or '07 in the fall of '08 but I'd sure like to have some idea of when Cadillac will put out a totally new DTS.
    Whether or not the filler door locks if the gas cap is loose you will get a check engine notification.
    Yes I was aware of that. Was at the dealership yesterday and they checked the after market cap that I purchased (Shucks Auto Parts) and said it was the right one. The local dealership charges about $ 45 dollars to reset the check engine message light. The dealership where I bought the car will do it free but is over 100 mile round trip from where I live. I would have no hesitation about trying the after market cap if the trip were not so long or if I trusted the local dealership near where I live. Alternate solution would be to just use the locking cap when I leave the car parked in a vulnerable location such as a large city. The car is always in the garage when I'm at home. The tethered non locking cap will fit in the fuel door area next to the locking cap when in use. No rush to decide as I am not planning any out of the area travel at the moment.
    The gas cap has to have a vacuum tight seal. When the engine vacuum is applied to test the fuel tank, a leak anywhere will end up flagging the check engine light.
    I have done a bit of internet searching for fuel theft. The locking fuel door we used to have really would not prevent someone from prying it open if they really wanted to steal the fuel. I also get the impression that a locking gas cap won't stop someone determined to steal fuel either.
    My 2006 DTS would not start today on first two tries, on third try it started but only after turning off all the accessories. Took to a nearby Wal-mart and had the battery checked and was charging at only 400, the staff
    said it should be up around 700 or more in a new car, my 98 Deville charged at a rate of 670 when checked when three years old. Am taking that 130 mile drive to the dealership tomorrow, have alerted Cadillac and just about every management person at the dealership. One of the supervisors advised me that there are TSBS on this model year on this issue, they should have checked this two complaints ago.
    SO FAR am sorry I spent the money to trade to a newer model, in that other than a glitch in the cruise control and an oil filter adapter gasket the car ran great without any other problems.
    I am puzzled by this last post. Are you saying that your battery is weak and so the engine will not turn over fast enough to start? I was under the impression from your previous posts that the problem was not a weak battery but rather that the engine would start and then die.

I am curious as to what the "400" or "700" means in terms of "charging". Without some unit those are just numbers. Were they testing the battery's "charge", or were they testing the generator's charging capacity?

I have gone back to look at your previous posts. I am not sure what you mean when you say "Have had stall outs at ignition a few times". It is possible that your dealer's service manager does not understand what your problem is either.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    400 or 700 described the "cold cranking amps" of the battery capacity...
    That would be the power that you can get out of the battery, and has nothing to do with the charging system. It could mean that the battery is not being charged up, or it could mean that the battery is faulty.
    The battery was changed on Monday, to my surprise it is located under the back seat of the car for better weight distribution. The tech also told me that he had corrected "numerous low voltage codes stored in BCM" (wording on ivoice). It is to early to say if the work was successful but the car started without any problem today. The next several days will tell us if the problem is corrected.
    GM's G-body cars (starting with the 1995 Aurora and Riviera) had the batteries under the rear seat. Your 2004 deVille's battery was under the rear seat. Assuming that the new battery is not defective, and assuming that your charing system is working correctly, you should not have any more problems with a weak battery.
    Just bought new 2006 DTS (left over inventory) in early may.
    Had electrical problems which for the most part have been corrected with new battery and some computer re sets. I have one remaining quirk that occurs about once every few weeks.
    At start up the radio does not go on and the audio in my turn signals does not sound when making a turn. Is corrected by by pushing the radio on off button on/off a few times. Never had this type of quirk on my two previous Cadillacs and wondered if this should be ignored or if it is a prelude to more serious recurring electrical problems.
    The dealership is over 130 miles round trip so unless it is serious will ignore and jiggle the radio on/off control to clear. Have other owners had this problem? What was the cause and how was it corrected?
  • robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    My 2006 DTS Lux III stereo was acting up (loss of audio, loss of display) so the dealer replaced the entire head unit rather than try to diagnose/repair it. No problems with it since. I've had no problems with the turn signals, though.
    Was the loss of your cars audio and display total or only occasional?
    Mine goes out about once every two weeks and then seems to work until a few weeks later? Talked to the service dept today and they said they were uncertain as to cause. I will follow for a few weeks unless it happens again sooner. This will be the third visit regarding electrical problems if not resolved I am encouraged by the consumer protection agency of my state to start a lemon law process. In my state you have 30 months
    to file for lemon law protection. Using the lemon law would be my LAST preference since I like the car and hope it will be resolved before that. I had an alternator replaced in my
    98 Deville and the car worked fine after that, had an oil filter adapter gasket replaced in my 2004 Deville and the car was fine after that. have owned the 2006 DTS less than two months and this would be the the third service visit if it goes that route.
    Thanks very much for your post every bit of information provides food for thought and action in resolving these issues.
    The problems with my DTS' stereo were intermittent....sometimes it was fine, sometimes it lost audio, sometimes it lost only the display. I didn't let it go on very long and had it in the shop within a week of the problem starting. Sounds like you may need to ask for a full replacement rather than let them tinker around with attempted fixes. I'm sure they will see the benefit of a "once and done" service rather than bringing you back again and again.
    Good advice, will wait until it happens again and see how long a period in between. I have thirty months on the lemon law (not at all that eager to go that route). Has been fine for a few days, we will see. Since the turn signal audio is also involved just changing the stereo, CD, radio unit might not be enough. Also over 130 miles round trip to the dealer. They would probably want the car overnight so would be close to 300 miles altogether with round trip in the rental car. I think timing will be the key so will see how long it takes to happen again. Car is under new car warranty until May of 2011 so plenty of time in that regard. Unless I change my mind will probably trade just before the new car warranty expires, my average hold period for cars is three years. Thanks very much for your continuing interest.
  • jasper60103jasper60103 Member Posts: 22
    Hi bremertong.

I have a 2004 base Deville for a few months now. Have about 27,500 miles on it.

Would like to hear your experiences with the 2004 Deville?
    Had many issues?

I don't want to hijack this thread.
    Would you mind sending me an email?

thanks,

jasper60103@yahoo.com
    I just traded a 2004 Deville with 36,000 miles on it,owned for close to three years. I was satisfied with it and had no major problems other than a quirky cruise control which would sometimes set as much as six miles an hour below the set point, never resolved and just used it knowing sometimes it would set as desired and sometimes not. Only other issues was a defective oil filter apdater gasket which I think was caused by an oil tech doing an oil change and having a bad day, once repaired never leaked again. The DTS seems to have more power, has smaller door pockets than the 2004. Big issue with me is the fact that my 98 and 04 Devilles had locking fuel doors and the DTS does not,went out and bought a locking fuel cap for the 2006 DTS. My concern is not that anyone would steal fuel but that a prankster would put a substance such as sand or sugar in to the fuel line which of course would ruin the engine. I think it was very poor judgment for Cadillac to build the newer models without the locking fuel door. If you have other specific questions please let me know. I think you have made a very good choice in the 2004 model and should have many good years of service from it unless the previous owner did not maintain it properly such as oil changes and other routine items. If you have other questions and issues please post and don't worry about hijacking the thread in that there are so few posts that it would be nice to see more specific interaction by owners here.
    I've had my DTS for nearly a year and I just used the On Star turn-by-turn navigation for the first time the other morning. A major accident on the interstate forced me to take an alternate route to my office.

We are in the process of testing SUV's to replace our '01 Tahoe and have been able to try some in-dash nav systems recently. After testing those systems and using the turn-by-turn, I can't imagine why anyone would want an in-dash version other than for the 'cool factor'.

Talk about easy. I just hit the blue On Star button, told the rep I was calling for directions, gave the name of my company (she looked up the address herself) and the directions were downloaded to the car. The vehicle then talks you through the route as you drive.

One thing the dealers may want to stress (or at least mention.....I had no idea) is that the directions also display in the driver information center window during the entire route. I'm not exactly sure why, but this was somewhat reassuring for me rather than relying on a disembodied voice to speak to me.

Overall, this set up is enormously easier than trying to type in information to a touch-screen nav system. My only suggestion for On Star would be to offer greater discounts for their long-term contracts so more consumers will stay with them after the free trial. Doing the math I see that signing up for a year saves me a little less than $30 rather than going month-to-month which allows me to drop it at any time.
    I am fairly sure that you can't type in a destination while you are driving. However, if you have the address of your work place already in the address list, then while you are driving you can select it to give you the best route from where you are now. I guess that I am surprised that you would get lost going work.
    Analog On Star will go away in December 2008. Cadillac will upgrade your system to digital for $15 IF you buy a $199 annual Safe and Sound Package. I've paid for this stupid OnStar for three years now and have never used it except once when I bumped the rear view mirror by mistake. I'm seriously debating NOT to upgrade it .Resale value on my '03 is nothing anyway. I'm sure that On Star isn't going to make the difference between a sale or not and besides that the new owner can always upgrade it and pay for it. OnStar promotes it with the safety stories but I have a cell phone. I'm sure the plusses outweigh the negatives but I look forward to buying some sort of car in the future that doesn't have OnStar. XM Radio is bad enough.
    For either OnStar or a cell phone to work, there has to be cell phone service where you are. However, if you crash, OnStar will alert someone that your car has crashed even if you are not conscious. For your cell phone to work - 1) you must be awake; 2) you must not have lost track of where the cell phone is during the crash.

In the four plus years that I owned my 2002 Seville, I never made use of OnStar except for the cell phone. I did keep the mid-level OnStar service. Now that I have Nav I see no reason for anything more than the basic OnStar.
    bremertong, thanks for the info.

The previous owner leased the car. I spoke with the previous owner, and it was serviced per the maintenance schedule. I have about 5 months left on the factory waranty, 4yr/50,000. Still deciding whether to buy an extended warranty.

I've had to take my Deville back to the dealer for a Check Engine light. Turned out to be a defective Air Pump. They replaced it under warranty. FYI, http://www.carcare.org/Emission_Control/air_pump.shtml.

Also, after driving for a couple months I noticed the brakes were worn. The dealer resurfaced the rotors (under warranty) and replaced the front pads under their goodwill policy.

The car drives great and I've been very happy with it otherwise. Thanks again.

-jasper
    That's the pitch that OnStar gives you. I guess it is like insurance. I'll probably upgrade it on the Cadillac because we only use it on trips and it would be useful if the car got stolen or I was in a crash. I won't renew my '06 Impala OnStar though next March. That car is only used in town. My back goes out if I try and drive it longer than about 5 hours anywhere. The Cadillac I can drive for days and actually stand up straight when I get out after a day on the road! Hopefully I'll have a program Sebring Convertible by next spring for local town driving.
    I would suggest getting an extended warranty if you plan to drive any number of miles on the car. I had one for seven years or 100,000 miles and am now getting a pro rated refunded of a little over 72% of the premium. You seem to have a good working relationship with your dealership so you might first get a quote from them and if satisfied purchase. You might also shop around and see what a non dealership warranty would cost you. A major transmission or engine problem could easily cost you over $2000 to repair so unless you don't mind that kind of surprise strongly consider an extended warranty and choose carefully.
    yeah, these cars have a lot of electronics on them as well.

I'm comparing GMPP and AA Autowarranty (Warranty America). I'm skepticle about purchasing a 3rd party warranty after hearing some horry stories. On the other hand GMPP is much more expensive.

Can you recommend a 3rd party warranty company (that you filed a claim with)? I hear some low ball the cost of the repair, or find some rediculous reason to advoid paying claims.

thanks,

jasper
    I have had only one claim on my 98 Deville, a faulty alternator and it was repaired without charge at a non Cadillac repair shop. I never got a bill as the third party warranty company paid without question. I will share their name as soon as I get my pro rated refund on my 2004 Deville, the field office misplaced the papers and I was told I should receive the chrck shortly. I have waited for close to two months and am a little less than thrilled at their handling of my pro rated refund request. In the meantime I suggest that you investigate several companies and be sure that they offer a pro rated refund if you don't keep the car for the full period of the warranty.
    I was at the filling station today, a fellow came over and asked if I knew that my center brake light had several bulbs that were not working. Sure enough there are three bulbs that are not lighting up when brakes are applied. I wasted no time and called the dealership to be told that only the dealer service department could change the bulbs as the the entire light cluster needed replacement. I wondered if there were other owners of the DTS that had this issue with their cars. In the good old days a burned out bulb was something that you could easily replace yourself. I am suspecting the (new) car was sold to me that way and that no one took the time to bring it to my attention til now, have owned this car since early May of this year. Is there is a simpler way to deal with this? I would appreciate knowing as the trip to the dealership is over 130 miles round trip. This will be my third trip in less than three months. All DTS owner input on this issue will be appreciated. Owners manual states that light bulbs need to be changed by dealer.
    I think that those are LED's, not bulbs.
  • lanzzlanzz Member Posts: 76
    brem - the center brake light is an LED array - the LED "bulbs" are soldered to a circuit board in a way that is not serviceable in the field.

My '06 DTS still has all of the LEDs lighting up, but I see a lot of older Cadillac models with some LEDs that no longer light up.

I would not worry, if I am not mistaken, as long as your car is still under warranty, and there is no physical damage to the light assembly, this is a warranty item.
    Hi Ianzz,
    Thanks very much for your reply, so far as I know you are correct in all respects in this issue. I have called the dealership and the part has been ordered. You are also correct that it is a warranty item. I am suspecting that the car was sold to me that way (new). It is the fourth 130+ mile trip to the dealership in just a little over two months. It takes most of a day in that when I get there I have to wait
    to have the work done. I am suspecting that one of the reasons that people are turning to the Japanese builders is initial build quality, don't think the service departments are any better than GM, Ford or Chrysler. This is my third Cadillac and I like the DTS very much but hope this will be the last glitch for a while. Will share the results and outcome when the work is done.
  • fmoellerfmoeller Member Posts: 21
    There is a fix for the KNOCKING sound. Cadillac has a TSB out on this. They replaced my EVAP Canister Part Number 15941577 under warranty. Too early to tell if the replacement corrected the problem - will have to wait till the weather cools off to test.

After reading the other posts on this condition I had pretty much resolved my self to accept it, as it was so common and there did not appear to be a fix. I had my car (2006 DTS Performance) in for an oil change and while waiting I mentioned the KNOCKING sound to the service writer. He knew immediately what the problem was and he told me of the TSB.

Still no replacement for the clock that I am aware of.
    bremertong,
    I can understand you being annoyed or frustrated after making several trips back to the dealer, but this is a small problem IMO.
    Hardly worth a special 130 mile trip to the dealer, plus gas and your personal time.

I would do it at the next oil change or service need (before your warranty expires).

I can tell from your posts you are a perfectionist though!
    Just my opinion.

-jasper
    Yes, your reply makes sense. I have ordered the part through
    the dealership and will see when they get back to me on it.
    Have also put a record of the defect with Cadillac via a case number. If this car had been bought even slightly used
    rather than new I would not be so disappointed. I was surprised at how little interest the Cadillac Representative showed in the discussion of initial build quality. You are also correct that I am a bit of a perfectionist which is not a healthy trait. My warranty will not expire until early 2011 so I have plenty of time to get it repaired. I have appreciated your posts and like your viewpoint on these issues.
    True, with On-Star turn by turn you do not have to type your destination. That is the only advantage. Just before my free subscription expired I called for directions to a very well known destination just to test the system. At the same time I set up my built-in system for the same destination

I purposely passed the destination. On Star asked if I wanted new directions by reconnecting to an advisor. This would mean waiting for a down load of new directions.

Meanwhile the built-in system had already re-calculated and was redirecting me to my destination. Also, you can see an actual map to clarify where you are with the built-in system.

I will not be renewing On Star unless they lower their prices.
    I also had to replace my high-rise brake light due to stress cracks. By your post I am guessing that either you have the 2007 DTS with 5 year warranty or if you have a 2006 that you purchased an extended warranty. Be careful here and read which ever you have. If it’s the 5 year than it is a power train warranty after the first 3 years and MAY not cover brake lights. If it’s an extended warranty (GMPP or 3rd party) read the fine print. Just make sure you get it replaced before the 3 years are up.

Is there a Caddy dealer closer that you can go to? You don’t have to take it where you purchased it for repair work. Some items can even be repaired at a Chev dealer etc.

Good luck.
    I purchased a 2006 DTS, new, left over inventory. Cadillac records confirmed this, I have a 4 year 50,000 new car warranty also confirmed by Cadillac,ending in early 2011. Am suspecting that the car was delivered new with the defect in the center on trunk lid brake light, there are no visible cracks or stress marks on the red plastic housing just about three bulbs that don't light when brake pedal is pushed. Dealer tells me that entire cluster must be replaced
    rather than individual bulbs. Many thanks for sharing information about your experience with this light cluster.
    With a Cadillac I'd buy an extended warranty that would cover you for 100k miles -a GM Protection Plan. Cadillac, unlike Chevrolet. Buick etc. supports its warranty customers. Where you would get an argument from Chevrolet on things like wind noise you get no argument whatsoever from Cadillac. The various computers and all the electronic stuff on Cadillacs are very expensive to repair or replace. I wouldn't dream of buying a Cadillac without an extended warranty. That's why I buy "Certified" used Cadillacs from GM dealers - not from private owners.
    I had a little time and the desire to do a little driving so having been advised that the new center brake light had arrived, went to the dealership and had it installed. The outer (red part that you see) and inner lights are in one piece, the replacement took about a half hour. When I asked
    if it was likely that the car was delivered with this defect the answer was yes it was likely. Having had several
    glitches with this new car I must go back to the issue of initial build quality. I think the American builders are offering good cars at competitive prices but are loosing out to the imports on the basis of initial build quality.
    Am hoping that this will be my last malfunction with this car for a while given the fact that I have already had several previous ones in my brief period of ownership.
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,093
    We rented an '07 DTS last weekend to take on a five-hour trip to visit my wife's 98-year old grandfather. Amazing guy! Anyway, we figured we'd get him in the car for a ride if we left our minivan at home (too hard to climb up into). I hadn't driven a Caddy in years, but we all loved this DTS...solid as a vault, quiet, great power, nice looking I think, roomy especially in back seat...my ten-year old even said she'd give up the DVD in our minivan if we bought a Caddy like this one! I was disappointed only in 1) plastic power-window switches inside, instead of chrome, 2) no more trumpet horns like I remember, 3) no more power trunklid pulldown like I remember, and 4) a slightly askew "GM" badge on the left front fender. So small, but so important on a top-line car! I actually saw a DTS about a year ago, with that GM emblem actually installed UPSIDE DOWN on the car! Inexcusable!

Anyway, overall, I think it was a wonderful car to spend time in. Also, if only Enterprise wasn't too cheap to pay for the satellite radio fee since the car came standard with XM radio! I expected satellite radio in renting a Cadillac, and didn't get it with Enterprise.

Bill P.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
    I would think that the parts supplier would have checked the center brake light to be sure that it was working before shipping. When the parts are put on the car, they are not checked, so a defective part can be installed. It may have failed after a short time of use too. Even with a few missing LEDs, the center brake light is still effective. The worst thing is that a few missing LED's look bad. Assuming that there are no defects that result in a short life, LED's last for a long time.

I think that your dealership would have found the defective battery sooner if you had explained more clearly that your starting problems were due to a weak battery. Calling it a "stalling" problem was incorrect.
    Don't all Cadillacs have a Bumper to Bumper 5 year 50,000 mile warranty or is it 4/50 -can't remember. I only buy Certified ones with the 6 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I knew that all GM cars have a 100k power train warranty but is there a difference between the '06 and '07 DTS warranty-wise?
    Yes I think so in that my 2006 DTS came with a 4 year 50,000
    mile new car warranty. Believe the 100,000 drivetrain warranty started with the 2007 DTS. The brake light was repaired under the warranty. I generally drive about 14,000 miles a year splitting my miles between my Lincoln Town Car and my DTS. I generally hold my cars an average of three years so the DTS would never reach 50,000 miles even if I kept it the full four years,it currenty has a little under 2,500 miles on it.