Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DTS

Comments

• sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    " the car stalled out at second ignition "

I assume that what happened is that the car started the second time that day that you went to drive it somewhere (having started OK the first time) and that after the engine started, it died. If the key was dirty, the security system may have shut it down "thinking" that you did not have a key for the car and were stealing it. More likely, your key may have a poor electical path so the computer may not be able to always determine that the key is authorized to start the car. I woul try using the other key to see if it works better.
  • bremertongbremertong Member Posts: 436
    I suspect that the electrical system in this car is flawed in that when I started the car today the engine turned over with hesitation and I heard three times from the audio system with no error message. Ignitition was hesitant at each crank but the car started. I see that there is a product put out by Black & Decker that charges the battery from the cigarette lighter power source. The price is $ 50 dollars and it claims it will charge the battery in a few minutes. I may buy as an interim approach to using the car.
    Since the car is to my taste and am very pleased with it when it works am trying to avoid the Cadillac repurchase or
    Lemon law programs but this may in fact be going in that direction. I fully expect the batttery will go dead again very soon and hope if I have the Black and Decker charger it will work and provide an interim solution to this problem. RESPONSES BY OTHER DTS OWNERS will be appreciated
    particularly if you have had electrical system issues with your car.
    Now I am puzzled again. In your previous post you stated that the engine stalled. You said nothing about the battery being weak. If the battery is weak, you need to tell your service department about that. I suggest that you try to explain things in plain english. In particular:

"Ignitition was hesitant at each crank"
    Are you trying to say that the starter is cranking the engine over very slowly because the batter is weak :confuse:
    RESPONSES BY OTHER DTS OWNERS WILL BE APPRECIATED!
  • dispencer2dispencer2 Member Posts: 299
    After driving a Jag Mk10 for several years I finally sold the lemon and bought a new 1966 Plymouth Belvedere - a totally stripped model with just power steering and automatic. It was great to have a car that started each morning without having to dry off the plug wires with a hair dryer. I agree with you on Plymouths. A friend drove his Dodge Dart to the junkyard when the body rusted away at 300 thousand miles. The old straight six started every time. I suspected that the junk yard guy drove it for several more years. I'm looking at a 2007 Luxury II next spring but if I get many more complaints on '06's and '07's on this forum I'll look seriously at a Lincoln Town Car. I'd like to get a Lexus but can't afford one and the Avalon is a nicer design. I drove an Avalon in Florida last year and was annoyed at the wind and road noise on the freeways.
    Appreciated your reply, I had the DTS out today and it seemed to run just fine, keep hoping that the problems will be corrected but am also preparing for more surprises. The first 2008 Lincoln Town Car has come off the assembly line
    in St. Thomas, Canada to begin production there. My first Deville was produced in Canada and was the most reliable of the three Caddies I've owned. Am surprised to learn of the wind noise in Avalon, always thought these were very quiet vehicles. I also agree that while the Lexus may be one of the few most reliable and quality cars, they are also priced way up there. Still feel that a good and reliable DTS is one of the best values in the Luxury market.
  • robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    Well, here's the next chapter in the saga.

I took my DTS in for the power seat and B-pillar seat belt guide repairs on Thursday, 9/6, receiving a loaner car 'for the day' and was told the repairs would be done within only a few hours.

I phoned the service department at 4:45 to check for an update and was told they needed to keep the car at least overnight because some of the connectors snapped when they had to remove the power seat. No problem so far (I thought).

I received a call about 10:30 the next morning that the car was ready. Not even thinking I would need to check for damage, I took the car home even though there were dirty finger prints all over the interior as well as a lot of crumbs on the seat (I don't eat in the car at all and it had been vacuumed thoroughly since our road trip in July). This past weekend, while cleaning the interior, I noticed they put several gouges in the base of the b-pillar when removing/replacing the seat. Also, the trim plastics around the base of the seat are not aligned well any more (the passenger seat still looks great, so it's a noticeable difference).

Today, a passenger in my car tried to adjust the passenger seat and now it doesn't lift, either. We also tried to adjust the seat belts and noticed that neither of the new seat belt guides will move at all....the pieces don't even 'compress' as they should to release the catch and allow them to slide.

This has been a remarkably disappointing experience with the car. In addition to the tire wobble (yes, they were rotated once before the 10,000 rotation), I've had far too many build quality issues with this luxury car.

I will be calling the service department tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    I am very sympathetic to the problems you are having. Service departments are about the only place my cars have ever been damaged. Unless you are completely satisfied with the response that you get from the service department call Cadillac customer service department ASAP and document all these items with them. You have every right to prompt, courteous service and in my opinion the service department ought to make these issues up to you in some substantial form. Yes, I wish you luck but I also suggest that you present yourself in very polite but assertive fashion. In the future when you take your car in for service have the service advisor look the car over before turning it over to them and if they object remind them of this incident. When you pick the car up after service take a few minutes to check the car out for visible damage. This SHOULD NOT be necessary but given the realities of to days world it is absolutely the minimum you should do. In my opinion Cadillac corporate needs to assume a much more aggressive position with dealerships and their service departments. please post updates as time permits. It seems to me that an important benefit of these forums is for owners to share information that will help resolve problems and improve build quality and service.
    I asked earlier if anyone on this Forum has an '06 or '07 DTS that has been relatively trouble free? I'm in the market next spring and from what I've heard I might buy a Town Car instead.
  • kpsmkpsm Member Posts: 12
    I'd think that most of us owners have an experience similar to mine. (It's the few with problems who tend to be vocal about it.)

I've just reached the 10,000 mile point for my '06 Performance Model DTS. This is absolutely the most trouble free car I've ever had. I've had the oil changed and had the tires rotated. Otherwise, I have not had the car in the shop.

The magnetic suspension really makes a difference in the ride. Almost everybody who rides in my car for the first time comments on how good the ride is.

I also like the navigation system a lot and just got my first free update DVD for it. I typically use the split screen display with the maps on one side and the XM program information on the other side.

My car has every available accessory, with the exception of the adaptive cruise control, which I intentionally excluded.

My wife has a new,loaded Lincoln MKZ, and she's had it in the shop several times for warranty repairs.
    In addition to reliability I would strongly suggest that you evaluate, drive and consider both Town Car and DTS for your next purchase. I like both cars and would not want to part with either one. A lot of this is a matter of personal taste. To pick one or the other without doing some serious evaluation of both might not serve your best interests. From what I've been able to learn about the Lincoln line up, Town Car is probably on average the most reliable. Some fleet owners have run these (T.C.) cars up to 500,000 miles.
    My car has been serviced. Here's the follow up:

- The seat belt guides on the B-pillar were installed incorrectly, which prevented any adjustment in their position. According to the service manager, they need to be installed and calibrated (?????) to ensure they are aligned properly on the B-pillar. He agreed this wasn't even checked before they sent the car home last time.
    - The passenger seat was somehow locked in the up position and the service reps released it and it works fine now. There was no need to remove/replace any parts on this one.
    - I pointed out the deep scratches from removing the driver's seat during the last repairs. The shop is ordering a new B-pillar cover and will call me when it arrives.
    - The tire wobble is still there, and I'll need to replace the tires to resolve it (at least I hope that resolves it). I've started shopping for replacement tires and am leaning toward Michelins.

During my frustration regarding these issues I started looking at other cars.....I was nearing the end of my tolerance level. I tried a Lincoln MKX, looked at a Ford Expedition, researched a Volvo S80. As I simmered down a bit, I again realized how much I like this Cadillac. I'm still hopeful this recent comedy of errors is a fluke...I don't want to get rid of the car, but I can't keep spending so much time on repairs.
    My 2002 Seville came with Michelins and I rotated them every 7-8000 miles. When I traded the car in at nearly 60,000 miles the wheels were still on the original factory balance, except for the one that had gone flat once.

So, I can recommend Michelin. I have also had Goodyear Eagles which have been good.
    Wanted to express my moral support for you in your time of frustration. I wish I knew for sure what to suggest, but think you need to contact Cadillac corporate if you have not done so already. Try writing to the President of Cadillac division if customer service fails you and if that fails write a letter to The chairman of GM (Rick Waggoner). Be sure to send by certified or registered mail with return receipt requested. Would also suggest you start investigating the lemon laws of your state to see if your car qualifies. In the meantime continue to work with the dealership and if you have not already done so request a meeting with the general manager or the dealership owner.
    While my electrical system problems have been a disappointment, they pale in comparison to the issues you have shared with us. Stay connected here as time permits and please feel free to ask for advice from other owners, some of us really care and want to be of positive assistance. Best wishes.
    It should be pointed out that Cadillac does not manufacture the tires and the tire warranty is covered by the tire manufacturer. Your Cadillac dealer may carry OEM replacements, but the issue here is: do you want good tires or free replacements.

It seems to me that robw64's service department is taking care of the mess that they made with the seat.
    Thanks - I'm going to buy a Program Car around March and am considering either a Performance or A Luxury II 2007. I want a ride similar to my Base model '03 Deville. I do not want a stiff "European" ride like a Mercedes regardless of how this may improve handling. My '03 is perfectly comfortable and I can drive it for days on the road without a back ache or handling problems. I'll have to drive both the Performance model and the Luxury II before deciding I guess. I don't need the extra power and don't want the gas mileage to suffer either. The '06 and '07 I understand get less gas mileage than my car.
  • beardiebeardie Member Posts: 44
    I have pretty much the same idea as you. I have a 2005 Lexus ES330 coming off lease in March.I've been unsatisfied with the car since I got it. Not enough leg room (I'm 6'1), bad transmission hesitation, and seats firmer than I like.I sat in a DTS the other day in a showroom and almost fell asleep! So much more leg room, and much plusher seats. I'm with you...I want a "Cadillac ride", not a firm European ride. My back doesn't do well with that kind of a ride. I'm not sure which model yet, but I definitely want Stabilitrack, so I guess the base model won't do. I would also think that by March, 08 program cars will be available. I wonder if the price would be that much more than the 07.
    Thank you for the words of support.

It's been more than a week and still no word from the local service department whether the b-pillar replacement has arrived.

I decided to bite the bullet and bought four new Pirelli tires today. They were (of course) computer balanced and aligned, etc. at the time of purchase. The vibration is still there.....no better, no worse, no change. It still feels like the wheels are loose whenever I reach highway speeds (62 mph or higher).

I called OnStar to request a vehicle diagnostic to see if there were any error codes regarding the self-leveling suspension or anything else. There were no error codes returned, although I'm not confident in that report, either....I had signed up for the remote vehicle diagnostic e-mail updates but my car can't transmit those for some reason, so I wonder how OnStar was able to get it 'on request'.

I gave in and called Cadillac Customer Support today. Of course, they want to refer me back to the same dealer who hasn't been able to fix the problem. I asked them to see if there is any other dealer in Central Florida who is the "suspension center". They need to open a case file and follow all steps in the process before they can refer me elsewhere. Unfortunately, all 3 Cadillac dealers around metro Orlando are owned by the same company, so I'll need to drive at least 25 miles to get it in to a service center outside of this local market monopoly.

An interesting point: I noticed that every body panel, door, and lid (trunk and engine) has a sticker for a toll-free body shop parts service. This seems strange to me, so I purchased a Car Fax vehicle history report to see if any prior damage had been recorded for the car even though I purchased it "new".....no prior history of damage/repair on the report. Anyone out there know if there is another way to check for prior damage on a vehicle? I hope this car wasn't damaged and then re-sold as new. It only had 190-ish miles on it when the local dealer brought it up from South Florida.

As of right now, I'm ready to drive this car into the lake. I don't know what else to do with it, and apparently the service department doesn't either. I hope Cadillac is able to offer some assistance.
  • gabby10gabby10 Member Posts: 32
    I think i go to your main full service DMV and see if there a trooper or a vehicle inspection rep and ask them if they can tell you how to tell if these are orginal parts or not , i found out when i traded my 99 jag that i order new had been damage on arrival they repaired it and never reported it to me how did i find that out the serial where not there , jag dealer had went out of bussiness . i think if your under your miles you can probably lemon law that car becuase of all your troubles with that vibration , check with dmv also or consumer affairs hope you have all paper work , also when talking to dealer all comments make note about on your paper work or even ask them to be kind enough to write that down , probably won't but worth a try good luck ,also the rims are the factory , or after market , possibly if after market dealer took them off a lease vehicle put on yours if you pick out s set of rims and they had these sitting there clean them up put them on , my point is the rim might be damage goods ,
    Thanks very much for the follow up. You absolutely need to take your car to a service dept. not owned by the same corporation. You might even need to take it to two separetly
    owned dealerships. I had to travel 65 miles each way to get a problem resolved so consider yourself lucky if you only
    travel half that distance. If you suggest the idea of another separately owned dealership to Cadillac customer service I think given
    the history of your problems with this car they will quickly agree. I would also have (Cadillac Customer Service) call the next dealership and explain the problem and then give you the name of the person to contact there. If Cadillac customer service acts as middle man for you in this process your chances of a good result will be much better. At this point it is important to keep Cadillac Customer Service involved as much as you can. I found a represenataive that took an interest in the problems I was having and he gave me his extension so I could get back in touch, this helped me resolve for the moment the electrical system issue I was having with my 2006 DTS. Hope my message is presented in comprehensible form, if you have further questions please present them here. And when you get the the problems resolved please post what the problems were and how you got them resolved. Best wishes.
    Each service department will have different people, so even though they are owned by one company, one of the three is bound to be best. I think that it is worthwhile to let the first dealer try to fix the problem while keeping Cadillac Customer Support in the loop.

It was my impression that this vibration problem was not always present from the time you first owned the car, but has become a problem recently, about the time you had 10,000 miles on the car. It is possible that one (or more) of the wheels is not round any more. The tire dealer (unless it was the Cadillac dealer) should have checked them, but if everyone was thinking that the OEM tires were the problem...
    Every year they seem to change the model designations and what comes with which model -Luxury II, III, Performance etc. I noted that base models don't have the tri-zone HVAC system anymore - just the front seat and passenger controls.
    The Luxury II for 2007 seems to offer everything I want. I'll drive the Performance - people on the forum say that it rides better but I'll see how firm it is. From what I've seen, the '08 is virtually identical to the '07 so I'll probably get an '07. It will be less expensive anyway.
    In 2006 the DTS trim levels were 1SB, 1SC, 1SD, and 1SE. For customers that translated to Luxury I, II, III and performance. For the 2007 model year, 1SB was considered base, with the 1SC downgraded to luxury I and 1SD to luxury II. Level 1SE continued on as the performance trim. For 2008 a new level has been added, 1SA, which is now base and a lower level trim than the 2007 base. However, we now have luxury levels I, II and III again, like they were in 2006. Standard equipment levels may be different though. If you are buying a used DTS, then you will get what the car came with. The only way to get the options you want is to order the car, or to hunt down one equipped like you want.

The performance model does get the magnetic shocks. The tires are performance 50 series tires, while the standard tires are 55 series, but not performance rated. The standard tires will be softer riding, but the mag shocks may soften the ride enough so that there is not much real difference. You need to try both out on a rough road.
    There were very few Perfomance program cars so says the dealer in Ft. Worth. Any Performance would probably be a lease return or from someone who buys a new car every year or two. There were plenty of 2007 Luxury II models, many with a sunroof so that is what I'll look for. I don't want a base model and the used price is not much different between a base model and a Luxury II.
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    I went to my local dealer to check out the 2008 CTS. Really liked the looks of the car. But it appears to have grown. Looked almost DTS size. So I glanced at a couple of DTS's in the showroom. Heaven help me but they were the Vogue models and I loved them. So I'm curious: Anyone else drawn to the CTS but ending up preferring the DTS? Why? I haven't driven either to date so sofar it's an esthetics thing....
    You are looking at the 1SD trim level, which is the top luxury trim. I am not sure how it is different from the lower levels, except that it does have more standard equipment. The performance DTS is not really a sport sedan, and I don't think it is worth much. While the magnetic shocks will soften the ride, replacing them is quite expensive.
    The new CTS is bigger than the old by being wider. But it is shorter than the STS by nearly half a foot, and more than a foot shorter than the DTS. I would have been interested in a wagon version of the CTS, but am not sure what Cadillac's plans are regarding a wagon. The SRX is the current Cadillac wagon, and a CTS wagon would probably reduce SRX sales, which are already weak. Or, a CTS wagon might not sell at all :confuse:
  • gabby10gabby10 Member Posts: 32
    I was in looking at STS , and really like that model but i just bit bullet and order a dts with performance package reason is just space , but it been on hold for tuscany seats and now the strike , hope that both sides can come to agreement soon and get this behind them , if you don't go woth dts take look at that sts in all wheel drive ,
    Thanks - That's good to know.
    I don't think you are hopeless at all but I would have looked for a current year used one. You could buy a second car for the depreciation on a new DTS when you drive it out of the showroom. I got burned enough on a new Impala. I'd hate to pay $50k for a DTS and discover that it is worth $25k a year later (trade in value - the dealer will sell it for $33k). Addionally, the warranty on a program car is better than that of a new one.
  • beardiebeardie Member Posts: 44
    Agreed on all accounts re. the second hand DTS, however, keep in mind that the warranty is better on the program car if and only if the car is Cadillac Certified. Dealers seem to charge whatever they can get for this certification, typically $1000-$1500. I can't help but feel this is a great rip-off, since most of what is being done involve checking. Finding a low mileage program car with certification is the key!
    Here is the latest on my '06 DTS Lux III: Still no word from Cadillac Customer Support and no word from the dealership regarding the replacement b-pillar cover.

I took the car to the local Firestone center where I had my previous vehicle serviced. I had an oil change, another rotate and balance, and an alignment. I also asked them to inspect the vehicle as if it was a used car I was considering purchasing. The service tech was there when I picked it up so I was able to speak with him directly. He sees nothing wrong with the wheels, the tires, or the alignment....everything checked out fine. His opinion is the shimmying is caused by either the transmission or the front drivetrain components, such as the bearings, bushings, etc.

Anyone have any opinions on this one? I'd like to think this is the solution.....it sounds plausible and I hope to point the Cadillac service techs in the right direction.

Thanks again to everyone who has shared their support and suggestions.....I truly appreciate the help.
  • jasper60103jasper60103 Member Posts: 22
    Robert:
    I'm just wondering if reviewing the TSBs would help? Sorry if this has been discussed already. I didn't read the entire thread.

I know there are TSBs regarding vibration issues on my 04 Deville. It may be worth looking at previous model years too. I would imagine the dealer has reviewed this info. Anyway, just a suggestion. I hope the problem is resolved soon.

http://www.diyautotech.com/technical_service_bulletins/

-jasper
  • joegodjoegod Member Posts: 13
    I recently purchased a 07 L-11 DTS. I have about 4000 miles on the vehicle and I could not be more satisfied. I enjoy driving it more each time I get in it. It has been trouble free, runs great on regular gas and gets many complements along the way. My brother in law was so impressed he went out and bought one just like it. I have owned a number of Cadillac's in the past, some not so great,
    however this is the best one of all.
    Since you have all new tires, and someone has checked the wheels/suspension for obvious problems, it makes sense that the problem is something else. Since this problem is new, something may have gone out of balance, but I am not sure how that could happen. But, perhaps the engine/transmission mounts are failing? The engine and transmission (transaxle) are mounted together.

The replacement b-pillar make take some time to get. My SRX had splash guards included with the original orded, but they did not come with the vehicle. So my dealer orded them in early May (so they said), but it was early September before they came (after I called the 800 number for Cadillac to ask how come they have been back ordered so long).

You need to keep after the service department on the shimmy problem - I assume that it is now bad enough for them to agree that it is really there.
    I received a voice mail from Cadillac Customer Support asking me to call my local dealer so they can do another ride along with me. They stated that a new service order dated within 30 days is required to initiate their involvement.

I called the service department on my way home from work and they (very graciously) agreed to allow me to bring the car in right away for a ride along. After a couple of remarks about that fact that I had replaced all four Continental tires (only one of which Cadillac had paid for), the service manager rode on the highway with me. He again declined to drive the vehicle; he has declined to drive it every time I've taken it....he rides shotgun only. I could feel the problem as plain as day, but he says he doesn't feel anything. He also states that the TSB's for the previous models don't apply to this one, and the suggestion from Firestone about drivetrain bearings/bushings/etc. doesn't make sense.

He asked me to bring the car back next Tuesday and leave it with him (after he closes out the month of September)so he can attach an electronic vibration monitor to it while he drives it himself.

Although I appreciate that he is willing to try, I'm frustrated that everyone in Central Florida can feel this driveability problem except the Cadillac service department.

I've put out price quote requests for a Lincoln MKX and a Chrysler Pacifica. Anyone want to buy a 2006 DTS Lux III with 17,000 miles on it?
    I could not resolve my electrical system problem with the first dealership but since the second dealership worked on it the car has performed as I would expect it should. Is the problem resolved, not long enough to say for sure but this is the longest period without problems since I bought the car.

MY POINT is that you need to STRONGLY consider taking the car to a different owned dealership. Sounds to me as if the one you are working with is just jerking you around. When the fellow rides "shotgun" only and then has the nerve to say he doesn't feel the problem it is time for you to change dealerships. Be sure to report this "SHOTGUN" business to Cadillac customer service as some strong communication is necessary between them and the offending dealership. The dealers can be pressured by Cadillac Corporate by withholding dealership incentives from dealerships that behave in this fashion.
    I think that the dealership has to be given a chance to fix the problem, that is to say, they need to have enough rope to hang themselves with first. It seems to me that if there is a vibration sensor that can be attached to the car to evaluate vibrations, this is something that should determine if there really is a problem. If one goes to another dealership to resolve a problem, then Cadillac does not have any real evidence that the first dealer is incompetent.
    I think that this is progess. If the vibration monitor does not show anything, I would want to see what it shows on a different DTS that you can drive which does not have the problem.
    That's what I did. It cost $1,000 for the certification back in 2004 but an extended warranty (GM Protection Plan) would have cost more. A lot was done by the dealer. I got four new Michelin tires (the car had 30,000 miles on it and was a year and two months old), they replaced the back seat cushion, and did the checks, oil change, air filter, etc. The car has been totally dependable thus far (I have 57,000 miles on it now). The certified cars are well worth it. I like the 6 year 100k warranty, mainly because it encourages me to keep the car that long. My experience with Cadillac is that unlike Chevrolet, warranty work is not a problem. Good luck griping about a wind noise with a Chevy.
  • john178john178 Member Posts: 48
    In response to some of the problems owners of the DTS have experienced, I have 15,000 miles on a 2006 DTS (bought new- Luxury II), and have not had the car in for any warranty work. It has absolutely been everything I had hoped for- my first and definitely not last Cadillac owned. The ride is as comfortable as any I've experienced. Handling is superb and quality throughout the cabin. All the latest safety features-having the ultrasonic parking assist in both front and back has been beneficial.
    Here's the latest:

I dropped off the car this morning (Tues 10/2) as requested and received a brand-new 2007 DTS as a loaner. The new one has no vibration at highway speed at all, but it only had 42 miles on it.

During the write up, the service advisor told me the replacement b-pillar cover was in stock and they would install it while the car was in their shop today.

Mid-afternoon, they called to tell me there is nothing detectable with my car and the torque force evaluation showed vibration within acceptable GM specs. Therefore, they are closing my case with Cadillac corporate. They also told me the b-pillar cover had been replaced.

At 5:00 pm I went to pick up the car. The service techs replaced the wrong b-pillar cover and somehow managed to screw up the seat belt guide on the driver's side (the same way it was screwed up 2 weeks ago when they replaced it.....wouldn't move up or down and the seat belt wouldn't extend). The service advisor was understandably flustered and went back in to check the service records. I was furious. I got in the car to just leave and couldn't even get the seat belt buckled. I turned the car around and the service advisor was running out to get me to talk with the service manager (the one who wouldn't drive the vehicle with me). He poked around the seat belt for a few minutes and determined he couldn't fix it on the spot so he asked me to leave the car with him overnight. I had already returned the loaner, so he went in to get the keys back for me.

At this point, the salesman who originally closed the deal came out to see what was going on. Rather than explain it, I told him I was just trying to get some interior work fixed.

The service manager was extremely apologetic and told me over and over how he appreciated my patience. I told him I just need him to make the car presentable enough to trade it in tomorrow. Although the car has depreciated horribly (trade in is now at only $28,500), I don't think I can take this much longer.

This has been an absolutely frustrating mess of an experience. But here's the comical note to all of this: the service advisor had the nerve to ask me to watch for the Cadillac Customer Service survey and make sure to give them the best possible ratings.
    Very disappointing to see that you are having all these problems. Cadillac corporate is the place to try to get help. As far as the satisfaction survey is concerned you need to check completely dissatisfied IF thats the way you feel about your experience. Be sure that the car is not in possession of current service department when you send in your survey. I would not take my car back to a dealership that treated me as you have described. Cadillac corporate personnel are varied in the quality of service they provide to owners with problems such as your self. I would keep calling until you find someone that shows the proper interest and concern for your cars problems, When you find someone that seems responsive to your problems get their extension and work with them as opposed to keep talking to the first person that answers the phone. Be sure to keep or reopen your file for the reasons you mention.
    I don't believe the dealership you've been working with is likely to resolve your problems particularly regarding the vibration. I think you will probably need to take your car to another dealership. Have Cadillac corporate call the second dealership to introduce you and describe your problem. After you have been introduced by Cadillac corporate you can call directly to arrange an appointment with them. Hope this helps, I want to stress again that you need another dealership to render a second opinion and hopefully fix the problem(s). Best wishes.
    I think that what you should do next is call the customer satisfaction number and explain that you dealer has done as much as they want to fix the problem. If you really want to dump the car, then I think the lemon law buy back should be pursued, otherwise you should pick a dealer outside the area where all the Cadillac dealers are under one ownership and have that dealer evaluate the vibration problem.

I would agree that you should fill out any evaluation survey and give them what they deserve. This service department does seem less than competent.

Have you had an independent tire dealer check out the vibration? And did they agree there is some vibration that shouldn't be there? At least you are now aware that a device exists to measure vibration (unless that was just a story). If I were you, I would want to see the results on a new car (the one you had as a loaner) and your car.
    I totally agree. I made the mistake with a 2000 Buick that had a faulty strut bushing of selling it after trying time after time to get it fixed under warranty. Everybody could hear the creaking noise but no one would fix it including the zone office. I therefore sold it and quit buying Buicks. I should have exercised the lemon law and so should robw64.. If necessary, hire a lawyer who I guarantee will provide an "expert" who will feel the vibration and sue the dealership. In any event the Lemon Law may be your best bet. Cadillacs have an awful depreciation and the Lemon Law would be more cost effective. By all means, fill out the evaluation honestly. Tell them that you will never buy another Cadillac and will never use that dealer because of your experience.
    Excellent advice, I wish to second your message. I already have the lemon law application from my state just in case. Hopefully the idea of another service department not controlled be the same one where robw64 bought the car as I suggested before would be a good prelude to the lemon law route. If vibration problem not resolved there than the lemon law option should be strongly considered. In my state the buyer has two and half years to exercise the lemon law, it does vary from sate to state. Cadillac also has a repurchase program which should be asked about if second service department fails to resolve the problem.
    Actually in my experience Cadillac is very generous with complaints. They fixed the wind noise in my '03 by installing the part that contained the rear quarter window which would have cost nearly $600 plus $400 labor if I'd bought it. They also replaced the radio when it caused CDs to skip. No discussion at all. The dealer contacted Cadillac and the dealer was reimbursed. I think that the problem is robw64's dealer. He should definately go elsewhere. It is either that or invoke the Lemon Law or call an attorney. He doesn't have other options except to sell the car and take a $25,000 loss while the service department gets off scot free.
    While I have no experience with lemon laws, I can say that it will take time to resolve a lemon dispute. Both parties will have to come to an agreement that there is a problem, which seems to be an issue in this case. Then the service people are supposed to try to fix it, which has already been done to some extent, with the current dealer saying there is no problem to fix.

I think the next step should be to talk with the Cadillac Satifaction 800 number and move on to another dealer. Perhaps an independent tire dealer should evaluate the car for vibration before traveling a long distance to another Cadillac dealer, to determine if someone with no real interest in the problem agrees there is a problem. The lemon law will require some independent evaluation of the car if there is a dispute over whether there is a problem.

The quickest (and most expensive) solution is to just trade the car for something else. However, there is no guarantee that the next car won't develop some new vexing problem with no solution. :sick:
    The latest on my 2006 DTS:

I picked it up on Thursday afternoon. The correct b-pillar cover had been replaced, but they again stated there is nothing wrong with the ride on the vehicle and they are closing the case with Cadillac. The service advisor then walked me over to the customer service survey chart (again) to explain to me that any response other than "outstanding" is comparable to a zero in Cadillac's eyes. I guess they'll be getting a zero, then.

Fortunately, the Cadillac rep I had been dealing with called and left me a voice mail that evening. I returned the call to state that the issue still exists and I am not satisfied with the resolution. We spoke again on Fridy evening and the rep advised me that Cadillac is willing to escalate to a regional service rep if I'll take the car back to the dealership. I flatly refused to take the car back to the same service center, so Cadillac agreed to let me take it to the dealership 22 miles north of here. I gave them a complete description of the vehicle inspection results at my local Firestone dealer, as well as a detailed description of my service experience at my local dealership.

I still like the vehicle.....it has most bells and whistles I've ever wanted or needed, except a sunroof because it takes up too much headroom. My first choice is to get it fixed and keep it for a long time. I'm not confident this will happen, though.
    You are proceeding in the right direction and need to persist as you have up to now, if it's in your personality get even more firm and aggressive keeping your polite and courteous demeanor as you have in your posts at this forum.
    I am continuing to have problems with my electrical system but not serious enough to spend more hours, days and weeks to resolve unless they get a lot worse. Sad to say this in all likelihood will be my last Cadillac. When the car works it's really a great car but I have had more problems with this car than my last five cars combined and it is the only car I ever bought new. The issue is not so much the attractiveness and performance of the car as it is Cadillacs inability to resolve problems quickly and efficiently when they occur and are reported. Responses from other DTS owners only will be appreciated.