Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DTS

1121314151618»

Comments

• kb7qxqkb7qxq Member Posts: 1
    I would sure appreciate a suggestion in fixing my remote start. Neither of my remote controls will start the vehicle. All other functions seem to be fine.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Have you already worked with your dealership towards getting this diagnosed? We're available to follow up on that, if you like!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • martypowersmartypowers Member Posts: 3
    At 50,700 miles the fuel pump failed - car would noty start. Had the fuel pump replaced by a local mechanic (dealer was far away) and 3 days later the fuse block which held the relay failed as the connection had overheaded from attempting to start the car many times.

I brought the parts and the bill ($800.00) to the dealer on Monday and had a check in the mail for the full amount of the repair on Friday.

That's excellent customer service. I love this car - my 3rd Caddy !!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning martypowers,

Thanks for posting - I'm so pleased that this situation worked out well for you. Has everything been repaired at this point?
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jcg20jcg20 Member Posts: 9
    I have a 07DTS,the factory windshield was not installed properly and it made s horrorific noise travelind on the Interstate,the dealer replaced the windshield,the new one not put in properly by the contractor,(NOISE),a third windshield was put in and the dealer showed me where the others failed,the hardened glue was uneven a left air slots at the bottom of the windshield.they messed up the wiper arms fixing the car.
  • mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    As I ease into my 60s, I'm thinking of a used DTS to ease the journey. A 3 year-old CPO is easily within my reach - but I'm wondering about M&R costs (I drive about 9000 miles a year). I know that Mercedes costs are insane, so I'm not even considering the brand. Is there any resource where I could get Cadillac costs? Please advise.
  • jcg20jcg20 Member Posts: 9
    buy a 460 LEXUS,you WILL be much happier.I have a DTS.
  • mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    thanks for the tip ;-)
  • wpsrwpsr Member Posts: 21
    We were hit on the driver side door by a 2003 1/2 ton extended cab Chevrolet pickup truck at 35 to 40 miles per hr., the driver was drunk and being pursued. He went into the center of the intersection with stop signs on all sides and hit me as I was turning left. There were several cars at the intersection taking their turns. The accident was a hit and run dui. They did catch him later. The side air did not go off, also Onstar did not go off. I had my cell phone in my pocket and called 911. We were transported to the hospital. I had a laceration to the head and my wife had 2 broken ribs. We were really shaken up , dazed and my wife was screaming for help.. Reported to General Motors, no explanation of the airbag failure yet (12-18-12). I have talked to at least 5 people at GM. Onstar said the Onstar help is not notified if the air bags do not go off. We had no dashboard warnings about the air bags. All of our monthly Onstar reports have had no problems reported. TO THE FORM MEMBERS: SEE IF GM CAN VERIFY YOUR AIRBAGS ARE WORKING. THEY ARE LIFE SAVERS, WE JUST GOT LUCKY SO FAR. The car was a total loss, it only had 51559 miles on it.
    01-12-13 - I received 21 page technical report from GM. This is a readout of my DTS computer at the time of the accident. The report will be read by GM and presented in a format that will make sense to the average person. As soon as I get it I will post it on the forum. I am okay, my wife still has plenty of pain. She had 2 broken ribs and cracked sternum (breastbone).
    wps - Bill
  • ludloludlo Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for your wreck. Sounds just like ours. 2006 DTS T-boned into drivers door. Truck cut through traffic and I never saw him until the grill of a 3/4 ton Dodge was in my lap. I was OK but my wife also broke her sternum and was beaten up in the chest area pretty badly. NO AIR BAG at all !!!!! Either side. Nor steering wheel. About $9000. worth of damage. Didn't bother with GM. They are famous for not acknowledging any faults. The other driver was fully insured fortunately and picked up the whole tab. I no longer subscribed to ON Star so didn't bother with them either. Would like to see your follow up with this. Our wreck was in Oct 2012. Thanks.
    01-13-13 - ludlo - I am sorry to hear about your accident also, sure sounds similar. I hope your wife is better, it takes a long time. My wife is still suffering plenty, it has been one month and 10 days now.. We will see what GM has to say about it, the car was totaled. Air bag failures seem to be common with most all makes. I felt all warm and fuzzy with Onstar until this happened, sure glad my cell phone was in my pocket. Onstar needs their own sensors and not depend on or blame the car manufacture. A lot of bucks for airbags and Onstar for what. We will not have Onstar again. Same thing with me the 1/2 ton truck it was in my lap, no way to see it coming. wpsr - Bill
    02-03-13 - Report from GM: Their answer is the impact was not enough to set off the side airbag. They did not give us an interoperation of the readout from the black box, just 21 pages of gibberish. Hard to hear that when you can remember being dazed, bleeding and my wife screaming in pain, she spent the night in the hospital. We were hit at 35 to 40 miles per hour on my door by a 2003 1/2 ton extended cab Chevrolet pickup truck (DUI hit and run, they did catch the driver later). Both vehicles were totaled, 9000 pounds of scrap steel. Onstar was not notified because the airbag did not go off, so it was useless to us. One thing, if you do some research, there are a lot of airbag failures on most all vehicle brands. One is on www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov site, the DTS was completely destroyed, no airbags deployed. Hopefully the manufactures will get the airbags working better. It is a finite setting, you don't want them going off with a small impact, we were hit hard. wpsr - Bill
  • wesleycwesleyc Member Posts: 1
    I am searching for shocks and struts that will make my DTS ride like a Buick Park Avenue. It rides like a empty gravel truck.
    Any body Know about Bilstien shocks and struts?
    wesleyc
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    Years ago, Bilstein was considered a fine shock absorber, often used on foreign cars like Mercedes, but what they would do for your DTS I do not know...