Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Verona

Comments

• mm9351mm9351 Member Posts: 72
    From your post, I suspect that you are confused by the OFF button. This is NOT the "Auto-Off" button! It is the SYSTEM OFF button; it shuts off the climate control system completely. When you press the OFF button, the display still shows the temperature, but the fan blower is off. You can then manually control the fan speed and air mode. This is true manual mode. When you press AUTO, all you need to do is dial in the desired temperature, then the control system does the rest: it automatically adjusts fan speed and opens / closes dampers to maintain interior temperature. For more economical operation, you can press the A/C button to turn off the "snowflake" indicator, that will shut off the compressor. This is not recommended for defrost, please note you need to have the compressor on for the front defrosters to work properly. Hope this helps.
  • lawson1927lawson1927 Member Posts: 4
    My confusion is as follows:

With AUTO off (as you say, the system is off and therefore in "manual" mode), you can still rotate the main control and change the temperature up or down on the LCD display. Turning the temp up will output more heat, and turning the temp down will produce cooler air (Again, AUTO is OFF). So it seems to me that something is working in the car to "meet" or "reach" the manually set temp, though maybe not as sophisticated as the "AUTO" or SYSTEM ON setting.
    Therefore, it seems to me that I really do not know the actual internal temperature, only what is desired by the manual or AUTO setting.

Thank you again for taking the time to entertain my ingorance!
    Lawson: I don't think you quite understand the difference between AUTO and MANUAL and OFF. Pressing the OFF button does not mean that you are in MANUAL mode. The temp display you are looking at is merely the setpoint, not actual cabin temperature. It displays ALL THE TIME, whether or not the system is on or off.

Let me try to explain it another way. Press the AUTO button and dial in the temperature, say 80 degrees on a cold morning. The blower will automatically turn on and dampers will open and close as needed to get the cabin to 80 degrees. (The control system is designed not to blow cold air until the engine warms up, so the blower will not go to max right away). Since the cabin is really at something like 30 degrees, the control system looks at the difference between the actual and setpoint temperatures, and the blower will go to max speed. As the cabin warms up, the blower speed will diminish. This is known as proportional control. If you OVER-RIDE the AUTO setting, by manually adjusting the blower and / or MODE, note that the AUTO indicator will go off: NOW you are truly in MANUAL.

Again, when the system OFF, the blower is also OFF, you are NOT in manual. Dialing in a temperature when the system is OFF does absolutely nothing!!!

I hope that this clarifies the operation of the climate control system. Anybody else care to comment?
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    Can anyone tell me where the cabin air filter is located and how much of a job it is to change it? I have searched the owner's manual and just cannot seem to even find the location, much less how to change it. Thanks in advance for info.
  • veronaownerveronaowner Member Posts: 88
    Check page 3-20 and 3-21 of the owners manual.
    1. Raise the hood
    2. Peel back the hood weatherstrip from the
    passenger's side of the vehicle halfway to center.
    3. Remove the three (3) clips and the access panel
    ( black plastic cover )
    4. Remove the old passenger compartment air filter.
    5. Then reverse the steps to install the new air filter.

A WIX cabin filter Part # 24906 is about $20.00 available from NAPA Auto Parts.
    Hope this helps,
    Ken...... Veronaowner
    Found the paper work where I purchased the Cabin air filter on 11/08/05 from NAPA and the NAPA # is 4906 and cost was $23.39. Also purchased a Air intake filter
    NAPA # 2838, and cost was $14.29. Both items are easily installed.
    Hope this helps,
    Ken......Veronaowner
    Thanks for the info. I've had the filter for about 2 months but have never gotten around to installing it. With your info, maybe I'll get around to doing it now. Thanks again.
    By the way, I got a front end bra from BuyAutomotive.com. Looks great. You other owners should consider it.
  • rasuprasup Member Posts: 136
    Hi,
    I found this link on the web. Could this be the 2007 Verona?. Comments??
    http://www.auto-report.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1268&
  • pizardpizard Member Posts: 45
    I have had my Verona EX for just over 1.5 years. Some of the engine hesitation problems have been correct and the shop fixed a leaking gasket.

Recently, the rubber on the door pull on the passenger door and on the door opener on the driver side has started peeling off. On the driver door, there is a worn spot on the leather. I've also got to take it in because of belt squeaking when it's cold out until the engine has warmed up.

Anyone else having this interior issues? I don't expect these kind of issues on a car thats less than 2 years old.

Thanks
    Yes,it definitely looks like a Verona from the side view. It looks pretty good to me. The interior really seems to have been upgraded from the currentVerona. Now I wish they would offer a few more color choices, especially for the interior. I really love my car, but I have to say I am sick of gray interior. A tan leather would be nice. As I said previously,I will try to purchase another one. Does anyone know when they will be out?
    I have tan leather interior. The dash is dark brown at the top and tan on the bottom with tain chairs and the doors have dark and light tan leather trimming.

I had lots of cars with gray interior so I can completely understand and was happy to get the tan interior.
    Pizard, Are we talking about a Verona here? I've seen the color charts at least for 2004 models and the gray is the only interior color offered.
  • paulina1paulina1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

I have purchasted a verona 2004 and every thing doing fine with the car.But the engine is making a noise like valve ticking but very rough and when rpm encrease noise go.Everywhere i go they are asking me about that awful noise and bysides its make the car look like an diesel one.

any help please.
    I had the same noise a cuuple of months ago. The end solution was a cylinder head replacement at no cost since it was still under warranty. Now it is as quiet and smooth as it was new, maybe even better. It was in the shop a couple of weeks,but they gave me a rental so it was not so bad.
    Yes, it is a 2004 Model, bought it in May 2004. I dont recall if I mentioned but it's the leather interior.

Heres a link with a picture, click on the picture to enlarge the interior.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/research/index.cfm/action/showarticle/AID/13870- - 2
    Hi,

Can you give me email of the dealer or the manager who help you out with this problem.I don't know if it will work in my case becuase i'm not in the US.

thanks,
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Sorry, we can't allow any personal contact information to be posted.
    Hi Pat,

I can understand that,sorry about it.

thanks
    Instead of replacing the hole head unit,does anybody figured out what the parts that are damage or what cause that noise.

thanks
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    :)
    Anyone need to swap out their wiper blades yet? This past winter my blades "froze" to the windshield, and when they were freed, the rubber separated from the base. In case you haven't noticed, I suggest you inspect the blades!

FYI, the Verona takes the "narrow" replacement insert, 22" on the driver side, 20" on the passenger side. Decided to keep the original equipment wiper arms. Installation took a few minutes.

Hey, this board has gone silent for almost a month!
    Changed mine out (04 Verona purchased in Oct 03)after
    27 months. The blades were streaking the windshield and that is the reason.
    Ken, Veronaowner
  • gtsfirefightergtsfirefighter Member Posts: 13
    I am more pleased with our 05 Verona now finally. Still not terribly happy with the cruise control and how the transmission seems to get confused at lower speeds but took it on it's first road trip and was happy with it's performance. Got 31.5 mpg going down I-35 in Texas. Best mileage I've gotten in it since we bought it. It now has 13800 miles on it. Does anyone else think the stereo could sound better? I really enjoy how smooth the inline six cylinder is but wish it had more power. It seems to have enough get up and go though.
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Member Posts: 210
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060316/ap_on_bi_ge/skorea_gm_daewoo_1
    My predictions are finally coming true. One of 8 cars sold by GM last year was a Daewoo built vehicle. Sooner or later All America will be driving rebadged daewoos. That is if GM does not go belly up very soon :)
  • jweadonjweadon Member Posts: 4
    You may have had good luck but I have had our car for 8 months and no one can fix the car. Around town there is no problem but if you go on the express way and run at 60 MPH for about 10 miles the valve begin knocking you have to pull off the express way and drive for about 5 miles at speed under 40 MPH and finally the noise quiets.
    Go back to the express way and it starts again, this car have been in and out of the shop every month plus and there hasn't been anyone who can find the problem. The Suzuki rep for my area has been able to get information as to what to do either. I only have 12K on the car bought new with 14 miles and has done this from the day I bought it. If buy chance you know of a mechanic that knows something about the inline 6 please send their name and number so I can ask them how to fix this.
    Thanks
    If anyone has had luck finding someone that knows how to adjust the oil pressure for the verona to stop the valve tapping please let me know. Around town there is never a problem but once you go onto the express way and drive at 60 MPH for approximately 10 miles the valve begin to tap very loudly. You have to exit and drive slow for about 5 miles before the sound go away. It always does the same thing at the same approximate time.
    I bought the car new 14 miles and we have 12K now and this car has been back to the dealer every month and we have call CA. and they haven't been able to get us help.
    Anyone who know anything that will help please let me know.
    What is the TSB and what does it control, my car 04 verona is fine around town but after 10 miles on expressway the tapping sound gets really loud.
    Would the adjustment of this TSB fix the problem and do you know where it is, the mechanic here don't know how to fix Suzuki's. I been dealing with King and today they told me not to bring the car back because they can't help.
    They are the Suzuki dealer here in Deerfield, FL.
    To help sove the problem please tell us the viscosity grade of the motor oil you are currently using / have used/ since you owned the car. Thanks.
  • kimweigelkimweigel Member Posts: 43
    TSB is not a part on the car. TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin which auto manufacturers send out to their dealers/mechanics. It details a problem specific to a make and model of car, and how to repair that problem. You can look up the Verona's TSB's on Edmunds.com.
    If the problem really is your valve lifters, you may need an engine overhaul or exchange. If the Suzuki dealer you are going to gives you no satisfaction, you should try taking it to another one, preferably the biggest one around.
    You may have to just drive it until the motor blows up, when they will have to fix it under warranty.
  • pciro2180pciro2180 Member Posts: 43
    I have posted on this board before, for numerous problems with my car from the stalling issue in 04 to the head on the car being replaced because of knocking. But the last straw for me was this past week, after telling numerous dealers for a year now that this car was idle surging at 40 mph, as well as jerking a little when taking my foot of the brake at stoplights, the engine light came on while I was on the highway, I got off on an exit and during deceleration, the RPM's spiked to 5000 RPM and almost put me into the back of a semi-truck. Now that I have 38,000 mile on the car, of course it is not covered, even though I told the idiots that there was something wrong with the car, but they always responded, HMMM can't find anything wrong with it since their is no engine light, and this is the same issue I had in August when the head had to be replaced. They found the Throttle body was bad and charged me almost 500.00 to get it fixed!!! I am getting rid of this car very soon, it has been a nightmare, in service every month for something else, radio controls, etc... The dealer I also brought it to when it was under warranty, i needed the light bulb replace behind the fan contol 1-4 knob. The idiot tech took it apart, repalced it, and put it back together, I picked it up and had no heat on the way home, took it back and he took it apart again, and found that the cable behind the hot/cold knob had broken, so he ordered it. The dealer did not have a tech until just a week ago, now I am at 38,000 miles, instead of 34,500 I was at when I brought it in, they had temporaily superglued the cable to the knob so I would get heat(great QC, right)! They replaced it and then charged me 104.00 for it because I am out of warranty! I told him he was full of crap, that none of this is my fault, I came in to get a light bulb replaced under warranty and their tech broke the cable. Service manager Tony Rinalo at Ron Tirapelli in Shorewood, Illinois (815) 725-3033 had the nerve to tell me that his tech did not break the cable, and I said then who the hell broke it, it sure the hell was not me!!! he said Suzuki would not cover it, and I told him again he was full of it and he was just ripping me off. If this is the way that service managers and Suzuki techs are going to act and not take resonsibity for their actions, this is very sad now that I have to fight to get the money back.
    According to a Suzuki dealership here in Illinois, The verona will no longer be made after 2006 or 2007. Last week Suzuki bought back 17 out of the 20% of Stock that GM had possesed. The other 3% is rumored to be being bought by Toyota, Completely negating the GM/Suzuki/Daewoo partnership. The amount of problems that Suzuki has had with the Verona, has they steaming with the GMDAT portion of GM and they are as fed up as some of us Verona owners.
    Prediction: In a year or two,Suzuki will come out with a new, improved Verona, just like they came out with the new, improved Grand Vitara. They may or may not change the name. If they put decent engine control electronics, and a modern japanese automatic tranny in it, I think the car will be transformed. Acceleration and mileage would go up. All the rest is spot on, especially the interior. I've always felt there is good power in that motor, it's just getting sucked up by the transmission. The build quality and feature content is there. I wouldn't turn my nose up at softer leather, and I don't think anybody would miss the alarm "chirp", but other than those issues, it is a pretty nice car for the money.
    Take it to them and drive the car for a while and then get off the highway and make the tech listen. This is what I had to do finally after almost a year the replaced the head in the car. This is a know problem on the 04 Veronas, Suzuki remanufactured the heads with new parts, but they will not put out a recall becuase they don't want to deal with all of the veronas with the problem. They handle it on a case by case basis, that is what mine is. If I were you I would call Suzuki ustomer relations at 800-934-0934 and complain to get the district manager of that dealer involved, because these dealers push us owners around like we are dog crap, just read my long post a couple up from this one, and you can see. I called Suzuki about the things in that post, and they are reviewing them. Good Luck, and make sure you get a rental car, it took them two weeks to get my part in and have it replaced.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    "Prediction: In a year or two,Suzuki will come out with a new, improved Verona, just like they came out with the new, improved Grand Vitara. They may or may not change the name."

The bottom line is that Suzuki makes pretty good cars, and GM saddled them with this Korean piece of Junk called the Verona. Now that GM is backing away from Suzuki, they (Suzuki) will drop this car like a lead balloon. In a sign of good will they should give all Verona owners credit for any GM or Suzuki car. You spend 12K to 20K on a Verona and end up with a piece of Junk 15,000 or 20,000 miles later that needs either a valve job or a whole new motor.

GM deserves to go bankrupt being involved with cars like this!

I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL OF YOU VERONA OWNERS. Even if you got a "good one," a used Verona will be essentially worthless!
    I have taken the car back in today 3/28 and a factory rep is to be there. I called CA. and filed a complaint the next thing will be to begin filing a lemon law case.
    All the dealers here all say the same thing, they don't have anyone who can work on this car. Do you know if the replacement engine works any better? Because if the lemon law doesn't work then the next thing is just drive it until if quiets.
    "All the dealers here all say the same thing, they don't have anyone who can work on this car."

I believe their (the dealers) franchise agreement will state they need to support these cars. I would ask whoever said this if it would be alright for you to quote them in your next phone call or registered letter to Suzuki.
    http://chevy.mrmax.dp.ua/EN/documents/Evanda/start_Evanda.html

The above link is a service manual from the Evanda Chevrolet model sold in Germany, go to Chevrolet.de to see the Evanda, so a total of four countries have this car, I wonder how many problems they are having in Canada and Germany with these cars. Anyways, this link is for those of us like me who are already past 36,000 miles and like me have dumped money at the dealer to get this stupid car fixed. i would rather do the work myself than pay crazy labor charges. Hope this helps.
    I finally figured out how to get rid of the annoying "chirp" you get when you lock or unlock the car. :mad:
    Thanks to pciro2180 who posted the link to the service manual. ;)

After looking at the service manual, I found the SIREN which is located under the hood, out of sight, almost directly below the battery. It is a round, black shape, about the size of a small can of peas. To see it, you must remove the air filter intake. This is a black plastic box with a foam ring around the mouth that sits right on top of the radiator, and is held on by two Phillips head screws. It is very easy to remove, and once you have done so, you can see the SIREN, down below the battery. This is the siren for the alarm, which chirps once for lock, and twice for un - lock.
    Let the buyer beware, by disconnecting this siren, the car no longer wails when the alarm is triggered, but the lights still flash. Are you willing to risk silencing your alarm to disable your chirp? That's up to you.
    Anyway, the siren is fed by a 2 wire cable that goes to a connector just behind the driver's headlight, almost dead center with the short side of the battery. The connector is round on the outside, the connection is oval on the inside, with a red and yellow wire. There is a rectangular black plastic tab on the outside of the connector that must be pushed in to pull the connector apart.
    Once the connector is apart, try your key buttons. The chirp should be gone. Try your alarm. Roll down a window, take out the keys, and lock your car remotely. Reach in the open window, pull up the lock, and open the door from outside. The alarm should trigger, with flashing lights only. :P
    If you don't want to give up the alarm, you may be able to tone down the siren with duct tape over some or all of the openings that the sound comes out of. A quieter chirp, however, will also mean a quieter alarm! :confuse:
    Good luck, and happy motoring! :)
  • robertson2robertson2 Member Posts: 6
    I bought my Verona in January of '04, so I've had it for a little over two years now. I am thoroughly disappointed with the car and the service that suzuki dealers and customer service has offered me. From the beginning....the first problem I had with the car was a little after two months of owning it. I was traveling down I-95 from Pittsburgh, PA to Richmond, VA when all of the sudden all power to the engine was gone. I was stranded on a six lane highway and could not move! I had the car towed to a dealer near Richmond. The answer they gave me was that I was using the wrong octane fuel!! C'mon now, how dumb did they think I was??? I then experienced the engine losing power again driving back to Pittsburgh. So I took it to the dealer I purchased the car from in Latrobe, PA. They correctly diagnosed the problem as a bad fuel pump and replaced it. Now some two years and 59,000 miles later I experience more problems....note plural! The steering wheel radio controls are crazy and do everything but what they are intened to do. And the wheel bearings!! I had a right front bearing go bad in november...took it to the dealer to have it looked at. They said that because my right front fender was dented the wheel bearing was damaged from that. My car was seriously BUMPED into and put a dent in the fender. I'm sorry, but that will not cause a wheel bearing to go bad. So I ended up paying almost $400 to have the bearing replaced. It has now been almost five months later and I have another annoying sound develope while driving. I automatically know its the wheel bearing from hearing the sound before. Incidentally, the bearing caused the engine light to come on and the ABS to stop working. I truck the car to the dealer yet again. And AGAIN they tell me its from the fender damage on the right front. This time I end up having to pay $97 to have the problem diagnosed and $35 for a rental car. Now explain to me how right front fender damage can cause a left front wheel bearing to go bad??? Suzuki customer service has not heard the last of me. I have documented proof from my insurance comapany at the time of the accident that the only damage sustained by my vehicle was the minor dent in the fender!! I will prevail if its the last thing I do! Thank you for reading my novel of complaints ;)
    I forgot to mention on my last rant....the annoying hesitation and sometimes jumping of the transmission when slowing down for a red light that turns green and reaccelerating! And the sometimes hesitant acceleration when first starting up my car in the morning. Just two more problems I am very unpleased with. I have owned many cars in the past and have experienced none of these problems with any of them!
    Sorry to learn about your car troubles. You will read this board and find other unhappy owners. But to help keep things in perspective, I have a few questions. First, on your trip to Richmond did the dealer perform any service? Did the symptoms simply disappear with the dealer reporting improper octane? That diagnosis is unacceptable; the Verona is designed for 87 octane and unless you put in something less than 85 (is that even available?) My instincts tell me that maybe you somehow obtained contaminated / dirty fuel e.g. I once filled up at a gas station that by mistake poured DIESEL into their gasoline tanks! My car never ran properly after that! The contaminated fuel may have contributed to the early demise of the fuel pump. Again, just trying to help understand the root cause. You have your car approx. 2 years, right? This sounds like a "high mileage" vehicle as you're averaging roughly 30K miles annually, which is about 2+ times the national average. Having a few mishaps in 60K miles is really not unusual for ANY automobile! Also you indicated one or more minor accidents which may or may not have contributed to the wheel bearing failure. Do you travel near ocean climates or have driven in flooded areas? This might be more likely the root cause. Finally, there is a TSB for the erratic radio controls and hesitation; they are well documented. To ease your pain, check out other nightmare stories on forums for much more expensive automobiles. You may come away feeling better about the whole ordeal.
    "To ease your pain, check out other nightmare stories on forums for much more expensive automobiles. You may come away feeling better about the whole ordeal."

IT'S THE NUMBERS OF PROBLEMS BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF CARS SOLD.

VERONA IS A VERY, VERY, LOW NUMBER VEHICLE. AND YET MANY OWNERS REPORT PROBLEMS........
  • gtsfirefightergtsfirefighter Member Posts: 13
    I have a 2005 and have had no problems. There are some quirks about the car I don't care for but nothing needing repair. I have about 16k miles. Which year model is everyone having the most troubles with? The 04 models are the most I see posted about. Anyone having troubles with 05's or 06's?
    Just curious
  • lermatingerlermatinger Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I bought our Suzuki Verona brand new in March 04. The car has had some issues along the way, we had to get a completely new transmission just two months into it, then the steering wheel controls never worked properly. Not fun stuff, but by no means the end of the world. THEN, in early December of last year, the car began to stall on me. The first time in the shop they re flashed the ECM or whatever the TSB said to do at the time. It didn't fix it. Numerous times in the shop over the course of Jan, Feb and March of this year, were even more frustrating because the dealership couldn't recreate the problem (or perhaps chose not to) and since Suzuki claims they will not give you a rental till its "diagnosed" that has meant me without a car, borrowing friends/relatives cars or getting a ride from someone. Very, very frustrating. The techs would tell me that they drove it home, etc. Then finally in desperation, my husband had it towed to a ST. Pete dealership, where we originally bought it (we had moved to Tampa since) and thank goodness they had it stall on them. they said the sensor in the head gasket was soaked with oil, so they replaced it. Then I got it back and it was leaking oil and stalling again, this time on a major highway with me, my husband and my three year old daughter in the car with a motor home barrelling up behind us. We are okay, we didn't wreck, but the problem, is that this car has stalled on me so many times, in so many situations that I'm waiting for the one time that it will stall and I will get in an accident. We cannot afford a rental car, we are just trying to pay the car payment as it is monthly. We are trying to proceed with getting the vehicle lemon - lawed, and hopefully that will work, however, that means a few more months of trying to figure out what to do about a vehicle. Calling Suzuki of America has done me zero good...and truth be told, we are upside down in the car and cannot get financed to get out from under it, and I'm not entirely broken hearted about that because I wouldn't want someone else to get stuck with this thing. But in the meantime, I'm praying that we can just get out from under this car and move on with our lives. If anyone has any guidance or pearls of wisdom, I would be grateful. I cannot tell you how much emotional duress this car has caused me and my family, so it is with desperation that I am reaching out to anyone that might know anything. We are in the very early stages of the lemon law process, I've been told this has to be done before my 26 months of owning the car is up. And from what I am gathering both from this forum and my personal experience in dealing with Suzuki of America, it will be quite the battle.
    I am very, very sorry for your pain. I can feel it in your post.

ARE YOU LISTENING GM AND SUZUKI??

GIVE EVERYONE FULL CREDIT FOR ANOTHER GM OR SUZUKI PRODUCT!!

do the right thing!!
  • polonezpolonez Member Posts: 2
    Hi!
    The Evanda sold in Europe have a 2.0 liter engine (The some engine Suzuki Forenza in USA) with manual transmission (automatic is an option).
    I ve a 2006 Chevrolet Evanda and for the moment i ve any problem.
    THE Evanda/Verona is no more made, they stop production in december 2005. GMDAT start the production of the new EVANDA that you can buy in Europe from July 2006, GMDAT decide to change name from EVANDA to EPICA, from july 2006 you can find the new Epica with 2.0l engine, 2.5l (nobody buy in Europe this kind on engine because petrol is too expensive), and in 2007 with diesel engine
    http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/news,view.spy?artid=53307&pg=1

Looks nice, but in North America it looks like they are keeping the inline six. Why would they do that with the head problems and ECM unit troubles they have had? Makes no sense to me! Well, now that I think of it - the way the motor layout is, the only other thing that would fit would be a 4 cylinder motor, which would be too small for American tastes.
    Anyways, I posted on here about two weeks ago (although I'm not seeing my old post anywhere) about some problems with my Verona. Some things I forgot to mention was that its an '04 and it has about 60,000 mi. on it! From everthing I've read thats about the most miles I've seen on a Verona so far. I do quite a bit of traveling. I'm from pittsburgh and travel back and forth to Baltimore at least once or twice per month (used to be Richmond, VA before that). But to the point. I had posted about the problems with my wheel bearings. First the right front back in Nov. and then the left front in March. I was home visiting last week and took my car to the dealer there in Blairsville, PA. I had previously taken it to two local dealers near my apt in Baltimore. Both dealers said that the "suzuki district manager" would not allow the bearing to be replaced under the 7/100 because there was a dent in my right front fender, which just happened to be caused by getting backed into in a parking lot. Surely not enough to damage one let alone two front wheel bearings. The dealer back in PA replaced the bearing no questions asked and even told me there is no way it was damaged from the fender dent. Soooo, I guess it just depends on where you take these things to have them fixed. I am definitely writing to suzuki again and demanding a refund. I put out about $600 for diagnosis, rental cars, and paying for the right wheel bearing just because the noise pissed me off so much I could no longer take it. I'm not getting my hopes up for any kind of refunds, but you can always dream!