Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Verona

Comments

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    More then likely the missing features like the dimmer switch controlled dome light and auto fold-in mirror button are available only in other markets. Look to see if these features are mentioned in the manual as "if equipped".
  • hschehsche Member Posts: 9
    Rasup and Veronaowner;

I am located on the east coast. I don't think my salesperson was very knowledgeable, the dealer had only sold 5 verona's before mine. I also went in on the 26th and the dealership was empty save this one salesperson. I had pre-researched the vehicle through this message board and others and found that i could get the most for my money here. I really love it. Actually drove it at night for the first time last night. Love the luminescent? dash.

I contacted suzuki customer service regarding the power fold away mirrors and interior lights, but they weren't much help. they speculated that maybe the power fold away mirrors are available in other countries. she was not sure though. suggested i call back after the holidays.

I did not know about the whiplash headrests mentioned by rctennis3811. Is this right?
    happy holidays to all and safe driving.
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    HELLO FELLOW VERONA OWNERS. AS I MENTIONED IN AN EARLIER POST, I AM VERY GLAD THAT I CHOSE THE VERONA OVER THE MALIBU.. I HAVE AN EX WITH 351 MILES ON IT AND I ONLY GET COMPLIMENTS ON THE LOOKS AND DRIVE OF THIS CAR. IT LOOKS SHARP IN BLACK, AND PEOPLE MISTAKE THE FRONT FOR A JAG SOMETIMES. THE ONLY DOWNFALL IS THAT I COULDN'T GET ONE WITH TRACTION CONTROL.MY DEALER LOOKED ALL OVER LONG ISLAND, AND NONE WERE TO BE FOUND.LOVED TRACTION CONTROL IN MY SATURN L200. DO ANY OF YOU HAVE TRACTION CONTROL.OTHERWISE...OH WHAT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rasuprasup Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations on your new purchase of Verona. Did you test drive the Malibu 2004?. How does the Verona feel as compared to the Saturn L200?. As far as fold away mirrors and dome light , are these important?. Can anyone tell us the benefit of these features?. I agree with hsche that any ambiguity between the user manual and whats sold should be explained by the dealer.
    What kind of wax is best for Dark colors..I have a monarch blue Verona. Can anyforum member give opinion on the Cargo Net and Liners sold as accessories for the Verona?. Are they useful?. has anyone used them?. Where do you get them online at reasonable rates?

Happy New Year to all.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    I've found that cargo nets are very useful. They keep coke boxes and like sized boxes from sliding around and annoying you with the thumps and bangs. They keep tender items from being squashed or broken. They also provide another surprise use: if you are by yourself or with someone who refuses to hold a takeout box of food (or simply don't want to risk spilling it in your new interior), you can place it in the cargo net and it will hold it upright and keep it from being tipped over. For $25 or so, it's a must have accessory and I make sure I get one for each new car I buy.

As for discount pricing, you can look online for a discount dealer. I found one that sells accessories for my 03 Diamante for considerably less then my local dealer (example: dealer wanted $156 for a set of mudguards, the website only wanted $80, and I got the cargo net for $17 instead of $25). Just do a search for Suzuki accessories. To be honest though, it's hard to find parts for Suzukis and with the Verona being so new, you may run into even more problems. But its worth a try to save some money.
    NEVER TEST DROVE THE MALIBU,BUT AT 25,700 I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER PRICED AND I HAVE THE SAME OPTIONS EXCEPT ENGINE IN THE VERONA. THE SATURN L200 WAS A GREAT CAR, AND I CONSIDERED LEASING A NEW ONE,BUT LOVED THE VERONA. FOLD AWAY MIRRORS AND DOME LIGHT ARE NOT IMPORTANT...LOVE THE BLACK COLOR!!!!
    Thanks Ingtonge18 for the valuable info. Do you know any web sites for the same?. I went online and found no site as economical as the manuf. site.
    Rctennis did you have a test drive?. What were your experiences?.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hey carrino? Why don't you take your caps lock off. Your messages will be much easier to read. I'm sure this is not what you meant, but most times all caps is interpreted as shouting.

:-)
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    Sadly, I didn't have a test drive today when I took the XL7 for service. I got too caught up talking to one of the upper sales guys. He said he knew nothing of the upcoming Reno, I had to fill him in. He did tell me that Suzuki did stop the Vitara V6 production this month as it will be discontinued for 05. In the third and fourth quarter of 2004, Suzuki will introduce a 5-door "coupe" (actually a crossover, and he didn't know why Suzuki said coupe) and another model that I forgot about. Eventually (he didn't know when), the Grand Vitara will be discontinued, the XL7 will be restyled or redesigned keeping the same name..but will take the place as the smallest SUV replacing the GV, and a new TrailBlazer-sidez SUV will arrive. Also, Suzuki e-mailed them that there will be an upcoming 2-door coupe. Sorry to get off topic, but it's just some information people might like. :)

Back to the Verona:
    I liked the overall feel when I started the ignition in the showroom. The stereo is great for the price, and the seats are comfortable. Love the dashboard and the wood seems very upscale..even Lexuslike. Overall, I'd want anyone to buy a new Verona!!
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    you actually dont have all the same options as the Malibu, which offers the remote starter, the traction control you spoke of... and the side curtains you can't even get on a Verona. Plus the whole power/handling/economy... but thats a different story.

I just feel its unwarranted for you to claim "Glad I didnt buy the Malibu", meanwhile, you have no real world experience with its virtues or detriments. I could say the same "Glad I didnt go with the BMW 7-series, 70K just seemed overpriced....." where certainly, the 7 series is better than any car my family owns....

Just food for thought.

~alpha
    sorry is this better.
    Well i did get a remote start put in,and you are right that because i did not drive the malibu i should not knock it.By the way..the verona is cheaper to insure than the malibu, and i did have 2 deals in place for the malibu, but cancelled them when i saw the verona..Happy New Year!!!!!
    much easier to read, thanks! :-)
  • eus777eus777 Member Posts: 11
    Where did you get your remote starter and was it expensive to buy and have installed on your Verona? I have one now on my 2000 Maxima and I love it. It's nice to get into a toasty car on a ccccold winter day. However, it was not cheap..around $300. + as I recall and installation was free as a condition of my lease.
    No one else has answered my question about high octane gas giving better acceleration. Has anyone else tried this and if so with what results? This is the ONLY thing holding me back from purchasing....
  • tekrektekrek Member Posts: 18
    Hey Guys. I just got a deal for a 2004 Suzuki Verona EX Titanium for $3000.00 of list in an end of the year deal. Check with your local dealers for similar savings. This was advertised price reduction. The time is right for Suzuki to break some sales records.
    Eus..I am tempted by a remote starter,however a word of caution. Compatibility to the Car is very important. My friend installed it on his Ford taurus ..guess what? It slowly ruined its electrical and sensor system. I have a feeling that tampering with the electricals is risky unless its done by a company waranteed dealer.Carrino..Hows the remote starter doing? Was it guaranteed by the dealer?. You might also read the conditions of warantee for electricals in the Verona Manual.Does it say any tampering would nullify the guarantee?.
    Eus777..If you read the user manual for fuel guidelines it suggests min OCT 87 or Higher. I did my first highway trip ( I drive mostly in the city). I have Oct 93 and the Verona performed marvelously. I did 0-60 in much less than 9 secs (as some of these comparision reports suggest).The Car was well balanced and dint wobble, vibrate or make any sound. Wind noise was minimal. The Car trans did adapt on the way and got smoother as the ride got on. The steering held in place. I got to 70 mph and the ride was smooth. Rather than surges of power, I felt a constant availability of power as and when needed.
    Keep adding your comments forum members.
    the word "dint" before wobble should be Did'nt.
    Thanks
    rasup
    Lots of folks miss the fact that we are able to edit our message for a time period of about 30 minutes after it is posted. During that time, you'll see a blue Edit button next to the timestamp of your message (between the Bookmark and Delete buttons).
  • hschehsche Member Posts: 9
    Hello all. i have noticed some strange things with my keyless entry. Wanted to see if everybody else had similar experience or mine is just not set correctly.

I get one chirp on locking.
    I get no chirp on unlocking.
    I get two chirps when unlocking the trunk.

The interior dome light goes on when I lock the doors.
    The interior dome light does not go on when I unlock the doors. (this should really be reversed as I would rather have the dome light go on when I am getting into the car or trying to locate my car).

Also, as to the auto shutoff of the headlights. I tried this yesterday and the regular headlights went off, but the parking lights remained on. Does anybody know if the parking lights will go off on their own after some amount of time?

Still love the car though.
    The exact sequence occurs in my Verona too. I dont know if you can set it any other way. I guess we need to look in the manual. About the dome light, I agree with hsche. I find no problem with the keyless.
    The car is now really smooth after 450 miles.
    Happy New Year!!!!!
  • veronaownerveronaowner Member Posts: 88
    The exact sequence happens with the keyless entry on my EX. I have my dome light switch in the middle position. -- page 3.11 of the owners manual -- The head lights and parking lights do the same as hsche states. I will try it later and monitor it to see if it is on a time period. The only reference, I find, to the head light operation starts on page 3-8 owners manual.

Has everyone read on page 5-9 where it says
    "DO NOT USE SAE 10W-30 or SAE 10W-40 UNDER ANY CONDITIONS." SAE 5W-30 is the only viscosity grade recommended for the car. I think I will use only the dealer for the oil changes.

I found a Suzuke ball cap at the dealer and purchased one, it has the big "S" on the front. The dealer is the only place I have found them.
  • aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    Hi all,
           I see that the Verona has an inline 6 engine. What differences can one expect between an inline 6 and a V6 engine in terms of performance? What considerations would dictate a need for an inline 6 versus a V6?

Also, is there a plan for a more powerful engine in a future model year for this car? A more powerful and fuel-efficient engine can do a world of good for this fine looking ( inside and outside ) car, in my opinion.

Why can't GM put a 3.0 or 3.3 liter V6 engine on this car? They already have other sedans with such engines. Would the 3.5 Chevy Malibu ( 2004 ) do the trick? I am no expert. I don't know how the engine will perform when mated to the current Verona transmission.

Just a thought.
    I6 tends to be smoother than the traditional V6, but it is longer making the hood and overall front of the car longer. When an I6 is horizontally-opposed, it shortens the front of the car and widens the car overall. I6, with the same displacement of a V6, can perform just as well. If GMDAT increases the 2.5 to at least 3.0, then more people would probably be driving Veronas.
    Has anyone checked the auto lock sequence? If
    one locks the car with the remote and then unlocks with the remote, but does not open a door within 30 sec, it will auto lock. I did check this today.
    GPM I filled up today with only 7 gal and I got 17.3 MPG, but still have less than 1000 miles on the car. I have a habit of filling up an auto when it get down to 1/2 full/empty depending how one looks at it.
  • marvinleemarvinlee Member Posts: 21
    Six cylinder inline engines lack the rotating couple balance problems of 60-degree V-6 engines. Most V-6 makers simply blot out the vibration with soft engine mounts and low mass reciprocating parts. A few engines such as the 4.0 liter V6 used in some Ford 4 wheel drive pickup trucks have an additional counterrotating balance weight. The same weight applied to a 90-degree V6 does not eliminate all imbalance.

I wonder how much Suzuki/General Motors will be able to increase Verona engine displacement. It has already been increased 25 percent from the original 2 liter design. The bore centers look close together on the Suzuki engine picture used in their advertising, and the stoke is long compared to the bore. A nice alternative would be a turbocharger coupled with a five speed transmission. Routine development with the present engine might squeeze out another 15-30 horsepower.
    Welcome 2004!!!.I had my remote start installed by the dealer, and i had one installed on my wifes xl-7 at the same time. They are both alarm and start installed by the same company the dealer uses. No problems at all.I will be checking my keyless entry to see if it responds as everyone elses does.
  • mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    and durability, I am not so sure that putting one in the zuke would be a good idea.
    How's the remote working?. Did you check the warantee specs for electricals ...if its valid if you install the remote starter?. How much did it cost you? What make is it?. Did your Verona dealer recommend it?. Do give us the details as if its efficient its helpful for the winter.
    Another general question. Has anyone used small gadgets from Verona or other Car's lighter or 12 V sockets?. Do these devices really drain the battery?. Do they affect the electrical system in the long run?. Do comment members!!!
    The post by marvinlee about the inline made interesting reading. Here is a web site for fundamental information on V6 and inlines:
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/question366.htm
    The remote start brand is valet, and is the one that the dealer installs in the vehicles.I will check the warranty specs, but i don't think that since it was installed by the dealer, i will have any problems with that. I think it was around $500.00, and is a great thing to have. Now i don't have to go outside and start my wife's car.
  • boughtaveronaboughtaverona Member Posts: 21
    Happy New Year to all. A while back I reported on the forum that my "Check Engine Light" came on. I filled up with 93 octane and was waiting for a dealer appointment. Two weeks and about 200 miles later it went off. No problems since. Mystery to me? I gotta say, I've used 93, 89 and 87 octane and I'm hard pressed to say I can feel any appreciable difference in performance.

I do love the car. It's running great. Just got back from a six day road trip from San Diego to San Francisco and back, through the fog, rain and sunshine twisting through and over roads along the coast. The car performed flawlessly. Visibility is great for sight seeing. My only minor complaint is that the driver's side of the car seems to be colder than the passenger side (like a slight draft somewhere) making it hard to keep front occupants both comfortable. Thanks to all who post. Keep the info coming.
    I have Verona S and do not experience one side draft as mentioned by veronaowner. My heating works perfectly as I set the temp manually as needed.
    I am still running on OCT93 fuel. Very good performance so far. I got around 15 mpg @ 450 miles on city driving. How does that compare with other Verona owners?.
    The Car feels great. I bought a cargo organiser from walmart for $13 on sale . The organiser consists on plastic tubes with a net assembly and can adjust from 37" to 43" wide. This would fit in the inner part of the trunk.
    Please give views on other accessories for Verona.
    The remote option for Malibu is an option and would mean added dollars. One can fit it seperately if one desires. However how the starter affects the performance in the long run is yet to be seen. I dont know if it will affect the performance of the alternator.
    Keep your comments coming!!!
    "rasup" that was "boughtaverona" that commented on the slight draft on the drivers side. I have not found a problem with the heating system as I am still running A/C or at most no heat. (Central Florida East Coast) I traveled A1A and US1 yesterday for about 60 miles and my EX drove like a dream.
    There's a link to pictures of the upcoming 05 Reno in the Future Vehicles/05 Reno forum. Looks like Suzuki is really taking advantage of the GMDAT relationshiop!! If it's as comfortable as the Verona and Forenza inside, I'm sure it will sell. :)
    How do I find this link? I must be over looking aomething.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    Put "reno" into the keyword search on the left side of the page - that will get you right to it. :)
    The Reno "tuner concept" was unveiled today at the Detroit Auto Show. Suzuki also noted how its sales have gone up because of the new Verona. :)
    Some time back I had posted the question on the effect of using devices like a heater or polisher to the 12 V outlet. Also is there any burden of attaching a remote starter on the battery or alternator of Verona?.
    500 miles plus on a Verona and going Great!!
    No cold drafts, cold starts or quirks now.
    Veronaowner..I apologize for my comment that was meant for Boughtaverona..
    How are you doing in the New Year 2004 Verona drivers? I heard Suzuki is getting raves on the displays at the Auto shows in Detroit and LA
  • terryg4terryg4 Member Posts: 5
    With regard to aristotle's description of an inline 6, the Verona's is mounted transversely not really inline as the term used to be used. This does not tend make the engine compartment longer, but wider. The Verona uses this attribute to make the interior wider as well which adds to comfort/roominess.

It is true that the internal construction of the engine is going to limit it's size, but, I think Suzuki's/Porsche's thinking is to attack/eliminate the in-line 4 which has been around way too long. In a non-horsepower race way it also attacks the V6 as there is not real way to put a transverse V6 in a car without creating a maintenance nightmare - i.e. - the owner pays a premium for maintenance and repairs.

I think that the Suzuki marketing rep who demanded/begged to be included in Edmonds review actually did a dis-service to the Verona. It's concept is transportation in a much better price/performance package than the 4's in it's price range. Most of the cars in the comparison cost $7-$10,000 more - sure they're going to get rated higher. But it's too bad that reviewers of basic sedans seem to give horsepower and 50-80mph passing times so much credence when the vast majority of mainstream commuting is passed going 20-45 without any need for break-neck acceleration.
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    Even against 4 cylinder sedans in it's class the Verona would be outgunned though. Instead of faulting Edmunds for testing the Verona against a V6 line-up maybe you should fault Suzuki for putting such an underpowered engine in a mid-size sedan.
    Verona is not outgunned...What do you want from a vehicle?. Win a rifle contest or have an efficient but economic transportation medium. Verona is just in the market and is Suzuki's first big attempt at the mid-size. Accord has been around for how many years?. How much do you pay more for such cars?. This argument can go on. Yes its true that suzuki could have powered the I6 more. But that needs refinement and maybe in future the Car would be refined. But the car has 177 Torque. That means it is not outgunned as suggested. How many HP did these cars have when they came into the market?. I think one should appreciate the value for money that Verona offers. Lots of features that are standard. The Verona is an alternative to those who want to spend less but get similar features.
    Test results though informative are not the final answer. The consumer would decide if Verona would be acceptable for its qualities or not.
  • lil302000lil302000 Member Posts: 149
    It seems that the people that own this car like it and the people that do not own or drive this car don't. I have over 6000 miles on it so far and no problems. My wife and I drive to work on a two lane highway 30 miles each way everyday of the week and have managed to get around slower traffic without the aid of the extra one or two seconds. Just to let the owners of lower mile Veronas know the more you drive and once you reach over 3000 miles the car improves in just about every way.
  • fwatsonfwatson Member Posts: 639
    Quote " the people that do not own or drive this car don't"

=============================

Well, not quite all. I find it a beautiful and very appealing car, and enjoy this discussion. I own a 2001 Mazda Millenia P with a V6 rated at ONLY 170 HP. And just as the same bunch complain here about the supposed lack of power, they did the same on the MM forum. My Millenia does great under ALL circumstances with the 170 ponies it has. I guess some of us just don't need our egos massaged by excess horsepower under our car hoods. Not long ago Mercedes Benz and BMW were running engines of this calibre. I don't remember all the complaints about a BMW 318 or 325 for instance. I guess it's a matter of perspective.
    There were plenty of complaints about the BMW 318i, especially when equipped with an automatic transmission. Note how the model was dropped.

Rasup, the fact that the Verona has 177 lb. ft. means nothing becuase the car is too heavy, overmatching the engine. From what I've read, the transmission is not among the "smartest" either, which doesnt help. The simple fact is that most 4s in this class can out accelerate the Verona in all circumstances, including the most important ones- passing. According to Car and Driver, the Verona is BARELY quicker than the Hybrid Prius, which Car and Driver averaged at 42 MPG, compared to their test Verona at 19.

The Verona offers good value, but please dont argue that anything better than merely adequate acceleration is one of the cars attributes.

~alpha
    The "better than merely adequate acceleration" of the Verona still gets me there in comfort, at a safe speed and on time, Oh, I forgot, I may be 1.5 seconds late due to the 0 to 60 mph acceleration time. I guess everyone is not so HP and speed conscious. Love that Verona....
    Ken
    Alpha, Your postings always make interesting reading. Yes I did read the Car and driver views. As I said earlier, Views and reviews are one thing, the user would make the decision. I disagree that Torque is not important. Both Torque and Power are important. A lot depends on the type of car and performance you want and on the frequent situations and driving conditions you encounter. For an average driver under normal driving conditions it is important to have a good torque at lower speeds and higher HP at high speeds. Here is a write up on torque:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    In the simplest terms, torque is the twisting force the engine applies to the crankshaft and then on to the transmission.

Power, by contrast, is measured as the torque times the rotational speed. In imperial measures, one horsepower is equal to 550 foot-pounds (of torque) per second. Two engines can produce the same power but have very different torque ratings for the following simple reason:

One horsepower can be produced by moving one pound 550 feet OR by moving 550 pounds one foot, provided that either function is achieved in one second.

The difference comes in the fact that the high-torque engine will be rotating slower than the low-torque engine at the same power output but it will be twisting the crankshaft a lot more vigorously.

In theory, different gear ratios - most commonly four or five in cars' gearboxes - should mask different torque characteristics by altering engine speed to suit but the reality is that engines which produce high torque figures at low revolutions respond much more readily in give and take driving.

The practical advantages come in the form of reduced gear changing, lower engine revs and wear and, invariably, lower fuel consumption in all conditions other than constant speed driving.

For Mr Average, torque is therefore more important than horsepower, unless you spend your life racing around at high revs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Visit the following sites for more info:
    www.modernracer.com/
    www. welltall.com/ymc/discovery/car/intro.html
    Its true that more HP engines have more accelaration but the Verona feels great and runs smooth and serves us well for our daily requirements.

Its the user that feels best about the Car.The Verona feels great on the road and performs better as the miles log on.
  • boughtaveronaboughtaverona Member Posts: 21
    The fact the car is "heavy" and wide due to the transmounted I6 are in fact attributes I really like. The car feels substantial and solid on the road.....unlike the Corrolla LE I rented not long ago which probably did have better acceleration, but to milk that performance out of the engine you had to stomp on it to 4000+ rpm and it felt like I was driving a whinny tin box.

If it had better acceleration and side air bags, you couldn't find a fault with the Verona. The positive attributes and price make it a great buy over these negatives. Reliability was the wildcard risk for me in my decision to buy, but contrary to the critics who look at the glass half empty and dismiss it as an outdated DAEWOO product, I took comfort knowing that it was an updated DAEWOO product. I rented a Leganza a couple years ago and thought it was a great car.
  • saber86saber86 Member Posts: 128
    people buy midsize sedan because they want the creature comfort not because they want to be the first one to the next stop light. If buyers of midsize sedan was so concerned about the HP, than majority of accords and camarys would be 6 cyl not 4. The hp and torque are nothing more than just numbers to most car buyers.

Go ask any car salesperson, how many prospective car buyer brings a stopwatch when they come in for a test drive to measure 0 to 60.
    I understand what torque is. I am not arguing that it is unimportant. What I'm arguing is that the Verona's 177 lb. ft. cannot make up for its very heavy curb weight, or tranmission gearing. When it comes to all out passing ability, the Accord with 161 lb. ft and 5A, or the Camry with its 162 lb.ft and 4A, will perform better than the sluggish Verona. Just as people have different risk aversions to investing in the stock market, people have different tolerances regarding the safety net of acceleration their vehicle provides.

One of the last cars in my family's ever changing fleet of leased and owned vehicles was the PREVIOUS generation 2.2L 136hp 150lb ft. Camry. While offering good efficiency and adequate power for daily activities, the car had little left in reserve. In fact, if you look at Car and Drivers clock, that Camry posts almost IDENTICAL numbers to the Verona (with the Camry slightly ahead). I would not buy another car with similar power characteristics, and our current 02 Camry is noticeably faster.

I could not agree more with the statement "If it had better acceleration and side air bags, you couldn't find a fault with the Verona."

But, the lack of acceleration and no available side airbags are BIG detriments to some consumers, like me.

And saber- "Go ask any car salesperson, how many prospective car buyer brings a stopwatch when they come in for a test drive to measure 0 to 60." Very true. HOWEVER, buyers who cross shop a Verona and a 4cyl Accord or Camry are not going to be blind to the clear difference in available power. Its a question of whether or not the Veronas feature content can make up for this, IMO...
    Well I dont want to repeat points as far as what alpha and others have discussed so far. The fact is I test drove Camry and Accord 2002/2003 models. I found Verona still better as an allround proposition. The Price should itself make one seriously consider it. Also the warantee makes it attractive. I know that Accord and Camry are excellent cars and have been refined over the years.If I did'nt have price constraints I would have considered the 2004 Maxima ( I drove a 93 maxima prior to the new car). Verona still offers an attractive proposition if you consider the complete package. Rest is up to personal preference. There are better cars in the accelaration department than accords if one is rave about blinding 0-60 timings. The fact is that driving a Verona with its current parameters has not impaired or created any serious detriment to driving in any condition to me so far. Other Verona owners are also adding their thoughts on this forum and there have been more raves than anything else. Verona is not a car that its negatives make it an unattractive proposition. Just as I said time will let us know how the consumer accepts the alternative option.
  • dkuhajdadkuhajda Member Posts: 487
    Anyone notice the wide variance in the reported numbers by the so called experts on the Verona 0-60 times?

Edmunds 11.8 sec
    Car and Driver 10.7 sec
    Motor Week 10.5 sec
    Motor Trend 11.2 sec

I wonder how many of the Verona's tested were past the initial break in programming for the tranny and engine from the factory when they were tested. I also wonder if the little thing called tire pressure was checked before running the test.