Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Verona

Comments

• lil302000lil302000 Member Posts: 149
    I would have to agree with some of what you are saying. My transmission hasn't been bad, but I think a good five speed would take more advantage of the smooth power the engine delivers. At any rate the car rides nice the build quality is good and most important the problems have been few. 23,000 miles and running well. We are pleased with our Verona and are happy with the dollars saved.
  • evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    Hmmmm. Tell me again what is wrong with a GM transmission. They seem to get high ratings in various automobile magizines. I have owned numerous GM autos and never had a problem with a transmission. I presently own a 2000 GMC Sierra Pickup and haven't had a single problem, transmission or otherwise. I have also owned Toyotas and VWs. My Verona EX is so quiet and smooth shifting, I can rarely tell what gear it is in or if there is any shifting going on. Seems it is always in the right gear to give me the power I need, even if I don't know what gear that is. If it weren't for the tach, I would swear it had one of those old GM trannies that never shifted.
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Member Posts: 210
    There is nothing wrong with it from a reliability point of view. They are very reliable. The problem comes in 3 forms:
    1. You do not seem to get the same pickup/accelaration from the vehicle as the torque numbers suggest. Seems to rob the engine from power. Or in other words, you do not feel the real torque numbers that the engine is supposed to provide. Maybe it is the torque converter.
    2. The new GM transmissions seem to hunt for gears a lot. Keeps switching between 4th and 3rd gear on the slightest decelaration.
    3. Do not handle inclined terrain very well. Uphill drives are much harder.
  • texasjaytexasjay Member Posts: 1
    I'm at 8,300 miles and I've had ZERO problems with my 2004 Verona. I drive all kinds of mid-size cars for my company and none of them even comes close to the Verona. Suzuki's quality is just as good as Honda, Nissan, or Toyota. This is a beautiful car in terms of both styling and engineering. I get compliments all the time. The Verona is a few seconds slower (0 to 60 mph) than the V6 Camry, V6 Accord, and V6 Altima, but so what? If you do very little racing (like me), it doesn't matter. For normal driving conditions, the Verona is better than any of those other cars. I was so happy with the Verona, I bought a Suzuki motorcycle (a 2004 Intruder VS 800), which I also love.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Your assertions on the Verona's relaiblity and performance in comparison to the CamCords and Altima are not backed by any publications that I've read. Slower than the other V6s is not the issue. The Verona is slower than the others with 4s. This isnt just an issue of "racing". Here in NJ, there are lots of tough merges, and given the V6, the Verona lacks power, whether its due to GMs transmission or not.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and Im very glad that you are happy with your Verona, but be careful of presentation of opinion.... as fact.

~alpha
  • dougdjjsdougdjjs Member Posts: 15
    Well, I test drove a Suzuki Verona EX and I have to say that I did not feel the car lacked power or "get up and go" whatsoever. I have come to realize that the 0 to 60 times for vehicles is highly over rated unless you're really into that kind of thing. I will also say that if you ever saw a person drive 0 to 60 in a "leisurely" 10 seconds during regular day to day driving you would probably think "what the hell is that maniac doing driving like that" because even that is fast for day to day driving. There are a number of cars you can pay alot of money for that can go 170 mph with no problem. What it ends up giving a person is bragging rights but during day to day use is seldom if ever used.
  • ccbloome61ccbloome61 Member Posts: 35
    Not to be picky, but the Verona has an Inline 6, not a V6.
    Dear Alpha. If an average Joe has driven with the Accord, Camry, Altima and Verona and likes the Verona best, it is obviously his opinion. The "experts" who write reviews in auto publications are only telling us their opinions, too. On average I think the things they think are important (0-60 acceleration, etc.)aren't nearly as important as the things the average person thinks are important. I am not a professional racer so I would much rather hear the opinions of "average" people than the "experts."
    Thank you for the correction, I apologize about that- I do indeed know its a straight six.

Ok, Im an average Joe. There is nothing exceptional about the Verona's powertrain. It is a slow vehicle. Slow enough to be outgunned by 4 cylinder Civics and Corollas, mind you, let alone Camrys and Accords. I think the ability to merge and pass are very important especially today, with mammoth SUVs and more tractor trailers on the road than ever before. Its not that Im overly critical of the Verona- its just that in its ads, Suzuki has touted the 6 cylinder engine, which is quite misleading, given that the vehicle is a porpoise compared to the other sixes in the class.

Suzuki should be given significant credit though, for making Side Curtains standard for the 2005 model year- thats outstanding.

~alpha
    I agree that on paper the Suzuki Verona is a tortoise (I'm pretty sure you meant tortoise, not porpoise) but have you driven it? There are other benefits to a six cylinder besides speed. However I still say the Verona felt like it had plenty of "pick up" for day to day driving. Also, I went into the test drive fully aware of the complaints regarding 0 to 60 times so I was really looking at this closely considering I'm comparing it to a few other vehicles. In fact, I planned on driving it just to rule it out as an option. But the more I drove it the more I liked it. I do understand that if you are not going to be happy knowing that your Verona couldn't beat a Honda Civic from a dead stop then you should not buy it. I'll just end by saying that what's on paper doesn't always tell the whole story.

As a side note, I've been reading a lot of reviews on the Suzuki Verona (and others) and it really cracks me up how different each person can perceive the same vehicle. One reviewer of the Verona said that it has good torque for off the line but had no highway passing power, while another said it was a dog until 4000 RPM then it felt like the afterburners kicked in. Quite a number said how good the fit and finish was, while another said the fit and finish was poor. Alot say the transmission is smooth and some say it had harsh positive gear changes. Many said the ride felt soft or mushy but Car and Driver said the complete opposite. To each his own.
  • rasuprasup Member Posts: 136
    Slower than others ... That is relative. After 6000 miles and a new computer, this Verona is different. In the lower range it zooms quicker. So I feel a great deal of difference. Now I have no problem in zooming up to the other cars. The only point I observe is when you suddenly slow down and try to race the car again--the sudden revs...The Veronas computer still takes a time to figure the change and is slower. But merging the ramps?...Its good. The engine does make quite a din when doing so. So far the Verona has done well and is a smooth runner. I think the Car has improved after the initial computer hiccup. Its good for what you pay.
    Alpha,

I was wondering if you could give me some feed back as to how well the adaptive transmission works. Is there a breaking in period as some have suggested? I remember reading somewhere that the real "feel" of the car comes after some miles are on the odo.

I am still looking at cars and I keep coming back to the Verona. It seems to have everything I'm looking for at the right price but there are two other serious contenders. Thanks for your input.
  • russm3russm3 Member Posts: 44
    I have 11500 miles on mine and the trans.adopts to your driving. However we have more than 1 driver and then you can get some weird shifts when me or my wife drive. However I found on my own that if I put the car in drive 3 for me around town the car is fine no weird shifts. The trans was my biggest complaint. But there is a lot of manufactor using this type of trans. You will get used to it.It is just hard for us old guys that never had this before. If I were you take the verona for another spin. If you like it now your going to love it in 5000 miles when it smooths out. If I can help you out with more questions let me know.
  • carrinocarrino Member Posts: 42
    Hello everyone. Its been a while since my last post, and i just thought that i would share my experience with the verona.I now have 17,125 miles on my ex which will be a year old in december. I can honestly say i have never had a bit of trouble with this vehicle, and i think the pickup is much better since the cpu recall. We own three suzukis, and all have been trouble free, so i would definately recommend this and any other suzuki to anyone who is looking for a new vehicle.
  • bmcclainbmcclain Member Posts: 39
    If any of you remember the August Popular Mechanics spy report on page 56, it is not the Daewoo Magnus. It's a Chinese car also designed by Giugiaro, Brilliance's Zhonghua. So, we will not see this car as a Suzuki Verona.

http://www.autosoviet.altervista.org/ENGLISH-automotorusse-chines- ecars.htm
    http://www.centurychina.com/plaboard/posts/3668315.shtml

Interesting to me, the SUV under the Zhonghua is a restyled Isuzu Axiom.
    Thanks for your input. I do like the way it drives, it just takes some getting use to. I let you know what I decide.
  • rkw2rkw2 Member Posts: 66
    I'll be getting a new car in a few months and will consider a 2005 Verona with side impact air bags. We have 4 drivers in my family who share cars. Any idea "how wild" the shifting will be? Do you think it will be a major problem and maybe cause damage to the transmission?
    I have my verona with 6200 miles and about a year old. I think its a very spacious, smooth car. It is a good family car.In my opinion the adaptive trans should work well after about a 3000 miles run in. I dont think there can be any damage to due the learning period of the adaptive trans. I find that my trans shifts smooth and the car runs quietly. The only time the trans lags is when you try a sudden push of gas after a sudden slow down. The computer and trans seem to take a second more to realise the shift needed. Other than that the Car is a very good value option. Suzuki has a very good warantee program. Its important that you find a good dealer.
    Good luck guys.
  • lil302000lil302000 Member Posts: 149
    and 13 months all is well. The care runs just fine. I drive 30 miles one way up a two lane highway to go to work. Route 37 is in farm country and trust me when I say you get caught behind many 40 MPH and 50 MPH Buicks and olds. Our car has plenty of power to make safe passes, and we also have never had a problem with merging into traffic up in Columbus. No tranny problems at all as well.
    I do agree with the 3000 to 5000 learning curve also when they put the new computer in mine they reset the trans. I do agree 98%of the time it is smooth. I am thinking when its pushed this is when we get these shifts. Driving standard shifts most the time this is hard for me to get used to. And I do think it is me. If your use to adaptive trannys I don"t think you will have a problem.
    Sorry I couldnt respond and help you out- Im not familiar with the Suzuki's adaptive transmission.

Also, in response to someones question to me a while ago... NO, I have not driven the Verona. I did however drive a Gen 4 Camry with the 136 hp 2.2L 4 cylinder engine for over a year. According to Car and Driver, that car and the Verona post practically identical standing start and passing times, and I felt the Camry to be underpowered, hence the basis for my opinion. (The new ones are worlds better in the pep dept, FWIW).

~alpha
  • pizardpizard Member Posts: 45
    My Verona is running so badly after the recall. I have talked to the district manager and he was going to check into it and haven't heard back from him. It seems like the 4th gear is part of the problem, it's not a smooth drive in 4th gear unless youare over 70mph. Other times it feels like when you drive a stick shift and are driving too slow for that gear. It doesn't always do this but often. Also, the car shakes a lot too now. I had the tires rotated when I had the cpu recall and since then it has never ridden smoothly. I took it back in they said it was out of alignment and it's worse than ever now.

If the car had driven the way it does now, I wouldn't have even considered buying it.

I just want them to replace the ECM. They could replace the ECM cheaper than it will cost me to keep taking it back to the service department until they can fix it.

Before the recall, I had no issues besides a little rough idling after a cold start. I loved the car then, but now I am regretting my decision to buy it because of the issues with service and how each time I take it in, it comes back worst.

Also, I have never had a car with auto climate control. During these days when it's about 50 degrees out and dark, the auto climate control won't keep the car warm unless I turn it up to about 80 degrees. During the cold morning I can turn it to 72 and it will work just fine. It turns up the fan and warms the cabin fairly quickly but at night for some reason it only has the fan on low speed and have to turn it up to 80, even when it has only been 45 degrees out. I didn't have any issues in the summer with the a/c auto climate. Anyone have any suggestions?
    My friend, I am sorry that you are having a harrowing time. I have had no gear problems. Have they changed the trans sensor?. They should have replaced the ECM under the recall program. I hope you got a good dealer who has a competant service staff. They should have diagnosed the problem and settled it. How many miles do you have on the car? So far my Verona is doing well and running real good. I had my ECM and program replaced. They also replaced a trans sensor.
    PLease keep us posted. Good luck.
    They did a flash to the ECM instead of replacing. I have just emailed the general manager and service dept manager to ask them to replace them ECM.

I have about 8000 miles on the car. I
    tell them replace it they were doing flashes and not re setting it. If not call call call suzuki till it is done right.
    pizard,
    It seems that the flash did not work properly. The TSB( tech. service bulletin from Suzuki) states for ECM upgrade and correction. So they need to check on this aspect. Your dealer should have refered to this bulletin.For info- go to www.suzukiauto.com and see the " pitstop" link. This gives detail info on the various TSB's. I hope this helps.

Alpha,
    Let me suggest something :Please find time to test drive a Verona that has run 3000 miles. Only then will you get an idea of the Verona. Only 0-60 will not give you a real feel of the Car.In a new car the computer as well as the adaptive trans is not set to give you a real feel of the Car.
  • mm9351mm9351 Member Posts: 72
    Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted here. But to follow-up, I could not agree more with the ECM replace / flash issue. I have the Verona EX now at 2800 miles, and when the recall was announced, the dealer only had new ECM's to distribute. Obviously this cost Suzuki big $$ to change out the hardware, so they later opted for the lower cost reflash at the dealer via a Service Bulletin. That process doesn't match the integrity of the full update at the factory, especially if the technician doesn't exactly follow the procedure. So I do recommend you insist on the new ECM. BTW, my EX is running outstanding with the new ECM, never a shudder at cold start (as I used to have), and better acceleration off the line. As for the adpative transmission, it needs to "re-learn" after ECM updates, so I drove the car a little "harder than normal" to program in a more sporty mode. And it works well. That is why rasup suggests a test drive on a Verona with some everyday driving modes. Hope this helps, good luck to all.
  • beetonebeetone Member Posts: 3
    Recently I read that Suzuki planned to significantly increase the number of its dealerships in the USA. In Canada, the company and its automobile products seem to be practically invisible. It was only through browsing the internet that I discovered the Verona, otherwise I might never have heard of it. I have not seen any national advertising nor does the local dealer advertise the cars although another brand which he sells is frequently advertised in the local media.
    Suzuki Canada has a web site with an owners' section but it appears to have been inactive since 2003.
    As the owner of two Suzukis, a Verona and a 1997 Swift, I wonder what is going on. I hope that Suzuki is not planning to abandon the Canadian market.
    Does anyone have any information?
    Well, they are going to have me drive with the Suzuki Scanner on the car so they can take snapshots of the trouble and send it to corporate offices. I don't know why they won't just replace the ECM, it seems like it would be far cheaper to do that then keep wasting time bringing it in and all this stuff.
    You have to let us know how this works out!
    It looks like something else is going on?. With OBD-2 scanners, the defect could be easily isolated. I presume some further investigations are necessary. I wish you good luck- Pizard.
    My Verona is running fine. The Car rides great after 6400 miles. No hesitation or hiccups. Its smooth running so far. Does anyone know of a good place to fit a spoiler on to the Verona?.
    I have a spoiler on my Verona that was on it when I bought it, it sits right on the back of the trunk.
    I have a hunch the next (2006) Suzuki Verona will have a 5 speed automatic (without adaptive trans) and a little more horse power. I just think that so many of the reviews say the same negative comments on engine/trans despite how well the car drives that Suzuki (Daewoo/GM) is going to listen. Plus I think the Suzuki Verona sales have been less than expected. The Forenza, on the other hand, is doing really well. We'll see.
    I was at the store the other day and while my wife was shopping I picked up a car buyers guide and they gave the verona a good review. As far as speed take one on the highway and check it out enough for me.
  • veronaownerveronaowner Member Posts: 88
    Has anyone experienced poor MPG in town/city and lot better MPG on the HWY? I get poor mileage in the city - about 16 or less and better than 25 on the HWY. Talked to Pitstop via e mail and was requested to get the computer checked out for the fuel trims. One other thing is a vibration through the steering wheel between 70 - 80 MPH and steady on the accelerator and when I let off the accelerator and coast the vibration goes away.

I have an appointment on the 23rd to get it checked out.
  • veronaownerveronaowner Member Posts: 88
    Nothing was found wrong with the fuel trims in

the computer. The vibration problem was the tire balance on the front. I would not have thought that with the symptons, but the dealer balanced them and the vibrations are gone. I had them rotated and balanced at another place about 2 months ago. Needless to say, won't go there and do that again. ( no weights were thrown from the rims.) Now have about 6500 miles on the Verona and except for the city mpg I still enjoy and like the car.
    It's hard to find someone who actually knows how to balance a tire. There are a lot of morons who work in the tire industry, maybe you can find a good one and stick with him. I always get the same person to balance my tires. He looks a little rough, but he knows his business. Your Verona should ride smooth, smooth, smooth. Good Luck.
  • johnnyveronajohnnyverona Member Posts: 1
    I too have my district managers number in my speed dial. The problem I had was beyond the Flash recall. I had to have the entire head replaced. Apparently, there was a very tiny flaw in the machining process and small drops of oil were getting into the combustion chamber. Right now it runs perfect.

Regarding tires and vibration. I took mine to a tire specialty shop and had a full rotate and balance. This will correct the roughest of riding cars. The Hankook tires on mine need to be watched for pressure when the temps drop below 40. I live in Georgia and this has happened twice and both times I needed to check the pressure.

I agree, I hate the climate control. I override mine whenever possible. In your example set it to 72 let it run with the higher fan, make sure your ac indicator is off.

Overall this is a great car. I did not choose it, my former employer required I buy one as a company car. Well the job is gone and I still have the car. Since I added SIrius and Subwoofer system. It is my Poor mans Infiniti.
  • elgy423elgy423 Member Posts: 1
    I amgoing nuts with this car. I love this car so much as far as looks and style. But this engine and the EMC is killing me. My Suzuki Rep ignors any calls and now I am left with claiming the Lemon Law to be heard. The ECM has been replaced twice and re-programed three or four times. Now the engine taps so loud, people look at me when I pass them. (Not fun) I drive a great looking car the sounds like a cheap 4 cyl. desiel. I just with Suzuki would admit thsi is a big problem and do something to help. Yes....and my trans does slip and buck also in mostly 1st to 2nd and 4th. Anyone have a dircect number to any big shots in Suzuki. Let me know.........help
  • marvinleemarvinlee Member Posts: 21
    I have 15,000 miles now. The car has been reliable. There are some things prospective buyers should know. The car is much noisier over rough gravel roads than the 2004 Toyota Camry. The Camry rides better and has much higher seats in front. I have not compared back seats. The Verona engine is noisier at any RPM in comparison to the 4-cylinder Camry. Perhaps the greatest difference between the two cars is the very much better Toyota transmission. It keeps the engine at lower RPM than the Verona and shifts better.

I have not compared power directly, but the Verona has considerably more power at 15,000 than it did at 2000. I has more than enough for the roads that I drive on. Fuel economy is not an issue for us but I think that it is lower than some competing cars.
  • dkuhajdadkuhajda Member Posts: 487
    A phone number is not going to help. If you need to pursue a lemon law claim, you need to follow the rules set in your state. Most likely all you need to do is send a certified letter to the dealer, Suzuki motors (there will be an address in the back of the owners manual, possibly your State's attorney general (for the record of the complaint). Virtually all US State's have a .gov web site that explains what forms or letters are required and it is usually very easy to do.

Some States require arbitration first (that is usually only binding on the manufacture) before pursuing a full buyback. In any case, do not hire a laywer (unless your State's law requires it) until they have denied (or failed to respond) the buyback if the car clearly falls under your State's lemon laws. If you hire a lawyer now, and they agree to a buyback on the first letter, you probably will not be able to claim the attorney's fees (most State's laws do not include those fees unless the manufacture fails to comply with the lemon law claim).
  • ender27ender27 Member Posts: 9
    Went looking for a new car this week and I wanted to share my experience. I looked for a Suzuki dealer on southside of Indy, and without naming names (you can figure out which one though, think "lion"), we had such a laughably bad experience that we didn't even give it any consideration.

The dealership had four (count 'em), FOUR Verona's. Three were used. The one that was new was the low end trim, and all were rusting around the brakes and onto the rims already. The salesman proceeded to inform us that no other Verona's were available except for one at the Indy Auto Show and that it was not possible to order a new one because the lead time was 6 months, or more! In fact he said that they were basically told not to order new ones.

The dealership was pretty run down, deserted (noone else was there looking at cars) and was staffed by only two people at the time.

I gotta ask, does Suzuki really want to sell these things? We took one on a test drive and might have bought one (they all had stickers on them saying 85% of invoice) but our experience lead us to believe buying one would have been a bad, bad decision. If getting one of these cars is this hard, how hard would getting parts be? :) Did any of you experience such bleak conditions when you looked at it? I would think that when wanting to compete with the Sonata, Optima, Accord, etc. that Suzuki would want to present itself a bit better, but this was frankly an embarassment to Suzuki as well as the dealership franchise in question.
  • mm9351mm9351 Member Posts: 72
    Ender, my records show that Suzuki has over 450 dealers nationwide, with many more to come. Don't limit your search to one dealer. Incidentally, I attended the national dealer meeting in Las Vegas in 2004, and new dealerships have just opened in ID, WI, TX, OR, CA, and IL. Also, there are five (5) dealers in the local Indy area; why not visit another showroom if you were unhappy with the one you visited? BTW, You were told incorrect information; the dealership CAN order new Veronas or swap one with another local dealer. Parts for these cars are NOT a problem, if not stocked it can usually be obtained within one business day. Also, don't concern yourself with rust on the brake rotors, if you don't use your car a few days and in wet weather, ALL brake rotors will develop surface rust, which is removed quickly the first time you drive and apply the brakes. I think the dealer was trying to unload the cars he had in stock,that's why you saw the 85% of invoice pricing.
  • pciro2180pciro2180 Member Posts: 43
    My car was also knocking very loudly at speeds of 60-80 mph. I found out that Suzuki told the dealers, through a TSB to put 10w-40 oil in the engine which thins out after the car gets hot and drains back to the oil pan. I did my own oil change with the suzuki oil filter(could not find it at the store, bought it at dealer for 6.50)and put the 5w-30 oil in the engine, and now it does not knock because the 5w-30 is thin when cold and thickens up after the car gets hot so it cannot drain like the 10w-40 can. I have tested this 5 times on the highway so far with no diesel engine sound. Sometimes I think that these car Makers don't no what the heck they are talking about!!! Hope this help those with the same problem.
    I have over 16K on my Verona EX. The minor hickups at start up I experienced for a few months are now gone, even though it is a lot colder now than when I had the hickups. I haven't bothered to have the ECM changed/upgraded and since everything is running beatutifully I hesitate to mess with something that isn't broken. My mileage has dropped a little in the colder weather but that is normal. Is there any good reason to mess with the ECM if everything is running well?

Have any of you Verona owners driven the new Buick LaCrosse? Buick says it is aimed at the Lexus ES 330 but others say it should be compared with the Camry and Accord, like the Verona. The 240 hp model sounds nice but it doesn't even have some of the features the Verona has which costs 10K less. Any opinions?
    When I went by the dealer today to get an oil filter for my Verona, the dealer said, Didn't you know? Suzuki came in November and picked up all their cars and parts. We don't sell them any longer. The dealer was in Chattanooga and now I will have to drive about 85 miles to Marietta, GA to have my service work done! Not too happy about this one..................
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Thats truly too bad. I had a Suzuki Aerio. It was a great little car before my teenage son totaled it. I was thinking about buying a Verona, but with all the problems people are having (and with a realitvily few cars sold)I am glad I didn't. I don't mean to be negative, but the jury is still out on the Verona, Suzuki isn't selling very many of these cars. It's a shame too because I believe they are a GREAT LOOKING car. They need to get those bugs out. A used Accord is a better buy. As far as the warranty is concern, it's been said the best warranty is the one you do not have to use! I tend to believe that. It's inconvenient to service your car, no matter who is paying for it!
  • kimweigelkimweigel Member Posts: 43
    Just bought a new Verona EX in Ohio on 1/3/05. Was trying to buy a decent used car, but when offered a brand new '04 at 25% off sticker, I couldn't turn it down. Sticker at 20,700, down to 15500 out the door. This is a year end special sale, and ended on the 3rd. The car is fully loaded and rides smooth and quiet. There is more than enough power for most everyday driving situations, and I love those leather heated seats! The transmission is still trying to find it's "happy place", but that doesn't surprise me, as the car has only 200 miles on it. I couldn't buy a 2001 Avalon with 50k miles for the same money, although I certainly tried.

The wife loves it too, even managed to pry her out of her beloved Highlander Limited. This car is loaded with features, and I enjoy the fact that Suzuki took a slightly different direction with the engine. Even though the horsepower number is down compared to the competition, there seems to be plenty of torque, and that is what moves you down the road. I'm sure that the Camry and Accord are measurably better cars, but I can't buy this much Camry or Accord for 15k in a base model, forget about heated leather, and a sunroof.

I suspect that the inline 6 engine, with timing chain will be an extremely long-lived motor, that will get stronger with age and break-in. The dealership seems to be very anxious to be accomodating, but then again, they are not exactly swamped with customers. Thsnks to all the posters with opinions, good and bad, for helping me form my opinion besides the "quick test drive" For once I feel like I didn't buy a pig in a poke. I will post with more news when it comes up.
    14000 and running fine glad I have my ex I figgard that the hold thing on the tranny makes it a stick and thats good in the snow. Just getting oil changes no more shift problems and no more computer problems and running like a champ.hope you enjoy you veronas too.
    Hi,

Whats going on in 2005?. It seems all are either too busy or sleeping?. Suzuki seems to have put the Verona in the shade...see no ad's on TV. I wonder if they are overhauling the Car?.

Hey...keep the posts going.