Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Legacy/Outback 2005+

Comments

• kmartinkmartin Member Posts: 427
    I'm pretty sure you'll get your maintenance offer coupons within three or four weeks of taking delivery of a new vehicle...that's the time line with mine. Just received it the other day, about 4 weeks to the day that I bought my 2.5i wagon. I never signed up for anything special, and I got it anyway.

I was at the dealer yesterday, and they just got their copy of the same coupon, plus the test drive coupons as well ($25 free just for a test drive). They hadn't even opened it until I told them about it.

-KarenM-
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I was comparing the two black ones on a dealer lot and noticed the XT has a rear center seat fold-down armrest, and that the GT didn't. That surprised me. I know the H-6s have that feature, and assumed the GT would too. Oh well, maybe for MY 06...

Bob
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    My wife and I went out looking at cars today. We test drove an Acura TSX and a Legacy GT Ltd sedan, both auto transmission.

I was pretty impressed with the TSX -- it had a lot more oomph than I expected from a 200HP VTEC 4 cylinder coupled to a slushbox. Nice linear power delivery all the way. The overall car is nice, and the price ($27K w/o NAV) and gas mileage (23/32) really impressed my wife. I think she is leaning towards the TSX.

The Legacy GT impressed both of us. It was extremely quiet and smooth. Handling was spectacular (easily up there with my WRX, which has 17" summer tires while the GT has all seasons), steering was sublime, and the ride quality was excellent. It is an awesome cruiser. We were both blown away by the engine and power, the car just plain hauls. I was most impressed with the transmission, however. When accelerating briskly, it snaps off shifts quickly and smoothly in rapid fire, better than any auto transmission I have ever driven. The shifts are so quick, the engine stays right at full boil the whole time. What a blast!

Ken, I would not have any reservations about getting a GT with the 5EAT -- in fact, I might just choose 5EAT over MT myself. It was that good in my opinion. I would be hard pressed to make such good shifts myself with a MT.

I think my wife likes the TSX better, possibly because of the Acura "image", and it's hard to argue with the price ($4K less than the GT Ltd) and the gas mileage. Still, she was clearly impressed by the Legacy, and this is someone who thinks Subarus are frumpy dorky cars! So the Legacy has indeed come a long way in both our minds.

The GT we drove was Atlantic blue with a spoiler. It looked fantastic, and I would have taken that one on the spot if we were ready to buy. Great color.

Craig
    If anyone has some legitimate reasons I can use to convince my wife to choose the GT LTD over the TSX, please let me know!

Craig
  • dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    If anyone has some legitimate reasons I can use to convince my wife to choose the GT LTD over the TSX, please let me know!

3 letters => AWD

DaveM
    Craig, AWD beats FWD any day of the week. Now if the TSX had AWD, that would indeed be a tough question to answer.

Bob
  • salbaby1972salbaby1972 Member Posts: 165
    Craig tell her:

- AWD - safer in bad weather
    - take badges off and people will think its not a Subie.
    - she can be a trend setter
    - she can smoke all the TSX's she wants
    - 3 year service with coupon
    - Nav will come out in 06
    - Car and Driver are testing it against BMW 325i and Volvo S60
    - If hse dosen't like it after 2 years, you'll take it and she can get her TSX... :)
    - another honda, its the european honda accord, you don't want an boring accord do you?

-S
    the GT has much more power throughout the entire powerband than the TSX, which translates into instant power when you want it.

Bob
  • mcjaymcjay Member Posts: 7
    Just went to the test drive event today, the GT is superb, I just love its handling and power.

Unfortunately my girlfriend wants a leather interior. So I may have to get a 2.5i Ltd instead, cause I don't have the money.

What would you guys choose? the power or the girl...haha.......man....I love the GT so much

Jay
  • zorzor Member Posts: 24
    Craig,

Safety and Security:

The Legacy GT Sedan does not have a fold-down seat, and the Acura TSX does. So, the Legacy has improved trunk security over the TSX for locking up shopping bounty, luggage, or valuables. Careful, though, since this argument may backfire (e.g. I'd prefer the folding seat for hauling).

The Legacy GT reportedly handles exceptionally. That translates into safety in some situations. The legacy GT has a lower center of gravity and wider stance, which translates into better roll-over stability.

Comfort:

The Legacy GT has more leg room and toe room than the crampy back seat of the TSX. It is also easier to get into and out of.

Zor
  • buckeye1buckeye1 Member Posts: 41
    My guess is it's a lot better than any vehicle's.

And, the car is a depreciating asset; not so with the lovely lady...who becomes more valuable with time.

Just MHO.
    I didn't say give me reasons to convince a teenage boy! I need to convince my WIFE!

Craig
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Craig,

Well, you just made me feel even better about my decision to stick with 5EAT after reading your posts. I think you nailed it on the head -- the shifts are amazingly quick and smooth. After driving several MT and 5EAT GTs, I realized that a lot of "speed" I was sensing from the MT was because the 5EAT is so much smoother in comparison. Drivetrain shock is barely noticeable under hard acceleration and compression braking. I realized that for my daily commute and family duties, I'd prefer smooth consistent power compared to the high-strung acceleration on the 5MT. I *know* I can't shift that smoothly. ;-)

Isn't the steering response and handling awesome? I just loved how it felt on my test drives. And the Sportshift buttons were really nice. Thumbing buttons let me place more focus on the twisties than having to clutch in-shift-clutch out.

The TSX is tough competition. You can't beat Acura quality and it's a great value. However, it is a bit of a bland vehicle IMO and is a notch down in sportiness compared to the GT.

Have you tried bringing up crash test results with your wife? The new Legacy hasn't been tested yet in the US, but the previous generation scored extremely high. I wouldn't doubt for a second that the 05s will do as good if not better. Combine that with AWD and you have one very solid packge. Maybe you should go test drive in the rain.

How about pushing the overall value argument? The C&D comment in the latest issue that Subarus "have the necessary hardware, suspension geometry, and balance to be credible performance cars, but they're tuned for middle of the road". You're getting a LOT more car with the incremental $$ for the GT over the TSX.

Ken
  • kevin111kevin111 Member Posts: 991
    c_hunter - Tough. The TSX comes with more standard features while the GT is obviously more of a drivers car. How are they in size comparison?

The only reasons I can think for getting the GT for the wife is - "you will be willing to drive more often instead of having her drive" and MUCH BETTER IN SNOW/SLUSH/ICE! Stability control and traction control do make up for AWD. CR did a study on AWD vs. FWD and RWD and found AWD better with allseasons in snow and ice than FWD and RWD with snow tires (last Spring issue).

Hey you have to sacrifice a little to get what you want.

Kens - I think you made the right choice - especially if an STi Legacy comes out in a couple years :-)

Jay - how much have you been with the girl? how much do you love her? Just kidding :-). See if you can work a deal on a GT Limited close to invoice, or see if you can wait a few months to come up with the extra coin. Tough decision. The GT would be more fun, but the 2.5i limited will still handle great and have decent acceleration. Also the luxury extras are nice to have. BTW, the last time I was ready to date someone when I was looking to buy a car. She said she thought the WRX was ugly and I should go with something else, so I did not go out with her and bought the car!
    I loved the steering on the GT -- it was absolutely perfect in every way. I even liked the steering wheel! The TSX steering and handling was OK, but not memorable like the GT.

I definitely like the AWD, in fact I am so accustomed to it that I felt a little out of place in the TSX but the GT felt very secure and buttoned down. I doubt my wife would notice either way, and the stability control on the TSX would keep her out of trouble for the most part.

The TSX is definitely a notch down in sportiness. We took it on a long curved exit ramp, where I fly in my WRX on the way to work a couple times a week, and the TSX leaned noticeably. The GT was as solid as my WRX in the same curve. The combination of the power, shifting, and handling made even my wife comment that the GT was more fun and sporty than the TSX. But then again, she's used to her Forester and both the GT and TSX are sporty to her.

I think in the end it may come down to price, and the TSX is well equipped for less money. But that's OK -- if my wife gets the TSX, I can see a GT wagon in my future (or an OB XT). Problem is, I also like my worn-in 02 Outback! I'd really hate to stack lumber on top of a new GT wagon!

Overall, the GT test drive made an impression on both of us. I bet we'll be talking about it for a few weeks!

Craig
  • grove4grove4 Member Posts: 95
    The legacy has so much more torque than the TSX that driving impressions are not even in the same ballpark.I also tested these two before deciding on the GT.Bottom line is I was not going to spend 27k on a fwd 4 cylinder.Besides what options do you get that the legacy GT doesnt have?I paid 27,500 for the GT limited, did not want the spoiler b/c backend is nice as is.The TSX was 27,000.And if you dont want NAV then option for option they match up well.I felt you had to rev the piss out the acura to get it to move and even then its not that impressive.Plus throw in AWD and better handling and for 500 dollar difference it was a no brainer.My neighbor has a 04 TL and we swapped cars and he couldnt believe the performance and ride of the GT.I drove his TL and honestly I would not trade him even up even though his cost 33k.I think subaru spent alot of time and engineering on the new GT and as many cars that I compared it with I kept coming back to it as a hands down winner in all categories that were most important to me.You got to hand to them,they really did there homework and I think they got a real winner here.Im anxious to see all the magazine comparos.I dont see how you could be impressed with the engine in the TSX and a auto to boot,especially since you drive a WRX.Does the TSX need premium?You should be able to get a GT limited for 28k.If so then maybe your wife will see it your way.
  • rob_mrob_m Member Posts: 820
    Craig, thanks for starting this.

I will be needing to replace my 99 GT LTD with 105k in the near future. I have been holding off for the new GT. My short list - GT LTD, TSX non-nav and Altima. I have found a GT for $300 under MSRP and a TSX for $25k. Price will probably be a factor. Unfortunately, I must get an auto, because of dw. I'm glad to hear everyone's impressions. Rob M.
    The GT is way more powerful than the TSX (and feels faster than my WRX) but I was still surprised by the pickup of the TSX with auto. One of my previous (and loved) cars was a 97 Prelude with a 2.0 VTEC 4 and 195HP (200HP in later years). It was a sweet car and a great motor, but was a dog at low RPM and frenetic at high RPM. Not exactly usable around town (ironically, the same goes for the WRX in some ways). The TSX has a 2.4L engine, and iVTEC produces a very broad torque curve that extends to lower RPMs. SO the combination is pretty damn good compared to my experience with the Prelude. I think I said that the acceleration was very "linear" which describes it perfectly in my mind. Coming from a Forester, my wife felt like the TSX was plenty fast (it matches the Forester for torque and adds more HP).

The GT of course was like a muscle car in comparison. A little lag down low, but once the turbo kicked in and the 5EAT began firing off shifts, it was a rocket. I still can't get over those shifts, it was really impressive.

MSRP on the TSX-auto is $27K with invoice at $24.7K. I would never pay more than $25.5K for the car no matter what my wife thinks (thankfully, she lets me handle negotiations and finances with cars). Looks like I can get a GT Ltd auto for about $28.3K at Fitzmall, or $27.5K after our SubaruBucks. So it's going to come down to $2000 in which case the GT looks like a bargain to me.

I still will be limited by my wife's preferences, and she likes the idea of an Acura (in fact if the GT Ltd had an Acura badge she'd probably buy one). Unfortunately, she is not wed to Subaru like me, and she doesn't care too much about sports car qualities.

Craig
  • eugeny10eugeny10 Member Posts: 5
    My wife and I also compared the two. They are both great cars so you can't go wrong with your decision. I liked the GT better, but my wife liked the TSX. The price difference between the two may not be that big depending on how many Acura and Subaru dealers are in your area. Where I live, there is only one Acura dealer who only budged $200 off sticker for the TSX. All Subaru's sell for invoice here. Once that part was laid out, it was an easy decision. We got the Legacy GT auto.
  • dmagoondmagoon Member Posts: 8
    Karen,

You know, I was wondering if I had to actually fork over _all_ of the money before I'd see them in the mail. That seems reasonable, I can wait. Thanks again for the info.

David
  • gotenks243gotenks243 Member Posts: 116
    Why not compare the TSX to the 2.5i Ltd. instead? That way price is in the Subie's column, while still retaining AWD, safety, and adding near-TSX fuel economy (23/30) on regular gas.

The 2.5i is never given enough credit. It's smooth and refined over its predecessors and easily has as much pep as the TSX, especially down low where the 2.5l shows its torque curve advantage. The TSX engine I found a bit more peaky, and the fwd wheelspin (granted this was a manual car) was outrageous!

Try a 2.5i out with the wife and see if that's not the best compromise.

Mike
    The other thing to keep in mind is that the GT probably isn't being discounted much since it just came out. Wait a few months and I bet you'll be able to buy them for close to invoice.

Ken
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Im not sure if theres actually any test numbers available, but the TSX feels a whole lot faster than the 2.5i Legacy, have you actually driven the two? Both produce similar torque, but one offers 35 additional hp and an extra gear ratio for the automatic. I'd put the Legacy 2.5i auto at about 9.1 seconds to sixty, and the TSX auto at about 8 flat, it feels that much faster.

(And I really love the new Subie)

~alpha
  • rob_mrob_m Member Posts: 820
    Ken, you are probably right. There will probably be discounts, and rebates by the winter.

The fact is, I have been spoiled with my 99 GT LTD 30th. It came with every option, and after 105k trouble-free miles, I want to replace it with something comparable.

Mike, the 2.5i is not a bad car. IMO, here is too much difference between that and the GT.

After owning 4 Subarus in the last 12 years, my guess is that I will look at other cars, and buy the GT. Rob M.
  • cbellcbell Member Posts: 11
    We just bought a 2005 Legacy GT Limited wagon with 5EAT. This was the first Garnet Red vehicle that the dealer received (I'll post more about this in the "purchase stories" forum). We're very pleased -- it's the first new car I've ever owned.

There's one very minor issue: I can't seem to find the 12V power outlet in the cargo area. There's a blank plastic disc where the outlet should be, and I can't pry it off (I tried pretty hard, too). Does everyone else have an outlet?

I still have the center console outlet, plus the cigarette lighter; but, I can imagine wanting to use the cargo area outlet, too. If it's missing, can the dealer install this for me; or, am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance, and I am very happy to have landed this fine automobile, especially in a Subaru-crazy city like Portland. -cheers, cbell
  • scottmdscottmd Member Posts: 5
    OK folks, this may be a weird question - I just drove a Legcy GT 5spd manual sedan in Oneonta, NY (Five Star Subaru)and it had climate control! The brochures and the web site say that clim control is ony available on the limited. This car definitely was NOT a limited, it had no leather or moonroof. Beautiful car, BTW!

Thanks!
    Scott
    Was it dual-zone or single zone? The Limiteds have a dual-zone setup, one for the driver and one for the front passenger.

Bob
  • scottmdscottmd Member Posts: 5
    I don't recall whether it was dual or single, but according to the brochures (and Subaru.com)the GT and 2.5i (non-limiteds) have manual controls. On the car I drove, I do remember seeing 2 temperatures on there, I think one said 67 and the other 68 degrees, so it was probably dual zone. The VIN of this vehicle (5 star subaru - Oneonta, NY) is 4S3BL686956204165 in case someone works for SOA. 5 Star Subaru lists clim control on the web site description for this car, as well...
    http://www.fivestarcars.com/en_US/
  • salbaby1972salbaby1972 Member Posts: 165
    05 Legacies only have 1 outlet in hte center console.

The 05 Outbacks have 2, one in the cargo area and one in the center console.

--S
  • cbellcbell Member Posts: 11
    Salbaby, thanks for the response.

I thought that the Legacy also had the outlet? The owner's manual made no distinction between Legacy and Outback, IIRC. Also, cars101 (unofficial of course) says that this is available on the Legacy.

I'm going to call the dealer, but I thought I'd ask first, in case it was something simple (such as "pull the plastic disc off").

Thanks again... -cheers, cbell
  • ssmintonssminton Member Posts: 155
    As a 2003 Honda Pilot owner, I question Honda's current committment to their renowned quality and reliability. I am on these boards today because I am considering selling the "Best SUV". Not that the quality is poor. My Pilot has the same problems every other car has or maybe a few less. Why give up performance, comfort, and ammenities for reliability that is just above average. Not too sure about the TSX, but I know the MDX and Accords are facing similar reviews.
    MDX, Odyssey, and Pilot have all had assorted quality issues over the years. I test drove an MDX back in fall 01 and it had a lot of noticeable defects. I thought these vehicles were getting better recently.

I perused the TSX boards, and noticed the usual share of first year bugs. I'd try to wait for an 05 if we end up going for a TSX.

Craig
    cbell: Congrats on the purchase! I'll soon be joining you with a silver Legacy GT Ltd wagon! Let us know how you like it. I'll also be checking for that rear outlet.

The Subaru website and brochures are wrong. All Legacy GTs (Limited and regular) get auto climate control.

Ken
  • k9nolesk9noles Member Posts: 14
    Hello all...just an observation since 1st fill up of GT Ltd 5MT...averaged 24 MPG for full tank in very mixed stop and go and highway driving. Also, in 35 mile trip to Denver airport this a.m., averaged just under 30 for that trip, which was also mixed driving.

Driving the car as aggressively as I dare while still in break in-no redlines!

Getting all kinds of looks everywhere we go-kids just stare, adults ask questions. Amazing power-both low end torque and high end HP.

Question...My dealer in Boulder, CO (supposedly through their SOA rep-name's John Mergen)said "The offer for a free 3-year maintenance plan was sent to a select group consisting of members of affiliations to Subaru of America. We do apologize for any inconvenience this causes. However, as you were not on the mailing list for this offer, we cannot extend this offer to you."

I GUESS that makes sense, but we're prior Subie owners, and besides, from the way some of you here have volunteered to give your coupons away, it seems as if the things are completely transferable anyway! Dealer claims only knolwedge of free service is on a 39 month lease.

Any thoughts or advice? We ordered in late April and took delivery 6/22/04-got all options and paid 3% over invoice.

Thanks very much...Sorry for protracted post...

Steve
  • bblachabblacha Member Posts: 160
    ... I'm with you on Honda. I bought an Accord to experience "the perfect car," but it's not perfect. Nothing serious, but rattles, rough-shifting slushbox etc. Going back to Subaru now; if there's no "perfect car", might as well get one that's fun. And still pretty darn good.
    Slightly OT, but still related to the 05 Legacy...

Until someone figures out how to connect an iPod directly to the stock headunit, should I even bother with a FM modulator? I don't see any other option in the short run. I also don't want to be the first to take apart the center console and start poking around.

Anyone know which of the FM modulators are better? iTrip, Monster, Belkin?

Ken
    The best FM modulators go inline with the radio antenna cable. Everything else is a crapshoot because it's going to be based on reception between the modulator and the in-glass antenna.

I'm not even sure where to buy an inline modulator -- Crutchfield did not list any on their website. I have a vintage one sitting around in my garage, from 1989 when I hooked up a Sony Discman in my car!

Anybody on nabisco figure out pinouts on the new Legacy radio yet? I know somebody came real close with the Forester XT radio.

Craig
  • legacy191legacy191 Member Posts: 29
    Craig, I feel your pain !!!! we were in the same boat except we were comparing the GT LTD 5EAT to the Acura TL. It came down to price and the secuity of AWD in the winter in Minnesota. The TL was a tough car to walk away from but she compared both cars side by side and she felt that for her the GT LTD was the better fit for her. Hope to be a NEW OWNER of a GT LTD in september of this year..

Tony T
  • goneskiiangoneskiian Member Posts: 381
    cbell - I don't have an outlet in my cargo area either. I don't think the Legacy's get one, just the Outbacks.

As for the dual zone climate control it seems both the GT's and GT Ltd.'s get this feature (contrary to what both the website and brochure state).

I'm over 1000 miles now and have averaged 21.38, 22.28 and 23.48 respectively on my last 3 tanks of gas. FWIW, the trip computer average mpg readout has been slightly higher each time reading 23.1 and 24.3 on the last two tanks (forgot to check on the first tank). I'm not sure why it's reading higher, but the OCD in me is annoyed. ;-)

The first two tanks were about 65/35 city/highway and the last tank more like 75/25.

I'm also very impressed with the A/C. We've had some pretty warm days here in the PNW over the few short weeks I've had my new ride and it cools down VERY quickly.

Thoroughly enjoying my new GT Ltd. Wagon!

Cheers!
    -Ian
    Though the topic has long since been blown by, to be quite honest not even the manual TSX really felt that quick. Granted I haven't driven an auto TSX, but not even the auto 2.5i I drove really "felt" slower. Neither were super fast. Both were adequate. But I have trouble distinguishing between the feel of their acceleration in my memory. The TSX did come alive a bit more at the higher revs, true, but I didn't exactly redline the 2.5i either.

Both did feel impressively quicker than my 97 4EAT Outback, which quite frankly can handle any merging situation and also outaccelerate 90% of cars at stoplights if you put the pedal far enough to the floor. Actual 0-60 doesn't seem like a big deal to me, particularly knowing that even 2.5GTs will spend most of their lives accelerating from a stoplight in traffic that doesn't believe in letting their engines rev over 3000 rpm. In normal situations, at least in my experience a TSX and 2.5i should feel about the same, and both offer ample power for the occasions that it is necessary.

Mike
  • self_mechanicself_mechanic Member Posts: 95
    I saw the Motor Week review on PBS station today. Overall, it was a positive review. The outback XT with 5EAT was clocked at 6.8 Second for 0-60 MPH. The only negative which was mentioned in the review was the average stopping distance of 155 feet for 60 to 0 mph. I would have thought that the reduction in the weight of the vehicle, the stopping distance should be better than 00-04 model year. Subaru definitely needs to improve the braking system. With all the safety features (safety cage body, side and curtain air bags), braking system, which is the first line of defence for avoiding accident, is the weakest point for 05 model.

Alland (02 Bean)
  • luck11luck11 Member Posts: 425
    My 00 OB has the option of installing some air filters to filter the exterior air coming thru the vents. I have used this since day one, especially here in Canada where on a cold dry winter day, you can cut the road salt clouds with a knife.

Do the 05 OBs and Legacies also have this feature?
    Yes, it's an option just like the 00-04 models.

Craig
  • pathtomaxpathtomax Member Posts: 215
    I am a little behind everyone else here in NH, but I finally drove an '05! I am still very happy with my '01 OB 4EAT LTD Wagon, but I had the gift certificate for a drive and thought it would be fun.

I really wanted to drive the Outback XT LTD 5-speed but all they had were automatics at the dealership. They are due in next week. I did get the chance to drive the GT wagon. I have a few notes:

-The leather seats were MUCH more supportive and contoured than my leather seats. They have a great feel to them (higher-end) and they really hold the driver in place.
    - Love the sunroof configuration. The dual roofs that I have now are nothing like the quasi-convertible feel in the GT!
    -That engine is amazing! I kept throwing it into corners and it drove perfectly. Last year I drove an '04 Accord Coupe with 220 HP and the tires were constantly spinning. With AWD, the GT held onto the road with no problems!

I do love my 4EAT, but 250 HP compared to my 168 HP on all highway driving.... I could see one quicker than I expected. :)
    Sounds like the XT, and maybe other Outbacks too, could use the larger Legacy GT's brakes?

Bob
    I'm really surprised at the braking number. The biggest difference in feel between the 2.5i I drove and my 97 Outback when I got back in was the responsiveness of the brakes. The brakes were quick (G35 "touchy" if you will) and felt quite good.

And the XT actually has 11.5 inch front rotors versus the 2.5i 10.8s. I guess the brakes only feel responsive? I'm confused. The XT even has wider tires...

Mike
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Tires probably explain a lot. Outback will also have more dive/squat than a GT, plus it's heavier, so even the bigger rotors wouldn't help it match the GT's anchors.

So, GT LTD is $2000 more than the TSX and AWD is worth about....$2000! So pick the one you prefer.

On one hand, you already have an AWD car and your wife prefers the TSX, plus it'll be hers. Fuel costs will be lower.

On the other, AWD is more versatile and you can get the 3 years of free service, plus you are more familiar with Subaru (and Patti just in case).

Like someone said, the TSX is still just a FWD normally aspirated 4 cylinder. A european tourist might see your car and laugh if he knew what you paid. That might offset your wife's preference for the Acura badge.

Tough call. Give her all the info you've heard here and let her decide. I think the TSX is fine. It's just the Legacy is more than fine - it's awesome.

Jay: power or girl? That one had me rolling. Um, what's she like? ;-)

-juice
  • bgsintthbgsintth Member Posts: 16
    This cannot be just tires alone. As I said elsewhere, I hope that this particular car had glazed rotors and air in the brakes lines as a result of another magazine's testing/flogging. From recollection as an avid motorweek viewer, I cannot recall any car/SUV/truck having such poor braking performance.

I think SOA owes Motorweek/us a response, and if 155 feet is accurate, a major tire/brake upgrade.

And to think I just sold my WRX's Stoptech BBK in preparation for trading the car in for the OBXT.....

Martin
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    C&D's braking distances were a little long, but not out of the ordinary. Might have been an abused press car.

-juice
    Yeah, I know it's a crapshoot but I'm also bummed at the thought of not being able to use my iPod too. Again, it's just a temporary measure until *someone* figures out a hardwire solution.

I'm kind of leaning towards either the iTrip or Monster iCarplay.

I've seen some of the hardwire FM modulator mods and honestly, I think I'd rather swap out the head unit than go through all that trouble and still get FM-quality sound.

Ken