Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS 300/GS 430

Comments

• sunkatsunkat Member Posts: 1
    I lucked out! Last month I emailed the 3 dealers closest to me asking for their best lease offer on a GS430. They all asked to see the other dealers' quotes so they could meet or beat it; I refused and simply asked for their best deal on a loaded 430 (minus collision avoidance system and upgraded wheels/tires). MSRP was just over $58k. I wanted the best deal with $5000 out of pocket at lease inception fpr 36-39 month lease.
    First dealer said $815/mo for 39mo/39k miles, $5k down
    Second dealer said $795/mo for 39mo/39k miles, $5k down
    Third dealer said $669/mo for 36mo/36k miles, $5k down (caveat was Beacon credit score of 780 required for this deal)

Needless to say, I printed out the email from the 3rd dealer and rushed down there before they changed their minds...crossed my fingers as they checked my credit...my Beacon came in at 778 and they still honored their offer! Got to specify colors and took delivery last week. and yes, it is 36mo/36k miles, not 39! The car is simply amazing!
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Okay. Over 36 months, the $5000 down if not paid up front would have added $138.88 to your monthly payment which would have been about $807.88.
    The best I got so far is about $800 for 39 months, nothing down. I called a dealer and he said over $900 a month for 36 months, 36,000 miles, nothing down. When I was about to hang up he asked me how much I wanted to pay and I told him around $750. nothing down. He came back with $800 for 39 months, nothing down. I won't take it though. I think I can do better and if I can't, the Infiniti M can be had for less.
    The first two deals offered you are really over $900 per month with nothing down.
    Add 7% tax to the first deal with nothing down and your payment is really $1020.65 a month for 39 months :sick:
    Still waiting for the legendary Florida1 to post the breakdown of his deal for $695 a month, 36 months, 36,000 miles, nothing down.
  • stillhavealexstillhavealex Member Posts: 1
    well, let me tell u guy's something about what i went threw.. this is the second GS430 i purchase from this dealer(lexus of kendall).. anyways the msrp on the car was $58.995.00 i really got the the car for $58.000 with T>T>T...i think that was a good deal!!! plus key chain car cover and a lexus hat.... ">
    Wow! They really aren't coming off MSRP much at all. I e-mailed Lexus of Kendall for a quote on the GS430. They just ignored me. I bet if it were for the LS430, they would have sent a limo to pick me up. :mad:
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Your message is a tad confusing. Are you complaining about the deal you got or are you pleased? Sticker was 58.9 and you paid 58, INCLUDING tax, title and T? Or what?

Claify.
    Brother! I could get a nicely equipped LS430 for around $55k. What I would give up in handling I more than make up for in roominess and luxury. Have you seen the GS' trunk? What a joke!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    To me the message is saying that stillhavealex is quite pleased, and that yes, the $58k included tax, title and a third T which I assumed he/she meant to be an L for license.
    Remember that prices paid can vary substantially depending on geographical location. And sometimes people inadvertently end up comparing Canadian price quotes to American ones, which obviously gets very confusing. (Not saying that's happening here, but who knows.)

In any case, if someone is happy about their deal I think the thing to do is congratulate them.

~~This message brought to you by Little Miss Mary Sunshine~~

:D:D:D

But I'm serious ...
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Pat: Yes, he sounds pleased about the deal he got but prefaces it by saying, "Let me tell you what I went through," which usually implies some ordeal or unpleasantness. So, that's why I asked him to clarify.
    Well, I guess you go through good things and you go through bad things and you go through "things" in general, but I hear you - let's see if he comes back to clarify for us.

:)
  • bmw_driverbmw_driver Member Posts: 4
    My guess is the T-T-T is "tax, title, and tags" which is how people in my house refer to all those things you pay for after you finalize a price. i've always thought the tags referred to licencse plates from the dmv, but i could be wrong.
    Oh, you are right of course!! :blush:
  • florida1florida1 Member Posts: 42
    what's your email?
  • florida1florida1 Member Posts: 42
    The "legendary" Florida1 is back!

Since I've leased my 430 I'm not on this site as much---decided to jump on and see what all you've been talking about---Only to find out that my old posts are alive and kicking if not being challenged---seems there is a level of cynisism (sp?) in regards to my posted lease details:

I reviewed my lease terms and here they are:
    2006 GS 430
    No Nav or ML
    39mos (I was wrong in original post, it's 3mos longer than I thought)
    $695 per month (tax not included in this price) Comes to roughly $760ish---
    $965.00 check then was out the door (first payment, fee's) (no security, no cap buy-down etc)
    36,000 total miles (roughly 11,400 per year avg)

I leased from JM Lexus (they had 14 430's in stock when I bought) and had an exceptional customer experience--very easy------per the dealerships recommendation I did not lease through Lexus FI because they had poor residuals %'s on the new GS (maybe it's changed don't know)-----went through US Bank with a residual of I think close to 60%---

Summary-absolutley love the car and have had zero buyers remorse---think not getting the Nav and ML was a great decision, sound system is awesome, have driven for 35yrs and not had Nav (been lost 3 times in 35yrs)----Best of all, Bluetooth (the real practical and useful new technology is included with all new GS's) this is great, the one feature I really wanted-----Good luck to all----the car is great
    Hello! Just click on hpowders in blue above this message and you will get my profile which has my email address.
    Please include the MSRP, your capitalized cost, money factor(if you know it), residual(if you know it) and the salesman's name if you remember it when you e-mail me.
    If you have trouble clicking on my profile for some reason, let me know and I will post my e-mail on this thread.
    Thank you!
    hpowders
    You have achieved legendary status because nobody on this thread has come close to the deal you made. When I called JM Lexus, they wouldn't reveal to me that this deal was available. I was ready, willing and able. Sounded like they were doing quite fine without my help. Thought they would be more accommodating. They asked for your name and lease details-salesman,MSRP, capitalized cost, etc; and I told them I would have to get back to them on that.
    JM is my second Lexus dealer I have contacted. Neither aggressively goes after you. No pressure on test drives but no follow up either.
    Please do not post your email address. It is public in your profile and as long as someone is logged in, they can get it by doing just as you say, clicking on the link to your name. If someone can't see it, it's because they are not logged it. Posting it allows every spam bot and any other web crawler to snag it, but having it public in your profile - as you do - only allows logged in members to see it.

:)
    Okay. Thanks.
    hpowders
    I almost made a deal for $670 a month for 39 months on the GS 430 but after reading the fine print in the brochure that the brake pads wear very quickly and have to be checked and possibly replaced every 20,000 miles or so and even worse, the tires have to be replaced at 15,000 miles or less. At around 300 a tire for those 18" run flats, that's at least $2400 just in tire replacements over a 3 year lease.
    Deal breakers. No thanks.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    You do realize they are just *warnings*??? ARe the brake pads really any different from any other Lexus on the market or from other cars?? The tires lasting 15K is just another *warning*. the 17" equipped GS400/430's have been coming with that warning since 1998, and you know what? People have gotten alot more out of those tires than 15K miles. I've read people getting 45-50K miles out of those tires.

Also, you do realize that brake pad wear and tire wear are largely dependant on each independant driver's driving habits???
    Thanks for putting some sanity into all this. I'm not a reckless driver and I do mostly highway driving so hopefully I can get more than 15k out of those tires.
    I just got another nice lease offer and I do believe I will take them up on it.
    I love the GS430.
    If you're not even close to being part of the *Fast and the Furious* crowd you will definately get more than 15K miles out of a set of tires and definately more than 20K out of brakes.
    Thanks. I have an appointment Wednesday to drive the GS 430 one more time before I seal the deal. Never had a Lexus before.
    I almost closed on a GS430 this morning. Was offered a very good deal.
    Same thing. Found the driver's seat extremely uncomfortable. The seat back could not be straightened close to vertical. The most upright position I could achieve put a strain on my back as it caused me to lean back too much. No deal.
    Went next door to try a BMW 545 and found the driver's seat much more satisfactory.
  • sdcalsdcal Member Posts: 16
    Sorry folks, I know I'm not going to be popular on this site, and was really just "checking it out," but I had to comment on this post.

I test drove all the suspects (M's, GS, 545i). They are ALL REALLY NICE CARS. However, I was under whelmed with the 5 series. Not enough bang for the buck, and the interior was too primitive. The GS was very nice, but didn't excite me from the driving perspective. I went with the M45 Sport and am not the least bit disappointed. To say it accelerates like an old pick-up is really a joke (I guess the objective folks at R&T just don't know cars...). The bottom line is if you want a luxury car that's kinda sporty, get the GS, if you want a sports car that more than kinda luxury, get the M.

By the way, in either case, get the V8 (IMO). If your worried about gas mileage, try to Accord. It's almost as good as the Luxury versions and a lot more "practicle."

"Can't we all just get along."
  • airlinephotoairlinephoto Member Posts: 60
    I have to disagree with the V8, not everyone needs it, the GS300 V6 is great for me. I had the Accord and indeed its a terriffic car and I think you get alot for your money for 26K in the loaded Accord V6 leather, but the GS300 is in a completely different league...

JP
    I should also add that the GS300 gets the same gas mileage on hwy (30mpg) as the accord which is a testament to Lexus engineering for putting out 30mpg on a heavier more"energy consuming" platform...

JP
  • dcgasmandcgasman Member Posts: 4
    Hey hpowders,

"Driver's seat was extremely uncomfortable" but you eventually closed a deal on a GS 430 anyway? What put you over the top and convinced you to get the 430 and not the 545, with its "much more satisfactory" seats :) , or the M, which I know was also under consideration in some of your earlier posts.

By the way, I've had my GS 430 for about two weeks - couldn't be happier! Hope your experience will be the same.

Regards,

dcgasman
    No. I didn't close the deal on the GS430. The driver's seat was too uncomfortable for me. I have a very sensitive back and couldn't get comfortable. Wanted the seat back more vertical. Sat in the LS430. Much better seat but am not interested in that vehicle.
    Yes, the 545 is one heck of a fine car. No problem with the seats.
  • minivanmama1minivanmama1 Member Posts: 28
    Take pity on a new member to the board. I am emptying the next of kids to haul around/ and or their stuff to college. My current vehicle is a 1993 Toyota Previa with 155 K miles. Even though we are in the middle of college, I have sacrified long enough (since Dad has a relatively new truck, ATV, dirt bike, and motorcyle). Just about anything would be a step up- but I am interested in a luxury sedan to enjoy. I have a long drive of 30+ miles one way through Dallas traffic and I want a luxury car to enjoy.
    I have admired Acura and Lexus for many years, but my secret prejudice has always been for Lexus. For someone contemplating a Lexus, how would you all suggest I go- new or used? Any dealer suggestions in the DFW area?
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    That depends on what car you're looking for and how much you want to spend. The GS is of course new this year. If you're willing to consider the old one, however, it sat basically unchanged from 2001-2005, so you can get into a loaded '02 GS430 with Nav and the ML stereo for maybe half of the original sticker. The LS430 received powertrain and styling updates for '04, but the '01-'03 LS430s are still excellent cars (I know, I drive one). Thanks to the best reliability of any luxury car company, any used Lexus is a safe choice.
    The first question which will determine everything is how much you want to spend..

JP
    I want to stay around 40K. What do you suggest in that range?
    Loaded ES330? I think the GS with tax and all will push you into the 45 range unless you are one of the guys who can get 4 grand off MSRP like some guys here have done.

JP
    $40K can get you into a new ES330, an '03 GS430, or an '02 LS430. Or, if you really want to have some fun, try a '02 SC430 (provided you dont need any trunk space). Frankly I think the lightly used cars present much greater values than a new ES330. They have already taken the biggest depreciation hit, and should be trouble free for many years. The SC especially is the planet's most reliable car.
  • docnukemdocnukem Member Posts: 485
    It would be nice to know what needs you have regarding size (eg. back seat for kids). If I was in college and had no kids, the Acura TL or the Infiniti G35 coupe with the MT would be a blast. You could also pocket a little change. Since you say a sports sedan and you are posting here on the GS board, a used GS430 would probably be the way to go. Look at the G35 sedan and the M35, though.
    Just curious, why is the SC the planet's most reliable car- relative to an LS or GS?

JP
    Youngest is 17 and unwillingly goes anywhere with parents. Probably only back seat needs long term will be move college man from one apartment to another and semi annual visits to the in-laws 500 miles away. Thanks for the suggestion on the Acura and Infiniti. I guess I have admired my sister in law's Lexuses for a dozen years in the minivan so that is my initial leaning. How do realiability of Acura and Infiniti measure up to Lexus- not to mention repair costs?
    As my brother the engineer put it, "The problem with the nice cars is they have a lot of neat stuff to break. My Toyota has been good but doesn't have all the neat stuff my wife's Lexus has and that neat new stuff seems to like to break (automatic folding mirrors for example). Also the repairs are much more on her Lexus than my Toyota (even regular scheduled maintenance like 30K mile maintenance)."
  • docnukemdocnukem Member Posts: 485
    Sorry, I misunderstood your initial post. I overlooked the "emptying the nest of kids" and focused on "in the middle of college".

If you want a sport sedan, look at the Acura TL (although you will hear of understeer from the FWD), GS, G35, M35, or any 3/5 series.

If you want reliable luxury, look at a used Lexus LS.

If you want a nice sedan that will respond when you floor it but may not handle the curves quite as well as the sports sedan, you might check out the new Avalon (fully loaded for around 38k). Another alternative if you don't want to draw attention to yourself but want a reasonably fast sedan and want to feel good about yourself would be the Honda Accord Hybrid (fully loaded for--I think--about 33k)
  • r1_97r1_97 Member Posts: 181
    Try a new RX330. My wife loves hers.
    Somehow the RX had not been on my radar screen. I guess after years in the van the idea of a car sounded better. What pleases your wife so about this? Do I need to go the RX330 board?
    "The clean sweep of five individual segment awards by Lexus and the record 10 awards overall is a significant achievement," said Don Esmond, TMS senior vice president, automotive operations. "As we continue to expand our manufacturing operations globally, it is gratifying to see that we continue to prioritize quality."
    The Lexus SC 430 hard top convertible and the LS 430 luxury sedan finished one-two in the study overall, as well as the premium luxury car segment."

The LS430 is the planets most reliable sedan, but the SC430 takes top honors for any car. It set JD records again this year, with PP 100 vehicles below 50.

minivanmama1, reliability for Infiniti and Acura is very good...but they cant come close to Lexus. Acura in particular did rather poorly (for Acura) in IQ this year. I think problems with the TL and RL especially are hurting them.

As for the RX, as a luxury SUV, its a fabulous car. My wife has an '01 RX300 and still loves it. Even though it uses the ES330 as a foundation, the RX330 was all new for 2004, and offers a lot of features you cant get on the ES such as a power tilt\telescope steering column with memory and a rear back-up camera. Loading up an RX will bring the price to the mid to high 40s though. I would suggest a loaded CPO '04 RX330 if you want to go the RX route. Get all the features without paying the price, (or taking nearly any penalty in terms of warranty time).

Its true that repairs and such for a Lexus, Infiniti, or Acura will cost more than for Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Its just part of owning a luxury car. Is it worth it? Absolutely. What I would suggest, is plan to spend several hours at a Lexus dealer. Try out an ES330, a used GS430, a used LS430, and an RX330. They are all very different cars, and you should really get a feel for what each one is like, and what they can offer, before making a decision.
  • jj4u2cjj4u2c Member Posts: 2
    I was just reading all these forums and everybody seems to be happy with there car's as am I. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago and we love it, But I do have a question for all of you. I am looking for a front end mask or (bra) if you will. and can't seem to find anything out there. I would like to keep the front end as clean as possible when i take it out on the freeway. Also I ended up buying the GS300 but my wife really likes the wheels off the GS430 the dealer would not let me trade up these wheels for the five spoke with out pay an arm or leg. Does anybody have a set they want to get rid of?
    I really wouldnt recommend one of those car bras. In many cases they will do more damage to the paint then not having one.

As for wheels, try ebay. Its a good place to get un or very lightly used oem wheels that people have taken off their cars for customs, at way below dealer prices.
    Hi - glad you are enjoying your new ride! As lexusguy mentions, eBay is a good bet for replacement wheels. I need to remind you that we don't use these Forums for buying or selling anything (see link to MA on left or email me), but we can help point you in the right direction. Have fun!
    I would get one of the clear front end bra's. Check out www.xpel.com for example.
  • r1_97r1_97 Member Posts: 181
    It's got enough space for large packages/garden supplies etc. She gets a good view of the road because seats are higher than sedans, it's Lexus quality and luxury, it looks good, runs great, relatively cheap on gas compared w/ other SUVs.

You can go to the RX330 board, but better, test drive one yourself. Test all the cars on your radar screen and let us know what you like and don't like.
  • jj4u2cjj4u2c Member Posts: 2
    Thanks guy's the info on the clear bra was good! I'll get back to you guys in a bit....
  • alans1alans1 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my Matador red/cashmere GS 430 three weeks ago in S Florida. It is without a doubt the most technologically advanced vehicle I have ever driven. I did not select the precollision system but everything else. The navigation system and DVD base is light years ahead of CD arangement of yesteryear.

With six speed transmission is moves incredibly smooth and seems faster than the 2002 GS 430 I previously owned. I can't imagine driving without the back up camera.

I wish the Blue tooth had a way to pick up some calls as "private" thought the convenience of hands free is reassuring when driving.

The fit finish and color combination shows the attention to detail of Lexus.
    After much debate and haggling I was able to reduce the price of $58334 to 54800.

I wish I had added the XM satellite system at the port because it cost $700 at the dealer . Oh well my fault. Climate controls and audio interface much improved. GReat sound from ML surround sound but with only 100 watts going to subwoofer I am bringing the car into to have an Infinity 10" sub with amp of 200watts added to trunk .
    This is a compact self contained unit that I have previously used in another vehilce.Since I am not a teen or 20 something, 300 watts of bass and 550 watts of sound overall is more than enough for my 50 yr old ears.

The GS 430 is far superior to the Infinity M45 which I drove . That is a powerful car but much heavier by 250 LBS over GS 430 and you feel the difference. The Infinity roars when you accelerate and corners awkwardly , the inertia resists sudden changes in direction as the shocks strain to compensate. The Lexus is silky smooth and feels cat like.
    A touch screen is always preferable to a dial or knob.

SEats were comfortable and adjusts with three settings for driver and passenger.

Well worth the price and enjoyment level.I wouldn't let the dealer sell it to you for anything close to list.

Flint mica was my second choice....also beautiful.
  • jonesok1jonesok1 Member Posts: 97
    Congrats on your new G4. The more you drive it, the more you'll like it, at least that's been the case with my GS430. I agree totally with your impressions. There really is no comparison to the GS430 for overall balance. Yes, the M45 may be a bit faster, and may handle a bit tighter, but in everyday driving, it doesn't compare to the ride, comfort and luxury of the GS430 at all in my opinion.

I didn't want the nav-and as for ML, I only listen to news anyway, so that's not too important to me. I used to have Sirius, and I've been informed by Sirius OEM rep that a new kit will be available for the GS around August or so. I've looked at the installation, and while you could spend a lot of time installing it because the instructions have you taking off the bumper and other panels to route the antennae cable, in reality, it could be routed a lot easier and quicker just be dropping it over the edge to the recevier which mounts under the rear window panel. I may just do it myself. The XM kit cost is about $300 alone, so you paid $400 for the install, which, if done according to the book, is understandable.

Enjoy!

One sweet ride.