Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Jetta 2006+

1222324252628»

Comments

• warhubwarhub Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for your replies. Apparently there is not a 2008 black GLI with a manual transmission and the autobahn package anywhere on the entire east coast. I asked 3 dealers to search for the car and none are around and nobody can tell when one will show up in the port. Therefore, I've been told that if I want this car I need to order one from the factory. This is the dilemma with the wheels, but I think I've got it solved. I spoke to three local tire shops and they all told me that I would be crazy to buy the 18" wheels and tires. They understood that they look better and MAYBE corner a bit better (although riding rougher), but said that the tires would DEFINITELY be more likely to pick up nails or blow out upon hitting debris or a pothole. They also said, given that I live in the northeast and occasionally take the car into NYC, that I'd destroy the rims and that they wouldn't look so pretty for long after scraping curbs or hitting potholes in the city and in the snowy burbs. I think I'll just go with the 17's and live with it. I'm sure I'll love them just the same.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Gee.. if you only liked yellow... I think every dealer has a left-over '07 in bright, bright yellow... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• billinmainebillinmaine Member Posts: 1
    This may be an odd question, but I trying to decide between a VW Rabbit and Jetta. Currently, I have an 04 Passat, which I love but I am tired of paying for premium gas and I don't need a midsize car. I have test drove both models, and I noticed that the Rabbit (4 door automatic) felt a little more sporty and sprightly than the Jetta automatic(maybe due to differences in weight)? In short, I like the way the Rabbit drives slightly more. However, the dealer is offering a better lease on the Jetta, which has slightly better equipment such as bigger wheels and a leather steering wheel but I could probably get the lease for the same price. I realize this is a personal decision regarding a hatchback vs. sedan (I've never had a hatch) but I was wondering if anyone else noticed differences between the 2 models and had some feedback. Thanks
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Initially, my choice was the GTI over the GLI (Rabbit over the Jetta). However, the GTI had less cargo space over the GLI and that was a deciding factor for my wife and I. And my wife, having just been rear-ended, chose the Jetta sedan bodystyle over the hatchback style since it seems to offer more of a buffer zone, compared to the cargo area of the hatchback, i.e. the Jetta trunk is longer than the Rabbit cargo area.

It is likely that the Rabbit is sportier than the Jetta due to the qualities you pointed out. Also, the Rabbit is made in Germany (at least, the GTI is) while the Jetta is made in Mexico. If that is something important to you, then that may affect your decision and was one of the reasons why I preferred the Rabbit.

The deal-clincher, as you may have already noticed, is that VW is more likely to discount on the Jetta rather than the Rabbit. I picked up our 2007 GLI with DSG and PKG 0 for $21500 + taxes back in October 2007. That was about $3000 below invoice. A similarly equipped GTI was going for about $2000 more at that time and I could not honestly justify the price difference. And so far, the GLI has not exhibited any quality defects that I had concerns about, since it was made in Mexico. In our current world of globalization, it may not really matter where a vehicle is manufactured since the manufacturer would likely employ the same manufacturing technologies in all their factories.

BTW, the 2.5L in the Rabbit and Jetta are not as fuel-efficient as the 2.0T in the GTI and GLI, even if the 2.5L uses regular gas while the 2.0T is recommended for premium gas. I only use premium gas on our GLI.
  • barbtbarbt Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading the reviews on the volkswagen jettas and have seen so many bad ones. Are the problems with specific models or years? Does it depend on weather the car has manual or automatic transmission? Or is it just ALL jetta's, ALL years, ALL transmissions? Volkswagen used to have such a great reputation. They used to be right up there with Toyota.

Help! Does anyone think Jetta's are any good?
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Does anyone think Jetta's are any good?

Yes.

What sort of problems?

We have the first model year of this car (which was actually 2005, despite the discussion title). We had a few things in the first year, which was not unexpected, since it was a new model. But we are happy with the car.

Actually VWs reliability reputation was in the toilet. It is this new Jetta (and the Rabbit) that have been better, with average or above in reliability, according to CR surveys.
  • lightseylightsey Member Posts: 1
    When I purchased my 2006 Jetta (package II) back in Nov 2005, I received a 3 month trial subscription to XM. Since the trial, I have NOT had XM service. However, my dad reactivated the account as my Christmas present this year and since, I have been unable to get the satellite radio to work properly. When I activated the service, I was allowed to hear channel 01 and 247. I tried refreshing the signal about (4) times over the course of a week and every time received a "FAILURE" message across the factory installed radio's screen. I've come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong, whether it's the modulator or the wiring or the signal, I don't know.

Can anyone please shed light on the situation? Of course, when calling the dealer they immediately assumed the satellite modulator is bad and tried to sell me a new one for $500 uninstalled.

If I can receive channels 01 and 247, does that mean the modulator is working? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

:mad:
  • smallcar1smallcar1 Member Posts: 76
    I am considering buying a new Jetta. How are the repair costs compated to Japanese cars?

I have heard horror stories about repair costs for BMW and Audi.

Thanks.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    Yes, if 01 and 247 are working, that sounds consistent with your satellite receiver/demodulator performing exactly as expected for one that has no valid subscription.
    call sirius and tell them the serial number of the receiver and they can help you.
    also you can probably lookup your account/serial-number via their web site.
    Sirius customer service is outstanding in my experience.
    If you click on "TIPS & ADVICE" and then go to "true cost to own" you can get edmunds estimates of average repair and maintenance costs for 5 years/75 K miles. To me, this is a better way to compare, rather than anecdotal information that you will get from individual owners.

We have had no repairs that we had to pay for on our 2005.5 Jetta 2.5 (except for a flat tire). I don't think our maintenance costs per proceedure have been unusually high, but they do ask for some things to be done more often than some other manufacturers: change brake fluid at 2 years, change spark plugs at 40K mi or 4 years.
  • weaselinsuitweaselinsuit Member Posts: 78
    I appreciate that I can read through the various posts, and have done so, but was wondering if anyone out there had an 06 2.5 manual and what their experience was with it? My company has one for sale and I am seriously considering buying it but there seems to be a lot of contradictory info out there regarding reliability. Also, how often does the timing belt have to be changed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
  • micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    I owned two different Golfs in the early and mid-part of this decade, and learned a couple of things from my ownership:

VW's are great fun to drive and have a - hate to use this word but its the most accurate - cachet that Corollas, Hondas, Scions can't match.

VW does almost everything "it's own way" and it's NOT a good idea to use an oil shop or independent garage - except maybe one specializing in VW's - for services.

VW dealers can charge quite different prices for the same service, so it pays to shop around.

For example, the oil used in VW is not only supposed to be full synthetic, it is an unusual grade - 5W-40 - and has to satisfy a specific VW specification as well. The VW drain plug is supposed to be completely replaced at every oil change, not just the washer, to prevent oil pan damage. VW coolant is different. And it goes on.

Fortunately the fluids and parts and services are competitively priced (my dealer oil changes were only about $50) and service was good - I had no desire to use a Jiffy Lube, for example, and if you use their fluids, you can go the recommended oil change intervals (an initial short 5,000 mile interval, followed by 10,000 mile changes). My 40k "major tuneup" at which plugs were replaced only cost me $300, same as or less than the 30k mile "service packages" the Toyota and Honda dealers tried to push on me WITHOUT a spark plug change. And changing the brake fluid is a good idea than more manufacturer's should embrace - brake fluid is hygroscopic - naturally draws water vapor out of the air - and moisture is brake fluid's worst enemy. True, the resulting problem might only arise coming down a mountain where the brakes are constantly used, but VW seems to care more about performance than other makers, so I applaud them for their caution.

You will probably occasionally hear a story of VW "repair hell", which is, imho, mainly a result of VW's market share - they are a "thinly" sold line, and there aren't all those expert mechanics like they have in Europe to quickly solve problems. You can avoid repair hell by selecting a good dealer with a good service department that has low service staff turn-over and a good reputation. Once again, VW is not a brand to be blase with about choice of after-market service, and not a brand to take to Jiffy Lube or the gas station mechanic - it's a specialized product, and if you shop as carefully for service and maintenance, and do what the owner's manual asks (which isn't that much), you'll almost never have a problem, and minor problems will be quickly fixed.
    I should add that I had to purchase an extra bottle of oil after my oil changes and add half a quart or so every 3,000 miles. Since as a matter of caution I had the dealer change my oil at 5,000 miles instead of 10,000 miles, one quart was enough. VW's design philosophy is that a little oil use is good, it means more is coating the cylinder walls and valve guides, an engine that doesn't use oil probably has rings and seals that don't let enough oil into the places that don't usually get enough lubrication, if you drive hard. Keep in mind VW assumes hard drivers, other makers assume tame automatic drivers.
    how often does the timing belt have to be changed?

Never, the 2.5 engine has a timing chain not a belt.
  • Jetta2006Jetta2006 Member Posts: 1
    im getting ready to turn in my 2006 lease. i have not had any problems w/the jetta, the maintenance cost has not been too expensive. The oil changes should be done by either the dealer or someone who speicalizeds in VW.
  • weaselinsuitweaselinsuit Member Posts: 78
    ...I really appreciate it.

I've had the vehicle inspected and it has oil leaks from somewhere in the engine. Without going further and shampooing the engine to locate etc. it could be a number of things but according to the mechanic "all under $1K". They had to put a further 2 litres of oil back in it.

I think I may just pass and keep looking. Fun little car to drive though.
  • kjcarwkjcarw Member Posts: 1
    Here's my experience.

March of 09, I will have had my 2.5 L Jetta for two years, bought it, not leased.

Oil change and tire rotation costs about 80 bucks, at the VW Dealership in Huntsville, AL that I use. But, they wash it for you every time they service it.

I'm not a "harsh" driver, but the Jetta is my main source of transportation. I've had to have roadside come to my house and pick up the car on a flat bed twice (which is free of charge for the first four years, so that's nice, since I live like 30 miles from the dealer). First time, Jetta had 12k miles on it, and the battery flat died. Which I know is not a VW problem but still. That was under warranty, so they came got it, replaced it and I went and got it the next day.

Second time was about two weeks ago. In November, I had the 20k service package done (around 300 dollars, they reccomend these packages where they do everything from re-lube the sunroof to oil change, run tests on the computer, tire rotation, take off and clean several wheel components, and flush all the liquids, they reccomend this at 20, 40, and 60k miles) In the past few weeks, I had noticed a small rattling noise whenever I hit a bad bump in the road. (we all try to avoid these but sometimes you can't due to on coming traffic) Well week before last, I hit a bad bump, and all the way home it seriously sounded like one of my front tires was going to fall off. I wasn't too far from home, so I drove like 10mph the rest of the way, screching and all. They came picked it up, and the next day said I needed new "Strut Bushings" and they would order them and they will be under warranty. They drove it and said they didn't hear anything. Also mentioned I may need new tires, which bewilder's me since these are supposed to be 40k tires and I have 24k on them now and they're saying that. I typically don't keep a new car past 75k miles. I may trade the Jetta in before then if this keeps up.
    The tires that come standard on Jetta are Contenintals. I will prob get michelens this next time.

Whatever you do, if you are "buying" the car, negotiate the extra warranty to 100k. It will be worth it from what I'm seeing right now.

I do love the car though, and get compliments on it all the time.
    My 40k "major tuneup" at which plugs were replaced only cost me $300.

Did that include a brake fluid change? Did it include replacing the cabin/pollen filter? (I assume that it included air filter, oil change and tire rotation in addition to plugs)

My dealer's 40K package is much higher, they include some extras that VW does not require. I have not yet gotten their "ala-carte" prices to just to the required stuff. My own, I think generous, educated guess is the required 40K should be maybe $350-400 (including brake fluid change and cabin filter).
    My bad. I pulled the actual old receipt. The total with air filter, pollen filter, new plugs, brake fluid flush, was $430.87. Back in April of 2003. Considerably more than I remembered.
  • skyski71skyski71 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 06 VW diesel Jetta in 07. It has only 3500 miles on it currently. The battery died, wouldn't accept a jump, car had to be towed to dealer. Battery was recharged and declared a good battery. No reason could be given to me as to why the battery died. The car is kept in a heated garage.
    Has anyone had battery problems such as this with VW Jetta?
    Hey thanks for checking :shades:

But 2003 :confuse: ...I thought we were talking about 2006+ (which, I continue to point out to edmunds, really should be 2005.5+ :mad: ) Jettas here.

So that was probably right around $400, before taxes and fees were added on. My dealer used to have the package (with their extras) at $500, but always had a $50 coupon. They bumped up to $550, so $500 with the readily available coupon. (I happen to have a better coupon for 20% off).

In addition, to what you listed and a tire rotation, they include rebalance wheels, fuel filter, and cleaning fuel injectors in the package.
    I got the "ala-carte" pricing from my dealer and it would be about $380 (plus tax and fees) for all the maintenance items in the VW 40K mi/48 month list, except for scanning the on board computer. Checking the computer would add $99. All the other "check" items are no charge.

I'm thinking since the end of the full warranty period is near, I'll have them do the scan, just in case that would identify a warranty repair that is needed. With that added in, I am thinking I may as well take their package deal since it will only be another $70 (actually $56 with my 20% off).
  • PhaetonboiPhaetonboi Member Posts: 4
    I have this constant dilemma, its not buyers remorse, I have been in my Audi A3 for 9 months, so its too late for that. I MISS my VW's! And I feel that I am paying for the name in the high lease rate ie. $405.00/mo

Dealer next to my house has a CPO 2006 Grey GLI..awesome! Everything I wanted, some things in the GLI that SHOULD have been in the A3. Alas, my dilemma is do I suck it up and keep the A3 for another two years when the lease is up, or do I spring for the $15,800 GLI that has 37,000 miles on it, and roll in the negative equity? Do you think my new payment could be lower than what I am currently paying?

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks!
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I would think *stay* with the A3 since you don't want to end up "paying" to leave your current automobile.

But...as you know, your value at the end of your lease is a big zero (assuming you don't have to dish out money for tires,dents, etc).

But...if you get a 20k loan (playing pretend) for 5 years at 6% that equals $387 (less than your lease)...AND you'd have some equity left after paying it off.

I think most dealers will not carry a large negative equity so it all depends on what you owe to get out of your current vehicle.

You purchased (leased) the A3 knowing that there are other CPO'd vehicles out there...so I'd make sure that I really want to go through the process; plus you'd want to make sure you'd keep the GLI...it would be difficult to swap out again with a negative equity (need the GAP Ins too).
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Though tempting to swap out for the Jetta, it's just not worth the negative equity on a loan for 3 year old car...especially now unless $ is not an issue. Keep what you've got and in two more years, then look for a certified Jetta. Ask yourself...do you "need" the Jetta...or do you just "want" it? Having a similar issue on a '07 Volvo S40. A co-worker is turning in her black S40 in about 6 months and I really want that car. But my '06 Civic has low mileage, under 20k still, and was bought for cash. Do I really want to take a car which will have about 40k miles on it or do I keep my cheap to keep flawless Civic? I "want" it...but I don't "need" it. I do feel your pain though...it's a really cool looking black S40!

The Sandman :confuse:
  • PhaetonboiPhaetonboi Member Posts: 4
    Thanks so much for advice. I will let you know, heading to carmax to get an idea what they would pay for it just as a starting point. Will keep posted on what happens. Again i appreciate the reality check:)
    Surely you jest in the current economy? Don't rock your FICO score boat. Did you get the A3 new or used? If new, keep it for sure, you now JUST how it has been maintained and driven. Beside, generally Audis are more prestigious than VW's.
  • furleyfurley Member Posts: 13
    COSTLY!!!! THAT'S WHAT I HATE ABOUT VW.
  • furleyfurley Member Posts: 13
    I hand a Lincoln before this VW; the Lincoln was cheaper to maintain/service!! Go figure. :mad:
  • homerkchomerkc Member Posts: 113
    I just hit the 40K service interval on my 2007 Jetta; the dealer proposed $435 for the entire service EXCEPT brake fluid change. That's basically $435 for new plugs, air filter, cabin filter, and a look-over. SO, I had them change the oil and I changed the plugs and filters. Parts totaled $85 w/tax, and the work was done in less than an hour (including the web search for photos as to where the connection points are found in removing engine cover.) That's for Iridium plugs and filters that come from the same Mexican factory as those VW branded (Mann uses different colored paper and rubber - they are easy to recognize.) I recommend that anyone can do it yourself.
  • popadopolispopadopolis Member Posts: 16
    So your dealer only charged you for oil and filter change for your 40K service? Sounds like a good deal to me! By the way, what was the charge for oil and filter change at your dealer, and where are you located?
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    White gold is replacing Laser Blue. Not too many changes. The new touch screen nav for 09 has dropped in price. However it doesn't include the MDI. The iPod adapter is being discontinued for 09. Instead they will replace it with the MDI w/iPod cable. The MDI with the iPod cable gives you full integration unlike that POS VW iPod adatper that acts like a CD changer. The TDI sedan gets Bluetooth with Voice control. Revised steering wheel. The biggest change is the headunit. VW is replacing the stock Premium VII stereo with the Premium VIII touch screen radio. Has an SD card and but no HDD Navi like the RNS-510. It's a touch screen radio but no Nav.

Jetta S
    Exterior:
    16” alloy wheels - “Sedona” design replaces “Mugello”
    Exterior color - White Gold replaces Laser Blue

Interior:
    Revised instrument cluster, interior trim, seat, steering wheel, wheels
    Interior color - Latte Machiatto (new color) available for cloth

Jetta SE
    Exterior:

Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity standard
    Premium VIII (touchscreen) radio replaces Premium VII radio
    MDI w/ iPod cable replaces iPod adapter option at same price
    Interior color – Gray interior no longer available

Options:
    Navigation price reduced with elimination of MDI

Miscellaneous:

Jetta SEL
    Exterior:

Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity with Voice Control and MDI - Standard
    Revised instrument cluster, interior trim, seat, steering wheel

Options:

Miscellaneous:

Jetta TDI
    Exterior:

Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity with Voice Control - Standard

Options:

Jetta Wolfsburg
    Technical:
    2.0T engine
    Sport suspension

Exterior:
    17” alloy wheels
    Black grille

Interior:

Jetta SportWagen
    Exterior:
    New headlights
    New hood
    New radiator grill/air intake
    VW logo
    New front bumper with side marker
    Front fenders
    New wheel housing
    New rear bumper
    Tail lights darkened
    Deletion of whip antenna, now in window
    16” alloy wheels option

Interior:
    New door panels
    New mirror housing
    New belt buckles
    Combi instrument
    New controls for climate
    New steering Wheel
    New fabrics

Jetta SportWagen S
    Interior:

Options:
    Bluetooth Connectivity

Jetta SportWagen SE
    Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity Standard

Options:
    Navigation – price reduced with deletion of MDI

Jetta TDI
    Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity standard
    Addition of multifunction steering wheel

Options:
    Navigation – price reduced with deletion of MDI

Exterior Color
    White Gold replaces Laser Blue

Interior Color
    Gray interior no longer available

Here are all the changes. Hope this helps.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    The front end will look like the new MKVI golf. It will get the new climate control and possibly the MKVI steering wheel. It will probably get the new white dot MFD that uses BAP. There are two bluetooth modules. 9W2 and 9W3. 9W2 is a basic bluetooth kit that will be used in lower trim levels. It has no display and it mounts on the overhead console. The other kit is 9W3. 9W3 is the high end multi purpous bluetooth kit that does everything you would expect a bluetooth kit to do. It can integrate with the RCD/RNS-510 and the MFD. If you have the MFSW then it can do voice dialing.
  • jodar96jodar96 Member Posts: 400
    I just bought a used 2008 Jetta S auto with 28K for my niece and drove it 1800 miles to Washington state and dropped it off.

The car drove very nicely, handled the curves, and incline driving really well. The transmission shifted down several times and pulled strong at 75-80 mph. In North Dakota and Montana, drove at 90mph. The cabin is quiet, Both road and wind noise were low.

The mileage was low of 27 and high of 30.5. I found the fit and finish as good as the 2008 Accord that we sold several months ago.

The likes: seat comfort, displays, interior finish, well matched engine/transmission, brakes, handling, ride, low road/wind noise, trunk space.

Dislikes: rough sounding and growling engine at start up and take offs, lack of A and B trip meters, Low mpg, The gas mileage (when driven under 70mph) at 3200 pounds and 2.5L displacement should be in 32-35 range and not 29-30.

If the reliability continues to be decent, I feel Jetta is a better car over Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. These two do not match Jetta's solid feel and handling, or rich interior finish.

Joe
    "Dislikes: rough sounding and growling engine at start up and take offs, "

I had the same motor experience when I test drove a 2007 Rabbit with the same 5 cylinder engine. But by the time I finally bought - a 2009 Rabbit - the engine was super smooth and quiet, feels more like a 4 cylinder. None of the "attributes" car magazines ascribe to 5 cylinder motors - no "lumpiness", "lope" or growl.
    My 2007 Jetta now has 43K miles, and there have been no real problems. I saw excessive brake dust on the back wheels, but the dealer fixed the problem (after two tries and new calipers). Those are the original brakes @ 43K, and they have some miles left in them. Original tires will need to be replaced soon - no other problems. Still comfortable and fun. I get 25 MPG in mixed driving, down from the 26 average when I did a bit more highway driving. On a trip, I got 30-31 MPG with a lot of the miles between 75-80 (and a couple of miles over 100). This has been such a nice car that my wife's next car will be a Sportwagen (though she insists on an automatic.)
  • wmenkingwmenking Member Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2009 Jetta SE wagon and want to protect the car. I have been looking for a bumper bra...where is the best place (website) to purchase this product and all
    VW parts. I have been on many vw parts websites but they are not great. What do you suggest?
  • steve3275steve3275 Member Posts: 2
    Kind of a specific inquiry, but wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem...

I have an '06 Jetta Value edition with 66K. (bought it in '05) I live in Florida. In the past two weeks I have noticed that my a/c is intermittently taking longer to blow cool air. It is to be expected that it would take a few minutes, especially after sitting in the Florida heat. However, it might take 10 minutes before it starts to cool down. In addition, I have noticed a slight grinding sound after I turn on the a/c. It sounds like metal on metal.

So, I took my car into the dealership yesterday. They told me that the a/c clutch and compressor were disintegrating and metal shavings were getting into the a/c system. They said it would cost $1785 to replace all the parts and flush the system. On a side note, my rear brakes are squealing again, and that will cost $275 to replace. Of course, I have no warranty left, and no extended warranty.

I bought this car brand new in 2005. I have owned other cars in Florida and have not experienced anything like this. I really love the Jetta, but the costs to repair and maintain it are excessive.

So, before I go out and buy a Civic, I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same problem.

Thank you.
    My experience was with a vastly different car, but A/C compressor design wasn't radically changed for our Jettas. I had a clutch fail a few years back - there was a red/brown dust visable around the compressor - but I didn't have it looked at until it was too late. Earlier, they could have replaced only the clutch and retained the compressor. I waited until the compressor housing was also chewed up, making it impossible to mount a new clutch unit. Still, there were no "metal shavings" in the system. The compressor clutch is external to the air or coolant system. I would think that at worst, you would need a new compressor and clutch. It's belt driven and external. Perhaps someone other than the VW dealer could give you a price. I had my work done at a local repair shop who had the equipment to recharge the A/C after disconnecting the compressor. There was no "flushing" necessary. By the way, everyone else buys compressors from some supplier in Japan, so I can't imagine VW is doing otherwise. Even the cost of a new compressor should be less than $1700.
    I just leased a 2009 Jetta wagon and am looking to purchase a protective
    bumper bra. I have looked on a number of different websites and found nothing.
    What is the best site or store to purchase this and other VW stuff?
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    3M makes a film that many installers use and market as a "Clear Bra". Your dealer may even offer something.
  • steve3275steve3275 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info!

Well, since my earlier post I went to get a second opinion with an a/c mechanic. He said the compressor was going bad. He also said that he has seen this very same problem with many other 2005 Volkswagens. Very strange.
    Thanks for the help...never heard of this product and service.
This discussion has been closed.