Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MazdaSpeed 6....Is it real?

sry110sry110 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Mazda
I have heard about a supposed MazdaSpeed version of the 6, but I haven't seen pictures or anything else too concrete to support it. Is this just a myth, or will this car actually see production?

Comments

• boxfanboxfan Member Posts: 180
    There's a "Mazda6 MPS" that was a car show concept last year. I don't know if there's any evidence that it'll make it to production. Read about it at http://apps.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/75396/page014.htm- l
  • zaimonzaimon Member Posts: 124
    This month's car and driver features a Long Term test of the Mazda 6 and hints at that Mazda will introduce the Mazdaspeed 6 sometime during 2004 (as a 2005 model?).
  • buxfanbuxfan Member Posts: 2
    I saw the same article and now I'm looking everywhere to try and find out some specifics on the mazdaspeed version. I'll bet it has at least 250 HP and 18 wheels!
  • scmike1scmike1 Member Posts: 10
    a Mazdaspeed 6. I just got my 6 yesterday and want to be happy with it for a long time. If there is to be a Mazdaspeed 6, I'll just want it and risk a messy divorce. ;)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Discussion reactivated by request!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jstandeferjstandefer Member Posts: 805
    It sounds like Mazda will be doing a Mazdaspeed 3 for the 2005 model year, and the Mazdaspeed 6 will follow after that. I would expect a Mazdaspeed 6 will approach $30k loaded, and that would put it in with some competition that the 6 really wasn't designed to compete with. Right now, the best way to avoid a divorce is to not test drive an RX-8.
  • zaimonzaimon Member Posts: 124
    I think the RX-8 would be a nice compromise for the married couple who no longer have infants. 4 seats with good room in the back for kids.

Yah, CNN.com reported that the MS3 is on its way for a 2005 MY release and that the MS6 is on its way soon after.
  • jbhogenjbhogen Member Posts: 21
    Can't find it, can you post the full link?
This discussion has been closed.