Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Ford Escape Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    They can really make or break an entire car buying experience. When I bought my wifes 04 Tribute ES it was an add car. Beings it was on add the price was in stone. They had also advertised and 05 Tribute for 1K more. I didn't notice until that night they had charged me for the 05 Tribute!! Boy, was I peeved. I went down first thing in the morning expecting a fight. No problem, they offered to either redo all the paperwork or cut me a check right there for the 1K. I opted for the 1K check.... Still, I wonder if they were just hoping I wouldn't catch it. There is a 3-day cooling off period for car contracts in my state . So, I would have backed out of the whole deal if they would have pushed the issue... ;)
  • Options
    clariosclarios Member Posts: 19
    I bought an extended warranty on my last car, and I was glad I did. Now, I just bought one for my new Mariner. Your best bet is to buy it as early as possible. Though, you get the same coverage if you buy it the same day you buy the car as if you buy it on the last day of your warranty, the less miles you have when you buy it, the cheaper it is. I bought mine when the vehicle had less than 2000 miles, or the price would have been higher. Also, on my first car, I opted for the cheaper $100 deductible policy. This time, I paid extra for the $0 deductible (experience; used it several times, at $100 per visit). Also, when selecting a plan make sure you get the coverage you want and need. Exclusionary plans are almost the same as the original bumper-to-bumper warranty; that is, they cover everything, except for a few things in the "excluded" list. Finally, if the Mazda plan has a good price, go for it. If not, use a third-party company. I opted for Warranty Direct over the Ford plans (warrantydirect.com). But whatever company you chose, do your homework. Make sure they don't have bad claim reports with the Better Business Bureau, and that they are fully insured and financially backed (to protect your warranty plan against bankruptcy of the company). Good luck.
  • Options
    ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    Can you refi right away if you take the 1k rebate. At first dealer said 3 months, I called back after purchased because it was not in any docs including truth and lending. I told her "you get a chargeback if I refi within 3 months, correct?" and their is no condition. She said I was correct about that. So I want to make sure to see if anyone has dealt with this and get a better answer. Im about to call Mazda credit to make sure. I think Im correct that I can refi without an issue.
  • Options
    dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    My dealer told me three months too, but I called Mazda Credit and they told me there was no 3 month penalty period and that I could refinance anytime I wanted.

You may want to call just to double check, but you should be fine.
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    you can payoff anytime...but your local dealer will be charged back $1000 incentive......

so I suggest if your burn the dealer for $1000 you find another dealer to do your service work....
  • Options
    lv2travlv2trav Member Posts: 1
    How long do you have to have the financing through Mazda for the dealer to not get charged back? I ask this because the dealership I am working with on a Mazda 6 S actually recommended I get the financing through them, then I go to another lender. Any help would be of great assistance as 1K is a LOT of money!

Also if you refinance would you be getting used car rates at that point?
  • Options
    If you refi they get the charge back within 3 months, after that the dealer won't get the chargeback. Take the mac cash then refi is mazda doesn't give you a good rate. I work for a bank, used or new we offer the same rate (now 6.74--mazda gave me 7.75 they wanted 8.25 a first, thats with A+credit), doesn't matter. What could come into play is if the NADA book comes out with a value on the 05's. Our bank only lends up to retail of the nada book. Right now, for the tribute those figures are not out. The dealers should be honest and tell the customer than can refi but the dealer would get hit with a chargeback, instead of saying it's a condition to wait 3 months. Due to this, I will refi now and the dealer will be out. If they were truthful upfront, I would have waited. Oh well.
  • Options
    howmoneyhowmoney Member Posts: 2
    I was shopping around and got this price:
    05 excape XLT 4WD V6 +POWER MOONROOF ,TRAILER TOWING,RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER ,
    SAFETY CANOPY SIDE AIR CURTAIN
    MSRP: 26525
    x-plan price: 24848
    then sbutract 3000 rebates (2000+ 1000 loyalty)
    500 College rebate cannot be combined
    No dealer fee, doc fee etc.
    So final would be 21848+TX+TTL
    Almost 5000 off MSRP

How's that sound?

Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    90 days
  • Options
    I bought a 2005 Mazda Tribute I 4x4, auto, cargo net, winter mats, cruise-- Sticker 22770. (Tribute standard 16' alloys, privacy glass, roof rake, mats, 50k warr--compared to xls escape) I got 6k off sticker. 4500 rebate, 1550 dealer discount. No trade. Not bad for 16.7k. They also gave me 100k powertrain warr. for free and 2 full sets of tires (250 per tire) every 25k+ miles. Stipulation is you must do all service with them which I would because they are the closest dealer around. I think getting 5k to 5500 off a ford escape is a good deal for what is out there. I see most are discounting ford for that. I think the tribute gives you more for less money. Longer warranty, extra options, (bigger rebates) and resale seems about 10% higher in NADA Retail and what dealers are re-selling for.
  • Options
    henry_nhenry_n Member Posts: 33
    In this morning's Houston Chronicle classified ads, I see an ad for a Tribute at $7,500 off MSRP. The ad does not list a specific inventory number, or a true price, but it does state "several to choose". Could this be legitimate? I ask, because the dealer is about an 1.25 hours away from my home, and I would be quite burned if I drove all the way over and found the ad to be non-legitimate.

Checking their online inventory, with MSRP prices posted, this looks like a H*LL of a good deal.
  • Options
    henry_nhenry_n Member Posts: 33
    The deal was legitimate, I did buy the vehicle. 2005 Mazda Tribute S, 2wd, auto, V6, MSRP $23,480 with $7,500 discount came to $15,980. One h*ll of a deal, in my estimation. The Mazda financing is a total rip, 8.9% for someone with a credit score over 800. I discussed this with the finance man, and he asked me politely not to refinance for 90 days, and I agreed to wait for 91 days. For those interested, this was at Russell & Smith Mazda in Houston, Texas. It was a one day only sale, but it apparently applied to all of the Tributes in stock. For those in the Houston area, keep reading the Chronicle classifieds and see if they do it again.
  • Options
    Great deal, I have not seen that anywhere in New England, wish I did. Good Job.!
  • Options
    howmoneyhowmoney Member Posts: 2
    Got a 05 excape XLT 4WD V6 +POWER MOONROOF ,TRAILER TOWING,RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER ,
    SAFETY CANOPY SIDE AIR CURTAIN
    MSRP: 26525
    INVOICE: 24853
    final price : $21543+TTL & TAX , $3000 rebates included (2000+ 1000 loyalty).
    Actually, I also have $ 500 graduate program and $ 500 cash back coupon from ford brochures. But dealer said you can only choose one from loyalty, grad program and $ 500 brochure coupon to combine with $2000 customer rebate. Is that true? :confuse:
    Thanks.
  • Options
    familyof3familyof3 Member Posts: 1
    Bought Tribute i 4WD auto (copper color) with premium package at this price in WA (didn't take $1500 for lease + grad). MPV base model (pearl white) is $1700 cheaper at $8200 off MSRP.

Becareful the finance person charge you 9.9%, 60 month by default and you have to argue to get a better one.
  • Options
    graphorgraphor Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 05 Tribute S 4WD package 1 several days ago. I was very impressed by the quality of the car. Runs great and stylish. I traded in my 04 Corolla and now I have a more roomy car. I got around $5500 discount from the sticker price and 6.1% APR for finance through Mazda (required for the additional $1000 incentive), which is not the best but the reasonable deal. I used Bountiful Mazda in Utah, and they were the best among several Mazda dealers near Salt Lake City in Utah. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    kam327kam327 Member Posts: 115
    Bought my Tribute on Tuesday, picked up Thursday. It was close to the end of the month and I found out after the sale that the dealer was trying to make a 200 car quota for the month. I walked in offering $18k on a $23.8k sticker and walked out paying $18.2k. That's including the $4,000 in rebates so it's not phenomenal but still a little bit below invoice I believe. I was surprised how easy it was, very little haggling. One of the easier car buying experiences I've had. Mazda gave me 7.99% financing which I'll probably refinance in a couple of months through my wife's credit union. They told me Mazda offers everyone with a credit score over 680 the same rate. Dealer gave no indication on a minimum number of months before I could refinance.

Overall I love the car but there are a few quirks I have to have addressed, mostly that both pedals seem to have excessive vibration. The accelerator seems to transmit a lot of engine vibration, and the brakes seem to vibrate under heavy breaking, almost like there's a warped rotor or something. Anyway, if they don't disappear during the break in period I'll take it in to see what they can find. Other than that, it's great!
  • Options
    yellowperilyellowperil Member Posts: 22
    Kam327: That's a good price! I bought an S 2WD over the weekend and also got slightly below invoice before the rebates. According to the news, Mazda sales in June fell more than 20% compared to last year, so I think the dealers were willing to take offers. I saw Mazda6's and RX-8s for very good prices!

Regarding your problems with the car, didn't you notice them during the test drive? Not trying to second guess you, but perhaps you should have picked a different Tribute at the dealer. (Mine does not have the problems you mentioned, but it does have road noise and wind noise.)
  • Options
    kam327kam327 Member Posts: 115
    Yeah, I had the feeling that on June 30th someone could walk in and get well below invoice if they played their cards right. Some of the salesmen I saw and overheard that day (when I actually took delivery of the Tribute) sounded a little desperate.

Problem with the pedal vibrations is they only happen under certain conditions and so I didn't notice them on the test drive. The brake problem, if it doesn't disappear after the standard break in period, should be easily repeatable for the dealer mechanics and covered under warranty so I'm not too worried about that. The accelerator pedal vibrations will I'm sure be harder to trace, but may in fact be standard on an SUV like the Tribute and I only notice it because I'm trading up from a really smooth Contour V6. After my first 1,000 mile road trip to North Carolina this weekend, both "problems" may be gone. Keeping my fingers crossed......
  • Options
    tributarytributary Member Posts: 1
    Bought our new Tribute i, 2WD, last wednesday the 29th. Nothing on it but cruise control. $16.2K, including the $3K rebate, $1K MAC cash, and $500 gerber rebate.

I used the fax attack strategy on 10 DC-area mazda dealers. Ended up with a good price from one dealer which I gave the salesman we'd seen for a test-drive at Fairfax mazda a chance to match, and he did. We had the price set and financing arranged (and had done the math to figure out how much higher the Mazda rate could go until the MAC cash didn't make sense) before re-entering the dealership. Made it very easy (although still about 2 hours long).
  • Options
    ursacatursacat Member Posts: 32
    We have been bouncing around various SUV's and now think it's time to buy an Escape.

Noticed today that Ford announced they will match GM's employee price plan for everyone:

"Ford spokesman David Reuter said the "Ford family plan" -- which takes effect Wednesday and will also run through Aug. 1 -- would be similar to GM's and shave thousands of dollars off the sticker prices of most 2005 models. "

Does anyone know what this might equate to on an Escape Limited AWD (3.0 6cyl) ?. We'd be looking for the Luxury Package, Safety, Mach 6 6 CD, Moonroof, Full Spare, Edmunds Invoice comes out at $27,947.

Would this "family plan" pricing be lower than one could negotiate w/ various comparison quotes and available incentives?

Thanks,

Lou
  • Options
    kworthmomkworthmom Member Posts: 2
    Here is what I paid:

Tribute S V6 Pkg 2
    Added the DVD and Auto Tint Mirror w/ Compass & Temp.
    They gave me 3,500 for my trade (Ford offered me 1,000!!!!)
    4,000 rebate
    Ended up financing around 19,000. They gave me the 7.99%, but, I too am going to re-fi after 3 months with my bank.
    I looked at about 8 small SUVs before choosing this one. My search came down to the Mercury Mariner or the Tribute. Since they are basically the same vehicle, it then came down to price and warranty. Mazda offered me 2,500 more on my trade,
    more in the rebate and a longer warranty, making this one a no brainer!
    I bought from Jim Ellis Mazda in Marietta, GA. Great experience! They didn't have a Pebble Ash one on the lot, but found 2 at their other dealership and brought both over for me to look at. I chose the one with the cargo net, rear bumper step plate, and wheel locks. ( at no additional charge, of course!! ;) )
  • Options
    Why wait 3 months? Save yourself more money and refi soon.
  • Options
    kworthmomkworthmom Member Posts: 2
    Well, from what I understand if I refi sooner, the dealership has to eat the 1,000. I expect to be getting all my service done at this dealership, so the last thing I want to do is cause ill will.
  • Options
    stealth1stealth1 Member Posts: 1
    FYI

North Carolina.

This w/e (July 9/10 2005) bought the following:

'05 Tribute FWD s, V6 auto, with pkg 2 (power driver seat/leather/CD changer etc) $19K even.
    No trade-in, partly financed through Mazda (for at least 91 days!)
    $3K Mazda + $1K finance rebates

~$700 under carsdirect.com target price.

Suspect I should of haggled a little more.....Oh well.

BTW - price of audio upgrade to sirius satelitte radio is a joke! (~$600 quoted)
    to supply and fit an add-on box + aerial.
    Will complain to Mazda & probably buy an XM Roady!

Stealth
  • Options
    cklckl Member Posts: 3
    When we bought our Mazda Tribute i FWD w/cruise control for 15.5K (just under $16.2K out the door) from Brown's Mazda in Fairfax, VA, we brought in our "blank check" from Capital One and showed the Mazda credit manager the loan and rate that we already had locked up. We told him that if he could make it worth our while we would go with MAC financing. We managed to get 6.89% APR for 60 months from Mazda with FICO scores in the mid to high 700s. -- For anyone with pretty good financing already set, it might help to let the dealer know what they are up against and maybe they can be a bit more aggressive on the APR.
  • Options
    jrock1jrock1 Member Posts: 2
    Getting ready to buy one with package three. Any advice??? Did you get below invoice price before the rebates?? Any info. would help. Oh, and where in NC???

Thanks,

JRock
  • Options
    jrock1jrock1 Member Posts: 2
    Getting ready to buy one with package three. Any advice??? Did you get below invoice price before the rebates?? Any info. would help. Looking at Jim Ellis also.

Thanks,

Jason
  • Options
    su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82
    We got our Tribuite i 4WD with only all weather mats and rear bumper step plate, for what I came to $6800 off MSRP on June 29th.

I called a couple of dealers, and ended up in Wayne Mazda, via their internet sales team.

Discounts as follow

$350 markup over invoice due to NJ/NY advertisement fee (ie their invoice is higher than what edmunds say)
    $500 discount below invoce (so net here we are at $150 below invoice)
    $250 Internet coupon
    $3000 Mazda customer cash
    $1000 Mazda Financing
    $500 Gerber
    $500 ACOG (though I had to mail this in as I didn't have the add from the magazine at first)

MAC gave me $6.99 which I would refinance. We bought an MPV in the end of Feb. At the time, they gave me 6.39. Now here's the interesting bit - the MPV deal was at anothoer smaller dealer, which I dealt with the finance guy directly for the sale. At the time, he just PUNCHED IN 6.39. He said that's what he was just a 'request'. Of course if Mazda figures it out it's fine, they just give it to you like that - it's not going to be any lower'. In the case with Wayne, all of the paperwork is done 'in the background' so you can't haggle. He said 6 months to wait to refinance. Yeah right...

So when you buy, if they punch 8%, and you go for it, Mazda is happy for them and happy for the dealer...

In my case, there was no sence in NOT taking the $1K, since with our trade, the ammount to finance was just about $10K, so the rate would have to be completely out of wack to even think about iit...

My .02...
  • Options
    What is ACOG? and what was the internet coupon (the dealer's)? I got about the same off but was not sure what these discounts were. I just refi from 7.75 to 5.49 after 45 days, since closing auto rates rised about .40%APR and in another 45 days the same could happen if prime changes, so I jumped now. I dropped a year off my loan.
  • Options
    su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82
    ACOG is the American College of Ob/Gyns

There's a magazine called Plum aimed at pregnant women over 35 that came out last september. It was only mailed to Ob/Gyns though. They put an add there for a $500 off, same as the Gerber deal.

It's supposed to be only one of them, but most dealers advertise both and would take both. But you need a copy of the mag. and the email with the certificate number.

I was able to get a copy of it but did not come in in time for my purchase. The dealer though gave me an extra rebate form and I mailed that in to Mazda HQs. I new the procedure since when I got my MPV a few months ago, I also got the Loyalty rebate 3 days after taking delivery (so had to mail it).

For the MPV I got 6.39 so it wasn't THAT BAD. But now I got 6.99 and that was HIGH. Also, I wanted to do it for 4 years, and they would give me the same rate !!!
  • Options
    clariosclarios Member Posts: 19
    Has anyone out there bought a 4WD Mariner Premier since the employee pricing promotion started? I was wondering how good that was. If you have bought one, what was the sticker price (MSRP), and what was the employee price?
  • Options
    brianchidobrianchido Member Posts: 2
    What did you find out about the brake vibration?
    I recently bought a Mercury Mariner and noticed the vibration when I step on the brakes driving on the highway. Like a warped rotor or something.
    I only have 700 miles so far and have not taken it into the dealer, but feel I should do so very soon. I don't think it should vibrate like this.
  • Options
    bubbleheadbubblehead Member Posts: 4
    I’ve been using Edmunds.com, including these user postings, as well other sources to make a new car purchase decision and figure out a target price. I’d like to “give back” to Edmunds and the other online posters so here’s my experience. It’s long but I hope it’s helpful to newbies.

For various reasons I settled on the 2005 Mazda Tribute S as my first choice. I initially leaned toward a 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 (I’ve owned two Subarus, starting in 1976!) but drove a 2005 Ford Escape rental in July and liked it: not as “truck-like” as I feared and got 24 MPG on the highway. I prefer the Mazda interior plus the longer warranty and loaner cars for warranty repair. Also the current 2005 Tribute close-outs incentives appear higher than Ford’s and the 2006 model doesn’t seem to add any significant improvements.

The closest Mazda dealer to the tiny mountain town where I live – and where Outbacks are the dominate vehicle – is Wenatchee, WA, 100 miles away. Cascade Autocenter which sells Subaru, Mazda, Jeep and other brands, had a car in stock equipped almost exactly like I wanted. I emailed, said I was ready to buy and asked for an out-the-door price on a particular vehicle (referenced by VIN). I did the whole deal online with their excellent internet manager plus one phone call. Cascade Autocenter offered the best price, and were significantly lower than Seattle dealers proposed.

What I got: Mazda Tribute S with 1PK (Level 1 package: sunroof, stereo upgrade, etc.); AB2 (side airbags/side curtain airbags), FLA (floor mats).

Prices (including delivery charge) per Edmunds.com
    MSRP: $27,295
    Invoice: $25,405
    What others are paying (?): $26,013

My price goal: $21,400 plus TTL
    What I paid: $21,322 plus TTL

After agreeing to the price online I phoned to provide information to arrange Mazda financing (necessary to get additional $1,000 discount; will pay off 90% in first payment and rest over three months which will cost less interest than I would lose by cashing in a CD early to pay for this car) and scheduled a pickup date/time. When I arrived the car was parked in front and perfectly detailed. The internet manager demonstrated the car – locating jack, under-hood items, etc. – and we went for a 25 mile test drive with speed up to 80 mph on the highway plus twisty roads, over railroad tracks, etc., to check for vibrations, wheel alignment, etc. No problem.

Back at the dealership we went over the warranty and service schedule, signed the papers and I drove off. As far as I’m concerned it was a satisfactory transaction and I highly recommend Cascade Autocenter’s internet manager. Hope the car turns out as well as this transaction; I’ll report later on my driving experience.
  • Options
    This bulletin board plus specialty tire consumer survey boards all indicate the standard Tribute/Escape/Mariner Continental Conti-Trac 235/70-16 tire is a total dog. Here's how I dealt with it at time of purchase:

Before going to pick up my Tribute I called the Wenatchee Les Schwab tire dealer to price a set of Toyo Open Road A/Ts (considered a good tire for conditions where I live and well-rated by several sources and consumer surveys). Les Schwab’s installed price was identical to internet dealers (after factoring in shipping and installation) plus they offer free 3,000 rotations, 30-day no questions exchange/refund, additional warranty services and have a dealer for service 9 miles from my house. I drove straight from the Mazda dealer to Les Schwab and got the Toyo’s put on. The sweet part is that Les Schwab gave me a $216 credit for the unwanted (by me) Continentals. Driving the 100 twisty highway miles home the tires seemed excellent. Life’s too short to waste time wearing out lousy OEM tires.
  • Options
    This is the first car I’ve purchased since getting my internet connection in 1998 and my take on online car buying is:

If you want the lowest price you need to know beforehand EXACTLY what you want and let the dealer know you’re ready buy NOW; don’t ask for three demo drives in the same car, wait for weeks to decide and then expect a great price. My philosophy is that if you find a fair salesman/dealer then treat them fairly as well.

Most so-called online salesmen I encountered were basically unresponsive and treated an online inquiry as a lead to be reeled into the dealership. Despite their manufacturer and dealership web sites inviting you to “request an online quote on this vehicle”, most of them won’t do it and will send back some line like “you need to come in so we can assess your needs properly.” I decided to just ignore them and move on to other dealer sites.

Except for the internet manager I purchased from (who provided detailed, specific answers to all my questions) everyone else, including Mercury’s so-called Online Concierge, simply ignored questions I asked re maintenance costs, the benefits of certain options, etc. My experience, and I’ve been both a business owner and salesman, is that most salespeople, online or otherwise, are too lazy to work for a sale with a customer who wants to know more than is in the brochure.

I found it incredibly useful to check (and even track over a couple or three weeks) the dealer’s actual online inventory. Not only could I tell if they had one equipped as I wanted – and even some large dealers didn’t; all of theirs were “loaded” – but I could gage by the size of inventory on a particular model and by tracking it over a couple of weeks how badly the dealer might want to get a particular car off their lot. One so-called internet sales manager – who refused to quote a price on a particular VIN - went on about how hard it would be to get the model I wanted while this jerk’s online inventory showed a large and growing inventory and the manufacturer is rebating them.

I got an excellent online quote on a Mercury Mariner BUT using the online inventory I leraned there are no remaining 2005 Mariners equipped as I like anywhere in the state. I would have to order a 2006 (also a very fair online price but still higher than a 2005 and I would have to wait six weeks and I wanted the new car for a month-long “safari” in September).

I hope everyone uses internet resources responsibly – i.e., if an internet dealer is treating you well don’t try to bust his chops – so that courteous, informed online buyers continue to make good transactions at the expense of salesmen and dealers who “don’t get it.”

On, no! I just realized that if I keep buying cars online I’ll never have a chance to get the free balloons and hot dogs some dealers still use to lure in suckers or visit another "tent sale"...
  • Options
    turtoniturtoni Member Posts: 9
    nice posts bubblehead. i enjoyed reading them.

turtoni

PS - i paid 18K + TTL for a new 2005 Tribute 4WD i with cruise control.
  • Options
    tenebrostenebros Member Posts: 4
    Took 8 hours at the dealership to work the numbers, but I think I got a good deal.

2005 Mazda Tribute

List: 28,900
    Automatic Discount 2000
    Minus 3000 in rebates
    Minus 1000 Mazda finance (must use for a minimum of 3 months)
    Base total = 22900
    Minus 600 manager reduction

Trade in had been valued by other dealers at 7 to 9k. They gave me 10000 sight unseen for a trade in. Tax savings of about 700 for the trade in.

Total = 11600 +tax+tag transfer+title

Tribute has package 3 w/leather, V6, automatic, side air bags, wind delflectors, Moonroof with wind deflector, Side Step tubes, Heated seats and mirrors, Wheel Locks, nicer rims then the other tributes on the lot, rear bumper plate, cargo net, and me in the driver seat.

Will refinance after 3rd payment to mazda to drop the interest rate and save montly.

Dealer tells me he lost money on the deal - but I can't imagine that to be true. Even if he did - the car is a year old and now he can place a 2006 on his lot.

Thoughts on this deal?
  • Options
    Took 8 hours at the dealership to work the numbers

8 hours???? if you walked into my dealership and offered me your numbers the deal would have been done in 10 minutes. That includes 5 minutes looking for a pen.

You did fine....but 8 hours??
  • Options
    In the market for a Mazda 3 now - wouldn't happen to be in central Florida would you? ;)
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    He isn't... and if he were, he couldn't solicit for business on this board..

audia8q is a valued member of our Town Hall community, and is here to help answer your questions and participate in the discussion...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    He isn't... and if he were, he couldn't solicit for business on this board..

It was a joke, take it as such. Did you notice the wink?

Does everyone have to be so literal that we forget how to enjoy ourselves?

Don't bother answering those questions. But take a chill pill. :P
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    Replies aren't just for your benefit....

Newer members may be unaware of the rules...

regards,
    KYFDX
    (chilling)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    There are a few decent Mazda dealers in your area....before you go, get a referral from somebody who recently purcahsed a car from the dealership. Going in with a referral is always better than going in blind.
  • Options
    realsalesrealsales Member Posts: 6
    2006 MAZDA TRIBUTE S 2WD 6CYL 3PK , PACKAGE III!! LIST PRICE $27,745. DEALERS PRICE $25,961. I PAID $23,700. DID I DO OK?? HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES!! LEATHER, 6 CD CHANGER, SUN-ROOF, SIDE AIR-BAGS. I HAD A 2001 FOR ESCAPE ( LOVED IT!! ) TRANNY BLEW OUT AFTER 130,000 MILES.ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT IS THE RIDE/SPEED/ GAS MILAGE /HANDLING IS EXACTLY THE SAME!! SECOND GUESSING NYSELF FOR NOT GOING AFTER A NISSAN X-TERRA!! COMMENTS WELCOMED!!
  • Options
    nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    I, hereby and furthermore, refuse to answer any questions that are typed in "CAPITAL LETTERS".....and furthermore, why ask if you received a "good deal" after you already bought the vehicle. The time to ask is before you buy and give us all the info beforehand!
  • Options
    I always wonder why people ask after the fact also...
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter with a major daily newspaper is looking to speak with people who’ve purchased a crossover/sports wagon in the last few months. Specifically, vehicles like the Saturn Vue, Chevy Equinox, Ford Freestyle, Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Nissan Murano, or Toyota Highlander.

If you have, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, September 27, 2005 with your daytime contact information and a brief description of your recent crossover/sport wagon purchase experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    realsalesrealsales Member Posts: 6
    hey nortsr1, here are the small letters you asked for! i bought the tribute the same day i towed my 2001 escape ( tranny went at 130,000 miles ) to the mazda dealer. the only other vehicle i had in mind was a nissan x-terra. did not have much time to shop around. once again do you think the 2006 tribute s v-6 package III was a decent deal at $23,700??? i feel no major difference between the 2001 escape v6 and my current 2006 v6 tribute. second guessing that the x-terra would have been a better fit?? regards, realsales.
  • Options
    nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    You probably could have done a lot better on the 2005 model with all the rebates and finance incentives. If you paid MSRP, then yes, you paid too much. If you go to the Edmunds New cars, then check out the exact model you purchased against the edmunds prices...MSRP vs Invoice....and make sure you price all the exact options that you received....then you will have a much better idea as to your "deal", plus you have to figure out if you got a good deal on your trade-in (which can also be checked out here at Edmunds ( with 130,000 miles and a shot tranny, I really have no idea what that would be worth as to trade-in value) as used SUV's are a dime a dozen right now with gas prices the way thay are and people clamoring for more "economical" gas mileage vehicles.
    resales....thanks for the small letters and as long as you are satisfied with your new Mazda...that is all that really matters. the deal is done...so be happy, the Mazda Tribute, with the 4yr., 50,000 mile warranty is a very good decision.