Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Ford Escape Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• realsalesrealsales Member Posts: 6
    hey nortsr1, appreciate the advice and well wishes!! went to the edmunds site and did my homework ( although after the fact ) at $ 23,700 out the door with the package III upgrades for the 2006 v-6 tribute , i am up about $200.. it was either $23,700 for the tribute or $23,500 for a 2005 nissan x-terra. after getting more info and considering i never go off road the tribute was the right choice. can you give me some tips on increasing the horsepower a bit?? ( i keep hearing about a computer chip?? , will this void the warranty?? ) also what does one do to get better gas milage?? i am a realtor who puts tons of miles on my vehicle, ( 130,000 on my 2001 escape ). i realize my v-6 2001 escape and my 2006 v-6 tribute have the same 200 hp 3.0 liter engine, thus i see no significant power performence difference. i would think after 5 years ford/mazda would have done something about this?? regards, resales.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Your Mazda Tribute should get around 19 to 20 mpg City and 24 to 26mpg hwy. I have a 2005 Mercury Mariner (same engine as the Ford escape and your Mazda Tribute. I make at least three roundtrips per year from Florida to NJ and have always averaged 24 to 26 mpg hwy (and that is doing about 65 to 75 mph on Rt.95 most of the way (except for that darn Washington D.C. beltway area).
    I don't know why you would want a "chip" to boost your performance?? And, I would assume it might void your warranty.You are in Real Estate, so you should not be interested in hopping up your vehicle, as I assume you take customers to and from proospective home sites?
    Be happy with whayt you have..You purchased a reliable vehice that should give you many trouble-free miles.
  • lp1lp1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm about to close a deal on a '04 Escape XLT. It looks and runs very well, has 36K miles on it, has leather and most desirable optionals. Asking price was $15k but I negotiated $16k out of the door.

I ran a Carfax and it showed "Fleet Registration Reported", only one owner, same state (CA), average of 22K miles/year. Should this fact alone (fleet registration) raise a red flag? Will it make more difficult to sell this car in the future?

Btw, I think the $16k out of the door is a good deal. Is it so?

Thanks all for the inputs,
    LP
  • dw438dw438 Member Posts: 41
    Depends on the fleet, of course. Hertz has been using Escapes in their pool for the past few years. So have many corporations. Rental cars can be beaten, ya know. :sick:
  • lp1lp1 Member Posts: 2
    The title shows it was registered to a local office of a national construction company, fortunately it was not Hertz or other rental company. :)

Would it alleviate the fact? I mean, in general, how much more difficult it is to sell a car when the potential buyer knows it has been registered to a company in the past? I can certainly keep a copy of the old title to show prospective buyers that it didn't belong to a rental company if that helps.
  • si88si88 Member Posts: 39
    I am looking at a Mercury Mariner 2005 here in Louisiana to replace the wife's flooded Jeep by this weekend. So far I see the '05's have the best rebates. Is the employee price that they advertise after these rebates are applied? I am looking at an 05 with the following options:

REAR CARGO CONVENIENCE PKG
    INTERIOR CARGO MANAGEMENT SYS
    RETRACTABLE CARGO COVER
    POWER MOONROOF WITH SHADE
    ROOF RACK WITH CROSSBARS
    MINI-OH CONSOLE W/BIN & MAP LIGHTS
    FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL/TIRE
    TRAILER TOWING, CLASS II
    DYNAMIC SIDE IMPACT PACKAGE
    SAFETY CANOPY & SIDE AIR BAGS
    PREMIUM LEATHER TRIM (BLACK)

TOTAL MSRP $27,415.00
    EMPLOYEE PRICE $24,511.79
    CASH BACK ($1,000.00)

Sorry for the ALL CAPS nortsr1. Can I do better than this Merc Family Price or is this price non negotiable? They also mention an "extra $1000 in clearance cash" but I think that is the same cash back incentive listed above.

If anyone has had experience with buying a Mariner lately please let me know about it and why you choose Mariner over the Escape and Tribute.

Also is the rear parking sensor something that can be added later or is it factory installed only?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    That ois a great deal>Go for it. Employee pricing runs out in the next day or so.
  • escapenutescapenut Member Posts: 117
    Reading on Edmund's Inside Line (I believe) it seems that GM and Ford are hurting now d/t their up-front clearance sales starting in June. Of course what is obvious is that GM has put their eggs in the SUV/Truck market which may rebound if gas prices fall, Ford a little less so. Eventhough it's been ballyhooed as being the end of the employee pricing currently, my bet is that the Big-3 will formulate another way to get prospective buyers in the showroom with potentially as low or lower pricing than what we've seen (better to sell in volumn that not at all).

I know I wouldn't buy a vehicle now without substantial discounts, employee pricing or not. Ford X-Plan is what I used to buy my '01 Escape. Discounting minor price increases over the last few years, I can still get at or near (with rebates/discounts) the same type of Escape for rougly the same price as I paid 4 years ago. We'll see what they do over the next few weeks.
  • nfjnrnfjnr Member Posts: 25
    Got this quote for a 2006 Tribute S with V6,Package 111, side airbags, rear step plate,rear spoiler,wheellocks,MSRP 27340.00, dealer offer 22590.00. This is after 3000.00 cash back incentive. Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Thanks Nick
  • prosaprosa Member Posts: 280
    Sounds pretty good. I got a quote yesterday for a 2006 4WD S with Package 3, side air bags and a few other bits and pieces. MSRP $28,450, invoice $26,427, dealer's offer $23,736.
  • nfjnrnfjnr Member Posts: 25
    Was that dealer offer after the rebates? If so was it 2500$ or 3000$
  • realsalesrealsales Member Posts: 6
    hi prosa, purchased the mazda tribute 2006 2wd s package 3 here in palm beach about 1 month ago. msrp $27,745 invoice $25,961, bought it for $23,700. so at $23,746 for a 4wd you are getting a very good deal. i love the vehicle. i had a 2001 ford escape v-6 that i put 130,000 trouble free miles on. the only disappointment i have is that other than the bells and whistles with my new tribute , i see no significant performance improvements!! ( power, ride, steering, gas mileage ) are very much the same!! you would think after 5 years mazda/ford would have addressed this issue!! i welcome all replies and comments..
  • garigranitogarigranito Member Posts: 1
    Guys feel lucky, I live in Venezuela and Ford just relaunch the Escape this Year. They sold the Escape back in 2001 with no good numbers. So Now I'm getting a 2006 V6 Escape. I'm paying the equivalent off $30.000. It doesn't come with any good option, just the standard ones. I need to star buying the cover cargo shade in USA.
    Bye

P.D In 2002 bought a Mercedes Benz C230 Sportcoupe for $50.000,oo in USA the same car was selling for $30.000,oo
  • draymond2draymond2 Member Posts: 134
    I have found a vehicle I'm interested in, unsure of what would be a good price to offer......
    2005 S 2wd........Package 2, tow pack & side airbags... MSRP is $25,945. invoice around 24,400 What should I shoot for with the $3500 rebate???????? Any advice would be appeciated............Thanks.........
  • donbarondonbaron Member Posts: 13
    I have had my Mariner Hybrid for about a month. I am very impressed and am now sold on Hybrid Technology. The on board energy system makes me smile when it displays 31mpgs.!! The build quality is excellent and so is the sound system/NAV System. My only constructive criticism: Make the tilt steering wheel tilt a bit higher. A Climate Control System (with Max A/C Lockout) should be available. PS I can't wait for a Lincoln Aviator Hybrid!!
  • donbarondonbaron Member Posts: 13
    Wanted to rate my new Mariner Hybrid. However, Hybrid Mariner Evaluation Selection Not Yet Posted! Hello!! This happens to be the Most Revolutionary Ford Product Since the Model A!! See my prvious note. My overall rating: 9 to 9.5. Certainly worth the investment in the technology.
  • bd70bd70 Member Posts: 30
    Is the dealership extended "Portfolio" warranty a good deal at $1100? The more I read about the problems people have later in a Tribute's life, the more I think I would need one. Coverage seems rather comprehensive, addressing just about everything other than wear and tear issues. The issue is price. Thoughts?

Well while I'm here, before I even get to that point, I'm dealing with a dealership that will give me $400 under invoice plus $2250 in customer and dealer cash plus $500 for financing, which the dealer says I can pay off IMMEDIATELY, without penalty to him. This is for a fairly well equipped '06 Tribute S 4WD. Any good?

Thanks in advance
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    a few years back i a 'portfolio' waranty. i did have a couple of issues, and they did pay. the only inconvenient part was that if you broke down less then 40 miles from the selling dealership you have to bring it back there for repairs. one time i broke down 39 miles away. :( they did kick in for the tow, though. just make sure you get a receipt. hopefully you won't have to use it.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • desertrat5desertrat5 Member Posts: 85
    As a long time member of Edmunds, I value the input of all. I was just recently transferred from Phx to Colorado Springs and am now looking for a SUV. The list of candidates include

Mercury Mariner
    Nissan Murano
    Toyota Highlander
    Toyota RAV4 (new 2006 w/ V6)
    Subaru Outback Turbo with auto
    Subaru Forrester Turbo with auto

I welcome your experience with any of these vehicles as well as with the Colorado Springs dealers of the same.

Thanks much

Bob
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    It appears this person wasn't at all happy:
    link title
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    And the rest of the story:
    link title
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    all this over a bad deal on a car?? wow.
  • stevedc34stevedc34 Member Posts: 25
    I live in the Pittsburgh Pa area...looking to buy a Ford Escape XLS 2WD...can anyone please offer an idea as to what a good price for this auto would be? Thanks.

Steve
  • hamstermanhamsterman Member Posts: 6
    I got it on President's Day. They had special incentives that weekend. $2000 rebate, $1500 'Ford Bonus Cash', 'First Payment is on Us' (turned out to be $400 towards principle), and a $500 coupon from Ford for visiting the Auto Show (and would soon expire). My employer already offers 'employee pricing' so I didn't have to negotiate.

It had the safety package, full size spare, and I had them add the cargo cover. MSRP was $24000 before ttl. I paid off the loan as soon as Ford's 1st payment was done, so the grand total was $18,207.19 before ttl, $20,321.61 total.

Yeah, I live in a high-tax state.

Hamsterman
  • bwelchbwelch Member Posts: 1
    I am loking at buying a 2006 Mercury Mariner can I get a # for employee price???. Would any one be willing to share their employee #????
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You can't get the employee price unless you are an employee or relative..

I really don't think anyone would risk their job to get you the employee discount..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Wanted to get feedback on a price quote I received for a 200 Ford Escape XLS (4 cylinder auto) with the following options: convenience group,safety package, cargo convenience group, and roof rack for $18,467.00 plus tt&l. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • hamstermanhamsterman Member Posts: 6
    Assuming that is 2006, the basic invoice is $20,330 plus tt&l. However, there is a $2000 rebate and a $1000 'match' from Ford Credit, bringing that price down to $17,330. So, if the quote includes the Ford Credit offer, I'd call that a bad price.

If the dealer is NOT including the Ford Credit $1000 'match', then he's probably only asking Invoice (there are regional ad fees), which is good. Be sure to ask for the invoice before signing anything.

Hamsterman
  • dkrayziedkrayzie Member Posts: 5
    I just payed $18,300 for a Sonic blue 2006 Ford Escape, with roof rack, running board, and convenience group. MSRP was $21,800 they took $500 of that price, and I was able to get $3,000 in incentives plus 0% APR.
  • joelampjoelamp Member Posts: 4
    Took delivery last week on a new Tribute in Platinum Metallic. Only option on ours was SAB/SAC.

Invoice price $24,495.

Price paid with rebates was $20,545.

We were offered an additional $500 rebate for financing with Mazda Credit, but declined as it was linked to a 9.5%/48 interest rate. We financed through a local bank instead and saved almost 3.0%.
  • callallcallall Member Posts: 3
    Just visit Hopkins Ford in PA and have a very bad experience there. I would not recommend anybody to do business with them. The sale person treated me as an idiot.

I had an opposite experience on the same day at Sussman Acura. I just want to buy an american car as a support of american car industry, but both GMC and Ford kicked me away. I have a 02 Honda, which is trouble free for the past 4 years. Maybe I should consider a second one.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    One dealer here southern Ohio has 7 '05 es mpv's (around 30,500msrp)for 10k off painted on the windows. (about 20500) If he advertises that from the road god only knows what kinda deal one could work out.

Also has 6 of the lot hound 05 mazda 3 hatchbacks with no advert but probably flexible.

Saw 3 05 mazda Tribute AWD around 26-27k msrp advertised (on the windows) for 7k off list.

--jjf
  • watercop1watercop1 Member Posts: 18
    Just got the wife a 06 Mariner Premier. Spent an hour at the dealership - very pleasant experience. Didn't feel like haggling. Price was 23K and includes every available option including running boards, tow hitch, Sirius. On the road price was 24K financed (low tax with Ford Motor Credit at 0% for 60 months. Probably could have got a better price but did not feel like fighting.

Like the mariner overall. The cup holders (front and back) are useless. Engine noise and tranmission is loud coming from a Honda Accord. Tires seem loud - maybe an upgrade later. Needs some tweaking and refinement. Looks very stylish which is a factor for my wife. My Sirius is on order. Does anyone know where they put the antenna and how the display looks. The stereo sounds good but looks cheesy - so not expecting much of a display.

Bob
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    Pull out the black rubber things in the cup holders and then they are all you could want.
  • chimpsnestchimpsnest Member Posts: 27
    Trim level for trim level, what are the MAJOR differences in these three? For instance, I know when I bought my '03 Trib the major diff's were the longer warranty (5/60 vs 3/36) and the, um, supposedly, more elegant interior of the Trib (I still question the whacko color scheme in there).

I believe the Mariner may be the one of the three that costs less, but why?
    Thanks
    :shades:
  • 6feb766feb76 Member Posts: 2
    Just yesterday concluded a second weekend and one long Friday of shopping, driving, haggling, and most importantly, researching on Edmunds and others.

Honda CR-V was beginning to falter, (after 171,000 miles) so wife and I embarked on a search for a replacement. Used vehicle pricing + higher interest rates made new vehicles more appealing, even accounting for the inevitable depreciation slapdown.

We cross-shopped the 2006 Highlander (4 cylinder, stripper models) which have a choice of $2000 incentive to customer OR 0.0% or 1.9% interest rates (48 and 60 months, respectively). Best quoted price out of 2 Toyota dealers in the immediate Orlando area was $23,789. After tax, tag, and title, we were looking at $26,138, which was a richer price than Mami and I wished to pay. Tales from the Highlander forums suggested $22,500 was our target price to pay for such a vehicle, but we have to finance, so we could not take advantage or the $2000 rebate. Plus, the arithmetic said the interest rate saved us more than $2,000 over 5 years than the best possible non-Toyota rate available (I used 5.99% as my comparison, and there is no guarantee we could have obtained that low a rate anyway).

Long story short, there didn’t seem to be much wiggle room to get this car down to the $22,500 neighborhood. Besides the two dealers we visited, I also made e-mail inquiries to a third, relayed I would be a buyer at that price, and even selected a white Highlander out of that dealers stock and referenced it in my e-mail. I never heard back from them. The salesperson at Courtesy Toyota who provided the written offer at $23,789 was unfailingly courteous (seems appropriate) each time we conversed by phone, but never gave the slightest indication that there was any more room to dicker-he just wanted to know if I was going to come in soon to complete the transaction.
    From these experiences I concluded that perhaps we really had touched bottom on Highlander pricing despite anecdotal evidence of lower pricing in other markets. It was time to drive an Escape.

Visited Greenway Ford in Orlando, closest one to my work and home, and took home a 2007 XLT FWD, (4 cylinder engine) for an extended test drive that night. My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle, so I wanted her to help decide. She reported it felt a bit more truck-like than the CR-V and the Highlander, which is understandable, since there are both car-based sport cutes, but she thought she could probably live with it. She did not like the leather guts; in hot, sticky, Florida, sticking to the seats is a valid concern. In the meantime, my Friday was spent poring over Edmunds and KBB to educate myself, and getting internet quotes from other dealers. Got a written offer from a competing Ford dealer to sell me a similarly equipped Escape for $23,500 The 2007 Escape is still well-incentivized with plenty of cash rebates or attractive rates from Ford Credit. Most offers expire October 2, 2006, so hurry if you are thinking about this one. (Or wait, for the next big marketing blitz) We returned that car Saturday and asked for the same one with cloth seats. There was one at a different dealership, and so we bought it sight unseen within 2 hours. The deal looked like this:

2007 Escape XLT FWD with auto trans. The 2.3L I4 engine was a requirement of my fuel-miser wife, who is not an old lady but does accelerate like one. One of her shopping stipulations going in was that any Honda replacement we would buy had to get mileage as good as or better than the out-going CR-V at 24mpg in suburban driving.

MSRP on the base car so equipped was $22,280. The two options we wanted, moonroof (option 43M) and the audiophile CD system (option 588) add $1,180 to that cost, but Ford throws you the Sun and Sound discount of $585 if you get those two options in combination, so its like getting both options for the price of the stereo alone. The car we were dealing on also had the Rear Cargo Convenience Group (option 21R) for $150. Adding it all up the MSRP was $23,665. Greenway offered to move the car at $23,000. I countered with $22,500, and sales manager agreed. Then I pulled out the $500 College Graduate certificate I had downloaded from the Ford site, and watched the salesman squirm. They agreed it is a valid discount, and I had printed out my class schedule as per the requirement. So the final purchase price was $22,000, which is $888 below Edmunds TMV price and $296 below Edmunds invoice. I think we did alright…at least I don’t feel it was a one-sided victory for the dealer as in my last several purchases. Only then did we mention that would like an appraisal on the Honda. I guess as a measure of how unwelcome we were at that point, they offer us three hundred dollars for it, which I interpret as a good sign that we beat the stuffing out of their potential profit before holdback So we took the Honda to Carmax in Orlando; they will buy it Monday night for $2,000, which we will use to lower the amount we have to finance. Now as long as Ford Motor Credit doesn’t vomit me back up, and my so-far unseen purchase is what I expect, my work here is complete.

Hope others find this novella helpful…had to get if off my chest. Can now focus on football.
  • ritaphilritaphil Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2007 Mariner Luxury FWD.This is the deal I got: the sticker price is $25,645 and with supplier discount, the price is at about $25,000 with interest included. The lease is 36 months, 12k miles for $332/mth at $0 down. Could I get a better deal. Thanks.
  • ea1420ea1420 Member Posts: 22
    Our local Lincoln-Mercury dealer has a deal for the convenience package with roof rack for $16900 (that's with the 2K rebate figured in), which frankly, I was shocked at how cheap it was considering the other SUVs out there.
  • zoom_utezoom_ute Member Posts: 13
    Just purchased a 2006 Mazda Tribute-i, 4-cylinder 5-speed with AWD, options were all weather mats and rear bumper step. Metro-West Boston, MA region.

MSRP was $22,515, invoice was 21,089. Paid $20995 - $3000 rebate - $1000 MAC finance bonus cash for a net price of just $16995. Added cruise control (not available from the factory on "i" manual transmissions) for $300.

Financed the minimum required to get the $1000 bonus ($7k) and will pay off as a lump sum when first payment is due (interest rate with MAC is much higher than prime...about 9.8%, something around 6-6.5% should be available if you need to finance).

Very happy with the vehicle and with the dealership!

Also cross-shopped the 2007 Escape XLS AWD. Found one that was base with alloy wheels (MSRP $22090, invoice $20876) and had negotiated a price of $20,800 - $2000 Ford cash for a net price of $18,800. Went with the Mazda as they gave me a much better price on my trade-in, plus the Mazda had 16" alloys with wider tires, tinted glass, firmer suspension tuning, and 4year/50k mile warranty...all with a lower net price due to higher rebates (but it is a "leftover").

For those who are shopping any of these models there is no reason you should pay higher than invoice, the 2006 and 2007 are "lame ducks"...the redesigned 2008 will come out in early spring 2007 so push hard for a deal.

I used quotes from Edmunds and from Carsdirect.com to "cut to the chase" :).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    A 5-speed Mazda Tribute?

So, you are the one... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rcinmdrcinmd Member Posts: 139
    I, too, have a 5 speed AWD Tribute, an 05. Have had it for two years now. I guess my biggest gripe has been creaking sounds which seem to intensify during transitions to and from cold temps. I recently slathered petroleum jelly onto all the weatherstripping, and it is again quiet, but for how long, who knows. I am debating selling the vehicle, but then, that's me. I get the itch every two years. I am bringing it in for the recall Monday, and at that time will have the dealer address an idle speed that shoots to 2500-3000 rpm when cold, for about 30 seconds to a minute after startup. That began this year, and they feel it might be the idle control valve. They will probably reflash the pcm.
    As for this configuration, I am convinced it it the best balanced and best handling Tribute available. It is amazingly competent at speed, and as for the AWD, it is excellent. So with snow getting close, I might decide it is still the best choice all the way around, and choose to hang on to it; falling gas prices also help. I doubt I'll ever break 30 mpg on the highway, running at 75 mph, but 28 is not too bad.
  • greenwichgreenwich Member Posts: 1
    I've owned a 2002 Mazda Tribute for 5 years. After 43,000 miles the O/D drive started blinking and the service engine soon light came on. I immediately took it to the dealer and was told I needed a new transmission. It is no longer under warranty and the cost will be $3,500. Has anyone else had this problem with transmission?
  • jon_carter_99jon_carter_99 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what they are getting for prices on the 2007 Escapes 2WD in the St. Louis area. I recieved a quote of $17,300 which was the base for the Auto XLS 2WD. It included the $3,000 rebate.
  • chitown777chitown777 Member Posts: 13
    I paid $17,400 on a 2006 Limited Edition. It also was a certified pre-owned with only 6K miles and I got a 6 yr 75k warranty. I worked them hard though
  • zoom_utezoom_ute Member Posts: 13
    try carsdirect.com for a quote, it will give you some idea.

In my zip the target price is $17,077... this is about $375 over invoice (ie base invoice + destination fee + $375) minus $3k in rebates. I would offer $16,700 which is true invoice - rebates if they have the exact car you want in stock, they still make $$ on the holdback...see my post above for the deal I had worked out.

It's the end of the month so you should be able to get a nice deal. :shades:
  • guardguard Member Posts: 2
    This Tribute has the following options:

CDD - 6 Disc Player
    FLA - Floor Mats
    MCT - Rearview Dimmer
    RSP - Rear Spoiler
    AB2 - Side Airbags
    1TP - Tow Pkg

MSRP: $27,320
    Invoice: $25,382
    After 3,000 Rebate and Dest charge: $22,789

Dealer is offering it for: $19,975

This looks like a good deal.... any thoughts?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    19,975 is about 7400 off msrp, provided no big fees or anything. I've seen numerous dealer ads on motoralley.com advertising 6500-7200 off, so you are on the high range (of $ off, which is good.)

Trouble is, these discounts will probably be reflected in the blue book values next year, so you still may want to hit about 10 dealers by email fax eom to see if it can be beat before the end of the month. That assumes it isn't the last blue one or whatever within 100 mi or so. If you gotta have it offer 18,500 and play hard to get. You're in the drivers seat. Tell him you're looking at several other vehicles and wifey hates blue. The market has been soft on these vehicles for more than a year.

FYI several dealers here in Southern Ohio in May were offering the same vehicle in 05 model year for about the same. (about $7000 off) So you've got a pretty good deal, the fact you got it so easily makes one suspicious there may be more there.

If you're into extended warranties or that sort of thing, try to keep any 7 to 8 year, 100 or 120k mi bumper to bumper factory warranties to about $800-1200. Othewise just pass.

lotsa luck
    --jjf

This Tribute has the following options:

CDD - 6 Disc Player
    FLA - Floor Mats
    MCT - Rearview Dimmer
    RSP - Rear Spoiler
    AB2 - Side Airbags
    1TP - Tow Pkg

MSRP: $27,320
    Invoice: $25,382
    After 3,000 Rebate and Dest charge: $22,789

Dealer is offering it for: $19,975

This looks like a good deal.... any thoughts?
  • guardguard Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply JJF. Much appreciated. I might try squeezing a little more.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Guard
  • fxdcfxdc Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2007 Ford Escape XLS FWD Automatic I4.

Base Price $19,845
    Rear Cargo Convenience Group $150
    Roof Rack W/Horizontal Crossbars $40
    Aluminum Wheels $375
    Convenience Group $350
    Detination & Delivery $615

Total MSRP $21,375

Dealer documentation fee $89

Total price $21,464

$4,000 in rebates
    $2,000 Dealer discount

My purchase price $15,464
  • ilusionilusion Member Posts: 1
    Thats a gr8 price! I hv Ford Explorer. Recently I started lookin out for a new SUV. Could I know which area your dealer is from? & if you could share your buying experience