Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Toyota Supra

kumitkumit Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Soo I hear the famous Supra is being revived to roam the street once agian... With a V6 none Turbo making around 280 to 300. price is set to be around high 20s, low 30s.

Comments

• carpeoplecarpeople Member Posts: 36
    Rumored that it will appear at the Tokyo Motor Show, in the fall. Also, Nissan GT-R rumored will show up.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    would it ever be sweet to have the Supra back....

~alpha
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    Doesn't seem like alot of chat about this. Kinda makes me doubt its survival if this is the reception it would get.

A V6? Are you sure? Why not the straight 6? Keep it somewhat linked to the previous version in that aspect. Personally, I'd rather have a modded version of the Lexus I6 than the Camry V6. Yeah, yeah, its just a mental block on my part, but I can't help it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• blazinasianblazinasian Member Posts: 4
    I believe that both Toyota and Nissan will be bringing true sport cars back from their respective companies. The Supra is probably going to have the V6 cause of cost-savings sharing this engine as well as frame with the upcoming Lexus IS300. There is much more info and speculation in the "Toyota Supra Fast somewhat furious" link. Check it out. As for the Skyline GTR, it looks wicked, or at least some of the spy shots do. When the R35 hits the streets here, its gonna make things very interesting for potential buyers as well as potential competitors. Price for it should be more than a new Supra Turbo, maybe something like 50 to 60 G's. Expensive? You bet. Worth every penny? I hope! This is just my guess, but it's based on speculation that a 350Z Twin Turbo will also see production in the not too distant future (maybe 2005?). The 350Z TT should be around the 40's, so the "ultimate" Nissan is going to have to be priced higher to keep the "car status pyramid" in balance. I just can't wait till October when the Tokyo Int. Auto Show debuts these awesome machines! Any comments, criticisms?
    Yeah, that sounds kinda crazy, but I heard that the Mark V might only be offered with a high-powered V-8. No inline or V-6. This Supra probably won't ever see factory forced induction and will be priced around maybe 50 G's. It sounds crazy I know, but it may be the truth. It doesn't make sense to me why Toyota wouldn't offer a "base" V-6 and then the V-8 as the super-duper Supra. They'd need to offer the V-6 to compete with the 350Z, RX-8, S2000, etc... as far as performance per dollar. I'm running low on patience for the Mark V, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
  • maxiusmaxius Member Posts: 7
    All I can say is bring back the Toyota Supra in 2005. I would rather get that than a 350Z or RX-8. If they don't then I'll just get the 350Z instead. Heck I would even take one of the old 93-98 Supra TT, but they cost a lot of money. Max
  • bthecarpbthecarp Member Posts: 3
    toyota needs to bring back the supra if they want to get more support from their younger buyers, which is getting less and less each year. Especially since everything they bring out for young buyers is a flop or sells to older people, i.e. the echo or this scion crap. If they bring out the supra and redesign the celica to be a smaller version of the supra that is more affordable, then they could at least bring back some people. They should also ditch this MR-2 spyder crap that they're trying to pawn off on stupid buyers.
  • balkanboybalkanboy Member Posts: 1
    Toyota will bring back the ungodly fast Supra if they intend to compete w/their counterparts (Nissan, Honda, etc). It's about time they stopped making only 'family type' sedans, vans etc, good for soccer moms, grandpa/grandmas, etc. There always was a market for a sports car, and discontinuing it in 1998 was IMHO, a mistake. Let's hope the new Supra will be able to smoke all the Z's on the road :).
  • blacktalonblacktalon Member Posts: 203
    If this image is even close to reality, I definitely like the style better than the Z or the RX-8 (both of which are nice-looking cars).

All I can say is day-am! This Supra looks wicked! I think I like the side and rear the most. It's a logical evolution from the Mark IV and just what I hoped for, creasing the lines of the Mark IV and giving the body more detail. I still think the Mark IV front looks better, but this Mark V doesn't look bad... but could be improved. The headlights should be placed back on top instead of in the middle of the front end. It gives it a "Camaro-ish" look, which isn't bad, just not "Supra". Anyways, just glad to see that even the prototypes look wicked! Blacktalon, where did you find this article/pic?
  • blacktalonblacktalon Member Posts: 203
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    *scratching head*
    but, blacktalon, isn't that the same image you posted in post #10?

I agree with blazinasian, the front is most definitely '68-'69 camaro. The rear is much like the previous Supra. Does the sideshot remind anyone else of Ferrari or just me?

Overall, that is really nice looking. I'm not too sure the front really jives with the rest of the car, though. I'd like to see a front 3/4 shot.

can anyone tell me what the numbers in that chart say? I can't quite read it and don't have a program on this machine where I can download and zoom in on it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen- It does kinda look like a Ferrari, but I think that the rear 1/4 looks strikiningly similiar to the Aston Martin Vanquish (or any other current day Aston model). Still, the design is nicer than some others I've seen. I just wish they'd make the front look like the Mark IV, just with an "updated" look to it. No more of this retro-fad stuff, please. I've just about had my fill (Ford Thunderbird, PT Cruiser, even Honda Element. They're all good cars, just too much "retro" flavor for my taste.). I can't read the numbers in that article, but did read some new info about the Mark V. I think that one engine used in the Mark V will be a 3.5 liter V-6 (still wish they'd continue with the inline-6, but no real business case for it I guess...) that produces 325 hp. That's 38 hp more than the 350Z, and hopefully in a car roughly the same weight. I'm just hoping that a Twin Turbo model will follow that will push around 450 hp. That would truly be Supra-dupra.
  • nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    anyone remember?

James Bond?

side view is very Aston Martin, which is not a bad thing at all
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    R&T stated a few months ago that the Tokyo Auto Show later this month would be the coming out party for the legendary Supra. Expect a 3.5L Six with around 290-300HP.
       Also consider the tact taken with the Celica. Weight: 2500lbs. 350Z: 3285. Expect the new Supra to come in around 3100-3150 without Turbos, T-top reinforcements, or an inefficient inline-6 design hurting packaging. Toyota will probably go Hybrid for an extra 75HP to top the 350-375 C5/C6 Vette.
       And Blacktalon, those pcs have been floating arund since 2000, I wouldn't put much into them. That ain't 'Yota style!
This discussion has been closed.