Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I can tell you this. There are a number of dealers in South Fla (Acura) and I had very negative experiences with most. I was finished until I talked to a salesman who really made the deal happen. One dealer called me today. They never called me back with a price and when I finally got somebody on the phone this dealer told me they do cap cost leases only. Story changed today when they called me back.

Rob
  • jpdisarrojpdisarro Member Posts: 33
    I would never take anything written on TTAC seriously.
  • ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    Neither would I.
  • alex_dvalex_dv Member Posts: 6
    Dealer in Ramsey, NJ offered me 33900 for
    TL with Tech ( MSRP 39450) financing 2.9% for 2 years.

Is it a good deal?

Did anyone recently buy TL in NYC ?
  • joeadmjoeadm Member Posts: 2
    I live in Long Island, NY and was offered 33816 at a local dealership for a 09 TL tech.
    I guess you could get 33-33.5 K with some hard negotiating.

So overall I would say it is pretty close to a good deal. Plus the tax in NJ is 7% I guess compared to 8.3% in NY.
  • rowdy141rowdy141 Member Posts: 2
    In the market for second car and would like some feedback. Test drove bmw 3 and 5 series as well as Infinity G and M's. Then tried the Acura TL SHw/ tech. Loved the car... dealer quoted me :
    MSRP 42,995
    SALE PRICE 38,571
    2300 DOWN PAYMENT CAP COST PLUS BANK FEE AND TAXES.
    LEASE DEAL WAS $539 MNTH/ 36 MNTHS 10K YEAR

Compared to Bmw 5 series lease was in low 600's with much higher sticker, Tl doesn't sound like a good lease deal. Maybe better to buy... Appreciate feedback
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    this past weekend i got offer for base model TL at $428/month. 36/10k with $2100 out of pocket (NJ tax). hope that helps.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    You have to compare apples to apples, the BImmer that leases in the low sixes is probably the base 528I.If you stepped it up to a 535XI fully loaded that is more in line with the TL Tech AWD you are looking at a $800 plus lease.So the monthly on the TL Tech AWD is not that bad compared to the Bimmer option for option.
    I just got 09 TL with TECH 376.00 a Month plus sales TAX. ZERO CAP COST.

You dont say what your cap cost was and what the taxes were. Forget cap costs. That lease is pretty high IMHO

Rob
    You can do better than that on a base model with 10K miles a yea.r Keep workign. remember the new models are out in about 6 weeks. Prices should drop on base 09 models.

Rob
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Great lease price with "O"down on an 09'TL Tech. Assume its at 12K/36mo? Who was the dealer?
    Cannot be zero down, everyone has to pay the bank fee $595.
  • rowdy141rowdy141 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer was Curry Acura in White Plains, N.Y.. Also CAP COST was 1500. What is this and should I have dealer due away with this. Thanks
  • jmcmannisjmcmannis Member Posts: 39
    Easiest way to think about it is cap cost for a lease is what a downpayment is for a finance. The higher the cap cost you pay the lower your payment will be. You're essentially prepaying part of the lease. Most people don't recommend paying a high cap cost since you'll just be giving the car back in a few years. For me I say it's a personal decision. If paying more now gives you a lower payment you're happier with then do what works best for you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    It's zero down, if you don't pay anything upfront.. Almost all costs can be rolled into the lease..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I didnt even know you could do that, personally, I would not.
  • mrjerriosmrjerrios Member Posts: 4
    Wanted to contribute back to the forum since it helped me out alot. I purchased the dark metallic color with black interior for $33.9K from Champion Acura in Houston. I felt like it was a good deal since the guy from Acura Southwest wouldn't even match the price over the phone, he told me to come in and I had to talk to the manager to see if they could even match the price. This was the initial offer I got from the dealer by email, drove down there the same day and purchaed it. 2.9% financing for 60 months.
  • artnycaceartnycace Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up my 09 SH-AWD / Tech from Springfield Acura in NJ.
    Sticker:$43045 (inc destination)
    Price:$37,310 (inc destination)
    TTL and dealership fees:$3,862 (NY tax 8.325%) included window etching and a few other things. Fees were a bit high in my opinion, but the price was right otherwise (I don't think that on a $40,000 car $100-$200 make a huge difference).
    $3,000 down
    $702 per month @ 3.9 for 60 months
    Dealer was very courteous, did not try to up-sell any warranties or service plans and did not cry about not making any money on the deal (the price was actually below the invoice price once you count the $2000 factory incentive, though they still make their 2%). They took 2 days getting the car that I wanted (black/black) and overall it was a pretty painless experience.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    It's the best way to go...

Most of my leases are 1st payment, refundable security deposit (only if required) and title/registration fees ($114 where I live) upfront. When I get a lease payment, it's generally the true cost of the vehicle..

On my last lease, Subaru had a promotion.... True sign and drive... I paid nothing at delivery... Just 23 months of payments on a 24 month lease... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• alex_dvalex_dv Member Posts: 6
    How did you get 2.9% for 60 month?
    Dealer in Nj tald me 2.9% for 24 month
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Hi mrjerriois,

Can you please break down the charges for 33900, and can you please tell me the salesman name and did you have any trade and any extra ad dons on the car. Your reply is appreciated as i am also planning to buy a TL shortly
  • prchohanprchohan Member Posts: 10
    The title says it all. Bought the car today. I think I got a pretty good deal. This includes all season floor mats. 2.9% for 60 months. This forum helped a lot. Thank you everyone.
  • be01243be01243 Member Posts: 2
    Dear prchohan:
    Can you please let me know which dealer you bought your car from?
  • prchohanprchohan Member Posts: 10
    I appreciate all the help I got but don't think divulging the dealership name would be fair. I can tell you it's within 20 miles of Hoffman Estates, IL. I hope you don't mind.
  • kiwislugkiwislug Member Posts: 1
    I am a first time car buyer who doesn't really know much about how this all works ....

I have had my eye on a certified pre-owned 2008 TL Base Model (automatic) without navigation at 17,700 miles and tried negotiating with the dealer today -- it's listed on the dealer website for $28,900 and their "rock bottom price" is $27,700 ... do you think this is a good deal for this car?

Also, as an alternative choice, a 2006 TL base model WITH navigation at 41,200 miles for $22,800? Can someone help me out and let me know if I am getting a good price? Thanks.

It would be nice to have the navi but I feel as long as I'm spending that much money, might as well put in a little extra for the newer car which will get more life out of the CPO warranty.

I DO NOT like the '09 or '10 TL body ... otherwise, it would totally be worth it to spend the extra and get a new car.
  • cman7cman7 Member Posts: 19
    I was in the same market a few weeks ago. See my recent posts, and the responses I received. I went to many dealers, and drove a lot of miles. i ended up pulling the trigger on the same base,CPO, 08 for $26,000. I did not have a trade, but this was the best I got from private seller or dealer. I live in Georgia, and cross checked my price at local dealers, and on the web. I am satisfied with the car, and feel i got a decent deal. Mine had 10,000 mi on it at purchase. For some reason the 08 seems to be a car that buyers want. I did not like the 09 either.
  • countdown1countdown1 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know when deliveries of 2010 TLs will start?
    More importantly, how much do you think the rolling out of the 2010 model will affect (still brand new) 2009 stock? I really like the SH-AWD w/Tech, but my budget only allows for the FWD w/ Tech. I'm wondering whether the 2009 SH-AWD Tech can be had for today's price of a 2090 FWD w/ Tech once the 2010 model comes to dealerships.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Huh? That's part of what this Forum is about - sending people to good dealerships. We don't permit salespeople's names to be mentioned, but we do encourage naming dealerships.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Huh? That's part of what this Forum is about - sending people to good dealerships. We don't permit salespeople's names to be mentioned, but we do encourage naming dealerships.

Absolutely. Nothing unfair about it. Dealership gets business. EDMUND's members get a good deal.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • jinx6jinx6 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the ny area. How does this deal sound

$35000 price of car
    36 month lease
    12k a year
    $1300 out of pocket
    $520 a month tax included
  • roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    TL price was once 7k below MSPR, will we see similar deal later this year? I am looking for a V6 sedan with leather trim. Seems I can get a Accord V6 EX-L for 24k. Thanks.
    Have you driven them both??? Slight difference between them.
  • tennesseemantennesseeman Member Posts: 1
    I live in Tennessee and am in the market for a new 2009 TL with tech package. The dealer is also including the "protection package" which includes the wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray and all weather floor mats. He is quoting me a total cost of $35,474.37. This includes all fees such as doc fee and destination fee (except tax and a $14 title fee). He is telling me the invoice on the car is $36,366 plus another $600 for the protection package for a total invoice just under $39,000. He is saying because of the $2,000 dealer cash, he just wants to make $500, hence the price of $35,474. I have read there are people getting these cars for a price closer to $34,000 or even $33,500, but I don't know if that includes increased doc fees or destination fees. Please give me your feedback if you can!

Thanks!!
    Depends on what the 1300 covers. Is that first month and tag or something else?

Rob
  • jinx6jinx6 Member Posts: 2
    first month bank fee and tag fees
    Looks good then. finally a sharp deal posted by somebody without any cap cost nonsense or similar. I paid 476 a month which included (6%) tax. Tax fees/bank was about 500 I think at closing.

Rob
  • skodukulaskodukula Member Posts: 13
    I got the TL with Tech in April'09 with the 2 K offer. Before tax and the title charges ($ 140 in Illinois). I had all accesories in your protection package except for Wheel locks ($75 if you get them to install or buy OEM $30 and install yourself). The total price with the other accesories etc that I paid are - 33,400 includes Dest charges and the other accesories ( Weather Mats,Splash Guards, The Trunk tray I got it with the Dealer Points)

Its a nice car.. I would say you are like 1700- 2K more than what I paid based on your breakdown and assuming that the 2K is included in the price you mentioned.
  • cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    edmunds.com says the MSRP for that car, w/o the protection package, is $38,685 and the invoice, w/o the protection package, is $35,556. Those totals don't include destination charges, which vary by location. So, assuming the protection package costs or is worth anywhere near $600, the dealer is keeping about $1,000 of the $2K dealer incentive, not just $500.

OTOH, edmunds TMV price is about $35,500 including destination charge, so the dealers offer to you pretty much matches TMV with the protection package thrown in. Therefore, the dealer's quote appears to be a fair price, but it looks to me like he is making more than $500 on the deal.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Depends on inventory levels in August and September. Just got a quote for a base TL at $32,000, plus TTL. Not sure if this is the best number out there. Although $8,000 higher than the Accord, I feel theTL is in a total different class of vehicles. I plan to wait and see what Acura Corporate does in the next two months to help dealers reduce the 2009 TL inventory.
    Why do customers even consider buying the so called protection package from the dealer. You can buy these same items on line for half the price the dealer sells them for. For example, I bought the trunk tray for $81.25, Mats $97.50 and the Splash Guards $99. The total $278.00 compared to the dealers inflated price of $600.00. Come on guys, do some research and save yourselves some money.
    Cebteb, You are right. I bought all of my accessories for my Element from H&A in California.
  • acura798acura798 Member Posts: 4
    After watching these boards for a few months I decided it was time to make a move now that I had enough information to stand firm and get the deal I wanted on the vehicle I wanted.

Just closed last week 7/30 on a 2009 Acura TL-AWD, it was a very easy and simple process. A friend of mine referred me to a salesman at Acura of Milford I emailed him, we corresponded a few times by email and phone and left a deposit once we agreed on a price and picked up the vehicle the next night.

The deal you may ask:
    2009 Acura TL-AWD w/Tech Package
    $37,150 + Tax and Reg

I also traded my 2006 MB CLS500 w/39,000 miles on it which I owned and had title in hand to trade, they gave me a little less than I would have liked on the trade but I did have a carfax on my CLS500 with 2 accidents and airbag deployment so I believe it was fair.

:shades:
    congrats!! you will love the car!!!
    Thanks, the car is tremendous, in a class of its own, especially for the money, even at sticker price, which of course i didnt pay :P
    Did you get the white on black? I notice it is missing from their inventory.
    i got a white/taupe, i wanted white on black, but they said they had swapped it out for another dealer
    Congrats and enjoy your car- I might pull the plug this month and go for the same car you got but I will either do White on Black or White on Umber.
    Good luck. The car is great. I'm curious to see if you can find the white/umber. When I asked about that combo, all the salemen could do was groan.
  • be01243be01243 Member Posts: 2
    Is Umber same as Parchment?
  • jr1976jr1976 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased an 09 TL base, royal blue pearl with taupe interior. Leased for 36 mths 10,000 miles year for $520 with $1000 down. Traded a 2008 Lexus IS 250 and rolled over $4,000 negative. Agreed upon price for the TL was $30,900. I'm in the Raleigh NC area and most dealers here were $100 more per month because of my trade. I finally found a dealer about 40 miles away to make it work by dropping their price and giving more for my trade. I feel like it is a good deal with little money out of pocket. :D