Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Yeah, maybe that's why there is so much more activity on the G lately....they have lots of 09s left and are really dealing. Good point.
  • zach950zach950 Member Posts: 2
    Tobe, Can you recommend salesperson at Wayne Acura? Did you talk with anyone down near Long Branch or in Princeton? I'm just starting my search for a TL. thks. zach
  • tobe_cx7tobe_cx7 Member Posts: 26
    yes..it includes destination..

zach- talk to tony messina, If you can msg me or get me your email, i'll tell u details offline (if required), I didnt contact anyone in Princeton area (cuze none had the color in stock i was looking initially)
  • zach950zach950 Member Posts: 2
    Tobe, Aside from salesman, tell me more about the deal. Did they try to push the sales tax $3K into the lease? Does that make sense? Your amortizing sales tax?
    What other hidden fees should I expect? The Princeton folks said their application fee was $190 and Wayne was $389. Any insights would be helpful....I'm looking to strike deal before end of Jan....hopefully to get better deal. I was told invoice is a fixed amount among dealers...so how do you negotiate a lower deal?
    zach5@aol.com thks. zach
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    zach.....don't want to interrupt with questions meant for tobe, but in general, here's how a lease goes down....

-negotiated price for the car
    -tax, title, license and doc fees. Depending on the terms, you usually only pay taxes on the monthly lease amount....and not for the entire amount you negotiated for the price of the car.
    -downpayment....usually first month's payment, acquisition fees (and sometimes, at the end of the lease, you have to pay a disposal fee), any sort of other monies used to lower the price of the lease terms. Those bank and lease fees are not negotiable.

NOTE: this is why I don't like leases.....first, you have to guess how many miles should be included in the lease. If you go way over, you've got a big $$$$ amount you have to pay. If you're way under, you've paid too much for the lease. Plus, after you think you've negotiated a good price for the car, it doesn't look so good when you add in lease origination fees, bank fees, etc. On top of that, when the lease is over, you may have to pay a disposal fee, just to give the car back to them, with no equity for the car assigned to you.

Some leasing agencies, whether the lease is through Honda Motor Credit, or a 3rd party source, add in more fees for dings, scratches, etc that invariably happen during the course of the lease's term. Some are more strict than others in what they call "normal wear and tear".

All that said, if you're leasing, that about covers it. Read the lease carefully to see what it does/doesn't cover, the fees involved, and what your liability is. Make sure it includes GAP insurance.

From what I'm seeing right now, TL AWD w/tech are going for about $38k-$38.5K...maybe a few hundred less on the east or west coast where the competition is greater.

A TL tech should be in that $34K-34.5K.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • tobe_cx7tobe_cx7 Member Posts: 26
    I financed the vehcile, If you are looking for lease then I might not be able to correlate b/w two deals (I dont know much about leases), Yes doc fee or prep fee or app fee (398 vs 190) is a bit higher @ wayne but the deal I was matching with them had same fee so I didnt argue on that...I've paid even higher in past (600$ in GA...never again), All in all my numbers matched with what was offered..I might be able to squeeze something more if I went out and look more for my backup color (which I purchased) but I was w/o vehicle & needed to close the deal..I'll email you details on your email ID over weekend.
  • tk76tk76 Member Posts: 13
    Hey tobe. Can you please let me know the name of the infiniti salesman and the dealer.
  • joey32joey32 Member Posts: 5
    What should I offer? 2009 TL with Tech -14k miles grey color..priced at $32000 in California.

- Joey
  • shigenobuchanshigenobuchan Member Posts: 8
    No more than 29k imho. I've seen pre-owned certified Tech in SoCal go for $29.5k, and that's with under 10k miles
  • joey32joey32 Member Posts: 5
    is that 29K out of door or before TTL? 32K is before TTL.
  • shigenobuchanshigenobuchan Member Posts: 8
    Before TTL
  • rs1staclrs1stacl Member Posts: 1
    CBP/Umber AWD Tech, 37,500+TTL=40k OTD. Entire deal completed over internet. Initial dealer offer at 38,9K. Accepted my counter of 37.5 as long as I closed before end of Jan. Done and never happier. Total time in dealership - about 1.5 hours to sign papers.
  • queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    WDP w/ Ebony AWD w/ Tech $37,059 + TTL. Did I do ok?
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    2010 TL, AWD with Technology and NW package ( trunk tray, wheel locks, all season mats, splash guards), 38,700, was an offer I just got in Pacific Northwest Region what area did you get the 37,500 deal and any options?

Thank you.
    queens....did you have a trade-in? Were there any other fees in addition to tax, license?
  • queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    Yes, I did have a trade. I received a little less (few hundred) than what galves said I should get, but the price I was receiving made up for it. Only other fee was doc fee which was only $75. Taking everything into account (i.e. sales price, fees, trade) I think I did ok, especially since no other dealers could touch it.
  • winston18winston18 Member Posts: 10
    Looking to buy the same car from same dealer this month. $2k dealer cash and 1.9 still apply. Looks like you got a great price. How much negotiating did this take? Did you have a strategy?

Thanks,
    Which part of country and dealer?
  • psupravpsuprav Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have any experiences to share with regards to a 2010 TL in the Raleigh area? I'm looking to make an offer on a 2010 TL AWD w/ Tech, but I'm not sure what is a good offer in this area.

I'm most interested in the model/options/OTD price, but also dealership/sales person experience is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • luisja2000luisja2000 Member Posts: 14
    I can get you the car for $38000, email me if you are interested luisja2000@yahoo.com
    Any dealers in pacific northwest with prices at
    38000 for tl awd w/ tech with hpt and without.
  • hojam2hojam2 Member Posts: 3
    what is ur opinion on this deal

2010 acura TL base. OTD $34,789..including, TTL+fees+ dest. 1.9% for 36 mos in NY area
    Chicago burbs. Continental Acura
  • jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    $36,787 would be a better price. At your $38,000 you're still making $1213 so I think a better price for the person from you would be more like $37,100 and about $100 dealer fees.
    Nice price Luis. Whereabouts are you located? You a dealer?
  • luisja2000luisja2000 Member Posts: 14
    No, I am not a dealer but I have a pretty good contact at one of them. I bought one myself on December and I love it. You can email me if you need more details
    luisja2000 at yahoo.com
    email on its way (graphicguy)
    Hey GraphicGuy,

Are you in the Raleigh area and looking to buy this month? I'm wondering if we can leverage our buying power. Maybe we can shop the joint offer around to the area dealerships as an all or nothing deal and we both win by getting them to come down even more on the price. 1 salesman, 2 sales, 1/2 the work to close the deal.

I plan to offer $37,500 (dest and fees included) + TTL for a 2010 TL AWD w/ Tech.
    psupray...I'm actually in the Cincinnati area. I'm still deciding between a G37X with premium/nav and a TL SH AWD w/tech.

Once I decide that, I'll make my offers. On the TL, I'll make an offer of $37.5. But, I only make one offer. I don't sit at the negotiation table. I make the offer to a few dealers. If they accept, we've got a deal. If they all decline, I start all over again and readjust my offer.

I may expand my shopping as there's only one Infiniti dealer around me, and two Acura dealers. I could go as far as KY and IN to expand my search, as I want a specific TL....CBP and Umber.

I also have a business trip coming up to Chicago (about 5 hours from me), where I may scope some dealerships there.
    I have internet sales managers from 3 local dealerships sending me emails every few days. I haven't responded to any of them. My plan is to wait until closer to the end of the month and send my offer of $37.5 for AWD/Tech to all of them via email and see how it goes.

With the short month, bad weather, and poor TL sales, and dealer cash on the table, I hoping I can get the deal I want without too much hassle.

If I can't get the deal I want this month, I'll wait it out. I don't see too much changing as far as the economy in the short term, so maybe Acura will actually sweeten the deal (wishful thinking?).
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    I am in similar situation, deciding between G37 Journey with prem/navi/sport and TL SH-AWD with tech. I am in CA where the RWD G37 will be perfectly fine, but I will not take the FWD base TL.

I noticed that you did not include sport package in your G37x configuration, and am wondering whether it was an omission or your choice. IMO. the sport package's 18" wheel, paddle shifters, larger break, and sport seats makes the G37x more apple-to-apple with TL AWD and price in the same ballpark. Curious to know your thoughts.
    Looking to do the same thing. Looking for no more than 35.5k on a fed tech
    Good luck
  • sunset120sunset120 Member Posts: 5
    Ayone made a great deal on a TL Base w/ Tech package in D/FW area? Thanks
  • digger34digger34 Member Posts: 1
    If you can make the trip to oklahoma city...I just bought a 2010 Acura TL-Tech on 6 Feb for 34,500.00 plus 1.9% for 60 months. Dealer added trunk tray, wheel locks, and splash guards. Dealership that sold the car is Bob Howard Acura. The 34.500.00 does not include TTL but did include all doc fees and destination charges.

I would be curious to see what kind of deal you can get in the DFW area
  • alexrrt71alexrrt71 Member Posts: 8
    i just took home a 2010 TL tech package 18" wheels for $34,900 +TTL in jacksonville, florida. 2.9% 60 months
    jtla...I've test driven the G37x with and without the sport package. Does it handle better? Yeah, sure....but only marginally so over the "regular" G37x. And, the "S" package makes it rides a lot stiffer. The sport seats actually "pinch" me in the S version, too. I'm not a big guy 5'10"-175lbs. So, unless you're really slightly built, the seats in the "S" package aren't very comfortable, at least not for me. That's something I didn't notice on the standard G37x.

G37x vs the TL SH AWD? That's my dilemma. I find both to be comfortable. They're both fast. I'm not going to debate a few 10ths of a second on a track. By my "buttometer" says they're both fast.....too close to call.

I posted in another thread, after test driving the A4/5, Mercedes C300 4 matic, BMW 1 and 5 series (used to own a 330i, so I know what a 3 series feels like), the above mentioned cars, the TL SH AWD feels closer to the 5 series in performance, room, ride, handling. It's kind of a "tweener"....splitting the difference between a 3 and 5 series, a G and M series, or an A4 and A6.

That's more or less where I personally slot the TL (SH AWD....the standard TL is kind of in a different category....maybe more comparable to a CTS). I certainly like the seats in the SH AWD version better than the standard TL seats. They don't look much different, but the SH AWD seats feel better. Being in a winter climate (as I look out my window and see about 4 inches of snow on the ground), the 19" summer wheels and tires don't play well for 4 months out of the year around here. Same for the "S" package on the G.

Tough decision. Both the Gx and the TL SH AWD are really close. The G37x is a little faster, but a little less refined than the TL. The TL is a little more comfortable and really offers some nice handling characteristics in the SH AWD version. It "feels" bigger than the G but handles "smaller", too....if that makes sense. Don't know if that's a positive or negative for you.

If I were in CA, and I absolutely had to have the very last "nth" degree in handling? I'd probably look at the TL SH AWD with the HPT, or the "S" package on the Gx. Just know that the ride would be a lot stiffer with either. If you can live with 99.5% of the capabilities of either HPT or S package, and get a better ride, stick with the standard set ups with both.
  • sunset120sunset120 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks..good info. Congrats on your new car at a great price.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts in comparing these models. Definitely some valuable inputs to my decision process. I currently drive, and love, the 328i. During my test drives, I found the G handled very close to my 3-series. On the other hand, I was not impressed by the base TL's handling at all. I have not had a chance to test drive TL with SH-AWD, but do hear a lot of nice things about its handling. I am sure that I will be satisfied by it, but it is $3k more than the base TL.

One thing you mention which I don't quite get it is that TL "feels" bigger than the G but handles "smaller". The TL is bigger and it shows. In the test drive, I felt I was driving a Buick dimension-wise. In fact, its size bothers me more than its grille and rear end. I do like TL's interior space, feel and comfort better than G, though.

The funny thing is, as I sat in G and TL the other day, I realized that I like my 328i better than either. However, since I am purchasing (vs lease) this time and plan to keep the car for a long time, I do not want to take the risk of owning a German car beyond warranty. I have had my fair share of electronic problems during the 3-year lease. I just can't imagine how much it would cost if the repairs had to come out from my pocket. :sick:
  • laker7laker7 Member Posts: 4
    How much should I be paying for an Acura TL base without tech and just FWD? Invoice is $32,600. There is also marketing support of $1500 currently plus dealer holdback. I am in no rush, and want to get a good deal.
    jtla....you can tell what and who Infiniti was shooting for with the G37.....the 3 Series. Like you experienced, the G37 feels a lot like my former 330i (only that the G is a lot faster). I've test driven a 335i. There, the G37 and 335i feel almost identical in the speed dept.

I've also test driven the base TL and the TL SH AWD. Really, two different cars (of course except for the way they look). I almost felt like Acura wanted the base TL to compete with the Lesux ES350....a car I never enjoyed driving. The TL SH AWD definitely handles much better. It also feels much more fluid....almost like there's nothing you can do to upset it through the turns. If there's a downside to it, it almost takes the decision making out of the equation when driving briskly through twisty roads. No matter what line you pick, it sticks to that line, regardless. Steering is very neutral, too. The TL SH AWD drives much smaller than the weight and dimensions tell you it should.

As you know, BMWs are very nice cars. I know I got my 330i, all loaded up, with Nav, upgraded stereo, etc for a shade under $40K (I think it was $38K and change) about 4+ years ago. At the time, it was the top of the line 3 Series.

To get a top of the line 3 Series today, which would be a 335i, all loaded up, you're looking at $50K MSRP....maybe a little more. Let's say you get the dealer to discount $3K....that's still $47K. That's quite a price jump from just a few years ago.

Yeah, the 335i is faster than the 328 or 330. But, the underpinnings are about the same, and the interior sure hasn't changed much, neither has the exterior. Still, $7K-$10K more isn't something I'd be willing to pay for extra speed....especially since I can find that kind of performance elsewhere for a lot less money in the premium sedan dept.
    I've always felt that BMW sets things up whereas leasing is the way to go, since they subsidize leases pretty heavily. They do next to nothing for the person who wants to purchase one.

I don't like leases, for a multitude of reasons, on any car, not the least of which is all the bank/lessor fees, cap cost reductions, restrictive use parameters, etc that are associated with them.

Again, tough decision between the Gx and the TL AWD. These are two very good cars, that are priced so close, and perform so well, it's probably going to come down to what's available in what I want.

For example, I really like the CBP w/umber interior of the TL AWD. Either dealerships sell that combo as fast as they get them in. Or, Acura doesn't produce many of that combo. I had one dealership tell me that it wasn't very popular and they don't like getting them in. Yet, that dealer sells everyone of them he can get before any other color combo.

On the G37, I really like either the obsidian black or deep grey color (can't remember what Inifiniti calls it), with tan interior. I also prefer the wood option over the aluminum. I feel Acura does a much better job with their aluminum interior than Infiniti does. But, I do like the wood option in the G.

I'm probably leaning towards the TL AWD, if I can find it in the color combo I want. If not, I'll probably go with the G37x, which seems to have better availability in the colors I want (wood option is hard to find, though).
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    I would advise you to test the TL AWD HPT version extensively before you make that purchase.That was my 1st choice last year, white diamond pearl with umber interior.The car was very hard to find, however the dealer got it in, call me in for the test drive.I took my wife on a lovely weekday morning, saw the car from a distance and said WOW, this thing looks amazing-better than the pictures.Opened the door, the 1st thing my wife said was, the umber is too orange-I kinda felt the same way too.The test drive steered me away, the ride just eats up every bump in the road, it felt like I needed new shocks.I was planning to swap the tires out for some all seasons Michelins.I eventually settled for the White with the Ebony-non HPT, I could not be happier, the car is a gem to own and drive.I am not steering you away from the Umber, buy what ever fits your taste. I can warn you that the dealers who have the car with the HPT are tough to bargain with, their common saying- "its hard to find these car, especially in the Northeast".
  • ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    Hey Billy, funny how all the dealers have the same 'speech'. "hard to get here in the northeast because......." (fill in the blank with a lame excuse).
    I was also hot for that umber interior but then when I saw it in person, tho' beautiful, was too much of a 'statement' for us to live with daily. We once had a Caprice with a red interior...that got old quick.
    billy....I agree. Unless you are absolutely sure can use the HPT option, there are really too much sacrifice that has to be made in ride quality. Same goes for the "S" package on the G37.

I mae a poiunt in another thread where I consider the TL SH AWD to be more of a "tweener". It's performance ride and handling remind me a whole lot of a BMW 535i or an Infiniti M. But, people keep comparing it to the G and 3 Series (probably because of the price differential between the TL and the 5 series.
  • wolfpack07wolfpack07 Member Posts: 6
    A quote from Bay Area dealer on first e-mail contact (4 days back):

Acura TL 2010 30.8K incl destination

He gave me just 72-hour window and I wasn't in a rush...
  • majikufmajikuf Member Posts: 13
    How does this deal sound for the subject auto?

$37,659

price INCLUDES: Destination and all other manufacturer fees plus applicable incentives.
    price DOES NOT INCLUDE: Dealer documentation (processing), tax, DMV, registration, title, license, other government fees, or dealer installed accessories.

Dealer also offers the following:
    Free discount gas card
    Free 10 year / 100,000 Mile Nationwide Warranty (only on purchase)
    Free 4 year - 24 Hour Nationwide Roadside Assistance
    Free car washes for life
    This sounds like a great price, especially considering the 10 year / 100,000 miles warranty. That is got to be worth $2,000 if purchase separately. What region are you in and which dealer quoted this price?
    edited February 2010
    Rick Case Acura (all rick case dealers) offer the warranty, but I think it's just for the powertrain. This is in south florida.

I think rick case has dealers in ohio, florida, and atlanta, but i'm not 100% sure about the locations. rickcase.com (I believe) is their site.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268
    DOES NOT INCLUDE: Dealer documentation (processing),

$50?

$500?

$999?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2010
    majikuf.....Case used to have a motorcycle dealership in SW OH, many, many years ago. If his car dealerships are anything like my experience with them, I'd be very, very leery.

Again, this was a lot of years ago. And, Rick Case may have changed since then.

But, as "kyfdx" points out, look very carefully at some of the fees they may charge on the back end of that deal.

Also, do you have a trade-in. Rick Case used to always undervalue trade-ins, by a lot.
    I wasn't planning on trading in my accord, I was going to keep it and let the dogs mess that car up instead of the new TL. I do see some bad reviews here, but I also take these with a grain of salt. People usually don't search out a forum unless they have an ax to grind.

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/Florida/FortLauderdale/RickCaseAcura/index.ht- ml