Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• missjillmissjill Member Posts: 8
    Hey graphicguy,

2 grand off 36095 is 34095 ... You're doing some of that car salesman math :)
    Did you mean 34500 instead?
  • stglidestglide Member Posts: 8
    Bought my TL FWD Tech package for 33.8. 2nd TL owned. Simply a great car.
    Good luck.
    edited February 2010
    stglide... Had they added anything like moonroof visor, pinstriping onto the price of the car? That is a great price! How did you get it below invoice and then the 2 grand included? :confuse: You obviously know how to deal.
    jill
    First asked for competing quotes w/ 2 dealers. First and 2nd quotes received 33.8. dealer inventory with a jan build date. Acura 2k incentive Tech package a very nice plus. Checked edmunds and truecar to verify pricing. Add on ($700) for wheel locks, mud guards, shifter knob and wheel protection package for 5yrs.
    Good luck. Thank you Edmunds for invaluable information.
  • kmk6933kmk6933 Member Posts: 7
    What is this? Can I get more information?
    edited February 2010
    stglide... Just a couple more questions, I promise :blush: Did you pay 33.8 plus 700 bucks or 33.8 total before fees such as documentation/TTL? Is the destination charge included with the 33.8? The other dealer is hours away, but I will get in contact. Many thanks.
  • mendota101mendota101 Member Posts: 17
    Depreciation remains a significant part of car ownership. Buying a one year old car appears to be a good idea until one looks at the cost of a certified one year old car.
    With a bit of negotiating on a new car the spread between a new car price and a certified one year old car is small. Does anyone have experience in buying a certified car? Thank you
    Jill
    Destination charge included. Accessories and doc fee additional to 33.8k.
    My transaction done via email. Color selection, accessories and total price over the telephone.
    Good Luck.
    Mendota101
    Correct 1st year depreciation a wake up call. Great if you can find a choice low mileage car. Plenty of tools available to get familiar with dealer wholesale cost. Don't forget a carfax reports to review VIN history.
    Good luck. Although nothing like have a new car too....
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited February 2010
    jill....man, I'm usually pretty good when I run my car numbers. I really screwed that one up, though :surprise: .

Thanks for catching that.

If it were me (and what I'm looking for), I'd go with something like this offer.....

No trade, no financing.

TL SH AWD w/tech

$38,500 (includes doc fee)
    license/title fee=approx $50 (plug in your own state and local license/titile fees)
    my local tax rate is 6.25%=$2,406 (plug in your own tax rate)

Final check made out for $40,956. I'd present them with that check. They can either accept it, in which case I'd drive off in a new car. Or, they can reject it and I'll take that check somewhere else.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    jill.....$34,500 is what I meant for a TL base w/tech.

Using the same calculations......no trade, no financing.....

Offer $34,500 (includes doc fee)
    My license/title fee=approx $50
    My tax rate of 6.25%=$2,156

Total check written=$36,706.
    Thanks stglide... Checked the Edmunds price and it's right at what you are saying with destination included. I'm not going to pay more than that, even if I have to drive a state over. Will post how it all goes down, good or bad :P.
    thanks graphicguy... I will walk away if I get the run-around too.
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2010
    Graphicguy,
    No, There was no trade in involved. I did not even negotiate with the guy at all. All I told him I was from another state not in Virginia. The offer was only on the car included dest charge. Have to add on tax + doc fee. This dealer is in Fall Church VA, RADLEY ACURA. When you contact them, do not tell them you are local. They know you've done your home work and wanna do business with you and give you much lower quote than local buyers.
    I did not make any offer, because I believe that the incentive will be back in March. Maybe getting more than $2000 cash-dealer off.
    I did a lot of research about this car and found that many ppl don't like the look of it including car reviews. Therefore, Acura will come out with much lower incentive soon. But I assumed all of us here do like the look of this new TL, I like the TL-AWD with TECH pkg. I will wait for the right time to get it. I believe dealers still have room to come down $1500 more from $37.5k. Just be patient man.
    edited February 2010
    tu....thanks for the report. I've got a quote from Pohanka in VA. They're a bit higher than my target price. But, they were willing to flat bed the car to me in OH gratis. I looked at Radley. They didn't have the color combo I wanted.

We'll see what happens on Tuesday, when the new incentives come out. I'm thinking they stay the same, maybe get bumped about $500. It may be a bit early for that to happen though based on what Acura did last year ($2,500 incentive didn't hit until the end of the model year, which was in late summer, early fall).

What's Radley's doc fee? I've seen some as high as $800 in some instances, in states that have no limit for doc fess.
  • jrcarguyjrcarguy Member Posts: 4
    I expect to purchase a 2010 TL-AWD over the next month. I currently own a 2001 MDX that I expect to keep. The MDX had the transmission go at around 90,000 and Acura covered the full expense. (I had been complaining about the issue to them since around 70k). Well, at 145k the same shuddering sound is back, so I expect it to get progressively worse over the coming 10k or so miles.

I want to negotiate some type of discount on a future transmission replacement at the same time that I purchase a new TL. Anyone have any thoughts or advice. What should I be asking for (e.g. work performed at cost or 30% off total cost of job, or predetermiend up front cost for the job???)

Thanks;
    Jamie
    jamie....you're keeping the MDX?

I don't know that you have much leverage here. You've got 145K on a vehicle. It's well past warranty expiration. And, they gave you a new tranny gratis, even though you were well out of the warranty period to begin with.

You're getting to the end of any vehicles useful life without some major repair bills coming due at 145K miles.

I guess you can ask for some consideration in purchasing a TL. The worst thing they can say is "no".
    The MDX has been great except for the 1 transmission problem. Need a 3rd car in the family and this one has been good to me. Figured I could get some leverage given that I am buying my 3rd Acura. As you said, can't hurt to ask.
    Anyone heard what the March incentives are?
  • majikufmajikuf Member Posts: 13
    A dealer just e-mailed me and told me that "dealer cash went up on a TL.
    So we can do couple hundred better on the price." Hopefully someone has a tangible number on what that means.
    Thanks majikuf....they might be matching what they had towards the end of MY '09 on TL incentives....$2,500, maybe?
    I just asked another dealer and he said that the TL tech incentive went to $2250. I asked him if he has any other info, we'll see what he says.
    OK, he said the TL Tech incentive was raised to $2250 and the finance incentives were still in place (2.9% for 60 months, etc)

So, maybe I saved myself about half a payment by not purchasing by the end of Feb.. :)
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    The TL incentive went $2,500 last year?-WOW. I bought mine last August and the highest I ever saw the Incentive on a AWD Tech was $2K. Non Tech Car was $1K.
    billy....going from memory here. But, I do recall that's what one of my local dealers told me ($2,500 incentive ) towards the end of last summer on an '09 tech.
    Trust me it was only 2K, I still have the invoice filed away and those who are waiting to see more than 2K on Tech cars-Good Luck.I waited a whole year for the deals to get better and I finally pulled the plug when I saw there was no light at the end of the tunnell.
  • winston18winston18 Member Posts: 10
    The Feb incentive in my area was 2K + 1.9% financing. It looks like the dealers are playing with the interest rate.

IMHO, if you are looking to buy you should do soon. I just bought, and they made a deal way below invoice. In the spring, the dealers wont be as motivated to dig into their own pockets.
  • rlonn1rlonn1 Member Posts: 106
    I just checked Edmunds and it looks like the incentive is for MARCH only, 1.9 APR and $2250 Marketing support.. So it is the same as last month but another $250 that MIGHT go towards your final price... My TL was purchased on February 22nd, TL, SH-AWD, Tech, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Mud Guards, $37825 + TTL. Southern California area.. Also, check my question over at TL Audio! Thanks!! :shades:
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Thank you for that info. You are correct, I just received a letter from Acura finance today and it is 1500 in the form of a check cut to the dealer to lower the sale of the car in addition to the 2250 dealer cash that's available. I also found out that Acura has a program that allows you to rollover lease milage depending on what your current lease contract mileage is and the mileage on the car you are returning. In my case I have a 10K 36mo and returnibg with 19k. I don't know all the details on the mileage rollover program but Acura financial can explain it if you call. Thanks again.
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    The 1500 is only on a lease? And the 2250 is for purchasing?
    The 2250 can used for purchase or lease as can the additional 1500. The 1500 has one restriction according to Acura Finance. It must be used to purchase or lease a TL only.
    This is interesting, so you can get up to 3750 off on the purchase of a TL with the tech package... If I can snag 3750 off and get the 2.9%, I might go down there today....
  • mikesmuranomikesmurano Member Posts: 118
    Hi all. I know that most here are looking for new cars, but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

I just purchased a 2005 TL to replace a disastrous Nissan Murano SE and I have to say I am driving a fabulous machine. :shades:

I usually don't buy new cars because of the miles I have to drive. I looked at a lot of cars before I bought a 6 spd. manual TL in great shape. This car drives like it just came off the lot. It had 100k miles so I had to replace the timing belt but I bought the car for $11k. It always ran on synthetic so the engine is solid.

I really think this next year I may get another one for my wife - this time new. HMC is definitely on top of the game in this market.

Anyway, for those who maybe cannot afford new the market is flush with a lot of good TL's coming off of leases from '05 - '08. There are some great deals here.

Never another Nissan for me!
    When you are saying "TL", that includes includes the tech with awd or
    just the base model?
    The base and AWD TL's have 1750 dealer cash. All tech TL's have 2250. The 1500 from Acura Finance must be used towards the lease or purchase of any model TL if you qualify.
  • djkimdjkim Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I just got an offer from dealer. $36500 OTD, MSRP is $39645 TL w Tech. I am not sure it has other options but they offer this and 1.9% 5 year financing.
    Is this good to go for? I saw $33800+TTL.
    My price is very close to that.
    I am in Houston TX.
    I am considering ES350 too. Any comparison or opinion between two cars?

Thanks.
  • caesarboycaesarboy Member Posts: 4
    When you say OTD, that included TTL, correct?
    What was your price before TTL?
  • cubanasocubanaso Member Posts: 3
    Any opinions on a 2010 TL SH-AWD with Tech, splash guards for 37.7K + tax in northern NJ. Is this a competitive price?
    You are correct. 2010 TL, AWD with Technology and NW package ( trunk tray, wheel locks, all season mats, splash guards)

$38700.00 was my last price quote a couple of weeks ago.

Invoice per the edmunds is $40,159. Should I be going for $1750 plus the dealer cash of $1500? Equals 36,909? (Guess this would not include accessories).

Has anyone bought since last incentives came out? Looking in Pacific Northwest Region.
    OK....now I'm confused. So, there's $2,250 in dealer cash in effect. Are you saying there's another $1,500 incentive on top of that, for a total of $3,750 in incentives?

Or, is the "extra" $1,500 only good if you use Honda/Acura financing?

If so, then a cash buyer "only" gets the $2,250 incentive (if the dealership decides to give it all to the buyer)?
    The 2250 applies to anyone buying or leasing a 2010 TL w/tech (if the dealer wants give you any or all of it). The other 1500 applies to people coming off an Acura Finance lease between specific dates (you really have to check with Acura to see if you qualify, although I just received my letter.). It applies to a purchase or lease of a TL only.
    Any last minute advise before I take the plunge this AM
    Here is the quote I received from Morande Acura in Berlin CT.

Hi Jamie

Thank you you for the E-Mail The two quotes you requested are

TL AWD $34,989.00

TL AWD Tech $37,909.00
    Thanks.....! I'am leaning towards making a final offer for $37.5 + Tax
    The invoice price on the TL's have gone up since your first inquiry and the
    quoted TL has a NW protection package on it (adds $549) - I could take it
    off if that is an issue. The only other incentive is directly from Acura - 1500. Does anyone know if this is a true statement, my first inquiry was February.

$39,558.00 + State Fees was the price quote last one was 38,759

1.9% financing available O.A.C.

The AWD with the HPT factory option runs $1000 more.

If you currently have a TL that you're replacing you also might have an
    incentive directly from Acura of $1500 (You should have received a mailer
    from Acura).
  • jie08jie08 Member Posts: 19
    We are considering buying a Acura TL 2010 car with base package (no Tech). We are in Raleigh NC, and do not mind to go as far as DC to buy the car if price is worth it. Can anybody share their price and the dealer info with us? Thanks.
    Make sure the quote for the awd tech includes destination- when I was shopping around in CT, Morande was one of the more expensive dealers to buy from.
  • a4s2000a4s2000 Member Posts: 9
    Got in-person quote today of $34,695 for new TL Tech with no negotiation at all; good on any Tech model in stock (non-AWD). Realize now I don't know if this includes destination or not; does not include TTL. Will hammer out those details tomorrow. Wil also try to leverage the $1000 coupon I got in the mail from them (Bridgewater Acura). Will post details after I do the deal.
  • jimmydacurajimmydacura Member Posts: 4
    As an Acura dealer in the new york market i can tell you a bottom of the barrel number for a 2010 acura TL FWD with tech package would be $34200.00 +TTL aND THAT INCLUDES DESTINATION or atleast thats what i can sell the car for if i needed to to make a deal where i am in long island ny
  • laker7laker7 Member Posts: 4
    What did Goodson Acura give you? In the market for a base TL FWD in a few months.