Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kevdkevd Member Posts: 19
    What dealership did you get this deal at? Thanks
  • hoyahenryhoyahenry Member Posts: 399
    Looks good.

The interest rate on your loan is 4.29%, which is a bit high, but that depends upon your credit score. Still, I think you should see if you can get it into the 3.x range. A 2.9% which is intermittently available from Honda Finance any given weekend apparently, will reduce your payment to $578/mo (almost a $300/year savings). That will buy some gas.
  • jrogers345jrogers345 Member Posts: 8
    IT'S BEEN 3 WKS SINCE DEALER BEEN TRYING TO FIND CAR I WANT - TL 6-SPD MANUAL WITH NAVI IN BLACK/EBONY. CAN'T FIND IT IN THIS AREA (NORTHEAST - MIDATLANTIC).

WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY HE CAN'T ORDER IT FROM THE PLANT??? HE'S KINDA VAGUE IN HIS EXPLANATION. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS? AM I GETTING A RUNAROUND? HE DID TRY TO GET ME TO TAKE A CAR HE HAS ON THE LOT THAT HAS GRAY INTERIOR. ALSO GOT WHAT I THINK IS A GOOD PRICE - $33,000. (OTHER DEALERS IN AREA COULDN'T DO BETTER OR EVEN MATCH THIS) IS THIS ALSO AFFECTING HIM GETTING MY CAR?

ALSO, ANYBODY GOT INPUT ON ACURA DEALERS IN NJ??

THANKS,
    Can anyone tell me when they'll stop manufacturing 2004 TL's?

thanks,
  • vdobvdob Member Posts: 6
    I just purchased a TL auto w/ navi and protection package for $32,195. The deal took a total of maybe 45 minutes. I pick it up in two weeks!
    Wow! Great deal, where are you located, dealer? Have fun!
  • rich48rich48 Member Posts: 21
    I currently drive a 00 TL with 60000 miles. I love the new TL but my car looks and runs like new. I haven't had the 60000 mile service yet and am trying to decide whether it pays to keep my car or trade for the new TL. Any thoughts??
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    The "cost" side of the equation is relatively easy. According to figures in Edmunds, you can expect about $13.5k in trade in for your 2000 and, including taxes and tags, you'd be looking at something over $20k to trade up. Only you can decide what the "benefit" side of that equation is.

For what it's worth, I looked into trading my 1995 Maxima at about the same time in its life and concluded it wasn't worth it. Thank goodness, too, for the later models haven't been as bulletproof as mine, which now has 150k miles. On the other hand, the 2004 TL is much more of an upgrade to the 2000 TL than the 2000 Maxima was to the 1995.

Trading every 4 years and 60k miles can be an expensive proposition. If I were you, I'd at least cool my jets and wait until the 2005 model comes out. That way you'll at least be trading up 5 years, rather than 4 and your "cost" won't seem quite as bad divided by 5 vs. 4 years.

P.S. As relatively good as Acura is on resale, consider this. My marketing director is trading her 1999 E300 Turbodiesel w/80k miles for a new 2005 E320 CDI due to arrive in about 6 weeks. She paid $44k for the E300 in late 1998. She's getting $25k on trade in on an estimated price of $50k. That's "only" a $25k +TTL "cost" over 6 model years and 80k miles. I think driving an Acura for 10 years and 150k miles would prove quite a bit less expensive than a Mercedes. But for 4-5 years and 60-75k miles, perhaps not.
  • stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    I am ready to purchase a new black '04 TL with Navigation in Orlando, FL. Looks like the MSRP (incl destination charge) is $35,195 before any discounts. I've scanned quite a few of the postings on here and the prices paid have varied widely, so does anybody have specific pricing information to share for this particular situation: I am looking to purchase (not lease) and finance for 60 months. My FICO score is probably around 650-670. Thanks in advance!
  • danny1878danny1878 Member Posts: 339
    You need to improve a little bit for your FICO score. Wait until it reaches 700 or more. You can do that by paying off all your debt or at least 90% of it if you have any. If less than 700 IMO you'll get more than 7% interest. Down payment and auto loan history also matter especially with AHFS.

Good luck.
    I read a post here that someone had to order the car they want and are waiting two months. Is this the norm?? Does the dealer actually order the car from the manufacturer?? When I ask my dealer about ordering my car since he can't find what I want from other dealer locations after 3 weeks, he is vague in his answer??
  • mikeykmikeyk Member Posts: 7
    I was just wondering if $32,820 is a good price for a 2004 TL with Nav.

Also, opinions on whether to get a manual or automatic? Do you get that much more out of the manual?
  • kahunahkahunah Member Posts: 448
    I prefer the manual but it's a subjective thing. I suggest you browse the Acura TL 6spd vs. Auto board.
    I agree that manual vs. auto is a subjective decision, but unless there is a strong reason why you have to go automatic, I'd strongly recommend giving the 6-speed a drive. I wouldn't be considering the TL if it didn't come with a 6-speed. I'd either go down to a Maxima, over to a G35, or up to a 530i/545i. But the new TL 6-speed is a very attractive option.

My wife and I have only owned manual transmissions. I suspect our next SUV will likely be an automatic, since the X5 3.0 doesn't meet our needs and everything else is auto only. But given the choice, we'd even get a 6 speed MDX. Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Last time I rented a car, I nearly put us through the windshield when I hit the brakes in a futile attempt to downshift.

With regards to the TL, the 6-speed takes out any worries regarding the previous automatic transmission problems, gives better gas mileage, and is a very crisp shifter. If you can, I would.
    I appreciate the help. Thanks for the tips. I cant wait for my new TL! Manual of course!
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    I don't think a dealer can just pick up the phone and order a car from the factory the way you envisioned. I think the year's allocation is set and the only thing a dealer can do is to locate the car you want with another dealer and do a dealer-trade.
  • guptag724guptag724 Member Posts: 8
    Congrats on your incredible deal! could you share with us where you are located, the color and the dealer, if you don't mind please.
    I found the price through a dealer in autobytel i think, it may have been edmunds, i cant be sure because i signed up through both at around the same time. Location Jersey - multiple dealers have accepted this price and i am trying to figure out which is really giving me that price and whihc has hidden fee's. I will keep you posted once I purchase.

I have had other dealerships yell at me to get out and never come back for this price but hey, no harm in asking. They are still making 1300 according to edmunds invoice.
    That's the price I'm looking for, that's a good deal. What color combo did you decide on? Sounds like the price Turnersville has been advertising, is that the dealer? Also, what other dealers are honoring that price? I'd like to know, I'm willing to drive from RI for the savings. Thanks, enjoy!
  • wer5421wer5421 Member Posts: 2
    $30500 +$245 Processing fee +$64.26 Misc fees= $30809.26 B4 tax & Lic. At Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA. See Robert Luu internet manager, did deal over the phone, went pretty smooth. They have many non/nav AT's in stock. hope this helps you shoppers
  • ferrarif1ferrarif1 Member Posts: 1
    Wow...33g's is a great price. I bought my TL (6-speed w/navi and protection package) last weekend at Precision Acura for 33,700. Oh well...The dealer had to locate a car for me as well. The ONLY car that was available from Jersey to the Carolina's was a white with parchment that was due to be shipped to MD. I wasn't going to wait so I took it (my only restrition on color was no black or camel interior.) Luckily, it wasn't built yet so they were able to get it shipped from the factory to Princeton. It is supposed to be here in a couple of days.

Good Luck
  • kcc455kcc455 Member Posts: 33
    What kind of prices are people getting in the Midwest for 6-speeds without Nav? Price, Dealership Name, State and Town would be appreciated.
    Thank You.
  • joshjosh Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking for a TL with navi for the past several months in the Atlanta area- only to get the run around from several local dealers who couldn't get cars and didn't want to negiotiate very much off from MSRP. Finally, I contacted Sutton Acura in Macon- here I found things to be very different. They were actually pleasant, quoted me a good price off the bat, and were actually willing to get a car flat bedded to me from about 1000 miles away. I just picked up my redondo red TL with Navi and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S today. total price included tax and everything was 37,000. I saved about a grand and got better tires thrown in.
    They offered to drive the car to me, for no charge, but I figured it was better to check it out at the dealership in case there were any problems- there were none.
  • jabejabe Member Posts: 1
    For anyone interested in buying in Atlanta, I've been working with 4 Atlanta area dealers for several days. It has become pretty clear they are working together to set prices and will not compete with each other. Price seems to be set at $31,500 for non-navi including destination. Ended up buying in Jacksonville for $30,600 including destination + $69 one-way on Delta. Looking forward to the drive back next week!
  • electronselectrons Member Posts: 16
    Pricing for the non-Navi car, is currently being discount around 1200, and if you push the dealer, i'm sure you can get 1500 inclusive of destination charges.

Pricing for the NAVI car is, "good luck" they aren't discounting much, around $300 and perhaps 500 if pushed. I'd wait another 6 months if that is your choice.

Almost all Acura dealers are giving these prices, except the extreme ones who are tough as nails.
  • ldnsocalildnsocali Member Posts: 7
    Where in So Cali can I get 1400 off? I'm here in S.D. and all I can find is 32,695. A broker quoted me 32,000 but when I called her back she told me that she had to shop for it.

Peace
  • electronselectrons Member Posts: 16
    I spoke to So Coast Acura, Costa Mesa, Andrew, fleet mgr.. all Acura dealers are giving 1250 back of MSRP, he and other Acura dealers told me if I come in and are serious about buying, they will make a deal with me. I further told him, if I come in, I'm expecting to get at least 1500 off MSRP for the non-Navi with auto. It would of course be different for 6-sp and Navi cars.
  • mfree09mfree09 Member Posts: 5
    How did you establish initial contact with the Radley dealership?
  • peachypeachy Member Posts: 3
    How much for shipping from Radley to CO?
  • wer5421wer5421 Member Posts: 2
    I was on a trip to VA and did the deal, used A-AAA transport for $750 door to door, there are many transport companies. I still saved over 1k what the dealers would deal in CO.plus Radley had the colors and model I wanted, in CO I would have to put $500 dep. and wait until mid April.and still pay close to MSRP. This worked for me....
  • acura_fanacura_fan Member Posts: 2
    Looks like the effective prices for NAV model is $3000 to $4000 more due to availability/supply etc. and thus many of us are buying the non-NAV models.
    Has anyone looked at a alternative Navigation system from Garmin, Magellan or others. It definitlely wouldn't be as good as the factory equipped system, but maybe a alternative?

Any inputs will be appreciated.
  • 95gt95gt Member Posts: 69
    Yes the alternates will work but having something integrated into the car, voice commands, huge screen, not having to mount or hold something are all things you have to take into account. In many case the standalone units are better than the factory (in terms of coverage/ease of use etc). My suggestion is don't sit/use a car that has one built in. If you do you will not want to have it any other way. Believe me I have already taken that road and it is nothing but trouble. I can't get a new car anymore unless it has one.
  • moeronnmoeronn Member Posts: 34
    I bought an Anthracite/Ebony, 5AT, non-Navi from Downey Acura for $31,454. Total OTD was 34,206. While this may not have been the absolute best deal out there, it was more than a fair deal for SoCal. I contacted them through Edmunds but mentioned Auto Club which seemed to get them to lower their price a bit more. Hope this helps.
  • legend91legend91 Member Posts: 14
    Discounts are out there if you are willing to wait and talk to several dealers. Other best was $800 off and 1 dealer would not budge off of MSRP. I also got a $600 increase in my trade allowance w/the $1200 off MSRP over other dealer. After reading and knowing about the lack of discounts on navi I jumped on it. 3-4 weeks for delivery. Black/Camel 5AT navi. I did have to pay $299 doc fee. Of course it includes protection pkg.

Thanks for all of your posts and help.
  • bob4bob4 Member Posts: 2
    When I started to look for a new Car I hit 3 Main dealers, cause I live at the beach. The first dealership I went to was hall acura of VB. When I walked in i felt a warmth inside. All the sales people were nice as they could be. They offered me coffee and donuts!!! I was approached by this nice young man he is the internet manager. He was so helpful. He told me that he was here to sell me a car but Help me buy a car. When he said that it just hit me. Then we went on a drive and came back and we sat and talked about the car for 30 min. Then i tried to get a price then he told me that we dont lose anybody to a price. So i left and went down the street to priorty. I walked in there and just walked around and no one came out to talk to me. Then i walked up to a salesman and i asked him if i could take a look at a couple of cars. He kinda blew me off then i walked back outside and looked around a little more. I saw this white tl and a black mdx. I walked back inside and talked to the guy in charge and asked him if i could get a salesman to help me. He was like sure. Then when i told them that the two cars i wanted they gave me an ok price but when i told them i would get back to them they started to freak out and try to pressure me into the sale. So i got up and walked out. Then I went back about a week later and talked to the same guy and i laid cash down on the table and somehow the price went up 1000 dollars on each car. So i was like i am not going to do bisuness with them. Then i went to newport news acura and they just straight blew me off and told me that i didn't seem like i could buy 2 cars. So once i heard them say that i went back to va beach acura and the young man was sitting right there and i handed him 73,935 dollars that was given to me by my grandparents that passed away. They did cut me a heck of a deal. There was a nice older man he was the floor manager. He was one of those New Yorkens. But I felt that i received the best treatment and the best deal at Va Beach Acura.

Based on my experience I recommend that everyone go to Va Beach Acura..

They're not only great people But you get Great Service & and great deals.

Call or go in and ask for this young Man he sits in the cornor desk and is head of the internet deparment.

Bob Smith
  • doejohndoejohn Member Posts: 2
    I hope your grandparents gave you millions, Hate to see someone spend their inheritance on cars. Unless of course you inherited mega millions, then 70k+ really isn't that much
  • e11evene11even Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a non-nav 5AT anywhere in Ohio. What are people's Ohio buying experiences? Prices?
  • troybarwicktroybarwick Member Posts: 9
    We've been looking at the TL to replace my wife's totaled 2002 Maxima. The 2004 Maxima is a horrible replacement so we decided on the TL. After Pohanka in Chantilly wouldn't negotiate very well on a black/black NAVI, I started looking elsewhere. Got a black/black NAVI from Radley in Falls Church today for $36K out the door. Radley gives you free oil changes and inspections for life, and 2 years free maintenance. Seems like the best deal out there for a NAVI. I dealt with Canthony and this was the smoothest purchase we have ever made. The car only had 18 miles on it and is absolutely beautiful.
  • 1violinist1violinist Member Posts: 338
    Congratulations! I'm thinking about the exact combo (black/black/Navi)probably 6MT. How much was the price before tax and title? I'm in CA and our taxes are probably higher.
    Congrats as well. I recently test drove a TL 6-speed w/Navi at Radley and agree that it would be the preferred FWD replacement for my Maxima should misfortune strike.

However, although you and others seem to have gotten good deals from Radley, I was not very impressed with their dealership. While I was sitting in the test car, another salesperson backed a TSX into the front end of another TL and did a nice scrape job on the paint. My salesperson jokingly commented that it hapens all the time, given their high volume and small parking lot / storage area. I didn't think it was very funny.

Even my Honda dealership (Sheehy), although inconveniently located, has a ultra clean and efficient drive in service bay and when I take my S2000 in for an oil change, treats it like it's a Ferrari 360. And it cost less than the TL and roughly $8k less than an MDX.

Radley just doesn't seem to be a "premium" dealership - reminded me of a downscale, high volume operation. Perhaps I am being too harsh on only one visit.

Your thoughts / comments?
  • msf2msf2 Member Posts: 88
    I can't comment on your dealership because I'm up here near Lake Ontario. However, in purchasing my new TL my dealership made me realize how important it is to "feel" important. Since I drove off the lot two weeks ago I've had a signed thank-you note from the owner of the dealership, a tin of cookies sent to the house (a six pack would have been better), a phone call from the dealership to follow-up on the sale, and a call from American Honda to see how the dealership treated me during the purchase and how they're trating me now. The dealership has an internet cafe set-up in the waiting area and you can eat and drink yourself into a heart attack (free pastries, ice cream, fancy foo-foo coffee drinks) while waiting for your car to be serviced.
    It's a nice touch-something I wasn't used to. So, I think there's a balance to the price you're willing to pay and the service you get. It all depends on what it's worth to you.
    And the car......is worth every penny.
  • troybarwicktroybarwick Member Posts: 9
    1violinist: The price afer freight, but before tax, tags, etc was $34685.

habitat1: I can see your points, but... the salesman was really on top of things. The dealership is not in the best location and is crowded but they did offer free pizza and drinks. They also have internet access while you are waiting for your car in service.
    I feel it's better than our previous dealership Pohanka Nissan and better than my current Toyota dealership, Ourisman Fairfax. We were in the process of the buy and my salesman found a scratch on the hood of the black/black NAVI and quickly got the deal switched to another one they had which still had the white protective sheet on the hood. Give them another chance, this was our best buying experience ever. It's nothing like Radley Chevrolet that I dealt with a few years back.
  • burryburry Member Posts: 37
    I just puchased my factory order TL 6-speed Navi for $32,880 from Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls, N.Y. I believe this price is approx. $2300 under MSRP and I have nothing but praise for the dealership. They were very pleasant to deal with and did not pressure me. They also have a rather large inventory of just about every color navi/non-navi 6-speed/auto combination. I factory ordered out of personal preference. If anyone is interested I strongly suggest contacting Craig. Great person to deal with.
  • 1violinist1violinist Member Posts: 338
    Wow! That's the lowest price I've heard so far for 6TM/Navi -- fantastic deal! Congratulations! What color combo did you get?
    That seems to be a good price. I've got a price of $33,000 w/navi 6-speed black/black. Only problem is that I've been waiting over 3 wks now. Dealing with Open Road Acura in East Brunswick. Salesman has been changing dates when he would locate and have one available for me. Last week said he found one from another dealer in NJ,deal is secured, car is in transit with delivery date of April 5..... but.. tells me he doesn't have VIN# yet, which I find very hard to believe. Suppose to have VIN by the end of this week.

Mikeyk - when are you suppose to get your car? What color? Can I ask which dealer???
    Also, can anybody here tell me of they're experiences with Open Road Acura??? good/bad

Thanks,
    Janice
    Burry,

Great Deal. How long did you have to wait for the factory order? What color did you get?
  • bsavoybsavoy Member Posts: 4
    jrogers345

When I ordered my car the dealer gave me an order number that included the hold on the car and the confirmation (part of all of their dealer systems). Even if he can't give you the VIN yet he should be able to give you that, good luck!
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    Yes, I have always felt their dealership is a tad on the "low rent side" and their service dept is TERRIBLE. Seriously, do NOT go there.

Whereas Karen Radley (yep, same auto group) in Woodbridge is the exact opposite. Go figure.
  • dshahsdshahs Member Posts: 35
    hi,
    am shopping for a black/black/navi/AT, am getting a quote for 35,000 that includes the front/rear/side underbody covers and a choice of a rear spoiler and it also includes a protection kit(rubber mats, trunk tray, side moldings and wheel locks) so pretty much stocked. Would like to have input on the price. Test drove Lexus ES330, I35, BMW 330 and the TL beats all. any inputs will be great.
    Got a call that he has the car I want TL with navi and 6 speed manual. It's the owner's car with just less than 3000 miles on it.

What would be a good price to get this car. I've been quoted $33,000 for a new car.

Thanks,