Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sharpaxesharpaxe Member Posts: 9
    It was Radley Acura, in Falls Church, VA.
    I actually didn't remember exact the price before tax and everything because I negotiated with the saleman based on the OTD price.

The price of the car is $31,900.

I hope this would help you guys. However, you guys have to act quick because their stocks are running low. This dealership only have a few left. Other dealers tried to make a deal with me but at the end they told me that they didn't have the car with color I want...
  • addio06addio06 Member Posts: 1
    This forum has been very helpful.

I purchased a beautiful base TL at Champion Acura in Houston for $30273+TTL no trade-in. This includes tint and wheel locks. No other options.

Mac Churchill Acura in Fort Worth that tried to get me to go to Fort Worth for $200 less than this amount.

I love my car.
  • jskimjskim Member Posts: 8
    Hey Jazzgear .... Great job on the purchase of your new 2010 TL SH Tech. I'm trying to get the same deal here, but was wondering if you can help me. I know I don't know you from Adam but thought I ask. Not sure how we can contact each other without exchanging emails. It seems thats not suggested here. Let me either way.
  • kazoo99kazoo99 Member Posts: 1
    I have just started working with the same dealership - Arlington. The early numbers they gave me were much worse.

Can you tell me who quoted your deal? Did you end up getting this deal?
  • hx699hx699 Member Posts: 20
    Jazzgear: what was your AMEX price quote for the 2010 TL Auto SH-AWD+Tech? (compared to the $35500 you ended up at)

Does the AMEX quote break out TTL, doc fees etc and guarantee no "surprise" fees?

Maybe I'll have to get an AMEX card ;o)
  • chawlamchawlam Member Posts: 1
    Guys, I bought my new 2010 TL SH AWD TECH for $35500 + TAX Reg and some docs fees ($75), two weeks back. It was the best and most pleasant car buying experience. The Dealer was DCH Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls, NY The deal was done over the phone. I went there on Saturday, signed and drove off, very smooth. I drove close to 100 miles to make this deal -- well worth as it was the best deal. This price above is without any trade. Btw, I did get the best trade in value of my old car too. They are very professional and helpful. I will recommend anyone buying Acura to call these guys to see if you can save some $$$.
    Thanks to everyone on this forum for all your comments and help.
  • rmfafsrmfafs Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2010 TL Base with Tech at McGrath Acura of Wesmont, IL for $31,700 + $860 Dest = $32,560. Deal was completed via internet & phone.
  • lji1lji1 Member Posts: 37
    Just bought my 6 spd SH-AWD TL for $36,300 before taxes
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Congrats and best of luck to you with your 6-Speed stick TL SH AWD! What color combo did you get? Did you test out anything else? What did you drive before purchasing this magnificent machine?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I ended up getting the Palladium Metallic with Ebony. Was driving an IS 250 before and test drove the Infinity G37, G25, Lexus GS350, ES350, Acura TL base and SH-AWD (auto & manual) and Audi A4 before purchasing the TL SH-AWD 6MT.
    Cool - maybe you can post some of your driving impressions in Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• h8radarh8radar Member Posts: 9
    After searching the 6 closest states (without success) for a reamining 2010 SH-AWD w/ Tech in Black/Umber, I decided to lay out a few extra bucks for a 2011 in my color preference. Paid $38,103 plus tax, tags & dealer's $95 proc fee. Sticker was $43,445.

Could have saved another $2500 or so by choosing another color combination ... but I was set on black w/ umber interior for my TL SH-AWD w/ Tech. In the end, it was worth it to me.
  • ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    That's all it should come down to h8. Hopefully you will be keeping the car for a long time and the difference will be negligible. I went the opposite with my new 2010 Xterra, no change in the truck for 2011, and 2250 rebate. ;)
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    Finally found a white/taupe combo out of state. Having it shipped in next week. This thing is loaded, including the white chrome package. Sticker was $44,195, paying $38,300.
  • abokhariabokhari Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2010
    Bought 2010 TL SH AWD Base for $31544+$860 dest.+tax, title, and $95 doc fee at 0.9% APR for 60 months. MSRP was $38655+$860.
    For the first time in my life I bought extended warranty (7yr/100000m) because I drive 14-15K miles a year and am planning on keeping the car for about 5 years. I paid additional $1650 for the warranty. I was thinking that who would want to buy this car from me with expired factory warranty, 70K miles, and so much electronic stuff.

Any comments on the price?

Also I would highly appreciate any comments on the price of the extended warranty, and recommendations whether or not to keep it. I have 60 days to cancel.
    I would suggest you cancel the warranty as $1650 is too much. If you contact Bob Leab @ Hyannis Honda, he'll sell you the same warranty for around $1000 or Juliana @ Bernandi Acura for $1045. Good luck!
  • alparkrangeralparkranger Member Posts: 1
    A 2010 SH-AWD w/ Tech for $36,000 even. Don't know if this helps anyone.
    save yourself the $1650 - you bought an Acura.

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Yeah, put the $1650 in a CD or something and in 5 yrs when you're ready to sell.....price your car similar to equivalent TLs and offer a $1500 rebate to the buyer. You should be able to sell it lickety split. If something does go wrong in the last half of year 4 or in year 5, you can take the money you would have spent on the warranty and pay for it. IMO about a 95% chance you'll come out way ahead.
  • ihdihdihdihd Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    Just picked up a 2010 TL with tech and SHAWD for 36k plus state tax and DMV fee. Doc fee was included. They tried to milk the trade and I probably lost 1k on it, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of multiple Acura dealers or a private sale

Thanks to all that posted prices. It helped a lot when the dealer laughed at my price offer.
  • newhair08newhair08 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership in MA? This could be very helpful, especially this weekend.
  • brianphxbrianphx Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Great early thanksgiving day sales in Phoenix. Certified preowned white awd+tech, 2009, 12k miles in Tempe for 35k (4k less than it was listed on Acura website). I passed on it because my wife doesn't need the extra power... Only a few preowned still in stock but 3- 4k off the pre-owned web prices across the board.

What I wanted was a preowned, low mileage+tech. Tempe didn't have one, but I found one at Bell Acura. Website listed at ~34k with 18" wheels+tech 2010 w/15k miles. I traded in a 2000TL with 130k miles and was out the door at 32k(including 9% sales tax). I think it was a smoking deal and I'm really happy. Picking it up Friday.

Grigio Metallic exterior
    Taupe interior
    Nitrogen fill tires
    Door edge guards installed
    Wheel locks installed

fyi, Tempe did offer me the new base model w/tech for 36.5k out the door with my trade in... so I saved 4.5k, gained 18"wheels for 15k miles on the vehicle
  • jph57jph57 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new 2010 PMM TL SH-AWD w/Tech Auto last night from Pohanka in Chantilly. $35,200, including freight charge, I also had the $399 processing fee - which I hear is impossible to get rid of. I financed through Honda Fianance with the .9% - cheap money, can't beat it.

Very smooth transaction with Pohanka - I highly recommend them.

So far, in the 24 miles on the odometer it seems to be a great car. Looking forward to driving it more and learning how to use all the gadgets.
  • asianboyasianboy Member Posts: 4
    hello all,

i got an offer for a 2010 acura TL AWD with tech for 35000K . The dealership is located in another state without sales tax, oregon. I live in seattle. I want to know what sort of steps i can take, i.e. docs from dealership, voicemail confirmation, etc.. to make sure that they won't do a switch a roo (spelling?) on me once i get to the dealership. It is about 400 miles away, and i don't want to go there for nothing. what i have currently is all communications in writing through emails. any thoughts? also , would it be better to buy the car and take back to WA to pay taxes or have the dealership collect the tax from me and they send it to the WA DMV ? thanks for any info.
    You are definitely taking a risk buying a car 400 miles away from where you live. Are there no Acura dealers closer to you? How much more is a comparable 2011?

You will have to pay tax on the car according to the state and county you live in. For example, I live in Southwestern Connecticut. If I were to buy a car in New York or New Jersey, I would still have to pay the 6% sales tax (In my case, NY & NJ have higher tax rates). If it were only that easy, many people would flock to states to buy cars and not pay tax.

• tl2010tl2010 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I just recently purchased a 2010 acura tl grigeo with ebony interior. The asking price was 35,915 but with the 5000 dollar off rebate acura is giving now brought the price to 30,915. You need to also ask for the dealer to manufactor discount also, which is $1,250. You don't need to pay for the destination fee of $860 because they didn't just bring your car to the dealership (each truck brings 6-8 cars.)THe wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards came with my vehicle. I added a spoiler and body side molding. If you are purchasing this vehicle you should be able to pay 31,500 for everything out the door.
  • mathew24rmathew24r Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

First of all congratulations for your new car. Can you tell me where you got your new car from for $31500 OTD. That's really a good price.
    Sure,

I purchased my vehicle in North Carolina. Any of the North Carolina dealerships would match that price with each other. The Fayetteville, Cary, Greensboro, and Chapel Hill dealerships all are located close to each other and they will match/beat anyones price. These dealerships really want to sale a car. The most helpful and friendliest dealership was Fayetteville, NC.
  • mathew24rmathew24r Member Posts: 2
    Ok...grtt...thank you for your help....
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2010
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    Is the $5000 rebate off of MSRP or Invoice ? Is it valid on all SH-AWD's too?
  • acura08whiteacura08white Member Posts: 1
    my lease is up on my 08 base TL (last year before the model change) and Dealer quoted my buyout price at 19,000 for a lease that was 15k/yr. I got about 40k on it with some chips on the fender. I am thinking about buyout option since it seems like a fair deal to me. Do you guys have any opinion on this? It's a white 08 base TL with 40k on it and it seems on autotrader that it's going for 20k plus. Any advice?
    yes it should be, and the $5000 is off the MSRP.
    you need to think of this like you are purchasing a car (used) negotiate the price research how much your car is worth on a couple of different dealerships and always no matter what pay 2000 less than what they are asking
  • kaduukaduu Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a used TL 2010 Tech AWD. I was a non Acura dealer today and he brought it down from 33450 to 32450+TTL while I was willing to offer him 29250 + TTL. This car has 18000k miles on it and one year of factory warranty left. What do you think should be my next best reasonable offer? I am thinking that since the KBB trade in value for this vechicle in good condition is around 28100, my offer was reasonable.

what do you all think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,181
    Is it an '09 or '10?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

sorry typo in my original email. It is a 2009.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    It is a AWD version and they dont come by that easily.
    Anything between 29000 to 31500 is a good price depending on the condition of the car.
    Did You check at Your local Acura dealer?
    Also dont forget to check Auto trader and Cars.com, if You can travel.
    Thankyou.
  • liz10483liz10483 Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering what recent sales are for a 2011 TL FWD w/tech in the midwest - st. louis area in particular. I have looked on truecar.com and edmunds.com for market value, however I am not sure what I should be offering for a white/taupe. One dealer told me they had that combo in the 2011 tl w/ tech, but that it was a demo car and had 2300 miles on it. I told him I would consider it and he gave me an offer of 35,777; which just happens to be the edmunds TMV for a NEW, not demo of this car. I told him I was not willing to pay that for what is essentially a used car, not to mention a demo that has 2300 hard miles on it. This was not an out the door price because he then included the sales tax in the email.

i need to know a price including all fees except TTL, as I know that varies everywhere, for a demo car and a new car. I know the demo is technically new because it has never been titled, but i dont consider that a new car by any means (as least as far as the price im willing to pay). the more i consider the demo, the more unattractive it becomes, but who knows if the price is right.

thanks everyone for your help!
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have checked with most of the dealers in chicago and it looks like 2009 Base + Tech or Base + Tech + AWD are selling really well since they don't seem to last more than a month on the lot even though edmunds.com still has them listed.

Actually Paragon acura in NY seems to have the most reasonable prices for 2009's. Folks from east coast might want to head down there if there are looking for some savings.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    DO not go to paragon- its a nightmare- place is a complete joke- the used car prices are great but be warned. They turn over used cars like no other dealership and as a result cut costs on reconditioning. -- the certified sticker on the window does not mean its certified.. I would use there price and find another dealership.
  • dc10pltdc10plt Member Posts: 9
    Looking at my local dealership and they have 8 2008 TLs with nav going for around $23.900 to $24.900 with 35,000 miles. Is this a reasonable price? KBB values says it is but I figure there has gotta become wiggle room. Would appreciate any advice/info. They also have non nav models for 21,900 with similar miles.
  • fkhanfkhan Member Posts: 6
    I'm in the market for a 2010 TL Tech. I got an offer from a local dealer on a Brand New 2010 TL Tech at the price $32744 otd with the 0.9 apr for 60 months financing. Does anyone if this is a good price or should I keep searching?

I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks
  • skimarshskimarsh Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of purchsing a 2009 certified pre owned TL w nav with 17,500 miles. Not sure if I should purchase the extended warranty. I am leaning against it as of now. Any thoughts/suggestions?
  • rxdoc2rxdoc2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I was quoted a price of $42,945 for a 2011 TL SH-AWD 6-speed manual w/ tech pkg & high performance tire package. When I mentioned the current $2000 cash-to-dealer incentive on this model( thru 2/28/11) ; the salesman claimed he wasn't aware of it. What would be a good price for this particular model? Should I give up on this dealer and try others? I live in TN where there are only 5 dealers in the entire state.
  • vjoshivjoshi Member Posts: 2
    Did you end up buying the 2010 TL Tech? I am also looking for a 2010 TL Tech pretty soon (like in next one week) and am getting prices that are all over the place. One dealer quoted me 33K+860 destination.

Any good dealers in the Chicagoland area?
  • winston18winston18 Member Posts: 10
    That's what I paid at continental in Naperville it's a good price Inc low rate financing
  • hals120hals120 Member Posts: 20
    the salesman is either a fool or isn't being honest. Edmunds is quoting 39.6 out the door for that model. Given that the 2012's were just released, no way should you be paying 42K for a 2011.