Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    edited February 2011
    12's are out, where? website still shows 11's. i would wait until acura gets things right again - please let acura atleast fix the beak- maybe give it more power or maybe more forward gears with the auto..

scratch that.. the 2012 is listed as a future vehicle (acura must have nothing more in the stable??) it does have a 6 speed and it looks like they stuck with the general theme of the bad nose-but its a little more subtle and it looks like they fixed the back end a bit and they added blind spot as an option.
  • golfpronj79golfpronj79 Member Posts: 1
    Was looking for a pre-owned '09 or '10 TL with AWD and Tech but came across two new 2010s at a dealership. Given the mid-march release of the 2012 model, what are the chances I could get a stupid good deal on a new 2010. The number they gave me at this point is ~$36k.

Thoughts?
  • ceregacerega Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I want to know if im getting a good deal, on a 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package Lease. I negotiated it for about 40,000 from 42900. The current offer is 652.52.

with the $ 2040.00 down for 36 months and 15,000 miles a year including the maintanance for the first 2 years.

Thanks for the replies.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    I dont know much about leasing, but this dont look like to be a good deal at all. You can definitely negotiate more on the selling price. To give You an idea, I paid $37500 for my 2010 TL AWD Tech when it came out.
    Good Luck in Your search.
    Thankyou.
  • seattleautoseattleauto Member Posts: 1
    I just looked at a 2011 TL w/ tech package in Seattle WA and they said MSRP $39,895 + $495 for splash guards. I asked the lowest price and he said "about" 36k to purchase. What is the lowest price someone has paid for a 2011 TL w/ tech? This one was charcoal with black interior and standard wheels (not the upgraded).
  • aries5aries5 Member Posts: 2
    I just have bought 2011 Acura TL with Tech. package in Columbus, OH
    The price was $35, 123. It has also included a paint sealant protection Xzillon which was free. Mine was black/black car. Make sure to get a $1,500 Acura incentive for TL. It will bring the price below invoice. Good luck!
  • leithroadleithroad Member Posts: 3
    Hi, looking to buy 2011 TL with Nav or with Nav & AWD.
    What do you think is a good buy price? No money down. Cash.
    Thanks
  • fatcat8fatcat8 Member Posts: 1
    $35,123 is out of door price? thanks
  • aries5aries5 Member Posts: 2
    $35,123 was a purchase price which I have negotiated. The dealer has waived document fees and has added a paint protection free with a 5 year warranty. (I think it is usually cost around $650 -$700).
    It was a lease. They also have bought my previous Acura, which lease was up at the end of November 2011. Here are the final numbers:
    $0 down, $493/month, tax included, 10,000/year, 36 months lease.
    The is Acura TL 2011,Tech, Black/Black.
    The only way to get out of the lease early is to have a dealer to buy your car.
    Unlike us, the dealer does not pay sales tax, so it is much cheaper for them to buy the car ahead of the lease expiration and get a customer into a new car.
  • onlystickshiftonlystickshift Member Posts: 3
    Am going to test drive a 2011 TL SH-AWD 6Spd manual with 19in wheels. The dealership is taking forever to tell me the price. What do you guys think will be a good price? I know the MSRP is probably around $43,000. But figuring that not a whole lot of ppl are crazy about stick shifts as i am, i think that could help my bargaining power. I really love this car. has navigation and all. Helpful tips please. Thanks guys
  • deerdhdeerdh Member Posts: 5
    I have this car, but 2010. I think we got them down to 39,900 base price if I'm remembering right. We are in Seattle. One thing to keep in mind about this car, is that they have a limited # of manual transmissions in stock on the lot, so it's not like they HAVE to move them like they do w/the more standard TL's (which they have waaayyy more of on the lot). When we tried to negotiate down further they were NOT having it.
    That all being said, we LOVE the car.
    Thanks men, I appreciate the tip. How is the drive? Any issues u have had with the car? any thing u didnt like too much about it? The guy just called me and offered 3K discount to 42K. But i dont him I wont negotiate the price over the phone. If it's how it looks online, I will love the car. But I won't be ready to take possession of it till end of march.
    Any forums where i can find out more abt this car? Thanks a lot
  • emerxgtremerxgtr Member Posts: 6
    In NE Florida, I paid 38,850 base price almost a year ago for my 2010 black/black 6MT w/19in wheels. Couldn't get them any lower. Absolutely LOVE the car. Gone almost 13,000 miles and still drives like day 1.

Only problem I had so far was a very annoying sunroof rattle that started about 6 mos into ownership. The dealer ended up fixing it without issue and it hasn't returned so far. Evidently it was associated with a certain VIN range.
    thx a bunch. i appreciate the info. i test drove it last nite. very good leg room. tried 2 rev the engine but doesnt sound like a lot of power. wasn't really a quiet ride. the salesman mentioned it was cuz of the 19" flats. how is ur interior around the dash? this one has the dark silver material wraparound. i dont know if they have the woodgrain one and if i can change that for this car. i still like d 2011 body style, better than what i can see of 2012 model
  • deerdhdeerdh Member Posts: 5
    I feel that mine is a really smooth ride, and definitely has balls. I did notice a very slight rattle, but have forgotten to have it checked at the dlrshp the last couple oil changes (I only sporadically notice it......so maybe it could be the sunroof? but sounds more like a door panel to me). We did have to have the plastic under the navigation screen and above the air vents replaced because it didn't "seat" correctly, which the dlr did w/o issue right after we bought it.

Probably my least fav thing about the interior is the silver (plastic-y) wrap around material on the dash.....I had wood grain trim in my previous car (bmw) and prefer the wood grain....but can't get it on the TL, just the RL if my memory serves me right. Oh well, the seat leather more than makes up for it!

Oh, and in case it matters....I'm actually a woman. And I love my 6 speed!
    My dash has the metal aluminum look trim. I don't think you can get the wood trim with the MT, at least not in 2010, but I don't like that look anyway so not a big deal for me. You would have to ask the dealer.

Don't know what car you have now, but for me the TL has plenty of power.

I drove an AT FWD TL with 18" wheels for a week as a loaner and it is somewhat quiter but not nearly as much fun to drive as the MT AWD. I am sure the noise depends on the tires too. Road noise wise....I don't notice much of a difference between the 2005 Accord I had and my 2010 TL. I do hear the engine much more in the TL compared to the Accord, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. My friend has a Lexus and I considered going that route but it was to "soft" for me. I didn't want to spend $10,000 more for an Audi or BMW and I don't like the interior of the Infiniti. I had to have a MT so that limited my options too.

It all depends on what you are looking for and what you want. For me the 6MT AWD with 19" wheels is the car for me and I plan on keeping it until it dies. I even like the way it looks.

Good luck on your search.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    I dont think the wood grain is available, you can always get the after market stuff-but I would advise not to, it cheapens the car.
    I swapped out my steering wheel and gear shift knob for the wood grain tthat Acura offers.
    "Oh, and in case it matters....I'm actually a woman. And I love my 6 speed"....Ditto.
  • jeffwxmjeffwxm Member Posts: 3
    I was given a quote for 2011 TL SH-AWD w/tech with ~$37000. It was shown invoice price for this car is ~$40000. Is it a good deal? Can I get even better deal?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you recently purchased a car and got a better loan than you expected, please email pr@edmunds.com to talk with a reporter about it. Please respond with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kimaskimas Member Posts: 14
    I don't think this is a good deal. I have quote of $33.5K for a 2011 TL with Teach Package, MSRP of $39K.
  • jeffwxmjeffwxm Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your information.
  • stevewilson1stevewilson1 Member Posts: 21
    CA dealer offered 2011 TL base for $31.5 k. I live in WA and the best I could get there for same vehicle was 33k. I'm a simple person and do not require any of the gizmos but I continue to be frustrated by the discrepancy in pricing for vehicles in both states. Will probably purchase CA vehicle and have them ship up for $500.
    Update: Lynnwood Acura in WA ended up matching $31.5k that CA offered. Very surprised as they were so insistent that 33 was best they could do. I guess that's what could happen if you walk away. I think this is best you can get on west coast. Not sure about other regions of country.
    Where are you located? I'm in WA and this sounds like a good deal to me.
    edited March 2011
    I live in the NorCal. I actually drove it home last night, 2011 TL with Tech Pkg, MSRP of $39,835. The Sales Manager told me not to tell anyone about the deal so I am not posting the actual figures. But it was really a great deal. I got it less than the $33.5K that I posted it earlier, plus ttl.
    With the deal I got, I think the base TLs can go under $30K.
    That's great. NorCal seems to be the place for good deals on cars. Bought my last Lexus for 2k+ under the best deal I could get in WA. It was worth flying down, taking a few days vacation visiting family and friends and having a leisurely drive back to WA.
    The best I could do in WA was a bit over 31k. I was ready to place order for TL but G37 guy came back to me with a decent offer. Now I need to decide on the two vehicles. I enjoy both but G37 seems to get consistently better reviews so I'm undecided.
  • duke39duke39 Member Posts: 6
    Go with the Infiniti G 37.

The most recent Consumer Report rates the G37 as #1 overall in the Entry Level Luxury Sedan category. I believe in this publication. some do not.

I've owned 2 Infinitis and 2 Acuras including a TL. No comparison as far as reliability and handling. For me these are the two most important factors. Appearance is also important and to me the G37 is way better looking. The G37 is also much more fun to drive.
  • qaliqali Member Posts: 60
    Does anyone know the expected launch date for the 2012 TL? My brother's lease on his 2008 TL is coming up in May and he is looking to get the 2011 TL SH-AWD as the prices seem to be well below TMV. However, he could also wait till May if the 2012 is launched at that time.
  • smitty1krrsmitty1krr Member Posts: 19
    According to Edmunds Inside Line the launch date is this Friday. (3-18-11)
  • jpb9jpb9 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought the 2011 Acura TL w/Tech package, wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards for $34k + Tax, Tag, Title. Also took advantage of 0.9% apr for 60 months. Bought in Atlanta, GA. It took a lot of negotiating and a lot of dealers in town wouldn't do it, but I found one that would - so I feel that this was a great deal - hopefully you all agree?
  • leithroadleithroad Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Great price. I am in Balto and looking. When I was getting into the price, I was asked to buy a paint protection polish/wax, a dent protection package and a tire/wheel protection package. This seemd to really raise the price. What did you pay for these? Or did you just say no?
    Thanks
    That's just pure dealer profit, tell the guy in the back room that you can polish and wax the car yourself-tell him in a nice way. Also, I think Acura fixes the 1st ding/dent for free. You can also call Dent Wizard yourself thereafter.
    Chicago dealer offered 2011 TL with Tech package for $33,677. Vegas dealer offered 2011 TL base for $31,200. In both cases everything but TTL. The 2011's seem to be selling fairly quickly with the 2012's coming in. Not sure how long the deals will last.
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    New 2011 Acura TL+tech+18 inch wheels for 34350.00+TTL
  • anagrieselanagriesel Member Posts: 1
    For Seattle/Portland area, Acura of Portland offered me 2011 Acura TL w/TECH and w/Northwest Package (wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards) for $33,500 plus $100 Doc fee and TTL. This is an EXCELLENT deal in the Pacific Northwest where due to the lack of dealerships folks do not negotiate as much. Unfortunately, they did not have the color I wanted so I took a pass. They are down to silver and black. I was very well taken care of by Duane Phillips and I'm just so sorry that we could not finalize the deal. My loss can be somebody else's gain!
  • madan1madan1 Member Posts: 4
    Is any delear offers 2012 TL tech pack same as 2011 ?
  • hunt_acurahunt_acura Member Posts: 10
    Anybody bought new 2012 with Tech - dealer in florida is quoting very close to MSRP. I am planning to buy in next 2-3 days. Any experience buying 2012 would help. Financing deals are going on at 1.9 for new TLs
    Looks like i am the first in forum to buy 2012 TL.
    TL+Tech+Tint+protection costed me $40K OTD price.
    Extremely pleased with Car and dealership in FL and i know so early i couldn't get a better deal on 2012 TL
    Is this the FWD or AWD?
    No way you should be paying 40K for the FWD.
    I have the 2009 AWD TECH and I paid a little above 37K (purchased August 2009).
  • jbhansenjbhansen Member Posts: 20
    Check out Edmund's TMV for the 2012 TL Base w/Tech. $39,923.
    Wow- inflation sure takes it toll.
    Yep,I guess. It's FWD+Tech.
    I inquired to at least 10 different dealers and everybody was asking close to MSRP.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Timing and location is everything. The 2012 has only been on lots about 3 wks. Buying a car in August is at model year end which makes for lots better deals without any real negotiation. Region of the country also affects final price ie. market size, other Acura dealers nearby, other competition etc. You gave an OTD the price. I know dealers in FL are reported to have huge dealer fees compared to a lot of other areas. All in all, you did well. Good luck.
  • entercellentercell Member Posts: 3
    Bought one - tried shopping over the internet. Own an existing Acura hoping to get loyalty cash. One dealer gave me a price of 32700 + TTLD. Didn't realize D was destination charge of 860. This price also assumes you have acura loyalty else you add $1500 to this price. Ed Napleton gave me a price of 33470 + TTLD. Agreed to the deal and bought it but be CAREFUL always ask the internet guys for OTD price else they will be a pain to deal with. I had to pay 158 doc fee + 120 for title +25 for electronic registration + 99 for new registration. They added tax on dealer incentive of 2500 and loyalty cash of 1500. I bought 7 year 100k warranty for 1000. Final price OTD was 35768(+1000 for extended warranty). Not a bad price - lesson learned negotiate OTD over internet(you don't care about fees as you know what the OTD number is). and D is destination charge not Documentation charge.
  • siehsieh Member Posts: 10
    I have received the dealer's quote for (2012 - Acura TL w/Technology Package - 4dr car, 3.5L, V6, FWD, 6-speed Automatic). Selling Price: $37,212/Doc Fee: $55/License Fee: $526.75/Tax(9.75%): $3,260.86. Total Amount Due on Delivery: $41,054.61

Is this the best offer? Is anything else missing from this offer?

I would very appreciate for any opinions.

Thanks,
    Life time Paint protection
    Life time Ding protection
    Life time leather proctection
    And list goes on when they corner you in that back room.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I sometimes wonder if it would be a good strategy to insinuate during negotiations that you may be interested in some of these huge margin add-ons to possibly get a better price on the car and then just flatly refuse any of them during the paperwork stage.

I usually tell ahead of time not to even bother with that crap but I think the next time I may just drop some hints that I may be inerested and see how it goes. Just a thought.