Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stevewilson1stevewilson1 Member Posts: 21
    That's a good price right now. Obviously, as time goes by they will start offering incentives and make pricing more competitive. You are allowed on this forum to list the dealership that provided the quote.
  • sonny41sonny41 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in the market to purchase a base 2012 Acura TL and would like to hear what folks have paid lately? Any info appreciated

Thanks
  • acnelsacnels Member Posts: 1
    I am in the Chicago area and received a quote of $ 40,658.00 for the AWD + Tech. This is w/o the OTD fees. Good, bad, decent?
  • rkaliarkalia Member Posts: 3
    looking to buy a 2011 TL - any recommendations at what range should we be talking total take home- financing or leasing both options. Will be also open to look at the indiana or wisconsin inventory...

We had given an offer of 35 with everything included...is that a good quote?
    which dealer...as we are interested and are in the chicago land area
    the schaumburg guy did not agree and was wondering if anyone else had been able to get it in that range...we are still in the market looking
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    I'm trying to figure out what a good deal is for a Demo TL+FWD+Tech 2011 in Virginia with 5000 miles on it. They also have the Floor Model+AWD+custom modeling+Tech 2011. They keep trying to give me a speech about the Japanese earthquake and how the price of cars is going to rise whenever I ask about the price, like I'm an idiot.
  • pcx1pcx1 Member Posts: 6
    Same here, there's a demo 2010 FWD Tech around here. They're not saying the price yet but is asking $30k + TTL reasonable? or too low?
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    Depending on the mileage, thats sounds about right.
  • einedeined Member Posts: 1
    All,

I currently have a 2010 Acura TSX (i4) with Tech package with 19000 miles on it. Its exactly one year old. My dealership contacted me about a buyback program with 20% over fair market value. I would love some advice on whether the deal seems decent or not.

I bought my car new in 2010 for 28990 (TSX with Tech). It now has 19000 miles on it, and is in good condition.

The dealership is offering me 27030 for my trade in, but pretty close to MSRP on the 2012 Acura TL Base (FWD) I would be buying. I could probably negotiate maybe 750-1000 off the price of the new TL, which would put the price about 35,500 with doc fee. I am in a sales tax free state.

My question is, would I be dumb to trade in my TSX, which I like, for the 2012 TL with the above deal, considering the deal I got on my TSX originally and I would be losing out on the Tech package? This is my commuter car so I don't use the navigation that much. Would I miss the Tech package going from my TSX to TL?

Any advice would be welcomed.
  • booniedano1booniedano1 Member Posts: 1
    I am leasing a 2009 TL FWD Tech and was planning to let the lease expire in early Sept. vs. buying the lease out at the residual of $23,500 plus 6% MI tax, so around $25,000. Now with all the commotion in the used car market and prices jumping, I am thinking twice about this and am wondering if I should step up and buy it, as it only has 25,000 miles on it and will likely have near 28,000 by September. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!
  • kimaskimas Member Posts: 14
    To get $27030 for your trade, to me, is the clincher. That value sounds more like a used car price you'd pay rather than a trade in.

I drive a TL and love it. It is a very different car from the TSX. Before I bought my TL, I sat on the driver's side of a TSX and immdiately decided on a TL. I didn't have to test drive the TSX.

Anyway, the only reason why I would stick with the TSX is the tech package. I guarantee that you'll miss it if you get the base TL.

Just my 2 cents....
    When I bought my 2011 TL in March, I let the finance guy talk about all the add ons he was trying to sell me.

When he's done, I told him that I am only interested in the Gap insurance and even if I am interested, I told him I would only pay for half the price he was quoting me (he quoted $750 for Gap insurance!!!).

He wondered and tried to sell Gap at full price and told me all the good reason why I would take it from them. I held my ground. (I knew he can come down on the price of Gap). He finally called somebody, told him of my situation and he went down on the price. I ended up paying $425 for Gap instead of $375.

I know it still a lot for Gap but I could not risk driving the car home without it.
    Go lower...the 2012s are out. See previous posts about prices paid for 2011s
    In the bay area here, lowest i can find for base 2011 is 31k + TTL, still not convinced this is a good enough deal, any thoughts?
  • scottphillipscottphillip Member Posts: 249
    I am looking at a 2012 TL with navigation, and am only offered $500 off MSRP. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks! :confuse:
    Bay area in Chicago? Hmmmm, in the Bay Area NorCal, you should be able to buy the 2011 base TL for 30K and change plus TTL. Market areas are different so I am not sure in the Chicago area.
    The 2012s just came out. $500 off MSRP should be ok if you are buying next year's model this early.
    This is in NorCal, maybe I haven't pushed enough. Would you mind sharing the dealer name? Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Don't think I can post the dealer's name here. But, I did buy a 2011 TL with Tech back in March from a dealership in the South Bay area. Got a great deal, below $33K from an MSRP of almost $40K.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    It's perfectly all right to post dealer names here. Just don't reference a particular salesperson.
  • rngsswrngssw Member Posts: 4
    Just brought a 12 TL Auto AWD + Tech in Chicago for $41.2K + TTL. Could not get the $40658 price. My trade-in is in line with Edmunds' number.
  • malibu0212malibu0212 Member Posts: 16
    not much changed from 2009 - and I don't know why - at least it should offer some choices on the grill.

I'll see if it gets better in the next gen. I am very happy with everything in 2008 TL.
  • jbhansenjbhansen Member Posts: 20
    Just got a 2012 FWD Advance in Basque Red Pearl with Parchment interior. Add-ons were wheel locks and splash guards. MSRP was $42,395. Got the vehicle for $40,730.
  • canxleicanxlei Member Posts: 1
    Just back from the Seattle dealer, they have 2012 FWD + Tech for MSRP $42,xxx + $1850 market adjustment values. (sounds ridiculous, but they waive for me.). as I leaving the store I got the final offer for $39,500 + tax .. acceptable?
  • stevewilson1stevewilson1 Member Posts: 21
    Duane Phillips, Portland, offered me 2012 FWD + Tech + Northwest Package for $38660 + tax. Not sure if either party is including document fee.
  • mlb2011mlb2011 Member Posts: 2
    Hi- I'm new to this site. I've read a lot of great discussion points here and decided to get some thoughts on my own situation.

There is a local Acura dealership (California) with a 2010 TL w/Tech pkg. Car is new, but with ~600 miles on the odometer. Though the car is technically new it is now obviously 2 model years old, so I'm having trouble gauging fair value.

Thoughts on what a fair price for this car would be out the door?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    I would start at $5000 below invoice for that model year and equip. You should be able to get for at least $4000 under. It was obviously a demo or service loaner.
  • mlb2011mlb2011 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response- so I'm seeing a factory invoice for this make/model to be $37,304 (truecar). So something around $32K + TTL would be a good deal?
    Yes. They are selling used, certified 2010 TLs/tech with 3-5k miles for around $32k ASKING price. I would guess they are going for about $30k. So around $32k is certainly a reasonable price for a demo.

I see some dealers in Chicago area selling certified 2011s with 4-5k miles for around $33-$34k asking price which I bet you could get for $32k.
  • hobo636hobo636 Member Posts: 1
    Paid $34,250 with 0.9% financing over 60 months. I ordered the car from the next delivery because stock was low and I wanted my exterior and interior combination. I turned down and additional $350 discount to take a white 2012 model off the lot.
  • ffactoryxxffactoryxx Member Posts: 7
    Ok so I have a 2005 Acura TL w/ Navi with about $5500 left to pay on it from my purchase. Payments are about $450/mo.

I want to trade it in and get either a 2009/10 TL Tech for Purchase or 2012 w/ Tech for Lease.

I am a bit confused on which way to go. I assume I can get around $10K for my car. Few Questions and yes I read this thread.

1. I still dont understand the Money Factor thing. Can someone explain.

2. Is there a way they could low ball me on the trade in value?

3. Is there anyway to get a 2012 w/ tech lease for around $400 to $450/mo. How much should I look to put down? Also what would be the best way to work with the dealer to get it down this low.

Any suggestions would help.
  • acuraalexacuraalex Member Posts: 1
    A deal can def be worked out. If in the NY area and need additional details, please feel free to contact.
  • austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    Can some1 comment on the real world MPG for the 2012 AWD TL?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dougsilverdougsilver Member Posts: 62
    I am back to this forum again (after a number of years) since swmbo is hankering to replace her 2000 TL. I had used this and other forums the first time around back in 1999 to research before buying our first TL. At the time these were clearly the best bang-for-the-buck for someone considering a Lexus ES. However, pricing was largely non-negotiable as they were the hot ticket and already competitively priced (compared with the ES).

Since our TL has been such a great car, I feel compelled to consider another TL. The other car that grabs our interest is a Hyundai Genesis as that seems today what the TL was back in 2000 (a very competitively priced alternative to the reigning higher end sedans).

With respect to the TL, we first need to get past the semi-bizarre styling that Acura has chosen (definitely for the worse, in my opinion, compared with the early styling). More importantly, I wonder what has happened with pricing. I am pretty sure the sticker of the TL is higher than the Genesis. But are TL prices pretty negotiable these days, especially in southern Cal?

Thanks,

Doug
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    I went from an 05 TL (which I loved) to an 09 TL (which I didn't love as much)

After 3 years of driving the 09 I have come to appreciate how great a car it is. It got bigger and heavier and took some getting used to. The lease is up and I am considering buying an 2012 TL.

In regards to the Hyundai's - the genesis is a great looking car and people i know that have hyundai's (lower level hyundai's) love them. What I have heard is that after 48-50 months they feel really old as they don't hold up as well.

My 05 TL after 4 years felt and looked great, my 09 after three years looks and feels great. With both cars the only thing I ever did was general maintenance like fluids, brakes and tires.
  • dougsilverdougsilver Member Posts: 62
    Hi Chuck--similarly our 2000 is pretty much as rock solid as when we bought it, which is why we are inclined to give the nod to another one. A couple of weeks ago we finally had a chance to first test drive a 2012 TL followed by a 2012 3.8 Genesis. I was very pleased with the TL as it definitely drives much sportier than our 2000 and almost felt BMW-like. I like the Genesis also but it was larger than the TL and felt like it--more of a luxury feel rather than sporty.

Both cars are nice but very different. We will likely go with the TL.

Doug
  • gotonggotong Member Posts: 1
    Hi All, newbie here in Los Angeles. I just got back from a dealer and has the following offer for a 2012 TL Tech Package, but don't know if it's a good one. Can you please advise?

$518.22, 60 months
    Trade-in: 2007 MDX Sport with 82,000 miles ($21,450, priced at KBB at Good condition, still owes $9,400)
    Nothing out of pocket
  • sanj2011sanj2011 Member Posts: 2
    What is a reasonable price (w/o TTL) for a certified 2010 Acura TL Base (no tech, FWD), less than 12000 miles for NJ?

Also, what sort of additional services usually Acura dealers usually try to sell? I heard about paint protection etc. Are they worth it?

Thanks in advance.
  • boomwoodboomwood Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 TL SH-AWD. Previous car was a 2007 BMW 550i. Same size, thought I would get used to the looks but I hate the style. First 6 months thought I made a mistake. Love the car itself, AWD, handles amazing, no service issue, no squeaks, rattles. Love driving the car - hate looking at the car. The new refined version is much more appealing. I bought the grey so the front end would not have such a contrast. Bluetooth is good, stereo and iPod integratin is very good. Too many buttons - used to the German simplicity. In the end the car has held it value. Same brakes and tires at 35K miles. Hate the 5 speed. Why they put a 5 speed auto in that year was beyond me. Needs a smoother 6 speed. Had I known what was coming, I would have waited for the new one. Overall I am happy with the performance and features of the car. Just wish it had the new understand front and back end.
  • vicmingvicming Member Posts: 3
    Wondering what to expect going into negotiations with dealers. Currently have one dealer offer $37450 for 2012 TL with Tech package, that's about 2800 off MSRP. I'm wondering if i should take that price, or if there still is haggle room.

What do you think?
  • car_leasercar_leaser Member Posts: 1
    2012 Acura TL FWD Base $400 [Including Tax] $650 [Includes 1st month payment + $250 down] due on signing. 36 months 12000 miles. What do you think?
  • sedymixxsedymixx Member Posts: 1
    Was this for brand new?? I'm looking at a 2011 tl tech with 9k miles on it for 35k not including everything else? Should I aim for closer to 30?
  • jblujblu Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like a great deal. I wish my local dealer would get to $400 including tax with that little out of pocket. Best I've gotten is $400 plus tax which comes to $435 or so on 10K miles- and I think I still had $1200 or so out of pocket to get to that. Where is your dealer- maybe I need to try them out.?
  • makata1makata1 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I am planning to buy 2012 TL (FWD, Tech) and I got a quote for $37,780. Looking into old posts, I found that Acura offered $5000/$4000 as incentives last year around the same time. Looks like current incentives are $1250 and our dealer is only passing $500 to me. Is there any chance that Acura would increase the incentives to last year levels in the next couple of months?

I am planning to wait a month or two if that is the case but not sure if that is the good thing to do. Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
  • mikeman31mikeman31 Member Posts: 1
    Giving back to the community. I used info from this forum to help me negotiate my new TL. I paid $39,400 for a TL SH-AWD Tech in western PA.
    Thanks, but.....
    Was that price out the door or the sale price of the car? If out the door, how much before TTL and dealer fee.
    Trade-in? If they lowballed you on a trade it changes the deal.
    Dealer name? For those that are nearby and looking for a similar deal.
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Does anyone know where Truecar gets the information for its Recent Local Sales? They are showing recent 2012 base TL sales in my area at $32,500, $32,899, $33,500. We only have 2 dealers in the whole state, neither of them are offering me anything close to those deals.
  • smartshopper15smartshopper15 Member Posts: 2
    I want to start off by saying that I like this site it gives us great tools! I read a couple great review's about Mdx deals offered by the internet manager at glendale that no other's would match. I just baught my TL from the internet manager at Acura of Glendale in CA too. I can't tell where you are located but he sold me the base tl that you want for 33105+tax lic and fee's. I spoke to center acura, cerritos, and 3 or 4 more dealer's and they could not beat that offer, they were trying to get me in the store to supposibly help me get a better payment than glendale by a program they have. Don't go for that game they are waisting your time! The guy at Acura of glendale was very honest and upfront, other dealers were trying to trick me by giving prices not including destination charge just to be lower that acura but his price was including destination fee. Hope this helped you good luck on your purchase, I am loving my car!