Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• knam2knam2 Member Posts: 7
    Hey your otd price was $35400.
    That s cheapest price i ve seen
  • phoebe001phoebe001 Member Posts: 1
    Good morning,

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Acura TL AWD with the Tech Package this week.
    What is a good price i should pay for this vehicle?
    I have been searching this forum and it seems prices vary 3-5,000!
    Thanks!
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    Look at truecar.com and put in your zip.

The TL now has a $2000 factory-to dealer incentive.

So...try to get the car for at least $2500 BELOW dealer invoice, then add tax/title/license.

If the dealer doesn't agree...then move on to a new dealer. Acura/Honda seem to be desperate to sell the car!

Good luck!
    Try to hit $39000(otd).
  • ma2010ma2010 Member Posts: 5
    Dont pay more. You should be able to get a TL tech for around $33400 including destination charges. All you need to pay is documentation fee and taxes , title and registration. ie around $35500 to$35800 out of door (OTD).
  • corvette001corvette001 Member Posts: 7
    Yes, 33,400 sounds great but if a dealer was to take that offer you would be getting almost all of the Holdback money and in most cases that is unrealistic to think a dealer will give you that unless they are seriously hung with a bunch of a certain car. A more realistic offer on a TL with Tech would be Invoice at $37,737 less dealer incentive of $2000 and less the $1200 flex cash from Honda Finance if you finance through them at .90 or 1.9%. That would leave a bottom line of $34,500 plus tax, lic and any dealer fee that they charge. I don't think you are going to find many dealers who will give you the Holdback. That offer is $5720 off sticker or about 14% off.
  • acura85acura85 Member Posts: 12
    Dealer recommended wheel and tire Hazard warranty for 2012 TL w/ Tech – 17” wheel. 5 years, unlimited milage for $585.
    Could someone comment? Is it necessary for this car?
    Did anyone experience problems with the 17" wheels on the TL?
  • tarhillfamilytarhillfamily Member Posts: 2
    am currently considering a 2012 accura TL FWD Advance pkg. Totally confused on what is fair. Was quoted" otd" price of 41,582.00. I know there has to be better . Can anyone help?? I just want a fair "OTD" price. and anythoughts if I should just do the tech instead and then how much..Currently living in NC
    Dealer will sell you the TL tech for less than $34000 , if you make a serious offer. go to carwoo and dealers will quote there price . Put a price below
    $34000 and dealers will accept your offer...this the price going in
    eastcoast area.
  • tarhillfamilytarhillfamily Member Posts: 2
    would you believe i tried that over the weekend and have yet to get a response.
  • ncbrooksacctncbrooksacct Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen any better deals. It has the navigation package and only 33,000 miles. Is this a good deal. Dealer wants $22,000.
    some time the dealer take time to respond, wait till last week of march, and
    counter with an increased price offer , slowly increase your offer upto $34000. some one should respond to you.good luck.
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    That seems high for a 5 year old car.Purchased a new one for $30,750 ,36 month 0.9 % financing a month ago
  • nttnnttn Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I want to confirm that the $33,400 including destination charge that you mentioned was for 2012 Acura TL SH AWD with Tech ? I'm in VA. Thanks so much.
    No. It is FWD 2012 TL(3.5) with tech.
    Otd is $35500-35800.
  • nttnnttn Member Posts: 2
    Thank you.
  • yankees4lifeyankees4life Member Posts: 1
    Here’s the breakdown:
    Sale price is: $33971.62
    Residual: $22,523.20
    56%
    Money factor: .00114
    With $1689 down
    10k miles a year
    $422 including tax per month

Money down covers tax/tags/fees
    Is this good? Any Thoughts?
  • mespresmespres Member Posts: 6
    Yankees4life - where did you get that price - which dealer.
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Member Posts: 17
    Hey everyone,
    Just signed/picked up a BWP/ebony 2012 TL awd/tech for $38500 OTD. Hope this figure helps you all out with negotiation!
  • zohan2zohan2 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds good Ninja.

What State?
    What Dealership?
    Did you take advantage of the Acura financing?
    What was the Selling price?

Thanks
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    Just picked up my new baby!

2012 TL SH-AWD Tech Auto trans. Black/Umber combo

Purchase price: $36500 + $399 (processing fee- non negotiable at this dealer) + Maryland tax (6%) + title/license. Yes...that price includes destination. The dealership also included 'free' wheel locks..worth about $90

I added $400 for body side moldings and splashguards.
    MSRP was$43770

Financing at 0.9% x 36 mos (3 years) through Acura finance

The $36500 was obtainable by using $1000 flexcash that the dealer got through Acura Finance...didn't matter to me, as long as I got my price. I think the deal was great!

Purchased on 4/4/12 @ Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. All negotiation via email/text. Car was prepped and ready when I got there..took about 2 hours to get everything signed.

Good luck to all. The car is fantastic!
  • sk1182sk1182 Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone,

As the title states, I am currently targetting a 2012 Acura TL base model. The listed MSRP is $35,705 and invoice is $33,527. I just wanted to get a general idea of the purchase price I should shoot for before PF, destination charges, and TTL. I have heard that 2,500~3,000 below the invoice is a good starting point so would I target for somewhere around 31,000 before the usual fees? I would appreciate any feedback and any purchasing experience. Thank you.
    edited April 2012
    Paid $30,750 ($36,490 MSRP) back in Feb ,including all charges except for taxes and registration.36 month 0.9% financing and you might be able to do a little better.Be firm!!,good luck!!
  • sk1182sk1182 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply! Would you say 30,000 before TTL is feasible?
    Try to get close to$30K and pass on all the options they try to sell you.Usually tou can get the best deals towards the end of the month.Tell them you have a buddy who paid $30K and call their bluff!!Good luck.
  • antd21antd21 Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone, need help figuring out whats a fair lease for a 2012 Acura TL with Tech. invoice at 37800. plan to negotiate to the 34000-35000 range. residule value 59% MF .00114.

i plan on rolling taxes into monthly payments and just pay for docs, fees, and first month.

is there a formula that can help me calculate these lease prices?

also have a question, are taxes calculated of the msrp price or are they of the final sale price?

thank you in advance everyone.
  • hrstl1hrstl1 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for a base TL as well, let the dealer know about this deal for 30K and he said if I could provide a buy order number and dealership he would match it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    He said that because he knows that you probably can't get that information...

If he isn't willing to do the deal now.. why would that make a difference?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sstudiosstudio Member Posts: 1
    I just got very good deal for 2012 Acura TL Tech - $33000 + dest fee + taxes, etc. As I know for base deal was $28990. It was in NoVa, dealer - Radley Acura. Got deal through carwoo.

Good luck
    Great thanks! I will try Carwoo as well and see if there are any dealerships in the area or 200 miles out that can match the deal. Right now, it sounds like they want to stick to 32K.
    I paid $30,750 at Curry Acura in Scarsdale NY.Don't have the order #
    Thanks, appreciate it! The best I was able to get around here was 32K for a 2012 Base TL. Would have needed to probably drive to Chicago to get a better deal.

I did end up buying a Pre-owned Certified 2012 for 29,900 with 11K on it, wondering if I should buy the wrap around to 100K on it or not?
    you did good,pass on the extras!!
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Member Posts: 17
    Zohan2,
    It was in MD
    Rosenthal Acura
    I got 0% for 60 mo
    I forget what the selling price was, but OTD was $38,500
    Thanks Sounds good, will do!
  • pierson82pierson82 Member Posts: 2
    Wiseoleman,

Do you happen to know what Curry Acura is offering on a auto TL w/Tech Package? The price you got for a base is the best i've seen so far.
    NO idea,Use the same parameters I got (percentage off MSRP) and see how you do.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Be very wary of dealing with Curry Acura. I wanted to buy my (former) 2010 TSX Tech from them back in August 2009. I lived literally 4 miles up the road from them at the time. I test drove the car & liked it. I went back twice with my wife to test drive the car. I called the salesman who I'd been dealing with on a Thursday and said to him (on a Thursday): "Tell me how much the car is and I'll give you a deposit on my credit card. I'll pick it up either Saturday afternoon or Sunday this weekend."

Salesman: "I'm sorry nyccarguy, my boss doesn't want me to give out prices over the phone."

I ended up buying somewhere else. Try Acura of Westchester (Larchmont). Their service department was fantastic to deal with. I lived in Hartsdale and went out of my way to Larchmont to service the car. I wouldn't give Curry a dime.

That being said, if you go to Curry with an out the door price and they try to "bump you" or say "Let's meet in the middle," then walk out the door.

Good luck & let us know where you buy.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• billyperksiibillyperksii Member Posts: 198
    Or probably Greenwich Acura- they are straight up honest, no finance guy in the back room waiting to sell you a crap of add ons. I bought my former and current Tl there with no haggle however, the service department there is a joke mainly because of the service manager- so many complaints aganst him and he is still around-maybe some form of unknown nepotism.
  • antd21antd21 Member Posts: 3
    hey,
    who did you deal with At curry acura?
    You live in Westchester or ct billy? Where do you service your TL?

Not only is the service dept at Acura of Westchester very good, they are very reasonably priced as far as luxury car dealers in our area go. I even bought snow tires from them. They matched tire rack's price.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I live in CT but I am familiar with Westchester Acura.
    I service mine at Acura of Milford-very reasonable priced too.
    Gotcha, so you live a little further up. I live in Stamford.

I'm going to try and buy cars in NY from now on. $75 doc fee. As opposed to $299 (Greenwich Honda) & $369 (H & L Chevrolet in Wilton).

I see dealers advertise from Norwalk, Milford & points north, are the cars generally cheaper to buy up your way?

You would think so but it is not, the doc fees they charge are absurd-$499. 349 so on and so forth- never saw any below $300. Greenwich was pretty cheap charging only $139.00.
    I dealt with Westchester when I graduated back in 2000. There were several incentives (dealer cash) floating around on the TL. I told the sales guy to factor those numbers in and here was his reply- Don't put your hands in my pocket and I wont put mine in yours- I walked right out.
    Young salesman named Ryan.Poor guy had to make several trips to the back office before deal was consummated.
  • pierson82pierson82 Member Posts: 2
    Got an offer of 35,300 plus taxes license and doc fees. This is the best offer I've received in the NYC area. Thoughts?
  • jorlando195jorlando195 Member Posts: 3
    I need some help. I have recently been searching the car lots for a new (used) car. I'm 18 and i've been driving my parents cars ever since I was 16. Now that I'm out of the house and looking for some wheels my eye has turned to the TL. This is my 1st car I'm buying and I dont have much experience on how to haggle with the dealer. but I do know that only chumps pay sticker price. Its going for 23,990.00 and has 65,743 miles. Is there any way I can get the price lower. Whats the lowest I can go? What are some good topics to talk the dealer down, negatives about the model?? I'd really appreciate some help on this. Thanks guys

Here is a link to the vehicle and its features.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listin- gId=87946684&listingRecNum=132&criteria=sf1Dir%3DASC%26stkTyp%3DU%26rd%3D10%26cr- SrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId%26zc%3D95370%26rn%3D100%26PMmt%3D0-0-0%26stkTypId%3- D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse- %26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national&listType=1
    $24,000 for a 5 year old car with 65,000 miles is crazy.Check online websites for similar models and you'll get an idea as to what to offer.I got a new 2012 TL in FEB for $30,750 so your price makes no sense!!!
  • justinp85justinp85 Member Posts: 14
    Got an offer for the '12 Tech with AWD of 37900+ttl...any thoughts?