Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alank2012alank2012 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    Dealer (Rallye Acura Roslyn, NY) is down to 33,252 for base model including destination and origination fee. He'll throw in Remote starter accessory ($497 list). Good deal? What could I get him too? Thanks Alan.
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    Bought the Base model from Curry Acura (Scarsdale) in Feb for $30,750 plus taxes,36 month 0.9% financing.MSRP was $36,490.That sounds very high.
  • stdupontstdupont Member Posts: 3
    did you get a 2012 TL Base for $30,750? was that including all fees and destination before sales tax?
    That price included everything but the taxes,as I stated.No extras and 36 month 0.9% financing.I did have to pay for registration.
    Does the $30,750 include the $1000 that the bank gives back for the loan? In other words, was the price from the dealer actually $31,750 if you paid cash and no loan?
  • rx2005pickrx2005pick Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2012
    Yesterday I got my new car from Athens , Ga dealer for 35,400.00 drive out price. I live in atlanta area and this is the best deal I got. Other dealers told me that it is impossible to get 35k , but this dealership made it. The entire showroom staff waited for me as I was stuck in the traffic and reached there after 45 min of their closing time. They prepared all the paperwork and I just had to sign it and start the car. They also have free pickup and drop off device within 125 miles, so they come and take u r car and give u a loaner vehicle and your vehicle will be returned the next day to your house. Yes, this is a new TL with tech package ( no mileage, no demo vehicle) 2012 and the 35.4k includes title, tag, documentation fee ,7% tax and 1k Lexus discount.If you live near atlanta area, I strongly recommend trying this dealership.
    THERE WAS A $500 discount in that price given by Acura, but why would anyone pass up 0.9% financing...basically free money.When I caught that $500 I made them take it out before they calculated the sales tax, so I only paid tax on $30,750.
  • cooldude2007cooldude2007 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    1)What is the price of the car not including the 1000$ credit for having Lexus and financing your vehicle through AFS. Don't include the taxes/tag/reg etc. 2)Did the dealer include any optional equipment in the price?
    I'm not clear in this. Are you saying that the final price was $31750 and you got $1,000 from the bank because you financed or what?
    The final price was $30,750 plus tax. The reason I got that price was that Acura was giving the dealer an extra $500 incentive.I never considered a cash deal as the 0.9% financing was too good to pass up.
    Here is the breakdown
    599 - DOC FEE
    2383.82 - 7% TAX
    18.00 TITLE/LIEN FEE
    3.00 DMV FEE
    -1000.00 LEXUS DISCOUNT
    2012 TL WITH TECH PACKAGE ( new one with 9 miles )
    ACURA OF ATHENS ( GA) Near Atlanta area GRAPHITE LUSTER
    NO ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
  • brm1brm1 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    Hi- I live in lehigh valley and am looking for Acura tl sh awd w/ advance package. I lam willing to buy from nj,ny,md,va, etc for a better deal. If anyone has purchased one lately or has advice, I would much appreciate it.. Thanks,
  • cooldude2007cooldude2007 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply. I got it for 33750 here in Cali. The same color with 4 miles on it.
  • wtdswtds Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for all the figures on here, this forum is quite helpful. I'm looking at getting either a '12 Base TL or an '09-'11 with low mileage (30k at most) and, probably, tech package.

The best price I've seen for a base '12 is $30,750. Has anyone done any better than that? I've only requested one quote and it came in almost $2k over that so I want to get a better idea of what my best deal would be.

Overall though, it looks like I could get a low mileage '10 w/ Tech in the $27s with CPO extending the warranty another year.

Thoughts? And thanks again for all the info.
  • mmp151mmp151 Member Posts: 1
    Hey All,

This is my first time posting on this forum board, but I need some advice. We recently lost our 2010 Acura TSX in an accident (other driver's fault). We wanted more rear space, so we're considering the TL. We went to our local Acura dealer (same place we purchased our TSX) and they're willing to sell us the following:

2012 Acura TL w/ Tech
    - $32,993 Out the Door (including Taxes / Tags etc) - Sticker: $40,220
    - Financing - 0% for 60 Months (5 Years)

Good deal? Worth it? Thoughts?
    Is that car new. Tech package? 0% financing? Includes taxes? Sounds too good to be true. Where is this?
  • tom366tom366 Member Posts: 2
    this is a good deal. which dealer did you get it from?
  • wtdswtds Member Posts: 9
    Totally agree. Will travel for this deal. Where is it?
  • tom366tom366 Member Posts: 2
    got an offer of 2012 tl + tech for $34300 + ttl. is this good?
  • bhawkkbhawkk Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking buy one in the next couple of days who was your sales person
    edited May 2012
    I got 2012 TL with tech for 35,459 from Acura in Athens ,Georgia out the door price including everything like title/tax, doc fee
    I got from Acura of Athens in Georgia
    Is it a base model or Tech? (with or without Navigation?)
    Thanks for the reply. But, sounds almost too good to be true. Was it a brand new? or a demo?

If brand new, what was the sticker? and can you please share your secret? :)
  • areyes1010areyes1010 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2012
    Bergen County, NJ

What should I pay for a 2012 TL with Tech Pkg NO AWD?

I was quoted 38,495 for a 2012 TL with Tech and AWD.
    Also was offered $1k discount because we have two Acura's in my household. Is that a good price or can I do better?
    Yes,it was a tech ( with navigation)
    I got for 35.4k out the door with all taxes, dealer fees for a new 2012 TL tech fwd
    What dealer and where is it located? The 0.9% financing ends Thursday and I need to negotiate the price down based on what you are telling me. Would you be kind enough to give me the breakdown?
  • gabby202gabby202 Member Posts: 11
    Looking for a 2012 TL FWD Tech in central NJ area. Went to dealer with info from these chats and they say I'm crazy looking for ~35k out the door with tax, title, fees. Gave me a breakdown of price they paid, and offering ~$35,500 for car, plus $400 gov fees and $392 license fees. and at the end less $1000 for loyalty discount. They siad they'd buy them also for that price that everyone seems to be getting.
    I had posted the breakdown in the previous posts. this is from Athens, GA.
    Here is the breakdown
    599 - DOC FEE
    2383.82 - 7% TAX
    18.00 TITLE/LIEN FEE
    3.00 DMV FEE
    -1000.00 LEXUS DISCOUNT
    2012 TL WITH TECH PACKAGE ( new one with 9 miles )
    ACURA OF ATHENS ( GA) Near Atlanta area GRAPHITE LUSTER
    FREE WHEEL LOCKS, TRUNK MAT.
    The dealers in atlanta also told me the same that it is impossible to get 35k out the door on a tech package of 2012 tl new one. BUT i was able to find another dealers( 2) who gave me this deal and i am now a owner of the TL new 2012 TECH FWD with 35.4 out the door. the other dealers simply trying to scare me saying that no one will give to that price, there may be cheating or may it is a demo car or when you go to showroom they will change the price, or if you get the car for 35k , bring one for me also, that kind of comments i heard from the other dealers. BUT THE REALITY IS, YOU CAN BUY TL 2012 TL TECH FWD OUT THE DOOR FOR 35.4K. NO QUESTIONS. If you want, you can get that from Athens, GA.
  • steve433steve433 Member Posts: 2
    I got an offer a minute ago, acura 2012 TL SH-AWD + tech $37300 +ttl

do I need to work on dealing for it?
    You can take 35K out the door without AWD. so if you add may be another 2k for the AWD, then may be 37k out the door ? the key thing is adding the difference of FWD and AWD to the best FWD deal and see if they can beat that price.
    Is anyone in the nj area actually getting the 2012 acura tl tech fwd for $35k otd? best i can do is $35k for just the car, before ttl and before the $1k loyalty.
  • steve433steve433 Member Posts: 2
    many thanks...

Your opinion and experiece help a lot ..
    edited June 2012
    I just purchased a 2012 TL w/ Tech for $35,495 which did not include a $1,000 Acura Loyalty credited towards the downpayment. This did not include tax, title, doc fees, MV fees. The deal is approximately $2,500 below invoice. Bergen County NJ
    thx for the info. This seems consistent with the quotes I've been receiving, in central nj area. I don't understand how people are paying $35,500 otd with ttl?
    In my experience - in atlanta area, most of the dealers in the main areas/busy areas where they have lot of sales - unwilling to come down on the price. but if you pick a dealer who may be away or less popular or in suburb areas, they are willing to compete with the main folks to attract the customers from main metro areas. I had tried close to 15 dealers within 100 miles area and 2 dealers gave me 35k OTD and i picked one.
  • softpathsoftpath Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    Got quoted 37.5k with a local Atlanta dealer for Advance FWD. Athens says 38.1k with no room to negotiate. This is all via email. The only thing we get out of Advance is the cooled seats (i have been dying for those :) ) and the blind sport info. $2.2k more on MSRP on this is ridiculous in my opinion. All prices OTD with 6% sales tax and $599 doc fee and $1000 Acura loyalty.
    edited June 2012
    I also started my research with the advance.but when I did my test drive and after talking to various folks in dealership in Atlanta, and seeing the 2 to 3k difference in price between Adv and tech package, I decided I do not need the blind spot and other things for that price tag. That is where Acura Athens offered me 35.4k out the door. I think they may not have advance model on the lot to sell you, i know they have tech models in stock. Did you also try sons Acura ?
    If you need the Acura Athens sales person name , please pm and I will send you if you are in Atlanta area
    I do know some dealers give good price on the phone ,but they are unwilling to put that in email as someone can take and go to local dealer or another one and try to do price match. Athens folks gave me the price on the phone and when I was comfortable , I gave my information and asked them to confirm the price via email and they did for me.
    Call me dense, but I do not know how to PM. Can you PM the info? I live in Suwanee.
  • ajmcpa63ajmcpa63 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Want to take a leap and move on from my family car and onto a 2004 TL w/o Navi
    Local dealer has one w/ 69,000 mi on it. It's not certified and no NAVI, but look to be in beautiful shape.

He's asking $15K and I know it's been on his lot for over a year. what should I pay, in your opinions? I am in Long Island, NY

Will still need to put the kids in the back seat - space issues? They are 8 and 12
  • tran_in_latran_in_la Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a 2012 TL base or with tech package soon; therefore, just wondering if anyone purchased a 2012 TL base or with tech package in Southern California lately.

What was the best price you could find?

Thank you in advance!

Tom
  • iminincimininc Member Posts: 14
    Hi Tran,

The best cash price I find so far is $34,733+TTL not including the $1000 incentive. POWER ACURA south Bay gave me this price. If you find it lower somewhere else, let me know...Thanks...
    I am in alpharetta area - here is the first name of the sales person - Joshua in acura of athens in Georgia.
  • tran_in_latran_in_la Member Posts: 5
    Will do-Thanks for the heads-up!
  • mrsdowfiremrsdowfire Member Posts: 6
    Can you please tell us what dealership and the location? I am very close to finalizing and this is the best price I've seen here.

Did you have a trade in?

2nd best was $35400 OTD

Thank you so much, PM me if you'd like.

Kim
    How is everyone getting the 2012 tl with tech for $35k OTD including ttl? Delear invoice is ~$35K alone, they selling for a loss?
    Got my new White TL with TECH for 36k OTD with 5 years of Oil changes and Tire rotations and key loss/programming benefit.

Very happy with the car. LOVE the ELS surround sound.
    what was the price of the car? what dealership?