Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    If this is the Base TL,no awd or electronic package I paid 30,750 in NY on a list of 36,490 back in Feb.36 month 0.9% financing
  • krao1krao1 Member Posts: 6
    Is your price all inclusive out the door ?
  • hrstl1hrstl1 Member Posts: 5
    I was offered 31,750 on a base 2012 TL in St Louis in April. This was the price of the car before 200$ doc fee, tax, title etc.
    I passed on it to buy a 2012 pre-owned certified TL, figured I was getting better than new car warranty on that car for a cheaper price.
  • anandsumitanandsumit Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the late reply (gone for work for a week). My base price was 33,600$ with the accessories I listed earlier and driving out with TTL it came out to be 36,115$ and with ur recommendation it came with 0.9% APR. Thanks again
  • gabby202gabby202 Member Posts: 11
    how funny! picked up my new tl fwd with tech, otd $36,109 with all fees and loyalty bonus. but no accessories except wheel locks.
  • cytwomblycytwombly Member Posts: 5
    I bought a new 2012 Acura TL FWD Base, OTD at $30,850, Zero % financing for 60 months.
  • upouluopuupouluopu Member Posts: 1
    That is amazing deal, may I ask where you get it?
    Back in feb I got the basic 2012 TL for $30,750( MSRP $36,490) ,36 month 0.9% financing at Curry Acura in Scarsdale NY. This late in the model year you should be able to do better.
  • shoresailingshoresailing Member Posts: 29
    Paid $33,000 for 2012 TL Tech after $1000 loyalty rebate but before TTL in south NJ. Dealer included trunk tray, cargo net, wheel locks and splash guards. Also got 0.9% for 60 months.
  • lpnclpnc Member Posts: 9
    Please share the name and location of the DC dealership. Thanks a bunch!
  • balarishabalarisha Member Posts: 7
    Got an offer for 2012 TL FWD with tech for 35,800 OTD here in MI. This equates to a base price of ~ 33,750 (+TTL 6% tax). This does not include any other rebate like loyalty or conquest as I don't qualify for anything. I am hoping for a OTD price of 35k. What do you guys think? How long will 2012 last in dealers lot. Also is 0.9 % for 60 months still there as I can not see it on the website.

Any suggestions? Do I take the offer or try harder?
  • carcassicarcassi Member Posts: 3
    Just brought home my new AWD TL Tech from Radley in VA for $37,750 OTD. It has a gorgeous graphite luster metallic exterior/taupe interior and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to all of you who posted your buying experiences here; they really helped me get a sense of what the going prices are on this model. :)
  • hvt60hvt60 Member Posts: 3
    Could you please tell me what was the selling price before TTL.
  • carcassicarcassi Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if you were asking me that question, hvt60, but if so, the MSRP on my TL AWD Tech was around $43,800. Dest. fee was $895 and I'm not sure what taxes and tags would have cost, except I know it would have been a significant sum. My OTD price included the $1,000 loyalty bonus. Hope that answers your question.
  • talstar1talstar1 Member Posts: 2
    Did your price include the 2,500 rebate?
  • talstar1talstar1 Member Posts: 2
    I was asking you about your deal. There is a 2,500 rebate to dealer from the manufacture , was wanting to know if you got it. There is a total of $4,500 in rebates.
  • balarishabalarisha Member Posts: 7
    Finally drove out with my 2012 TL Tech package here in MI last weekend. The price was $32,800 +TTL...which came out to be 35K even OTD. This did not include conquest or loyality as I did not qualify for any further discounts.

When I started the whole negotiations...all the dealers here just refused to talk to me when I asked them for 35K OTD, but was finally able to get one at that price. Dealer also included wheel locks and splash guard.

I may have been able to negotiate something lower towards the end of the month, but inventory for 2012 was getting thin and I didn't want to miss out on Graphite/Ebony combination.

What do you guys think?

I need all weather mats...so do I get it thru the dealer or is there any other shop/website with sells OEM parts at a discount?
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Member Posts: 198
    I use Bernardi or handa-but I think Bernardi is the better, I ordered a car cover this moring. The dealer wants $297, I got it for $207.
  • dennisclaydennisclay Member Posts: 2
    Can you share the name of your dealer? I am looking for the same car in south/central NJ. Thanks.
  • markgrace12markgrace12 Member Posts: 2
    I cant get the dealer below $35,300. Yet I see some of you are getting one with the tech package for $33,000. Is $35,300 too much and any suggestions on how to get that lower. That is at dealer in Omaha Nebraska and that is financing with the $1000 loyalty rebate. Thanks
  • lpnclpnc Member Posts: 9
    I think you can negotitate further to get a better deal as we approach end of month. There is totally $4500 dealer incentive for the TL FWD with NAV. FYI, about 10 days about, we were offered $29,750 OTD for the TL FWD. from a Virginia dealership.
  • markgrace12markgrace12 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. So the dealer is getting $4500 back plus another $1,000 if I finance and show I own another high end car like a Cadillac or what not? I was hoping to pay around $33,500, which is not to bad of offer then? Thanks again.
  • dtso26dtso26 Member Posts: 2
    I have shopping around the NYC area and can't get any price you guys are mentioning in this forum. The best I got is 33,200 OTD for the Base TL. I understand NY's tax is higher, but I see people get 30-31 OTD. And I've only got the 3k dealer cash back. Does anyone know a place in NY that can give a better price?
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    Did you get the TL Sh-AWD with Tech? How much did you pay OTD? I'm thinking of getting a TL awd w/tech too. Thanks.
  • dbluesdblues Member Posts: 6
    Can you please let me know the VA dealer.
  • foggy23foggy23 Member Posts: 3
    not sure of all the lingo on this board, but will do my best to share what I think is a good purchase. Have a beautiful TL for sale price of 33.7k, total with TTL came to 35.7k. Looked hard at the advance package, but best I could find was 35.5k sale price and the color combo was not my favorite. Hope this was a great deal-- fantastic handling / smooth and tight ride. Sure, I would like to have SHAWD but am sure the FWD will be sufficient. Not many of these on the lots right now, but the dealers are ready to move them out.
  • newtlowner1newtlowner1 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    $36797 + TTL, including cargo net, all weather mats, splash guards.
    OTD $39609.76 (7% tax)

invoice + destination: $41,160
    msrp + destination: $43,880
    Rosenthal Acura, Gaithersburg MD.
    Rosenthal Acura, Gaithersburg MD
  • wds1wds1 Member Posts: 23
    I am floored by the wonderful OTD prices some of you are receiving on the TL. I e-mailed Acura dealerships in my area today (AL) and received two OTD prices for the TL Base (zero extras), thus far. They are $36,956 and $35106. We only have four dealerships in the state. I feel that is practically nothing off a 2012. Am I correct in my thinking? I guess I am going 13 Accord shopping.
  • dtso26dtso26 Member Posts: 2
    you should be able to get below 34 OTD. I am getting range of 33-34 OTD and this is with NYC tax.
  • tlover2012tlover2012 Member Posts: 2
    Just brought home black on white pearl TL with Tech package for $36.5 with 2 oil changes + 2 details + all weather mats. I am from California. Still happy with it :) Thank you guys.
    Nearly midnight! Happy for you on getting a car you really like.
  • sadams21sadams21 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Just put a deposit down on a 2012 Acura TL base. Got the white with parchment interior. They are upgrading the wheels for me to the 19" FCS-9 chrome look alloy wheels. I'm getting the car for $33,500 +TTL and 2.9% financing. The tire and wheel package is around $3,000 according to Acura.com. Thoughts? Am I getting a decent deal?
  • tlover2012tlover2012 Member Posts: 2
    I got mines with Tech package for $36500 out of the door. Sale price is $33181

You dont have nav but u have 19" wheels, i think the wheel is $2360. I think it is a very decent deal. I think from Base to Tech Package is $3700. IMO, u can ask for more. Why not go for NAV or get the Diamond cut wheels. Are you in California?
    Paid $30,750 back in Feb with 36 month 0.9% financing.Considering the 2012 model year is ending soon , you probably could do better.Besides they always overcharge for add-ons.Price those rims elsewhere and see if it's a good deal.
    Thanks for the input. I'm in Maryland, not California. I was debating whether to go with the nav or not. I was actually more worried about the wheels, because I did not like the base model wheels.
    I was seeing the wheels I got and the diamond cut wheels for about 1600 without tires on ebay. So maybe around 2400 after tires were purchased. I think I did ok, but you're probably right though, I could have done a bit better. Thanks for your response.
  • chelflickerchelflicker Member Posts: 2
    Looking at some of these prices reported for the 2012 AWD w/Tech has made me jealous. In the Seattle area, and have been looking/negotiating for a few weeks. Bought the car today for 39455, was 43.7k OTD (9.5% Sales Tax in WA). Every dealer (except the one I bought it from) was in the 44-46k OTD range.
  • zscman122zscman122 Member Posts: 3
    Today, got a dealer in DC area down to 33,700 before TTL. Didn't end up taking it.
  • grkmecgrkmec Member Posts: 12
    Just piced up a 2012 Acura TL AWD TECH. Here is the deal I got:

MSRP = $43, 880
    Price = $34,990 (includes D&H and conquest cash)
    + fees of
    dealer fee = $399
    Lease fee =$595
    Title = $160
    Tags = $25

I did a lease of 3yr / 10k miles so my inceptions were fees mentioned, plus taxes plus first month = $2,700 and 35 payments of $371. Purschased from Pohanka in DC area.
  • zscman122zscman122 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Congrats on your car! That is a great deal.

I was at Pohanka as well, but they were running low on the 2WD TL Techs. Nothing left but ugly whites.

They tried to get me in the SH-AWD, but I wanted the better gas mileage and the payment was about $75 more on a 12K lease. :(

I'll post what I end up settling on.
  • queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    Excellent deal! Do you mind sharing which dealer you got this deal from? Thx
  • james21_hjames21_h Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am in Seattle area as well. I got my 2012 AWD w/tech back in March for $40400 before tax (8.6% in Fife). I cannot get any below than that. I am super jealous of the people can get it for less than $37000. Which dealership did you buy yours from?
  • robpacrobpac Member Posts: 6
    Been following this forum for a few weeks and you were all a huge help! So, to keep sharing, here's what I was able to get last night from a DC area dealer...

2012 Acura TL 2WD - Tech Package
    MSRP = 40,330
    Price = 33,179
    Loyalty discount = (1,000)
    Freight = 895
    Acquisition = 595
    Doc fee = 195
    Total before tax and title = 33,864

I feel like I got a good deal and should be picking up the car tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again to the forum!
  • snehsneh Member Posts: 3
    Are you kidding me? You may have well just grabbed the keys and drove it off the lot. I am extremely jealous. How did you manage to get the price knocked down so much. If I were to walk in and tell the salesman to sell me a 44k MSRP car for 36k OTD, I would probably be ridiculed. Please share your secret. I am looking for a 2013 TL AWD Tech (obviously there would be a higher premium for that since its newer).
  • snehsneh Member Posts: 3
    You did get a good deal. If your price after tax and tags is significantly less then the MSRP, in which your case it is, then you did amazing. Grats on your new car, I hope you're enjoying it.
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    Choosing between this and a 2012 TSX Tech. (Yes, I posted to each thread.)

2012 TL Tech: 34,600 + TTL
    2012 TSX Tech: 31,200 + TTL

Seems like the TL price is "better." Love both cars.
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    Got two offers yesterday on base TLs -- $30,988 and $30,488.

Great price for that car, IMO.

(I'm holding out for a Tech/Advance between $31k and $32k.)
    edited November 2012
    What to jealous? Your driving the car 3/4 year earlier than ... The price you paid was your best price, so just be happy that you got a wonderful car and enjoy it. People buying outgoing year model are losing a year on it. Depreciation of the car is friendlier to you when you bought it than to those buying the same car now.