Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vasugvasug Member Posts: 3
    Hi There, I'm in urgent need of a new car and have been shopping for couple of days. I tried to find any left over 2012 advance but there are only couple and the dealers want almost 40K for it before tt&l. I just received a quote from a Texas dealer for a red 2012 TL with tech, Total out of the door is $38, 087 and they are going to give a $500 gift card. So the final price will be $37587. Is it a good price? Appreciate your response.

$34,330.00
    Window Tint- $298
    Wheel locks and Body Side Moldings $369(you save $35)
    All season mats- $142
    Trunk Tray $121
    Splash Gaurds $227
    Taxes- $2,217.94
    Fees $382.98
    Total $38,087.62
  • mani4mani4 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2013 TL with tech for OTD of 38600 (ttl included)with all season mats, cargo net and cargo mat from a NJ dealer. Just went with my number after all the research and was out of the dealership within 45 min. Went later in the day and picked the car. Let me know what you guys think about the deal.
    Hey I was able to get the 2012 tech for 35800 OTD with all season mats. Negotiate further . Let me ok now if you need further details.
    Sorry , I did not realized you were looking for advance package.
    Thanks for your response. We did bring home a new 2012 TL Red with Parchment interior for $36,000 OTD inclusive of all taxes, fees, window tint, all season mats, trunk tray and wheel locks. This is the best I was able to get. I'm not sure if did OK on the price or not. We actually have to go to Austin from Dallas to get this car, there are very few 2012 tl with techs left in Dallas area and they want almost 2013 prices. Thank you all for your input.
    U did great...I was also looking for 2012 tech but could not find the color, therefore had to go for 2013 model.
  • trkplstrkpls Member Posts: 1
    Vasug--- I'm currently negotiating to buy a new TL and am getting nowhere near your OTD of $36K. I'm at $38500 in total with none of the extras you got, but this is for a 2013, not 2012. Either way you got a great deal. Was your TL new car or used? Certified used? Please enlighten me, how did you get such a deal and all the extras, especially if a new car???
    Hi trkpls, the one we bought is brand new 2012 with tech, it has 70 miles on it before I test drove it. I didn't get any better quotes than what you got on 2013 and that is why we have to search for the dealer with 2012 models. Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can provide any additional details.
  • mizcolonmizcolon Member Posts: 30
    Hi everyone,

Are there are stories with monthly prices out there for 2013 2WD TL Techs???
  • darrin8darrin8 Member Posts: 14
    I have been quoted 37,257(this includes detination fee of $895) from dealership on Acura TL 2WD ADV.
    Addtions are 299 proc fee, 3% sales tax, minus 750 military discount if financed through Acura at .90 5yrs, and 55.00 license.

Makes OTD price of $37,988

I think the dealer is about $1000 over their invoice for this vehicle that I am seeing on PEN FED. I beleive the true invoice for this vehicle is about 36,000
    What does the forum think of this OTD price? any one have a good invoice source for me to use?
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    Curious if you ever found a dealer that hit your target. I am assuming these prices are for 2012.

Are there any incentives out there other than the $750?

There are not a ton of 2012 TL's out there. I see about 20 in my area...Bay Area, CA.
  • abokhariabokhari Member Posts: 26
    edited December 2012
    Great price. Is it with 5% state sales tax (VA) or 6% (MD/DC)? I am planning on giving them an offer before the end of the year on a left-over 2012 TL AWD with Tech package.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    VA only charges 3.17% on cars...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

car_man! Please post the money factor and residual for 2012 TL AWD Tech for 24 & 36 month leases with 15K miles per year. Thanks.
  • enbeuuenbeuu Member Posts: 4
    You did very well, indeed; I've been driving the 2012 TL since April's end and am pleased with all aspects of the automobile; especially the drive-by-wire accelerator; control is so much better than any Acura before, too.
    Only 3500 miles since April 2012 and looking forward to the TLX in 2014; these TL's have an ugly blind spot on both sides and require additional help to detect those spots...like a spotter or camera as in the Honda Accord 2013's side-mirror cams. Will hang a stick-on-mirror as a temp measure until I trade this in for a Honda Accord with all the side-camera protections or the TLX that is built on the Accord EL chassis.
  • exaudiexaudi Member Posts: 4
    which dealer did you get it from? am in the market for one now. AWD with Tech.. Thanks.
  • jeansdngjeansdng Member Posts: 12
    I received an offer from Radley Acura Virginia for Out The Door (tax,tag,freight license and fee are including) price of $38500 for a 2012 TL SH AWD with tech package. I live in MD.
  • dannydevito26dannydevito26 Member Posts: 1
    Have negotiated a 2013 TL @$31K..I am wondering if this is a good deal.
    How soon can we see the 2014 TL since I heard a rumor it might be as quick as April?
    Already a very good price but you can possibly try to get another $500-750 off if you are serious about buying it now. However, 0.9% for 60 months financing offer for 2012 TL expired on Jan 2. I don't know what their regular APR is. If I were you, I would wait for 2013 year-end clearance unless you need a car right now. You can probably get a year-end 2013 at a comparable price (or even less if a redesign is really coming for 2014) and likely at 0.9% for 60 months.
  • bugsnestbugsnest Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    I realize this is an area for *NEW* cars but I thought I would check with the experts here first. I am looking at a 6 month old Acura TL base model without the Tech options or AWD. Car has 4,500 miles on it. Impeccable shape. Being offered due to relocation.

Would 26K be considered a Great deal or just about average?
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    As I paid $30,750 for a new one last Feb.,that seems like a great deal..almost new..dealers want a lot more for that car with low mileage.Love the car!!!y 4th Acura!
    I am in a dilemma now. Buy the base model for 26.5K or a CPO with 6K miles for 31K. The CPO also adds another year and 12K of warranty. Is it worth the extra 5k?
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    sounds like first deal is a better one.never had a problem until after 140,000 miles.Check websites for used Acuras and you'll see how good that deal is
    You are right. The base model looks more tempting now with these prices. Thanks!!!!
  • mrod09mrod09 Member Posts: 2
    I am currently negotiating price with dealer (South FL). Their current offer is $38,979 + tax, tag , title, etc. Any advise as to how much better I could do?
  • mrod09mrod09 Member Posts: 2
    UPDATE: was able to settle at $38,400 - not quite as low as I wanted but still quite happy (1.9% financing helps ease the pain!)
  • 1995e36m31995e36m3 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at a 2013 TL SH-AWD 6 speed manual. The price I have been quoted in $38,545, which seems like a great deal. I need some help though with residuals and the money factor. The car would be bought and titled in PA. My credit is top tier. Looking at a 17K per year lease. Can someone help me calculate the lease payment based on zero down? Thanks.
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    I am looking to buy a 2013 TL with tech, truecar shows purchase price $35,200, with MSRP 40,530.
    It's almost $2500 under invoice. I know this is the last model year. Tech new TLX is just around corner.

Can I do better in SF Bayarea in CA?

Any advice is appreciated.
  • tpthtpth Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    i'm looking for the 2013 TL SH-AWD Tech. The dealer offered 41,800 which includes Splash Guard, Trunk Tray, All Season Floormat and extended warranty 96/100,000. Is this a good deal?
  • darkmagikdarkmagik Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Yeah Acura in Chicago ain’t easiest to deal with: found a good special $1.5k below dealer cost (carsdirect), but McGrath adds “mandatory” nuts/protection to each one of their cars at a crazy $1.4k markup.
    Long story short, got a TL for the cost & without that “protection” – $32.5k, but they jipped us $400 on the trade in (under KBB trade-in value). +$309 for reg, etc fees. we got 1.9% for 60 months (were offered 2.4% for 72).

Now, I must say I’m impressed with Acura, Honda it is not: 280hp, paddle shifters, spacious & “Audi” luxurious feel of real leather.
    But maintenance is not free … Which is strange ’cause VW’s is.
    I think Passat at $25/29k is still the best bang for the buck mid size sedan, but does not feel as luxurious as Acura ($3.5 difference)
  • flounder5flounder5 Member Posts: 3
    Did you get the car? What incentives are included to achieve that number? THX!
  • tpthtpth Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote from another dealer. $38,998 for the 2013 TL SH-AWD Tech.
  • jsc123jsc123 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a TL base today 31,500+ tt, qualified for the Conquest rebate is this a good deal?
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Absolutely so, otherwise you wouldn't have bought it;-)

Sounds like a great deal. Enjoy the car!
  • knr5knr5 Member Posts: 85
    The first car I owned was a hand me down Accord. I did subsequently buy a new Honda Accord (1990), but moved on to 1993 Toyota Camry v6 SE (the only year they offered a manual 6 - speed transmission), and then to the 1998 Nissan Maxima SE. My last two cars have been the Infiniti G35 6MT -- 2003 and 2006. I have loved all my cars and really enjoyed the G35s. When I learned that the new G (2014 Q50) would no longer come with the MT option, I decided to move on reluctantly. Just a few days ago I traded-in my 2006 G35 for a 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD 6 MT. I love my new car though I recognize that it is more of a grand tourer than a sports sedan. The $1500 'Conquest' discount, and the 0.9% interest on 60 month loan made the transition easy!
  • carguy778carguy778 Member Posts: 33
    Was quoted today for this car;
    Msrp 44k
    Invoive 41k
    Internet price 38400k plus taxes n tags
    Good price?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Are you a returning Acura customer?

Are you trading a lux brand on the TL?

If so, year, model, mileage, condition?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • carguy778carguy778 Member Posts: 33
    No. I just emailed him, and he emailed me back with the quotes...
    Assuming 38.4k, it lives in the neighborhood of Costco [ok to good].

Disclaimer is that I don't know what THE price bottom is...

Depending on the dealer, assuming the amount includes freight and all processing fees, you might be able to bring it down another 500 to 800 to get to my known price bottom [for that, do prepare to go in to dealership and come out empty handed a couple times].

Then, you can start negotiate give-away add-on accessories such as wheel locks, touch-up paint, cargo hooks, door trim, edge films...etc

Finally, if applicable, you can bring out the conquest or loyalty to further sweeten the deal.

Do come back and post your results :-)
    There's conquest cash if you own a competing luxury brand (I think Caddy, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, Lexus) or if you're already an Acura customer.
    My sister is looking for another car (she has an uber fast Camaro that's none too practical).

She had always liked my TL. So, she asked me to take her to my old Acura dealer where I used to buy my TLs.

Had fun catching up (and needling) my old sales persion, who was very helpful.

Anyway, she picked out a '13 SH AWD Tech Advance to test drive.

I had forgotten how good these care really are. For grins, the sales person let me get back behind the wheel for a bit.

They are offering really good deals on these cars. And, they are really good cars, regardless of the measuring stick you use.

It's not as fast as my S4. But, it handles nearly as well. It has all the tech goodies. Great sports seats. And, I had also forgot how good the ELS stereo is.

Still amazes me how really good these cars really are for the money they charge.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    So what's the graphicguy one offer, skinny deal price (before tax)?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Nyc....she's all over the map on what to buy. Personally, I think the TL is perfect for her. Plus, it's a personal favorite of mine. But, it's not my money.

If she decideson the TL, I'll "do my thing" and post the deal here.

BTW... congrats on the "new Honda". ;)
    Thanks graphicguy. I actually saw a white 2013 TL Advance tonight and it is sharp looking. As you always say, a fantastic car for the money.

I was trying to explain to my 6 1/2 year old how the lawn mower will pay for itself in 10 mows. That was a fun conversation.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    My Honda mower is 22 years old.. just took it in for the Spring tune-up. Mechanic says it will last 22 more years.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

17 year old Toro rider. Starting to burn as much oil as gas. Hate to put it out to pasture as it's served me well.

Went shopping for another rider today. While more feature rich, Toros of today aren't built nearly as well as my "old" one.
    Yeah, it is strange and also a shame that Honda decided not to come out with 2 cycle, I was "forced" to get lawnboy brand... That lasted me for about 16 years until an accident where the shaft was bent. Ah, how I still like the 2 cycle mowers...
    Thanks for the vote of confidence

flounder.... i miss those old 2 strokes, too.

Not a lot of difference in the low end riding mowers. Guess I'll close my eyes and pick one.

My sister seems to be leaning closer to a TL. MSRP is $46K and change. I know there's $2K of dealer trunk money on the car. Unfortunately, she doesn't drive a competing brand, and doesn't qualify for the $1,500 conquest cash. Still, I'm thinking it can be had for somewhere in the $42K range.

All she has to do is make up her mind.