Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    I don't know about Tampa, but if you have several dealerships to take bids from, you should be able to get much lower. IMO this car is 2 years out, thus not hot enough to command anywhere near MSRP. If you only have 2 dealerships nearby, then they pretty much have a monopoly on your pricing. Consider traveling farther and soliciting bids from neighboring dealerships.

That's not a very good price based on other posts here...
  • rob813rob813 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for your response. I have 3 dealers, possibly a fourth if I extend my area. If I can't get the deal I want, I will be going to the Infiniti dealerships and the G35. Somebody is bound to give me a deal to make me happy.
  • formerbmw5formerbmw5 Member Posts: 2
    Struck a deal on 05 TL, w/ Navigation @ $750 over invoice. Norris Acura in Ellicott City, MD was a great comfortable dealership to deal with. Everyone was professional even a service mgr I talked to about free loaners for life.
  • wsm_devonwsm_devon Member Posts: 4
    What's a good price in the Philadelphia 'burbs for a non-Nav, AT 2005 TL? Before I go visiting West sub's dealers (like Westchester, PA) I wanted to know what others have gotten.
    Congrats! That's the kind of deal that I am hoping for.
  • crazy88crazy88 Member Posts: 12
    Trying to purchase a TL with Nav in the Bay Area. Send out quote requests to 7 dealers, most replied, only 2 actually gave me a quote and they weren't too good. So far, the best deal is 1500 over the invoice. A different dealer quote me with the same price saying that it's not possible to get 500,600 over invoice in the Bay Area. Another dealer told me that the TL has a high demand and they're flying out of the door so it'll be hard to get 500 over invoice. I really don't know if that's the case. Anyway, I'm aiming 700 to 800 over the invoice. Hopefully, I'll that deal.
    Just keep bouncing the offers off the dealers that are "playing". I don't suggest telling them you want "X" amount over invoice, just slowly push it down.

When I was negotiating, I let them do the prices...I just let them know what others had offered and asked if they could do better. Again, when I indicated to them that I had found a dealer and was getting ready to sign, another flurry of incredible offers came in. Remember, you need to let them know you're serious about buying a car on the spot and that you have financing already arranged. Perhaps it'll get better at the end of the month.

Best wishes.
  • hotsoupshotsoups Member Posts: 12
    This past weekend I sold my BMW 323i and the next day I bought an 05 TL without NAV from an Acura in Santa Rosa. I didn't plan to buy there since I live 100 miles away from it, but I was visiting my parents who live near by. I went in with the intention to buy not leasing it. However, I ended up leasing it. Here is the deal that I got.

Invoice $29,982 msrp $32,900

Dest $ 570

Doc Fee 45

Tires Fee 9

City Fee 20

Markup 823

Tax 8.25% 2589

Reg Fee 257

Out the door price was $34,295.

The car has the following dealer installed options: all season floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks, splash guards.

I hope bay area drivers will get better deals than this one.

Good luck.
  • crazy88crazy88 Member Posts: 12
    What's with all these fees. Should I be expecting these fees when I purchase the TL. Also, what how much is the license fee?
  • toph2toph2 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an 05 no-navi TL 6MT from a Tampa area dealer last month for 31,900 plus dest ($570), registration, and taxes. I was happy with the deal, although I'm sure there are people that found better deals around town.
  • hotsoupshotsoups Member Posts: 12
    California tires fee, CA sales tax, title, and registration fee are required. I don't know about doc. fee, but I know I have paid for it in the past. The license and registration fee is $257.

we sold our car in San Francisco then we drove to Marin. We stopped by Marin Acura, but no one ever came out to greet us. There were a few people looking at the TLs. We then went inside to get some water and used the restroom, but still on one said a thing to us.
  • tl_guytl_guy Member Posts: 5
    I ended up buying from a private seller. Got a used 04 TL with really low miles. Thank you.
    Did they hit you up for crazy Dealer fees? Do you recall how much the tag & title were?

I don't know why every time I get ready to purchase a car, I think that "this time it is going to be better"...
  • azn b 23azn b 23 Member Posts: 3
    I went in to buy my first TL, white with the NAV, 3 miles on it. I didn't even test drive it because I've taken it for a spin before in my friends ..but at first, they were tryin to offer us something like 37k ...but after about 4 hrs, in our mind, we wanted 32.5k, we eventually got it ..I think a lot to do with it was because we were going in all cash ..MSRP is I believe 34.9k so I consider myself really lucky and fortunate to get a deal like that, plus 5 years of free paint chip repair and the dealer hooked me up with some accessories that people would usually have to buy!
    $32,500 is an excellent deal! Congrats...
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    How much did you pay? Automatic or stick? Nav or non Nav?
  • igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Both 32.5K and 37K seem a bit unreal, esp. the 37K.... markup on top of msrp for a TL? But congrats for getting the better unreal one.
    $32,500 isn't unreal, its just a good deal. A lot of people are getting similar deals. I was offered $32, 188 when I was negotiating last month. Unfortunately, I'd already committed to another dealership...
    automatic ..with the nav ..plus a few accessories the dealer hooked me up on the side..

it isn't unreal ..it is a good deal ..but if I recall ..the invoice for the car is right at about $32k? but oh well, dealerships always find a way to come out on top
    $32.5k does sound "unreal" in a way ..same with $37k. .but the sticker price on the door showed $36k, most of my friends who have TL without the nav ended paying more than I did ..I also know that the dealership I got it from wasn't able to sell many cars in January ..and I think they had to meet a quota at the end of the month or something ..dealer did some things like slam and wrap the piece of paper up, crumpled the paper and slammed it.. I was like "screw it man, I'm going to get a bmw then.." ..I went out to turn on the engine ..and eventually the guy chased me and said "if you do $32.5k all in tonight, will you but it ." ..I said "yes"
  • igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Good for you. Supply and demand rules. What ere they thinking on 37k.....
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    I just want to say when one is negotiating for a car, PLEASE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to the MARKUP PRICE. Markup price should only be a factor on cars with extreme limited productions such as the released of the S2000 few years back. For car such as TL, there are a zillion of them on the planet.

In negotiating for a car(TL), I feel like it is also crucial to come in for testdrives in addition to talking with internet sales mngr. When you testdrive a car, you put mileage on it and make it less desirable to the next buyer. As a result, the dealer will try hard trying to sell you the car. If they think you are serious and ready to buy, they will be serious and ready to sell. On top of that, wait til the end of the month.

Good luck shopping!

• phiberopphiberop Member Posts: 3
    I have been researching the TL for a few weeks now and I believe I got a good deal for the southern region, but I need some opinions. I live in Atlanta, GA and I contacted dealers all over the southeast. The best deal I got was in Georgia, outside of Atlanta. I negotiated a price of $32,900 and said I wanted to lease. The dealer looked up a third party lease on their "Lease Link" which he said was better than Acura's leasing deals. Here are the details of the lease...

39 Month lease
    $32,900 base cap cost
    $695 acquisition fee
    $287.50 dealer doc fee
    $41 title registration fee
    56% residual
    0.00190 Money Factor
    7% sales tax
    12,000 miles per year

$1500 upfront to cover all the fees and first month's payment

$465/month afterwards

The dealer said that if I paid for my fees upfront I wouldn't be charged interest on them throughout my lease. Is this a good deal? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    The lease is probably a little better than the Honda Finance lease program.. But, there are some things to ask..

1) Does the lease include GAP insurance? All Honda Finance leases include this at no extra charge.

2) No security deposit? This is okay, but if the money factor is increased to make up for that, you are usually better off making the deposit

3) Can he lower the price? Considering the almost $300 doc fee, you might be able to get a lower selling price... about another $1000 to play with there..

4) Your dealer is correct.. anything paid upfront won't have interest charged on it.. but, I like to keep my upfront to a minumum.. The whole idea of a lease is to pay as you go... Put that $1000 of fees into the cap cost.. It will add about $30/mo to the monthly payment..

5) Have him run the numbers for a Honda Finance lease to compare.. at 12K mi./yr, I'd even go up to a 42 month lease, to get the same payment with AHFC.. AHFC has a vested interest in keeping you happy at the end of the lease, because Honda wants you to lease another car from them.. They are much more lenient than an independent bank will be with turn-in issues.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I agree with the above post. I think you got a pretty good price. I would discuss the doc fee and see if it can be dropped or lowered. I also agree that one of the points of leasing is to avoid any down payment.

Overall, good deal! Congrats.
  • phiberopphiberop Member Posts: 3
    The lease does include GAP insurance and there is no security deposit. I don't think I can get him to drop the doc fee, I contacted like 15 Acura dealers in the south and this was the lowest price I could negotiate with the Navigation system. The comparable lease on Honda's side is $464, but at 42 months. In other words, I would be saving 3 months of payments if I went with the 39 month lease. Does it sound like a good deal?
  • tl_guytl_guy Member Posts: 5
    Just got an email from Vandergriff Acura in Dallas that 2005 TL are selling at $500 over invoice till the end of Feb. Not sure if destination charge is included or not but worth checking out if you are in the market for a new TL.
    I received that email as well. The downside is that the offer is only good for autos ON SITE. So if they don't have the color/combination you want, you're out of luck.
  • linda6linda6 Member Posts: 1
    I have negotiated a lease of 42 months/ 12,000 year for $393/ month + $1095 bank fee + taxes + DMV fees.
    Does anyone know if that sounds good for NY with the 2005 TL, without navigation. I've gotten them down quite considerably from the original quotes and this one sounds pretty good.
    Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated!
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ..... Lease terms can be nice, or not so nice ..

36 months: great -- 39 months: good -- 42 months: can be like a bad divorce ..

Terry.
  • billykrebsbillykrebs Member Posts: 33
    Terry-

Please tell me what that means? Why does it matter what the term is as long as you are always under the factory warranty?

Why such a drastic difference between 39 months and 42 months?

Really curious to know the answer to this one.
  • punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    hi guys, i just got an offer for 37,250 for a 05' tl with nav...is it good?
  • asenjasenj Member Posts: 4
    Consider the TL and Accord EX-V6 nearly equal in performance, size, reliability, etc.

Have offers in northern New Jersey (including destination charges):

2005 TL (no nav)---$30,800; and

2005 Accord EX-V6 (no nav)---$23,750

Comments on prices and whether TL worth $7000 extra?

asenj
  • elbocenvarielbocenvari Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Liferules for your tips on buying a TL in Texas! I picked up a Anthracite TL with Navi, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Tint, Mud Flaps for $32,570 +TTL and $50 doc fee. Used 3.9% financing thru PenFed. This was with Vandergriff, David McDavid had a price of $32,600, so even they were very competitive. I emailed for best offers and got them to bid against each other. Churchhill you can forget about, The lowest they could go was $33,900. Goodson Acura basically sucks anyway. They told me they didn't even belive my offer and to go buy it if it was true! So I did. To all those naysayers that say you can get a Navi for under $33, well you can!!

Awesome Car!
  • aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    If that offer is before tax etc, NO! Read the past several weeks worth of posts on this forum and you'll see that it is over $4000 too high.

Let us know what that price includes and where you are.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    is that Canadian money? lol

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Actually.. that was my guess...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    He posted on another discussion. I believe he is in Phoenix. I thought the price might be out-the-door.
  • spiderman32spiderman32 Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking to get a TL with no navi in the Bay Area, in white diamond pearl. I've gotten quotes from Los Gatos and Stevens Creek that will go as low as $31,052 but I want to know if its a good price. I'm thinking I can get them to throw in floor mats, wheel locks, and cargo net.
    I'm want to get it in the next couple weeks. An input would be great. thanks
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    I have learned alot from these postings. Thank you all. I have decided to purchase a TL with Navi. Can anyone be helpful with the best realistic bottom line price in the NY Metro area, specifically Long Island? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Elbocenvari,

Congratulations! I was also pleased with the aggressiveness of Vandergriff, though I ended up going with Goodson as it was closer to our home and gave a better final offer with trade-in.

Don't you love that Anthracite color? Enjoy the car!

Best wishes.
  • tcltcl Member Posts: 42
    It is good price if includes destination. However the floor mat, cargo net is come standard with the car. Wheel locks and Mud Guards, trunk tray are extra.
  • jj0621jj0621 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for a good deal in So Cal for TL w/ Nav. Anyone have a recommended dealer and price??
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A magazine reporter is looking to photograph an Edmunds.com user and his/her car in Northern California by Friday, March 4, 2005. If you are in the area and care to participate, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com with the name of your city as well as the month and year when you bought your most recent car after researching it on Edmunds.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jj0621jj0621 Member Posts: 4
    The dealer quote me $33,500 + Tax and Lic for a Silver w/ Nav. Unfortunately, we are not able to get the price here that Dallas people is getting. Yet, is this a good deal or not in Los Angeles.

Any input or command will be greatly appreciated!!
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    Can anyone recommend a dealer in Northern California from Fresno to the Bay Area, including Sacramento where a TL with NAV can be purchased for $33,500 or less, plus Tax, Lic.

Thank you.
  • alberhpralberhpr Member Posts: 5
    The TL has a bunch of equipment that is not available on the Accord. It's available with a manual transmission for those of us who like to shift our own gears. Most importantly it comes with Electronic Stability Control standard. Not offered on the Accord. ESD is considered to be a major advance in auto safety.
  • grumblesdclowngrumblesdclown Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone recently purchased a new TL (or any other new Acura) from a dealership in Delaware? I'm most interested in comments regarding Castle (New Castle) and Price (Dover). I'd also consider going into Philly, south Jersey, or Baltimore. I bought a 2000 TL at Price. It was a good sales experience but a lot can change in five years.

On that note, what's your opinion of things other than getting the lowest price? For example, many of you know the transmission issue. On other forums, some people tell woesome tales of their dealers. For me, Price dropped off a new TL to my front door; took my car to the shop; inspected it and replaced the valve per Honda's recall; washed/vacuumed it; and returned it to my door the next day at MY convenience. All at no charge to me. I thought that was pretty classy.

I appreciate that level of service but I still want a competitive price. I'm going to email/phone/visit the dealers myself, but I'd love to hear some real world experiences.

Thanks.
  • cashvillecashville Member Posts: 13
    what is the invoice on this car with NAVI?

Thank guys
  • johnsandiegojohnsandiego Member Posts: 16
    I am starting to shop for a TL auto w nav in the San Diego area and was wondering if anyone in SD, Orange Cty, or LA area could tell me what they paid.

Any chance of getting the car for $32.5K-$33K (incl dest. chg)?

According to Consumer Reports, dealer cost is $31,326.

If anyone knows of a dealer anywhere in SoCal who will deal without playing games I would appreciate the information.

Thanks!