Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• California tires fee, CA sales tax, title, and registration fee are required. I don't know about doc. fee, but I know I have paid for it in the past. The license and registration fee is $257.

we sold our car in San Francisco then we drove to Marin. We stopped by Marin Acura, but no one ever came out to greet us. There were a few people looking at the TLs. We then went inside to get some water and used the restroom, but still on one said a thing to us.
  • I ended up buying from a private seller. Got a used 04 TL with really low miles. Thank you.
  • rob813rob813 Posts: 11
    Did they hit you up for crazy Dealer fees? Do you recall how much the tag & title were?

I don't know why every time I get ready to purchase a car, I think that "this time it is going to be better"...
  • I went in to buy my first TL, white with the NAV, 3 miles on it. I didn't even test drive it because I've taken it for a spin before in my friends ..but at first, they were tryin to offer us something like 37k ...but after about 4 hrs, in our mind, we wanted 32.5k, we eventually got it ..I think a lot to do with it was because we were going in all cash ..MSRP is I believe 34.9k so I consider myself really lucky and fortunate to get a deal like that, plus 5 years of free paint chip repair and the dealer hooked me up with some accessories that people would usually have to buy!
  • $32,500 is an excellent deal! Congrats...
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Posts: 248
    How much did you pay? Automatic or stick? Nav or non Nav?
  • igibanigiban Posts: 530
    Both 32.5K and 37K seem a bit unreal, esp. the 37K.... markup on top of msrp for a TL? But congrats for getting the better unreal one.
  • $32,500 isn't unreal, its just a good deal. A lot of people are getting similar deals. I was offered $32, 188 when I was negotiating last month. Unfortunately, I'd already committed to another dealership...
  • automatic ..with the nav ..plus a few accessories the dealer hooked me up on the side..

it isn't unreal ..it is a good deal ..but if I recall ..the invoice for the car is right at about $32k? but oh well, dealerships always find a way to come out on top
  • $32.5k does sound "unreal" in a way ..same with $37k. .but the sticker price on the door showed $36k, most of my friends who have TL without the nav ended paying more than I did ..I also know that the dealership I got it from wasn't able to sell many cars in January ..and I think they had to meet a quota at the end of the month or something ..dealer did some things like slam and wrap the piece of paper up, crumpled the paper and slammed it.. I was like "screw it man, I'm going to get a bmw then.." ..I went out to turn on the engine ..and eventually the guy chased me and said "if you do $32.5k all in tonight, will you but it ." ..I said "yes"
  • igibanigiban Posts: 530
    Good for you. Supply and demand rules. What ere they thinking on 37k.....
  • miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    I just want to say when one is negotiating for a car, PLEASE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to the MARKUP PRICE. Markup price should only be a factor on cars with extreme limited productions such as the released of the S2000 few years back. For car such as TL, there are a zillion of them on the planet.

In negotiating for a car(TL), I feel like it is also crucial to come in for testdrives in addition to talking with internet sales mngr. When you testdrive a car, you put mileage on it and make it less desirable to the next buyer. As a result, the dealer will try hard trying to sell you the car. If they think you are serious and ready to buy, they will be serious and ready to sell. On top of that, wait til the end of the month.

Good luck shopping!

• I have been researching the TL for a few weeks now and I believe I got a good deal for the southern region, but I need some opinions. I live in Atlanta, GA and I contacted dealers all over the southeast. The best deal I got was in Georgia, outside of Atlanta. I negotiated a price of $32,900 and said I wanted to lease. The dealer looked up a third party lease on their "Lease Link" which he said was better than Acura's leasing deals. Here are the details of the lease...

39 Month lease
    $32,900 base cap cost
    $695 acquisition fee
    $287.50 dealer doc fee
    $41 title registration fee
    56% residual
    0.00190 Money Factor
    7% sales tax
    12,000 miles per year

$1500 upfront to cover all the fees and first month's payment

$465/month afterwards

The dealer said that if I paid for my fees upfront I wouldn't be charged interest on them throughout my lease. Is this a good deal? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,998
    The lease is probably a little better than the Honda Finance lease program.. But, there are some things to ask..

1) Does the lease include GAP insurance? All Honda Finance leases include this at no extra charge.

2) No security deposit? This is okay, but if the money factor is increased to make up for that, you are usually better off making the deposit

3) Can he lower the price? Considering the almost $300 doc fee, you might be able to get a lower selling price... about another $1000 to play with there..

4) Your dealer is correct.. anything paid upfront won't have interest charged on it.. but, I like to keep my upfront to a minumum.. The whole idea of a lease is to pay as you go... Put that $1000 of fees into the cap cost.. It will add about $30/mo to the monthly payment..

5) Have him run the numbers for a Honda Finance lease to compare.. at 12K mi./yr, I'd even go up to a 42 month lease, to get the same payment with AHFC.. AHFC has a vested interest in keeping you happy at the end of the lease, because Honda wants you to lease another car from them.. They are much more lenient than an independent bank will be with turn-in issues.

regards,
    kyfdx

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• I agree with the above post. I think you got a pretty good price. I would discuss the doc fee and see if it can be dropped or lowered. I also agree that one of the points of leasing is to avoid any down payment.

Overall, good deal! Congrats.
  • The lease does include GAP insurance and there is no security deposit. I don't think I can get him to drop the doc fee, I contacted like 15 Acura dealers in the south and this was the lowest price I could negotiate with the Navigation system. The comparable lease on Honda's side is $464, but at 42 months. In other words, I would be saving 3 months of payments if I went with the 39 month lease. Does it sound like a good deal?
  • Just got an email from Vandergriff Acura in Dallas that 2005 TL are selling at $500 over invoice till the end of Feb. Not sure if destination charge is included or not but worth checking out if you are in the market for a new TL.
  • I received that email as well. The downside is that the offer is only good for autos ON SITE. So if they don't have the color/combination you want, you're out of luck.
  • I have negotiated a lease of 42 months/ 12,000 year for $393/ month + $1095 bank fee + taxes + DMV fees.
    Does anyone know if that sounds good for NY with the 2005 TL, without navigation. I've gotten them down quite considerably from the original quotes and this one sounds pretty good.
    Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated!
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    ..... Lease terms can be nice, or not so nice ..

36 months: great -- 39 months: good -- 42 months: can be like a bad divorce ..

Terry.
  • Terry-

Please tell me what that means? Why does it matter what the term is as long as you are always under the factory warranty?

Why such a drastic difference between 39 months and 42 months?

Really curious to know the answer to this one.
  • hi guys, i just got an offer for 37,250 for a 05' tl with nav...is it good?
  • asenjasenj Posts: 4
    Consider the TL and Accord EX-V6 nearly equal in performance, size, reliability, etc.

Have offers in northern New Jersey (including destination charges):

2005 TL (no nav)---$30,800; and

2005 Accord EX-V6 (no nav)---$23,750

Comments on prices and whether TL worth $7000 extra?

asenj
  • Thanks Liferules for your tips on buying a TL in Texas! I picked up a Anthracite TL with Navi, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Tint, Mud Flaps for $32,570 +TTL and $50 doc fee. Used 3.9% financing thru PenFed. This was with Vandergriff, David McDavid had a price of $32,600, so even they were very competitive. I emailed for best offers and got them to bid against each other. Churchhill you can forget about, The lowest they could go was $33,900. Goodson Acura basically sucks anyway. They told me they didn't even belive my offer and to go buy it if it was true! So I did. To all those naysayers that say you can get a Navi for under $33, well you can!!

Awesome Car!
  • aaarghaaargh Posts: 230
    If that offer is before tax etc, NO! Read the past several weeks worth of posts on this forum and you'll see that it is over $4000 too high.

Let us know what that price includes and where you are.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,813
    is that Canadian money? lol

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,998
    Actually.. that was my guess...

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aaarghaaargh Posts: 230
    He posted on another discussion. I believe he is in Phoenix. I thought the price might be out-the-door.
  • I'm looking to get a TL with no navi in the Bay Area, in white diamond pearl. I've gotten quotes from Los Gatos and Stevens Creek that will go as low as $31,052 but I want to know if its a good price. I'm thinking I can get them to throw in floor mats, wheel locks, and cargo net.
    I'm want to get it in the next couple weeks. An input would be great. thanks
  • I have learned alot from these postings. Thank you all. I have decided to purchase a TL with Navi. Can anyone be helpful with the best realistic bottom line price in the NY Metro area, specifically Long Island? Any help would be greatly appreciated.