Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sid3sid3 Member Posts: 21
    I have been quoted $32,600 as out of the door price for Acura TL 2005 w/o Navi in Raleigh, NC area. I was surprised to see that people have paid about $33,000 for TL w/ Navi...in different parts of the US.
    Can anyone suggest a good dealer in North Carolina/ Maryland with a better price???
    I don`t mind travelling to adjoining states to get a good deal.
    Thanks,
    Sid
    no, this is without navi....are you looking for one too????
    Hi Kaushik,
    I am also planning to buy TL from the maryland area.
    Could you suggest me a good price/dealer if you got one
    with and without navigation.
    I will appreciate your help.
    Best,
    Siddhartha
    I am presently residing in North Carolina and going to move soon to Maryland area.
    I would like to know whether it is good idea to buy the car here in NC or in the MD area keeping the registration in mind.
    Thanks
    Siddhartha
  • kaushikgkaushikg Member Posts: 26
    Hello SIddhartha,

I haven't bought one yet but I can tell you from my extensive research that you should look at Chevy Chase, Pohanka and Rosenthal Acura. You should also look at dealers in Phili area as well. Take an over the internet or phone quote. I got written offers from Phili dealers for TL with NAV at 32550. In DC area any price around or below 32900 is a good price. Don't pay above 32900.

Kaushik
  • carranzacarranza Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

What a great deal! Thanks for sharing this info, I test drove this car this weekend and loved it! Can you forward me the email with the quote to see if my local dealer will match it?
    Hi Kaushik,
    Thanks for the reply.
    The price that you have mentioned....is it the out of the door price ($32,900) or do I need to add the taxex on it and then get the final proce.
    Also, have you researched the price for a TL without navi?
    I will appreciate the prices that you come across for TL without navi.
    Thanks again,
    Siddhartha
  • kaushikgkaushikg Member Posts: 26
    Siddhartha

I haven't looked at w/o NAV. But you should not pay more than 200 over invoice. Yes the price I quoted for with NAV includes only destination charges. U will have to add TTL.

Kaushik
  • tim20tim20 Member Posts: 2
    fyi, I'm in So.Cal. and just purch. an 05 TL w/Nav., wheel locks, wood shift knob (which doesn't fit properly by the way), trunk tray & mud guards for $33,150 (+$225 for paint protection). It was a pretty tough negotiation and I walked out once for dramatic effect. I went into the negotiation having purchased ($12) a report from Consumer Reports giving total price breakdown and recommended starting point and negotiation strategy--well worth the $12.

I debating getting body side molding for paint protection. Any recommendations.?
  • happytlhappytl Member Posts: 17
    Just purchased a TL from Santa Monica Acura this weekend also thanks to the forum here I was able to get a hassle free deal. The dealership was great and I delt with the sales manager and he gave me the price I asked for $30734.00 for the base model I was thinking about the navigation which was $32395.00 but passed.
    Thanks for the posts that helped me with my purchase.
  • nankerphelgenankerphelge Member Posts: 1
    This forum was a big help in getting my ducks lined up so I want to pass along my experience in hopes it may be useful to others.

Bought an 05 non-NAV from First Acura in Seekonk, MA last week for 31,0000 flat plus tax, title and registration. This was for a green 6-speed with camel interior that they found for me and fetched from another NE dealer. It also included the floor mats, flaps, trunk liner and wheel locks.

Highly recommend First Acura -- very straightforward, courteous and professional. Got a few emailed offers first, took a test drive and made the deal quickly over the phone a few days later. Based on info gleaned here, I offered 31000 for the exact color combination with protection package. Made it clear I didn't want to know about dealer prep or doc charges, which ultimately they accepted when I told them I was pretty sure my offer would be accepted elsewhere and that I was prepared to find out.

Thanks to the forum for all the help in gearing up to score a great car at what I consider a great price!
  • bodamanbodaman Member Posts: 1
    and if you live in california (los angeles.)
    don't ever go to santa monica acura...
    i just got my TL yesterday.. and i had worst experience at santa monica acura dealer..
    they don't work with you ..
    rather they want to make fun of your credit.
    i will never ever and ever ever go there..
    i got mine from alhambra acura.. it was easy and clean..
    i paid 33079.. with mug, cargo, and free oil change. :mad:
  • levi1levi1 Member Posts: 21
    canuck44 - glad you got a good deal and you're happy. Sounds like you went to Nalley Acura in Marietta. I was there on May 31, after having stopped in before once. We got a quote of $31,000 for the non-nav TL, but then they started playing games on trade-in and we ended up walking out. We've decided to sell our car privately and then I'll go to a different Acura dealer when I do get a TL. I wasn't impressed with Nalley.
  • tbonephiletbonephile Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know what the current money factor and residual are for 36 or 39 months and 15k a year?
  • canuck44canuck44 Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, I was sort of thinking about trading a vehicle at Nalley, but games did start, right away, so I decided not to trade. Just a straight purchase for me.
  • llullu Member Posts: 4
    We just bought from a North NJ dealer a 05 TL w/Navi demo (5600 miles) model that has following options:
    1. All-season floor mats
    2. Trunk Tray
    3. Front Under Body Spoiler
    4. Deck Lid Spoiler
    5. Side Under Body Spoiler
    6. Wheel Locks
    7. Rear Under Body Spoiler
    The brand new MSRP is $37,422.00. We paid $33,500 (include destination charge) before tax and registration.
    Can any of you comment of wether we got a good deal?
    Thanks,
    LLu
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Its a little late to worry about your deal, IMO. Just enjoy the car!

If you look at the prices paid for TL w/nav on this forum, you'll see that you got a fair price for a brand new car. I'm not sure how much I would have paid for a used '05 TL (5600 miles is used, demo is even worse IMO). I'd expect a significant reduction. KBB may guide you, if you haven't already finalized the deal...

Best wishes.
  • xdcxdc Member Posts: 12
    Hi, Tim: The price you mentioned include the destination fee and licence fee? I am trying to figure out the destination cost for So. Cal. Here in San Diego I was told $570.

TIA
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    My cost was $35,000 non-navi OTD;

31,000 for the car
    2,800 California sales tax
    plus extras, such as spoiler, I think the rear of the TL is weak and needs a spoiler
    mud flaps, trunk thing,

I think I got a good deal
  • xdcxdc Member Posts: 12
    How much you paid for the spoiler?
    Thanks
    I checked KBB. They don't have any price for used 05 Acura. But I checked 04 used Acura TL with the options I got. The retail price is over $34,000 based on 5,600 miles.
    Well, It was all included. The add-on MSRP before installation cost are:
    1. All-Season floor mats $132.00
    2. Trunk Tray $99.00
    3. Front Under body spoiler $329.00
    4. Deck Lid Spoiler $399.00
    5. Side Under Body spoiler $415.00
    6. Wheel Locks $49.00
    7. Rear Under body spoiler $329.00
    You can find these info from www.acura.com and try to build your car.
    Although this is not the forum for this, the wing spoiler cost about $550.
  • slowshopperslowshopper Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a non-nav TL around that date as well.$31,000 plus doc fees of 399. I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Nalley. I went to most of the dealerships in the Atlanta area. They all make you work for a good quote and they all play some games. Relatively speaking, Nalley was not that bad. (Great compared to some non-Acura dealers in went to.) They didn't check credit without asking. They didn't switch out sales people. They didn't lie to me or get rude during the negotiations. They didn't make me promise to buy that day or make sign my "offer" and they didn't let me stand around forever when they checked prices with the sales manager. They didn't even play any games on the financing.

You are right that they will play some games in trying to value the trade and they will make you work to get any kind of decent offer. It seemed like every dealer I went to was using the same playbook on valuing my trade. It was almost comical how similar the quotes were. Everyone uses Kelly Blue Book and never mentions edmunds.

The TL is awesome:)
  • golferheregolferhere Member Posts: 27
    I am in San Diego, and drove to Glendale on Friday to pick it up. Acura of Glendale was easy to deal with. I got my choice of color combination , and non-navigation for $30,200. As part of the deal, I added a deck lid spoiler ($500?) and the protection package ($400?) for another $300 for both. Total price of $30,500, Out the door for $33170ish.....Tustin Acura was next best price of $31,400, which included the protection package, I believe.....Anyways, great deal even though I missed the awesome financing by a few days.......Still got 4.9 for 48 months through my own c.u.....
  • sowkusowku Member Posts: 18
    i hate alhambra dealership. bunch of idiot. you got rip !
  • jennycarjennycar Member Posts: 5
    I was hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking into getting a manual TL with Navi preferably black on black. What is the best price I should ne looking for in my area. Edmunds show the invoice price at about 32k+ from the post I read here by another member. Also how difficult will it be to buy out of state and ship to my home state. I want a out the door price for no more than 34k if I can swing it, is this possible, judging by the other threads.
    My non-Navi was almost exactly 35,000, but in CA sales tax was 2,800, plus I got a wing spoiler for 550, body side molding for 175, and mud flaps for 90, a trunk tray and wheel locks for free. So I thought I got a pretty good deal. :)
    My non-navi was just over $33K out the door here in Southern California. I got the deck lid spoiler, and the mud flaps, trunk tray and wheel locks. There is no such thing as "FREE" trunk trays and wheel locks; they are added in somewhere......
    We agreed to invoice of about 30700+, but he held the car for me for a day so I gave him 31,000. Add 2800 sales tax, and that is 33,800. Nobody else was willing to hold the Silver for a day, so I was glad to give Acura of Marin the extra. By the way Golferhere, you go a great deal :shades:
  • tim20tim20 Member Posts: 2
    TIA, sorry for the delayed response--destination charge included; license and registration not included. good luck (fyi, I purchased from Cerritos Acura)
  • ddeiomaddeioma Member Posts: 2
    FYI- I paid $32,900 plus tax for a TL with nav at Acura of Cleveland.
    The sales tax in California is a hefty 2,800, that is the tax in Ohio? Invoice for a Navi is about $32,500, but there is a hold back of about 1,000. Plus, did you get any extras, like body side molding?
    I haven't seen a TL w/nav going for an OTD of $34... you're going to have to up it at least $1000-1500 or move to non-nav.

Good luck.
    The guy from Cleveland claimed he got one for $32,900.
  • tmaxxtmaxx Member Posts: 4
    I recently went shopping for a new car, since my 03 TL lease is about up, well I have 2 payments left, the dealer offered to pay my last two payments (at first they were just adding it in but after some negotiation the price dropped to the point where they were really making the last two payments.) Right now I am faced with purchasing an 05 or waiting for an 06.

Does anybody know when the 06's are due.

The dealer is telling me October or November but when I bought my TL last time I purchased the next model year in August.

Secondly I would love to know what you guys think of the price they were offering, $34,225 plus tax. (TL with Nav).

I left the deal, I think I can do better and I feel I might be better off waiting for the 06. (New York Tristate Area)
    Can anyone tell me the most they paid in Houston
    I doubt that was truly OTD....to get $32,900 would be a good price excluding TT&L. To get a TL w/nav for $32,900 OTD is UNBELIEVABLE. That would be great for a TL w/o nav!
    ddeioma can you please provide more information on your purchase and the dealer thanks.
    He did not say that the 32,900 for the TL w/nav was out the door. He said he paid 32,900 plus tax........FYI-- I was quoted $32,100 for a TL with navigation here in Southern California, and $30,200 for a non-nav (which is what I went with).....: )
    Can anyone that got the $32900 deal mention the name of the dealer so I can contact and setup a deal with them. Thanks
  • ae5555ae5555 Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know any decent dealers in the NY/NJ area (NYC)? I have tried some (Paragon in NYC, Park Ave in NJ) and they both lie straight in your face... Any recommendations?
  • ddeiomaddeioma Member Posts: 2
    The sales tax in Ohio is 8% so out the door I got the car for ~$35,660 or ~$2700 in tax. I did not get any extras.
    If you read my message, it was in reply to someone wanting OTD for UNDER $34,000. I said that it was unlikely with a TL w/nav. Frisconick replied that someone said that they did it for $32,900...and I replied exactly what you said, that I doubt it was OTD pricing.

FYI, I received a bid for $32,200 when I was buying my wife's TL. I already had committed to another dealer and kept my word. I have my doubts that the low bidder would have given me what I wanted, but instead whatever was on the lot.

Bottom line: I have yet to see someone get a TL w/nav with an OTD price <$34,000 (that would mean the tax in your state is less than 6.25% and the title and license are free...) If you have, please submit the info as everyone would love to buy from that dealership.
  • lwf41lwf41 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all of the insight on this forum. I have read thru the forum and have a pretty good idea but am looking for some confirmation form the board.
    1. I have a quote for a TL with auto and NAV for 34K...this is in the Boston/ Southern NH area...thoughts?

2. This does not include any extras (floor mats, trunk mats, trim, etc.)...What are the strongly suggested extras..if any? Do that body molding work?

Thanks
    I naturally assumed that the body side molding is to protect from being dinged by cars you parked next to when they open the door. That's why I payed nearly 200 for it. :surprise:
  • grlygrlgrlygrl Member Posts: 7
    ddeioma

was that auto or man? I am in Ohio too, looking to pick up the TL with Nav

Thanks
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Hello. '05 Non-Nav TL owner here.

1. I think, in the Boston area, you can do better than $34k. I believe I've seen quotes of
    less than $33k in this forum. A former neighbor claims he negotiated to $32k even,
    but he wanted to add some dealer accessories, so the dealer may have figured they'd
    make the profit on the accessories.

2. Body side moldings do offer more protection than nothing. Unfortunately it depends on
    the size/shape of the object that hits your car! :mad:

3. I'm sure glad The Sox didn't play this poorly (or are the Cardinals playing very well?
    Yeah, they are) against the Cards in The World Series last fall. Which The Sox
    won. Making them World Champs. In my lifetime. Wow. :D

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• col_10022col_10022 Member Posts: 18
    I have gotten a quote in the DC area for an Acura TL with NAV for $32,670 plus TTL. It was a no haggle, no hassle experience. The guy basically told me that if anyone can beat his price by more than $500 I should just go with whoever makes me that offer. I checked around and three other dealers came back with higher quotes even after I told them the quote I got from one of their competitors. It made the car buying experience really pleasant to know that the guy I was buying from really made me a good offer off the bat.
  • col_10022col_10022 Member Posts: 18
    I got a quote for $3000 under MSRP (plus destination charges and TTL) from a guy that told me that if anyone could beat that price by more than $500, I should take it. I used the price at three of his competitors. Two of them came back to me with prices higher than the quoted price (it was like they thought I lying to them to get a better price) and one of them beat him by about $100 after a lot of haggling. I felt pretty good buying from the first guy, knowing that he gave me a good price from the very beginning without a lot of drama made the buying experience a lot more pleasant for me.