Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kjpkjp Member Posts: 12
    I would suggest Acura of Westchester. I just purchased an 05 w/Navi for a great price. Deal directly with the Internet Manager. He was pleasant to work with and didn't try to run any games.
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Still and excellent price for a Navi! :shades:
  • sid3sid3 Member Posts: 21
    kaushikg
    could you please forward me the info for the dealer please.
    You got an excellant deal man.
    What was the OTD price for your tl.
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    You all realize that OTD pricing is apples and oranges. It only confuses the real issues we should talk about. Actual sales price.
    In Nice 3% OK my price for 05 non NAV was $31,000 with MIchelins added, mudds and tint Tax and Tag was $1,000 30 days after that=OTD $32,000

You poor saps in high tax states get some car deal $31,000 and add in some cases 8% or OTD of $33,500. Like I said apples in oranges.

The best states are trade difference states where they substract Trade from sale price then tax like MO. Very fair for yearly car changes like me. MO even allows you to private sale then buy new car and subtract the selling price if within 30 days!!! but tax is 5% there.--but I digress...
  • nsgnsg Member Posts: 2
    Can you please send me the Sales person details. I'm looking for Tl w/o NAVI, but getting very high quote (31,800-32,200).
  • yerlesyerles Member Posts: 3
    $32,775 Is the invoice number, and over the past two week I have had two dealer offer that to me. I had a 2000 TL trade so that might have factored into the deal. Seeing that the 2006's are just a 3-4 months away it might be to wait, even if you go with a 2005.
  • montyburnzmontyburnz Member Posts: 17
    Yeah, seems like they jacked up the prices. Over a month ago I got a quote from him and he said $31,5 but now he's saying $32,300. There's no way I'm paying that much for a non-NAVI TL. Especially since people in other states are getting one WITH NAVI for only a few hundred more than $32,300. The guy is the internet sales manager. You can find out his info on the Buerkle Acura website.
    You poor saps in high tax states

I would rather pay the extra tax. :P
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    My comment came off badly. I apologize. I was really making a statement about automobile taxes in general being another method of sapping us all of money.
    Yes, OK road are BAD!!!. You get what you pay for. Save in tax pay in road related repairs, tires, alignments, 45 series blow outs. I have had one on my 04!
    No problem :shades: However, CA we have high taxes AND bad roads. Maybe we are saps. :mad:
  • jiggy37jiggy37 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my TL for 32,555. Anthracite with Quartz interior. Got it from Annapolis Acura. What a pleasure to work with. No hassle, in and out in a bout an our and I absolutely love the car. I did end up getting the side molding any opinions on if this is worth it?
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    I just bought a TSX two weeks ago (fourth Acura) and now considering turning in my Infiniti I30 for a TL (fifth Acura).

Many TL owners may have looked and compared to the TSX. Could I please get some thoughts on the comparisons and comments on how the TL is compared to the TSX (which I now have first hand experiences with). Good, bad, and ugly.

Also...what type of real life MPG mileage is everyone getting with a TL?

Thanks.
  • jennycarjennycar Member Posts: 5
    How much was the final cost out the door jiggy37?
  • strokeoluck1strokeoluck1 Member Posts: 37
    I'm considering a 2004 TL with 10,000 miles; it doesn't have Nav. Dealer's bottom line price is $28,000. Good deal? Seems to be.

It's silver with black interior.

Thanks, Rob
  • golferheregolferhere Member Posts: 27
    Rob--- Thats a good deal, especially if it is certified with the big long warranty.......A new one would be at least $2500-3000 more, just for 10,000 miles.......Do it......
  • grlygrlgrlygrl Member Posts: 7
    My dealer called me today and he has a used 05 with 19K miles on it that someone traded in for a MDX, it has the nav kit. He hasn't come up with a price yet, but wanted to let me know about it in case I was interested. He said he could give me a good deal and bump the warranty to 100K miles. What do you all think a fair price would be? I have to go there at 2pm, so any quick imput is appreciated.
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    .......... It's an 05 with 19,000 miles and thats a TON for an 05 ... dealer might have the mid/tall $28's maybe the low low low low low $29ish figure in it, and then he has to make a profit on top of that ...... can we spell - new.?

Terry ;)
    Thank you! that is what I was thinking too, plus the car has scratches on it they are going to try and detail out. My husband seems to think we may get a good deal on it, but when you are spending this much, I would rather spend a few more and get new.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    You seem to be smarter than your husband..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I bought my a wife a TL, but they couldn't get the options I wanted on the same day, so they gave us a TSX loaner that we drove for 3 days. The TL is in another class than the TSX. The ride is much smoother and quiter. A long trip in a TSX would be tiring. Additionally the TL's power is much more than the TSX. The TSX is nice fun car,but for the extra money, I think, the TL is more than worth it.
    Wow, get this, they wanted $32K for the USED TL with 19K miles on it and no, that wasn't out the door. They wanted us to buy the used one so bad, they wouldn't budge on the MSRP of the new one. I told them I wasn't interested in the used one, but they kept harping on it. I just wanted to give this salesman the commission after he worked with us. We offered them a price of $34,270 (not OTD) for the new one and they said there is no way they could do that. :surprise: We ended up walking out.

I got a quote a couple days ago from another dealer for $35K OTD, I think we are going to go there instead.
    for a Navi or non-Navi?
    Navi
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    You can do much better. For a brand new 05 TL/Navi/AT, I received an initial quote of $32,800, and that includes destination and pro pack. The price is not bad, but the dealership is in central New Jersey, which is about 20 miles away. I am looking around the dealerships closer to home.
    OTD for 35,000 for a Navi is an excellent deal! :shades:
  • happytlhappytl Member Posts: 17
    My experience with Santa Monica Acura has always been good I have bought 5 Acuras and have refers many people there.
  • udaykudayk Member Posts: 4
    Bought mine from acura of libertyville. Internet salesperson gave a quote(32,400)
    last month during memorial day time but didnt have mine-Red/ebony auto with Navi. Had it ordered and got delivered yesterday. But still went ahead and matched price. As financing was quoted @ 4.8 I ended up using my bank that gave me 3.99. They were very professional and quick as most of the deal was done on the phone(I live in IN 60 miles from the dealer)

Break up : $32,500 that included the Protection package,$55 for doc fee and$20 for temporary permit---doesnt include my 6% taxes.

Thanks for the info posted by the forum members as it got rid of most of the headaches from the buying process.
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    Golferhere...regarding your posting #3568: I am starting my search for a TL. Could you please share where were you quoted $30,200 for a non-nav TL in So Calif?

Everyone: A quote I received a few weeks back was for $31,395 (including destination). What are everyone's thoughts on that pricing?

Thanks.
  • acuratlx2acuratlx2 Member Posts: 1
    Just to keep you guys informed,

Bought my second TL, 2005 Ant/Ebony w/Navi, May 20th from Acura of Orange Park for $35,400 OTD with no haggling at all.

$32,600
    $499 dealer
    6++% Florida/County Taxes/ title fees
    +Mud flap
    +Wheel locks
    They will worked with me and it was a seamless deal. I wrote a check and drove off the lot in about 1 hour.

x2
  • acuranewbieacuranewbie Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, a newbie here with his first Acura product. We just purchased our first TL '05 auto silver with black interior from a dealer here in Canada.
    $37400.00
    no admin.
    I'm curious to see how that equates to other Canucks.
    Cheers
    same here jun, bought my new silver TL in San Francisco last month and it is a wonderful car. Enjoy your new, pretty, ride! :shades:
  • bda1947bda1947 Member Posts: 20
    The only thing Santa Monica Acura is good for is getting a shopping number. I've bought 2 Acura's at Keyes and both time's Santa Monica gave me a number that when I went to buy, they changed it all up on me and on top of that, didn't even have the car they said they did... Keyes honored their number, and were very agreeable...both times.
  • superdudesuperdude Member Posts: 1
    I've only seen one other mention of a Kansas City experience in here, so I wanted to let others know what to expect. I bought my Abyss Blue, non-navi two weeks ago. I first went to Jay Wolfe and from this website I was able to tell them of the prices that others had paid in the midwest, and told them that a fair price on a non-navi was $31,200. I then played games with them for nearly a week and they would only come down to $32,300. I then called Superior Acura (also in Kansas City) and told them I wanted it at $31,200, they said okay and I went and bought it that night with no extra gimmicks or games. The whole thing took a little over an hour. This was by far the best car buying experience I've ever had, and this is easily the best car that I've ever had.

PS - I just got a cell phone with blue tooth in it and highly recommend that for anyone with this car. It works great!
  • drcohendrcohen Member Posts: 20
    I purchased my TL at Keyes after attempting to deal with S.Bay, SM, Cerritos. I had a trade in and of course they would all try to make up some money out of that. Forget it...

Keyes was corteous, professional, reasonable and I like their style. But in the end It was their numbers on both sides that won the day.

I would recommend them to anyone. But as usual, the buyer must be prepared, informed and flexible. And be ready to walk out with or without the car.

Oh yes, and don't forget to have fun..laugh at them..it really disarms them and its good for you.

I found that some dealers point you to administrators who are merely message handlers and offer no real solutions. Others want to bargain till the end of the month and then show flexibility and willingness to offer a "fair" deal. While with others I wondered how in the h*$# they make any money at all.

Just when things begin to work, you buy the car and then unplug from the process for another 2-4 years.......and start the again....go figure.

Life is Good, David
  • kradogkradog Member Posts: 10
    Purchased TL w/Navi 6spd recently from Acura of Orange Park and had a great experience. Internet manager even picked me up at the airport in my new car ! I would recommend any out of town buyers to consider this dealership and factor in the price of your plane ticket as part of the deal as the fun begins as you drive your car home. I was in dealership about 30 minutes to pay for car and then on my way. ( $33k +TTL including protection package)
    DELMAR1-- I got that price from Acura of Glendale, which is in an eastern suburb of L.A. ......They are a small dealership, but everything was quick and easy. I picked out just what I wanted ahead of time, and I was there for about an hour, including around the block test-drive. I would think that they would meet you at the airport if you are coming from out of town.......There were no destination charges, just Tax, Licence, and two other small (@ $45 +$8) fees......Hope this helps, and good luck.....
  • xdcxdc Member Posts: 12
    Goherhere:

Is the price also include the protection package?

TIA

XD
    It did not include the pro package, but for an extra $300 ($30,500 total selling price), they were able to include the pro package and the deck lid spoiler (The other one makes the back of the car too tall!)........Out the door price was $33,1xx.........
  • metanamemetaname Member Posts: 6
    Just recently negotiated a deal with one of the acura dealers for 2005 TL with NAVI
    for $32,300 with splash guards; price includes destination charge, but no doc fee and taxes.
  • gopanthersgopanthers Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like a really good deal. Where and what dealership did you negotiate that price with?
  • kaushikgkaushikg Member Posts: 26
    Hi,

I am interested in buying a TL with NAV preferably in Manual. The dealers so far have come down to 33300 with destination charges included. My query is whether this is the price people are paying in this area. I am relocating from MD and the price is usually 500 less, so this price looks a bit stiff.

Now can anyone with experience buying in the Austin belt give me a detailed price break up on a TL. Also any recommendation on any particular dealer.

Valuable inputs will be really appreciated.

Thanks
    That's an excellent deal.

The other one makes the back of the car too tall!)........

I got the wing spoiler because I thought the rear looked weak without it, and my wife likes it. ;)
  • minneapolistlminneapolistl Member Posts: 1
    Last week I purchased a used 2004 TL, non-NAV, automatic, 15,500 miles, Deep Green Pearl with Camel interior, trunk lid spoiler, all-weather mats, splash guards, and spotless for $26,700 from a BMW dealer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, who took the TL and a BMW M3 on trade for a new M3.

I found the car online on AutoTrader and, even though I live in Minneapolis, it was well worth the five hour trip since I the best I could do on the same new 2005 without any extras was about $31,600 including destination.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the extra five grand...
  • metanamemetaname Member Posts: 6
    That's in Boston Area where I got the deal.
  • yerlesyerles Member Posts: 3
    What were the doc fee's?
  • mytlmytl Member Posts: 5
    What was the dealership name you got the deal from??
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    I've seen prices in the Dallas region ranging from $32,500-$33,500. The manual is usually more expensive as its more popular, IMO.

Good luck.
  • kaushikgkaushikg Member Posts: 26
    So did you buy a TL already and if so for how much. I have seen some dealers in the Dallas area charging a special $200 fee saying it is some additional fee for Dallas area.
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    I bought a TL w/nav for $33,500 plus TT&L. I stuck with this dealer as he gave me the best trade-in on my old car. During my emailing for quotes, I received the lowest offer of $32,200 plus TT&L but it was for only cars on the lot and had to be before the end of the month (it was the 30th currently)...

I don't remember anything about a $200 fee. I would solicit bids for total price including all fees EXCEPT TT&L. That way, you don't get confusing quotes comparing apples to oranges...
  • mlrtexasmlrtexas Member Posts: 8
    Who was the dealer that was offering the Nav at $32,200 plus TTL?

Lowest prices I have been quoted are $33,200 (incl dest) at Champion Acura in Houston. Non nav is at $31,200.