Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chejo28chejo28 Member Posts: 34
    thanks for your opinion harrybush00. what you're saying makes sense and somebody from a dealership we talked to actually said the same thing to us but in the end we just went for it. :)
  • unipureunipure Member Posts: 7
    We bought a Nighthawk Black Exterior/Ebony Interior without Navi from Acura of Concord. We got it for $34,000 out the door, with protection package already installed which includes door and fender edge guards, trunk tray, wheel locks and mud guards. Base price was 31.3K including protection package
  • jfciii70jfciii70 Member Posts: 17
    3.99 %. Was that through honda finance? Only one Acura dealership here in the Dallas area is advertising and it is 4.49 %.

Thanks
  • reelfun1reelfun1 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased an amethyst metallic/ebony interior 06 TL last week from Acura of Orange Park. It came with wheel locks, mud guards, and floor mats. Charged invoice $30,999 including destination charge + $500 + TTL. Got out the door in FL for 33,560. I might have gotten this a little cheaper by putting in a little more time, but be advised...if you're reading this forum, you're doing the right thing. This car looks fantastic. It's a real headturner, and the handling reminds me of my old Supra, only with more luxury.
  • newtl2newtl2 Member Posts: 3
    acura dealers here in st. louis are advertising 4.49 until 30 nov. - but I heard a rumor that acura may do something like 2.99 after christmas...?
    Yes, it was thru Honda Finance.
  • deziidezii Member Posts: 1
    go to the vandergriff acura in arlington off of 20 behind fry's electronics near parks mall...thats where i got my 2006 Acura TL this week and it is great without navi(kinda sucks but still) i got it for about 31,500 so with navi and A-spec youde be sure to get a phat deal
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    I bought my '05 TL last Xmas time. AHFC was offering 2.9% for up to 60 months through the first week in January, if I remember. Funny thing was, both Boston area dealers I shopped were unaware of the 2.9%. They had to go to the Honda website while I was there to confirm! I took the financing for 48 months.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• pmarchpmarch Member Posts: 2
    Just so you know my not-so-happy ending...The price $32200 was for a 2005, I found out. I went to a couple other dealers and am getting a 2006 for $33500.
  • podrespodres Member Posts: 58
    Good move. Although the cars are essentially the same, their values are not. The 2005 should be at least $1,800 less than the 06, or $31,700.
  • jrock123jrock123 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a pre-owned 2005 TL (No Navi) from an Acura dealer (No. Cal.) It had 10k miles on it, and I paid $29,400.

is that a good price? I thought it was fair at the time...but some how I still feel like I got taken. any feed back will be appreciated.
  • localsdlocalsd Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info chejo28!

I wanted to get the A-Spec kit too but might get it later if/when I can afford it. Anyway, congrats on the car! Hopefully I'll be driving a new TL soon too! :D
  • al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    i have checked honda's website about financing..do you have to fill out application to get actual rates and when they are in effect or is there a link to obtain specific rates and when they are available
  • mvc_jonesmvc_jones Member Posts: 88
    Is this the out the door price or the price with tax, title, license, doc, fees, etc...?

If it is the OTD price, it is probably ok. If it is the price before TTL and fees, you probably could have gotten a brand new one for this price.

As your purchase is done, I would not worry about it, as worrying will do nothing but spoil your enjoyment. Enjoy the car.

I got mine in 10/05 (could have waited until 12/05 but due to baby being due, wanted to get this done early).

Got new NAVI with tint, mud flaps, all season mats, wheel locks and body side molding for $32,100 before TTL. Waiting might have saved me about $1k but not worth it in this situation, particularly with AHFC 1.9% financing.
  • jfciii70jfciii70 Member Posts: 17
    Where on Honda's website did you find this last year? I have been on both Acura's and Honda's website and they are not even advertising the 4.49% until 11/30 deal. :confuse:
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Ditto what MVC said. I agree its probably not the greatest price, but not the worst either. Enjoy the car and have fun driving!
    thanks localsd! the A-Spec really is worth it because it has the look of luxury and sporty as well. i hope you get your TL soon too! :)
  • roar1roar1 Member Posts: 193
    I'm interested in an '06 with nav and spoilers. Specifically, the front spoiler, the side underbody spoilers and the small decklid spoiler. ( NOT the wing).
    A local dealer wants $1725 for this particular spoiler package alone. How does this sound?? I'm in the mid-Atlantic area (fwiw).
  • roar1roar1 Member Posts: 193
    Be aware that part of the A-spec. package involves the installation of high performance, high friction ( high wear) brake pads. You may need to replace these pads every 20,000 miles or so. :cry::cry:

ps. Lexus recommends replacing the hi-friction brake pads on the new IS 350 every 20,000 mi.
  • starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    Is the navigation really worth it? Last year I bought a $800 portible navigation system. It is helpful I don't use it much but when I do it really helps.

So is the nav really worth it if I got this portible one? I spent $800 on this though.
    I personally really like it. Granted, I use it at best once a month, but when I do, I am very glad I have it. I'm sure your portable one is good, but unless you take it with you always, you will likely be somewhere where it is needed and you've left it at home. The beauty of being able to drive and just listen to the directions rather than fumbling around with a map or arguing with the wife is priceless IMO.

But that's just me... its certainly not ESSENTIAL. OTOH, most people on this forum have had regrets over what they could have gotten but chose to NOT get at the time to save small amounts of cash (relative to the car). I've rarely heard someone complain that they wish they had NOT gotten something...
  • theorphantheorphan Member Posts: 6
    Anybody hear of dealerships forcing customers to apply for Honda Credit financing even if the customer is pre-approved for financing through a credit union? The credit union was closed and the dealership wanted to have backup financing in place in case the credit union letter was a forgery or the financing somehow fell through. A $6,000 downpayment was made with American Express. This is pathetic. This happended to my brother this evening. He didn't even know that he was applying for credit. The dealer told him that the information was necessary so they could find his credit application easier in the morning. I was sitting next to my brother and explded when the manager told me what had happened. There are explicit laws in my state that forbid credit checks without prior consent from the customer. So if my brother's financing somehow falls through (it won't) the Acura dealer can fall back on the Honda financing they creatively had him apply for. Nice to know that Acura had a 4.49% rate through 11/30, my brother was quoted a rate of 8.9% after the dealer obtain approval from Honda. This is a joke, you expect this from a used car lot but not Acura which likes to compare itself to BMW and Lexus. A truly classless act. My attorney general will be hearing from me on my brother's behalf.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Did he take delivery of the car? Not too many dealers are going to let you have their $35K car for a $6K credit card payment, without some type of surety that the car will be paid for..

This is normal operating procedure at most dealerships...

You know your brother's credit is good... but, how do they know it?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If I were the dealer I would not give a car up for plastic and a piece of paper. Why didnt your brother wait until the next day? How did the dealer "force" your brother to apply to Honda credit? If you complain to the Attorney General it will get filed in the trash.
  • zeakzeak Member Posts: 24
    I have a 05 TL/NAV and have never regretted the decision. I just got back from a trip to Chicago and it was a life saver. The carry on Nav systems look awful cheap sticking on the windshield or dash of a $36K automobile.
  • 4leighlee4leighlee Member Posts: 1
    Just surfing the web and stumbled on this site which has some really great information. I've recently begun to get quotes on an '06 TL 6sp with Navi in Nighthawk Black over Camel. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many around in this color combination in the DC/MD/VA area. Most dealers seem to perfer to sell what they have in stock rather than negotiate on a car they will have to order. I did get one quote which is as follows:

$33,820 (includes $615 dest, wheel locks, wood shift knob)
    403 - Deck lid
    112 - all weather floor mats
    101 - splash guards
    86 - trunk tray

Car plus options is $34522 + TTL and $245 :cry: processing fee for an OTD price of $36710.

This seems a bit high. The dealer tells me this combination is rare. Does this sound like a good deal or am I paying a premium for this combination not being readily available? I'd like to get the vehicle down to $34K including the options. Also, can consumers opt to go to the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) directly to pay the TTL on the vehicle. The dealer says the $245 processing fee is used to process the paperwork through the MVA. I live 5 minutes from the MVA. It won't cost me $245 to register the car, pay the taxes and get the license plates.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    So what you're paying is $34,800 roughly plus TT&L? That's not that great...not terrible, but certainly people are getting theirs for prices in the mid $33's based on recent posts. Most dealers throw in the performance package free so I wouldn't make this a deal-breaker.

Dealers of course prefer to sell what they have on hand as they are paying for the space and taxes, but they will order you whichever combo you want if you insist. This should not increase your price at all as it is no extra expense to them. Be sure to send out emails to all the nearby dealerships to get bids and then pick the top 3 or 4 and make contact and work on getting the best price from the dealer you feel most comfortable with.

Good luck.
  • bigrabbit1bigrabbit1 Member Posts: 4
    I was offered invoice + $500 on 2006. Goodson Acura has good deals.
  • rock11rock11 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up mine last week from Rothensal for 33000+TTL.
    I think it's a pretty fair deal. A few weeks ago, they did
    not want to below 39000. The process was painless.
    previous posts have mentioned 4.49% APR thru honda by 11/30. i have searched the website and have seen nothing printed,how do you find out about special fiancing available thru years end?? looking for 48 month figures..Must you fill out on line application to get rate?
  • ckigginsckiggins Member Posts: 68
    I found out about it through a local dealer - Superior Acura in Overland Park, KS. It was on their "specials page" until yesterday. It said you had to qualify for AHFC's top two credit tiers.
  • suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    Well just about an hour ago, my sister and I went to the Acura dealership and were asking $36K for a 2006 5 Speed Auto/Nav Blk/Blk with rear lip spoiler and a whole bunch of accessories also diffrent wheels (Really Nice). Well we were able to negotiate it for $29K we told them that we would think about it and come back tomorrow. Well I was thinking it was a good deal just wanted to know what any of you guys think! By the way I'm located in Los Angeles! THANKS!
  • theorphantheorphan Member Posts: 6
    Yes, he took delivery of the vehicle. If the dealer explained that he must have credit in place before taking delivery of the vehicle and properly disclosed that he was filling out a credit application it would not have been an issue. We could have come back the next day with a check from the credit union. The salesman said he was filling out paperwork so that his credit union could find his application. Without this information they would not be able to process his credit union paperwork. My brother was filling out a Honda credit application and asking why they needed the detailed information.

Now put yourself in the shoe's of my brother. He doesn't buy a car every year. I suspect most of the posters here do not have college degrees, mortagages or a steady source of income. Most people live well above their means. Most people don't realize that American Express has no credit limit and if the dealership wanted to they could put the full amount on his AMEX card.

By the way, the car had Navigation but no Navi disc. They're still looking for it. It also had the protection package but the door edge guards were missing. The edge guards need to be installed.

Credit checks count against your credit score. I realize most people have terrible credit anyway, but to those that don't (me) this is intrusive and must be fully disclosed. Without laws we would have anarachy.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    What matters is how much you actualy purchase the car for not the quoted price. 29K for a NEW 06 TL w nav wont happen anyways.
    That is a ridiculous price. It would be unheard of even if it was an '05 and without nav. Something is fishy! :confuse:
  • podrespodres Member Posts: 58
    Agree. I believe the fancy wheels are a $1,900 option. The price is crazy.
    i agree with everyone...it does sound fishy. that's below invoice and i find it hard to believe they will give you that price with navi and diff wheels! (navi system is addtl $1821) maybe you should verify the otd price before you decide anything. i'm from socal too and i just got my tl recently from Acura of Glendale. where is this dealership you went to?
  • hostage46hostage46 Member Posts: 6
    Just got an email quote for 35,350 OTD in Dallas.

Getting more details....
  • humazhumaz Member Posts: 1
    Rock11 -- Sounds like you got a good deal. How did you get them to come down? I'm currently talking to the same dealership. They have quoted me $34,440. Invoice is $32,205. Did your price of $33 include the destination charge, which I'm told is already built into the invoice?

Thanks.
  • acurainternetacurainternet Member Posts: 7
    I am an Acura internet sales manager and for that price I will send a transport or two and just buy out all their inventory since that is less than an exclusive dealer agreement will allow us to buy direct from Acura. What a great Deal!!!

I smell a whole lot of fish!! :P
  • aaron_miaaron_mi Member Posts: 12
    In the market for a 2006 TL w/Navi. I also wanted the rear wing spoiler, moonroof deflector and Mats/Locks/Rear tray package priced separately.

First offer from a local dealer (plus Tax,title,license):
    $32,900 2005 Acura TL with Navigation System
    $33,800 2006 Acura TL with Navigation System
    $34,550 with the above accessories on the 2006.(750 which is reasonable)

He said the only difference for the 2006 TL is the addition of the tire pressure monitoring system, blue backlighting for the radio, HVAC display and clock along with a $250 price increase.

I checked with a dealer in NJ that had a great deal (non-navi) for a 2006 on ebay (new, it's still there) and asked them about Navi models. They had all 3 of my color combinations that I would accept. They offered me the car at $34,000 and also threw in mudguards. I think it's a decent deal(?). But an 11 hour drive. :(

Chicago is only 4 hours so maybe I will check Rizzo and Napleton as mentioned by a couple other forum members.
    I am getting a 2006 TL with Navigation Next week at either Goodson or Vandergriff.

I was quoted $33,150 at one and $33,550 at the other.

Question is do you think they will even go down a little further? I can't spend anymore then $35K even with TT&L.
    Is that on a 2005 or 2006 with or without navigation and which dealer?
    If that's the case, you have to get the car for less than $32,400. Not going to happen for a TL w/nav. You may have to lose the nav or pay over $35K...

Anyway, your price quotes otherwise are quite good for the '06 TL w/nav.

Good luck. I bought from Goodson and was pleased with the experience.
  • jpb571111jpb571111 Member Posts: 3
    I JUST PICKED UP A 06 TL NON NAVI FOR 31,500+ DESTINATION & TTL. THEY THREW IN THE TRUNK TRAY, WHEEL LOCKS, AND MUD FLAPS. I FIGURE I WAS ABOUT $1,200 OVER INVOICE. I GOT FINANCING AT 5.64% WITH HONDA. HONDA BEAT BOTH MY CREDIT UNIONS...LOOKING TO SEE IF I GOT A GOOD DEAL. KEYES WAS PRETTY EASY TO DEAL WITH.

JB
    how did you get honda financing with that percentage?did you pre qualify on the website or did the dealer offer it to you..what is the term of the loan
  • flyguy70flyguy70 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up a 2006 Acura TL MT w/Nav.

Apparently I should have looked at this site before purchasing since the price I got was over what everyone else is quoting. Oh well, there's always the stupid guy that pays too much, and today he's me.

So, as embarassing as it is to post this after reading all the lower prices, my price, including destination charge, but before tax/title/licensing was: $33,800.

And that's without any extras. I plan to go back to get the iPod connector installed as soon as they get it in stock.

This was from Pauly Acura, north of Chicago.

Anyway, great car, even though I paid a good $500+ over what the rest of you paid.

The short clutch is still giving me a little trouble, but once I get totally acclimated to it I think it really will be convenient to not have to move the left foot very far while shifting. Until then, you'll recognize me on the road by the nose that keeps dipping due to messy shifts ;)
    The dealer offered it to me. I checked other banks when I got home and I think I got a pretty good deal. They said Honda was running a special.
    oops the term of the loan was 60 months
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    .. **Well just about an hour ago, my sister and I went to the Acura dealership and were asking $36K for a 2006 5 Speed Auto/Nav Blk/Blk with rear lip spoiler and a whole bunch of accessories also diffrent wheels (Really Nice). Well we were able to negotiate it for $29K we told them that we would think about it and come back tomorrow..**

====

Did they tell ya what month the body shop would be done with it .....?

Terry.