Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mageshmagesh Member Posts: 33
    That is a great price for an 06 TL with NAV. I got mine a week back (in Portland, OR) for $32.5 with the pro pack (mud guard, wheel locks, etc plus, the door edge guards too.) Had to pay 'more' because they had to do a dealer trade. But I got the color that I wanted - Black/Parchment.

You could 'bait' the other dealers by using this quote as well and see if they will come down. But then again, it will depend on how many dealers are in ur neighbourhood, how fast u need to buy the car, color choices, customer service level, etc ...

Good luck & Happy (s)miles.
    M
  • suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    Thanks for your input, yeah I thought too that this was a great price, another dealership said "we can do better" I am going to try to get it for $31,500.00 with taxes and such. What ever is left over my sister will use it for clear bra and rims, but I told her she will buy me an Xbox-360! hehehe :P Should she get an extended warrenty, since I believe she will have it for at least 6 yrs! Since her previous car was a 98' Honda Civic LX sedan.

Thanks
    Suave Tequila :)
    Just got more details on the Maxxgard Protection Systems (Sealant package).

It is for 7 years and is a paint protection and fabric, vinyl, leather protection for the interior surfaces of the vehicle. Cost $557/- & it is transferable too for $30/-.

It covers stains as a result of normal spills of water, coffee, sodas, milk, baby oil, lubricating oils or greasy products and/or if he leather/vinyl interior of the vehicle fades or discolors.

I was also assured that it does take care of the cracks in the leather & also takes care of the floor mats.

I do have two kids who will be shuttled in between their games etc ... Living in rainy NW and the probability that they tend to carry drinks, cookies, etc ... into the car, this 'insurance' sounds like a good deal. But then I have never purchased an extended warranty before. And with this new 'fine' car, I don't want take chances since it is a keeper for atleast 5 to 7 years. And I have never kept a car for more than 2 years to know about leather cracking either. (Am beginning to see some of it on the Ford Expedition though after 3 years.)

Help,
    M
    On the extended warranty, I'm in the same boat as you. :confuse: Hence if you find something let me know.

G'luck,
    M
  • paulrazpaulraz Member Posts: 5
    Hey suave what area/dealers are you shopping? I have just started in SoCal area and lowest first round of offers is 32,300.
    Heres the places:
    Valencia
    Torrance
    Van Nuys

Valencia= gaved me an auto email respond but no quote yet!
    (Too Bad, I live in Valencia! :sick:)

Torrance= They were the 1st to offer the $32,180 (I believe) and that was that!
    (Cool people but a little to far away from Valencia)

Van Nuys= They wrote back saying " We can do better than $32,180.00" I hope they throw in 2 yrs XM radio, and lip spoiler!
    (Probably will buy the Acura TL from them)

Hey you should go to Van Nuys this Saturday afternoon since thats the day my sister and I will buy the TL and probably you can buy one for the same price! :)

Suave Tequila
    For Sure, When I go this Saturday I'll ask for prices for a 10yr plan, and post it here!

Oh BTW, Everyone should go out and buy an Acura since they are having deals on lease and finance.

Sister is putting $7000.00 down payment,5 yrs/60 months at a 4.9% APR but she will pay it all off with-in 2.5 yrs or so!

• tacobandittacobandit Member Posts: 1
    AutoWest Acura in San Jose sold me a Silver TL manual transmission +NAVI for 32,319 + $45 doc fee. No trade-in profit. No financing profit. No extras. If you don't count the doc fee that's $501 below invoice. This was a smooth no haggle deal. I called them up and asked them for their unbeatable price, this is what they quoted me with 0 negotiation. Went down and purchased it painlessly. This is how cars should be sold. I recommend this dealership. :D
  • dustfreevinyldustfreevinyl Member Posts: 2
    I just got my car a couple of weeks ago from Santa Monica Acura and paid $32.3K. OTD was a little over $35.
  • gregbradygregbrady Member Posts: 5
    I played the internet game and emailed every dealer from SJ to Sac, most started at 30,900 for non navi AT 06 TL, so I switched and asked them to quote it out the door instead. East Bay dealers were most aggressive, Oakland, Concord and Fairfield all want to make a deal. Best one I have now is for 32,700 out the door with trunk tray and some wheel lock BS. Plus they'll bring it to my house so i never have to leave. Does this sound like a good price for up here or should i keep holding out?
    For a non-Nav Acura TL?? Hey I got $32,189 for a TL w/ Nav, hey just shop at So Cal and get a better deal, hey who cares if its 300+ miles form Sac to LA hey you'll save over $1000+ though! :D

out the door?? tax and everything included? if so i will do!
    Oh to tell you the truth, I am going this Saturday to buy it, (well my sister) and I told them EVERY LITTLE TAXES for that price or better!

Go to Keyes Acura of Van Nuys, I recommend them!

Suave Tequila

P.S
    I will for sure tell you (or everyone) how much I (well my sister) paid for it on Saturday afternoon!
    Brady and Suave you guys are comparing apples and oranges. Brady is using a price with taxes and Suave isn't and Brady's car is w/o navi and Suave is.

Suave if you buy for $32,189 in Van Nuys you will have to pay $2,655.60 in sales tax (8.125%)plus license/registration.
    so 32,600 non navi out the door sounds good -- do u guys think i should hold out for a better price? seems pretty good; after forwarding one dealer's quote to the other, when we get below 33k out the door some started dropping off. Fairfield and Oakland were the best, will go with Oakland since they are bringing the car to me..image..
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    I got mine a week back (in Portland, OR) for $32.5 with the pro pack (mud guard, wheel locks, etc plus, the door edge guards too.)

on the door edge trim, are are those plastic? How do they look? I know they are color matched, but haven't seen them on any cars to know if I would like them or not.

The body side molding I'm leaning to, but unsure on the door edge trim I know some people think these things spoil the lines of the car but it's all personal preference.
    When I go this Saturday I'll ask for prices for a 10yr plan, and post it here!

Just make sure you're getting an Acura warranty and not a 3rd party one. The longest Acura ones Ive seen priced online is for an 8yr/120K $0 deduct for $1515. The 8/100K was $1265
    just pulled the trigger 32k out the door and they threw in the trunk thing, wheel locks and mudguards. useful at the moment as it's p*ssing rain in northern Cali.
  • dr_gdr_g Member Posts: 21
    Sweet, just bought my Anthracite/Ebony 5A w/ NAV yesterday! Cost me almost double the price of my first new car but I think I got a good deal. Socalhelp posted that he got a TL with the protection package (Mud Flaps, Wheel Locks, Trunk Mat) for $31,700 plus taxes, but the lowest I could get my closer dealerships to go was $32 flat. I got quotes from all over SoCal including Torrance, Cerritos (city I live in), Downey, Santa Monica, and Alhambra.

I ended up buying from PlanetAcura in Downey since they're just down the street from me and the internet salesman was cool.

$32,000 (TL Auto w/ NAV plus protection package)
    $1080 (extended warranty 7/100K - we keep our cars for years)
    $45 doc fee
    $3xx CA DMV fees

$36,049.xx out the door - putting $3500 on credit card and check for the rest.

In SoCal you should be able to get $32K-$32.5K for a TL w/ NAV & protection package. I pushed for $31,900 but manager said no.

Could have probably got the car for $31.5 since I found out my co-worker is the physician for one of the local dealership owners, but PlanetAcura (Downey, CA) was nice to me w/o BS.

Ask for the internet sales guy and tell him the doc sent ya - you should get $32K w/o haggling.
    They are transparent door edge guards, plastic. For all the four of them. Plus the wheel liner thingie as well. The mud guards are seperate which came with the pro pack.

I did not have much say in it, since it was a dealer trade & the sales guy was saying I 'scored' a bit more than what I would have got from their own dealership. :P

M
    My ext warranty is 6 years/70K miles and cost me $695/- (all inclusive). I did check on the 7 yr and the price went up double.!!!!! :confuse:

I'm hoping to keep the car for anywhere b/n 4 to 5 years; but will most likely get rid of it before the 6th.

And I think for an add'l 2 years & 20K miles, paying 7K ($350/year) is not a bad idea. And it is an Acura contract and transferable without charge.

But I do have a Q: The dealer is trying to sell me the Maxxgard package. That I don't know if it is worth. :confuse: What do u folks think?

M
    But I do have a Q: The dealer is trying to sell me the Maxxgard package. That I don't know if it is worth. What do u folks think?

Personally, I would never consider purchasing any paint/fabric protection package from a dealer. Everything I've read indicates this is grossly marked up and generally no better than products you can purchase and apply yourself for a few bucks.
    Awesome. Looks to be a great price. :shades: It looks like the car cost you about $29.6K. Nice.

Congrats & welcome to the club. And if u ever decide to add the nav, check the acurazine.com site. One of the guys built out a 'car-puter' on his TL. Tons of info there.

Enjoy the ride. You'll like it. I know I'm and finding every friggin' excuse to ride this baby. With the music up LOUD. Heeee Hawwww ....

M
    >>But I do have a Q: The dealer is trying to sell me the Maxxgard package. That I don't know if it is worth. What do u folks think?

Personally, I would never consider purchasing any paint/fabric protection package from a dealer. Everything I've read indicates this is grossly marked up and generally no better than products you can purchase and apply yourself for a few bucks.

Yeah I read the same; but the conflict is the children who'll be riding in the car. We got to drop them to school, pick them up & they carry bags, their violin cases, soccer / b'ball stuff, etc ... Plus their drinks.!!!! All these days we used the Ford. And there a couple of stains, nothing major plus the driver seat is d'fntly showing signs of leather cracking after 3 years!!!. This paint/leather (fabric) package covers the cracking plus any other stuff. And this 'rare' privilege will cost me $560/- for 7 years & again this is transferable.

Sigh. Decisions. Decisions. :blush:
  • randy24grandy24g Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased my 2006 6MT TL w/Navi and the following options:

Body side molding
    Back up sensor & attachment
    Front underbody spoiler
    Side underbody spoiler
    Rear underbody spoiler
    Moonroof visor
    Deck lid spoiler
    Door edge trim

for $34,825 not including destination ($615) nor all the other B/S fees the dealer adds on. I did catch them over charging me for Title & Registration fees by $142 which I plan on getting back tomorrow when I take delivery.

This seems to be a problem in NJ. I'm going in armed with my research which includes a newspaper article and transcripts from 2 court cases that were recently settled (one involving my dealership). Hey $142 is $142. It's almost the cost of getting my windows tinted. :)
  • petomlinpetomlin Member Posts: 103
    randy24g

I live in NJ too. How did you know what the cost of title and registration should be? I keep coming up empty on this one.
    thanks
    paul
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    " Yeah I read the same; but the conflict is the children who'll be riding in the car. We got to drop them to school, pick them up & they carry bags, their violin cases, soccer / b'ball stuff, etc ... Plus their drinks.!!!! All these days we used the Ford. And there a couple of stains, nothing major plus the driver seat is d'fntly showing signs of leather cracking after 3 years!!!. This paint/leather (fabric) package covers the cracking plus any other stuff. And this 'rare' privilege will cost me $560/- for 7 years & again this is transferable. "

My only suggestion would be to read the fine print carefully and make sure it covers the items you listed.
  • alana106alana106 Member Posts: 11
    I have been considering purchasing a TL Auto W/Navigation, and live in St.Louis. It appears that locally we have only 2 dealers, St. Louis Acura, and Napelton. I received an internet price quote from St. Louis Acura at $34,187 OTD. Seemed pretty high to me. The only other dealer,(Napelton) apparently doesn't do internet sales. Would like to hear what others have paid. Also, if anyone has traveled from S. Louis, to find a better deal, I would appreciate hearing about this experience as well.

Thanks,
    Alan
  • buckeyebillbuckeyebill Member Posts: 14
    I have pretty much decided to buy a TL. I live in the Cleveland, OH area and there is only one dealer nearby-Acura of Cleveland. I was quoted $30,880 for a new 2005 TL w/o navigation, but including delivery (taxes not included in the calculation). With 6.25% taxes, this would be $32,810 out the door and it sounds like roughly 2,000 under invoice, but for a new 2005 still on the lot.

I intend to add side and rear spoilers and maybe a few other dealer add on's. But I have pretty much decided to go with the 2006 rather than the 2005 since there have been some adjustments made for torque steer.

My question-what price should I expect for the 2006 in the Cleveland area-it sounds like I might be getting a quote of $32,000 for the 2006 w/o navi-and is the NAVI worth the price in your opinion?
  • iwantatliwantatl Member Posts: 25
    St Louis Acura will come down to 33,587 with door edges, trunk tray, wheel locks, splash guards and doc fees. Wait till the end of the month. Just bought one 2 weeks ago.
    Edmunds quotes the retail price with delivery charges as 33,940 and 35,940 for a sedan without and with nav. I have just been quoted 31,588 and 33,588 respectively by a Cleveland dealership.This seems to be a competitive rate, but I have been unable to find anyone who has bought them in Cleveland/NE Ohio. Any thoughts from the group?
  • dallencatdallencat Member Posts: 28
    I've posted a couple of times about this with no luck. I'm thinking about at TL w/Nav. With Acura of Cleveland, Motorcars in Bedford and Park Acura in Akron, as well as several others within 100 miles, better deals should be had IMO.
    Thanks-love the car, but will go for the best price. My guess is that there is $5-600 still on the table-no one gives their best price on the 'net I think. I am dealing with the first two dealers you mentioned. I will probably go for the nav. package myself. About 32,900 for a TL with nav. sounds about right to me based on what this board has mentioned in various regions. Let's team up and see what leverage we get if we buy them together! I am only half joking here.
    I'm probably several weeks away from purchasing. Would love to hear how you do! $32,900 sounds much more reasonable. Some here have gotten into the low $32 range. Good luck!
    I will be meeting the salesman today for a test drive. Our problem is that Bedford and Acura of Cleveland know each other pretty well and neither of them is going to muck up market pricing to give a customer a deal. I will give it a whack, though. I would prefer the navigation system and the side and rear deck lid spoiler.
    You might try Park Acura in Akron. A friend of mine bought a CL there a few years ago and she thought they were great with which to deal. In any event, good luck and keep me posted!
  • alana106alana106 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks iwantatl,

I may be heading out to St. Louis Acura later today or tomorrow, and see what they have to say. I wish there was a way to know who you were dealing with out there. This forum, doesn't seem to provide any type of personal message, and it says your not allowed to post names.
    Appreciate you sharing your experience.
  • glenn386glenn386 Member Posts: 47
    You may be surprised at how much the dealers will compete with each other. The sales manager at one dealership can't really tell his boss well it's o.k. that we didn't sell the car...because the other Acura dealership in town got the sale.

We have only three dealerships in the MPLS-ST.PAUL area and two of them have the same ownership. Surprisingly, the third dealership wasn't nearly as competitive as the two with common ownership. I did every thing over the internet, and those two kept out-bidding each other until i got the price I wanted.

If you don't think you can pit one dealer against the other, make sure they know that they are competing against the Lexus IS and the Infiniti G35 The TL Must win the on the basis of "Value" (i.e. price) if they want to sell you.

If you are married, it helps if they understand the the wife just loves the IS 250. And of course, you thought the G35's brakes and tightness were incredible.

To them it should not be a choice of which one gets the sale, but rather an understanding that they get competitve or they both lose the sale.

Good Luck with you dealings
    Thanks to both of you for responding. My wife actually wants the 325xi for herself-I am buying two cars. She wants AWD because weather conditions are so bad where we live-primary snow belt.She wants me to also buy one to increase HER leverage on the BMW.

But I like the TL better-much better priced and more features-along with better performance-her 325xi does 7.7seconds, zero to sixty versus the 6.7-6.8 seconds for the automatic TL.

I will go to Akron to check things out. Thanks again. I will let you all know what I have found out.
  • fefefefe Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Could you please tell me what dealership you bought this vehicle at? It was for a 06 TL AT no navi - right? Could you give me the breakdown on all the costs as well?

Thank You
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    I got a price quote on a TL for a non NAV automatic car. It was $665.00 with taxes included for a 24 month lease. We are in Illinois, so the payment without taxes would be about $580-ish. I find this very high. When asking the dealer for all the figures, he said he did not have them. He claimed they we selling the car at $200.00 over invoice. How much should this car actullay cost.
    Last weekend I got internet quotes from 7 SoCal dealers for 2006 TL w/ navi. Lowest came in at $32,300. Followed up for second round of quotes and was able to get down to $31,900 from 3 dealers (Keyes Van Nuys, Santa Monica Acura, and South Bay Acura). They would not go lower than $31,900. Went with South Bay Acura as they are closest and threw in the Protection Package(trunk tray, mud guards, and wheel locks).

Final tally:
    2006 Black TL automatic with navi for $31,900 plus tax ($2635) and license ($278).

Our second car in last year via interent shopping. I will never deal with a floor sales guy again. If you do your homework ahead of time, this process cuts through all of the usual crap, and saves time and money.

Good luck to all of you.
  • shoplashopla Member Posts: 2
    I live in LA :shades: and purchased a 2006 Alabaster Silver TL w/Nav including wheel locks and mud flaps today for $31,500 + $45 doc fees + $2,900 TT&L. Went with 4 year, 3.9% Acura promo financing.

I emailed 3 dealerships Saturday at 1 am, received 3 quotes by 10 am, test drove the TL for the first time at 5 pm, had dinner, visited another another dealer at 7 pm, and TL parked in my garage by 10 pm.

Quotes received (I didn't mention color in my emails and no dealer seemed to care):
    1. Downey Acura: $32,500 (no wheel locks or mud flaps)
    2. Santa Monica Acura: $31,700 (w/mud flaps)
    3. Van Nuys Acura: $31,500 (w/mud flaps, wheel locks and a little negotiation over the phone)

I confirmed the price and color with Van Nuys over the phone before going to dealership. Car was available and priced as promised. Very smooth, no hassle transaction, although financing department was a little backed up causing a long wait. 2.5 hours at dealership including test drive and thorough new owner orientation.

I also highly recommend Santa Monica Acura. Very professional and low pressure. They probably would have matched or beat Van Nuy's price had I spent a little more time going back & forth between dealers.

Thanks to all the posters who helped me formulate my target price and resulted in this quick and easy purchase. :)
  • dr_gdr_g Member Posts: 21
    Nice price, you beat me by $400. I should have pitted the dealers against each other more but was tired of running around and lot of them were reluctant to give quotes over the phone.

Check out acurazine.com - there's going to be a SoCal meet on April 30th @ the block in Orange. http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335501&page=1&pp=25
  • brooklyn4brooklyn4 Member Posts: 3
    How does the $1000 Dealer Cash affect the purchase price of the car if I don't finance. Could I negotiate with the dealer for some or all of the $1000? Edmund's says that if you get 2.9 - 4.9 financing there is no dealer money. Beyond 4.9 they mention $1000.
  • indianmonkindianmonk Member Posts: 1
    Bought the 2006 TL without NAV on Friday in Virginia for $31927.49, including fees, tax etc. Got the 3.9% finance too. (Hope I paid a good price. Comments?)

I had the 2002 TL-TypeS with Nav for the last 5 years, which was declared a total loss after an accident I had last month. I test drove a lot of other cars and SUVs, but settled on the TL again; can't beat the TL's value for the price paid!

Any advice for a new owner, TL owners?

Had a great experience with the sales guy, very helpful.

Here's the breakdown.

Car - 30600
    Processing fee - 299.00
    Sales tax - 926.97
    Purchasers online system filing fee - 10.00
    New tags. Transfer. Temp. - 39.50
    Dealers. Biz. license tax - 52.02
    Buckeyebill, just checking to see if you had any luck. Thanks!
  • happytlhappytl Member Posts: 17
    Just received an email from Santa Monica they have gone to $31660.00 including mud guards and destination. Sounds like I will get it from them even though Keyes has quoted $31500.00 I have bought cars at Keyes in the past and got the bait and switch when I got there. My friend has purchased from Santa Monica and it was a simple transaction.
  • happytlhappytl Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the post I will be going to Santa Monica they quoted me $31660.00 including destination and mudguards and from what I see it's more than a fair deal and I have herd many good things about the General Sales Manager who handles the internet but can't say his Initials on the board :):)
  • dbr317dbr317 Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased a TL at Autowest Acura thru internet sales.
    $30,599 for the car. Taxes and fee will vary depend on your location. Also they have a special financing til May.
    2.9% for 3yrs, 3.9% for 4yrs, 4.9% for 5yrs. I got 2.9%

Just like to thank this discussion for helping me buy this car. I went to this dealer cuz someone else mention this dealer was good. They were right. The saleman was straightforward. Gave me an acutal price over the net unlike other internet dealers trying to lure you to come in. He was patient enough to explain the features of the car. I didn't have that treatment when I got my other car.