Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gradientechogradientecho Member Posts: 5
    There are a lot of numbers flying around here, but few of them are specifying EXACTLY what they represent. Do they include the $615 destination charge? It would also be helpful if you specified what the dealer is quoting for doc fees. You might as well add the doc fee to the price of the car before taxes, tags, and registration, as it is basically another part of the negotiation. The only things that are out of your control, are taxes, tags, registration, and destination charge.

Also, a suggestion for buyers who have the ability to pay 100% cash, assuming you have good credit, you may want to take advantage of Honda's 2.9% rate right now (ends 31 July). It's easy to find savings accounts or CD's that outperform this rate... My savings account, for example, is earning 5.12%. By financing 50% of the car, I will save over $2,000 over the 36 month loan term. Never overlook the power of creative financing! :)
  • spyderredspyderred Member Posts: 138
    Last Night, I just helped a friend close the deal on a brand new beautiful 2006 Acura TL automatic with NAV for $31,120. This price includes destination. They threw in the wheel locks and mud guards for free. Only additional fees were $45 doc fees, $8.75 tire waste disposal, $271 CA DMV, $28 DMV transfer fees + tax. Seems like a very good deal. They had all the colors available on the lot.

I had called a few dealers and received quotes over the phone and a couple of e-mails.
    Here are the quotes, all for TL auto w/ NAV:
    Tustin from two weeks ago was at 32,120
    Downey they were @ invoice first then matched Tustin 32,120
    Keys Acura 31,500
    Tustin last night $31,120

I am very surprised at the prices above and I also checked on an MDX as another friend maybe interested in getting one and I received a quote of $3,500 below invoice. Yes that is correct $3,500 BELOW INVOICE for a MDX Navi/RES.
    Wow. Seems like the dealers are very motivated in getting these vehicles off their lot in Southern California.

The only thing I couldn't get Tustin to match was the Acura Care extended warranty quote I received 8yrs/120k mi/zero ded for $1469

I guess we will have to get the Acura Care on-line. Any recommendations?

Spyderred
  • gradientechogradientecho Member Posts: 5
    Congratulations, that's an OUTSTANDING deal. Minus the $615 destination, that puts the car at $30,505, which is $1,700 below invoice ($32,205)!!! It is remarkable how quickly prices on this board have fallen over the past couple weeks. They must really be overstocked and motivated to move inventory. And as someone else said earlier, California appears to be making the most aggressive deals in the country.

$45 for a doc fee is nice to see, too. :shades:
  • dgenxdgenx Member Posts: 13
    Spyderred

Congratulations ! thas a great deal ... Just curious how much was your out of door price with tax? I guess if your address is in orange county tax might be 7.75%.
    Last night I received another quote from Acura 101 for TL/Nav for 39k (out of door). That price sounds to good to be true, but considering your sell it looks like dealers are going below invoice.

-DgenX
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    39K "too good to be true"?! That seems a little high to me...even with TT&L.
    My bad it was 34k and not 39k ....

DgenX
  • goatman02goatman02 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought from Tustin this weekend. Great place to do business. The hell with San Diego. Worth the drive to Irvine. Bottom line. I negotiated OTD price. I walked out with a Silver Acura with NAVI for 34,810. This includes the protection package, destination, etc.
    Once at dealership, I added chrome wheels for 900 bucks.
    I feel happy with my price but since reading the forum in the last day or two I am sure you can do better.
    Good luck
  • portoarportoar Member Posts: 14
    I have three quotes w/Navi in southern california: $31,486, $31,120, and $31,495. All include destination. the $31,120 quote excludes the pro-pack, the others include it. Tax is 7.75%. The rest averages around $323. Any one of these quotes seems acceptable to me, and it just comes down to who is closest to drive to and makes the purchase as painless as possible.

Where did you get your $31,200 price? did it include the propack?
    I got a quote from Tustin Acura for $31,120 incl destination but excl propack. All of my quotes have been in writing.

Weir Canyon offered $31486, Norm Reeves Mission Viejo offered $31,495. (both these include destination and propack).

Looking forward to buying mine this weekend . . .
  • wthiwwtwthiwwt Member Posts: 3
    gradientecho,

You need to consider taxes when you calculate your gain. If you assume a 40% effective tax rate (could be high depending on your income, etc.) a 5% Annual Yield on an investment turns into a 3% return; Still better than the 1.9% finance rate, but not as good as you are calculating.
  • tlwannabetlwannabe Member Posts: 7
    I live in Dallas, TX and I just received an offer for an '06 TL w/ nav for $32,450. This price includes window tint, wheel locks and theft guard. He told me that his boss said to bring him any deal I want and he would take it to his boss and see what he says, no matter how ridiculous I think the offer is. How low do you think I should try to go on this deal? I'm planning on leasing the vehicle, but I'm trying to get the price down first.
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    That's an outstanding price for Dallas, trust me...

I'd consider offering $1000 less, have him take it to his boss, and then accept whatever counter offer they give.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck.
    What is included in pro pack? I know destination charge in cali. is $615 ... I m buying mine this weekend too ... still undecided how much I will be paying.
    -DgenX
  • bob289bob289 Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys dont forget about Santa Monica Acura. Its a small place but over all I got an 06 TL w/nav, pro package, back up sensor, and i-pod connector for an amazing 32,765 +TTL. you guys should check em out. I was in and out in about hour and a half. not a bad deal IMO. Happy TL hunting.
  • born2play123born2play123 Member Posts: 1
    Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to this site. I live in New Mexico where there is only one Acura dealership. I seem to be having difficulty obtaining Internet quotes even after trying cars.com and cardirect. Any suggestions?

Is it correct to assume that out of state dealerships will give me a quote?

Tried to negotiate with the dealership here in town. They wouldn't even talk to me about any price for the TL w/o navi for a price under 31K (and this is without any options! etc.) HELP!
    Thanks
  • jbl8jbl8 Member Posts: 40
    The best NJ Acura TL quote is around 29500.
    Folks here are talking something more than that. I don't think you have to pay that much. Please post your best deals, be sure to mention dest. charge ;);)
  • chaz87chaz87 Member Posts: 11
    Your best bet is to go to the www.acura web site which has links to dealerships in your location based on you zipcode. The links will take you to the dealers web site. Once there, you can view the new TL inventory and request an e-mail quote from the dealer. Don't use a middleman, go straight to the source - the internet manager. I live in Houston and I used this approach to get quotes from dealers in Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio.
    jbl
    You got a quote for TL with Nav for 29500 which includes destination charge? Thas unbelievable price
  • gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    Can you share the name of the dealership which provided this quote?
  • raiderjuanraiderjuan Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I purchased my Silver Acura TL for $31,495 w/Navigation and Propack. I was going to get it for $31,795 w/Ipod Music Link but I declined as I have heard that it is not good. Power Acura
  • roscoe5roscoe5 Member Posts: 2
    Hello --- I have a quote in Dallas for $32,920 that includes the following: TL w/ Nav, protection package, body side molding, window tint, and destination charges. Anyone seen better prices in the D/FW area?
  • dgrazdadgrazda Member Posts: 18
    I have been tracking TL prices over the past month on this board and with SoCal Dealers...clearly they are dropping...today I found out why. Apparently, Acura has provided a $1k incentive to buyers that they are not advertising...not sure why but check for yourself by talking with the internet dealers when you call. The last 2 I spoke with admitted it. Based on prices prior to the incentive (started in the past week or so) and now...I beleive that the price to beat for a TL with Nav, without propack, including destination is $30,500...though I would bite at 30800. Santa Monica Acura was at 31.5 prior to the cash incentive. I believe they are battling with Tustin for SoCal bragging rights...great time to be a buyer
  • mikejones1mikejones1 Member Posts: 21
    Just made the deal.

Includes destination, pro pack(wheel locks, trunk tray, mud guards) and dealer fees.

Special finance deal ends July 31.

Contact me if you are interested.
  • boikoboiko Member Posts: 82
    Has anyone else heard anything about a 1K incentive for the TL. MDX and RL maybe, but TL I don't know...hope I'm wrong.
    Yes its true.

There is a $1000 Acura to dealer incentive going on right now. I'm taking advantage of this in my deal.

Springfield Acura in NJ is advertising it. But I got the same savings in Ohio.

www.springfieldacura.com Click on Vehicle Showroom and then click savings certificate.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    2006 TL Auto w/Nav

Edmunds TMV...$33864 (Los Angeles)

Recent quotes...$30500 - $31000

How can they be so far off?
  • cathy10cathy10 Member Posts: 1
    Interested in buying a TL also. It seems as though you got a great deal. Please tell me more so that I may take advantage as well. I'm located in Michigan...but would have no problem driving to and buying in Cleveland area if that is where the deal is located.
    I just got mine today, Silver/Quartz w/Navi, and paid $31,495 from Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad. Had a great buying experience with them and would highly recommend them to anyone in So Cal.
    Consider yourself lucky for stumbling upon this forum. The TMV includes the poor saps willing to take the dealerships word that the price they are offering can't be beat. I believe it is an average of all the reported car purchases (not just what is listed here on Edmunds). My local dealer said I was basically a fool to believe the prices posted here and that people are just BS'ing trying to make everyone else think that they got a better deal then what they actually paid for the car. I told him to call up one of the dealerships supposedly giving the low price. He was quickly humbled after hearing the price from their internet manager. His comback.. Do you really want to go through the hassle to purchase the car from them? I said to save $1500 dollars off your price... Hell yeah!

The best was when he started bragging about how buying a car from him entitled you to a free loaner, car washes and starbucks coffee everytime you come in for servicing. I responded so on one hand you're telling me that an Acura is one of the most reliable cars on the road but that I'll be at the dealership constantly bringing in my Acura for service??

I'm sooooo glad I found edmunds.com!!!
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 17
    I also live in New Mexico and have found the lack of competition to be trying. I purchased a Highlander for myself in January and made the purchase in the Dallas area, (Both Toyota dealers in Albuquerque are owned by the same corp). I would recommend internet shopping in the Phoenix and Dallas areas. I intend to replace my wife's 2001 TL next year and plan to follow this course of action.
  • cruznsdcruznsd Member Posts: 8
    Just got home from picking up a new 2006 TL automatic with navi. Purchase process could not have been any better with the exception of having to drive to Orange County instead of taking delivery here in San Diego. Tustin Acura internet department went beyond all expectations. Deal was for 31,120 including destination. They do not equip their cars with the typical protection package that most dealers like to add into the equation. They did toss in the trunk liner which in my opinion is the only worthwhile part of the so called protection package anyway, as I did not really want the wheel locks or mud flaps on the car. Not one acura dealer in San Diego county would touch this deal, the closest dealer that would was Tustin's sister dealer in Temecula, but I had to really push them to agree to it so I went a little farther to Orange County and was treated better than I could have imagined. Many people here seem to brag about how fast their purchase process was and that they were in and out in an hour.....well my purchase process was extremely efficient, there was no pressure from the finance guy, and our salesperson was more than happy to spend over 45 minutes personally explaining and demonstrating every feature on the car, from the smallest details like the relocatable coin holder through the more complicated navigation, audio and climate control systems. He also made sure that my bluetooth phone was communicating with the hands free system. If only all purchase experiences could be so pleasant. By the way, it was a great ride back home, the vehicle is awesome. :)
    Portoar,
    What was your out of door proce?
    Thanks,

DgenX
    Yeah, I hear ya, but they're so far off. Let's see what kind of quotes I can get in the Orlando area. Thx.
    I could not agree more with your posting. I also live in San Diego and have talked to nearly all the dealers here....same story over and over....the management of the dealers here is simply not interested in competing with LA and Orange County...according to one SD area internet manager, "I really don't know why anyone would even consider buying in San Diego. All a person needs to do is spend 30 minutes researching prices to determine it is worth making the drive to LA."....clearly even the internet managers are frustrated with the SD area dealer management. (By the way...he really did say that, I won't say which dealership to preserve his job.) This issue must be a volume/holdback problem...looks like the LA dealers are not afraid to "chip in" most of their holdback.
  • cruznsdcruznsd Member Posts: 8
    dgrazda, The dealerships in O.C. were slammed with people and the vehicles were being purchased right and left. In San Diego I was the one of a handful of customers and in many cases the only customer at the dealerships here. No doubt people will/are making the drive to save thousands, it is a no-brainer. Tustin is still making a small profit even at those prices, but it is the volume that is important to them as they are alloted more vehicles based upon how many they move. They are also hoping to get the service on the cars as well since that is where the real money at the dealerships is made. That is what I found so impressive was that they knew going into the deal that I would be having the vehicle serviced in San Diego and they still treated me like a king.
    cruznsd, did you check out costa mesa? if so how close ($)were they to tustin? btw, congrats on the 31.1 price...best so far it appears.
    Out the door was $34,257.10:

Price (incl. destination) $31,495
    Doc Fees $45
    Tax $2,444.35
    Lic $264
    State Tire Fee $8.75
    Finally, proud owner of TL with NAV. I think i did pretty good or average. Paid 30,750 (includes destination) + TTL, BUT my price din't include any accessory, paid about $750 for following accessories:
    Mud Flap, Locks, Trunk Tray, Side Moulds, All-Season Mats, and an Ipod Connector too.
    Also added 7 yr - 120k Warranty for another 1500 bucks ...
    Got this great deal at Acura 101 West. The internet sales manager was extremely nice and got the deal without a lot of hassle.
    I guess its a great deal.
    Now looking for a cheap insurance agent ... :)

DgenX
  • gfdeucegfdeuce Member Posts: 1
    Got mine yesterday.

Thanks to these forums, especially the posts about the 1K unadvertised incentive, I got a great price.

I had 2 dealerships competing for my business and went with the one that I did the test drive with.

I'd suggest that people work towards an out-the-door price rather than focus on the invoice as I got one dealer to a lower invoice price than the other, but his OTD was still $500 higher.

The invoice price we worked from was 31,205.
    Nope, not right. I got the same deal at Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad. $31,495. Well, o.k., not "exactly" the same . . . I have to pay cost for the mud guards and trunk tray. But, they charged less for license, so the bottom line was only $150 more. When I factor in what I pay a babysitter so I can drive to LA and all the time, etc. . . it was worth it to me to buy in Carlsbad.
    Wow that is a great deal. Where is Acura 101 West?
    Sounds like a great price at 31.5...did you have the option of refusing the extras and getting the 31.5 price? how were they to work with? did they admit the dealer cash?
    Thas correct, got the car from Acura 101 West. This was through internet manager. We had few emails back and forth and she agreed to that price. I kinda feel that I could have negotiated on the $750 for accessories or totally refused it. But it adds to the warranty now, although the only thing that really is worth for warranty is ipod connector.
    Anyways, i haven't got the accessories installed yet, they are going to call me.
    I got an horrible average of 12 mpg on new car while going home last night, is that normal? I got 13 this morning while going to work, bit worried about it.
    any comments?
    Thanks.
    My deal...

31,700 includes
    Destination
    Pro Pack(Mud guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray)
    Dealer Fees

Good on any IN STOCK vehicle. They also have a service where they will either bring the car to you or pick you up and bring you back to their dealership. Very professional dealership!

Jeffrey Acura
    Detroit, MI
    Ask for Internet Manager and say you want the "Cleveland Price"

The $1000 Acura to dealer incentive ends today so act fast.

If you're in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Ohio, Michigan... you won't be able to beat this price. Believe me I tried...

Good Luck!
  • boikoboiko Member Posts: 82
    For all the people in the New England area now shopping for an 06 TL.

What are the best price quotes you've received thus far, for either the AT NAV or Non-NAV TL..include destination charge please.

Thanks,
    -mike-
  • bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    MIKE-

Acura of Boston is going 500 below invoice if you buy by today.
    Cathy10

Did you get a chance to call Jeffrey Acura for the 31,700 deal? Did they have the combination you were looking for? The current finance deal ends tonight but I think if you start the process Acura will still honor the financing deal for a few days to give you time to complete the paperwork. They said a few others also called and took advantge of the deal. I just hope a few of them were also from Cleveland. Would like nothing better than to brag to the Cleveland dealers how we got a great price.

Anyways... Hope everything worked out for you.

And for those who do not know what I'm talking about.

Well if you live in Northern\Central Ohio then you probably already know that the local dealers are not willing to make any deals. BUT. I found that Jeffrey Acura in Detroit would sell me any in stock Acura TL/NAVI for 31,700. This includes Destination, Pro Pack(wheel locks, mud guards and trunk tray) and their dealer fee. All you pay is Tax, title and registration beyond that. They will even drop off the car to you or pick you up and take you back to the dealership.

If you want to take advantage of this give them a call and ask to speak to the internet manager and tell him that you want the "Cleveland Price of 31,700".

I can't wait to show my local dealer that the deal he said would vanish before my very eyes is right here in front of his!!! He wanted to charge me Invoice(32,800) plus 400 BEFORE adding the price of the protection package.

Good luck everybody!

Now proud owner of a 2006 Acura TL/NAVI Black on Black!
  • chaz87chaz87 Member Posts: 11
    I've had my new 06 TL for a week and a half. On the first tank of gas I averaged 18 MPG @ at an average speed of 22 MPH. On my second tank of gas, I am averaging 15 MPG @ an average speed of 18 MPH. There is a TL forum for posting real life MPG. If you do any highway driving, you should be able to booster your numbers. Hope this helps
    Fountain Acura $33400 plus TTL
    Courtesy Acura $33000 plus TTL also includes pro pack.

Told them I might as well wait for the 07's, but they wouldn't budge off their price. Not even close to the recent deals posted in Ohio and So Cal.

Anyone else researched other Acura dealers in Florida?
  • gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    Edmunds.com is showing $1,000 Marketing Support (Cash to Dealer) for the 2006 Acura TL from 7/21/06 to 9/5/06. Looks like time for me to try to pick up a TL!