Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cmikefishercmikefisher Member Posts: 9
    I'm picking up my TL w/o navigation tomorrow. Price is 28,995 + destination. Paying the fees and taxes up front (about 2200) my lease payments are 368.
  • takemetolvtakemetolv Member Posts: 10
    cmike - where did you get that deal? Can you break it down re MF\residual etc? Term? miles?etc. SOunds like an awesome deal.
    It's a HANN lease:

12K Miles / year
    Residual: .66% ($22,400 I think)
    Term: 32 months

Title, Taxes, Acq, Bank Fee, etc all paid up front.
    Oh and MF is .00275
  • hack2hack2 Member Posts: 6
    What dealership?
  • boilboil Member Posts: 3
    Patwd: 30,750 is with 4.9% APR or not??

I've been reserching this forum for a while for my purchase that I probably do this weekend. Very GREAT info.
    I've been getting quote from many southern california dealer for 2006 Auto with nav between 30900-32500... but they all are very ambigious regarding the 4.9% special deal with their quoted price.

Some Dealers told me that they can't give dealer incentive together with 4.9 special APR. It is either-or. And there will be 1000 difference in price between getting/not getting the 4.9%. Is it true?

Based on the "Special APR Info" and my credit score .. I think I can only qualify for 5.9% APR....

So I am kindda confused now... I heard the regular rate is 6.9% is southern California... For me if it's 1% (5.9 & 6.9) difference compare to $1000, I will choose $1000 discount.

By reading this forum I think the benchmark of lowest price is around 31k(incl dest), but again I don't know what APR you guys get. So everyone please let me know how much did you get your price and how much is the APR for purchase? That would be very helpful. I really appreciate all the info
  • gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    kennyg8,
    Did you end up getting the TL w/Navi from Curry? They wouldn't provide me an email quote but indicated they are willing to match or beat some of the quotes I got from NJ dealers as long as I bring in some kind of proof of pricing.

What other dealers have you checked out?
  • billsal436billsal436 Member Posts: 7
    got quote for $32,000 including wheel locks, mud guards, trunk liner and all BS fees, with Acura financing. Not including TTL. ANybody got anything better?
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    No dealers I inquired agreed to provide quotes via email, but were happy to negotiate over the phone or in person (especially in person).

I am going to Curry this weekend to compare the TL and RL and make a final decision; I am still torn between the two. The quote for the TL was a bit lower than $32k, including dest., but before TTL.

I was in Valley Stream Acura last week, but the sales staff was not very motivated. All they said was they would try to match whatever price I get, and their opening price was $32.3k. Unlike other dealers, they didn't even offer a test drive (and I didn't ask).

Rallye quoted $32.2k, which is not bad at all considering its rather upscale showroom and neighborhood.

I didn't go to Smithtown or Sunrise/Wantagh Acura, as I have been quite busy on weekends lately.

Do you have anything to report?
  • sas099sas099 Member Posts: 13
    Boil. I just bought a TL with the 4.9% financing. I was told that the credit score cutoff for that financing was a 705. I'm sure this is the same all over but I could be wrong.

Goodluck.
  • mdm309mdm309 Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to buy a new TL (6 speed with navigation) before the end of August (hopefully on the last day or 2 of the month). My best quote at this point is $30,950 (includes destination) from Open Road Acura in East Brunswick. When you ask them the "out-the-door" price, they say that I must pay an additional $354 for motor vehicle/registration fees, and $298 for documentation fees. Basically the out-the-door price is right at $31,600. I have heard rumors that they (open road and many other dealers) will tack on even more fees when I enter the finance office. Supposedly they charge "lending/finance fees" as well as "manufacturer's fees"? Has everyone else been paying these types of fees or is this a bunch of B.S. and I should avoid such dealers? I don't want to go in there next week and all of a sudden the $31,600 turns into $32,100 because there are $500 in additional fees that i was not told about.

Also, as an aside, I have been geting quotes from MANY dealers all over the NJ/PA area. Has anyone here had any good/bad experiences with one of the following and would be willing to share? Montgomeryville, Davis, Montclair, Bridgewater, Ocean, Open Road, Springfield??? Thanks for your help!
    kennyg8,
    I got quotes from a number of NJ dealers, DCH, Open Road in Wayne and Ramsey and all gave quotes below $32k before TTL. From what a NY dealer told me, NJ dealers are free to charge what they want for Motor Vehicle fees. Not sure how true this is but just in case, I have been asking dealers for an out the door price which includes all taxes (8.375% here in NY) and inclusive of all fees (dealer, motor vehicles). All the NJ dealers would be $34.7k or less out the door. Ramsey gave me the best quote so far but they have very limited colors.

Curry didn't want to provide me with an email quote but said they would take care of me if I go to their dealership, implying they are willing to meet or match my best quotes.

Visited Paragon recently as they were unwilling to provide a quote over the phone or via email. When I got there, I showed them my best out the door price so far and while they will haggle with you, I believe they would be willing to match the price. At first they gave me an out the door quote which was a $1,000 above what I showed them and said they could do no better unless I was willing to leave a $500 deposit that day. Although more hassle than dealing with internet managers, it was not unexpected.
    The salesman brought the "assistant sales manager" out to see me and he mentioned he had over 100-150 cars in inventory as they don't turn off their inventory allocation early like other dealers who typically may have 25-50 TL's in stock. The assistant sales manager also refused to give me a firm quote and instead gave me a wide range. Despite the shenanigans played at Paragon, I sensed they were willing to deal, so I may pay them a visit again.

Valley Stream, like all other LI dealers seem to state that their dealer cost is $31,819 including the $1,000 incentive and are willing to to sell for a slight margin above that. Got them to give me a quote for a shade under $32k but only if I take possession of the car by the end of the month and only dealer stock.

Apologies for the long post, hope you find the info useful. Post back if you have more news to report.
  • djpkdjpk Member Posts: 12
    Shinyhappy,

Does this price is Out The Door price? I spoke to a guy from pohanko about a month ago. I got a quote way over 30,950.

thanks.
  • mkahn21mkahn21 Member Posts: 11
    Just drove home our new black/ebony TL/auto/nav from Sussman in Jenkintown:

Car: $31,300 (matched Internet quotes from other area dealers)
    Tags/docs: $123.50
    Minus trade (ended up with a fair deal after some back-and-forth last week), plus tax, out the door.

The registration computer was down and they were backed up with manually processing customers, so the salesman gave my wife and me the keys to the new ride and a dealer plate, and told us to go to the Willow Grove Mall for lunch and come back in an hour. I left him all the trade-in document/insurance/registration info and our pre-filled-out checks (so they couldn't pull any shenanigans after the deal was negotiated).

When we returned, all the paperwork was done and all we had to do was sign everything. He didn't even send us through F&I.

I am an extremely happy camper. :shades: Would recommend the dealership and the salesperson to anyone.
    mkahn,

congrats. i am about to purchase mine tomorrow about 30 mins north of there (montgomerville) same exact deal!!! $31,300 plus about $150 in fees. afer emailing over 10 dealers in the area, i feel the most comfortable with them. plus they have the best price and my color choice in stock. $31,300 plus about $150 in fees. (6 speed with nav). this is the out-the-door price that i was quoted so hopefully that is what shows up on my final bill. some of the NJ dealers that i have been dealing with want over $500 in fees!!!! enjoy your new car.
  • tp01tp012000tp01tp012000 Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a great deal. My co-worker and I in Mass are looking to make a purchase by 8/31. Going forward, can people please specify if they took the $1000 from Acura or the financing.
    gonein60, thanks for the detailed update. Looks like most dealers in NYC and LI are willing to go no lower than 32k or a shade under. NJ and PA dealers appear to give greater discounts, which, to me, look a bit too good (to be true), unless they are willing to also give up a portion of their holdback.

I am not looking for the lowest price ... just something that doesn't make me look like I have been gouged. The dealers should make a reasonable, but not a big, profit. Based on the quotes, looks like something around 32k is reasonable around here, unless you are willing to wait when the new model year cars are out, but at that point, color choices will be limited.

Good luck and let us know when you get your new ride.
  • boilboil Member Posts: 3
    Please anyone let me know your buying price before tax and your finance APR....

I live in Southern California, so far I read on this forum the lowest is aroun 30,800... but noone said what APR do they got...

The dealership is being ambigious regarding their APR and lowest price.. they were saying that I have to pay $1000 fee into their lowest-quoted price to get the 4.9% APR...

My Credit is around 695 with good income... if I don't take the special APR.. what APR would I be getting ... I'll appreciate it if anyone can share their buying price and APR

thanks.. you guys are great.. this forum is AWESOME
  • jms8090jms8090 Member Posts: 30
    Yeah, Open Road was kind enought to give me a low-ball offer from their internet mgr. only to stonewall me with no response when I asked for clarification on "fees". It seems that the "doc" fee of $298 is standard practice there. All in all, I guess that it's what you pay OTD, not what all the BS fees are. However, I have a problem with the low-ball quote that was given. They say $30,775 for TL NAV. I'm not sure that includes destination!
  • bqlibqli Member Posts: 7
    Hi, Congrats for your new car, i am planning to buy too, one question about your $31300, is this PRE-TAX? or after tax? I read some post saying they quote $30950 + tax +title etc.
    I am living 20 mile from there and 15 miles from Montgomery Acura.
    Thanks;
  • chaz87chaz87 Member Posts: 11
    billsal,

If you search this site you will find that most folks in Houston have received the best deal from Sterling McCall Acura, myself included. I would not even waste my time with Gillman because they seem the most reluctant to bargain. I purchased my Acura in mid July at $500 below invoice and 4.9% financing. The internet manager at Sterling McCall told me that the 07 TL would start showing up on their lot in September. I would push for another $500 reduction in price for two reasons. First, as of today, Sterling McCall still has 98 Acura TL's on their lot to move in the next 30 days. Second, once the 07 hits the lots, the 06 model you purchase has already lost a year of value.

Sterling McCall gave me a very fair price on my trade-in. The other three dealers in Houston were not willing to touch Sterling McCall's offer. Even John Eagle (who claims they will beat anybodys price) would not match.

Good luck and enjoy your TL.
    It's pretax. I saw the $30,950 posts too, but a little late. Still, I feel I did well. Edmunds TMV is ~$34,150, and I almost jumped at the first e-mail offer I received of $32,875. Glad I didn't.
    The insta-quote on Open Road's website does not factor in destination, so you would add $615 to that. It says so in the fine print.
    Actually, I did not get an insta-quote. The reply came from the internet mgr. directly. I still have it. Here's what it looks like:

Notice the fine print: there is no mention of Destination. There is only a vague mention of "fees", which I understand are at least $298 for docs. Not sure what else they are hiding in there.

Here is the new pricing for the 2006 Acura TL's!! These prices are TOO GOOD TO REFUSE, and in fact these prices are the BEST they've ever been!!

2006 Acura TL (automatic) - 28,995

2006 Acura TL with Navigation (automatic) - 30,775

2006 Acura TL (manual) - 28,995

2006 Acura TL with Navigation (manual) - 30,775

Please call or e-mail me ASAP to schedule an appointment to come in and take delivery of your new Acura, as these prices will ONLY last til the end of August!! I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks and have a great day!

Name omitted

Internet Sales

Open Road Acura of East Brunswick

Phone omitted

------------------------------------

Unless otherwise stated, all pricing excludes accessories, tax, dmv, and fees. Pricing valid until date shown on in-stock or in-transit vehicles only. Extensions on date or to locate units at management discretion. Not responsible for typographical errors. Contact me for further information.

Please do not remove your Customer Number[omitted] when you reply to this email.
    My understanding is that the last 5 digits of the VIN represents a sequential production number. This means the bigger the number, the latter the production date. Is that correct?

I am going to buy a new 06 TL, and it has a VIN with the last 5 digits being 26xxx. Does this mean it is an ealier production? I notice some of the new owners have much higher numbers, like 54xxx. Should I care about a new car with an earlier production date? How many TLs have Acura sold/produced in 06?

Does anyone have better info on this issue? Thanks.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 17
    The last 6 numbers of the vin are the sequential numbers. If you want to know what month the car was manufactured, open the drivers door and find the plaque on the door post. The plaque will have the month and year of manufacture in addition to the vin. Happy motoring.
  • ae9ae9 Member Posts: 19
    As noted on a prior email by another member....it would be extremely helpful if when quoting prices you guys could specify whether or not Acura financing was used or you applied the 1K credit to the price you are telling us about...Im assuming based on other posts the 30,775 TL/auto/nav is WITHOUT ACURA FINANCING & reflects the 1000 cash rebate in the price, TRUE?

Thank you so much......close to purchasing on Long Island....suprised I have not seen mention of Hillside Acura in Bayshore they seem willing to negotiate as well

Thanks again
    I am out for a lease rather than a purchase. I am assuming that the 1k is included in these numbers. I do not know if the special financing is available as again, I am after a lease. My guess: No, it wouldn't be. If you're close to buying on LI, please let us know the deal you got, as I live out here too. I am waiting for the Sept. 5th incentives as I would guess that Acura may sweeten the pot to get rid of the large inventory of cars on lots. Perhaps they will give some sort of better money factor through AHFC or more factory to dealer incentive. Good Luck.
    Im looking to buy w the Acura financing so I will probably wait till 9/5 as well I see a ton of '06 TL out there so I am thinking the pot will get sweeter too. A little bit of a gamble but i think it will pay off.

It seems BUYERS the best # out there for auto w NAV is $31,800( including dest)+TTL ( if you tak the financing).....IF anyone has done better taking the audi financing please let us know.....

I will keep you updated on my progress & experct to make a purchase before the end of SEPTEMBER
    I meant ACURA financing not AUDI :P :blush:
    MKAHN21...is that 31,300 with Acura financing? seems the best # I have seen out there is 31,800 taking the financing or 30,800 finding your own financing.

Thanks for clairfying
    That's without Acura financing -- I went through my credit union. I didn't know about the $1K at the time, was just looking for a good bottom-line price.

Ultimately I received quotes of $31,300, $31,400, $31,800, and $32,875 on a TL w/navi, all in the Philly suburbs, all with my own financing, all including destination.
  • mscott101mscott101 Member Posts: 13
    Where are you finding the 31,800 plus TTL price? I'm negotiating right now with several dealers in NJ and PA. I've been able to get to $31,966 using the financing (not taking the 1K). What dealer is offering the $31,800? I assume that price is using the fiancing also or would be $30,800 if you took the 1K?
    Can anyone who has purchased in NJ give us an idea of what they paid over the actual car price? What were the breakdwons for TTL? I'm concerned that the good prices we are getting on the car itself will be somehow whittled down once the TTL costs are added. Any experience here would be most helpful.

Also, I'm being told the the 1K vs. special APR will all disappear Sept. 1. Do you guys think we'll be able to get same/better deals in September?
    mscott,

if you make your way through this thread thats the best # I noticed, I personally have not gotten that # but hope to use it as a negotiating point
  • bandera28bandera28 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I'm new to this thread. I just agreed to a price with my local dealer for an '06 TL 6-speed w/NAV and rear lip-spoiler for about $33,300 +TTL. AM I PAYING WAY TOO MUCH??? I am only 23 and a first time car buyer, and I think they are trying to take advantage of me.

Is there any information out there that could help me negotiate a lower price? I have been reading about a $1,000 cash back offer. Is this offer only for specific areas of the U.S. or all over? I am in the Houston area.

I am going tomorrow afternoon to finalize the deal, and I would like something I can use to lower my price even more. Any advice will help! Thanks all.
    Bandera28,

read through this thread in its entirty it seems you should be around 32K if you take the acura financing( 2.9 or 4.9) & 31K if you do not ( thus the 1K incentive).

Im not sure about the spoiler costs, that will add a few busck, but from what I have read seems you can do better & I specifically recall reading a few posts from guys in the houston area w specifics dealerships noted.

hope that helps
    What do you guys think of $33,200 OTD in NJ? NJ has 7% sales tax, so about $2,200 of this price is tax alone. Figure about $400 for title and registration...that leavesa price of $30,600 for the car (including destination). This would not include the protection package. Do you think I could get lower? I have not receied this offer from a dealer yet, but I have one that I think might go for it.
    Hi Mscott,

That would be apprx. $31,025 for the car with all fees included. I don't know how realistic this is but I do hope it's possible. I have been researching for quite a while now in the NJ and PA area and the best price I came up with was $31,496 (aka $471 higher than your goal). If you are able to pull this off, please let me know because I am about to pay $31,500 on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I am looking at the 6 speeds (which are in shorter supply) so it somewhat limits my negotiating power. I am guessing that I can get this price down a little more considering that I plan on buying on the last day of the month :) Anyone have any suggestions of how much I should offer when I walk into the dealership at 8 pm on August 31???? How much do you think they will budge? I honestly have no clue. $250??? Is that a fair guess???
    What dealership are you looking at? I have been in contact with basically every single one in NJ. Maybe we can help each other out.
    are you guys taking the 1000 cash incentive or ACURA finanancing?....if your not taking the acura financing the dealer is using the 1K incentive to get to that #.....that info os really what determines if your# is a good one or not
    mscott,

Ive been following this thread & the 30,600 ( applying the 1000 incentive since your not using acura financing) is about $200 better than any other posting ive seen here..so seems like a good deal...let us know
    ae9,

these prices reflect the $1,000 cash incentive. i would just like to know what dealership would do $30,600. Hopefully I can negotiate a couple hundred $$$ off the price. Also, the dealership who will do $30,600 is going to most likely charge $600 in fees (ie; Open Road Acura. They gave me a low ball quote and seemed like the best at first. Once I inquired about the fees, I found out that they want $659.50 for MV, documentation, and tire fees. Only thing that matters is the final out the door price. Like they say, "money talks and Bullsh** walks"
    What is reasonable for fees? I've been trying to research online, but I can't find much about it. We've got taxes (.07 in NJ), MV, documentaiton and tire fees. I think that covers it. I understand PA is very cheap...about $150-$200, but NJ seems to be coming in almost 3 times that. What are you guys seeing for fees in NJ and what do you think is reasonable?
    I am talking with Open Road Acura in Wayne. But if what MDM309 said is true and they will backload the deal with high fees, the initial price doesn't really matter. I'm trying to get the salesman to give me a line by line amount for all fees above the car price. Maybe we can each post what dealers in NJ/PA are stating for these fees so we can be better prepared when we get to that point. You gotta love the power of shared information...
    I made up an excel spreadsheet with about 7 or 8 dealers' prices and all of their applicable fees. (ie; MV, documentation, and tire fees). When I get home from work tonite, i will list out the breakdown of what I have. As far as open road goes, they quoted me apprx. $354 for MV fees, $298 for documentation fees, and $7.50 for tire fees. I know that their total fees were around $660 which is absolutely ridiculous. The most that anyone should be paying for MV fees in NJ is around $220 - $230 for the 4 years. You can check out the NJDMV website to verify this. I believe that the state of NJ charges $56 per year (equates to $224 for 4 years). I am not sure how much NJ charges for new license plates. Anyone know???? The place that I am going to purchase from (Montgomeryville Acura in eastern PA) is going to charge me $275 in fees (includes everything). Their price for the car is $31,300. Thus, their total OTD price is $31,575 plus NJ state sales tax. Open Road quoted me $30,950 for the vehicle. Sounds great, right? Add in $660 in fees and you have an OTD price of $31,610. If anyone has any other OTD prices in the NJ/PA/NY area, please list them. The more data we can compile, the better off all of us will be!!! "knowledge is power" (to rephrase this in english, it would be something like....."if you know what's going on, you can save a couple hundred $$$ and spend your savings on beer and satellite football packages" :)
    Thanks, mdm309 for that excellent post. I will check out the NJDMV site and try to nail down what the MV fees should be. The lowest quote I have seen is $30,966 including destination and the $1,000 incentive. I asked Acura of Bridgewater if they could beat this price, and this was the response:

"With that price, expect a lot of "Hidden Fees"!!!

I know it is the end of the year, but that doesn't mean Dealers are selling TL's at a loss!!! They would be out of business!!!

Let me know when you're done playing with those other Dealers,but please don't wait too long, we are almost sold out of 06 TL's!!!"
    That is funny that you also got that response from Bridgewater Acura. I live about 15 minutes from there (it is the closest dealership to my house). They send out these emails in an attempt to discourage you from using other dealers because of the fees. However, when you ask them their price, they will tell you that it is $32,100 plus fees. Their fees total $400 I believe (will have to check tonite when i get home). This means that their final price is $32,500. I don't know about you, but my math tells me that this is nearly $1,000 higher than the best quotes I received (fees included). Even if Montgomeryville or Open Road tacked on another $250 to $300 in "hidden fees", that still leaves me with $700 - $750 savings! Something tells me that I am not going to get hit with $1,000 in hidden fees. Also, Bridgewater Acura was the same dealership that told me that they can't send me a brochure in the mail because they are running low on them. If I am about to spend $31,000 on a new car, I think that they can make an effort to send me a brochure that costs them $0.75. Ridiculous. Motto of the story is this: Bridgewater Acura is located in one of the wealthiest areas of the country. They have many high rollers coming in and paying sticker price. My advice is to look in eastern PA (montgomeryville or langhorne) as well as south jersey. The median income in these areas is much lower than in Central NJ, thus these dealers have to offer more competitive pricing to suit their audience. This is my theory, and the numbers I have received thus far are reinforcing it.
    What is the "documentation" fee and do we have to pay that? I read a lot of posts where they say that they got the dealer to waive that. I understand we have to pay tax, tire fee (in NJ) title and registration, but I don't think there should be anything else.
    Here is what I could put together on the fees:

Tax in NJ is 7%
    Registration fee is $59, but must be paid in 4 year increments, so total is $240.
    Title fee is listed as $40 for a financed vehicle with one lien. That seems low to me. Does this sound right or am I missing someting?

mdm309 - I'm very curious to see your spreadsheet of what the dealers have been quoting you for fees. Hopefully, I'll have some quotes to add by the end of the day.