Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lsonglsong Member Posts: 5
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I purchased this car for $31,700 OTD (includes Tax, Tag, and Title). The price before all that was 29,500. They even gave me the special 2.9%/4.9% financing. I had to call a bunch of places that would give both deals, since they all claimed Acura corp had their hands tied. One said that a Halloween special was coming up that would allow them to do the deal. They post dated the contract and I got my car an hour later. Best experience ever!
  • hawth_erichawth_eric Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone. I live in AZ and I just bought a 2006 Acura TL with Navigation. The price was $32,300 + TTL. I had to drive 1.5 hours to the dealer so I asked them if they would throw in the small spoiler for free. They did but they charged me $118 in labor costs. I put 0 down and no trade in. Do you think $32.3k was a good deal? I'm very happy with the car. It's anthracite/ebony. Good luck all.
    EH
  • 07buyer07buyer Member Posts: 9
    Know any of the specifics of the upcoming Halloween special?

I wonder if it's like last year's end of October 3.9% on '05 and '06 models. Hopefully it will be an incentive applied to both '06 and '07 models.

Thanks.
  • lsonglsong Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, don't really know any of the specifics. I was just mainly concerned about getting my price with the special financing. I'm not sure if the promotion impacts the '07 models. They salesguy said it starts Oct 25th, so I would maybe call a dealership up on Wed.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    Based on recent deals on the '06 TL/Navi, you could have done better, but if you're happy with the vehicle, it's all good. We're very close ourselves to pulling the trigger on a '07 TL Base w/navi. We'll be trying for a little under $34.5.
  • timlinca2timlinca2 Member Posts: 1
    SF Bay area here. Just bought 2006 TL with Navi. Black/Quartz with the protection package for 30453 +tax + lic. (That's out the door of 33,311.98. Faxed 16 Nor-cal dealers. Received 8 quotes between 30453 and 31515.

The lots are loaded with them. Sacramento alone had 105 TLs on their lot last Monday.

I bought at Marin Acura. Great experience.
  • franklynfranklyn Member Posts: 8
    In AZ- did you get a written quote for $34.5 for the 07 w/navi?
  • madsmartmadsmart Member Posts: 3
    hey i just wanna get an idea weather i am getting the right deal or not...i am trading off my 05 scion tc with 06 black TL/navi for 31000 OTD..is it a good deal?..there 13050 payoff on my TC..the delear was ready to give me a silver with back interior for 30,600 OTD...is it a good deal...he is demanding $400 extra for balck..is it a good deal i am making..can you guys help me....
    hey i just wanna get an idea weather i am getting the right deal or not...i am trading off my 05 scion tc with 06 black TL/navi for 31000 OTD..is it a good deal?..there 13050 payoff on my TC..the delear was ready to give me a silver with back interior for 30,600 OTD...is it a good deal...he is demanding $400 extra for balck..is it a good deal i am making..can you guys help me....
  • jack01jack01 Member Posts: 14
    Don't know where you are, but it doesn't seem to be a good deal. In NJ the lowest price I got for a 06 TL/Navi is 30,695 (including destination charge) plus TTL for any color combination. If that NJ dealer doesn’t have the exact car on the lot he will usually find one for you without additional charge. So out of door price is a little bit over 33K. Based on that price your 05 Scion TC only get a little bit over 2K on trade in, unless your dealer payoff the 13,050 for your TC, then it could be a very good deal. By the way, charging $400 extra for black doesn’t sound right.
    Thanks for the reply..i am in DC area..the reason what he said for charging that $400 extra is to get the car shipped from other dealer since he dosen't have any black's left ...so how much do you think i can get the deal for? how much should i get for my tc? is 30650 OTD for TL is ok or should i ask him for less then that..please advice
    If dealer needs to get a car from somewhere out of your area probably he don’t want to waive that $400, but it is hard to believe that they can’t find a black TL nearby.

I am not familiar with DC surcharge like tax, doc fee, DMV fee, etc. But in general you shouldn’t pay much more than 33K OTD for any TL/Navi in your area without trade-in. I don’t know how to calculate your trade-in neither, but usually people negotiates a good price first on the TL (it seems that Maryland dealers offer better price than VA dealers), then try to get the best value on the trade-in (maybe 0.5K-2K less than blue book trade-in value, depends on which car). Hopefully that can help you to figure out.
  • speedwgn1speedwgn1 Member Posts: 10
    Jack - I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 06 TL with Navi. I'm in Central NJ. Where can I get that $30,698 (incl dest)deal in NJ? Two weeks ago the best quote I had was $31,200 (incl dest, plus Ipod link) before TTL. LMK - thanks
    Hi, speedwgn1

Try Open Road Acura of Wayne. The price doesn't include Ipod link. If you want a decent ipod player for the TLs, try the harmon kardon drive and play. Good Luck!
    Buying cars in recent years, I've had more luck getting dealer quotes in writing than I seem to be having now- do others have this problem? I realize the dealers would like to avoid being pitted against one another but hey, they gave us this stupid car-buying system where we have to engage in this exhausting dance with them.
  • tonyriztonyriz Member Posts: 4
    Hi EH,

I bought an 06 TL 6MT with Nav for $32,000 +TTL in Peoria, AZ on 7/31/06. I also had a hard time getting a dealer in AZ to match the offers I was seeing on this board. I did get better offers from a dealership in CA and one in TX but the hastle of going so far made me just buy it here. Based on the 07's being out now, you may have gotten a better deal, but I think it's still good and I would just enjoy the car. I have over 5k on mine already and have enjoyed every one immensely. :shades:
  • carbuyer13carbuyer13 Member Posts: 13
    header1,

I too am thinking about getting a 2006 Acura in Washington State. I was thinking Hinshaw would be a good location to negotiate rather than the busier cities like the Bellevue or Tukwila dealers. But after your experience I'm starting to think maybe the prices in the NW region just won't budge.

I am not a costco member but I'd be interested to find out if its cheaper that way.
  • hawth_erichawth_eric Member Posts: 3
    No. I didn't get any quotes on the 07's.
  • bs0bs0 Member Posts: 27
    well, it's 10/25 - have not seen/heard of any great October deals - anyone seen anything?
    One dealer in NJ offered $500 off the list price on an 07 TL w/nav. I'm holding off til next spring when the ice melts on these frozen 07 TL prices.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    The ice will probably melt before then. When '06 inventory is gone/almost gone and '07 inventory builds up (don't forget about the new G35 as well), things will heat up at your local dealer. *

*if you live in an competitive area
  • jette212jette212 Member Posts: 7
    header1, what was the name of the guy you dealt with, so I can be sure to steer clear of him? I'm looking to eventually buy an '07 base w/NAV but I'm afraid with the lack of dealers up here we may get screwed. :(
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry! New to the forums... I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    Thanks!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• edouble4edouble4 Member Posts: 4
    Just received a quote for an Acura TL with Navigation for $33,700 OTD (Texas). Is this a good price at this time of the year? I was thinking about haggling down to $33k, but is that a low ball offer?

Thanks for your help.
  • richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    that an 06 or 07 model?
    Thanks for the reply....

It is a New 2006 model, 6-speed MT.

Price includes TTL.
  • richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    do you know what the price is before TTL? its hard to say whether its good or not, because I do not know what taxes there are in texas (i live in california). So we could have differences there. But as you can see in earlier posts, people are getting 06 with Nav for below 30,500....check post #6979 and 6985...I usually add about 2500 to prepare for TTL, so that'd be 33,000 approxiametly. I'd say try to get the guy to go down as close to 30,500 as possible before TTL then that should bring you to 33,000 or below :)
  • moflo40moflo40 Member Posts: 1
    First off I'd like to thank posters on this board for all the great info. I put a deposit down for an 06 w/NAV last night in the baltimore area for 30,500 +TTL. Might have been able to do a little better but I didn't feel like going twelve rounds over a couple hundred bucks. I think its a steal as is. Don't want to jump the gun yet as I have not yet driven the car off the lot but so far I have had a very good experience. Can't wait to pick it up!
    I am not sure what the exact price is of the car regarding that deal. I had planned to only deal with OTD pricing to avoid added fees thrown on top.

Consumer reports states that the bottom line price of the car is $30,315 taking into account holdback and dealer incentive. I had thought that a number close to this would be out of the question, but maybe not since you are recommending it.

The tax in Texas is 6.25%. Using the Texas TTL calculator, TTL is $2177 for a car price of $31525 giving an OTD of $33700. So, depending on the dealer fees, the car price is less than $31525.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

So I have about $1000 in dealer fees/profit to bargin with?

Thanks again.
  • bobaquinobobaquino Member Posts: 9
    I was trying to work a deal on a 06 TL with Nav at Priority Acura in Chesapeake VA. The best price I could get them down to was 31690 which I thought was a bit high, but was within reason. Another local dealer wanted 31750 but didnt have the color we wanted. We had worked on the price without talking about tradeins till tonight. We wanted to get around 13,5 for our 03 TL but they were about 2 grand shy. My feeling was if we couldn't come to terms on the deal with the trade, then no harm no foul. These guys decided to go for the hard sell and beat me up on trying to get the best price for the new car and my trade. The general manager was outride rude. :mad: Needless to say it left quite a sour taste. :P

Has anyone gotten a good deal in or around VA/NC or MD? If you have, please post the dealer and the price. We are looking for an 06 with Nav. Thanks.
    Just parked my color choice new 06 TL with Navi in the garage! It's so sweet. The $30,600 includes dest charges. My OTD was $33127, which includes 7% sales tax. That's one of the best OTD prices I've seen on this board.

What makes this deal so sweet is that its inlcudes wheel locks and the all weather custom floor mats. If you consider the consumer's costs of these two items the deal is much lower than $30,600. Like many of us here, I didn't want to haggle too long to save another $100 or $200. I c ompleted the deal in less than 1 hour. Time is money! Good luck to everyone here.

PS~The Mrs. is looking at the 07 MDX - wish me luck.
  • dawgsruledawgsrule Member Posts: 5
    Just to add to the collective: Tomorrow picking up a 06 TL/Nav Auto with the protection package (mats, wheel locks, etc.) for 30,450 + Tax + License).

The info on this forum has been invaluable. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Thank you!
  • header1header1 Member Posts: 7
    carbuyer13,

I found a message on one of these boards (some other car make) about someone driving to Bellingham to get their special Costco price and the price was actually $200 higher than the quote from their local dealer.

I did fill out the Costco form and submitted it. Got an email from the one Acura dealer that has a deal with Costco - Bellevue Acura. Was told I HAD to go to their dealership to get a quote. I live in Tacoma - after dealing with Hinshaw and their 'tude, I'm not willing to drive to Bellevue where I might not get a good price.

Of course it would have to be better than Hinshaw - who never bothered to give me a price.

You may be right about TLs in the NW - which is why I'm seriously considering the Lexus IS250 and Infiniti G35 (which I have a huge crush on right now). I think the TL is probably a great car but it's not as sporty as I want and after dealing with Hinshaw and Bellevue, I'm pretty turned off by Acura dealers. Since Hinshaw is the only one in my local area, I don't want to deal with them.

I really just want to feel like I'm getting a good deal and that I can respect the dealership enough go back to their service area. I don't know if that's possible with an Acura around here.
  • 07buyer07buyer Member Posts: 9
    I too wonder what happened to the end of the month "special". Anyone know more about this?
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 17
    I live in New Mexico, but just wanted to share my experience with attempting to trade a 2001 TL about two months ago. I had a mint TL with 49,000 miles. Dealer offered about $11,800 in trade for a 2006 TL. Not what I wanted, so I advertised it myself for $13,700. I had it sold in a day at my price, and had two more potential buyers waiting in the wings. If you're car is in decent shape, it should be an easy sale. There is a good market out there. Good luck.
  • vroom5vroom5 Member Posts: 8
    I bought an 07 TLS - one of the very first ones. I got a quote from a Portland dealer for $1000 under MSRP. The Bellevue dealer in Washington State wouldn't match it, but they were competitive and treated me well, so I bought from there. I saved hundreds over the costco price. Anyone else out there bought a TLS yet?
    Thinking about buying a base 07 TL w/NAV... how likely is it that the prices will drop from the competition with 2007 G35 & IS?? In the next month or two, that is. vroom5, are you from WA or OR? Did you try any of the other Seattle-area Acura dealers and did they knock anything off MSRP at all?
  • bobaquinobobaquino Member Posts: 9
    Follow up to last night. The salesman called me at work asking what could be done to make a deal. Now they are offering an extra 1500 on the trade, about 500 away from what I wanted. I laid into him a bit telling him that we walked away from the dealership last night just a bit pissed for the way we were treated. I told him it wasnt how he handled it but rather the general manager who did most of the harm. End of the month is fast approaching and this dealer has a few 06's on the lot so maybe they will soften up another 500, we'll see.

Yes I know I can sell the car myself and easily get what I wanted for a tradein, usually I sell them that way but this time I guess I am being somewhat lazy and would rather trade it. In any event, I am going to wait another day or so and see what develops. For all I know, the dealer cash on the car could increase in Nov., I doubt it will go away since it seems that there is an overabundance of 06 TL's out there with the new 07's coming in.
  • carbuyer13carbuyer13 Member Posts: 13
    header1,

Thanks for your info. I called Costco to see what the prices were and got the same story. Bellevue is the only dealer near me also. I believe the others were Bellingham and Vancouver, WA. So now I'm waiting to hear back from Bellevue to set up an appt. But I'm getting the feeling that the Costco price won't be the best deal, just less hassle to get a respectable price. Maybe the thing to do is to get the costco price and then deal with internet managers for these dealers to try to get them below the costco price.

The Lexus IS is sweet. That was a car I was interested in also. Good luck with that...and I'll be sure to let you know how my experience is with them.
    New 06 TL Navi with protection package (mats, wheel locks, etc,)in my garage. Paid $30,450 as quoted. Went fine except they did try to sell me an extended warranty, fancy wax job, etc. I just said not and we went on from there.

For NW buyers, I've seen some messages about dealers not dealing. Try the dealers in Portland and Eugene; they deal.

Thanks again.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Wondering what I should expect to pay for a 2006 without nav. I live in CT but close to the NY border. Maybe this was posted before; but I just read that Acura is giving dealers $1000 incentive.

:confuse:
    Don't know about your area, but I did ask for non Navi quotes as well as for Navi. The lowest non Navi in the Pacific NW with the protection package but not taxes and license came in around $29,000.

I know areas differ re availability of 06s on lots, etc., but I hope this gives you some background info.
  • tlmantlman Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up my 2007 TL AT no Navi for $100 over invoice. Check out Springfield Acura. I replace my car every year cause I drive about 50K. Guys try to buy from the same dealership all the time it saves you a lot of haggling.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    What is the protection package? THe rust proofing etc? How much is it worth?
    An earlier post said invoice on the car is $32,950 plus $670 freight.

A Virginia dealer told me the invoice is $32,150 plus freight. Any idea which is correct?
    The dealers in the PNWest put on what they call the NW Protection Package on the TL. It is wheel locks, 4 all-season floor mats, mud flaps (not sure of term they use nowdays, just little plastic guards behind the wheel well) and trunk tray. They usually want about $500 for it, but throw it in if you dicker.

What's it worth? You could probably get it for a little less on the internet from somewhere. If you didn't care about fit, get something from Walmart or whereever.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    This forum was huge help in getting into my 06 TL w/Navi. OTD 33,778.19 from Curry Acura Scarsdale...!!! Dealers in NJ were few hundred off but the hassle of going out there etc was not worth it besides curry is right near my house. THANK YOU ALL

UV
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    Congrats on getting your new ride!! I got mine from Curry two months ago for about $1k more. Does yours come with the propack? What color combo do you have? What are the last 5 digits of your VIN? Has Curry finished its showroom renovation?