Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ncldawnncldawn Member Posts: 2
    I bought a TL two days ago with $2000 incentive (actual figure is $2300 below invoice) and 2.9% Financing. I don't think you have to use their financing. Suggest you call up a dealer to find out.
  • wolveseatsheepwolveseatsheep Member Posts: 41
    I bought a TL two days ago with $2000 incentive (actual figure is $2300 below invoice) and 2.9% Financing.

Nice work!!
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    I got a pretty good quote from Champion in Houston about 2-3 months ago before the incentive, but when I used Edmonds quote request for my local dealers a few weeks ago, only one stood out. A dealer in FW offered me something like $37,400 but did not have a TL-S with 6 speed. David McDavid did not offer any quote either time I requested one, they wanted me to come in a look first. Vandergriff did not offer a quote nor did they have a manual. The internet salesman at Goodson Acura emailed me with an initial quote of 34,199 but called within 15 minutes with a better offer. Needless to say I found myself driving a few miles out of my way to Goodson ( I live about 2 miles from Vandergriff). The salesman and finance person were superb. It was the best test drive I have been on. Email me @ p38m@hotmail.com and I can send you the name and number of the salesman to deal with, as per the request of the moderators I can't post it.

The TLS is making me smile more every day. Had a mild drag race with a 70 Chevy Nova today, I couldn't even hear my sweet Vtec over his V-8, but he didn't get past me till I let off the gas, which was prompted by the howling sound coming from the passenger seat(*&%&$#^&# women). Not even 200 miles on the car yet and I'm still getting 23 mpg with mostly city driving and 20 minutes of idling at the dealer.

This is the best damn Christmas present I ever got, even if I had to pay for it myself!

:surprise:
  • 6mt6mt Member Posts: 5
    Lowest offer in Norther Illinois for a 2008 TL type S 6MT is $33,200 including destination charge, about $500 below invoice (after the $2,000 incentive) although the dealer has to locate the car. Is anyone finding offers at a lower price anywhere?
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    For Everyone who helped me with your posts, thank you. Hope this info helps:

just picked up my new TL navi 08 with navi silver/ebony for a 36 month lease with 12K miles and nothing down. here are the numbers from Precesion Acura in Princeton, NJ. Michael Thomas is the Internet Manager and great.

MSPR- 36, 940
    Sale Price- 33, 887.67
    residial- 57%
    MF- .00081

400.92/mo NOT including tax..I am in PA so add 9% my tot monthly is 437/mo

1400 total due at signing to inlcude:

595.00 acquistion fee
    53.55 tax of acquistion fee
    189.00-doc fee
    124.50 title and tags
    437.00-first month

I also got them to throw in 4 matching splash gurards at no cost and 20% off all accessories i wanted to add.

Happy Holidays and good luck. :blush:

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• smack518smack518 Member Posts: 17
    Greetings all,

Your posts have been very helpful as I've been approaching buying a TL. Now I'm getting offers from dealers, and thus far the best offer (without haggling, internet offers) that I've gotten on an 08 TL w/Nav is 32,095 (incl. all fees except TTL). This is in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area. Is this good pricing? How much lower do you think I can get them with end of year approaching?

Thanks!
  • 08tl4xmas08tl4xmas Member Posts: 4
    Okay I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new TL - base with Nav. I'll pay cash or finance if they'll give me 2.9%, no lease.

My two best quotes so far:
    $32,600 + tax/tags for a 2008 base w/nav (dealer 1)
    $32,200 + tax/tags for a 2007 base w/nav (dealer 2)

Are these good quotes? Both are all-inclusive except for tax and tags (no "surprise" doc/admin/whatever fees). I'm a little surprised that with the end of the month so quickly approaching, they aren't a little closer to true invoice minus $2k incentive. These seem like good prices to me, but not excellent considering 2008 is the last model year, 2009's are 6 months away, we're >50% likely to be headed toward a recession, and Dec 31 is 5 days away. Should I wait until Saturday to see if they drop another $500 (which is meaningful amount for me) or am I just being silly at this point to think anybody would go lower?
    31, 887 would be better (including 715 destination) if you are buying given the 2000 incentive...if you lease add 2K back for 33,887 with a MF of .0081..call mike thomas in of precesion acura in princeton, he will take care of you...there is a 557 aqusition fee but not sure yoyu pay that if you buy...only for lease i think

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

31, 887 to purchase is better...i got mine on a lease for 33,887 as they add back int he 2K incentive to offer the mf of .00081...

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• lewplewp Member Posts: 7
    I'm in the DC area. Planning to buy a base 2008 TL by year's end. Cash. I've solicited email offers. I am getting quotes in the $29K range, with destination and processing fees, tax and tags additional (ends up a bit north of $31).

I'm leaning TL, although I've also had aggressive offers on loaded Accords and Altimas. Under $25K. I think the TL is worth $4K more, isn't it?
  • eroc69eroc69 Member Posts: 56
    I am a police officer and was on an 'open door' call the other night at a local Acura dealer. I saw my favorite car in there, red TL.

They have an 04 TL-non nav. auto for $20,888. Certified also
    They also advertise 2 other 04s for around $23,888.
    Are they good deals {obviously a test drive etc will be the final decision}
    and is that a fair price? What is the wiggle room for a car going on 4 years old.
    Thanks
    Depends in part on the mileage, warranty, etc., of course. I've seen 04 TLs at a similar price on carmax and elsewhere. So I guess it's in the typical range. But I must say, I think they're trying to get too much for 3-5 year old TLs, given what new ones are going for (e.g., I'm seeing sub-$29K for a base '08), and with the '09 redesign on the way. I'd test drive them, mention the prices folks on this forum are paying for '08s, mention the coming '09 redesign, and see if you can get them well lower.
  • jj84jj84 Member Posts: 5
    I just received quotes to day for '08 TL-S.
    1st, it from John eagle @ $34,195+TTL and I also heard that they offers no sale Tax (%6.25)
    2nd, by Champion @ $33,940 but they did not mention to other charges
    Here, my question is how should I negotiate to the deepest discounted?
    I decide to buy this week and I will test drive tomorrow. I expect they gotta convince me to buy on that too.
    P.S I live in Houston
    Thanks advance
    33,940 is already a great price, but you might get them to throw in window tint and maybe get a discount on an extended war. It wouldn't hurt to try for a deeper discount but I doubt it will be much, especially considering the MSRP is $38,940, and invoice at $35,600, they are pretty close to then bottom line when you include the 2k incentive. Even if you buy it at $33,900 (which I did last week), you get an amazing car at an amazing price and you probably won't need gap insurance! Just don't wait too long, I don't think they will have the incentive in January.

BTW I occasionally sneak out into the garage just to sit in my TL-S and I already talk to it more than my fiance'. LOL :P
  • bg18947bg18947 Member Posts: 184
    I just got a reply from Park Ave Acura this morning that they would sell me an '08 TL Type-S for $33,850 (incl. dest). However, I told them that I was planning to go with the Infiniti G35X Sport instead from Pepe Infiniti. It definitely helps to review the input from people in the forum. I got a reasonable deal of $300 over invoice with the Pepe Infiniti using a Corporate VPP from my wife's employer. I didn't see Honda/Acura participating with her employer. $33,850 is a good price. It was a tough decision choosing between the 2 and there are trade-offs. But, I think (and I hope) that the G35 works out best for me. The TL is still a sharp looking car. The other car under consideration was the Cadillac CTS, but I decided against it.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
    Question:

Up to now I've been going on the assumption that there is significant benefit to buying by year end to get the best price on an '08 TL.

But is that true? Maybe the prices will be even better, or at least as good, when the '09's come out or are announced? What do people think, and when might the 09's show up?
    Dealer 1 is down to $31,400 for the new 07 (base w/nav) - good deal? Should I ask for the 08 NAV disk - is that the only delta between 07 and 08?
    I think you're correct - I think they'll go down more. If the economy slips into a recession, which is reasonably a 50% shot, that will only help more. Of course then the problem you'll run into is whether to get the 08 or the new 09 with AWD, keyless entry/start, and all new NAV/electronics. Nothing is easy.
  • marym2marym2 Member Posts: 3
    Hello All, I'm here in Jersey and looking to buy a TL w/ Nav or if I can get a great deal, a TL-S. The problem is, I'm a female and I don't want to go into a dealership without knowing the BEST DEALS, you know they take advantage of us Ladies :blush:

Can anybody tell me a great dealership here in Jersey? I've read about Precision in Princeton and Springfield Acura. I've also gone to www.acurasearch.com like some of you said, but I don't know. Any help with pricing will help me out lots. Thanks. ;)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    It appears that Clair Motors has sold some of its franchises, inlcuding Acura in Walpole. The new owner, Prime, is advertising big deals to move out the Clair inventory to make way for the Prime inventory. Probably just the usual marketing gimmick, but who knows? Maybe some real deals to be had!

Enjoy the game Saturday night! Hopefully Brady and Moss will each get their two touchdowns, Welker will get a few receptions and wouldn't it be great if Troy Brown could grab a TD pass! 16-0, then three to go!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• style123style123 Member Posts: 1
    Two Questions :

a) Looking at Acura TL-S. How much incentive can I expect in late Dec. ? I had gotten preliminary 750 discount a few weeks ago which obviously is low (looking at boards here).

b) What is the best way to approach buying to maximize incentive, especially since there is only 1 local dealer !!!

c) Sort of unrelated, still cant make-up mind between G37 and Acura TL-S. Acura seems great value for money sedan...Any comments/advice appreciated.

Thanks
  • admeadadmead Member Posts: 3
    Mine is a similar question.

Dealer claims that there are NO MRP TL-S w/ 6MT in the 3-state (PA/NJ/DE) area.
    Since I'm kinda set on the color, I've no choice but to wait a bit and hope that the dealer incentives get better as the '09 release draws near.

ADM
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    I think a lot of folks have had to make the G or TL choice in the last few years. For me, it was the '05 TL over the '05 G35x. My priorities lean a more towards luxury/sport rather than sport/luxury and that is the dichotomy I perceived in the two models. Specifically, for me, what tipped the scales in favor of the TL (and, again, note this was in '05) included:

Smoother, quieter ride
    Much better exterior/interior style with the TL interior materials/layout much better
    Better MPG
    Didn't want to carry the extra weight/complexity of AWD. RWD would have required snow tires, which: I've always driven FWD in New England w/all season tires, no issues with snow in 30 years. Until...the TL... Another story... Just bought snows... :sick:

The new G has addressed the interior nicely as well as a nice subtle exterior upgrade so if I was doing this again, who knows??? So, this probably doesn't help you decide... :confuse: Sorry 'bout that, Chief!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• bg18947bg18947 Member Posts: 184
    If you're willing to schlep up to Bergen County, you could ping Troy Dawson at Park Ave Acura. He agreed to my price of $33,850 for a TL Type-S. Just mention that you saw this posting on Edmunds. I also got a quote of $34K even from Angie Davila of Open Acura of Wayne. Ramsey Acura seems to charge a bit more. Just remind the dealers that there is a $2000 dealer cash back until Jan. 2nd. The dealers are aggressively moving the TLs right now. I opted out and decided to get an Infiniti G35X instead. It was a tough decision. If you are a Costco member, the dealers participating in the program usually charge $500 over invoice as a rule of thumb. But, you can use that as a negotiating point to drive them down.

Last year, Acura was offering 1.9% financing in January. I would assume that these financing options and will appear along with more discounts like the $2000 cash back again in the next few months. It is the last year for the current TL model which is good and bad. Good in the sense that all kinks have been worked out by now, bad in that there is some emotional depreciation with a new model appearing (assuming that it is better). But, it is still a slick looking car in its 5th year.

Good luck!
  • wgambellawgambella Member Posts: 1
    My advice would be to work it up via an internet buy. You can pretty much eliminate wasting your time by going in person and getting attacked by the salesguys.

Do a request for what people paid for their cars.
    I just got a 2008TL with NAVI and walked out the door at 32,000 with tax, tag, etc.
    Alot depends on your credit. Mine is around 800 which is damn good and drives down int. rate. This makes their deal very appealing for a volume discount to the dealership.

Do your homework first. Find the car you want, Color, options (navi or non)
    Then start looking at online dealerships. no difference between 2007, and 2008. New 2009 coming out and that will be worth the wait. I needed to replace my old lease so I went for a deal on the 2008.

Once you find a good deal, get them to fax it to you in writing. If all looks kosher, go for it.
    Are you buying or leasing?

One piece of advice, and I dont mean to be chauvanistic. Bring a male friend along when you go to get it. They seem to always try to take advantage of women.
    Good luck
    Warren
  • rblamkinrblamkin Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 08 TL with Nav for about $32K, without it for about 30K. Acura is offering a discount of 2000 which brings the price for the car below invoice. Offer expires 1/2/08. Check Carsdirect.com for pricing info and use it to negotiate.
    I paid $32449 not including tax for the 08 TL with Navigation, $30254 was quote for TL without Nav. I thought the price was fair.
    I just bought an 08 with Nav for $32249. The quote without nav was $30254.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats, thats the best deal. $32000 incl taxes!!
    Can you please tell us whats your tax rate is so we'll know how much was the actual car before it.
    Thanks
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    marym2, I got both the $2,000 applied to my purchase and 2.9% financing on an '08 TL (no nav). It's not "cash back", it's factory to dealer cash which most dealers are "sharing" with the customer. I think you could have done at least $1K better.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Edmond's does not mention the dealer cash for the 08 model, only for the 07 model year. Where do you get the info and how much did you pay for yours before TTL? Thanks.
    Does not seem like your are comparing apples to apples. A loaded Accord would be a V6, EXL with navi and I don't believe you can get an 08 for less than 25K. A one with no navi would compare to the TL you are interested in and the best price I've seen on it so far is 26k plus ttl., this is no. ca and DC area maybe completely different story.
    parviz, see my previous post #8592 for details on my purchase.

As for where I got my info, several dealers actually told me about it and several previous posts mention this also. I'm not sure why this info isn't on Edmunds and I noticed that myself. If you want to find out for sure you can go to cardeals.org and pay $7 (probably a good investment to save $2K) for the most recent report.
    Thanks Tony. I am trying to help a friend to buy one by Monday. I'll see how sacramento dealers are dealing!
  • marym2marym2 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Skinnytony, thanks for that info. I contacted Calvin and asked did I misunderstand and he gave me the actual information about the Dealer Cash and yes you are right, it is Dealer Cash, but here is the wording:

"Special $2,000 Dealer Cash on eligible 2008 TL Models from Dec.1st 2007 to January 2nd, 2008. Dealers will not receive Dealer Cash for vehicles sold or leased utilizing the Special AHFC Lease/Purchase Plan. Eligible vehicles sold utilizing this incentive program DO NOT qualify for: 2007 and 2008 Special AHFC APR Financing."

So I could not qualify for both. Calvin did tell me that maybe your Dealership made a mistake, applied the Dealer Cash and gave you the financing, and they ate the difference because it does happen :) Or they might have padded the bill some other way like gave you invoice price then charged destination :confuse: Not sure???

But thanks for all of your help ;) LOVE MY CAR :D
  • akamaddiskakamaddisk Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm currently leasing an '06 TSX and my lease is up June 2008. I have about $2340 in payments remaining. I stopped by the dealership yesterday to see what they had on the lot and I saw a silver CPO '04 TL with Navi, 44K+ miles on it, front/rear/side body kits, spoiler, moon roof visor. The sticker was at $25,895. I asked them if I can end my lease early if I buy this car from them. I test drove the car and started talking some numbers and they gave me a price of $28,229. They basically explained that somebody has to absorb that remaining $2340 left on my current lease. So we talked some more and I finally got them down to $26,500. Does that sound like a good deal given that year TL and my situation (ending lease early then buying)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Doesn't sound too good to me...

If you were looking to buy a new TL that had some sort of special incentive that was going to expire soon, you might make a case for it. But, there will always be another used car to buy..

Basically, you would give away 6 months of use of your current car. Just wait until your lease is up.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• darthcardarthcar Member Posts: 2
    Just received the following quotes (Central N.J.) to purchase:

2008 TL w/o Nav: $28,800

2008 TL w/Nav: $31,100
    marym, that is interesting. The odd thing is that at least 3 dealers offered me both the $2K and the special financing which would mean they were all making a mistake. Something's not right here...

See the details on my purchase in post 8592.
  • jrcar557jrcar557 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you get that pricing and does that include destination? That is great prices...I am in the market and haven't seen those.

Just received the following quotes (Central N.J.) to purchase:

2008 TL w/o Nav: $28,800

2008 TL w/Nav: $31,100
    Yes, that $28,800 figure ($31,100 w/Nav) is very good. The key is the fees, etc. The lowest quote I've gotten is $28,923, but with fees, etc., it came to $31,111 out the door. A quote of $29,057 got me out-the-door at $30,700, which is my best price so far. That's for a Base '08 TL, no Nav.

I'm wondering if I really need to be closing on that offer on Monday. It appears, from what I'm reading here, that the $2K incentive expires end-of-year (or maybe 1/2). But won't the deals get even better once the '09 is announced and/or available?
  • punkyjunior895punkyjunior895 Member Posts: 33
    Best deals will happen in March/ April. By Feb we should know what the next TSX or TL should look like. One of them will be released by April. Summer gets best deals, as few months after [Aug/Sept] makes way for 2009.
  • changw1changw1 Member Posts: 15
    Yesterday, I purchased a 2008 TL (Base w/o Navigation) for $28,995 before tax, licence and registration. I also get the 2.9% 36 months financing rate. There was no negotiation as it was a costco member price. The only dealer added fees was the $55 documentation fees which is reasonable.

The whole purchase process took 3 hours including detailing of the car. I purchased the car from Steven Creeks Acura in San Jose. A very painless process.
  • ksthiebaudksthiebaud Member Posts: 7
    I found a 2007 TL with 10K miles at a dealership in Pittsburgh. They gave me their 'best' price of $31,000 which includes 6% tax. Does this sound reasonable? NO nav, just the basic TL. Loved the car, but I thought they could have done a little better with that much mileage.
    Costco member price is $29,995? I didn't think Costco prices were nearly that good.
  • darthcardarthcar Member Posts: 2
    The prices did not include the destination fee of $715 so prices are as follows:

2008 TK w/o Nav: $29,515

2008 TL w/ Nav: $31,815

Doc fee: $298
    Tags/title: $355
  • changw1changw1 Member Posts: 15
    Costco price is actually $28,995. Basically invoice minus the $2k incentives.
    I have had my new CBP TL-S with 6M for just over a week now and I am totally in love with it. My old car is a 1998 Maxima 5M and on my daily driving routine (of about 13 miles freeway and 10 miles side streets), I have been averaging 22 mpg. Possibly because I tend to accelerate hard and partly because I typically cruise at 77-80 mph on the interstate (depending on traffic). On my first tank with the TL-S (including 20 minutes idling at the dealer), I averaged about 24 MPG and so far on the second tank my average is between 25-26.

That's pretty damn impressive considering the bigger engine, 450 lbs extra weight and an engine with just over 300 miles on it. My friend has a 06 TL 6M and gets 22 ave, and I am much more aggressive than he is. Mileage is one factor I used to decide against the G35S. I also find it annoying that a car like that with a big V-6 and a 6M would be turning over 3000 rpm at 80 MPH. I guess that is where the mileage is going. My Maxima runs about 3300 rpm at 80, not very relaxing. The TL just cruises along almost napping at those speeds. Granted the acceleration is not that sharp in 6th gear, but that is what 5th is for. :surprise: If anyone is still trying to decide on a TL/TL-S, I would do it again and again, it's simply the best combo of luxury, sport and practicality, period.
  • born2driftborn2drift Member Posts: 3
    wow. great price. I thought you can't combine 2k discount with the 2.9% financing (at least that what they told me over the phone).
    precesion in princeton..ask for internet sales manager...michael thomas...great guy..no pressure and no hassel...tell him noah ring sent you and you want same deal...

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com