Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wyngatorwyngator Member Posts: 29
    Hi again,

I failed to notice in your initial post that you were refering to a TYPE S with Navi. That changes what I posted because I bought the base Acura with Navi ....so, actually the prices that you have been quoted might be a really good value.

yes, the good price excludes their financing special.
  • jj84jj84 Member Posts: 5
    5 months ago I ended up with the same as your story. 08 TL-type S price about $ 33,500 but my credit was not that great. After spend almost 2 months shopping, I bought 07 Type-S 15k @ 29,900 and I got special finance from Guaranty bank @4.99% :shades: . I love and enjoy my ride :blush: . I hope you do too
  • gtpirate1gtpirate1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Everyone for the help. I bought the brand new 2008 Acura TL type-S W/ Navi Black on Black at for $34,000 today YEAH!!!!!!!!!!. Bought the car from Presidential Auto Leasing and Sales, its the second car I got from them and they seemed to be pretty competitive. (I did have to do some negotiating though after visiting 6 other major Acura dealerships in the area). The sales guy who I've used on both occasions has a unforgettable name (same as an old famous actor). There info is on their website, and they offered me all the ACURA financing and special manufacturer incentives. By the way they say that they can do this for any manufacturer regardless of make or model. I just figure that it would be good information to pass on. They buy, sell, and lease new or used (ANYTHING). He is the website information http://www.presidentialautoleasing.com/
  • siusidesiuside Member Posts: 7
    Just read on edmunds that Manufacturer to dealer cash incentive has been extended through September, if anyone wanted to take advantage of the offer :shades:
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Does anyone know if the dealer cash is available with a lease?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • purchasingsoonpurchasingsoon Member Posts: 74
    cool, where'd you read that?
  • dtd1dtd1 Member Posts: 10
    Yes. They certainly won't tell you about it up front. But if you push the dealers when negotiating, they'll eventually use a cap cost for leases that's a few grand under invoice.
    the reason I ask it that the G35 has $2000 cash to dealer right now, but you cannot get it with a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I should clarify that I'm shopping a TL Type-S. They definitely included the dealer cash into the lease equation. Not sure about the TL though. Acura is running a lease special on it, so I'm not sure they're also offering the dealer cash as well.
  • siusidesiuside Member Posts: 7
    Acura TL Incentives

Click on Marketing Support after clicking on the above link, for the type you are interested. You can see the new dates in effect for the $2500 Manufacturer to Dealer dates/details.
  • milo57milo57 Member Posts: 16
    I just glanced at the website of Sterling McCall Acura in Houston. An inventory search shows that they have only 10 '08 TSXs left, but they have 92 '08 TLs.

Another Houston dealership is offering the following lease deal on '08 base TLs: $1999 up front, and $359 a month.

The TSX is really more my size and price class, but it seems like this is a good time for anyone interested in a TL to start shopping.
    Another Houston dealership is offering the following lease deal on '08 base TLs: $1999 up front, and $359 a month.
    That deal is a nationwide Acura offer, not a local dealer's offer.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    FYI I tried to back into the $359 a month payment, and I get a selling price for the TL at about $30,000. That is $1750 under invoice. Considering there is a $2500 cash to dealer on the car, you can get a better deal.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • master007master007 Member Posts: 3
    I need to know how much local dealers in Maryland are asking for a 08 TL with Nav?
  • darrenk1darrenk1 Member Posts: 1
    I saw you bought the car at Rosenthal Acura. Can you email me with the name of the salesperson? I am shopping TL's with NAV, and that is much better than the deals I am being offered by the Baltimore Dealerships...did you deal with the internet salesperson? Thanks.

dlesq@hotmail.com
  • dstealth97dstealth97 Member Posts: 5
    A couple of dealers in So Cal quoted me a type S 36,000-36,500 out of the door. Is it a good deal? anyone was able to get a type S cheaper than these prices? thanks.
    Sounds too high. Dealers are getting $2500 in cash from American Honda. The lowest I've been quoted for a Type-S is $33,590. My other local dealer quoted $33,750.
  • binnibinni Member Posts: 4
    what is the break down on your out the door price?
    All charges included, tax, title, license, destination.... Price before all that is 32,545.
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    so what can you lease a TL-S for right now? have the deals become ANY better than a few months ago or is it the same???
    those quotes probably not OTD quotes. You will probably need to add Tax, title and license later.
  • joeolds3joeolds3 Member Posts: 8
    Just bought a 2008 Base TL $29,750 + 186 doc fee and of course sales tax and registration cost on top of this. This did include 3 dealer add ons (trunk tray, mud flaps, and rubber floor mats (400 list)). I called a dealer in St Louis who told me the exact same car would be $29,875 for everything except sales tax and registration. I was worth an extra 60 not to have to travel 500 miles to buy a car, but I had to threaten to do so to get my deal.
  • binnibinni Member Posts: 4
    That's the best price I've been quoted in the so cal area as well, ~32.5k. I'm planning on buying next weekend.

Let me know if you find anything lower. I'll keep searching too.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    For Chicagoland shoppers, the inventory is huge. Trying to understand what pricing (Car+destination) you are seeing for Base TL. Also, what kind of documentation fees are you seeing. Thanks.
  • skeptic5skeptic5 Member Posts: 12
    anybody able to get BOTH the dealer incentive (-2500) off the rpice AND get low financing, like .9%? I know iot's supposed to be one or the other. I'd sure like both:)
  • xpressxpress Member Posts: 8
    I go better pricing in Northern California last week (7/18/08)

Base TL - $28,431
    With NAV - $30,747

The lease price is almost the same which is darn good. I can NOT combine this price with the low financing however. Trying to decide on lease vs purchase vs finance.
  • 2008stype2008stype Member Posts: 41
    I strongly recommend Rizza Acura in Chicago. I got my 3 months ago for $33,289 without haggling. I did get them to waive the Doc fees and throw in mudflaps. Seemed a like a good price to me as out the door with tax was 2K under MSRP. The dealers have to make a living as well as me. Happy with purchase and I am getting very close to the mileage of my 01 V-6 Accord (86 more HP for the cost of premium!). Send Rizza an email and Chuck or Dale will get in touch. The only downside is Chicago sales tax is a bit higher.
  • gundersengundersen Member Posts: 14
    Bad deal even though it has low miles. Look on auto trader and you'll see what i mean. I have a 2000 TL That i bought in Jan. 05 for 15500. it only had 18000 miles. But to me miles don't matter as much as the model year and the overall condition. mine has 63000 miles now. i am selling it soon and expect to get 7 or 8 grand for it. even ones with low miles like the one you're getting should be maybe 10 or 11. Do a search on auto trader. blue book doesn't mean much. it's the competition that matters. Also these cars are known to have costly transmission repairs. You could prob. get a nice 04 for a few grand more, which is a way better car.
  • matt35621matt35621 Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone, here are the details on a lease that I expect to take on Wed on a Base TL with Navi. Its in Cleveland and is for 36 months @ 12,000 miles.
    - $31,543 (invoice less $2500)
    - Residual = 54% of MSRP
    - Money Factor = .00133
    - Acq Fee = $595 paid upfront
    - Title, license & doc = $265 paid upfront
    - Tax @ 6.5% paid upfront

This worked up to $439 per month but only because I included $1040 of negative equity into my cap cost.

The only thing I can't figure out is why they make you choose between the $2,500 and low apr when you buy but essentially let you have both when you lease (money factor equates to 3.19%). Any explanations?
    when the 2009 TL hits the dealers - any of you think that due to the slow car market that those NEW 09 models will be selling AT or NEAR invoice, or will they try to jack them up to MSRP?
  • spiffy_dudespiffy_dude Member Posts: 12
    We have decided to go with Some other car/trim.. AutoWest (Stevens Creek) Acura salesman called me and offered $30500 for TL with Nav and wouldn't go down.
    Serramonte Acura says that they will beat the price..
    just FYI for anyone looking to buy.. AutoWest seems very keen on selling Type-S though. Seems like they might have a few in stock..
    what do you all think:

buy new TL-S at the discounted price of around $32500

OR

buy a 2007. I have found several 2007s that are either certified or on other large dealer lots with 29999 asking prices. given trade in values, i'm guessing if i was ON the lot with a CHECK IN HAND and offered 25k they would take it.

would you consider getting a used car with 10-15k miles on it, at a savings of about $7000 worth it?
    A car like this will depreciate a lot the first year or so. I decided to buy new as then I would know the history of the car. I my area (120 miles from nearest dealer) there are quite a few TLs about but one rarely sees them for sale. I read this as most are quite happly with the car.

I am always wondering about how the car was broken in and cared for if the owner wants to sell so soon. How much is this uncertainty worth to you? You might get a good deal or then????
  • newcar12newcar12 Member Posts: 6
    xpress, was that pricing for 08?

Today Stevens Creek Acura in Silicon Valley offers $25,900 for 07 Basic TL with 13k miles. (KBB = +$31k).

By comparison, they also have an 06 for the exact same price w/ Navi & 37k miles.

I said, "What gives with the price difference?" and friendly Mr. Lee said they have too much inventory, blah, blah.

The 07's price is the starting price, not yet haggled -- It seemed fantastic to me.... However your numbers make me believe I can get even LOWER.

Should I grab that 07 at that price? Can I go lower?

I'm hours away from making a purchase here or through a private party. (wife's 40th b-day this week)
    Yes, that was for a new 2008. I'm shopping both Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale.

You are thinking along the same lines as me. If a new 08' goes for $28k and change why can't I get a 2007 with less than 20k miles for $25K or less (or at least one with NAV)?

I took a test drive last night at Sunnyvale and asked what about an 07' and the sales guy said I'd be better off with an 08' (really ;-?). My thought is that some of these 07's were purchased off lease a few months ago before Acura started offering the dealer cash back. The dealers may have more invested in the used 07's and would actually loose money if they sold it for $25k so they push the 08's where they can still make a profit. Of course the price of the 07' is never going to go back up so they might be in the 'previous investment trap' dilemma.

Other notes:

1) The KBB used value is way off on these as you can see. A used 07' is worth more than a new, zero mileage 08'?
    2) There are a LOT of new TL's out there. I might wait till the end of August. The .9% rate will probably go up but so might the cash back to dealer.
    3) Also looking at used 530i's - 2006's might be had for $30k. It drives very nice .
    Also remember there were changes in the 2007 model (not sure exactly what). I just learned this and I'm now steering away from 2006's.
    I'm heading to Sunnyvale Acura this afternoon to see if they can make my day.

Both Sunnyv & Stevens Creek currently advertise "Internet only" pricing on 07 Basic models, both with 13k miles, for ~$25,950. Hmmm, it's as if they're looking at each other's pricing. Ya think?

(Geography for those local: you can basically walk between these 2 dealerships.)

My impression of local mkt right now:

* Dealer price cuts are more aggressive than private party (Craigslist, etc)
    * Some dealers have too many TLs (StCr & Sunnyv); others almost none (Los Gatos)

Therefore:
    * I'm moving a private-party focus to more time with dealers.

* Even though that jacks up the price (tax/fees, etc)

* Ex: there's a 05 TL (Nav) with 53k miles on CL for $22k. Bad deal compared to 07 (no Nav) with 13k miles + warranty for $25k? (IMHO)

* Asked Ferrante & Sons (3rd party broker) to help but they haven't been responsive

I'll let you know what Sunnyv says.
    Oh yeah - My impression re: KKB values is that they are currently not in line at all with the current local sales climate.

That's frustrating, b/c the salesmen tote "Below KKB!" ad nauseum.

But at least its somewhat confirms the general impression these cars are being priced to sell. IMHO
    Great and good luck. Let us know how you make out. I think you can score an 08' Base for 28K even or less. That's a great deal which may get better but even so it's about the same price as a upscale Accord.

I looked at that 07' at S Creek last week. The price hasn't changed in a week and I noticed it's not a certified car. The 06' they have is certified, maybe that's the reason for the price discrepancy.

I was originally attracted by the 08' in the showroom. "Dealer Demo' - which I though I could get a good price on. After a bit of digging I find out a salesperson crashed it and the front end was repaired. They still would hardly budge on price.
  • gkelmgkelm Member Posts: 9
    Recently received this in and emial from a dealship in the Dallas area:

2008 TL
    MSRP $34,440
    $5,970 Total Savings

They even had posted $2300 off an 09 TSX, as well as big discounts on MDX, RDX, RL, etc. Hope this helps as a reference...I'm still debating on what to get myself.

Greg
    On the TL that is about $700 below invoice + the $2,500 dealer cash. I am only getting invoice + $2,500 from the local dealer here (Phoenix)

I haven't pushed them that much because I really want a G35.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    do any of you think that the 09 TL is going to be priced/sold as aggressively as the 08s? meaning you will get invoice pricing...or will they sell at or near MSRP?

it's a new car..but the economy/car market is so bad now...I just don't see how they will really get full price
    Just posted above where a dealer here is already knocking 2300 off an 09 TSX, so I would think the 09 TL could be had for a similar discount...at least a month or two after the initial units sell and they get stock sitting on the lots.
    One other thing I found out after visiting today: this dealership has 90 Tls (60 on the lot and 30 more coming), so that is certainly playing a role in their price cuts.
    I have been following the Maxima pricing thread on the new 09 model. There are some dealers that are trying to get $1,500 over sticker, while some are selling at $2,000 below sticker. It all comes down to location, location, location.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Around here, dealers still quote 32,500-32,900 for a 08 type S. anyone seeing anything lower than that?
  • hl08809hl08809 Member Posts: 5
    If your price for a TL-S before destination is $32,545 I would say that is a good deal. I did a lot of internet and dealer shopping in NJ and the best offer I got was $32,460 before destination for a TL-S automatic in silver. I would say any offer for this car around $32,500 is competitive. Good luck.
    So how did you make out? Did you buy a car?
    Rizza (Chicago) waived the Doc fee once I said I would not pay it. Why pay for them to fillout the paperwork. Most dealers try to get this but I have always been able to get Mazda and Honda to waive it once I called them on it.
  • kcs76kcs76 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me understand why the current offer of 1.9% APR OR $2500 cash rebate (which is a factory to dealer incentive, not a customer cash offer) is either/or and not both?