Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-150 SUPERCREW

Comments

• atlanta4atlanta4 Member Posts: 51
    I'm going to see a Supercrew w/the towing & HD cooling package including that is currently in the dealer's inventory & have been closely following these posts on this subject. I assume if the tranny cooler is installed it will be right in front of the radiator the way most aftermarket ones are. Where exactly should I measure the radiator to see if it actually is the HD model?? BTW guy21, I have read other posts from people who got the same unpleasant radiator surprise with their Screws & pointed it out to the dealer and they upgraded it for them for 'no charge' (since they had already paid for it anyway). Just a thought, please post your outcome with your situation.
  • guy21guy21 Member Posts: 129
    Call the Ford Customer Service 800# and give them the VIN. They can tell exactly what equipment is on the truck. As far as trans coolers go, if you have the 5.4L you have a standard duty cooler already. If you bought a 5.4 and the CLIII package, you probably did not get the upgraded trans cooler that is supposed to be a part of the HD Elec/Cool package. A single row radiator is a single row radiator no matter how wide it is at the bottom. For some reason, the Ford towing capacity books list the Supercrews at 7,700 lb capacity if they have the CLIII package even though it doesn't contain the HD parts.
  • psktruckerpsktrucker Member Posts: 18
    I just towed a 3000 lb. trailer that I bought used from a private party. It came with the Reese equalizer/anti-sway system but it was not compatible with my receiver. I stopped at a camper dealer that sells this camper and was told I did not need the equalizer for this type of trailer (pop-up 3250 gvwr)being pulled by this vehicle (2001 SC 4x4 lariat). He told me those equalizers were for smaller vehicles such as minivans(which is what the previous owner pulled it with) and such that could not handle the weight. However, he did suggest the anti-sway for this model trailer.

I'm not sure what you mean by rides like a tank, but mine pulled fine. It just felt like I was towing a trailer. There was some slight sway action going on back there but it was not noticeable in the vehicle. (I will be installing the anti-sway setup)

Hope this helps a little. I have had my SC for 13 months and 28,000 miles later has been completely perfect.
    I heard from my dealer today. He said the factory rep. checked the build history and that my Supercrew does have the HD battery and trans cooler upgrade (this is the opposite from what Ford told me on the phone). However, the rep. did admit that it does not have the HD radiator. Instead, he said, the Supercrews are equipped with a "fail-safe" cooling system. I have asked for a meeting with the rep. to discuss what fail-safe is and to verify the other equipment. Has anyone else been told this?
    Went to see a Supercrew today with Off Road & towing package. Looked specifically at the radiator and it clearly had the 'regular' radiator. I pointed this out to the salesman and manager along with other's similar experience from this website as well as the info from the Ford brochure. He apparently had never had this question raised so he gave me a copy of the latest Ford group options list dated 5/14/01. After looking at the Class III trailer towing group (#535)and 'OffRoad' equipment group (55R)options list - the HD radiator is NOT listed as included with these packages as it 'seems' to be in the factory brochure. After seeing this, I went home to consider my 'options' and carefully scrutinized the brochure on page 16 under options/features. Under the CL III towing group option it clearly states the HD electrical/cooling group is included. However!, cleverly hidden in the section for the HD electrical/cooling group option itself - look for a tiny number '1' after the word 'group'. Then look to the bottom of the page and it says (1) is "not available with Supercrew". Sounds like the Ford lawyers may use this classic case of the 'fine print' to avoid including an option that is listed elsewhere. Sure sounds like a class action suit if enough people bought the truck under the assumption that the HD radiator was included. I honestly don't think the dealer knew about this & I don't see any clearance problem for why they couldn't put the HD radiator in there. But seriously, if enough people bombard the Ford customer service site about this they might blink. I might buy the truck anyway because it had everything else I wanted & I still think the Screw is the best truck for my needs but I'll sure look everything else over before I do buy one.
    Hope this helps with the controversy. I'll be happy to post the dealer options printout he gave me if someone will tell me how to do it.
  • juiciusjuicius Member Posts: 5
    A word about holdback, as I understand it, the holdback is money coming form the manufacturer to the dealer to defray the financing cost. Dealer typically takes out a short term loan to finance the vehicles to fill its lot. Customers stroll in, pick from the lot, and once the vehicle is sold, the dealer can receive the holdback from the manufacturer which is usually 3 months worth of financing charges.

So the best case senario for holdback is if a customer comes in and special orders a vehicle, and once the vehicle is built, delivered, and driven away, the dealer pockets the entire holdback, despite the fact that he never had to shoulder any (or negligible) financing costs.

Worst case senario is if the vehicles sits on the lot over 3 months, and the financing costs have basically eaten up the holdback.

This doesn't always mean that salesmen will push every customer to buy special order. Bird in hand over two in the bush is probably the one of the most revered retail mantra. So the salesmen would rather you fork over the money and drive away in a new vehicle TODAY.

This may also factor in on why you can get a deep discount from a high volume dealer. Aside from other benefits, high volume means that vehicles stay on the lot for less time which can potentially increase the net holdback, which can go toward deeper discount, etc.

But generally, it would not be correct to enter a dealership tihnking that (1) holdback is a sure thing, and (2) holdback could be leveraged against sale price.
  • tkenny53tkenny53 Member Posts: 41
    yes I see that now, but... in the dealer book of options, I dont recall reading that, or seeing it anywhere with that restriction, now I do believe its includeded on the 7700 pay load group, only if you get the 5.4 motor. I think what it means ( the handy flyer book) if one were to read it as is, that a person can not select the hd heating/cooling group all by itself as an option with the supercrew but is OK with the standard and the supercab. I think it needs to be included with the tow package to be available, since the battery and the trany cooler are already there installed.
    I found a thread on F-150 Online today (ID# 45501)reporting a class action suit being filed against Ford for the radiator dilema. The law firm said to be handling it is Milberg Weiss.
    Going to pick up my Screw today. Lariat 4X4 loaded. Still don't have the radiator issue resolved yet (does it or doesn't it have the HD radiator?) Supposedly the service manager can't tell the difference - this is hard to believe. Anyway, after much hard negotiations I'm getting this truck with more options for less money than all the others locally I have seen. The addition of a $1500 cash back/rebate from Ford sealed the deal for me.
    Thanks for the tip on the F150 website - I will be following it closely (as I'm sure you will!) while I try to see if I can get some info from Ford on my own.
    What is the status of your request for a refund from Ford? Are you otherwise happy with the truck?
  • smith82smith82 Member Posts: 3
    Good thing I dropped into this site. I was at the dealership today and they are trying to locate a Supercrew for me. The salesman told me that if I got the CL 111 Trailer Towing Group I did not need to order the HD Electrical/Cooling Group because it was already included. However I don't see any mention of an HD Radiator. Is this the "super engine cooling" they mention in the HD Electrical/Cooling Group listed on Page 16. Do you have to order the 7700 Payload Group? The 7700 Payload Group does not list an HD Radiator either. Can the SuperCrew physically accomodate a larger radiator? Another question, do you need the 3.73 rear axle or can the 3.55 handle 6000-7000lbs?
  • wlm26wlm26 Member Posts: 33
    Okay, I've always been a GM man, but since they've decided to build their 1/2 ton crewcabs as 3/4 tons in 1/2 ton clothing, I've become a SuperCrew man. Here's my delimma. I want a 4wd SuperCrew, 5.4 XLT. If this truck is only going to be for driving, possibly pulling nothing heavier than a motorcycle, jetskis, or small boat, is it a good idea to go without the Cls III trailer pckg?? I was thinking of just adding a hitch to the frame and going with that alone. Do the heavy duty shocks make the ride rougher? The heavy duty tranny cooler, battery, and electrical wiring (not really sure what to say about the HD radiator, needed or not??) are mainly for towing, or would it make a difference when driving in the mountains on steep grades? How many people are actually going with the Premium stereo system with the 6-disc changer?? And is the power seat worth the money?? I'm going with the heated, but wasn't sure about the power seat?? Would I be better off buying aftermarket side-steps than buying the ones offered? Any help in this is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Went to the dealer today to determine which HD Elec/Cool parts my truck has installed as part of the CLIII package that I paid for. Result; it does have the HD battery (650 CCA vs. 540), it does have the upgraded trans cooler (13 row vs. 8, I have the 5.4L), it does not have the 2 row radiator (only the 1.02" one row). As I won't tow over CLIII, the one row radiator is probably all I will ever need and I don't want the bother of having a different radiator installed. For my own knowledge, I asked the dealer to tell me what the retail price difference was from the one row I had to the two row I thought should have been installed. He told me the difference is $0.28. As in 28 cents per their pricing.

wim26 - I hope this may help with your towing decision. If you look at a Lariat, the base stereo is "premium" with s single CD in the dash (no cassette). The power seat is also standard in the Lariat as is leather. If you want them heated, you have to additionally order the captains chair option as far as I know. I have all of the above and am satisfied with the vehicle. Don't know about the HD shocks being any harsher riding than the std. Ford ones, but this thing rides as well as my last Suburban.
  • smith82smith82 Member Posts: 3
    I discovered by accident that some of the 6cd changers are located behind the passenger side rear seat. To get to it you must fold that seat forward. This is a problem if you have childrens seats or gear back there. Then I went to another dealership and inquired about this and the salesman insisted that it is no longer installed in the rear. He said it is installed in the front of the cab but he did not have one to show me. I figure it's just going to take up space so I'll save the money and get the standard one that is offered with the lariat.
  • jsr283jsr283 Member Posts: 7
    Was informed by a dealer yesterday that it was too late to order a 2001 but could already order a 2002 with a 6 to 8 week delivery. No 2002 yr. literature was available, but an order printout that was given to me for consideration includes retail prices for my requested options that are identical to 2001 prices and the base price is only $30 more. This surprises me because I had always thought that next year models came at an increased cost. Could this mean that the 2002 is no different than the 2001? It occurs to me that the cash back and low financing are probably not available on 2002's and that this may constitute the difference in pricing between the two year models. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Does anyone know of any web sites that already have information on the 2002 Screws? Also, am curious that there doesn't seem to be any mention of Ford F150's pitiful performance in the recent Insurance Institute Offset Crash Test in this forum. I am a Ford fan and certainly do not want to bash, but it seems that the test results would cause some concern and generate some discussion.
    Thanks in advance.
    Picked up new Supercrew & my wife promptly loaded up the kids & luggage & drove to show her friend in Orlando! Oh well, I got to drive it home from the dealer, WOO HOO!
    This thing is even nicer than I expected - way nicer than my previous F150 & older model Chevy & Toyotas.
    As far as the Class III towing pkg.- I think it's a good investment for the relatively low cost. The hitch & wiring are all factory Ford installed - always a good thing if anything goes wrong later. The question about the radiator still rubs me the wrong way a little. Seems they could have avoided all this by being a little clearer in the brochure & ordering literature. If you're going to tow anything you need lights so I'd go for the factory towing pkg if cost is not a major issue. I think owners manual in mine says it's rated to tow around 7000lbs w/5.4L, 3.55 gears & 4X4 as mine is equipped. I'd go check but truck & owners manual are both gone! Mine has Off Road pkg w/HD shocks & rides very well. The truck is pretty heavy anyway so I doubt the HD shocks make a big difference in the ways it rides until you tow something.
    The heated seats are available with the bench but I only saw one with this combination on the dealer lots. We wanted the bench 'cause the seats felt as comfortable as the captains chairs without the big console in the way and the power seats are really nice for getting it adjusted just right.
    I wanted the aftermarket chrome 'nerf bars' instead of the factory steps but the black ones were included in the deal on mine. Just make sure that you check underneath how they're attached to the frame- the dealer didn't install all the bolts in mine so they weren't straight when I got it home but they will fix this.
    Several local dealers told me they wouldn't be able to order he 2002's til early September & they do a pretty high volume - I'd seriously question a 6-8 week delivery on a 2002. They'll promise anything to get a deposit then string you along.
    So far very happy with the truck & did a lot of research before final purchase.
  • curtisloewcurtisloew Member Posts: 6
    I have had my '01 Screw for two almost three weeks. Last Friday after washing the truck, I climbed into the bed to wipe off excess water from the grooves on top of the cab. I hate to pull away from the car wash bay and have the water on top stream down on the windshield. Anyhow, while I'm up there, I find a 7 1/2 inch tear along the inside groove on the passenger side.

I called my sales guy. He asks me to take pics and e-mail them to him. I did this and by the next Wednesday, I haven't heard anything. I drive two hours to the dealership only to discover that no one seems to know about my problem, the sales guy is off that day, and the service dept says all they can do is send it to a bodyshop. I made it clear that this was not an option since I had no idea of how much water has gone into the cab even before I purchased the truck.

I got a call this morning from the Service Dept. chief. He talked to the Regional Service guy from Ford and he says the only option they can offer is bodyshop repair. I just don't think I should have to take this since I wouldn't have bought the truck had I known the defect was there. It seems the tear is located where a seam should be and the sealer used to bond the metal didn't hold or whatever.

Please give your vehicle a complete inspection before you leave the lot. Top to bottom and back to front. You will not have a leg to stand on and absolutely no support from FORD if you try to take it back. I have a meeting with the regional guy next week but I don't hold out much hope.
    Buyer Beware!
    Have the dealer pull the headliner down, look for rust at the underside of the crack, also signs of mud.Make sure they "give" you a loaner, make sure they also check the side panels of the cab for water damage. see how often they high pressure cleaning their cars on the lot. push push push, the more trouble you make the more they may see its cheaper to do an exchange of trucks, call FORDS Headquarters and get a claim number. Check the speakers for damage also
  • connonconnon Member Posts: 52
    while using a chamois today I noticed an area about the size of a nickle on the hood of my '01 king ranch where the paint is starting to crackle. this truck is 6 months old and has less than 3000 miles on it.checking the warranty guide I can find no reference to the finish , only rust and perforation.would this be covered under my 3 year bumper to bumper or am I screwed? this vehicle is far from neglected, I must have polished it at least 3 times with a non abrasive silicon based (Amsoils "silicon shield")product.also while looking real close at the area in question, it appears no clear coat in this spot. so much for quality control.
    Agree with tkenny. Make some noise via Ford customer service. Doubt that the dealership will be of much help as they will just pass your complaints up the line - if they do anything at all.
    Keep a log of every call you make & who you talked to about the problem. If you get nowhere through Ford channels and decide to pursue relief through other avenues your own records are critical in proving your case. Good Luck! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    Sounds like a spot of bird crap,thats about all I can think of.I've seen it before on my old truck, could never fix it. There seems to be items going on here about the cab roof all of a sudden. And since the cab is above most people's eye level, its time to jump in the bed and start looking.
  • rs2001rs2001 Member Posts: 2
    Glad to have found this site. After much looking and analyzing, we have decided to buy a F150 Super crew. The offset crash test is a little worrisome but the truck is a beauty and would fit our needs very nicely. We were on the lot today and looked at several 2001's. The dealer has a nicely loaded demo Lariat that my wife seems to love. MSRP=$33585, Invoice=$27901 (I/I best. charge). Using Edmunds advice, new we should be paying around $28740. However here we are late in 2001. In addition, this is a demo with 5000 miles. Does anyone have any advice on:
    1) are there problems with buying a demo?; and
    2) how do you figure in a deduction for mileage?

Also, I assume that rebates ($1500 in this case) and trade-ins are deducted after settling on a price? Any insight would be appreciated.
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    rs2001,

keep in mind the offset crash was on a supercab, not a supercrew. the supercrew has a b pillar that the supercab doesn't. this may enhance structural integrity in an offset crash...
  • vtsupcrewvtsupcrew Member Posts: 2
    Discovered a spot on the bottom of the driver side door that sounds similar to yours. Was a defect. Body shop mgr said it looked like a hair got under the paint on application. Dealership fixed it under warranty. Had to sand it down and repaint. Looks good as new.
  • truckin4truckin4 Member Posts: 2
    Back to emale's note. What's a b pillar? In researching crash test data, the supercrew rated better than the supercab. Maybe your right.
    the b pillar is between the front and rear doors...where your seat belt is attached. the supercab doesn't have this pillar because of the way in which its rear doors open. the s-crew did very well in the government full frontal test. but the supercab does well in this test too. the theory is that in an offset test (a test which is much more demanding of the vehicles structure vs the full frontal test) the supercrew would probably do better because of the b pillar. of course this is only conjecture since s-crews haven't been offset tested yet.
  • af2c32af2c32 Member Posts: 6
    I received an e-mail from the Ford Customer Service people and they informed me that the Option #535 is NOT available with the F-150 series and they are trying to inform the dealerships that this opiton should not be offered. Thus the Class III Towing package is not an option and now I wonder if the stated towing capacity of the F-150 Supercrew is correct or not? The saga continues--don't let the dealership try to sell you this option--have them contact Ford!
    Did Ford say this was a change for 2002? If not, then Ford owes Supercrew owners hundreds of thousands of dollars in refunds. Overall, I'm very happy with my Screw so far but have been concerned with this whole Class III towing/HD radiator SNAFU. Naturally, the dealer has not raised this issue. I'd really appreciate it if anyone out there has specific info about any TSB's from Ford regarding this or who they spoke to at Ford that has actual technical knowledge about this. I don't want to go to the dealer & demand my money back but I darn sure want the truck to have what I paid for on it.
  • wlm26wlm26 Member Posts: 33
    Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to find the head and tailights from a Lightning for my Screw???
    how about finding one on the dealer's lot...sneak in late at night and claim them as your own...!
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    appear to be the same as what is available thru Stylin' Concepts and others as "Euro" lights for aorund $140 -150 (I think). They also sell a clear headlights ($300+ set) but not sure how that compares. I haven't looked at the new Lightning that closely yet.
  • leeg3leeg3 Member Posts: 5
    I've been reading all the past postings & would like to thank everyone for their former contributions & thank you in advance for answering my current questions (I appologize for the length).

I had decided to buy an Screw XLT with only the limited slip diff. & cab steps as options, but the selections at my local dealers are "slim pickin's" & most of the trucks remaining have several options installed.

Would someone be so kind to help with the following questions:

1. Is the ride (i.e. tranny performance) for the 5.4 much better than the 4.6; someone had alluded to this awhile ago, I think.

2. Should I go with the 5.4 if I'm looking for the limited slip diff. & towing package?

3. What's the verdict on the towing package anyway? Would I be able to transport a car on a trailer? And, should I make a "big stink" up front about the radiator?

4. My main reason for the limited slip is for a possible relocation up north & anxiety with cold climate driving (currently not much snowfall in FLA), but the salesman said that lim. slip isn't much of a help in snow?

5. Is there any history of a cash incentive/ rebate on a new year model? Am considering waiting a few months for an '02 Screw, but don't want to miss out on the $1500 deal.

6. I like the deep blue color choice, but worried about possible repair work / aftermarket product matching since it's no longer being offered as a color choice.

Had a few more ?'s, but can't rememeber now! Thanks again to everyone!
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    Don't listen to a FLA car saleman's advice on the limited slip in snow, I have seen plenty of 2wd trucks get further in deep snow then 4wd's without limited slip.
    Leeg3:
    Here are my thoughts regarding your questions on a new Supercrew.
    IMHO:
    1.I haven't driven one with a 4.6L but mine with the 5.4L rides very nice. As far as the tranny - not sure but I think the 5.4L might have a different tranny than the 4.6L. At any rate, the 5.4L comes with a HD transmission cooler with should improve longevity & transmission performance particularly if towing is a consideration. If you're thinking about towing anything -go for the 5.4L & it will be money well spent.
    2. See #1 above. The 5.4L is built with heavier internals i.e. than the 4.6L and has better torque & HP. Both of these will be noticed when you do some towing. Mine has the 5.4L w/towing pkg, 4X4 w/off road package which also includes heavier duty shocks. I have a 26' two axle travel trailer that I've been fixing up all summer to take to my hunting camp. It's old (a 1973 model) and heavy (around 4500-5000lbs). I hooked it up & pulled it around the North Georgia mountains last week and the truck pulled this heavy trailer effortlessly. I could steer it with one finger on the wheel everywhere but the steepest downhill curves where I would get a little sway but I haven't put a sway control hitch on the truck yet.
    3. I think the towing package is worth getting but the verdict is still out on the radiator issue. My truck is back at the dealer getting two tone paint applied & I have continued to inquire about the radiator. I mentioned a TSB (technical service bulletin) the I had heard mentioned on the f150 online site. This seemed to get their attention & they are looking further into it while the truck is in the shop getting painted. I am not optimistic however. I still like the towing package - it's just too bad Ford didn't clarify this earlier.
    4. As far as driving in snow - the salesman might be right. Chains will give you better grip whether you have limited slip or not. 4WD is better yet but if there's ice (and there will be) you're going to slide even if you're driving a tank. If you're new to cold weather driving going slow and braking carefully makes more difference than what kind of car you're driving.
    The limited slip is a relatively cheap upgrade however & will come in handy if you're pulling a boat up a steep ramp.
    5. I grabbed the $1500 to get a 2001 when I found the truck I wanted. Mine is loaded & I was lucky to find one decked out like I wanted. Don't know about incentives for the 2002's but doubt they will be as generous for the times being.
    6. Get the color you like. They can always match the color by computer if need be.
    Sorry this got so long but hope it helps.
    in a vehicle as heavy as the s-crew...you are much better off getting the larger engine. btw, all s-crews whether eqipped with the 4.6l or 5.4l come with the same tranny (4r70w). the only exception might be the harley davidson version where someone on f150online claims to the have the beefier 4r100 unit.
    Thanks for the replies!

I had a friend (former Ford mechanic) drive the 4.6 & 5.4 & he also noticed a considerable difference between ride quality (the 5.4 transferring many road imperfections). Supposedly these 2 have the same suspension, etc... & we made sure they had the same tires (although we couldn't check tire pressure). While the 4.6 with towing package wasn't as smooth as the 4.6 without it, it was still better than the 5.4.

Since I'm buying as a truck/SUV compromise, I would like a smoother ride, but don't want to sacrifice power. I'm not expecting a truck to ride like a caddy, but I can't believe that a difference in engine weight is the cause.

Several people have told me that their 5.4 rides smooth, but would like more confirmation.

Also, the brakes on the 4.6 were very soft (like an old U-haul) while the 5.4 brakes were excellent. Go figure.
    my s-crew with 5.4l and trailor tow package rides just like it should...like a truck. it is neither mushy nor bone jarring...it is a pleasant in-between. mine is a 4x4 and thus i can't compare to a 2wd version. also, i haven't driven an s-crew with the 4.6l. i don't really know why the s-crews with 5.4l would ride worse, if anything they should ride better since there is more weight on the front suspension.
  • wesyangwesyang Member Posts: 32
    If you are looking for a truck/SUV compromise and smooth ride, check out new Chevy Avalanche. I did test drive two days ago, the ride is very good even with Z71 (off-road package).
    Yes, Avalanche is not a good looking truck as Screw so I don't want to go for it. However, it has all the functions that Screw has. Plus, it has side-airbags, fog lights, hard bed cover, better towing capacity and more as standard. Of cause, it also costs more.
    gm should have given the avalanche to pontiac since it reminds me of the many heavily plastic clad cars that division produces...imo it ranks right behind the aztek for ugliest vehicle on the road!
    Ok. Went to a different dealer today; drove a 5.4 with lim. slip & towing package with the same tires (Generals) that were on the previous test vehicles.

This truck drove much better than the other 5.4's I tested. Not like the ride of the 4.6 I mentioned before, but vastly better. However, the brakes were soft, which I don't understand.

I'm thinking the prevsious poor 5.4 rides were due to those particular trucks sitting in one spot for awhile. Perhaps they developed a flat spot on the tire?
    You may have a point about the truck sitting for a while. This should resolve when the tires are warmed up after about 5 miles though. Really don't think there should be much difference in ride between the 5.4 & 4.6. You might try driving both trucks over the same stretch of road.

Agree with emale about the cladding on the Avalanche. The general reaction I've heard is either love it or hate it. It definitely gives the truck an unmistakable appearance. Wonder what it would look like with the cladding toned down a bit?
  • dlh4x4dlh4x4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm waiting to order an '02 King Ranch SuperCrew and found that a new option for "02 is a rear bench seat instead of the standard captains chairs. It says that it is "late availability" Does anyone know what the option code is and when I can order one?
  • connonconnon Member Posts: 52
    Any King Ranchers out there having problems with the seat back map pockets? My leather must have shrunk because the magnetic snaps do not even match up anymore.Took it back to the dealer who ran the problem through the computer and came up with no service bulletins regarding the issue.I cant stand the sight of these pockets hanging open, even with nothing in them.A normal snap would have been the answer,the magnetic ones are worthless......p.s. would have much preferred a bench seat in the rear to the buckets.much easier to fold down to load up luggage than the buckets with the center console.
  • linksavagelinksavage Member Posts: 1
    I've got a lease that ends in September and plan to buy a Lariat SuperCrew in the DFW area. Will pricing continue to go lower between now and then on the 2001's?

Thanks.
    Got word from my dealer today about the radiator. The service manager confirmed that my radiator is indeed a 'standard' one and that Ford is in the process of 'developing' a radiator for the S'crew HD application. Don't know if this involves a different mounting system for the existing 2 row HD radiator or an entirely new radiator. He said an 'Owner Notification" would be issued within 30-60 days to those affected by this issue. I have to give my dealership a lot of credit on this because they're the ones who did the research with Ford and confirmed my suspicions about the radiator. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up but this really represents a quantum leap from what I expected in trying to get this resolved. Ford has essentially admitted that the issue exists therefore some sort of resolution should be forthcoming. At any rate, those of you who have concerns would do well to check your purchase literature (window stickers, invoices, etc..) to see if your S'crews were supposed to have this option. I will post any updates as I receive them.
    Would like to thank everyone for all the help & support. I'm picking up my S-crew tmw!!! Got a really great deal with X-plan & current rebates. Took some time to find what I wanted (due to dwindling stock), but I found one. Thanks again!
  • truckin4truckin4 Member Posts: 2
    Just got my Supercrew Saturday. Man I love it! Anyone buying a truck in the SW Fla. area needs to go to Charlotte County Ford, had excellent experience buying my Crew. Awesome dealership.
    Congrats leeg3 & truckin4! I'm sure you'll be as happy as I am with the S'crew. It's an awesome truck. As long as we're giving out dealer kudos -Team Ford in Marietta (GA) really treated us well & my posts have listed the issues they helped us with. They were very helpful, prompt & courteous without being pushy and gave us a much better deal than we found anywhere else. They've given us great service after the purchase too. Give 'em a call if you live in GA.
    My dealer's parts man found the following message on the Ford dealer parts computer system:
    "Attention: Radiator Concern: 2001 F150, 5.4L engine with trailer tow pkg (XL3Z-8005-AA) If you have concerns call Ford FCSD reg. office. Bulletin #3556"
    The dealer was passing this on to his area rep. in my behalf. Does anyone have an opinion on what this means?
    See my earlier post #795. Thr Bulletin 3556 migt refer to the Technical Service Bulletin I mentioned previosly,
  • curtisloewcurtisloew Member Posts: 6
    I reported a few weeks ago that I had discovered a tear or separation in the metal on the roof of the cab on my '01 Screw. The dealer wanted to bodyshop it and I refused. The Regional Service guy with FORD wanted to bodyshop and I refused. The dealer sent a guy two hours to my home and swapped me out with a new 01 Screw exactly like my other minus the tear. Still haven't made the first payment yet. We still have paperwork to complete and they will have to write me a check for the taxes and registration but that should do it. Just wanted to let you know that justice still prevails in some parts of the world, even in Louisiana! -Chris
This discussion has been closed.