Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pharmd718pharmd718 Member Posts: 78
    I placed an order for the X-limited at bill kolb subaru. When the car came in, I brought a check for the full amount. However, I was told that I can't pick up the car till the following week (the car was sitting on the lot with my name on it). I was told that they don't have the time to have a salesperson show me around the car.

I informed them that I paid for the car in full and should be able to pick it up when I want it. They informed me that unless I came by that specific day at a specific time they would not give me the car because they will not have a salesperson to help me. They want their sales people to concentrate as much time on selling the car and spend as little time as possible actually getting the car to the customer.

When I came back to get the car, the sales person handed me the keys and said "all you need to know is in the instruction manual" and then asked me if there is anything I needed to now. I asked him about filling the car with gas and he said "oh yea, make sure that the cap clicks when you close it".

That was it!!!! I will never buy from them again! :mad:

http://www.bkcars.com/
  • red927red927 Member Posts: 118
    When I picked up my wife's new Subaru Legacy last month, I noticed that the window sticker had a listing for a "Full Tank of Gas". When I pointed it out to the staff, they gave me cash to fill it up!
  • pharmd718pharmd718 Member Posts: 78
    At least I got the full gas tank. But then again, they had over 10 days to fill up the car because they did not want to release it to me unless I came by during a very specific and small window of time.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats to capitano, pokeyone, golfnff, and KingAJ (you are the 3rd AJ on these forums, wow!).

fastLayne: did you close the deal?

If anyone is looking for a price reference, go to fitzmall.com. They have no-haggle pricing and if you can beat them, you're golden, IMHO.

VIP is 2% under invoice, IIRC. Seems like dealers are dealing, so you may not have to go through the trouble.

We used VIP back in May to order one, but supply was still very short back then.
  • MplsmanMplsman Member Posts: 11
    Following your recommendation I went to fitzmall.com, but I couldn't find options listed anywhere. Without knowing the options included on a particular vehicle I can't compare w/ other dealer quotes. Am I missing something on their website?

Thanks!
  • redcellredcell Member Posts: 1
    Hi, got this price from a Subaru dealer in Bayridge, Brooklyn- 20,750 $ excluding NY state taxes (1737.82) and new plates (160) and other fee of 25$. Total out the door price was 22,715.32$. dealer MSRP ~ 22,090$ and dealer invoice at 21,078$. The only thing extra in the car given by the dealer was all weather mats and a full tank of gas- no other extra attachments. Looked like the salesman/manager would have gone down by ~ 500$ more if I waited for a week to two more. Little not satisfied with the deal - felt that I should have not rushed in to the deal- anyways guys- please let me know how this deal was-- ur comments awaited !!
    If you select several vehicles to compare, or click on any one, then you'll see more details.

Also, you can look at the least and most expensive for one particular model, to get a real-world price range.
  • sjtashsjtash Member Posts: 27
    I live on Long Island, NY and am looking for the best deal on the 2.5XT Limited.

Anyone buy one recently, where, how was your experience and what should I look to pay? I was estimating $28,500.

Any thoughts?
  • homefryhomefry Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience about purchasing a certified preowned 2009 Forester Premium from a dealer that had previously been used as a loaner car when customers dropped off their cars for repair. It has low miles and is certified so it has an extended powertrain warranty of 6 years, 100K miles. My concern is that it had several drivers who might not be concerned about the long term condition of the car.

Approximately how much less should I expect to pay for this car versus a comparably equipped new 09 Forester?

I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks
  • andironandiron Member Posts: 4
    I was hoping some knowledgeable people here might give some advice on a purchase price. I've scanned through many of the threads but didn't find this discussion until this morning.. In two days my wife and I will be off to a few dealers to buy a new "Forester X Premium". Some of the things mentioned here in this forum make me feel clueless. For example....VIP pricing,, fitzmall.com (which I'm about to check) etc. I realy feel that I have little time now to really get up to speed. So...my plan has been to use my Costco membership. They have a no haggle price agreement with certain dealers. I thought to go to one dealership...bargain as hard as possible...then go and see the other dealer to see what the Costco price would be. I purchased the Consumer Reports pricing guide and know the start point for negotiation according to their price report. I haven't seen the Costco pricing but think it is supposed to be at invoice.

SO.... I'm not sure what we should expect to pay...but we are in Central Texas and want the following.....

2009 Forester X Premium - Auto - Popular Equipment Group 1 A-B (cargo tray, splash guards, rear bumper cover). We also want rear cargo cover, rubber floor mats and ipod interface.

The way I figure it....all this should invoice out right at or near... $22,477 + $695 destination = $23,172

Does this sound correct? Will the dealer let us order this exact configuration in the color we want? Should we expect to be able to negotiate to this price or should we plan on paying closer to $24,000? And....if we order...how long should we expect to wait? Of course TT&L is gonna add on too. I wonder if the Costco price will indeed come in at invoice. If so...that seems pretty reasonable.

I have one more question...I want my wife to have the best night visibility possible. I'm most concerned about lighting up country roads at night to illuminate deer. I'm thinking the fog lights may or may not be appropriate for this purpose. Are they? If so...I could add them on too....but they are invoiced at $291. I'm a bit uneasy with the idea of trying to use aftermarket fog lamps because the fit and finish might not be as nice.

On a separate note...I think we will upgrade the stereo after purchase...probably keep the base stereo...add an amp and new speakers..maybe a sub....not sure...but think this is probably the best route. Throwing this info out in case someone wants to tell me it's a mistake to wait! :)

I'm sorry if this post is a bit long and lazy. Buying the Forester has come on fast. We are down one vehicle and have family coming for the holidays and want to make this happen. Any recommendations for price or any other tips are welcome.

Finally, anyone care to warn us about some of the little add-ons that the dealer might try to slip in to increase their bottome line? (I can tell you that we already have financing in place and are not trading in a vehicle.) This will be a straight price negotiation. I just don't want to miss anything or sign off on any "fees" that are unnecessary. Title fees, courier fees, etc. etc...are they all legit?

If you got this far you're a trooper....I've asked a bundle of questions! Your help will truly be appreciated. Thanks! :D
  • avenger59avenger59 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently doing the same thing. I think that the price you got is high. I am looking for the same model and package and a dealer in NE PA. offered a price of $340, with the tax built-in $0 down, first month free, includes 15k miles/year and 36 mo. lease. :)
  • sgloonsgloon Member Posts: 323
    I bought from Heuberger - instate. That $17.20 is the CO rate.

Also, be sure to check the date of purchase with your insurance company, Subaru, etc. I found they put down on some paper work that I nevr saw, that they sent to the state, that I bought the car 2 weeks before I even saw it. This could affect your length of warranty (if something happens in that 2 week period), insurance cost for the year, etc, if you don't rectify it.

Subaru corrected the date after I sent them copies of my sales receipt.

I only just found out the insurance company has overcharged me due to this same error, even though I told them the date it was delivered when I requested the insurance. So I have to ask them for more money back.

The DMV would have had the same issue, except the dates were within the same month, so it didn't affect what I had to actually pay, (my fees were significantly more than the $50 mentioned here), You pay for the full month no matter what day you register it on, in my county that is.
    I'm not up to speed on current prices, but I got a similar configuration for about $21k about 6 months ago. I've found location matters on pricing, so if you are in say NYC, your price might be good. With the economy the way it is...I would like to suggest you have a lot of negotiating room. Just don't walk in feeling like you "have" to make a deal. Good luck.

Re: fog lights They are, if designed correctly not too bright as a really bright light just reflect off all the water vapor in the air. Think about what happens when you turn on your high beams in the fog.

The lights on the Forester are a bit short (especially the low beams) so you are right to be concerned. Will you be using the high beams when looking for deer? ;)
    Thank you for the reply. Most likely you will be reading this after I am out the door and in the process. I'm inclined to go with the fog lamps....my wife doesn't seem to care....but if the lights are a bit short perhaps they will fill in well? The 21K price tage is very interesting. It looks like Fitzmall has a semi-similar Premium listed at 22,700 internet price. I also remember an internet special at one dealer of 21,500 back in Oct....but that was when Subaru was offering a rebate. Based on CR pricing I can't see us doing better than right around 22,500 + destination charge and TT&L. Perhaps I'm a lamb going to slaughter on this if it's actually possible to get it for less? Oh well...gonna do our best to find out.
    Okay...we got the Subaru Forester Premium Package with Puddle Lights, auto dimming rear-view mirror/compass., splash guards, all weather mats, rear bumper protector, cargo tray, rear cargo cover and ipod interface for $22,995 + TT&L. We didn't care about the puddle lights or mirror...but they were already on board. The rear cargo cover was already on board. They added the rest via dealer install. I think this is a very good price...yes? If not...lie to me! We wanted a good deal while being fair to the dealer.
  • slimakslimak Member Posts: 1
    Despite the many bad reviews of Schaumburg Subaru I went to check out the 2009 Forester. My experience was fine as Schaumburg Subaru, sales and financing people were very reasonable, at least the ones I dealt with. Maybe people only post reviews of bad experiences. Anyway I ended up with:

Premium + AWP
    Auto Dim Mirror
    Puddle Lights
    All weather mats
    Popular package 1A

Price seemed reasonable at $22,451, well below the invoice price of$23,609 (and MSRP of 25,492). Doc ($150), and plate transfer ($80) were standard for Chicago area. Taxes (7.25%) brought the total to $24,504.
    I'd say you did very well! We just got the same vehicle (see post just before your last one) for $24,673. We paid $171 the day before here in Texas...and our tax rate is lower at 6.25%....tags are $77. Not only this....but we did not get the AWP! BUT...we did get the cargo cover and ipod interface. It's an awesome vehicle...we were all grins taking turns bringing it home!
  • eeoaktowneeoaktown Member Posts: 8
    Hi there,

Just put a deposit down on this in No. Calif:

X Limited w/ no nav
    Dim Mirror w/ Compass, Luggage Cover, Splash Guard Kit
    PZEV
    $25760 base price ($700 off of TMV, $200 over invoice)
    .00175 MF
    $676 drive away (DMW and first payment)
    $16500 residual
    36 mo/ 12,000 mi.

$377/mo payments with tax

Pretty happy with this deal. would love some feedback!
  • milzomilzo Member Posts: 8
    Just put a deposit down on an 09 Limited here are the details.

White Exterior/ Grey Interior
    Auto dimming mirror with compass
    Splash guards
    Rear luggage cover
    Wheel locks
    Vertical cargo net
    Trailer hitch
    Subwoofer
    Ipod tray
    Rear bumper cover
    All Weather mats

$27,699 out the door that is about $600 under invoice :P
  • godwheelgodwheel Member Posts: 25
    I wouldn't do it. I did this for my last purchase and compared to my other IDENTICAL car (bought 2 identical except one was a loaner), the one that was not has had zero problems. The loaner, 3 problems (ac/transmission sensors/fuel system). Not to mention the warranty starts the day the car was started being used NOT the day I bought the car (I was told at the dealer it had full warranty 10/100 -- lies.

Don't fall for that.
    I agree, it would be like buying a mattress from a motel. Those cars get used every day by a different person who really doesn't care about the car.

Not as bad as a rental, then again maybe it is.

I would expect to pay at least 10% less than a new one, maybe even 20%.

Thing is, you can get a deal on a new one, so I wouldn't bother with the loaner.
    I totally agree. Unless they knock a lot more off the price, don't do it.
  • driverboydriverboy Member Posts: 8
    I am getting the following quote in SF bay area for 2.5X with Premium and All weather package.

MSRP: 25309
    Sell Price: 22809

Lease is $286 per month including CA tax with $1291 due at signing (includes first month + lease acq fees + DMV fees)

Residual is 62% and MF is 0.00175 for 36/12 terms

Seems like a decent deal. Comments?

A little off-topic but the 2.5X does feel quite sluggish to me. I wonder how it will handle in the mountains (Lake Tahoe in my case) during the ski season...
    Yes, a good deal, because that residual is crazy-high. Competitors are around 45-52% or so under the same terms.
  • jlabaudiojlabaudio Member Posts: 3
    hello everyone,

I appreciate all the information that has been posted as I've been searching for my new Foerster.

I just got the following quote from Galles & Davis Subaru in Albuquerque, New Mexico:

Forester 2.5XT Limited with NAV, Spark Silver with black leather and:
    All Weather Mats
    Spoiler (I've seen this listed as stock but is also a separate accessory online)
    Security Shock Sensor
    Autodim/compass mirror with homelink
    Cargo tray
    Side cargo net
    Round cross bar kit
    Seat back cargo net
    Splash guard kit
    iPOD phone console tray
    Moonroof Air Deflector

$28,388 with all accessories installed
    3% New Mexico tax: $851.64
    Registration and docs: $352.36
    OTD: $29,592.94

I believe the MSRP for this deal is: $31,445
    I think the invoice is $29,432

And they are working with me on the registration as I am really a dual resident of Arizona and New Mexico. I have a business/house in Arizona and property in New Mexico. Arizona State tax is almost 8% and registration here would be about $600 per year. New Mexico is 3% and registration is a flat $60. I think they are probably making a few hundred dollars, which is fine.

What do you guys think? I am looking at doing this today. I may try to get them to give me Bluetooth at invoice. I think on top of their profit, they also make a commission from Subaru, correct?
    Did the $26,180 include the $389 fee and tax? I'm considering buying an almost identical car from them. Any other advice?
  • driverboydriverboy Member Posts: 8
    Here's the latest offer i got in NorCal.

2009 Forester 2.5X Limited in Black

MSRP 27453
    Selling for 24500

Lease for 36/12, Residual 60%, MF 0.00175

Monthly payment of $319 including CA taxes, $1153 due at signing

Looks ok to me. Will probably get this tomorrow.
    Sorry haven't checked the site for a bit, andiron, so you will see this late...after you are enjoying your new subie.

This is a great price! Seriously, once you get down to the negotiation, any price that you are happy with paying is a great price!

Congrats on your new Subaru! I hope you really enjoy it!
  • capitanocapitano Member Posts: 509
    Nope. The $389 was tacked on separately. I didn't care because the price on the vehicle was so good.
  • meane56meane56 Member Posts: 1
    Passing on my buying experience on my forester. This forum was instrumental in getting information on the forester and I thought I should pass on my info for somebody else.

4-speed auto trans. w/sportshift $1000.
    all weather package $400.
    protection group $662.
    delivery $695.

MSRP 25452.
    purchase price 23278.
    tax 1629.46
    tire fee 7.50
    nj reg 250.
    doc fee 189.
    total price 25353.96

Probably could have done better but I thought this was the best I could do at the time. This purchase was in October in Lakewood N.J..
    2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited / Automatic

Hello everyone, just wanted to pass along the deal I finally got on my 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited / Automatic at Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs. I priced this car all over the Southwest and dealt with some pretty nasty stealerships. Some of the worst attitudes came from Premier Motorcars of Santa Fe and Galles & Davis‎ in Albuquerque. Premiere refused to give me a precise quote and then demanded that I commit within the hour! Galles & Davis‎ try to sell me a different car than the one I wanted and then claimed I was wasting their time!

Heuberger was definitely the cheapest dealer in the Southwest, and they claim to sell more Subaru's than anyone in the country. Hence, they can offer serious volume pricing. They had to get the car from another dealer to get it in black. The car they found came with some accessories, detailed below. I had them add other accessories after the fact. Overall, they were friendly and professional.

I researched all the accessory and extended service prices and Heuberger was a little high on some of the accessories but their extended working price was well below MSRP.

I’m planning on registering in New Mexico where I own property. Registration is a flat $60 there and tax is only 3%! So, Heuberger is not going to charge me any tax at the time of sale. They were not negotiable on the $389 dealer fees, that is basically their profit margin.

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT Limited/Automatic - Obsidian Black Pearl

With included accessories:

Rear Bumper Cover
    Cargo Tray
    Luggage Compartment Cover
    Splash Guard Kit
    IPod Console Tray
    IPod Interface
    Automatic Dimmer Mirror/Compass w/Homelink

MSRP: $29,825.00
    Invoice: $27,664
    Sale Price: $26,378.00

Additional Options I had them add:

All Weather Mats: $47.96
    (2) Side Cargo Net: $39.92
    Moonroof Air Deflector $67.96 (installed free)
    Cross Bar Kit: $239.96 (installed free)
    Snap /Clamps: $16.00
    Seat Back cargo net: $22.36
    Security Syst Shock Sensor: $79.96 + $99 labor
    Front tint: $80
    7yr / 100k Gold Plus Extended Service w/ $0 deductible: $2056

Total Additional Options Cost: $2,650.12
    MSRP: $3537
    Invoice: $2472

Price with included accessories: $26,378.00
    Dealer Fees: $389
    Total Additional Options Cost: $2,650.12
    OTD: $29,327.12

Total MSRP: $33,362 (educated estimate)
    Total Savings off MSRP:$4034
    Total invoice: $29,836 (educated estimate)
    Total OTD Savings off Invoice: $509

I was able to put $4000 on a credit card for miles. Going to pick it up in early February when they have the title back so I can drive straight to Mexico and register. After buying used for 15 years, this is my first new car. Overall, my experience negotiating with dealers was a bit excruciating compared with buying a used car. Still, I'm excited about my first new car.
  • brendrivesbrendrives Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I have spent the last few weeks e-shopping for the best deal on a 2009 Subaru Forester. Bill Rapp Subaru in Syracuse, NY originally gave me the following price quote:

2009 Subaru Forester 2.5x Premium PZEV
    Automatic transmission
    All Weather Package
    Fog Lights

3 year lease with 15k miles per year
    with $1000 total down
    Selling Price $23,535
    Monthly Payment $323.10
    Residual is 60% for a total $15,098.40

After driving out to meet with them we settled on decreasing the monthly payment to $319 for 35 months, as the $1000 included first payment and fees. Also, was able to have the following included:

All Weather Floor Mats
    Vertical Cargo Net
    Cargo Tray
    Splash Guard
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Aero Cross Bars

I picked up my Dark Gray Metallic/Aurora Platinum Cloth this morning and loved the 65 mile drive home in the snow/ice/slush !!! :D
    I am very excited about my first Subaru and the deal I made! THANKS to everyone's posts about their prices and driving experiences!!
  • John_DavisJohn_Davis Member Posts: 1
    2.5x base with Auto trans: and the price quote now is 20,186 plus TTL. You guys think it is a good one? Or should I upgrade to a premium 2.5x?

Popluar Equipment 7A
    Carrier Base
    Cargo Net Seat Back
    Cargo Tray
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Splash Guard Kit
    MSRP: $22,488.00
    Invoice: $21,086.00
  • zevizevi Member Posts: 12
    Hello I was quoted from an NJ Dealer.

36 months/ 10k a year

362/month including tax.

Upfront is
    Bank Fee
    Docs
    Registration
    Tags
    First Month

Do you think this deal is good or I can do better elsewhere.
    Anyone have any dealer suggestions for the NE.

Thanks
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    It sounds pretty good—if price is your primary concern. Personally, I would opt for the Forester X Premium with the AWP (heated seats, etc.).

The last few days were sub-30 degrees (16 as I'm posting), and my heated seats in my WRX (and Forester S) more than paid for themselves in terms of the comfort they afforded. I'd never buy another car without that feature.

Bob
  • zevizevi Member Posts: 12
    Hello,
    Do you mind telling me which dealer you ended up getting this vehicle from?

Thanks
    Steve
  • tsxowwnertsxowwner Member Posts: 38
    On the subaru website, it lists msrp as 25,995 + 695 destination = $26,690

on dealer websites, i see a lot of msrp at $26,860. and they dont see to have an added options.

anyone know what the $170 difference is for?

oh i figured it out - its 200 pzez - 30 differential on the destination change
  • bpraxisbpraxis Member Posts: 292
    Hello everyone and I hope that you are having a very nice day.

I am interested in doing a factory order for a base Forrester Turbo X.

Please let me know what type of discount I should expect from a factory order on the following configuration?

MSRP: $27,200.00 Invoice: $25,500.00

The dealers in the Boise area are not offering the type of discounts that I am seeing in this forum?

The best offer that I have recieved is invoice with a $50.00 doc fee.

With appreciation and kind regards,
  • bears2bears2 Member Posts: 14
    Are you referring to a 2009 XT? In July I bought a 2009 XT with no extras except dimming rear view mirror, splash guards, luggage cover (most XT come with that package). At that time I paid $24,300, which was everything but tax title and registration. I shopped around for months and nobody was willing to match the price. You should always check Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs, CO. They transport everywhere and they have great prices because they are a volume dealer motivated to sell more Subarus than anyone in the West, which they usually do (if they do they get big money from Subaru Corp.) They didn't have the color I wanted so they got one from another dealer and gave me the same price (that other dealer wouldn't sell me the car for that price!!). The downside is...don't expect stellar service. I didn't have a problem but I've heard that others were unhappy. It's a trade off but I was glad to save the $$ and It's a great car. Be careful and good luck.
  • bpraxisbpraxis Member Posts: 292
    A big congradulations on a fantasic deal Bears and I very much appreciate your feedback regarding Hueberger.

They offer fantastic pricing but after adding $600.00 for shipping and their new doc fee it does not make as much sense for me.

You purchased your 09 Turbo for about $1000.00 less than my lowest offer but once again if I add the above fees it becomes closer to a wash.

I have also heard mixed feedback about the shipping experience with Hueberger but I do wish their dealership was closer to me.

I believe that Subaru was offering a rebate a couple of months ago on the Forrester.

Should I wait for future incentives. My thinking is that the Forrester is in greater demand now because of the snow.

As I remain with appreciation and kind regards,

Brandon
  • JHJJJHJJ Member Posts: 4
    Got quote from one dealership (2.5 hours away)

24565.44 + TTL

The price, 24565.44, seems like 1023 below invoice...

The price includes auto dim mirror w/compass and homelink, luggage cover, and splash guard kit.

Is it good deal? Thanks
  • bears2bears2 Member Posts: 14
    Yes, from what I've seen, it's a great price.
  • badongbadong Member Posts: 3
    we got a dealer price $200 lower than the invoice.

invoice (with certain options): $25500
    dealer offer: $25300
    out-of-door (dealer offer + ttl + tax) : ~ $27300

How is this offer? Is $200 lower than the invoice good enough?
    Shop at fitzmall.com for a reference point, then ask them to beat Fitzgerald's price.
  • connieyleeconnieylee Member Posts: 29
    I had a weird experience. I bought a new Forester X Limited from Fitzmall in MD with 9 miles on it. It had been on their website as being "on order" and I put a deposit on the car. I picked it up about a week after it was delivered. Today I registered it in a different state - NJ - and they informed me it was being registered as a used car because the dealer had registered it - either that is their normal policy or it was registered as a demo model. I'm really confused. Is this normal practice if you're purchasing from out of state? Or did the dealership screw me somehow?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    That seems a little strange.... but, every state is different..

When I buy a car from Ohio (which is very close), they first title it in my name in Ohio (as a non-resident, so no tax), then take the Ohio title to KY, to title it and pay tax.. But, it is still noted as a new car...

NJ may be different...

Another possible explanation (but not likely on an '09 Forester), is that a dealer will mark a car as "sold" to collect an expiring incentive from the manufacturer. Probably not the case here, though..

A call to FitzMall would probably answer the question, definitively..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• connieyleeconnieylee Member Posts: 29
    Well, after freaking out and calling the dealership, I went back to Motor Vehicles and they told me that whoever processed me earlier today gave me the wrong form. Anyone here shocked? So it IS still a new vehicle but they can't reverse the 2 year inspection they gave me earlier today. Not a big deal. I'm happy as long as it's acknowledged to be a new car... Thanks for your help!
    Strange indeed. 9 miles is definitely still new to me.
  • TahoePDTahoePD Member Posts: 1
    I have been cruising this forum on and off looking for info the 09 Foster for my mother inlaw.
    She thinks she knows what she wants possibly a demo 2.5xt limited w/ +/- 3500 miles (non nav) or a base line model. Here is my question how much would the sale price of the demo run and how much off the sticker price be of the base line model. Im not real familar with the invoice pricing on this niche type vehicle. Any help would be greatly apprepricated.
    BTW we are located in Ocean County NJ

Thanks in advance.
  • jad376jad376 Member Posts: 12
    OK...just closed the deal. I've got a 2.5X Limited (for the gas mileage) in the spark silver, with the black, er, "dark grey" interior. They're bringing it in from another dealership and waiving the usual $100 fee...

MSRP: $26,890 (pzev!)
    Dealer's Quoted Invoice: $25,261 (base dealer invoice: $24,566 according to cars101.com)

Internet price: $24,221 ($1,040 under invoice...previous offer was $300 under invoice...so this would technically be $345 under "base" dealer cost?)

Homelink mirror, wheel arch mouldings, rear bumper guard, cargo cover (I didn't want the puddle lights because they could break if I bottom out): $1,058 including labor to install at dealership...

Purchase price: $25,279

TTL in Pennsylvania: $1,730

$27,009.

Now the next question is financing rates. $500 down, $9,509 when they get the car...financing the other $17,000.

Did we get a good deal? We opted to get one from another dealership rather than add the options to the dealer demo with 1300 miles (which they refused to discount)...the car will probably have a few hundred miles on it when it arrives.

I have a feeling in the summer, when gas goes back up, it will be really hard to sell these cars...but waiting wasn't in the cards.

Let me know if that looks like a good deal!