Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Most dealers really don't get many STi's. I think it would be a fair deal to get invoice on an ordered vehicle but expect to pay more for dealer-installed options.
  • wilky1066wilky1066 Member Posts: 1
    Well i also bought mine in Waipahu, and got about the same deal, less neg equity from a trade in. They have many here in Hawaii and if you were going to buy it outright with a check from your bank you can get anywhere from 300-500 off MSRP whick is awsome considering the 5000 markup in Hawaii. I dont think they anticipated the lack of buyers in that part of the Island since it is virtually a run down part of town. Not to many that could afford a STI wander around there, so a good deal can be had here in Hawaii. Good people there and awsome customer service.
  • solublefishsolublefish Member Posts: 4
    I just drove home my new STi (black, no accessories).
    The internet manager priced it insanely low at $30,109. I sprung for the super-duper 6/80 warranty with tires/rims, interior/exterior, theft recovery, and 2/24 scheduled maintenance. After all that and TT+L, I payed just over 33K. Subaru currently has decent finance rates - 3.9% for 48 months, and 4.9% for 49-72 months.

I bought it from Subaru of Milford in southern NH, and had a great experience with them. They were very helpful with the logistics - gave me a ride from rental car dropoff, and gave me a loaner so I could get insurance and plates (NH temp plates are no good in MA)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, indeed that's about the best price I've seen on those...

-juice
  • fisherboyfisherboy Member Posts: 16
    Closed on '06 STI this week. Black/silver, fogs, security impact, short throw, auto dim mirror. About $200 over invoice - BS fees I did not argue on (Dock fee, finance fee). I did jump on the 0% for 2yrs as a part of it and got the 100K/6yr with no deductable for $1,392 (they made a around $200 on the warranty), figure the warranty will protect me if I hang on to it and help resell if I don't.

Picking it up in an hour, psyched.
    Good price on the warranty. I've seen quotes up around $1800. Is that a Subaru Gold?

You know you get roadside assistance for all 6 years, right? AAA was costing me $71 per year, so that alone is worth $426.

-juice
  • fisherboyfisherboy Member Posts: 16
    Juice - yes Gold Plus. Yes on roadside, up to $80/tow. AAA costs helped me justify it. The dealer cost on a 6yr/100k with $100 deductable is $1200. So I assume this was a little higher, ended up at $1385.

Going to be a long 1K miles under 4K rpm.........
    Cool, congrats!

-juice
  • km24km24 Member Posts: 36
    Hi
    What is a good price for a new 2005 wrx automatic wagon with a MSRP 26,300? So far the best I could get is $21,800 - $22,600. What is a good price on a 2006 wrx wagon automatic with MSRP $28,500 - $29,000? Also some one bought a 2006 wrx sti for 30K what was the original MSRP price? Lastly someone bought a 2005 wrx from a distributor for low 20k – 20.k what is meant by the distributor vs. the dealer

Thank You
    You're so busy asking questions you're going to miss out on a car. Focus!
    Hi
    What do you mean? What car would you buy the 2005 or the 2006 and why?

Thank You
    You need to decide what is best for you, I can't tell you that.
  • chipkarsickerchipkarsicker Member Posts: 14
    Found a left over 2005 Impreza 2.5RS auto sedan,Crystal Gray Metallic/black interior, at a local dealer's website. MSRP $20,147, including ARMREST EXTENSION, and
    SPOILER as the options, according to their website. Left my email address, got a message from them below:
    "Hello CKS,
    I'm BB from WJ Subaru in xxxxville. I wanted to thank you for your response on the 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. Great news! I still have this vehicle available. It is a brand new Impreza not a DEMO, and we paid Subaru $18,713.00 for the Impreza. I've never been more motivated to sell a vehicle. When would be a good day or time for us to meet? Please make sure you ask for me when you do decide to come in so you can get the special internet price!"
    I replied to him saying that I was expecting it to be a DEMO for cheap. Then got another reply:

"Hey CKS,

You can get this vehicle really really really cheap. When do you think you can make it in? If you're not interested in the 2005 Impreza. I do have a 2003 with really good miles I'll sell you cheap!!"
    So what do you guys think is a good price for this 2005 "new" car? As I've seen among the local HONDA, TOYOTA, and NISSAN's dealers' inventories, there were no left over compact cars like civics, corollas, and sentras even months before. Which I think is attributed to the high demand of these inexpensive vehicles. Do you folks suspect if there is any potential problem with this car's background? I remember somebody mentioned on this board that some Subarus were contaminated by acid, or sth else, then auctioned by Subaru to its dealers.I checked the CARFAX report and it returned 0 records on this car's VIN. I guess there should not be any problem, or should it? Any thoughts?
  • slazengerslazenger Member Posts: 99
    Do you know how many miles the car has? You should go and checkout the car. You can also call 800-SUBARU3 and get info from them by providing the VIN number. Honda/Toyota/Nissan dealers may be able to unload cars faster than Subaru dealer as they typically have more customer traffic for both new and used cars. Moreover, customers not particular about AWD will typically end up buying Honda/Toyota/Nissan as they get more bang for their buck...
    Does anyone know if there is any rebate/dealer cash on 2005 impreza 2.5RS? Thanks.
    Hey Slazenger,
    Thanks for your reply. The dealer says there's 446 miles currently on the car and he is asking for $17,713, taking into account the current $500 rebate.
    As I figured out,
    the dealer invoice + destination = $17,754 (base auto trans invoice)+ $300 (spoiler invoice)+ $84 (armrest extension invoice)+ $575 (destination)=$18,713. This is what the dealer told me they paid Subaru.
    MSRP + destination = $19,572 ($19,045 base + $399 spoiler + $128 armrest extension) + $575 = $ 20,147. This is the "MSRP" on the dealer website.
    Dealer cost (not considering the cost they run the shop)= $18,713 - 3%*$19,572 (I do not think they can get holdback on the dest. fee :P but correct me in case)= $18,713 - $ 587.16 = $18125.84.
    Taking off the $500 rebate they can sell for $17625.84 not to lose money. So that is close to $17,713 he asked.
    I remember people usually take 2 grands off or so to compensate for one MY loss. Do you think this (~$15,700)would be fair to both me and the dealer? Thanks.
    BTW, KBB gave me a higher private party price for a 1000 mile-used 2005 than a new 2006 while Edmunds seems to be fair. I suspect KBB tends to overprice pre-owned cars.
    You should be able to get a 2006 for about $17,800+TTL (M/T with arm rest and spoiler) in St. Louis, MO (zip 63110). If you are going to keep this car for a long time (7-10 years), IMO your cut off price should be $16,500. If you plan to get rid of the car in 4-5 years, you are better off buying a 2006 unless the dealer is willing to sell 2005 at $15,750.

Good Luck!
    446 tough miles, probably multiple test drives and I doubt they babied it.

All that for what amounts to their holdback? Not worth it to me. I'd buy a new model and pay a little more. The discount should be bigger given those miles.

-juice
    Hi

What would be a good price for a NEW leftover 2005 WRX WAGON Automatic with a MSRP OF $26,433? Please let me know as I have read that some people have bought a new WRX for 20k -21.5k and would like to know what you think is a good is a good price.

Thank You
    Khyle
    Khyle:

The price depends on your location, miles and options on the car. Do you have more info on the car?
    Hi
    Thanks for responding. It is a 2005 wrx wagon automatic trans with 100 mile on the clock it located in south jersey. Also the car only has four options which are floor mats, cargo tray, cargo net and wheel locks. Msrp is $26,433.

Khyle
    Are you dealing with Fitzmall? They have a similar car listed for $21,807 (MSRP: $26,333). Usually they have the best deal. If you are not dealing with fitzmall, ask your dealer to beat/match this price.

Good luck!
    Hi

I am looking at another car with a quote of $21,300 . But i am trying to get the price down to $21,000. For two reason one person on edmunds was lucky enough to get a car for $20,000 and others for 20,500 to 21,000 otherwise a similar discount can be had on a newer 2006 with upgrades totaling about $4500 in value (ie 17 inch rims, brakes, bigger 2.5 engine, leather and sunroof) So I am still on the fence and will make a decision before the end of the month $5k discount on old or $4.6k discount on new just have to wait for the rebate to increase.

Thank You
    Khyle
    Are you sure that you can get a good discount on 2006 WRX Limited? For some reason WRX and WRX-limited supplies are extremely low. May be they are selling well. Most dealers have plenty of WRX-TR and WRX-STIs on the lot. Typically SOA offers good rebates only on base trims and not performance trims.
    Hi
    So far I received a price quote on a 2006 limited autofor $3650 off MSRP with the $500 rebate included. Also in the past they had a $2000 rebate on 2004 WRX and a $1500 rebate on 2005 WRX so I hope that they will offer $1500 again with the 2007 model year coming out.

Khyle
  • bigpapidobigpapido Member Posts: 18
    Anyone do better than $750 below invoice in SoCal for an STI?
    That sounds pretty great to me, are you sure the price is legit?

-juice
  • bigpapidobigpapido Member Posts: 18
    As far as I know. It was just an internet quote. I've also been quoted about $400 below invoice from another dealer. The price may also increase if I choose to do the special financing...I don't know yet.
    There's no loss of rebate if you take the financing and the dealer will get a finder's fee just for doing the paperwork so you both benefit. I think they're nuts myself, spring is here and there will be more buyers than cars in the coming weeks.
  • drbzdrbz Member Posts: 4
    Hi, shopping around for a new 06 STI. So far got 1 quote of $200 over invoice here in Seattle, WA. Is this fair this late into the season? I read the other posts and saw 1 guy ~2 mos ago getting quotes of $400 to $700 below invoice in Cali! Anyone have any experiences/thoughts? Many thanks.
    Prices tend to drift higher as the weather warms.
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190
    How has anyone done recently with a WRX Limited wagon? I've actually found a dealer that has one here in NC, might try to work some numbers on it.

Edmunds TMV is about $200 over invoice... but CarsDirect shows a target price $300 under, and does list "Special Pricing" which usually smacks of a factory to dealer incentive... are there incentives that we otherwise don't know about?

Where do you think I should hit him?
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
    Compare to a no-haggle dealer, like fitzmall.com or Van Bortel in NY. That should give you a target price to match (or beat).

-juice
    CarsDirect is including the rebate in their price.
    Ummm... what rebate? IIRC, there were no rebates on the WRX in May. I think the lower-line Imprezas had $500, but I don't recall any customer cash on the WRX.

There are no rebates per se on Imprezas in June, according to subaru.com... however CarsDirect is still $300 back of invoice. Edmunds TMV is a bit more than $200 over invoice.

Alas, the Subie dealer in FayetteNam that actually has a WRX Limited wagon says the sticker is "pretty much in stone." Not a good way to get me up there.
    $500 on all Imprezas except the STi.
    Not in NC. Maybe the money is there anyway, for the dealer.

If it was local I'd go and see if I could get it off the lot anywhere near the TMV. But 90 miles away when the guy won't talk anything but sticker. Not so good.
    Go to Subaru's site and see what the incentives are. Then get ready to hit the road...I've had customers come to CT from as far away as Wisconsin for a deal, and you aren't too far from Fitzmall in Maryland to make a trip worthwhile.
    If you are used Mercedes comfort, you might want to consider 2007 STI-limited. Only 800 (400 white + 400 silver) of them will be sold here in the US. It has all the goodies of regular STI + leather + sunroof + sound insulation + lip spoiler - wing spoiler - roof wing. Driving regular STI 50K miles/year may make you go deaf in a year or two :P.
  • deeaccddeeaccd Member Posts: 4
    Any experiences with going the CPO route for Subarus? In the market (kinda) for a new car, and would love to take advantage of a WRX coming in off a lease if I could find one. According to the Subaru site, Timmons Subaru is a CPO dealer, but they only had Forester's on their site. Any advice for someone trying to find a used 03, or 04 WRX wagon?
    Does Subaru have such a program? Must be a dealer-offered warranty of some sort.

-juice
  • deeaccddeeaccd Member Posts: 4
    Here's the copy direct from the website re: CPO:

>>>When you buy a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru, you're making the right choice. You can be confident that your vehicle has been fully checked, approved and certified by Subaru. You have the security of a rigorous 152-point inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report. Enjoy the value of added Mechanical Breakdown Coverage that stays with you for many miles ahead, all at a great price!
    Get the peace of mind you need when you purchase a used car. Read more about the Certified Pre-Owned Program or enter your location to find a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru dealer near you.<<<
    Guess so. I must not have read the memo. :D

-juice

PS name the movie...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Ahh... it is the one with Jennifer Aniston that works at a pseudo-Fridays...

Office Space?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ding Ding, we have a winner. Thanks for playing. You win a million virtual bucks. ;)

-juice
  • jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    This just in:
    The 2007 STI Limited will be the same price as the regular STI!
    How'd they do that? :surprise:
    Hah! I called it. Honestly, read back and you'll see, I totally guessed that would happen.

Why? Because they delete two spoilers and the pricey BBS wheels. The new wheels are the same size but probably cost a bunch less, that offsets the leather and moonroof.

Nice! I bet they sell out *fast*. There are a lot of people that have been asking for a more stealthy and/or more luxurious STI.

Sweet.

-juice
  • bigbouncerbigbouncer Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking at an Impreza Outback Sport - 2006. Has a "premium Package" that upgrades the stero, adds an armrest and that's about it.
    Sticker is just under 21k. Dealer is offering it at 19,070.
    Good deal? Bad deal? What's the best deal anyone has gotten out there?

Thanks.
  • zzhungzzhung Member Posts: 12
    If you have just or recently purchased a new Impreza 2.5i Sport Wagon or the Outback Sport. Would you share the pricing and experience, please? Thanks.
  • mlgbmlgb Member Posts: 4
    I just paid $100 over invoice, I said I wasn't going to haggle and that was what was offered. This was on a 2006. The car was available on the lot in my desired color (Crystal Silver). Oh, it was a manual (my choice). Options were the net, tray, mud flaps and rear bumper cover.