Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    Price looks pretty good to me! Invoice (incl. destination) on your car would be $20,565. The invoice price of all your options adds another $821, so you'd be at a total invoice of $21,386.
  • randylfrandylf Member Posts: 12
    I was looking at a WRX today, and here is what they worked out for me.

10k/yr and 42 month lease with a MF of .0016 and a residual of 60 -

This is with 1500 down -

The cost of the car was 25,669 sticker, and they discounted to 23,786, which came to 25,637 with tax, title, license.

Does this sound okay? I told them I wasnt planning on keeping the car after, so they planned my residual around that, does this look right?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Is 10K mi/yr enough for you?

What is the payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh wow sorry, the payment was 292.00

- And I work only 2 miles from my home, so I have done some calculations and I think that 10k miles will be fine.

Thanks for the response, Im thinking of shipping around more, then making a decision today.
    Well, without the guidance of the lease prophets, I did my homework, shopped around and ended up leasing a 2008 wrx today.

MSRP was 26,566 - It was the non premium, with a rear spoiler, s1 sports trim, auto dim mirror, and shift knob.

I ended up doing 22,356 sale price with a 24k mile, 2 year maintenance warranty for oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

It was a 42 month lease, w/ 1500 down, and 272/mth payments, with a residual of %59. Also,It was a 12k per mile lease.

I think I got them pretty rock bottom on price, but would like some feedback.

Thanks for the help everyone.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Where are you located ? How did you manage $4100 off ?

Thanks
    Im located in Arizona, Tempe specifically, and im honestly not really sure how I managed to get them that far down.

Basically, I had all the subaru dealerships in Arizona running numbers, trying to beat the other dealerships.

Finally, avondale subaru was able to really drive the price far below what anyone else had quoted me.

They also threw in tint on the windows, and really took good care of me.

Finance was a breeze, as the FI guy was totally straightforward, and all the numbers matched up completely and it was already ready to sign when I showed up, as we were working numbers over the phone.
    Also, just to note:

Im only 21, and this was my first ever dealership buying experience, so if I can do it, im pretty sure most anyone can manage it with enough research, patience, and a level head.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, glad to see you had a good buying experience. At that age mine were not so good.
    Thanks for the reply! You did very well.
  • rogerazrogeraz Member Posts: 3
    I'm also in Phoenix and looking at a WRX automatic sedan for my wife. She like the blue but nothing in the state. We received a quote $25700 to bring one in. I think we can still do better. I don't recall if the quote was from Camelback or Power. I spoke to the Avondale dealership on Sunday but no quote so far. What does everyone think about this price offer?
    What other options besides Auto ? Premium ? or other accessories ?

DL
  • sandhogsandhog Member Posts: 3
    08 2.5 with Nav and premium package,automatic trans.
    MSRP $22390
    Quoted price $21000
    Yea or nay?
    sandhog - If that's a hatchback Impreza, you're paying invoice minus rebates, which is very good. If it's a sedan, you're paying about $500 over invoice before rebates, which is still good, but probably a bit of wiggle room if the dealer's willing to negotiate. Price is definitely a fair one either way, though.
  • joerandjoerand Member Posts: 2
    Leased, 36months 45,000 miles, $500 at signing (includes first payment, license, fees) for $245/month plus tax.

Man did I want that WRX 5dr, and the STI is UNBELIEVABLE, but I already have a toy so I had to go practical. But next time ....

Oh I was quoted 36/36,000 for a red WRX sedan w/spoiler for $305 month, don't remember how much up front. They are dealing in Northern Ohio!!!
  • dsn112dsn112 Member Posts: 2
    Nice car and deal, be careful with your mileage, 10k always sounds like enough, but the wrx is a drivers car, and your going to load miles onto that beast. Good luck.
    Actually, I went with another dealership for the 12k mile lease, so I think im pretty good. I was about at what I needed to be the first week, but this week I have used almost no miles, so I think im gonna be under my miles by far.

Thanks alot.
    Nay - The new car industry is hurting right now due to the implosion of the housing market, and hardly anyone is buying new cars.

I got my 2008 wrx sedan for 22300 out the door and my invoice was 26,566, so I think you could haggle quite a bit more.

If your willing to battle them and shop around ALOT, then you can def beat it.
  • sandhogsandhog Member Posts: 3
    22300 for a WRX is an impressive deal.
    I would love the WRX but I work in Manhattan and would prefer the automatic.I had a 5 speed back in 1992 or so and it was a PIA when caught in traffic.An Auto is available with the WRX package,however around my area it seems that anything with an auto is so loaded with other options that it raises the price to around 28000-29000 mark.More than I want to pay for a work car.
    Ive been a Chevy man my whole 47 years ,and this is my first [non-permissible content removed] car.I really find it amazing that when ya walk into a Chevy dealer and ask for something with AWD or 4 wd,they try to unload a "GREAT DEAL" on a used Tahoe for the low price of 28000......I told them that the days of a fullsize SUV ,with a 15 mpg average bringing top dollar are over.Now that gas is around $4 a gallon,who the hell can afford it?
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    My wife and I were out shopping for a new car for me. My 2002 WRX being no longer a part of our family. My wife has to be able to drive the car and even with the seat all the way forward and height adjusted to max, she still had to have her leg straight out to get the clutch to the floor.
    The techs at the dealer said that you can't adjust anything short of making a new rod due to the car being a push clutch versus a pull one.
    Anyway is there an option that might work that isn't drastic?
    My wife had no problem reaching the pedals in my 2002 WRX. The new STi is bigger for certain.
    Oh and neither of us liked the way the new EVO felt. She had no hope of reaching the pedals in the EVO at all. The STI she probably needs 2 inches so her leg isn't straight out.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    A timely article from Automotive News says:

Big pickups and SUVs lead plunge in used-vehicle prices
    Wholesale prices of big used SUVs and pickups plunged by double-digit percentages last month compared with February 2007, amid weak demand and rising gasoline prices. In February, large SUVs sold at auction for an average price of $11,790, 14.7 percent lower than in the year-ago month, reported ADESA Inc.

Print it out and show that salesman. He's crazy.

You can get a brand new base 2WD Tahoe for $29k now. $28k used it high unless it's really loaded.
  • terapicoterapico Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I want to buy a 08 Impreza WRX STi with only the standard package (No BBS wheel and Nav packages). I would like to know if anyone can provide me a "reasonable" price before tax and everything. I saw some in the "price paid" thread saying he can knock about $1700 off invoice, but that's with the BBS package (message #468). Is it reasonable to go for, say, $1000 below invoice? Should I shoot for even lower?

I, like everyone else, want to prepare myself before I go to the dealer, but I don't want to ask for a price that is impossible for the dealer to give.

Thanks.
    Perhaps you could attach (superglue or... ?) 2 or 3 pedals on top of the clutch pedal, making the pedal itself thicker (taller). Or if you're handy w/a saw, you could fashion your own 2" thicker clutch pedal out of wood, then paint it with a rubberized grippy finish and attach it on top of the existing pedal. Just throwin' ideas out there. There's gotta be a way to get it done.
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    Perhaps you could attach (superglue or... ?) 2 or 3 pedals on top of the clutch pedal, making the pedal itself thicker (taller). Or if you're handy w/a saw, you could fashion your own 2" thicker clutch pedal out of wood, then paint it with a rubberized grippy finish and attach it on top of the existing pedal. Just throwin' ideas out there. There's gotta be a way to get it done.

Apparently the issue is a rod that connects the pedal to the tranny. It's not really anything that can be dealt with easily. Plus I'd primarily drive it and I don't want the pedal all messed up for me when i drive it. You'd think short people like my wife would be allowed the advantage of driving a car as much as anyone. But now all cars are designed for tall people with little thought given to short people.
    I am going to email a guy I know who builds race cars and see what he says. If it can't be one properly then I'll pass on buying it.
    Thanks for the suggestions. :D
  • azzkikr111azzkikr111 Member Posts: 2
    i just recently bought a 2008 subaru 2.5i 5dr with premium package automaitc for $18,460.. is it good?
  • azzkikr111azzkikr111 Member Posts: 2
    i just recently bought this car and paid $18,460 + tax and licensing.. is that a good deal? i just want to know..
  • beijibeiji Member Posts: 1
    Writing from San Diego. I just got my '08 STI this week through Costco's car-buying service. I paid $400 below invoice. It came with an ext arm rest and then I had an iPod adapter installed. Before taxes, etc., it came in less than $34k. Hassle-free. I would recommend it to folks who don't like or are no good at haggling. Of course, you don't have to go through Costco. There are other on-line buying services out there.
  • arclarkearclarke Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '08 STI base model with only the all weather mats for $34,100 including destination. After taxes in new york state OTD came in just under $37k. MSRP for the vehicle was $35,700. They are going to tell you they can't lower the price because its a limited production model but they will. I believe I could have gotten the price $200-$300 lower but it wasnt worth the additional effort at that point.
    To all 3 of you, I think each of you did well.

Join us in the Subaru Crew threads, come to Meet the Members and introduce yourselves.
  • rascal99rascal99 Member Posts: 54
    I realize insurance rates are relative, but can anyone indicate how their rates are faring for the new STI?
    Also, did you all get a chance to actually drive the STI prior to taking delivery? Thanks.
  • dinterndintern Member Posts: 24
    Hey guys, could anyone recommend a good Subaru service center around Silicon Valley? I just moved to the center of the bay area. Many thanx.
    I'm on the other coast, hopefully someone else can chime in...
  • tlcruztlcruz Member Posts: 54
    08 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Manual w/ Premium Package and all-weather mats for 16.5K

Traded in a 99 Saturn SL1 with 145k, got $500 for it.

It's my boyfriend's car but he LOVES it and It's growing on me :) I'll learn how to drive stick on it when it gets warmer!! :shades:
  • gigoypotpotgigoypotpot Member Posts: 21
    Hello,

I want a 2.5i base hatchback. Went to a dealer and I was told that I could lease it for $179/mo, 10k/yr, for 36 months. Is he for real? Or do you guys think he's only saying what I want to hear to lure me into getting one?

I am on a real tight budget and would be really glad to lease the base 5dr for $179 a month (plus taxes, I believe), but is it really a possibility to lease the 5dr base at this price?

I am in Orange County, CA, by the way.

Many thanks.
  • cmdinhcmdinh Member Posts: 4
    hey guys... i am close to buying a 2006 wrx sti with only 16000 miles... TMV for it is roughly $26K... if i get it for $26K (from a private party) is that a really good deal or just an OK deal? Can I get it for any cheaper?
    Yes, that $179/mo lease is the current special being offered by Subaru. You can view it on the Subaru website here: http://www.subaru.com/tools/financialsolutions/special_offers.jsp?from=highLight- s

$978 due at lease signing.
    $0 security deposit.
    Tax, title, registration extra.
    Here's the rest of the standard disclaimer stuff: "Special lease rates extended to well-qualified buyers and are subject to credit approval, vehicle insurance approval and vehicle availability. Lessee pays personal property and ad valorem taxes (where applicable), insurance, maintenance repairs not covered by warranty, excessive wear and tear and a mileage charge of $.15 per mile for mileage over 10,000 miles per year. Dealer participation may affect final cost. Offer not available in Hawaii. Cannot be combined with any other incentives or offers. Payments may be higher in some states. Must take delivery from dealer stock by April 30, 2008. Call 1-800-WANT-AWD or see participating dealers for details."
    I think it's good. 16k is still almost new. New ones will run you $35 grand.

Go for it.
  • aaykayaaykay Member Posts: 539
    Unless you REALLY need this particular car and know its antecedents well, I personally would steer clear of a powerful Turbo-charged car with 16K miles and being sold for $26K. I have personally always felt that Edmunds TMV is a bit optimistic in its numbers.

If you can swing it, I personally would go with a brand-new STI, which would undoubtedly cost you more (approx $34K) but with special financing etc from Subaru, may be a better bet in the longer term. Also, complete peace of mind when it comes to its history.

JMHO.
    Hello all,

After much research and advice received from helpful people from different forums, I pulled the trigger and leased a 2008 2.5i 5-door base impreza on Sunday.

MF was 0.00115, residual at 52% ($9996+), lease for 42 months, 12k miles/year.

Monthly lease payment comes out to $253. Great people at the Renick Subaru dealership, great deals, awesome customer service! Will definitely recommend them!

Just want to know if I got a pretty good deal or not?
    not sure if thats a good deal or not... isn't invoice on those guys abuot $16K? Maybe you should have just financed it instead...

is that renick subaru in irvine?
    it's renick subaru in fullerton.

invoice for base 2.5i 5-door is approx. $17600+ plus destination plus doc fee.

also, there was $478 leftover from my previous loan that was rolled over.

they gave me a $500 manufacturer rebate too.
    i havent done my research on that particular model... but my initial reaction is i think you overpaid...

either way theres nothing you can do now except enjoy the car!
  • cklho818cklho818 Member Posts: 29
    Hi all,

Please help.

We are trying to buy a Subaru Impreza 2.5 Auto, 5 Door w/ Prem Pkg.
    We are asking for total out the door for $20,500 (includ. $645 destination charge, registration, 8.75% tax, & 3.9% interest calculation)

That will be $17,540 invoice price.

Is this OK? Any inputs will help. Thanks! ;)
    you take the "out the door" price you get from 1 dealer and call or visit another and see if they can beat it... you this a few times until no one can beat it anymore... i did that while i was shopping aroudn for a 08 wrx but went with a 06 sti instead... goodluck!
  • redsnareredsnare Member Posts: 6
    That will be $17,540 invoice price.

That's way below invoice on a 2008 Impreza Premium Package 5AT-S. More than $2K below, in fact. $17,540 is closer to invoice on a base, manual transmission, 2.5i Impreza. You should not shop out-the-door price by tying in your interest rate; the two should be separate yet equal in weighing your decision. Good luck.
  • kingfossilkingfossil Member Posts: 1
    I am a happy new owner of a 2.5i Auto 5 Door w/ Prem Pkg. Picked it up from Ramsey Subaru (http://ramseysubaru.net/) out in New Jersey. My sales price was $18798. Here's my buying experience:

1) Went to edmunds.com, sent out requests for quotes via email to Subaru dealerships in NY and NJ (I'm in NY)
    2) Within a few hours I got a phone call from an Alex P. from Ramsey:
    - "You're looking for the 2008 2.5i Auto w/ Prem Pkg?"
    - "Yup."
    - "Sale price is $18798"
    - "That's below invoice"
    - "Yup"
    3) Got a call from a few other dealerships. Format was about the same:
    - "You're looking for the 2008 2.5i Auto w/ Prem Pkg?"
    - "Yup"
    - "Why don't you come down here and test drive the car"
    - "What's the sale price?"
    - "We're very competitive. I can't discuss price on the phone because I don't want you to shop my price around other dealerships"
    - "I'm looking at $18789 sale price from Ramsey out in NJ, can you beat that?"
    - "Those numbers don't add up. Our invoice is $19*** that's what we paid for the car. When your deal doesn't work out, keep us in mind"
    4) Called back Alex to talk about financing
    - "I want a dark gray one"
    - "Do you want to put a hold on the one coming in in 10 biz days: $500"
    - "Yup. Credit card it. Can I get 0% financing - I have excellent credit?"
    - "For 2 years it's 0% for 3-5 yrs it's 3.*%"
    - "I'll do 2 years. How much do I have to put down?" -- oh did I mention this is my first car, period.
    - "You're doing 0% financing right? So no need to put anything down, it's someone else's money... I'll just put your deposit towards it to cover expenses and we're done."
    - "Awesome, thanks"
    5) Ten days later, as promised I got a call to pick up my new car. Got the VIN number. Set up car insurance with Geico - got temp certificate to take down to the dealership.
    6) Drove to the dealership - they're open on Sat. There the process took about 30 minutes. I saw the car. I met Alex + Team. I saw the buttons in the car. I got free all-weather mats. I got comped VIP owner's membership - so now i have some coupons. I also purchased a Subaru-provided warranty extension. Got the 3-yr bumper to bumper extended to 7 yr or 70,000 miles. This is my first new car and I won't be putting many miles on the car - so it's perfect for me. That cost an additional $1688. All other options like added security and what not, the Sales Manager just crossed off the list in front of me as he said I don't need any of that...

Got the keys. Got temp, non-resident plates good for the next 20 days. All from Ramsey. Got into my new car and drove home. Will go back there in 2 weeks for perm plates (I signed a Power of Attorney form there so they can do the set up on my behalf). That was it. Now I'm thinking of something good for vanity plates..

Pricing breakdown for NY/NJ:
    1) Sales Price: $18798
    2) Extended Warranty: $1688.00
    3) Aftermarke: $129.50
    4) Sales Tax: $1725.55
    5) Documentar: $289.00
    Total: $22770
    6) Deposit: -$500
    Total: $22270

All this financed for 2 yrs at 0% with $500 down. I believe I got a good deal and had a good experience. Hope the anecdotal (but un-exagerated) narrative helps fellow newbies with the purchasing process. My friend and I both bought Subarus from Ramsey and my bro will probably purchase his 2002 Impreza Replacement from them as well. There ya go - cheers...
  • cycnetcycnet Member Posts: 15
    Every good price and informative buying experience.
    Can you share the MSRP? What is the Aftermarke $129.50 ?
    Thanks
  • terpfan30terpfan30 Member Posts: 7
    I am thinking about purchasing my first wrx (or maybe an sti), but need help with a couple of things. Is the satellite radio/nav package worth it for the wrx? I don't know how good the in dash nav system is for subaru's since I've never owned one and am wondering if it's worth the extra $$ or if I should just go with the evo...

Also, I've been quoted $27,800 for a wrx w/the sat radio/nav package, and $34,900 for an sti w/no nav package- is the sti worth the extra $$?
  • totalflytotalfly Member Posts: 1
    My dealer put in an order for an automatic 4-door WRX 2 months ago. He had trouble getting the order filled last month. Today, he tells me that Subaru is no longer fulfilling orders for this car in automatic due to low demand. Has anyone else heard of this?
  • grannisgrannis Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 1999 subaru impreza with 200,000 miles on it for $1200. everything looks good, however it needs a new clutch. is it worth it? any advice would be helpful. thanks!