Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kanjiikanjii Member Posts: 99
    I'm here in CA and received a call from my dealer that my order is in. 2012 5dr hatchback, 5 speed manual Sport Premium in black/grey. At first, from one dealer I got $21575 out the door. Took that quote to another, this dealer will go $100 less, plus if I go to the car show at Moscone Center in San Francisco and register at the Subaru area, I can get $250 rebate. I did that too during Thanksgiving weekend. So, overall, if everything goes at plan...I am looking at $21225 otd.
  • rswartsrswarts Member Posts: 1
    Just got my new Impreza with the automatic transmission and weather package. I had been emailing my Saint Louis dealer for a couple months about them as I waited for them to come in. He originally offered a good deal for the pre-order, but I wanted to wait and see it in person first. When they came in last week, I worked with them and got it for $20,400 plus a $100 dealership fee. I think the invoice is right at like $20,000 for this car with the weather package. I drove it a few hours for Christmas and have been driving it around the city since. Love it so much. All of the reviews are backed up. It's a great car.
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    edited December 2011
    Received a quote for 2012 Impreza Premium 5-Door with CVT auto transmission with following options:

all weather pkg
    spoiler
    side moldings
    fog lights
    splash guards
    hood protector
    tailpipe cover

for $21000 before tax and registration fees

I've been going back and forth with the Ford Focus, which is offering me xplan pricing and 1500 cash back.
  • fredjohnsonfredjohnson Member Posts: 48
    I've been quoted $20,945 for a Sport Premium with CVT. So far, that's the lowest price I can find in my State.
    Lowest price I've been quoted in my town on a Sport Premium with CVT is $20,945. I can't seem to find anyone who will beat that price. May purchase tomorrow.
  • kagantuncykagantuncy Member Posts: 5
    Just priced a sports premium auto $23000 OTD. He went down $250 under invoice,but I think this was also included destination charge. I live in NOVA, is there anyone out there got better pricing?
    Thanks!
  • kagantuncykagantuncy Member Posts: 5
    Fred,where did you get this quote?
    A dealer in MN.
  • onemodogonemodog Member Posts: 26
    Just put a deposit down on a Sport Premium CVT. Price was $20500 which includes destination. Which dealer did you buy from if I may ask?
  • hatchbacklovehatchbacklove Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Hi, just got the quote for 2012 Impreza Sports Limited Hatch for $22,177, but the dealer want 299 doc fee and non negotiable. Other dealer I got $22,677, only $75 for doc fee. both are include destination and before tax, reg etc... which one should I keep negotiating? What is a good deal on Sports Limited now? it's New York area, no option or packages. Thanks for any opinion and info ;)
  • malachai1malachai1 Member Posts: 40
    Sounds pretty good invoice seems to be around 22450.00
  • sibby2sibby2 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?

2012 sports premium hatch stick

$20,300 plus $150 reg etc plus $150 doc plus 9.8% tax. Seattle area. Thanks for any advice!
    The invoice seems to be 20,333.00 with PZEV if your state dont need it.It would be 300.00 cheaper.

I would shoot for atleast 300.00 under invoice but each state area is different.
  • suberrificsuberrific Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I ordered a SportPremium 5dr manual on 1/9/11 and initally got a higher quote but after bringing an online quote from a dealer 72 miles away they were willing to match the invoice @ $20,086 plus tax..i think they even added in 3 accessories for free! Bay area, Ca

I recommend going to Zag.com and checking out internet pricing there..guaranteed lowest pricing for your area.
  • rishiprasadrishiprasad Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2012 Sport Limited Hatch with PZEV, Remote Start, Popular Package, and Side Moldings. MSRP was 24,861 and price paid was $22,295 plus TTL plus $161 doc. fee. I was about $1000 under invoice.

Dealer was Grand Subaru in Chicagoland. Deal took no haggling at all and seemed too good to be true. All other dealers were about $800 higher and said that this price was impossible. But even though I was skeptical I went to purchase car anyways and everything went off without a hitch.
  • prouloproulo Member Posts: 26
    I bought a Subaru Impreza Premium Sedan with PZEV, CVT, All-Weather and Body Side Molding. MSRP 21,594 and Price paid was 20015 and received All weather mats tossed in at the end. All handled online, spent less than an hour signing forms when I picked it up yesterday. Title and Doc fees 265. Manchester Subaru in NH.
  • frsafrsa Member Posts: 4
    In SF Bayarea , looking for 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i(base Trim ) CVT Automatic w/ no other options.(not even carpet if it's cost extra)

-What's the best price I can find in next two weeks?
    -I just want the lowest price trim (base ) do CA have to force buyer to buy the "PZEV" model ?
    -One thing I can't confirm when I do my research is (2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i(base Trim ) CVT Automatic ) don't even come with Aux jack ? is this true ? I don't need ipod/iphone port, ALL I need is an AUX input jack for my Android phone.

thanks all?
  • frsafrsa Member Posts: 4
    In SF Bayarea , looking for 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i(base Trim ) CVT Automatic w/ no other options.(not even carpet if it's cost extra)

-What's the best price I can find in next two weeks?
    -I just want the lowest price trim (base ) do CA have to force buyer to buy the "PZEV" model ?
    -One thing I can't confirm when I do my research is (2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i(base Trim ) CVT Automatic ) don't even come with Aux jack ? is this true ? I don't need ipod/iphone port, ALL I need is an AUX input jack for my Android phone.

thanks all?
  • budgetmebudgetme Member Posts: 1
    I got one today 2012 subaru Impreza 2.0i base Trim CVT sedan for 18224 in Seattle area.
  • vito68vito68 Member Posts: 2
    I used the Consumer Reports car buying service and they came up with a target price of $22,650 for a new Impreza Premium with a list of options. My local dealer matched this offer immediately and I thought I was OK. But an online offer came from another Subaru dealer for $21,375! It seems almost too good to be true. Should I be concerned or just go with the lower price? The lower price is for a car that would have to be ordered from Subaru since the exact car, color and options I want apparently are not available at any dealer within 200 miles right now.
  • germilgermil Member Posts: 11
    MSRP $23, 106 - dealer discount $2,126 = $20,980 - Subaru Auto Show Cash Back $250 = $20,730. Dealer documentation fee $199, took delivery 2/24. This is not the best price nationwide but the best that I could do in Central NJ.
    what dealer did u use?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Just go in skeptical, it could end up being:

$21,375
    $499 dealer fee
    $800 freight

"Real" total is $22,674. That would be just over CR's price.
    Lester Glenn; you need to have the emailed certificate from Subaru to qualify for the auto show cash back.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to speak with anyone who bought a new car in the last two months. She’s especially interested in the economic and market factors (fuel prices, access to credit, pricing, etc.) that went into your decision. Please send a brief description of your experience and your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, March 7th, 2012.
    Is it to late to get it?
    I think you have to attend an auto show and sign up, which generates the email and coupon.
  • ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33
    Hi Guys,

I plan to buy a new 2012 Impreza limited Hatchback in 2 week. I'd like to ask how much is lowest I should pay for it? just a standard limited W/O moon roof. Thank you for your input. I'm live in San Jose, CA. I'm very appreciated.

Eric
  • nj31nj31 Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a white pearl sport premium hatch last Friday, but as of today, I have not received the order # and production schedule yet from the dealer, or from Subaru. Would anyone please advise how many days I should be able to get the information?
  • jvbeattiejvbeattie Member Posts: 5
    Eric - I'm also pricing an impreza hatchback in san jose, but the premium. Looks like $700 under invoice is what you can get - maybe a little better if you decide on the sedan or a in-stock model. I got a quote from carlson subaru in redwood city for $700 under edmunds stated invoice but its a 6-8 week wait. Let us know how it goes.
  • vito68vito68 Member Posts: 2
    My Impreza Premium had an invoice of $23,850. The dealer offered me $22,850. I countered with $22,000 even and he accepted. It took a week to get the car which was inbound to another dealer. I've had it 2 weeks and I am very happy with it. It lacks some of the niceties that my wife's 2011 Outback has, and the 2.0 liter is no match for the 3.6 liter 6 cyl, but I am satisfied. I had another dealer offer me the same car for $21,500 but I would have had to wait 8 to 12 weeks for it to come from Japan, plus the sales tax would have been $250 higher. So I gave up $250 and got the car in 1 week, which made it worthwhile for me.
  • jvbeattiejvbeattie Member Posts: 5
    Vito68, I think you might be confusing "invoice" with "MSRP". $23850 seems very high for an Impreza premium invoice price, unless it has a lot of options.
  • natnabobnatnabob Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery in NC of a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium 5-spd, ordered in late January. Optioned with side moldings, window visor, upgraded speakers, sill plates, rear bumper applique, and rearview mirror w/compass. $21,120 including destination+ dlr fees, before TTL.
  • cll_63cll_63 Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a Marine Blue Impreza 2012 Sport Limited w/ MR and NAV and Remote Start. MSRP is $26110. Worked with dealer to get price down to $24000. Ordered last week - hope to get it before Memorial Day!
  • mtbe2mtbe2 Member Posts: 8
    Just was offered $20,000 even (more than $1000 off invoice) for Impreza Sport Premium PZEV with CVT, no other options. This via email from a dealer I hadn't been too . Will have to order and wait.

I sent an email to the dealer I had been working with and he only replied $500 below invoice. Not a chance.
  • jette212jette212 Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted $21,545 for a Limited Sedan w/no options via email. This would be for an order. I'm double checking to see if that includes destination (I sure hope so) - if it does, what do you all think about this deal? I know most of you are shooting for below invoice, but what is the likelihood that they will go below invoice on a car that they do not have on the lot and once it IS on the lot, sits there for less than a couple days?
    For the Limited Sedan for $21, 545:
    Should be about $300-400 less, but it depends on where you are located. I would email several dealers around you to see what their offers are.

I would think ordering a car vs being on a lot wouldn't make much difference. The general thinking is that a dealer wants to get it off their lot asap, but with placing an order, they don't have to worry about anything, or the car not moving, and no salesperson's time, etc....
    I'm just guessing....
  • mrgoodwrench70mrgoodwrench70 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    Hi, I live in Virginia and received a quote on a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium CVT with the following options. Does this look like a good offer?
    -All weather Floor Mats
    -Auto Dim mirror with Home Link
    -Body Side Mold
    -Cargo net Rear
    -Cargo Tray 5d
    -Seat Back Protector
    -Upgraded Speakers
    -Upgraded Tweeters

MSRP $23,153
    Discount $1650
    Adjusted price $21,503 comes to $22,413 after proceesing fee, Tax,Tags and Title.
  • impreza_rocksimpreza_rocks Member Posts: 2
    I ordered the exact same car!
    CLL 63 - Sport Limited Impreza Wagon with Moonroof / NAV and PZEV
    Options
    - Remote Starter

MSRP is $26110
    Negotiated Price is $24000
    Trade in $6500
    Price = $17,500
    Tax = $1094 (6.25%)
    Title = $5
    Document Prep = $369
    Total Contract Price = $19068
    Deposit = $500
    Cash Due $18,567

Just saw a White Impreza 5DR - not sure if it was base or premium - drive past me on the highway. It sure looked nice...
  • jth97381jth97381 Member Posts: 9
    We just put a down payment on a 2012 Impreza Limited with a sunroof. We stayed away from all the other options the dealer tried to sell us on because we didnt really think we would use them. We did however decide to buy the spash guards. Car came out to $21,575. I think we got a good deal. This is a factroy order so we could get exactly what we wanted.
  • harishtagharishtag Member Posts: 2
    Apr 29, 2012 (8:34 am)

Just wanted to share my buying experience with the group. I ordered an obsidian black two toned sport limited on March 5th. Not much options just the popular package 2 here in the NW which included homelink, all weather mats, cargo tray, seat back protectors and rear bumper applique. The price i paid was 22100 for the vehicle and out of the door was 24511 including 9.8% seattle tax, license doc fees etc. I was told that this would be about 8 to 10 weeks for car to arrive.

Was given a delivery date of May 2nd for 2 weeks ago, and a VIN number about a week ago. Got a call on Friday that the car just arrived on the lot, and I picked it up last night. Pretty decent buying experience, Finance did sell me on the CLIA protection (interior and exterior) and considering I will be transporting 2 toddlers quite a bit, we got it for $512. Looks like the wait times in the Seattle is spot on at 8 weeks. Been happy with the 30 mile drive so far, very impressed with the handling and the room for a car of this size. We went out to dinner last night with 3 adults, a 4month old and a 22month old, and we managed to all fit pretty comfortably. Our 15 mile commute is something we are going to look forward to...at least for a while
  • birddog03birddog03 Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in purchasing a 2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback. I've seen several sedans on the lots, but when I call around, I can't seem to find anyone in the Denver Metro area that has a hatchback.

I see some folks across the country are getting prices below invoice on the impreza sedans, but if the hatchbacks are in low supply, that could be difficult.

Is this unique to the Denver area, or are other markets seeing something similar with the hatchback?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I went to test drive one and they only had one sedan and I had to wait an hour in line. That was a few weeks ago, though.
  • suweisuwei Member Posts: 2
    can you share which dealer you were going to? and the OTD price?
    Thanks a lot.
    edited June 2012
    To Suwei:
    Picked up car on the 18th of June....took 8 weeks to get.
    Dealer in Chicago area was Gerald Subaru in Naperville....But I recommend email 3-4 of the dealers in this area for quotes. They matched the lowest and has free lifetime powertrain warranty too...
    OTD:
    20,186 for Pearl White Sport Premium (CVT only option)
    163 for fees (BS, but the other dealers quoted very similar)
    215 for title/license (new, not transferred)
    7.25% taxes

Note from several dealers is that the 2012s are no longer available...2013s are being ordered....don't know if there is a cost increase or not....
  • moopsmoops Member Posts: 1
    I have been wondering when the 2013 model year will start for Subaru, thanks for that ifo mtbe2. Around here (Upstate NY)the dealers claim to still be taking orders for 2012s as of last week.
    The dealers in my area have been pretty lame about giving me a decent price on a Sport Premium, mostly due to the fact that the Imprezas are selling so well. With the end of the model year coming soon maybe they will losen up. I had a good offer from a dealer 2.5 hours away using consumer reports car buying system, but no local dealer would consider matching it. That deal was 6.44% of MSRP for any Sport Premium in stock, which local dealers claim is unrealistic.
    Does anyone know if Subaru will be extending the promtoional interest rates after July 2nd?
  • suweisuwei Member Posts: 2
    Thanks mtbe2. Trying hard to match the price. So far the best offer is 500 below invoice, but it will be an 2013 order...keep trying
  • pcrockettpcrockett Member Posts: 1
    Looks like it will be tough to get much under MSRP since the 2012 impreza has well exceeded Subaru's sales expectations (expected 50% incr but getting over 150% incr). Just finding someone with more than 2-3 in stock is tough. My closest dealers are Roto (Mt Prospect) and Napleton (Schaumburg) and I expect to be ordering a 2013 soon, but have my doubts I'll get a great deal. Anyone with buying experience from either of these dealerships?
    I recommend emailing several dealers within 50-70 mile radius. In the Chicago area, hit the Autobarn in Countryside and International Subaru in Tinley Park. Do it through their internet sales, and the internet sales through the dealers close to you. Let them know you are bidding this car out and you will get good pricing. It is worth the savings to drive 70 miles.
    I never even went to our selected dealership until I picked up the car. Their internet sales matched the best internet price I had and they have free unlimited drive-train warranty too...Gerald Subaru in Aurora