Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1626364656668»

Comments

• terpfan73terpfan73 Member Posts: 2
    You are correct, my purchase was a 2013 Outback, except for the model year mistake, other facts were correct. By the time I realized my mistake, it was too late to correct it.

I've had the car about 6 weeks now and absolutely love it. Only complaint is the nav system which is really poor, but I knew that going in. I use the nav on my android phone which is super. Getting about 22 MPG around town, no long trips yet. 6 cylinder engine is great on hills, passing, or merging onto freeways. Also like the chocolate brown leather, keyless entry and memory seats for driver.
  • rocker1584rocker1584 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I've heard that the Navigation system is quite poor. That's a shame. Hopefully it can be corrected with future firmware updates or something.

The beauty of the 13 is that you can drive it, while I'm stuck waiting in anticipation :cry:
  • rocker1584rocker1584 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    Something to note about EyeSight is that some insurance companies will take around 20% off if you have it, so it might pay off in savings. Even if you don't use it, it's there if you ever decide to.

In any case, if it's enabled and you're driving properly, you won't really notice that it's there (except in an emergency situation, in which case it could be of great use).

I'm mostly interested in the convenience of adaptive cruise though.
  • loudnessloudness Member Posts: 1
    Been looking at 2013 outback and got this quote. Is this a good price or need to haggle more

msrp $29,385

quote 25,807.00 + TT&L

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/All-Weather Pkg/Moonroof

Included Packages

All-Weather Package & Moonroof Package ($1,945)

All-Weather Package
    Moonroof Package
    Heated Exterior Mirrors
    Heated Front Seats
    Windshield Wiper De-Icer

Additional Options

All Weather Floor Mats
    Ice Silver Metallic Body Side Molding
    Moonroof Package
    Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror w/Homelink
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Rear Seat Back Protector
    Splash Guards
  • dreamoutbackdreamoutback Member Posts: 2
    I got the exact same car but in graphite gray for $26000 in may 2013. Now that 2014s have come, you could probably go a bit down. It also depends on the inventory the dealer has and the preference of color. When I was looking for a car there were a very few graphite grays around from the dealer I had bought and I was fixed on the color choice.
  • bsymom1bsymom1 Member Posts: 1
    Within the last six months, the ride quality of our Premium Outback with less than 28,000 miles seems to have changed during city driving. My rear seat passenger complains about the roughness of the ride and I have to agree, even from front seats. I would never have purchased the car with this kind of ride.

The dealer checked the car out and lowered the tire pressure but otherwise said they detected no problem. I plan on bringing it back in. Has anyone else had a problem?
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Might have better luck posting in another thread...this one is for prices paid, etc, not maint issues......
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    Have to agree with godeacs on that one! Mostly likely, though, your stock tires are ready to be replaced. You'll be amazed at the difference quality rubber will make on your car's ride! ;-)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • sg3sg3 Member Posts: 1
  • ouch3ouch3 Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal? The car less than 4k miles on it. It was bought new in August 2012 for $32,700. It has the rearview camera, moon roof, heated leather seats, upgraded speakers, remote start, mud flaps, and the 7 yr/70k mile Gold Plus service contract. Carfax checks out. Clear title. It seems like a good deal to me, but I want to hear other opinions. Thanks.
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    Yes, it looks like a very good deal. That price purchased new is not relevant. What is relevant is, the clearance price on a brand new Subaru 2013 outback limited .. and even if that is around $29K you are still paying $5K less for just 4K in mileage.. grab it
  • ouch3ouch3 Member Posts: 3
    Many thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2012-14 Subaru Outback, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.
  • misobentomisobento Member Posts: 4

Looking at purchasing a used 2013 Outback (premium, automatic). Listing price at dealership is approximately $22,900 with under 10,000 miles in Chicago area. It is listed as a formal rental car from out of state, bought in auction. What are the chances I can get the price down to $20,000? thanks for your input/experiences...it's been a while since I bought a car.