Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid

Comments

• bobbya2bobbya2 Member Posts: 35
    To mr. janwun chen Would you please post atleast the name of your dealership in NJ and if possible email me the name of salesperson.

Since yesterday I have started shopping so incase if REBATE rumors become TRUE which I believe is a POSSIBILITY because Nissan already
    HAS attractive LEASE OFFER on their site for "S"model.
    I also checked dealer sites and all of them have couple of vans in stock.
    If I can get "S" Model finally for maximum of 20,500 after rebate with just + NY taxes , I will go for it and I am willing to wait till December.

HOWEVER, I got a call from Somerset Nissan , NJ
    who offered me "S" for 23,892 about 1500 off MSRP.

THEIR OFFER ON "SL" & "SE" models is $1000 over factory Invoice On in-stock or Order van.

I hope rebate is offered because I would hate to buy USED van at so high prices.
  • waydethebladewaydetheblade Member Posts: 9
    Nissan was expecting to sell a big portion of their S and SL models of the Quest, while have only a select few buy the SE. From what I am seeing and experiencing, the SE is the biggest seller and the other two models aren't doing half as well. It would be logical to assume that if any rebates were to be offered, it would be for the two lower end models, and not the SE. Dodge does that quite often--sell the lower models on huge rebates while offering very little or not incentives for their highest end model. (Far be it from me to suggest that Dodge is like Nissan!)
  • tsytsy Member Posts: 1,551
    I just bought a Smoke SL here in Seattle for $500 over invoice, which is a good deal here. I don't understand how people get deals like $500 under invoice on such a new car. I got the last Smoke SL with the upgrade package in the entire state (I searched myself) and no dealer seems to have more than 4 or 5 on their lot at most. It didn't make sense to me that Nissan would offer a rebate on a car they didn't have many of (at least in my part of the country)
    Anyway, it was the most pleasant and easiest car buying experience I have ever had, and I average one car per year or two. The internet manager at Campbell-Nelson Nissan was very straightforward, honest, easy-going (not pushy), pleasant (believe it or not), and gave me a very good deal (the best I could find here). If you don't want to waste hours haggling over $100 I would highly recommend them. Actually, after hours you probably wouldn't get the $100 anyway.

Good luck.

tom
  • karenztkarenzt Member Posts: 2
    We purchased our 2004 Nissan Quest nearly one month ago at Courtesy Nissan in Tampa and was very pleased with the deal we received (2% over invoice). Professionalism and courtesy was extended by everyone at the dealership. We did not encounter high-pressure sales and they spent the time necessary to test drive and explain the vehicle to us. We interfaced primarily with the internet manager at Courtesy. Equally important is the time the dealership has taken after the sale to answer our questions and to ensure our satisfaction. We've received several follow-up calls from the dealership. KZ
  • wmealieawmealiea Member Posts: 6
    I purchased a 2004 SE yesterday at Browns Nissan in Sterling. The Internet Manager at the dealership told us over the phone he would meet a price quoted by Carmax. So we drove Browns in Sterling, and they said pick your SE and we will do the deal.

The van we liked had DVD and running boards (which the Carmax one did not) so we offered to pay invoice for those options, and they said sold.

We paid $32,622 for an SE with seat package, single DVD, splash guards, and running boards. The only additional charge (not counting tax, tags, title) was a dealer prep fee of $220.

I would highly recommend this dealer. They stuck to their word and came through with a great deal.

Interestingly, Sheehy Nissan in Manasass had said they would match Carmax, but when we made the offer at the dealership, they only came down around $1500 off of MSRP. Their Internet Manager couldn't make the deal unlike the Brown's Internet Manager who had the juice to make the deal happen.
    Quick follow up. Sheehy Nissan called back today and offered to sell me an SE at $500 over invoice, but they missed their chance.
  • mbonusmbonus Member Posts: 15
    2004 SE w/DVD, Seat package, Cargo Cover, Mats, Splash guards - Smoke

Gave my best effort to get this van over the last month while staying in the immediate area. The best offer via "Fax Attack" was $800 over invoice + 499 Processing fee + transfer in from Jax. Needless to say I passed on that deal.

I then tried the Edmunds quote finder a couple of weeks later including Carsdirect and AutobyTel. I started getting calls out of the woodwork from several different dealerships in the area. The problem I was encountering was finding one in Smoke. My wife and I decided we could live with Silver, so I went to the dealership that had Silver closest to the configuration I wanted.

We went back and forth several times, with my sticking point that I was not willing to pay over invoice for a color we didn't even really want.

So guess what, the GM comes in to seal the deal and imagine this, I think we have a Smoke SE that just came in this morning. I just about laughed out loud. Anyway my final deal ended up being somewhere around $700 over invoice or there abouts including processing fees. I probably speny an extra $500 to get smoke, but my wife is happy.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That Bowke bloke <g> mentioned in another Quest discussion today that the Smoke SE is in high demand and very short supply.

My Quest is silver; very easy to keep looking clean, but glad to hear you got your first choice :-) Congrats on the new ride!

Steve, Host
  • mbonusmbonus Member Posts: 15
    If we already didn't have a silver color for our other car, we would probably have gone silver for the quest. Cleaning wise I would have preferred silver.
  • freephkfreephk Member Posts: 3
    janwunchen, please e-mail me that dealer info to freephk@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

pk
  • sjnevisjnevi Member Posts: 1
    Just got my fully loaded 3.5SE. Thanks to all on the board for info. I was able to simply fax my offer of $700 over invoice (base plus all the options, including duel DVD, Nav, running boards, etc.) to dealer after wife did test drive. Initially they balked, but called back in 24 hours and accepted the deal, including all the lease terms which I had compared to independent sources.

I've seen others on the board with better deals than $700 over, but I think it was a fair deal and conducted with little hassle, plus my wife got the car she wanted quickly. Spent all of 4 hours in total research, drafting offer, and picking up van.

Transaction was in Atlanta, GA area. Good luck to all who are still hunting!
  • groycvggroycvg Member Posts: 2
    I have started looking at the Quest. I canot find a Nordic White Quest anywhere but on Nissan's site. What is the story? I am in Cincinnati.

Thanks
  • actdactd Member Posts: 12
    I wonder if anyone had received a reply yet from 'janwunchen' who was willing to provide the dealership info where he got a good deal with his SL. I posted my request last week but still waiting...

Thanks.
  • frittobfrittob Member Posts: 52
    One dealer told me they were just making the Nordic White's as fleet models. Not for dealer lots. Too bad, they look sharp
    That sounds like a dealer line to shift your interest to stuff in stock on the lot.

No one in here has reported buying a white one yet though.

Steve, Host
  • frittobfrittob Member Posts: 52
    agreed, still I haven't seen any on the lots or even in the inventory searches from the nissan website.

wonder if a dealer can even order a Nordic White color?
  • dogmom2dogmom2 Member Posts: 44
    Someone posted that the white ones won't be available till after the first of the year. I would ask your dealer to call Nissan or do it yourself and check.
  • pulisubspulisubs Member Posts: 39
    I am pretty certain we saw at least one at the dealership in Orlando where we bought our Quest. I remember because my wife went through all the colours and we ruled out the white. Plus, we wanted an SE and the one on the lot was an SL.

I hope I'm talking about the Nordic White. Are there more shades of white in the Quest? Not according to the website.
  • juliziojulizio Member Posts: 18
    The local dealer here has an Nordic White Pearl in stock.

www.sheridannissan.com

I went to look at it and didn't like it too much. I prefer the smoke or the silver.

To "I got a deal in NJ".

I think that guy is talking smack. No one's getting deals like that this early in the game.
  • groycvggroycvg Member Posts: 2
    Everyone, thanks for the responses. I did a search on the board and someone said it would not be available until after the first of the year. I do see it listed on the www.sheridannissan.com site.

I would just like to see one. My wife likes white in general. Silver is our choice at this point.
  • golden_sgolden_s Member Posts: 19
    I bought my Quest S with folding second row chairs from Route 22 Nissan(New Jersey) first week of October for $100 below invoice.
  • johnson43johnson43 Member Posts: 1
    Could you email me to let me know where you bought your van. I live in Georgia. My address is
    My address is cbjohnson01@bellsouth.net
    Thanks
  • shenkarshenkar Member Posts: 159
    We got our SE last month for $253 UNDER dealer cost from Stone Mountain Nissan. They just changed the name from Performance Nissan, so you may find it listed that way in the phone book and on the Nissan website.

This was the best buying experience I have ever had, in purchasing 25 or so cars. I simply prepared a "Request For Proposals" listing the car and features I was looking to buy, and my purchase terms. I faxed my RFP to all the dealers within 100 miles of my home, giving them 36 hours to fax back their best deal on the car I specified. I got all the fax numbers right off the Nissan website.

The first reply came within 2 hours of my fax, and the one I accepted was the second one I received. We actually received an offer for $500 under dealer cost, but we went with the $253 under deal because I specified that earlier offers would be ranked higher. The $500 deal was the last to come in, and by that time I had already verbally committed to the first dealer (even though we had not met yet).

I dealt with the internet manager, and it was as simple as can be. I simply told him on the phone that I would take his deal, and have the car ready for pickup the next day. They prepped the car and had it ready when I got there, and I just signed the order form and title application, gave them a check, and that was it. A new SE owner, with a great deal, and zero hassle!

Oh, there was on thing you should be aware of. The dealers in Georgia won't release a car until you show them an insurance card or policy on the car you are buying from them. The state is strict about this. You can't just provide the insurance card on your other cars, even though your new car is automatically covered for 30 days. That won't fly, cause the state will nick the dealer big-time.

We didn't know this, so when I went in on a Saturday to complete our deal, I couldn't pick the car up till the insurance company opened on Monday and I got papers listing the actual car and VIN on my deal. Just a heads-up.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    you wrote:
    >>>
    Oh, there was on thing you should be aware of. The dealers in Georgia won't release a car until you show them an insurance card or policy on the car you are buying from them. The state is strict about this. You can't just provide the insurance card on your other cars, even though your new car is automatically covered for 30 days. That won't fly, cause the state will nick the dealer big-time.
    >>>

is it possible your coverage is through an obscure company?
    State Farm, for 20 years! I believe they're the largest auto insurer in the nation?

They don't even look at your other cards unless it specifically shows coverage on the vehicle you want to drive off the lot. If you have that, they just xerox it to attach to the title application, and you're out the door in your new ride.

If you don't have what the state requires, then you're out the door in your old ride. They are deadly serious about this. This is the only thing that would have been a deal breaker for them.

I got the impression that the state will jump their case, big-time, if they cross the line (dealers in Georgia operate under a license issued by the state, so they set the rules of the game).

When I bought a Mercedes 3 years ago, this was not an issue, so it's a relatively recent procedure. Probably a reaction to the fact that almost 1/3 of the drivers in this state, are driving uninsured at any given point in time.
  • vjj110vjj110 Member Posts: 13
    It seems most good deals post here happened in east coast area? I wonder why.

Any one got a good deal in Chicago area?
    I am going to shop for Quest next month. Thanks.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    thanks for the clarification. interesting. i purchased an ODY in june in metro ATL, and did not have to supply a piece of paper from SF with the VIN of the vehicle before driving it off the lot.

this is news to me.
    Yeah, it was news to us too. And not the kind you want to hear, when you're standing in the dealership with the cashiers check in your hand, and they tell you no-can-do until proof of insurance on that specific vehicle is produced.

We came close to having a crisis over this, because we purchased the van in anticipation of a family trip that very weekend. Fortunately, everything worked out, but I can assure you, they were serious...no insurance, no van!

And, but for the surprise element of it all, I am happy that they are taking steps to lessen the number of drivers out there, banging into our vehicles, with no insurance. It's a good thing...just a surprise, that's all.
  • leagraleagra Member Posts: 7
    Try Glendale Nissan/Kia on Rt. 64 in Glendale Heights. After sending out several emails, they were the only dealer willing to back off MSRP before stock arrived. I was satisfied with my "out the door" price of $30646 for an SL with seat pkg and single screen DVD. I also got the color I wanted. I purchased in August.
  • happydave_cthappydave_ct Member Posts: 6
    After months of research, checking this board, trips to dealers etc. etc. I think I finally got the best deal I could get on a new SE and my trade in my area. And I had a good experience to boot.

I live in Fairfield County, CT, where Quests have been flying off lots like there is no tomorrow. Not one dealer in my area has been willing to go beneath MSRP (it would be their privilege to sell you the car at that price it would seem). Our third child is due in December, and I wanted to surprise my wife with a Smoke SE w/beige leather and single DVD. As you all know, good luck!

Fortunately, I know she would also like the Silver Mist, so I set out to find either of the two. After calling around and visiting some dealerships to no avail, I went to Carsdirect.com to have them get me a guaranteed low price on this car. After a few days they found the Silver Mist SE with all my options (NOT inc. splash guards, mats & cover) in Springfield, NJ and guaranteed $32,959 -- $930 over invoice -- plus tax and registration.

After checking with the rep. about my trade (2001 Mitsubishi Montero LTD), I could see why the dealership was willing to do the deal -- they said the book value was $3k less than any dealer had quoted me in my area.

Armed with my Carsdirect quote, I then searched the inventories of the dealerships in a 30 mile radius of where I lived. It was then I found the winner (write this down): Mario D'Addario Nissan in Shelton, CT. They had the Silver SE on the lot. The salesguy on the phone was a young guy and was very nice (and a bit eager -- he had only been there 7 months), and told me they would not only match the Carsdirect price, but he would work with me on my trade. I left work and drove right to the dealership, skeptical.

Everyone was very pleasant and pretty down to earth. My salesguy was pretty no nonsense, and was very interested in making a sale. The deal itself took 5 minutes. FINAL DEAL on the loaded SE: $32,959 (INCLUDES mats, guards and cover) -- $700 over invoice -- plus $159 doc plus $96 registration plus tax. Best part: they gave me $1200 over the average quote I had gotten for my trade.

All in all, this was the BEST dealership experience I have had yet. These guys were the friendliest and easiest to work with in the area. While $700 over invoice may not be impressive in some areas, TMV in my area is $35,479 for this car.

I surprised my wife tonight by telling her she has to drive to Shelton this week to get her new car. As someone who vowed never to buy a minivan, she was pumped.

Post your email address if you want the salesman's name and number. Visit Mario D'Addario Nissan!
    That's a record for some car salespeople. Check out the last few letters in October's Letters to the Editors, especially the one from "Carl."

Nice surprise! Congrats on the new ride & the third kiddo!

Steve, Host
  • clavinrdzclavinrdz Member Posts: 4
    I have big doubts about a 2004 Quest SL I just got a quote on. For the SL w/upgrade, seat & microcabin filter, the dealer is asking 25,052 plus $298 doc. fee (plus title, taxes are not included, but I'm a NH resident, so I don't pay sales taxes). According to Edmunds, the invoice price should be $26K. My question is: Could there be something wrong with the van? Or the dealer? Isn't this deal too good to be true? Just wondering, but I'm picking it up on Saturday.
    Just in case anybody is curious, it was too good to be true. They just faxed me the sticker sheet, and I find out the van doesn't have the upgrade package (a must for me). So, I call the salesguy and he offers me the one w/the upgrade package for 25,723 out the door. I think it's still a good deal, so I took it. And still picking it up on Saturday.
  • vjj110vjj110 Member Posts: 13
    May I know what packages you added? How is the deal relative to the invoice price? Thanks.
    The packages I wanted were: SL upgrade, seat package and microfilter. Invoice for this is 26k. What I finally got was 25,921 (they added doc. fees), but since they mistakenly quoted a van w/out the upgrade package, they had to give me one that was on their lot which had everything I wanted plus floor mats, cargo cover and splashguards (items that I supposedly got for free). The invoice price for the van I'm getting comes to about 26,300. Taking into consideration that I was planning to spend up to 26.5k for this van, I'm happy with my deal.

The other BIG plus is that the salesguy was never pushy, he offered a good price from the beginning, and did not seem to try to play tricky games with me. I can let you know how it goes on Sat., but I sincerely think everything will go smoothly.
  • kf714kf714 Member Posts: 9
    Sent out emails to dealers for $500 above invoice for se with seat package, dual dvd and nav. I had trade so it came to who gave me most for my trade. Did deal with Scott at browns nissan in Fairfax, va. Very nice guy, strait deal, dealer traded for green one I wanted all the way to Kentucky, picked up last night. also bought ext warrenty and maint packages for invoice plus $50.There is a rattle in the rear door, so I guess i'll be bringing it in for that. Very happy with buying expieience. Would reccomend.
  • happydave_cthappydave_ct Member Posts: 6
    My wife picked up her new SE yesterday. I am away on business, and she couldn't wait (plus I was little nervous having her drive the trade-in around).

There was a bit of a mix up regarding when the car would be ready, but aside from that, it sounds like it all went smoothly. The salesguy spent about an hour going over all the features on the car, and was very helpful. My wife once swore that she would NEVER drive a minivan, but now she is ecstatic about her "sport van".

Happy with the deal, the dealership, and car.

A postscript -- I got a voice mail the other day from a dealer I had met with in Fairfield, Paul Miller Nissan, who had told me there was no way they would sell the car under MSRP. Now, two weeks later, he said there was something new he could do. Any more word about potential dealer incentives to help year end sales? I'm wondering if that helped my deal close so easily.
  • sandra17sandra17 Member Posts: 1
    Looked a a 2004 Quest yesterday and the salesperson said the dealer, Mossy Nissan, does not haggle. Would they say that if it wasn't true? I didn't see anything on the dealer's website that refers to this being their policy. They were asking $1000 under MSRP but apparently this changes from month to month. This dealership is in Oceanside, CA but Mossy has a near-monopoly on Nissan in San Diego County.
  • bgzbgz Member Posts: 4
    can anybody give me some feedback on what type of deals you have been getting on financing? I am going in to finalize the deal on the smoke se quest I bought and am wondering what Nissan is offering and/or what people are getting for finance rates from local/big banks.

any help would be great!!!!
  • autumn_redautumn_red Member Posts: 1
    Been following the discussions here for a while. Made the first trip to the dealer to talk about buying. Met the internet manager in the dealership and asked him for invoice minus $500 on a SE. Went back and forth for an hour. He offered invoice + 1000. Was prepared to walk-away. Then the owner comes and seals the deal @ invoice. No dealer-prep fee, no windows etching, no sealant protection, no nothing.

The deal is Edmunds INVOICE on a SE + tax (6%), tag and tile (estimated at $137) and MV doc fee of $175.00

The only problem is the dealership does not have the autumn red color and would locate the van and deliver in 72 hours.

Applied financing and hoping to get 3.8% for 60 months.

Final price paid for SE with 6% tax is 35,000.00 including single DVD, floor mats, splash guards, running board, Seat package, destination charges ($540).

Is this a good deal in NJ? If anyone is interested, let me know and I will name the dealership and the sales person's name.
    Great buying experience at a dealership in Milwaukee. Great salesperson, couldn't be happier.

Got an SE in Smoke with DVD, seat package for $700 over invoice. The Smoke looks fantastic, I am glad I waited.

Thank you's to all the posters on this board, your input really helped with my buying process. I without a doubt saved money by reading all the posts about what people were paying. This board is great!!!!

I will keep posting now about the van, problems, etc. If anybody has any questions, let me know, I have certainly picked up a lot of knowledge pertaining to the Quest.
    It's ok to name the dealer/location. Please see the blurb at the top of the discussion. Thanks!

And remember to visit Nissan Quest 2004 and Nissan Quest 2004+ Problems for general ownership talk.

Steve, Host
    The dealership was boucher nissan in West Allis, WI (Milwaukee).
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    An automotive magazine is looking to interview drivers of the Nissan Quest. Please send your daytime contact information to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, November 17, 2003.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

The reporter is looking to make an '04 driver famous btw.

Steve, Host
  • lando622lando622 Member Posts: 51
    Did you do a comparison with the Nissan Carmax dealer in White Marsh? Any thoughts?

I saw they had listing for a Tea Green SE w/ single DVD, running boards, splash guards, etc. for $32,738 (about $30 above invoice). Have only talked with them briefly as I'm interested in other colors.
    I traded email with the Carmax Nissan in White Marsh, and used their price as the price to beat with other dealers. Brown's Nissan in Stirling, VA, which is a lot closer to me, was able to meet their price and came through with financing at 3.84% too. When I bought a couple of weeks ago, they had a bunch of different colors and models on the lot.
  • lando622lando622 Member Posts: 51
    Great info! I'm in Manassas, so Sterling is much closer. I'll check out their inventory (Nissan's website is great for this) and see what they've got.

Congrats on the deal and the financing.
  • king3puttsking3putts Member Posts: 2
    CarMax pricing is good for those who want to buy and have no haggle.

I found they are pretty good, but you can produce a better deal through Herb Gordon Internet Sale (no Haggle) or by working the dealer.

Just my personal opinion.
    I tried to deal with Sheehy Nissan in Manassas, but they wouldn't meet or beat the Carmax price, so they didn't get my business. See my posts #107 and #108.

I agree with King3Putts, if you are willing to negotiate hard, you can probably get a better deal than a "no haggle" price. On my last car purchase, I haggled for an hour underneath a "No Haggling" sign at a Ford dealer.