Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid

Comments

• tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    Does anyone know the current rebate status now that the $2K one expired? Thanks.
  • 953953 Member Posts: 3
    I have been quoted $29700 for Quest SE with seat package, splash guards, floormats, running boards, cargo cover, and dual dvd. Can I do better?
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    I't s posted in the Incentives section here.
    That rebate question of mine was kind of lame. The information was updated at Edmunds.com within a few days. Today I was quoted 1% below invoice for a S model. The price is around $20.5K. What do you guys and gals think? Thanks.
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Member Posts: 44
    Where are you located? The best quote I've got so far is ~31K from Darcars Nissan in rockville, MD area, and that's for the same SE you said. I haven't tried to seriously negotiate though. I posted a message about 3 weeks ago asking the same question you did but didn't get any good answer. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
    Unfortunately you misread my friend. It was an S model and not SE. I'll post what eventually transpires.
  • paanmcpaanmc Member Posts: 4
    Bought a new Quest right at the end of March, to get the $2k rebate as part of Nissan's "Drive to 1 million" (turns out it seems the rebate is still on? -- Nissan web site shows it til May 31). I'm eligible for VPP (Supplier) pricing, so the base price was slightly (about $100) below invoice, plus the rebate, so we got a pretty good deal. My feeling, however, is that it should be possible to get close to invoice for others as well, based on what I've been hearing around town (SW Ohio). So we ended up down around $26.5 for a nicely equipped Majestic Blue SL:
    - Skyview Glass Paneled Roof
    - DVD Entertainment System (Single Screen)
    - 3.5 SL Upgrade Package
    - Seat Package
    - Floor Mats
    - Cargo Cover
    -- just about everything short of the leather seats.
    We originally thought we didn't want the DVD, since we don't let our kids watch much TV even at home, but all the SL's in stock had the DVD, so we took that as a sign that it would probably be hard to resell if it did not have it (plus, I'm sure we'll find it to be an asset for long drives to Grandma's house, afterall, but haven't yet told the kids it there :P )
    The buying experience itself went pretty good. Of course, with VPP pricing there was no need to negotiate much, although I was a bit worried because this same dealership had refused to give me supplier pricing when I bought my 2001 Mazda Tribute, and I ended up going across town for it. This time they seemed motivated (maybe end of the Nissan fiscal year, Q1, and month helped?!) Only haggle point the trade-in on my wife's 98 Passat -- and there wasn't even much haggle there, just take it or leave it, but better than trying to arrange a private sale, especially since it had minor body damage.
    So far we are loving it! Hope it'll be a good workhouse for hauling our 3 toddler and baby seats, as well as after they grow older.
  • 953953 Member Posts: 3
    I am in Arkansas. We signed the papers and I am picking the van up tomorrow.
    Quest SE in silver mist
    dual dvd
    seat package
    running boards
    splash guards
    cargo cover
    floor mats
    $31700 - $2000 rebate = $29700
    I have been extremely pleased with the whole deal so far. No haggling involved, just a fair price. Time with F&I was no pressure and took maybe 15 minutes. This is our first Nissan and so far I couldn't be happier with the service we have received.
    Hi there, have you had any experience carrying grocery bags AND a double stroller in the back well? My wife and I are worried about the lack of space in the back without the split seating. Thanks!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi tamu2002,
    You'll get more feedback from those who currently own the Quest if you post your question in our regular Nissan Quest 2004+ discussion instead of this one, which is focused on pricing.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This van we're interested in has over 400 miles on it. Apparently it's been test driven the heck out of it. I've gotten the dealer to drop the price below $20K. Is this a good buy? Thanks.
  • doljestdoljest Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a Quest S. Has anyone out there purchased one in Western New York? If so can you provide some guidance on dealerships, best deals? Thanks.
    Man, what a journey it has been! This evening we finally made the committment and bought a base S model for $650 under invoice (yes, you read right). After the 2K rebate, the price was $21751, and we paid a hair below $24K out of the door. The van has floor mats, splash guards, microfilter, cargo cover and cargo organizer. Too bad this van was made right after Nissan's price increase, otherwise we could've gotten it for $252 less. But we spent the extra $300 (after tax) for the color we liked. The van is still in transit on the delivery truck. Our sales person was nice enough to offer to deliver the van to our home when it gets there. I'll post a review once we get it. This dealership is a little out of the way, but the trip was worth it. Mainly worked with the salesperson over the phone. They have a flat pricing of $500 below invoice, so most of the back and forth was about locating the vehicle we wanted. We were fortunate to have 2 dealers offer us $500 below invoice, but this one had a lower out of the door price (lower misc. fees) and the saleperson was extremely pleasant to work with. what a difference this makes in the overall buying experience. They also found a better rate of 4.99 for 60 months. I'd highly recommend this dealer to anyone buying in the pacific northwest. :shades:
    My wife and I went back and forth between the Quest and the DGC SXT. It came down to the price. The Quest we bought has standard side curtain airbags, traction control, 4 wheel disk ABS, power passenger side door, power liftgate, parking sonar assist, power rear flip out window, and of course the small stuff like floor mats, splash guards, microfilter, cargo cover and cargo organizer. To get those things in a Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, we would've paid about $23K, 1K more than the Nissan. We tried real hard in the beginning to get the DGC, but sort of gave up on it once we realized it wasn't gonna happen for $22K. The feature we miss the most in the Caravan is the 3rd row plit seating. We love the 2nd row stow-n-go as well, but the Quest's 2nd row almost folds flat although without the two storage wells. On the other hand, we love the Quest's vast head and leg room, big and comfy seats, and its modern querky looks inside and out ;) We also considered the base model Quest which doesn't have the power door and hatch and rear sonar but is $15K cheaper. Finally we decided it'd be worth paying the extra for the added convenience. BTW, the Dodge salesperson was very nice to work with. Happy motoring everybody :shades:
  • billncatbillncat Member Posts: 16
    Recently purchased (within last 2 weeks) an 05 Quest SE with: Seat Package, Dual DVD, Cargo Cover, Floor Mats, Splash Guards. Total 31,498 - 2000.00 rebate = 29,498 plus TTL. This was in Orlando, FL. Invoice is 33,005 on this vehicle.

:shades: :):blush:
  • woolybwoolyb Member Posts: 1
    tamu2002 (or anyone),
    I'm in the PNW (north Idaho). I'll buy a 2005 Nissan Quest SE if I can find a $500-below-invoice-before-the-$2000-rebate deal. Could you please give me the names of the dealerships you know? Thank you very much!
    I replied twice but dunno know what happened to it. Anyways, it's Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, WA. Ask for one of the two internet manager (you can find them on their website). Their pricing structure is $500 below invoice, no negotiations. They're very nice and honest folks to work with. But you might be able to find at least invoice price locally so you don't have to make the drive. Best of luck.
  • LDegrelleLDegrelle Member Posts: 74
    I am in suburbs near King of Prussia, but of coure willing to travel for a deal. I see that they have extended the $2000 rebate once again! I dont know how long I can keep pressing my luck but this might be the time to jump.

If I could find one of those "X below invoice" deals before the rebate, I would be pretty much ready to go.
    Here in the Northwest, I got multiple invoice or below invoice offers including two 500 below invoice ones. I'd think with all the hippi people here in this neck of the woods, the Quest would have as good of a market as anywhere else if not better ;) . That being the case, if I could get a killer deal such as ours, you should too on the eastcoast.
  • lumbarlumbar Member Posts: 421
    How willing to travel? Google Darcars Nissan in Rockville Md. (about 2-2 1/2 hours from Philly) and you'll find some Quest "S" for a little over 21K with seat package and freight (rebate included). I have no experience with them.

P.S. I'm really not following you around :) We're just looking in the same directions.
    Hahaha! At first I didnt notice the author - Hi Lumbar! Hmmm, Maryland isnt that bad considering that awesome price. Does that include destination charge too I wonder?

Now I have to figure whether to go with the $2k rebate and find my own financing or use their 3% and take the $500 rebate.
  • lumbarlumbar Member Posts: 421
    It includes the destination charge according to the website--prices are posted-- but I'd get more e-mail commitment before I made the trek down 95. Sometimes strange things happen at the dealership when the dealer knows you've come aways. I'm sure it also incudes the 2K, so you probably have to add 1500 if you went with the finance deal.
    WOW - destination charge included is nice price! They even have the color we would like. I sent them email - we'l see how eager they are to get back to me. I wonder if they'd actually give me anythign for my Chrysler 5th Avenue? :P
  • keyur75keyur75 Member Posts: 14
    I am looking for a Quest S with seat package. Can anyone suggest good dealers offering good deals in this area. Is the $2000 rebate off the MSRP or the Invoice ?
  • strstr Member Posts: 64
    Hey tamu2002,
    I am looking at maybe buying a Quest and after the deal I was quoted yesterday I am seriously considering it. Yesterday I spoke to a salesman at Hudiberg Nissan in OKC and told him what I was wanting, for instance, leather heated seats, power front seats and liftgate (actually, power everything), dual power sliding doors, sky view, memory driver seat, single dvd, cd player and some other things. I don't want a new one because once you drive it off the lot you own a used car that is worth a few thousand less. It makes more sense to me to buy slightly used and knock off about 6,000 on the price. Anyway I did not want more than 25,000 miles on it but he told me he can get a 2005 with 28,000 miles SL package with sky view and everything I mentioned for 22,000.00, it sounded reasonable to me, what do you think? I know you have been researching this for a while and I would appreciate your input. I have also been looking at the Siennas but I can't get a deal like this one with the features I want.
  • strstr Member Posts: 64
    I am a little concerned about the location of the instrument panel on the Quest. It seems dangerous to me.

I have been researching any changes Nissan may have in store for the panel and I found an article at www.autonews.com claiming that "Nissan Motor Co. plans to change the controversial instrument panel on the Quest minivan." The redesigned panel is scheduled to debut in 2007, this article also states that Nissan is "not happy with the performance of the Quest" as quoted by Patric Pelata, executive vice president for business planning at Nissan. They say that "in addition to complaints of squeaks and rattles, Pelata said many consumers did not like the instrument panel." They say they are "trying to fix a mistake with the design. The quality issues have been fixed."

Does anyone who is currently driving a Quest have a complaint about the instrument panel? Does it's placement bother you when driving? This is the only reason I would decide not to buy one. I will want the redesigned panel when it comes out, it just looks wrong to me the way it is. Maybe leasing one until the redesign comes out and then buying is the way to go for me, I don't know, anyone have a comment? :confuse:
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    I posted a response to your question on the Nissan Quest 2004+ forum.
    Hi there, I just saw your post. I looked at used too, but the problem was availability was limited, and the prices weren't that much better than the new ones. The used ones tend to be loaded versions, which end up selling for about the same price of a basic model, for example the 3.5 S model. For the same money, I'd rather get a new van with zero miles and fewer gadgets, than a loaded one with higher miles. Plus the interest rate is lower although not by much nowadays. But that's just me.

$22K sounds like a very good price for a Quest with pretty much every option. I say go for it if you think it's in good shape. I wish the mileage were lower but 28K miles is not that bad, probably all highway miles anyway. One of the dealerships I worked with had an 05 base model with nothing but the seat package (an Enterprise rental car) with ~15K miles, and they wanted $22K for it. And get this--they offered me ~$20,500 for a NEW 05 base 3.5 :confuse:

Good luck and let us know what you end up getting :)
    We've only driven the van for a few days. So far the center panel hasn't appeared to be too distractive yet. My wife seems to be totally fine with it. It looks so cool that I don't think I'll mind that much ;)
  • sh86894sh86894 Member Posts: 4
    Well,

Just a few short years ago I distinctly remember saying "I WILL NEVER BUY A MINIVAN". Now that we have four kids my wife and I finally caved and went looking. We loved the new Nissan Quests because of its looks inside and out (including the wacky instrument panel) and because of how powerful it was.

So we bought ours just two weeks ago. Of course I bought mine used so hopefully I don't get dirty looks but we are extremely happy with it. They only complaint that we had was that for whatever reason Nissan chose to put horrible OEM tires on the vehicle. We just bought new tires tonight (alternate size of course) so even that little problem is solved.

-SKH
    That's a very good price for a S model. We paid $21,750 for our new 05 S. I would've definitely considered a used one at that price. Does yours have power door, hatch, rear window and parking sonar?
  • sh86894sh86894 Member Posts: 4
    Tamu,

Thanks... and no, it doesn't have power doors/hatch or parking sonar... just the standard "S" options. I would have paid extra for those options but I was buying privately and the used inventory from private sellers within 100 miles was exactly two [2]!

So I bought the one with the lowest miles. I figured that if I bought a car with only 13.5K on it there wasn't too much that could have gone wrong.

After getting it home I found all of the guys maintenance receipts in the glovebox it looks like there were about a dozen recall items that he had fixed (all the stuff listed on the problems forum). So in the end I saved some money and some hassle.

We've already taken it on a 2000 mile road trip and it did great. I just set the cruise and sailed down the freeway.

-SKH
    Remember, it's a 2004, so the options weren't standard (or even available). But nice price on the van regardless!
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    We too wondered about the center instrument panel, but, we love it. The best advantage is most realized at night. The panel lights aren't under your eyes and allow a clearer view with no glares.
    Automotive News had a picture a few weeks ago of a new seating system, that just happened to be in a Quest. Was a totally flat floor without removing seats. I suspect Nissan will not change the exterior, but, will 'standardize' the dash layout as they believe that's why sales haven't hit their goal.

Mark
    2004 Quest SE
  • heehawheehaw Member Posts: 8
    I am in the process of finalizing a New Nissan Quest 3.5S for about 21.5K. I might be interested in the extended warranty (and I am sure that the dealer will push). What warranty packages are generally available, what is the cost and how much lower can we expect to negotiate with the dealer? Any help/inputs will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
  • warrant_erowarrant_ero Member Posts: 16
    Woolyb,
    I just bought a Jade Quest SE from Advantage Nissan in Bremerton at $3000 below invoice. Pretty much a stock SE with sat radio and tow pkg. We wanted the jade. Dealership very easy to work with, the MOST pleasant vehicle purchase I have done. Current rebates are $2500 for the SL and SE. Paid 32K out the door, bought the NW protection package which added about $700.00 to the cost.
    Wow, you really did it! Congrats! It was a long drive from Idaho but it was apparantly worth it. The folks at Advantage are indeed nice to work with. Enjoy your new van! :)
  • gixxerjimgixxerjim Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I were shopping for a used van to replace our midsize SUV since we have 2 kids under 4 yrs and a baby on the way. She left a good paying professional position to be a stay at home mom about a year ago, so money is a little tight. We were looking to spend around $16k-$18k. The best prospect for us was a 2002 Oddysey EXL for $19k with 50k miles.

Then I did some more research on the Quest since we love our Maxima. Originally the quality issues scared me off, but when I dug into the details it seemed the new plant opening caused some problems that had since been resolved. Then we drove the Quest and for $4k more got the LS with just a cabin filter, seat package, floor mats, mudflaps and a cargo cover for $23k after rebate. We are really excited about this purchase, I can't believe how well it drove and handled. The reviews I had read were inaccurate in many respects. At this point I think Nissan has hit a home run. If anyone has any tips on accessories or warranty issues, etc please let us know...
  • psm0110psm0110 Member Posts: 4
    Paid $23,900, before rebates, including destination. Some dealers said this was $300 under invoice, our dealer showed it to be only $100 -- probably could have done better; but the price was right for me. Included seat package, mats, cargo cover, splash guards, and microfilter. Opted for the $500 cash and 2% financing (@$!% Greenspan!). Dealer tried the same old tired routines, but I just stopped them midstream and firmly said no. Overall a decent experience. Why does it always take two hours to buy a car?
  • fizzyhairfizzyhair Member Posts: 20
    That on Nissan's Canadian website, that if you estimate payments on a Quest SL that the finance payments are less then the lease payments for the same amount of time. Also, its less then financing a S by $200. Is that a glitch of the site or what. Would a dealer have to honor that price. If they did, I'd buy it without driving it. :)
  • cdawn98cdawn98 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my Nissan Quest...haven't picked it up yet though. Don't feel you have to hold back...be honest...did I get a "good" deal?

Quest S - all the standard S options +
    DVD Entertainment System
    Splash guards
    Seat package
    Microfilter
    Cargo Cover

$22,900 (after cash to dealer rebate and dealer discount) + ttl

My only regret is that it doesn't have Aluminum Wheels..it has steel with covers :(

Thoughts all???
  • ustadustad Member Posts: 1
    It is a used 2004 SE model with only 7,500 miles. Van also has a single DVD entertainment system. I am happy to get it for $24850 off road with everything included. So far, the van has impressed me. I just got it last sunday, so wil know more later.
  • alan_0142alan_0142 Member Posts: 1
    cdawn98:

Where do you buy the car? sounds a very good deal.
    We paid $21750 (before TTL) for our 05 S with the same options (plus cargo organizer) except for the DVD. Our price was $600 below invoice. I guess the question is if the DVD is worth $1200. Sounds like a great price though. Congrats. Let us know how it turns out.
  • cdawn98cdawn98 Member Posts: 3
    We bought the van at Luther Kia/Nissan in Inver Grove Heights. This is the first new vehicle I have ever purchased...and with the two small exceptions regarding the Sales Manager and the Business Manager's tone over the phone...the experience was a good one. Edmunds has this car buying thing down to a "T". The power play stuff was very evident...even though this was an Internet deal. I was able to get them down from $23,000 to 22,900 by comparing there vehicle to a regular 3.5L with the DVD. At 22,900, they are $532 below invoice, according to Edmunds here.

As for the DVD...it is a MUST. I have four little ones, ages 7, 5, and twins 3. Anything longer than 45 minutes in the van...the DVD is a life saver...theirs...not mine :)

And the room in this thing...for the love of gawd...I am 6-5 and 275lbs...not a small dude. I have PLENTY of room to spare in any seat I choose to sit in. Once the Playstation goes in...I'll call a midrow captains chair!!! :)

We are coming from a '97 Grand Caravan...the transmission fell apart...literally fell apart, at 108,000.

We'll see how the next few years fair with this Quest...but 500 miles and I love it so far.

This is a great site with great people...thanks for the comparision prices.
    Yeah, a DVD would be nice, but personally I wouldn't pay $1K for it. Maybe a cheap portable if we decide we really need one---we're cheap ;) What I really liked was the skyview windows.
  • new_to_questnew_to_quest Member Posts: 1
    I just had dissuessions with Nissan dealer and Made a deal to BuyMy Nissan quest.
    Dealer gave me follwoing two options ... Don't feel you have to hold back...be honest...did I get a "good" deal? / made a good decision??

First option--
    Quest S - all the standard S options +
    DVD Entertainment System
    Splash guards
    Seat package
    Microfilter
    Cargo Cover

$23, 500 (after all rebates and discounts)

Second option : 3.5 SL with all avove options except DVD - $22,900

I'm leaning toward 3.5 SL with a fact that i can instal dvd later . .. Is the right decison and right price??Please share ur Thoughts and advise me which one would have been right decison and the price???
  • sopecreeksopecreek Member Posts: 203
    I'd go for the SL just for the 5 speed automatic transmission instead of 4 speed.
    Don't know what extras the SL has, but we paid $21,750 for our S with the same options as the one you were quoted on, except for the DVD. $23,500 sounds too expensive.
  • nobel1nobel1 Member Posts: 8
    I am in market for Quest as well and new to forum, the price you paid is that with taxes ?
    T :) hanks