Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid

Comments

• brophybrophy Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2006 Quest SL, Majestic blue, with the following options:

Special Edition Pkg
    Seat Pkg
    Floormats
    Splash guards
    Microfilter
    DVD system

I snagged it for $27,200 which is about $800 below invoice (according to TMV). How does this match up to you out there?
  • exploder750exploder750 Member Posts: 159
    $17839.43 bottom line out the door including taxes, license & $749 Nissan extended (3 years 100,000 miles)"Wrap around" warranty. All recalls, updates, etc are done, including rear brake pads, new tires, and door rattle & squeak kit. I had them tighten down the rear bumper covers (where the mudflaps go) and flush the transmission. Dealer is Feldmann Nissan-Mercedes in Bloomington, Mn and were good to work with. They need to do a better job of detailing how the extended warranty program works, perhaps with some sort of pamphlet; this was my only complaint.
  • exploder750exploder750 Member Posts: 159
    This might sound trivial, but are floormats standard with the Quest? I assumed my used '04 had them sitting in the back of the van when I test drove it. Upon picking it up, I asked about the mats and the salesman said they were in the back. A couple days later I realized there were no mats. Dealer said the vehicle is used, they sell them as they come in, and this one had no mats. I ended up buying a new set at dealer cost. In retrospect, I probably could have dealt for a set to land the sale for the dealer, but once they had my money (the deal was done) they no longer cared.
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    Mats are an add-on option
  • tmyertmyer Member Posts: 9
    We live in SW Oklahoma, just moved here with the military so not very familiar with the area or dealers yet, does anyone live in the area or state that can point me to a good Nissan dealership? Have seen advertisements for Mullins Nissan in Lawton and Hudiberg in Oklahoma City and I believe Riverside Nissan in Tulsa.
    Also we are interested in a 2005 SE, with DVD and the sky light/sun roof option what would be a fair price for this now that the 2006's are on the lot?
    Thanks for the help
  • neil0308neil0308 Member Posts: 1
    Though I don't live in OK. I just want to say that you should thouroughly research your vehicle before spending your money. If you've settled on the Quest, nothing I say will change it, but a warning: We bought a 2006 fully loaded QUEST SE.A week after we got it home it started leaking and had to be taken in. The dealership had not told me that there was an outstanding Service Bulletin for leaks from the highly touted Skyview windows. Had we known we would have asked them to test for leaks before paying. We bought this car because we wanted to replace our old voyager because of leaks which led to mold and mildew probs. We have an asthamatic child and can't have that. Once they fixed the first leak they found another from the tail light assembly. The carpet got wet twice and the headliner twice. When we asked that they replace both with new ones, we were informed that Nissan won't cover this if there is no problem. This from a fully covered vehicle, with only 600 miles on it. 400 of those are from my trips for repairs to the dealer who is 80 miles away. Just got a call this morning to say they will replace the headliner but won't have one in for another week. The dealer has had our Quest longer( 1 month) than we have in our 1.5 months of "ownership". I had researched both Honda and Toyota and they don't have nearly the number of problems the Quest has, but we had had such good luck with our Maxima that we went with the Quest thinking they would have dealt with most of the problems 2 years after introducing a new model. Rotten egg smells, leaking skyview, leaking sunroof, airflow malfunctions, fuel pump failures and a multitude of other problems still plague the new year models. When 4 of Nissans 6 (Titan,Armada,Quest and Infinit QX56) new models are on the least reliable list, it gives you pause about the new purchase. SO BUYER BEWARE!!!!! :cry:
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    We have an 05 Quest that now has over 20,000 miles on it without any problems whatsoever.

There are some owners here who have had poor experiences (mostly 2004 owners) and are quite angry and emotional about it. Most happy owners don't bother.

I'm not from the area and have never been to Fort Sill (if that's where you are) - I was at Ft Knox and Ft Benning, but thanks for your service and good on ya! Test drive the Quest and I think you'll be pleased.
    I am looking at a year end model 2005 Quest SE ( silver with grey leather interior)MSRP is 36,410 and they are offering me $30,655. The car has the following on it..

3.5 V6 motor, w/ 5-speed auto tranny
    Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
    17" aluminum-alloy wheels
    fog lights
    power glass sunroof and SkyView glass-paneled roof
    power sliding rear driver-side door and passenger side door
    Dual Zone Auto Temp Control (ATC)
    Bose Audio system w/ 6CD Changer
    color information center w/ 7" LCD monitor
    rearview camera
    leather-appointed seats w/ heated controls
    rear-sonar system (backup sensors)
    power seats, power adjustable pedals
    steering wheel-mounted audio controls, rear audio controls w/ Dual Media
    Playback
    auto-dimming rearview mirror
    HomeLink Universal Transceiver (for garage door opener, security, etc.)

DVD Entertainment System includes: Second-row 7" monitor, Third-Row 7"
    monitor, DVD player w/ auxiliary outputs, Two wireless headsets, Remote
    control

Fold-Away Seat Package includes: Second row folding captain's chairs,
    height-adjustable seat belts, cup holders, tip-up easy-entry feature. Third
    row folding bench seat, grocery bag hooks, head restraint storage bag, and
    LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)

And cannot forget these Splash guards, Cargo Organizer, Floor Mats, and
    Cargo Cover
    So what does everyone think? Is that a good price or is it possible to do better? The price also includes the rebate.
    Need some opinions on this one.

Thanks
    Tracy :confuse:
    Looks like a great deal. I will trade you mu 04 SL!
    I
    Got a 2006 SL ( picking it up Saturday) with special edition package, leather/Bose package, DVD package, Skyview package, splash guards, sunroof deflector, cargo cover, floor mats, running boards, microfilter, and roof rack cross bars.
    MSRP $35,870
    Invoice $32,454

Purchase Price: $30,385 + TTL

I feel like we got a great deal and ended up with the color we wanted both inside and out (nordic pearl white/gray leather) and got a 2006 for a couple hundred cheaper than we were quoted on a year end model SE with pretty much the same options.

Any opinions on the deal?
  • whysterwhyster Member Posts: 14
    Hey Tracy,

I think a 2006 would be better because of how much the 2005 already depreciated (the value is well under $30k according to TMV). IMHO, the 2006 probably has some build quality improvements and fixes over the 2005. Anyway, I feel you got a good deal (more than $2000 off invoice after a $1500 rebate). Enjoy!

I imagine though that the 2006s will go to a $2500 rebate soon with the updated 2007 coming in June. Also, there's probably going to be more price competition because of the new Korean minis.
  • mac01mac01 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone ever used the Nissan VPP (employee purchase program)? I am eligible for the affiliates discount through my company and was wondering if this the best way to go or if it's possible to get a better price through old fashioned negotiation.

The VPP progam allows for the eligible buyer to purchase the vehicle at 2.87% below dealer invoice (and you can apply any cash back on top of that).

Thanks in advance for any info that can be provided on using this program.
  • ckeoughckeough Member Posts: 15
    I used the VPP program from my employer. Bought a 06 SE with the seat package, micro filter, floor mats. Paid 24,488. I'm on the road, not at home so I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but the VPP program would be the same for you or me. Don't know if I could have done better, but I don't have to work at all.

Chris
  • mac01mac01 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input. I ended up using the VPP as "leverage" and negotiated a price below the VPP price. Bought a 2006 S Special Edition with DVD, microfilter, seat package, floor mats, mud guards and cargo cover for $23,200 (after rebate). Also, interestingly, the VPP plan also provides a steep discount (about 66% off) on the extended warranty plans.
  • jmiravjmirav Member Posts: 16
    I purchased a Maxima for 1200 under invoice June of last year here in Eastern Pennsylvania (plus at that time 1250 rebate in addition). Are Nissan dealers below invoice on the Quest? It took me one email to get to invoice; now just wondering whether the next thousand dollars will take a week or never happen. Am I correct that the current rebate is $2500?
  • jmiravjmirav Member Posts: 16
    Not much activity here. Well, I am under invoice in writing $600 and by email at $900 (haven't seen that in "writing" yet). The $600 under has a dealer prep add-on of about $60, which I can live with(it is buried in the new tags). Will probably finish it up this weekend and am shooting for $1,500 plus the $2000 cash back. Only one trip to a dealer; I expect that i make one more at most and then the purchase.

My wife reminded me that I purchased my Maxima last year at $1300 less $50 to locate the exact car I wanted. I actually told him the three dealers that had the exact car I wanted. He happily traded for it with one in inventory.
  • tjshantjshan Member Posts: 28
    This forum has been very helpful, we were originally looking at a Kia, then got swayed to the quest and this forum has done a lot to ease my mind. We currently have a 1998 Mercury Villager (Quest clone) with 90K miles and are pretty happy, although it has had its share of small issues it has been a good car.

We are now looking for a 06 sexy red 3.5S or 3.5SL with the SE package, best bet so far has been a 3.5SL with SE package in FL for $23,500...but its white.

Anyway, Found a 3.5 SL w/SE and DVD in NJ for $25,200. This is all after the $3K rebate Nissan is offering now. Any thoughts out there? is this a good deal and is the 06 Quest that much better then the 05 in quality? Anyone have any scoop on if the rebates will stay or go up for June, we are getting pressured to do this before the end of the month.

One other question, we have never bought a new car from other then a local dealer, how do the local dealers treat you when you bring in a new car bought elsewhere? Is warranty usually a no problem attitude? I know this will be subjective to each dealer but in general have you folks that have bought through the internet found your local dealer fairly ready to deal with warranty and service work?
  • vinhphucvinhphuc Member Posts: 44
    Hi,
    The current rebate from Nissan is 3K? It may go up a bit in a few months since the Quest 07 is expected to be released by fall (I think). Nevertheless it may not as Nissan will stop making the 06 models soon and just let the stock go as time goes by. My feeling is you may get some additional discounts from specific dealers as they try to make space for the 07. Buy it when time is right for you, but because of the dealer pressure. Try "www.darcars.com". I got my Quest 05 SE fully loaded at ~2K below invoice back then.
    About dealer service with cars bought elsewhere, I personally had no problem. Wish you luck in finding your Quest.

Phuc
  • rrteam5rrteam5 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, I'm totally confused-I'm usually a fan of buying vehicles a year or so old, but this one has me tempted. It's a loaded SE, with everything but the DVD. I believe the sticker is $32, with '5000 off' written on the windshield. The most obvious reason this vehicle hasn't sold is the RED leather interior. It's kinda like the body styling, you either love it or hate it. I could live with it at the right price -)

Any ideas on where to start with this dealer? I was even told that the '07's are in the back, but they don't have room for them and the owner is REALLY interested in moving this '05. I was thinking more about a base '06 for $21, but.....any and all ideas welcome -)
  • mrmcgivmrmcgiv Member Posts: 7
    Hi: It is now june and I ma pretty sure the $3k rebate is still in effect. we bought our quest s with SE package Last Mon 5/29 (memorial day). I am not sure what the Sl with the Se package includes . We paid $19,600 for our 06 Quest S SE. I think we got an amazing deal. It does not have DVD player,. It has all the typical extra features (seat package, cargo cover etc) and the rearview mirror with compass and auto dim. The MSRP was $28,075 so getting over $8K from MSRP was pretty good. The other dealer wqe were working with could NOT match that price. We went at close of business time on Memorial day and I am thinking that helped. Anyhow, good luck in negotiating if you have not already bought. Mary
    Hi: I am so curious, were you looking in Pittsburgh/monroeville area? If so, we saw the same quest (05) last week with the funky red/orange leather interior. It had some big sale info in the window. My husband loved it and for the right price I could have LOVED it too. It was LOADED. But i think this one was stickered at $38. They offered to come to between $28-$29 at the first pass, but we ended up not buying it. Still too much. We got the Quest S SE (06) at another dealer a few dasy later for $19,600. PLease let me know if it was the one in Monroeville, Pa? Mary
    Hi: we just got our 06 S SE quest last week. It was brand new with 43 miles on it. I reset the Avg MPG calculator and after driving it for a week I am only averaging approx 15.8 MPG. It jas beena split of city vs highway. Maybe 35Hwy and 65 City. I even have premium gas in. PLEASE somebody tell me it gets better than this? I did not want a gas hog. Someone said that a BRAND new car does not get it's best gas MPG at first it has to get 'broken in'.

Also, I think we got a great deal. The MSRP was $28.075. Like I said it is the S model with the Se package which includes rear sensor, power hatch and passenger door and some other little nice things. It has all the standard extras (car mat, cargo cover, seat package etc) Plus the auto dim/compass rear view mirror. We paid $19,600. We went at 2 on memorial day and they had sold 19 cars and wanted to sell a 20th. I guess they get incentive for # of cars sold? Either that or they conned us. But in the end, a oompeting dealer could NOT match that price. I am thinking this was the rare case that a car dealer was honest in saying that deal was ONLy good for that day.

The S Se has the 4 spd tranny vs the 5 speed in the Sl and up. How does this effect fuel economy? I have heard two different things it helps and it hurts it??? Any info?

Other than obsessing over the fuel economy I am so happy with it. it is roomy and comfy. The power doors are AWESOME and going from a sedan and SUV to a minivan I am so happy I have the reverse sensor.

Thanks
    Mary
  • hondakidhondakid Member Posts: 17
    I am in the process of buying the Quest ... Right now, in the Toronto Area, the 3.5 S is going for $6,000 CDN under MSRP ($32,000 - $6,000 = 26,000 before taxes and freight / pdi).

What kind of deals have you been able to get?
    What was your buying experience like?
    Where did you buy from?
    How do you like the Quest?

This "June Offer" clearly states the $6,000 rebate is off of MSRP .... I am sure I can get them to do around invoice and then have them take the 6K off.

Any suggestions, ideas, opinions, etc will be GREATLY appreciated ..

Thank You,

HondaKid
  • mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    Hello, seems the 2007 is here(?). Any pricing info out there?
    If you want to check your fuel economy write dow the mileage per fill-up and divide by gallons put in. This is the only accurate method. The computer is an average of avergaes (running average). Although my 04 SL gets about 16 local/ 20 Hwy. so yours looks pretty similar. Premium gas is not getting yu much for the extra cost. Save the money
  • biggitybiggity Member Posts: 25
    Yes, a dealer has called and told me that he has received 2007 Quests.

But I am looking for a smokin' deal on a 2006? Anybody got a great deal? You think it is possible to get $10,000 below MSRP? Or are people going for the $3,000 rebate from Nissan--is that enough to move those 2006's?

Anybody know how bad it really is for Nissan to get rid of the 2006's?

Thanks.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    $10k below MSRP is asking a bit much don't you think????? $6000 maybe (with rebate included).
    In post 481, jmirav says he was offered $900 under invoice, which would be about $7,500 off MSRP. And in post 485, mrmcgiv says she got $28,075 - $19,600 = $8,475 off MSRP. (jmirav and mrmcgiv, were there any trade-in or financing considerations which might have changed the value of the deals you wrote about?)

Anyway, I would hardly consider a 2006 for much more than $10,000 off MSRP, given their lack of desirability (to me and for resale) and the fact that the 2007's are out.

I thought I might take a 2006 if Nissan and dealers had in the interim become desperate enough to clear their 2006 inventory to go that low.
    Anybody have a 2007 Quest? What deal did you get?
    Anybody know why there are two different splash guard options for Quests on Edmunds pricing guide, B10 and B95?

Also, are splash guards really required in certain states as the description for the 2007 says? And if so, why?
    No, we got the $8475 off of MSRP straight up. This included the rebate though.

MSRP 28,075K
    less 3,000K rebate
    discount 5,475K off
    Price pd 19,600K I hope I did my math right here.

We DID have a trade. It was a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 98K miles. It had a broken A/c and an oil leak. We got $2500 on the trade(which made the price $17,100). In looking up the trade in value on line for our Jeep in Fair condition the trade in value was $3,475. Not sure if ours was even in fair condition. So if you wanted to factor that in we ate about $1,000K on the trade - but I do not think it was even in fair condition.

I just had a friend go to the same dealership yesterday and they like the 06 quest as well. They are not as willing to discount it with them as they were with us. I think I had it in my original post that we went on Memorial day 30 mins before close, and they said they needed a 20th sale. usually I would think this was a crock..but I think it was true this time. I had a small disagrement with some mis-information I got when asking the differecne between an Sl and an S Spec Ed and I called to complain, they said (which is RARE) that they do not want anyone unhappy and that they could NOT discount it any further and that I could return the car. I called another quest dealer and gave them the vin# and asked if they could beat the price and they said NO, they do not even know why they did that deal and that it was an $1,800 loss. Coincidentally the dealer where I purchased it said it was an $1,800 loss too. I believe the rebate is till $3k so IMO I do not think you would be getting it for $10K under. But who knows. It is true it has a lower resale than the sienna and odyssey, but if you plan to keep it LT (we do) I do not know how much that would factor in. I personally am Happy with the vehicle. the instrumentation panel is funky at first but it is totally normal to me now. It is all a matter of what you are used to I suppose. I like the styling which is a little different that the typical van. It is roomy. For me the several thousand discount from the Honda and Toyota made it a sale. We only have 800 miles, so I am hoping there is a true break in period..but our AVG MPG is at 15.6. That is probably a 70/30 split (more city). I am hoping for some improvement. a friend has the 06 SL Quest and has 17.9 avg. Another nice feature is that the S SE has the Rear sonar as a standard feature. A BIG bonus for me as this is my first van. Good Luck.
    Mary
  • richibolorichibolo Member Posts: 1
    hi!in july 1 ,i just bought quest 2007, model 3.5S .my sticker price was $26980.after 2h of negotiation i got $25480 plus n/c splush guard,cargo cover,($480 over MSRP price).i said this price is exellent but i will give them answer in 48h.
    i checked the same model with other dealer and their price was higher + APR was 2 high.
    remember:
    -get your credit report w/ score
    -print APR samples
    -if you dont like dealer deal...walk away!!!
    -"THE DEALER NEED YOU.YOU DON'T NEED DEALER"
    good luck
    richibolo NYC
  • slaterslater Member Posts: 3
    I just paid $31,172.50 for an MSRP $37,405 2006 Quest. That was invoice -$3000 rebate. This was from a guy who didn't know that they already hat 2007s on the lot. I think I could had haggled a couple hundred dollars more in hind sight. However, he asked me to make an offer (this one) and he accepted. Beats haggling.
  • dslunceforddslunceford Member Posts: 26
    Picked up a 2007 SE (Smoke/gray leather) with DVD, Seat Package, Roof Rack, Floor Mats, Splash Guards and Sunroof deflector for $33,419 today (including destination). That's $1,000 under invoice, and $3,100 better than the Edmunds TMV price. MSRP was $3,7875.

I did however agree to pay a "junk fee," or processing fee of $289, so actual total was closer to $710 under invoice. Couldn't find holdback info for the 2007s yet, but it was around $1000 for the 2006 SE's, so I'm figuring the dealer still made $300+ on the sale of the vehicle (which was in stock).

48 month lease (12k miles) was $2,500 out the door price for $587 per month, with an extra year of warranty thrown in to match lease term (first month included in the $2500). Residual on the lease was just 36 for the 48 months, would have been 51 for 36 month lease and money factor for Nissan was .00379.

All-in-all, I think I ended up with a pretty fair deal, especially as we really didn't care for the 2006 models anywhere near as much (and there's none of the associated incentives for the '07s as yet).

Purchased in the D.C. area from Brown's Nissan in Sterling.
    Thanks for the reply.

I am getting the idea that invoice less the $3,000 rebate is about all you can get for a 2006 Quest. I think Nissan has managed their inventory well. They knew long ago that the funky interior was not selling well. When I asked around there were not too many 2006's left, and I don't think the dealers are too worried about getting rid of them--$3,000 rebate seems to be enough.

It is hard to tell how much, if it all, trade-in or financing affected your deal, but it sounds to me like you did get some special deal due to an unusual motivation of the dealer. A similar thing happened to me on the first new car I bought. I called late on the last day of the month, and the salemen practically begged me to come in and buy for something less than invoice without haggling. I think it might have been for getting the last one off the lot by a certain date to make way for the next model year. It also seemed like the salesmen or dealer would reach a new bonus level for that car if sold that night. Not really sure, but the salesmen seemed to have an unusual motivation. So I think it does happen, but not that often.

BTW, as far as gas mileage, the 2006 SL would have a 5-speed automatic, whereas your S Spec Ed would have a 4-speed. I don't know for sure, but that could account for the difference.
    Dealer sounds desperate. I would start way low in order to find out just how desperate.

I think that sometimes when a dealer realizes that a buyer does not understand the real price, but is intent on haggling, he actually gives away some information in order to get the buyer into the ballpark so things can go forward.

Also, I would definitely walk away no matter what in the first round of negotiation. If that thing has been there since 2005, it probably isn't going anywhere. There comes a point where the dealer is losing money due to financing his inventory. Since you are actually interested in something nobody else wants, you might be getting into territory where the dealer is just trying to cut his losses, and hopes you don't realize just how low he will go to get rid of it.

Anyway, I don't know for sure. But I think that is what I would do.
    Hmmm ... $710 under invoice seems like an unusually low price to me.

Right now, there is no selection in my area. In fact, I can't even get one locally right now. If two different people wanted one, they would practically have to bid for it, and they wouldn't have much choice in what they got. I can't see why dealers would go so far below invoice right now.

Same old question: is it possible that a trade-in or financing affected the true value of your deal?

BTW, I am dubious of Edmunds TMV in this case, seeing as how 2007's are not even available right now in some places.
    There was no trade to work with/worry about. I had financing covered through E-Loan check prior to cutting deal, but after negotiating price decided to go with Nissan lease program.

I did buy in-stock vehicle and it was 4th of July, for whatever that's worth.
  • tjshantjshan Member Posts: 28
    Sorry I was not able to post this earlier, but we did end up finding just the right Quest for us, then took it on a 3000 mile romp.

We live in upstate NY, near Rochester, but were unable to find any local dealers willing to deal much as inventories were very low. So while visiting family in Maryland, we began calling around and found a dealer in Preston, MD that groaned but met my price. Here is the deal.

2006 Quest 3.5 SL with Special Edition package, floor mats, micro filter, roof cross bars, extra winter rubber mats Out the door for $23,000. No trade, no financing. I think it was a pretty good deal, he had to trade for one in the right color (red) and he even offered to deliver it to NY, but my wife was so excited she wanted to drive it home.

The only things we are still waiting on are:

The headphones were not in the vehicle, the dealer says the other dealer must have kept them and he is trying to recoup them... I am not sure if they came with the car if we did not get the DVD, but I am going to let him try. Anyone know for sure?

Also, the catalog states the 3.5SL has heated seats (shown in the options matrix) but they are not on the vehicle...The dealer is supposed to be trying to contact his rep to find a solution. Does anyone out there have heated seats with the cloth interior?

So far, 3500 miles and we are pretty happy. great room, versatility (we are coming out of a 1998 Villager/Quest), new car feel. The multitude of dash controls are tricky, especially when you are trying to get used to them at 70MPH, but that is what a co-pilot is for.

One question for ya'all, we are at our first oil change. I have always done my own, but with a NEW car, I am not so sure it is advisable for the warranty. Any thoughts? Would a jiffy lube type of thing be OK? I shudder at the thought of a $100 dealer oil change, especially when I did not buy it there.

If anyone has any insight into either of these option issues or the maintenece thing I would be greatfull.
  • eyeblindeyeblind Member Posts: 156
    I have an 04 SL with cloth seats. The heated seats was a standard feature for the SL.
  • mandanmandan Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody checked out the VIP offer that is available to select Quest owners?
  • baxter3baxter3 Member Posts: 3
    I just negotiated $34291. for an 07 SE. MSRP is $38435. 36 month lease, 12000mi/yr, residual 48% and money factor .00228. I know the price paid is a great deal but what do you think about the lease terms? We have excellent credit rating and wonder if the terms could be better. Please answer ASAP as we are going to get it tonight.
    See above for my deal...your money factor seems better and our credit is also sterling (rating is well above 740, which is all they care about). Your residual seems low, however; I was quoted 51% for 36 month lease.

If your lease is through Nissan, I wonder why such a discrepancy between your money factor and mine....hmmmm.

Also, what options are you getting on the vehicle?
    Also, on the lease, what's the out the door and monthly cost?
  • baxter3baxter3 Member Posts: 3
    We got it! Options: dual dvd, SE tech pkg, seat pkg, floor mats, mud flaps and moonroof deflector.

I was quoted the 51% residual on a 24 month (not 36) lease from two separate dealerships, and also found same info at leaseguide.com. We ended up with 48% for 39 mos. and money factor of .00228. (44% for 36 mos.)

Out the door was $1500. and $547/month. No trade and made the deal over the phone. Had contacted 4-5 other dealerships via internet/phone but this was only dealership who had color/options we wanted in stock. Plus we had already been to dealership and kind of working with a salesperson already. First lease ever and we were very pleased with how things went.

And, I must confess that your post had VERY much to do with us making the decision this weekend to go ahead and purchase. I saw what a GREAT deal you got and decided to go for it, and whaddayaknow, they accepted the first offer we made! Thank you Thank you Thank you
    HI: Glad you got your Quest and that you are happy with it. It sounds like you got a good deal and had a good experience with the dealer. I did not understand, Did you get the DVD player? I would imagine the headphones SHOULD come with it if you have the DVD. I did not just check this first hand but I did not even think there was an 06 3.5SL with a Special Edition package. I thought it was just the 3.5S that came with the Special Edition package??? Also, if I remember correctly the SL did not have heated seats but it did have heated mirrors. BUT if it is a 3.5Sl with Spec Edition package then it may well have heated seats and I have no idea what I am talking about.

I have been very happy with our 06 3.5S (Spec Ed). We are not even at 1000 miles yet. It took me a while to get used to it, esp the gas mileage. But after having to use our 02 Honda Accord SE last week b/c my husband switched the car seats back to that I know i really love driving the Quest. Good luck with your new vehicle.

Mary
    Congrats. Glad to have been of help. Looks like we got rougly the exact same deal ($710/$711 under invoice), but your lease seems better (to the tune of $1k upfront and another $1,500 over 39 months).

This was my first lease as well...if there are others that have greater experience and could comment on why there may be such a spread, it would be appreciated.
  • rprossilrprossil Member Posts: 62
    Part of the difference could be due to the tax laws in your state. Here in Illinois, you pay the tax on the entire cost of the vehicle, not just the portion applicable to your lease term. It stinks, but for the present, we have to live with it. I believe there are a few other states that work this way as well, but most only charge the lessee tax that applies during the term of the lease.
    Yes, in Virginia I paid tax based on full purchase price of vehicle.