Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid

Comments

• zgrrrlzgrrrl Member Posts: 147
    I just recently went through the whole "demo" fiasco on a Quest and after getting some advice from the guys over in the sales forum about the actual VALUE of a demo, decided NOT to go w/ it, because it really isn't a value.

This was the consensus: ANY demo, even though it is NOT titled, is still a used car and should be priced as such. Never being titled brings no extra value save for the fact you get the full warranty. Which you would get anyway with a NEW car which you could pick up for the same price. Same goes for the rebate.

If you really want the demo, find out the blue blue book value (used) of the demo and go from there. The fact that it's never been titled is a red herring.
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    Thanks for the info, that does make sense. I guess I will see how low they are willing to go on their demo vehicle and go from there.
    I guess on the other hand if we are going to lease and can get a better deal out of the demo vs a new one it may not be such a big deal since I will get rid of it at lease end and dont need to worry about loss of value from the inital mileage? Am I looking at this right?
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hey if you are going to leese I would just go for a new 2008 quest No sence in evan looking at this demmo Quest. I would cont adleast 10 dealers to start with and get there bids. What color are you Looking for. Look at FIts Mall in Pa if you are Not to far away.
    Has anyone baught a quest in the new Yor aria I am going to look In to one for My dad he is looking now quest s moddle Not menny options. Thankyou for reading my Posting have a verry good day Guys Marco SOrry about my spelling.
    does anyone no if Nissan is going to introduce a new quest for 20010 next year at the 2009 auto shows cumming up next year Pleas let me no if anyone has a place to read up on that new moddle of quest any specks and things like that thankyou.
    man o man no activatiy on this foram for quite sum time lets gett the Nissan quest prices payed foram going post those prices thanks for reading.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    SOrry about my spelling.

Try using the "Spell Check" feature at the bottom of page. Thanxs.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I haven't heard much about a Quest for 2010. The minivan market continues to shrink as many people are migrating to crossover vehicles. Of course the new car sales are down so much this year, who knows what is going to happen.

You can keep your eye on this site for future news on the Quest: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Models/2008/Quest/Description.htm
    thankyou for responding to my posting's cant thankyou enuff. yes I have not heard to mutch about a 200 10 quest new they wher going to make one heard about it last year so who nos with the car markit the way it is. I will look at that websight thankyou so mutch for reading and for the help Marco.
    ok thankyou Jipstore will do that did not go to the bottam of the page and look I am leaguly blind dont look at the screan would have to go and go to the bottam of the page with my screan reader then do it sorry about it I see you in a nother foram the storyes from the sails frunt what kind of car do you sell cant remembor off the top of my head thankyou for reading.
    Yes sir, I post in the "Stories from the Sales Frontlines" discussion, though I am not a salesman. I'm more of a professional freelance advice giver. I help the salesmen modify their stories to make them more interesting. ;)

We almost bought the NIssan Quest in 2004. My wife really liked it. I liked the front and center console, which I thought was pretty cool. We decided to buy a Mazda MPV instead... which we really have been happy with. Thank you for reading and responding.

Jipster
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    "I'm more of a professional freelance advice giver. "

Professional? Wouldn't that mean you were getting paid? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Professional? Wouldn't that mean you were getting paid?

Well... of course I accept "donations". You know how that works. :shades:
    hey jipster thankyou so mutch for understanding and responding to my posting. yes the quest is a nice van My dad is thinking of getting that or the Maranno or nissan roge but I think mor the quest Since the family is so big neads the room. has anyone baught one in the past few munths pleas post your byeing prosese hear and price and moddle of Nissan quest. Ps Jipster The Mpv is a grate van to. TO bad they dont make that anymore. My aunt had one she loved it had it for menny years before It got totalled in a crash on a cold snowy day. Ok that is it thankyou so mutch for reading my posting I will see you in the stories from the sails frunt lines foram. I alwas thaught you wher a car sails Man.
  • kravonkravon Member Posts: 30
    Or more here at dealers in NC
  • pathosrisingpathosrising Member Posts: 42
    which ones? I'm in the triad, in High point, near greensboro/ Winston who's giving out good deals? I just head about Glenn Nissan in Kentucky giving about 10 grand off Quests, and we're getting a price quote and about to take a ride, so tell me who here in NC is offering a deal!!
    man that sounds grate to me let me no what dealers to. I am in New York might take a ride out there thanks so mutch for reading.
    Modern Nissan, Sheehy Nissan, East Charlotte, South Charlotte, most of them in the Charlotte area. Im sure its not just Charlotte but all over the state.
    Received a quote for a 3.5 S for 16,870, with TTL it's 17,756 out the door.

Here in NC. we're buying tomorrow. amazing.
    who was the dealer?
    Crossroads Nissan in Wake forest.

We bought the Silver $26,780 3.5S for $18,003. OTD. this is with 3%tax. We don't have the car yet, because the airbag light came on while test driving it, so we left it with the technicians and they're driving the car to us (about 90 minutes away) so saturday morning, our new quest at an amazing price will be here!
    The Mpv is a grate van to. TO bad they dont make that anymore.

Yeah... one day the MPV will be back. And when that day comes, I'lls be waiting.

The U.S needs a smaller fuel efficient minivan. The current MPV they sell in Japan is the right size, but fuel economy isn't that great.

The Quest, Oddssey and Sienna are good large minivans, but a lot of people don't need that much space.

I alwas thaught you wher a car sails Man.

Naaah... car sails is too crazy a business for me. :)
  • hebrewhammerhebrewhammer Member Posts: 34
    I just wanted to tell everyone that A LOT of dealers are offering a flat 40% of MSRP on new Frontiers, Armadas, Quests, Xterras and Titans.

No, I am not making this up. There are ads all over the place, from New Jersey to Kentucky to California.

Example: http://www.glennnissan.com/nissan/share/specials.php
  • vrichvrich Member Posts: 10
    WHat do you guys think of buying Nissan Quest 3.5S with dealer installed leather seats? Does this void the warranty?
    Great deal from Sheehy Nissan in Statesville this week. I was upside down about 3-4k on my SUV trade and they worked with me to get me the deal I wanted on a base model Quest - $20,500 with all taxes and fees. Needed to upsize from the SUV w/ newborn.
  • hogan46hogan46 Member Posts: 7
    I saw an ad today in the Chicago suburban newspaper NW Herald for Liberty Nissan in Lake County, 920 S. Milwaukee Avenue:

$15,864 Titan 4x4 - Model #31418, Stk. #28930/28931
    $15,626 Quest - Model #10218, Stk.#28932/28933
    $15,690 Xterra 4X4 - Model #04818, Stk.#28699/28698
    $19,294 Pathfinder 4x4 - Model 09618, Stk.#28756/28757

www.libertyautoplaza.com
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    It sounds like Nissan is looking to move cars.
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    just bought a 2008 sl with seat package and driver package for 21,589. st petersburg fl
  • sun_dancesun_dance Member Posts: 13
    that's a great deal...over here in Seattle I've had salespeople saying they'll try to get the SL OTD for under $29K! If I could get it for under $24K OTD were talking, but at $29K I can get get an 08 Odyssey EXL.
  • ahkhan99ahkhan99 Member Posts: 15
    I got a quote for the S trim with DVD system, Seat package, S Driver's package, floor mats, splash guards and cargo cover for $19,999 plus TTL. How does this sound compared to other quotes people have got?

But I am not crazy about this S trim. Seems like most of the likeable features are in the higher trims. I would prefer a dual climate control feature and a center console.
    the going rate on SL right now are about 21.5k or lower. i had a sales person in autoway at first told me 21.5 is too lw for them but after he talked to his manager he said they can do it.

but i already bought it from a different dealership so its his loss. it sounds like a lot of sales people does not know about this low price even tmv and edmunds does not have it this low
  • sun_dancesun_dance Member Posts: 13
    I just got told that there's "no way" the dealer could do the SL OTD for $24K. BTW, I was asking for leather seats and the DVD packadge...but I still thought this deal would fly...oh well, I told the dealer to give me a call near the end of the month and if I haven't already bought something else I'll give him an opportunity
    I just learned that you can get a dvd player and the screen in front can also be used as a monitor for the dvd, i am not sure if this will work if you get the dvd option from factory. have you thought about getting the dvd aftermarket. im looking into headrest mount monitors and 1 flip down for the 3rd seat, you can get headrest as big as 10.2 screen nowadays and use that video aux for the front so you will also have a dvd for the front passenger

just my 2 cents

also i learned that chrysler town and country dropped their price also like crazy they stopped doing the car lease and put more rebates on their cars and vans
  • ahkhan99ahkhan99 Member Posts: 15
    I got a quote for a SL with the DVD, seat package, floor mats and cargo cover for just below $23,000.
    A SL with leather and DVD was just below $24K.
    has anyone got a grate deal on a 2008 quest in new york state if so pleas let me no thanks marco
  • simeonesimeone Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new Quest 3.5 S, DVD, seat package, cargo organizer+cover, railbars and more for $21,800 OTD.
    The dealer is Nissan at Sterling Heights, Michigan. They have great deals going on now.
    Let me know if you want more info.
    So long,
    Simeone
  • med28med28 Member Posts: 17
    Base quest for $16995. Sticker was $26,500. I don't know if it qualifies as great, but it seems pretty good. This was in western NY. There was an advertisement for it a couple weeks ago. They said they are discounting them 30-35% depending on model.
    A base Quest doesn't sticker for $26,500, should be around $23,400. Must have been loaded with dealer add-ons.
    May I correct the previous comment. Most base model Quests do MSRP for 26-27k. Go to fatwallet to see the ridiculous deals people have been getting for this van.
  • imariquinnimariquinn Member Posts: 96
    I have been getting quotes from various dealers here in SW Florida. I am attempting to get one for $18000 OTD.

I have received a written quote of $15,600 for an S with drivers package, seat package, mats and flaps. But the final OTD price I am being given is $19,100. I just don't see how taxes, tag, title add up to $3500??

Shouldn't tax be figured on the $15,600 or the $15,600 + $3500 cash back Quest incentive?

Dealer fee $599,tag $100, fees $56, taxes $1092 based on $15600 = $1847 TTT

$15600
    + 1847
    = $17447 TTT

I don't understand these games...

I
    May I correct the previous comment. Most base model Quests do MSRP for 26-27k

I too would like to correct the next to previous comment. :shades: I've looked up a base model Quest (that means no additional options or dealer add-ons) for $23,275. That includes the destination charge.

No way a base model Quest goes for $26 or $27k.
    I agree they are being heavily discounted, but if it is from 26-27k then the cars are heavily loaded with dealer add-ons. i.e pinstripping, rustproofing, fabric protection, lifetime wax job...etc.
    Dealer fee $599,

That is an extraodindarily high dealer fee. I'd offer $100

I believe some states figure tax on the actual sale price (MSRP) of the vehicle. Plus the mud flaps and other dealer add-ons probably weren't included in the sale price.
  • knuevechknuevech Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a base model that is MSRP for 23 or 24K??? I've looked at almost every dealer is the US, and the lowest I have seen is like 26,100 MSRP. They all have the floor mats and folding seats, ect.

Thanks
    I totally agree. Most dealers here in Florida charge this rip off fee and claim they CAN'T remove it, blah-blah. That amount is typical too, just under $600. :mad:
    Most dealers here in Florida charge this rip off fee and claim they CAN'T remove

Sorry... missed the part of being in Florida. Yeah, they rip you off with those dealer/doc. fees.
    Well, I just bought the Quest tonight. After receiving numerous quotes of $15600 (which turned out to be for a base); then $16200 which turned out to be for the S without drivers package.

I settled on the S with drivers pkg, seat pkg, flaps and mats for $17100 + $599 dealer fee + TTT (taxes 7%). I passed two other dealers before signing. The other dealers were offered the chance to beat it, but could not or would not.

The MSRP stuck on the window of the car (with the dealer added stuff) was $30,095.

My OTD price was $19,165,75. I also received $600 in gas cards.

It has a build date of June 2008. I was the first one (and only one) to test drive it, it still was wrapped up inside and out and now has the 8 miles I put on it. It is the pearl white color.

Earlier in the morning, I spent 3 hours in the Honda dealership trying to get a deal on an Odyssey which I currently drive. It was emotionally draining and I just could not make myself excited to pay over $10000 more for another Odyssey. I left and received several calls from the Honda dealer while I was signing on the Quest!

Overall, I had a great experience and my dealer has 3 more Quest's in stock. I recommend them... I am in SW Florida. :)

You are poorly informed, or perhaps looking at a 2007 model.

I just purchased a Quest 3 weeks ago. The MSRP was $26,460 w/destination, seat package, cargo cover, mirror w/ homelink, mats and splashguards - all of which are common items on most base models. There is no fabric protection, no pinstripes, no lifetime wash and wax. Please do your homework as not to misinform other consumers.

Edmunds places the MSRP for that model in my area (28210) at $27,385.
  • knuevechknuevech Member Posts: 7
    What SW dealer did you work with? I have looking for the best deal on a base model. I'm getting around 17,400 OTD after taxed but before tags, which for me would be around $100. Also anyone else getting a good deal on a base model let me know. Would like to get one for $16,500 or so OTD?
    I bought from Gettel in Sarasota. They quoted me $15600 for the base 3.5; if you want a base S, they quoted 16200 before TTT & dealer fee of $599

Also Harbor in Port Charlotte quoted me about the same on a base 3.5. I went to Harbor last night and all I saw was an SL in white, they may have sold their base 3.5.

Venice has an S with seat package around $18800 OTD with lifetime oil changes and Lifetime Powertrain. They also have an SE in white. Both were there today.
    I just purchased a Quest 3 weeks ago. The MSRP was $26,460 w/destination, seat package, cargo cover, mirror w/ homelink, mats and splashguards - all of which are common items on most base models

Uhhh, no... those items (seat package, mirror with homelink, mats and splash guards) are called options. They are extra. A base model includes all the standard features... the ones that come on all base models.

What you've purchased is a base model with manufacturer installed "optional equipment".

But, you are correct in that MSRP is closer to $26k. I was uhhh.... looking at invoice price instead of MSRP. :blush:
    The MSRP stuck on the window of the car (with the dealer added stuff) was $30,095.

My OTD price was $19,165,75. I also received $600 in gas cards.

Wow... that's a heckuva discount.

Congrats and enjoy your new van. :)