Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Kia Sedona Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    "So, I guess this is standard practice for auto manufacturers."

Yes, I suppose it probably is. Makes you wonder why the companies do this. Are they just trying to drag it out, making you feel for a while that they care about your issue and hoping that as time passes, you will get frustrated and just drop the issue altogether?

This would be a good thread in one of the more 'general' sections here on Edmunds. I wonder if it has been covered already...
  • siennamisiennami Member Posts: 116
    I bought my '06 LX from Kia Country in Charleston, SC from my friend's brother. I reaaaallllly wanted a Sienna because I'd had one before, but just couldn't afford it. They're amazingly similar, though, except for the price! I was given a price by phone of $22k after a $2k rebate by Kia, and they pretty much gave me Blue Book for my '03 Passat. My payments are just under $400/month, which is only 20 bucks less than what I was already paying for my VW anyway. So.... that's what I was quoted. Drove down to Charleston. My Kia was brand new; in fact, he had to go and get it off the truck; still had the plastic and everything. I was freaking out over the whole thing because I didn't know for sure that I wanted another van, yet I needed one because of my back problems, yada and more yada.... The salesman was very nice(always helps to know folks!). No pressure at all. I could've walked at any time. Everything he told me on the phone was the same at the dealership. He knew everything about the van, which surprisingly some salespeople don't. It was a very, very pleasant experience. I opted for a tire replacement warranty because I tend to find every nail out there, and my payment is still reasonable. To top it all off, my salesperson even installed my car seats for me before I left!
    In my heart of hearts, though, I really wish I'd gotten the EX with the leather package and sliding doors... I probably still could've gotten a good deal.
  • imlshimlsh Member Posts: 1
    I just bought 2007 Kia Sedona LX.
    Only option is roof rails.
    The negotiated price was 19,999$ and I paid 20,217$ total.(cash deal, no trade in).
    Color is Silver.
    I bought it from Portland, Oregon.
    As soon as I bought it, I drove it from Portland to Corvallis.
    Roughly estimated freeway mileage is 25 or 26 mi per gallon.
    I'm totally satisfied with this vechile
    and I waxed it today. :)
    And how often do I have to do waxing on my new car? :D
  • pdankpdank Member Posts: 3
    About to begin negotiation on a new 2007 Sedona LX. Options: power doors, roof rails and crossbars, black.

Sticker $25400 (from memory, might be off by a few hundred $ +/-)

Current incentives, $2000 cash to customer if financed through Kia.

Dealer has 67 2007 Sedona's on the lot, and 2 exactly like the one listed above.

Any thoughts on how low they could go? TMV shows $24240 before incentives. Looking at historical prices paid in this formun it seems like many pay well below TMV. I know TMV is an average. Thanks for any help.
  • thehothitthehothit Member Posts: 19
    pdank If you take a look at Kia's website, it appears as though the 2008 Sedonas are now out. You should be able to get a much better deal on 2007s.
    why not submit a request for quote via internet to a few dealers in your area? not all will reply with a decent price, but some will. it will give you a good comparison against what YOUR dealer offers, and it may alert you that a different dealer is more willing to deal than the dealer you are currently working with.

On a $25k MSRP 2007 Sedona LX -- this is last year's (2007) model and the less appealing of the 2 trim levels (LX vs. EX). I'd be expecting to get at least $2-3k off MSRP before incentives.
    Thanks for the info. I have submitted a request to the next 2 closest dealerships, both are an hour drive. I didn't receive a quote from either of them. One asked me to come in for a test drive, but when I mentioned that I wanted to know if they had the exact vehicle i was looking for and a quote i didn't hear back.

This dealership just had an ad pushing the base model 2007 sedona for $16500. I calculated this to be about 15% under dealer listed invoice on Edmunds. So I'm going to take the same approach and take 15% off the invoice of the LX and subtract incentives and start there. That puts it at $17900.
    That math makes sense. Sounds like a good starting point for bargaining. You could contact more dealers further away to get quotes. Your local dealer doesn't need to know whether you'd actually be willing to buy from a dealer 4 hours away.

Personally, I once flew to Maryland to buy a vehicle and drove it back to Michigan.
    It is nice to be able to see what kind of other deals people have received, so I’ll post my experience and I hope it helps:

I went to negotiate last night for the 2007 LX (power doors, roof rails, cross bars). I typed up my offer of 17,900 and handed it to the sales guys when I walked in. This was based on 2400 of incentives (2000 cash, and 400 new graduate) and 15% off of invoice based on an ad they were running that was about 15% below invoice for the base Sedona. Then I told him I wanted to trade and I handed him a printout from KBB of the trade in value and dealer retail, note there was over a $2000 difference.

I went through 3 people, the sales guy, the sales manager, then the finance guy. They each tried different ways of moving the numbers around and increasing and decreasing my trade in. One tried to tell me that they only have 6 2007 Sedonas when the sales guy had shown me 2 days before that they have so many he couldn’t find the other one he was looking for and according to their website they have over 60 2007 Sedonas and they are already getting in the 2008 models. The finance wanted to know why I thought I was better than everyone else because “you don’t want to pay taxes”. I kindly informed him that when I ask for a price that includes tax tag and title, it doesn’t mean I don’t want to pay taxes, we went back and forth on that for about 5 min. That must work with some people. Also, the finance guy tried to fool me into thinking he got below my asking price by subtracting my trade from the price they were asking for the van.

The short of it is that I received 2 counter offers. The first was for $2400 off of MSRP which I quickly rejected. The next offer was 20999 before tax. Technically I got a 3rd offer when they added $500 to my trade in. They told me that they could not go any lower and that they would lose thousands on this deal, so I never offered to increase my price. I had a limit that wasn’t much above what I originally asked, and I knew going in that it would be a tough sell. When they realized that they weren’t going to make any money or a sale they became downright rude. The whole process took about an hour.
    pdank, I'm glad you didn't give that dealership your business. I can't believe some dealers still handle negotiations in that manner. It is like night and day. I've bought 2 new Sedonas -- a 2002 and a 2006 -- from 2 different dealers. In both cases, we agreed on a price within 15 minutes or less -- and that was dealing just with the salesperson (with the salesman each time taking 1 trip for 'approval' from the sales manager).

There ARE Kia dealers out there that will treat you with courtesy and respect -- and not treat you like you are a moron and/or a thief. Keep looking!

Good luck finding a good deal on the Sedona you want.
  • mattandimattandi Member Posts: 588
    Looked through fall/winter 2006-07. This year is much more quiet. Any recent experiences? We're just beginning to look at 2007 Sedonas.
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    Seems the going price is right around 19,5 for an LX 21 - 22 for an EX give or take a few hundred.

Best deal on minivans by far for power and comfort.
    just curious

Where are you getting those numbers?

Are those number before or after incentives?
    These are my opinions and just what I have noticed, after incentives before tax/tag/tittle. Of course as rebates change prices might be a little higher. I paid 19.2K before all taxes for my LX long wheel base with roof rack, no power doors or entertainment. I did not want leather in PR and don't trust the power doors on any van. They seem to break reliably. You can add a really nice entertainment system for a good deal less then what the dealer usually charges. I added HID Xenon headlights from e-bay for 150.00, they are a must. Some people pay as much as 1,600.00 for HID. Fools.
    Thanks. That helps. We are in no hurry. Will be in position to buy mid to late Jan. There are plenty of '07's available locally, so unless there is a run on them we should be ok on inventory. Just trying to get a good number in mind. Prefer to have number before any incentives and TTL and inclusive of any and all dealer fees.

We are interested in bells and whistles only if it is a stupid great deal.
  • egkoregkor Member Posts: 24
    Hi,

Could anyone post what pricing you are getting for the 2007 Sedona EX with Power, Luxury, and Prem. Entertainment packages?

I am interested in this van. There are several in my area. The closest dealer to me will not go as low as I want them to.

The earlier posts show these vans to have sold for $7000 +/- off MSRP in the past. I'm not seeing that kind of pricing at this time in my area.

Right now there is 3k factory to dealer cash, plus another 1k from ???, so I can see 4k total off of invoice.

Also I'm concerned about the depreciation of this van. Even if the 2007 EX van with all the packages were to sell for around 24k-25k (off of a 32k MSRP), if I drive it off the lot and return 4 days later to trade it in, KBB, NADA and Edmunds all show a trade-in value of approx. 20k. So, a 4k to 5k loss right away it would appear.

Any help/info/insights appreciated!

-Gary K
    Kia and Hyundai have not had the market share and reliability in the past for their resale value to be anywhere close to Honda / Toyota / Nissan. If you plan on selling soon and not keeping the van for a good while you may not want to go with Kia or Hyundai.

If you look at the 04 / 05 Sedona's there were pieces of crap, for the most part. It is going to be a few more years before their resale value will be up to par. But you can not beat the price and warranty if you plan on keeping the van. The 06+ are great vans.
  • kcarsonkcarson Member Posts: 1
    Don't be such a mooch!!!! This is an advertised vehicle where they are willing to lost a great deal of $ as it is to peak interest in hopes that the can bump you into a better equiped one with some profit. Im sure there is only one at this price - so if you like it buy it. You snooze you loose when it comes to ad cars.
  • typer_801typer_801 Member Posts: 29
    The incentives on left over '07's aren't quite as good as they were on leftover 06's. Right now, there's a $2500 rebate and $1000 cash to buyers who own select non-Kia products. So max of $3500. Last year, there was $5000 total rebates available. So $1500 less.

I own an '06 and resale is MUCH worse than I expected. I know Kia hasn't historically had good resale, but I figured with the outstanding press, awards, and really competitive offering with value pricing the Sedona had, resale wouldn't have dropped so dramatically. I was wrong. It's definitely not an Odyssey (which I prefer), but for what I paid I thought it was a smart decision. I'm genuinely concerned now when I see 06 Sedona LX's retail priced at $13.9K at dealers, where you know there's room for negogiating down. I'd hate to think what private party sales would net, or trade-in would net. I'm not sure if owning an EX is a good thing or not, but at least it's not nearly as common....very few EX's in the classifieds. And with the resale concerns,I think I'm holding on to mine for a while... No reason not to, it's been trouble free for 18K miles, but really loyal to Honda and would like to eventually switch back.
  • snjdogloversnjdoglover Member Posts: 13
    Yeah that's the only reason I am holding on to my sedona 06..couldn't get anything for it. If you've seen my story my 04 sedona was a lemon. My 06 came home and broke down in my driveway. New car dies in driveway. Had it towed. They put a new battery in. I've since had problems with it screaching upon start up intermittently but enough to be super embarassing..as well as ticking/knocking with idle..of course they can never duplicate. Well in the last 2 days it broke down 3 times where I had to jump the battery. So it's been towed again with 13K on it to the shop and they are supposedly putting in a new part that was recalled that may help the ticking..but they say the engine start up is normal. I said..it's normal for you to start up a new car and have it screach or make a loud noise that people actually stop in their tracks and give you a 'your car is junk' look? That's normal? He said it was because of some explanation about oils and such not being spread out upon start uo? (I have no idea what he said to be honest but it was BS to me anyway). I told them to look at it again and fix this! I am going to apply for a 2nd lemon. It's just a peice of junk car. Yes all the bells and whistles are nice and the car runs nicely---but it's always in the shop for something. i wish I bought an Odessy too. It's worth the extra money not to have to deal with the shop. Plus they don't give you a rental anymore so your car goes in the shop and you are stranded for work etc. It's rediculous. I highly suggest anyone thinking of kia or hyundai to read and do your research. Read the experiences of others. My experience has been a terrible one and sucked the money from me. Yes my first was a lemon--but I piad 24 for it..and they gave me sticker for sticker for a new one (so I got no deals in the settlement) and had to shell out an extra 6K for an 04 to 06 upgrade (not sure how fair that was) so I paid 30K for this 06 when you think of it in my lemon deal..not good when seeing others getting an EX with sunroof and leather package for so much less. I really got ripped all around. If I file another lemon law I hope I can get cash back to go elsewhere. Ughh. I am going to file soon.
    Sounds like you have not had the best of luck... I'm sorry to hear this. I and many others have not had any problems. The bad thing about forums is you really get a biased opinion of autos. it is true that most owners without problems don't go onto forums at all. Only, for the most part except myself, people searching for information about an issue or advice post on these places so one can hardly call forums accurate in showing how a vehicle really is.

Honda does make a great product. My wife's civic is great but don't think the Ody is without problems. They had a huge problem with people loosing their transmissions between 80K to 110K. They even had to extend the warranty though many owners were not covered. There are a lot of other problems as well. Honda's quality has been sleeping a little lately and Toyota has overtaken them in many ways. Kia's problems seem to be the little things, which can be very frustrating, but it does seem the powertrain is pretty darn good.

As far as you paying 30K for the 06... my lord what were you thinking? Maybe you had not choice but man that is 11k more then I paid.

To answer a few questions you had.

There was a TSB on the a/c pulley making a knocking sound which was an easy fix.

Ticking on startup there was a TSB on the timing chain tensioner to be replaced, annoying sound but was not causing any damage. It is normal to have a little valve noise on DOHC motors on startup especially when cold or sitting for a bit. All the oil flows back down to the oil pan and has to be pumped back up into the engine when you start for for a sew seconds there is some valve tapping. Some engines are more prone to this then others and it is just the way they are designed. Running a full synthetic will help reduce this and is much better oil anyway.

Your screech sound on startup I have never hear of that is unique.

Again people have had problems with both Kia, Toyota, and Honda. All 3 are far from perfect. The [non-permissible content removed] do have much better resale value but less warranty and a good deal higher price. What you get for your money Kia is far the best, though the few with horror stories will disagree I am sure.

Just my .02

Daniel
  • siennamisiennami Member Posts: 116
    The resale is exactly what I was afraid of, and that's why I traded mine so soon and got back in a Sienna. My 9 month old Sedona was valued at the same amount as the three yr.old VW Passat that I'd traded the year before! Crazy! I figured it would only get worse, so I went ahead and traded it, which was crazy in and of itself, but I got a Lifetime Warranty on the Sienna, and it gets much better gas mileage than the Sedona did. I had a much better experience with the Kia dealership; the salesman was great; in fact, I wish the ones at Toyota were more like him. I just prefer the Sienna. It's what I had before the Passat, and it's what I like.
    I think what it boils down to is if you plan on keeping a van for a while and are not looking to trade in every other year. If not then the depreciation does not really matter much. I plan on getting my moneys worth and driving this thing to the ground.
  • egkoregkor Member Posts: 24
    We own an '07 Honda Odyssey. Love it. Need another van, can't afford another Ody, so looking at the Kia/Hyundai vans.

Rented a '07 Sedona LX from Enterprise in summer of '07 to drive from LA, CA to LV, NV and back. Surprise, we loved it, it was great transportation for our family of 4.

So here at the new year '08 I considered buying one, and just about had myself talked into it. Except, dealers in our area still want too much, given the instant drastic depreciation.

And the new and used Ody's from Honda dealers are also too expensive for us, so I will have to wait and watch prices.

-Gary K
  • galateagalatea Member Posts: 2
    I called around today and asked for a new 2007 LX with power sliding doors and roof rack. They all told me MSRP $25,490 and offered me $3000 below invoice. Edmunds is telling me $23,980 invoice for this car, so minus $3000 makes $20,980. Since I saw this post saying $19,200 paid for this car without the power doors, I figure right around $20,000. So I asked them for $19,000 to see what they would say. I'm waiting for a couple of call backs, but one guy told me straight out that he just could not go below invoice, and another told me $21,414 was his best offer.

What are you guys saying to get $19,500 (or $20,xxx with the power doors)?
    Incentives are less for the 07's compared to when I purchased my 06. I think the Sedona is catching on more now I see a lot more on the road now compared to 8 months ago. Probably getting close to 21k for power doors on the LX.
  • cokekiller1cokekiller1 Member Posts: 2
    You can use the low resale value to your advantage. Just switch it around in your mind. I just got a fully loaded 2006 EX with 18k miles for $17.5K and loving it so far. You won't find as many EX's for sale though so you have to be on the lookout.

The only problem is the 10/100k powertrain warranty is not transferable. Resets to 5/60 for subsequent owners. How stupid is that?
  • dogwaggindogwaggin Member Posts: 8
    What, no 10/10000 transfer....

...yet one more way for Kia to GET you!!

I've had my '07 since Oct 1st. Now it is an EX,but in exc condition and only 4000 miles - drum roll please - current value...only $13500 on trade!!! I can't even trade the #@*! thing in!! I hate the thought of having to deal with a lawyer for the whole lemon law issue, but it's quickly becoming my only option (read my posts on mileage and brake issues if you want details).

My advice...........DON'T DO IT!!! Buy a used Odyssey or even a used Grand Caravan first. You'll be doing yourself a favor and saving yourself a lot of grief and frustration in the long run.
  • snjdogloversnjdoglover Member Posts: 13
    If it's a lemon get the attorney. I am on my second kia ex (the loaded model) and my 04 was a POS and so is my 06. I have had problems since day 1 with both vans. I settled with Kia on the first for sticker for sticker trade..in which now I know I was RIPPED off because I paid 30+K sticker for my 06. I invested 6K more to get the 06 than I had already paid for my 04. Since day 1 my 06 has broken down over and over. I am on my second lemon law filing. Lawyer said she's taking this to court. i want alllllll of my money back and will NEVER eever ever ever buy a kia again. I've had nothing but days lost in the shop. I thought hey nice van with great safety rating..lots for the money. But like the old saying goes..you get what you pay for! It would be a nice little van if it was reliable and things didn't go wrong that they constantly say they can't duplicate..or it's normal. (yeah it breaks down and won't start over and over and they can't duplicate---I go pick it up on their lot after saying it won't start--they say started for them---and it won't start for me to bring it home, but service was closed. The sales guy said sorry we can't give you a free rental to get you home so you can leave it here..call a taxi). Does that say enough?
  • dogwaggindogwaggin Member Posts: 8
    THANKS!!!! Atleast now I don't feel like I'm insane. We were trying to decide whether to go with a lawyer or bite the bullet and wait 'til I could trade it (prob 3 yrs), but this discussion site has helped me make up my mind!! I couldn't believe the number of people having the same or similar problems...just wish I had seen this first. I, like you, thought - good safety ratings, nice little van for the $. You're right...you get what you pay for!! My sales experience was SOOOOOO bad that I almost walked out on it, but we had invested so much time that I didn't want to do that...thought I was just being impatient. But now I know better....hind sight is wonderful, right!??! Guess I can say that Pres Bush did something for me since he's sending what will be my retainer fee. Hope this doesn't take FOREVER!!

Good luck with yours!
  • johnpaulwynnjohnpaulwynn Member Posts: 1
    I was surprised to see one of my local KIA dealers still has four 07 Sedonas and we are almost in May. Does anybody have any idea what I should expect to pay for one of these? I'm currently trying to get information on what options are installed on these vehicles. Two are LX's and two are EX's. The site here only lists 2008 models for invoice and "what others are paying" pricing. Thanks in advance!
  • kitagrlkitagrl Member Posts: 7
    We are in Philly area and we just got an '07 EX that was a demo car with only 1500 miles on it for like 22,500 but that was "out the door"...taxes, tags, and including, unfortunately, $1000 that our previous 2004 Kia was upended on the loan (because we didn't do as much homework on that purchase, didn't get quite as good of a deal). This EX is loaded with everything including dvd player. It is technically "used" but the title is new so its sort of used/new. So to finance 22,500 (I guess that makes original price around 19,500) was actually pretty good for this luxury model, we are happy with it. The dealership did have two brand new '07 models but for some reason could not quite give us the price we wanted for them. Since the demo car was slightly more "used" we were able to get what we could afford yet still just as nice..and the actual "new" ones did not have DVD which will be great for the kids this summer during vacation! The warranty is still good minus the 1500 miles of course.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large national newspaper is interested in talking with owners who had considered purchasing a Chrysler Town & Country or Dodge Caravan. If you had considered one of these vehicles and purchased another one instead, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 9.
  • jakeneffjakeneff Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up a new 2008 Kia Sedona LX (with power sliding doors) for $23,300 out the door, including $2000 rebate. Tax is over 7% here (Denver area). It's not a steal, but it seemed to be the best deal I was going to get without waiting for the 09's to push out the 08's.
  • joebertjoebert Member Posts: 22
    Is the lack of action in this thread an indicator that Kia's aren't selling real good right now? That's not a good sign for Kia. I think the dealers are needing the incentives right now, because (it seems) Kia's aren't moving and there will be a lot of 2008s being sold early in 2009 (from looking at Kia inventory).
  • ratsrats Member Posts: 4
    has anyone bought one recently with the $4000 rebates available? If so how much and what model trim?

I know minivan sales have been hit hard due to gas prices and new crossovers so I'm thinking you can find some incredible deals. Seems like a good buy for people that drive less than 10K miles a year.
  • typer_801typer_801 Member Posts: 29
    Edmunds lists the rebate at $5K in my area (click here) and that's exclusive of any dealer discount on the vehicle. You could easily get $7K off. This is like early 2007 all over again.

But in Kia's defense, they had to do something this aggressive as Honda is secretly offering $3500 in marketing support dollars (click here) to dealers to move '08 Ody's.
  • si88si88 Member Posts: 39
    Bought a 2008 Sedona EX with every option except tow pkg.

Got $5000 rebate and another $800 employee pricing discount off of invoice.

After TT&L my OTD price was $26,845. Best deal in New Orleans area was a Banner Kia in Mandeville, LA.

I negotiated with Sienna and Honda and closest I came for a middle of the road options packacge was $30K after TT&L.

I'm pleased so far and just hope the Sedona hold up over time.

Good Luck to everyone.
  • damnkidsdamnkids Member Posts: 1
    My wife just bought a Lx model with the roof rack, cross bars, floor mat options for $17,420. Sticker price of $24,820. They had the base model for a couple grand cheaper. This was at Quirk Kia in Braintree, Ma.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the ride in this van.
    My brother just picked up an 2008 LX with 8,000 miles on it, was an exec. car, for 14,200.00 What a deal. Man I wish they had slightly used ones when I got mine. Only downside is the 10/100,000 is not transferable. You only get the 6/60,000 which is still great.

This was near Atlanta, Ga .
  • fleablerfleabler Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2007 LX with 13,000 miles in Phoenix for $10k.

The ride is very nice. The seller told me this is slightly more than he could expect to receive at auction.
  • pvanmanpvanman Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a 08 Sedona lx, with power sliding doors, MSRP $25,890, $5,000 off factory rebate, $1,000 off Christmas special, $1,000 off dealer special, $2,000 off POS Dodge Neon trade in, final price $16,890, not including tax, tags, etc

We found a similarly equipped Chrysler Town and Country for $35,000 MSRP and Odys and Siennas in the high $20s with no where near the rebates offered at Kia.

Plus we are pleasantly surprised at the power and the 5 star safety ratings of the Kia. Plenty of room and storage compartments galore!
  • easygoing77easygoing77 Member Posts: 2
    I just gave deposit for 08 Sedona LX with Rear Entertainment and Power Sliding doors for $18,400 + TTL.
    I researched Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey, finally decided to pull the trigger on this one. Do you guys think it is a good deal.
  • 2008SedonaLX2008SedonaLX Member Posts: 1
    After Kia $5K rebate; paid 15,888
  • mczmcz Member Posts: 1
    I just quoted and get an OTD price of $16998 of 08 Sedona LX without aany options.
    Where do you live? I am in Kansas City, KS.
    Thanks. :confuse:
  • kbella3kbella3 Member Posts: 8
    I received a quote for an 2008 LX with no options of $16,099. Now getting a quote for one with DVD and power sliding doors is another story. One dealer told me that I have to get an EX with those options (wrong).

Can anyone recommend any Kia dealers in the Chicagoland area? Or maybe even ones to avoid?
  • vtskingolfvtskingolf Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Sedona at Quirk in Braintree, MA yesterday. I paid $15,890 for a Sedona LX with Dual Power Doors and Rear Entertainment System with my $1500 trade in. This works out to be about $8400 below MSRP.
  • alaazzalaazz Member Posts: 3
    was $15890 the OTD price? I live in TX and my OTD quote is 19,000, no options
  • kbella3kbella3 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a new '08 Kia LX with power sliding doors, roof rack, floor mats, DVD system for 19,230+TTL. I thought that was a good deal until I saw the 15890 above. I am LOVING it so far!
    That is not a bad price. Probably a bit more then others. I paid $18,200.00 2 1/2 years ago for my 06 and now have 22,000 miles on the van. It has been great and I really enjoy the vehicle. I think the MPG could be a little better but besides that I am happy. My brother picked up a dealer exec 08 LX with 8,000 miles for only $13,000.00

You will enjoy the van and the MPG will get better as the miles break the engine in. Just be easy on it for the first 500 miles. Edmund's long term test got the best mileage at 25,000 miles they were able to see as high as 29 mpg on some highway driving.

A K&N filter and pump your tires up to about 35 / 36 psi will improve MPG a little as well.

I did not get the dvd system from Kia. I Chose to go aftermarket with a new touchscreen head unit and a 10.3 inch screen in the back. very nice and for only $800.00