Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Matrix Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• rolypolyrolypoly Member Posts: 5
    Only option is Package A.

In Bay area, looks like:
    MSRP:$19129
    Selling price:$17100+ tax/doc fees

Anyone getting better deals than this?
  • daisyduke4727daisyduke4727 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2009 matrix s awd:

MSRP: $24,435
    price paid: $22,121 (before tax, title and doc fees)
  • lmcdonaldlmcdonald Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $18,600 before taxes & fees for a 2009 Matrix S automatic FWD Only options were heated sideview mirrors & rear heater ducts & bumper protection & floor & cargo mats. Live in NJ - is this a good price or could I have done better?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Could have done a little better. This car is less, and has VSC and Cruise. You can see the difference in MSRP value compared to your vehicle. Don't know how much extra in doc fees you had to pay.

2009 Matrix S

Enjoy your car, should be a great car for you.
  • randomtalkerrandomtalker Member Posts: 1
    09 auto base w/ all weather + power + cruise + floor mat

MSRP 19,459
    Selling: 18,000 + doc fee + tax
    - 400 college rebate

bought in july
  • popsavalonpopsavalon Member Posts: 231
    09 base with power, cruise, mats, alloy wheels/all weather tires, roof rack.

MSRP $20,740

Gave $18680 + doc. fee + tax
  • enxagaenxaga Member Posts: 30
    matrix base manual msrp $18,779 selling price $17,000 is this a good deal? :confuse:

I am comparing the matrix and the mazda3 hatchback
  • mhk1mhk1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a Toyota Matrix in the very near future - Standard, 4-door hatchback (1.8L, 4 cyl 4A) with power package option. So, I was wondering what other people have bought it for. Any thoughts?
  • bcmracinebcmracine Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to find out a great price to offer / purchase on a 2009 Matrix - S MT, moon roof, carpet floor mats, cold weather package, and VSC in the Chicago / Milwaukee Sales Market? Want to purchase before 10-31-08.

Thanks
  • texasgirl2texasgirl2 Member Posts: 13
    I ordered my car with the following options:
    EJ JBL AM/FM/6CD
    SR Power Tilt and Slide Moonroof
    AA 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    CL Cruise Control
    VS Vehicle Stability Control
    CF Floor Mats
    EF Rear Bumper Protector
    Tinted Windows

Price paid: $21k MSRP: $24,500
  • 11thandgrand11thandgrand Member Posts: 1
    Bought an '09 base model, automatic, power pkg., cruise, all weather, mats, metallic gray.
    $16,425 after $1,000 rebate. + tax and license.
    Sticker price was $19,6**
    :D
  • hulkeduphulkedup Member Posts: 14
    That seems like a great price.

I'm looking to make a deal on a Matrix. Do you all think I should wait until after Jan. 5 when the Toyotathon ends? The incentives now are $750 rebate or .9% for 36 months or 1.9% for 48 months. For me it's cheaper to get the .9%. I am thinking that the incentives might get even better in January.
  • HNDHND Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my Toyota matrix S in blue streak Metallic.

2.4 L engine
    5 spd automatic transmission
    17" alloy wheels
    6 disc in dash CD
    All Weather package
    Heated rear sided Mirror
    carpet

Sticker price $22,009 USD
    Sell price $18,497 + Tax and Licensing

Out of door which includes everything

$20,800

BTW this is with the 0% APR for 36 months,

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
  • chicago1985guychicago1985guy Member Posts: 10
    Hello,
    In for a market for the Matrix '09 base model, automatic, power pkg., cruise, mats, and traction control ($215 extra)

Getting quotes on or more than around $17120 (before TTL) Is anybody able to get better pricing for this cars, specially that 2010 model year is starting to show up at the dealerships?

This Forum seems kinda dead, The Civic forum is bursting at the seeams, Does nobody buy Matrix's anymore because of the lower Miles Per Galon with the 1.8 engine?

THanks,

The Chicago Guy!
  • mantechmantech Member Posts: 28
    Yeah this Forum kind a dead, coz there is no problem issues about 09 Matrix,
    Just let me know about the perfromance of 2010 model (STD traction & stability ctl)
    My 09 Matrix is a Canadian model, It's a touring package, so I added a "Touring" badge below Matrix eblem at the back. so far, It has 26K,Fuel economy seems to be fine, I got 33.6 MPG mixed driving, 70% freeway and 30% city. Not bad for adual VVTi engine (132HP) I used to own an 07 Matrix and the fuel economy are about the same.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    A used 19500 msrp 08 vibe or matrix (pwr,air,auto) is worth less than 12000. (kbb.com). $15000 or less is what you are looking at for good deal territory on a new 09.

A guy posted above about $5500 off (inc. favorable financing) on a 22k model matrix. Many have posted in the $14000's this time of year for the $19500 Vibe. This was in previous years.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • vqboivqboi Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2009 Toyota Matrix.
    BASE model 1.8L
    Cruise Control
    All weather package
    Power package

MSRP Sticker was $19450.
    Total was $15,900 after rebate + TTL.
    Toyota currently offering $1500 rebate on Toyota Matrix.

I think this was an good deal.

Other than edmunds, try this website:
    http://truecar.com/release/index.html
  • jcptjcpt Member Posts: 1
    This seems the actual going rate, but others here are posting better prices. In San Diego County, I paid $17,000 (after rebate) + TTL/ fees= $17,800 TOTAL cashiers check. >>(Std. Package > Power package, all weather, Mats, 1.8L, etc. Mine is MANUAL. Jan. 2009.
    I now notice some postings are now at $16,500 or less(!), but they weren't around back then. I could have gotten $200 less, from another dealer, but I wanted the BLUE streak color, they didn't have. Now thinking I should have asked for $500-7000 less, if I'd deal right then for their Silver one.
    MORALE: Have 2 or 3 diff. dealers making you offers, just keep telling each what you're getting offered, perhaps suggesting those little extras that might put it over the top. When YOU get interested, THEY get interested.
    P.S. Re: Manual-- listed at better mileage (28/33), mine gets 28mpg, 90% round town. After 30 years of trucks, the Matrix feels n drives like a sports car, esp. with :shades: :shades: The Stick up near radio, very smooth, very easy.
  • siung777siung777 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Vqboi

I'm about to buy the Matrix. I request the quote from multiple dealers and the dealer from north hollywood give me this:

2009 Toyota Matrix
    Model #1932
    (Base 4-Speed Automatic 5dr Front-wheel Drive Hatchback)

Included Packages and Options:

CK - All Weather Guard Package includes: Rear-Window Wiper/Washer, Outside Mirrors w/Electric Remote & Heater, Heavy-Duty Heater, Rear Seat Heater Ducts
    CL - Electric Cruise Control
    FE - 50 State Emissions
    PO - Power Package includes: Power Windows w/1-Touch Down, Shift Connected Power Door Locks
    MSRP: $19,420
    North Hollywood Toyota's Price: $18,101
    Manufacturer Rebate $1,500
    Your Final Price $16,601*

I want to get the same price as yours as I think that's a good deal. Would you share your experience in the negotiation. Like how much is your first price request to them and what dealer you make that purchase?

Thank you so much,
    I really appreciate your help.

Albert
  • iskbeiskbe Member Posts: 2
    Hi Albert,

I am about to buy a 2009 Toyota Matrix Model #1932 (Base 4-Speed Automatic 5dr Front-wheel Drive Hatchback) also. I went to several Toyota dealerships and I didn't get any good deal for the 09 Matrix.

Is it possible for you to tell me which dealership did you go to get this quote? It would be great if you give me the address.

Thank you very much,

Karen.
    Karen,

I actually have just only request the quote from multiple dealer by online. I live around east LA area.
    I will go to the dealer tonight, I'll let you know the update.

If you don't mind, would you let me know the lowest price they offer to you? which dealers?

I found that dealers tries to put many option to make the cars looked expensive. But I believe we can still get the automatic base model w/ power option with price $16,000 after 1500 factory cash back.
  • iskbeiskbe Member Posts: 2
    Hi Albert,

The lowest price they offered me was $17,400 after the 1500 factory cash back, tax, etc. And this one was in El Monte, Longo dealership. You can go check it out if you have time.

Anyway, good luck with your car and please let me know the update.

Thank you!

Karen.
    Karen,

I've just get 16,100 today after 1500 factory rebate. remember the tax is charged on the original price. (power option, all weather grd pckg, cruise control) from north hollywood toyota. I think longo's price is usually expensive. It's far, but I make the deal on the phone first. just email me if you want more detail aagunarto at gmail. I don't really check this forum. I think they still have one in stock w/ alloy wheels.
  • nhmatrixnhmatrix Member Posts: 1
    Looking for input on price for Matrix XR, 29,000 miles

Power windows, doors
    Fog lights
    Anti-locking brakes
    Alloy wheels

I believe the salesman said the original sticker price was around $21-22k
    Their starting price was 18k, but they've come down to 16, 500 so far.
    How does this sound to you who've bought the 2008 model?

Many thanks for your input
  • bigbouncerbigbouncer Member Posts: 8
    Looking for anyone to share their best OTD on a 2010 Matrix S with sunroof package. Sticker is around $22,500. Sales guy seems anxious to cut that price - how far can I push him? I'm in SC. Thanks.
  • toyotahaxtoyotahax Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a 2009 Matrix XRS for 20,000 OTD

I was also offered 2009 Matrix S for 19,000 OTD

Are these good deals?

Thanks ahead
  • consumerwiseconsumerwise Member Posts: 26
    Anyone have any OTD prices they'd like to share?j
    The base model has a MSRP ( I know - doesn't tell ya much) of $19-22K.
    Have they fixed the tire issue on this model?????
  • tesalintesalin Member Posts: 6
    hey just wanted to post what I eventually got:

2010 Silver Toyota Matrix, Automatic, base model + power / sport package (power whatevers + fog lights and front/rear bottom spoilers) + regular carpet mats + autodimming compass mirror

I got it for 15.6k OTD (this is with taxes and fees)

Auto dimming compass mirror was an addon I wanted that they eventually threw in for me but it's an install so the cable is exposed and all but it's still awesome :p

I did get the $1000 college grad rebate and my tax is only 3% (North Carolina, but bought the car in Georgia). BUT I did have to purchase the warranty stuff (adds on an extra $2.9k on top of the 15.6k). I've already signed things to get it cancelled though, just they wouldn't give me the rebate without purchasing the warranty.

But the reason I was able to get it so low right away was because another dealer in the area was trying to sell theirs off quickly (manager special I think).

What tire issue does it have?
    Dealership claims because the cash-for-clunker program was so successful, they do NOT have to sell below MSRP (inventory down - price goes up theory I guess). We shook our head and walked away from the dealership and ended up at Hyundai.

We told him we would buy at MSRP if we got the $3,000 off - right now! He only laughed. We walked - all the way to the Hyundai dealership where we bought.
    There is another post under Matrix for tire issue - read that post.
    But I already asked all the dealerships around here about it - they all plead ignorance. I wanted to know if the "corrected" the problem for the 2010 models. One dealership said they did a major overhaul on design (not just the pretty stuff) so he seemed to think it had been adressed. Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.